UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 07-20-2016, 01:59 AM   #26
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Been trying to come up with a percussive guitar composition of Woodkid - Iron. I'm quite new to percussive guitar so I'm struggling in parts but I've come up with the drum parts for the song. Now I just need to refine the chords and, if I have the skill, play the melody part at the same time.
Not to put any pressure on you or come across like I'm any good at anything, but would you be willing to share what you have so far? Even if it's lo-fi demo stuff
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:24 AM   #27
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Not to put any pressure on you or come across like I'm any good at anything, but would you be willing to share what you have so far? Even if it's lo-fi demo stuff
https://soundcloud.com/outsidr/woodk...-rough/s-wPeTQ

Added a bit of compression and reverb/delay to make it sound a bit better cause the recording quality is pretty bad for my standards. Missed a few hits and fucked up towards the end but I'm still working on the percussive technique and the song itself. I don't like the chords I see in other guitar covers so I made up my own :P
Old 07-23-2016, 01:01 AM   #28
tau
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
https://soundcloud.com/outsidr/woodk...-rough/s-wPeTQ

Added a bit of compression and reverb/delay to make it sound a bit better cause the recording quality is pretty bad for my standards. Missed a few hits and fucked up towards the end but I'm still working on the percussive technique and the song itself. I don't like the chords I see in other guitar covers so I made up my own :P
God damn, son. I wish my rough recordings sounded as clean as yours do. I really really dig it.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #29
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
So Alto and I decided to do a collaboration
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:45 PM   #30
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
This is fucking legit. I love this song, too.

(I sang along :P)
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:56 PM   #31
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
You guys I love this. Apollo you are an impressively awesome singer. Those high parts man. Alto you totally nailed the guitar part. When I say I want to learn electric guitar this is the type of thing I want to do, Props to you both~

--
--
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Lucario188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:16 AM   #32
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

This collaboration was super fun to do! I definitely look forward to future projects~
Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 AM   #33
deoxys
Fog Badge

This thread got me thinking that I should probably share a song cover/video I recorded a few years ago, and we didn't have a thread like this at the time...

It's a cover of a Homestuck song, Upward Movement (Dave Owns). I've shared it on UPN before, but I'm pretty sure only in the Homestuck thread (though I might be wrong...). You don't need to like or know anything about Homestuck to watch this, it is entirely instrumental.

Here it is

It along with this thread makes me want to pick stuff back up and start making music again...
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #34
tau
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
^That's pretty awesome, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post

It along with this thread makes me want to pick stuff back up and start making music again...
Please, please do. I'd like to see this thread turn into a legitimate creative hub, helping inspire people to keep working on their projects and releasing stuff. Music makes the world go round, man, and that means there need to be people out there in the trenches making the stuff.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #36
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
*injects pure adrenaline into this thread*

Here's a couple piano pieces that I recorded a while ago, possibly for college applications? Idk

Arabesque No. 1

Limpid Luster
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:53 AM   #37
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Arabesque #1:

Spoiler: show

The Arabesque is a quick piece, I'm not going to lie, but solo piano Debussy is really meant to be played at about half the tempo it's written for. All of Debussy can be considered to be sans rigeur so don't bother keeping a consistent beat; rubato the SHIT out of it.

Arabesque is originally written for the harp. You play far too quickly. While the Arabesque has a super-strong melody that stands out REALLY hard no matter what, you should be taking great pains to make sure it soars. When you say "soars" you have to put your hands out like THIS and say SOOOOOARS as gay as you can.

You can hear all the wrong notes as well as I can so I won't waste time pointing them out. Practice those passages slowly.

It sounds like you may struggle with the polyrhythm as your tempo is a little inconsistent and you mess up with some weird shit at 0:36. The last note in the left and right hands are played together, not apart.

At 0:37 make sure you are �� always �� playing �� on the �� beat. You rush the triplets. Do not do that. Even if you don't want to slow down, you need to make sure that you're playing it very delicately and with careful attention to note weight and emphasis.

debussy is Not Easy and you are def to be commended for your good technical play! The problem is that Debussy is not technical. He is romantic and he sooooooooars.

Limpid Luster:

Spoiler: show
Some of the chords sound really off! Esp. at 0:47. Are those the right notes? I listened to another cover and it didn't sound like the same chord at all.

Make sure that you keep a consistent tempo. Playing the 16th notes will naturally make you sound faster; don't speed up at the same time!

idk this piece i can't help u anymore here good playing i like it!
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:51 AM   #38
tau
Cascade Badge

Click them fancy big words what been coloured all red an' such,
Just mayhaps ye'll get a treat fer yer troubles!

Freestyle Rap

^ recorded during a few minutes of down time from upcoming crossover project ^

Acoustic Improv

^ know that the drug talk is obvious sarcasm, then wonder briefly if I'm still hanging out with all those dudes. The answer is no, one in particular had ta' go, ya feel me?

Don't Take Yourself Too Seriously, Kids

or else I'll getcha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment