UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 02:11 AM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

May '07: The Thread

Dare I bring back my old monthly threads about the um.... month?

So what do ya love/hate about May? Hopes? Stuff to buy/obtain?

I like May cause its further away from winter than April. Also it is only three letters long so its real easy to write/type! :P My hope is that the 30 - 50 degree temperatures finally come to an end. I'm very much looking foward to .hack//G.U. Vol.2 next week along with Fate/stay night Vol.3 towards the end of the month. Also can't wait for May 25th when the PSU event Operation Firebreak begins! ^_^
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:08 AM   #2
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Re: May '07: The Thread

Happy May Day, peoples.

What do I like about May? Its my birthmonth! And the last month of school!

That's pretty much all I have to say.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta

May makes me sad because it's much closer to summer than April. I can't wait for winter to return.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I personally don't like May because of the fact that it is the beginning of the summer, and I really like the winter much better. I also kinda dread the end of this month because I am graduating high school at the end of the month and I dread getting an actual life. However, there is still hope because......Haruhi is coming out the 29th!!!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
May makes me sad because it's much closer to summer than April. I can't wait for winter to return.
SILENCE! Kanonist. :P ;)

May is one of my all-time favorite months of the year. It has a fair balance of rain and sunny days, but the rain is usually warm in May and the sunny days are not too hot, either. It's great shorts and t-shirt weather without the pain of sweating profusely the moment you set one foot outside the door. There isn't much that happens in May, per se, but it's still a great month, and I wish more were like it (seasonally).

Then again, I'm sure our friends Down Under think differently, what with it being November-like to them right now. x_x
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Quote:
It's great shorts and t-shirt weather without the pain of sweating profusely the moment you set one foot outside the door.
Yeah, but you're in Indiana. I'm in Georgia. It's only 11AM here but it's already more than 80 degrees (F) outside. The air is saturated. I went for a walk and was sweating like a pig the entire time. It's not even technically summer but it's already unbearable outside.

And in Georgia, it hardly ever rains during the spring and summer months. We already have a severe rainfall deficit.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This reminds me of "City Mouse, Country Mouse" ... even though we're both country mice.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

I'm terrified of tomorrow since I had a dream exactly a week from tomorrow that my Dad would die somehow on "May 2nd". Not sure of the year but it's best to not take chances.

Normally, I wouldn't believe in dreams, but seeing as I had the same kind of dream the night before about being banned from ANN (which happened!) I'm really, really nervous and the whole matter has been giving me stress for the whole week.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

I'm excited about this month, since I can find out officially if I am going to be allowed to study in Indonesia or not (have to go to chicago to finish my visa stuff.) Besides that it's only one more month until I can leave the states (if I do get the visa), and two close people to me (my gf and grandpa) have their birthdays this month. That reminds me I still need to go out birthday shopping...

Also I love how warm May is. I abhor cold weather greatly, and can't wait to embrace the dry searing heat of Southeastern Washington, and the erotic muggy temperatures of the spice islands.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Also I love how warm May is. I abhor cold weather greatly
Freak.

I say screw the warm months of the year. Give me frigid arctic fury any day.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Silly Namek if you ever experienced the horrid frigid winters in Missoula, Mt and the Tri-Cities, WA (Tri-Cities is especially bad, no snow and sub arctic winds blow across the desert sands in october until april... nasty stuff) then you'd be turned off by the cold. :P But since your from the south I can see why your not much of a fan of heat, and desire the frigid icy weather of winter.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #12
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Going to france this month. For 5 days. Eh.

Weather's been going alright.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #13
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I can't stand the hot weather. My state is a little more moderate than Namek's, but it is still hotter than balls. I also hate the ****ing mosquitoes. Soft skin + long fingernails + being the main target = Really pissed off!

Even though I hate wearing pants and shoes, I say bring back the cold weather. Shorts and flipflops can still be worn in the winter.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #14
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Soft skin + long fingernails
Attribute Card #1 - sexy woman
Attribute Card #2 - pasty boy with odd fingernail habits

You decide! :P
Old 05-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #15
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Attribute Card #1 - sexy woman
Attribute Card #2 - pasty boy with odd fingernail habits

You decide! :P
Almost everyone around me would choose:
Attribute Card #3 - strange feminine dude

Then there's three more, but these have nothing to do with nails or skin.

Attribute Card # 4 - hippie serial killer
Attribute Card # 5 - Jesus
Attribute Card # 6 - OMG your hair is so pretty -_-;
Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #16
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

I *like* spring, all two weeks of it we Minnesotans get.
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #17
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Attribute Card # 5 - Jesus
Attribute Card # 6 - OMG your hair is so pretty -_-;
Hah! That was me... back when I had hair. All the time people told me I looked like Jesus. Then I started going bald. Oh well.

Quote:
Silly Namek if you ever experienced the horrid frigid winters in Missoula, Mt and the Tri-Cities, WA (Tri-Cities is especially bad, no snow and sub arctic winds blow across the desert sands in october until april... nasty stuff) then you'd be turned off by the cold. Razz But since your from the south I can see why your not much of a fan of heat, and desire the frigid icy weather of winter.
Man, if you ever experienced a sweltering Georgia summer, then you'd be turned off by the heat. When it's 100 degrees outside at 100% humidity (relative), the sky is covered with a thick yellowish-gray veil of smog, and it hasn't rained in days... and the days become weeks, and the weeks run on into months... and when it hasn't rained in nearly two months and the trees are starting to lose their leaves... when you step outside for just a few minutes at night and come back in with twenty mosquito bites... when you have to shower twice a day or more because your body is working overtime producing sweat (which doesn't even work any more because of the humidity)... you'll learn to hate summer as much as I do.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #18
Talon87
時の彼方へ

People like us! :o
Old 05-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #19
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I am not like most of you. I am Asian. So my skin isn't pasty white. Thus it does not burn easily. Also, I am of slender build, so the cold bothers me a lot.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #20
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
I am not like most of you. I am Asian. So my skin isn't pasty white. Thus it does not burn easily. Also, I am of slender build, so the cold bothers me a lot.
Miscommunication. I wrote that reply before Namek edited his post to include the entire second half. Hence, "People like us! :o " referred to "People who described Namek's old hairstyle as resembling the typical Anglican portrayal of Jesus Christ's hairstyle."
Old 05-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #21
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Quote:
Man, if you ever experienced a sweltering Georgia summer, then you'd be turned off by the heat. When it's 100 degrees outside at 100% humidity (relative), the sky is covered with a thick yellowish-gray veil of smog, and it hasn't rained in days... and the days become weeks, and the weeks run on into months... and when it hasn't rained in nearly two months and the trees are starting to lose their leaves... when you step outside for just a few minutes at night and come back in with twenty mosquito bites... when you have to shower twice a day or more because your body is working overtime producing sweat (which doesn't even work any more because of the humidity)... you'll learn to hate summer as much as I do.
Aside from the mosquitos it sounds right up my alley! I wonder if such weather would cause me to sweat? I can't recall the last time I've done that. Considerations for future: Move a few states down and love up the heat!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 AM   #22
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Then again, I'm sure our friends Down Under think differently, what with it being November-like to them right now. x_x
It really doesn't get that cold down here though. Even in July, the winteriest month, it's barely cause for long sleeves.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #23
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Quote:
I'll trade you a Southeastern Washington winter if you trade me a Georgian summer. ;)
Old 05-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #24
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz
Quote:
Quote:
Aside from the mosquitos it sounds right up my alley! I wonder if such weather would cause me to sweat? I can't recall the last time I've done that. Considerations for future: Move a few states down and love up the heat!
Everybody sweats. If you didn't, you would be dead.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #25
Talon87
時の彼方へ

OMG ZOMBIE LINDZ :O

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc