Beat the average for

- BioShock 2

- Mafia 2

- Spec Ops: The Line

Pay $20+ for

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown

- BioShock Infinite

and more games to be added soon

Well UPN, it's time for another Humble Bundle. You know the drill. Sadly, I haven't played enough of these games to tell you what is or isn't worth it - but I will tell you I highly recommend Spec Ops: The Line (which I recommended back in 2012, and you should watch this review of it if you're interested), and it's worth the BTA price.

BioShock: Infinite: Recommended by yours truly and several other UPNers - $20 is a pretty good price for this + XCOM, so I recommend it. Gorgeous game, enticing story.

XCOM - Speaking of, XCOM is also a great game for the price. Haven't played too much, but enough to recommend it. It's a tactics game, so for those of you who have played Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics and the like, check it out. Very fun.

Welp, that's about all I've got. For the prices, decent bundle. $1 minimum tier especially good, and the BTA tier games are pretty great, too, Spec Ops being the main draw IMO.

And if you're not interested in these offerings, the Humble Weekly Bundle still has another several hours on it and offers artsy games, 140 is pretty great, and for $12 you can get Mercenary Kings, created by the guys who made Scott Pilgrim: The Game (which should sell the game in and of itself because it was SO DAMN GOOD)

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

buy bioshock right now go do it now go stop looking at forums and go buy it and download it and play it and cry forever

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
Kim Jong Illest
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Well UPN, it's time for another Humble Bundle. You know the drill. Sadly, I haven't played enough of these games to tell you what is or isn't worth it
FORTUNATELY VIDEO GAME COMMENTARY IS ONE OF MY MANY TALENTS

Spoiler: show
ONE OF THE OTHERS IS CONTROLLING THE WEATHER LIKE THE TIME I CAUSED A DECADE-LONG FAMINE ON NOTHING MORE THAN A DRUNKEN BAR BET AND KILLED A COUPLE MILLION PEOPLE

Spoiler: show
SHIT WAS JOKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
- BioShock

HOLY SHIT WAS THIS ACTUALLY RELEASED NEARLY SEVEN FUCKING YEARS AGO ANYWAY YEAH YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PLAY THIS IT HAS ITS FAULTS BUT AT LEAST IT'S A MODERN FPS THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE WATCHING SOME GRUFF MILITARY MAN'S ASS WITH AN ARROW POINTING AT IT FOR 5 HOURS

- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

HAVING PLAYED THIS RECENTLY I CAN SAY THIS IS AGGRESSIVELY COMPETENT

PROBABLY NOT WHAT 2K WAS HOPING FOR AFTER A FUCKING CLOWNSHOW OF A DEVELOPMENT BUT YOU ROLL THE BONES AND YOU TAKE YOUR CHANCES

- The Darkness 2

NO IDEA BUT YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GET THIS IF YOU DRESS IN BLACK TRENCHCOATS AT SCHOOL AND WRITE POETRY ABOUT DEAD FLOWERS OR SOME SHIT

Beat the average for

- BioShock 2

THE MOST NEEDLESS SEQUEL EVER PLEASE DON'T ASK HOW AN UNDERSEA CITY BADLY SCARRED BY WAR HAS SURVIVED 20+ YEARS OF NEGLECT DUE TO THE MAINTENANCE CREWS HAVING THEIR ASSHOLES RIPPED OUT THROUGH THEIR RIBCAGES

GAMEPLAY WISE IT'S ALRIGHT THOUGH

- Mafia 2

I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BUT IT HAS NOLAN NORTH TALKING TO NOLAN NORTH SO GOTYAY

- Spec Ops: The Line

IT ONLY TOOK YOU IMPERIALIST PIG DOGS 5 OR 6 YEARS TO REALIZE THAT THE "HOO-RAH KILL BROWN PEOPLE ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR MICHAEL BAY" NARRATIVES OF COD AND ITS ASS-KISSING IMITATORS ARE KIND OF FUCKED UP WHEN SUBJECTED TO SOBER THOUGHT OUTSIDE OF AN ANDRENALINE-PUMPED-KNIFING-NOOB-TUBE-NOOBS CONTEXT

BEST KOREA MIGHT MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR INFERIOR GENETICS YET

Pay $20+ for

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS YET THERE ARE ONLY THREE POSSIBLE FACTORS AT PLAY
1. YOU DON'T LIKE STRATEGY GAMES
2. YOU ARE WEDDED TO THE STRUCTURE OF THE ORIGINAL X-COM SO FIRMLY THAT YOU ARE SINGLEHANDEDLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TORRENT OF X-COM CLONES THAT DO NOTHING TO INNOVATE ON A PC GAME FROM NINETEEN NINETY FUCKING FOUR
3. YOU <3 THE MAN TRAIN

ONLY POINT ONE IS ACCEPTABLE GIVEN THAT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE READING THIS ARE PROBABLY YOUNGER THAN THE ORIGINAL X-COM

- BioShock Infinite

THIS GAME IS KIND OF FLAWED AT THE END OF THE DAY (IN THE NARRATIVE SENSE AND THE "KEEP THE WAIFU CLOSE" SENSE) BUT LIKE THE ORIGINAL BIOSHOCK YOU'RE AT LEAST NOT STARING AT COLONEL "OSCAR MIKE" MUSTARD'S CAMO ASSHOLE SO IT'S MOSTLY A WASH
ALL IN ALL I WOULD SAY THIS IS A PRETTY DECENT DEAL IF YOU DON'T HAVE MOST OF THE GAMES ON THE LIST AND AREN'T OFFENDED THAT HUMBLE BUNDLE IS SELLING OUT TO THE MAN (TM) INSTEAD OF PUTTING OUT ANOTHER INDY BUNDLE FULL OF MUSIC MADE BY TRUST FUND BABIES BANGING ON TRASH CANS BECAUSE ART

Last edited by Kim Jong Illest; 07-10-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Kim Jong Illest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
A lot of people don't like BioShock Infinite because the story is full of plot holes, but I will say that it's absolutely gorgeous. Definitely worth $20.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games