UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2019, 12:48 AM   #651
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- With Want on the verge of giving up, you provide her with the confidence and boost she needs. A handful of candies gives her a slight power boost, as well as a useful tool for catching up to the Pumpkaboo. The Murkrow surrounds herself in a dark aura and kicks up the speed, pursuing the Pumpkaboo. She is nearly caught up when the Pumpkaboo suddenly bursts into flames, taking its speed to a whole other level as it charges towards the finish line. Want glistens, Mirroring the Move being used before her as she too becomes engulfed by flames. Thankfully your position on the Murkrow's back shields you from the intense heat, otherwise you likely would be roasted. With the speed boost she manages to draw level with the Pumpkaboo, this was going to be a photo finish! The lead switches multiple times in the last couple of hundred metres, Pumpkaboo, Want, Pumpkaboo, Want, Pumpkaboo, Want!

You are nearly at the finish, you're lead is slim but it might just be enough. The Pumpkaboo has one last trick up its sleeve however, its trump card, its ace in the hole. Playing on Want's greedy nature, it uses its signature move to toss some delicious looking Treats on the side of the road. Having just feasted on candies, Want can't resist the urge for more and she flies off her path, falling play to the nasty Trick! The Pumpkaboo snickers as it glides over the finish line, landing at the steps of the palace just as the Lilligant comes running down them.

A disappointed Want watches as the Pumpkaboo flies back down the road, the Lilligant riding atop, now wearing a tattered dress instead of an elegant gown. The Clefairy Godmother seems to appear out of thin air once more, offering her condolences.

"I'm sorry deary, I guess you win some and you lose some. Don't be disheartened, you've still got a shot, give the last challenge everything you've got!" With a whip of her wand, Want returns to her regular size, the Murkrow had tried her hardest but she had been bested at the last moment.

Want gained 3 levels!

As the Clefairy Godmother disappears into thin air, you notice the dream mist gathering around you once more. There was no point in resisting it, so you simply shut your eyes and embrace it, the next time you opened them you would be confronting your final challenge.

Terri- 1 / Trial Captain Primrose- 1

You awaken once more to strange surroundings, rubbing your eyes as you adjust. The room you are in is made of grey stone, and is sparsely decorated save for a lavish canopy bed against the wall. A small window allows a beam of moonlight to reach the bed, illuminating a figure behind the tulle canopy. Every few seconds, there is the gentle sound of snoring. The canopy moves on its own revealing a drowsing Komala, hugging a log tightly against her chest.

"Last one, try your best", you hear a giggling behind you and spin around to find Primrose looming in the shadows behind you. "Thought I'd come myself this time, since its a tie breaker. Aurora here is a bit of a heavy sleeper, she's not cursed or anything, just always super tired. Let's say you have three attempts at waking her up, be careful though, she's been known to lash out violently in her sleep, I think she gets night terrors!"

You're final challenge was underway, but with so much riding on your success here, who would you place your faith in?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #652
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With Want on the verge of giving up, you provide her with the confidence and boost she needs. A handful of candies gives her a slight power boost, as well as a useful tool for catching up to the Pumpkaboo. The Murkrow surrounds herself in a dark aura and kicks up the speed, pursuing the Pumpkaboo. She is nearly caught up when the Pumpkaboo suddenly bursts into flames, taking its speed to a whole other level as it charges towards the finish line. Want glistens, Mirroring the Move being used before her as she too becomes engulfed by flames. Thankfully your position on the Murkrow's back shields you from the intense heat, otherwise you likely would be roasted. With the speed boost she manages to draw level with the Pumpkaboo, this was going to be a photo finish! The lead switches multiple times in the last couple of hundred metres, Pumpkaboo, Want, Pumpkaboo, Want, Pumpkaboo, Want!

You are nearly at the finish, you're lead is slim but it might just be enough. The Pumpkaboo has one last trick up its sleeve however, its trump card, its ace in the hole. Playing on Want's greedy nature, it uses its signature move to toss some delicious looking Treats on the side of the road. Having just feasted on candies, Want can't resist the urge for more and she flies off her path, falling play to the nasty Trick! The Pumpkaboo snickers as it glides over the finish line, landing at the steps of the palace just as the Lilligant comes running down them.

A disappointed Want watches as the Pumpkaboo flies back down the road, the Lilligant riding atop, now wearing a tattered dress instead of an elegant gown. The Clefairy Godmother seems to appear out of thin air once more, offering her condolences.

"I'm sorry deary, I guess you win some and you lose some. Don't be disheartened, you've still got a shot, give the last challenge everything you've got!" With a whip of her wand, Want returns to her regular size, the Murkrow had tried her hardest but she had been bested at the last moment.

Want gained 3 levels!

As the Clefairy Godmother disappears into thin air, you notice the dream mist gathering around you once more. There was no point in resisting it, so you simply shut your eyes and embrace it, the next time you opened them you would be confronting your final challenge.

Terri- 1 / Trial Captain Primrose- 1

You awaken once more to strange surroundings, rubbing your eyes as you adjust. The room you are in is made of grey stone, and is sparsely decorated save for a lavish canopy bed against the wall. A small window allows a beam of moonlight to reach the bed, illuminating a figure behind the tulle canopy. Every few seconds, there is the gentle sound of snoring. The canopy moves on its own revealing a drowsing Komala, hugging a log tightly against her chest.

"Last one, try your best", you hear a giggling behind you and spin around to find Primrose looming in the shadows behind you. "Thought I'd come myself this time, since its a tie breaker. Aurora here is a bit of a heavy sleeper, she's not cursed or anything, just always super tired. Let's say you have three attempts at waking her up, be careful though, she's been known to lash out violently in her sleep, I think she gets night terrors!"

You're final challenge was underway, but with so much riding on your success here, who would you place your faith in?
With Want's new move, victory seemed certain! That is, of course, until the Pumpkaboo... burst into flames?! It was using Flame Charge to maintain its lead, Terri realized, just as Want used Mirror Move, copying Flame Charge and executing it herself. Not quite according to plan, but considering it was giving Want a real shot at the finish line, who was Terri to complain? Everything was going so smoothly... until Pumpkaboo pulled off one final trick, in its signature move of Trick-Or-Treat. A few tasty treats scattered on the side of the road proved sufficient to distract Want, and give Pumpkaboo the win.

Terri sighed as she got off Want's back, the Murkrow giving a shocked, indignant caw as she realized what had happened. The Dark/Flying-type looked down in shame, but Terri picked her up. "It's OK," she reassured Want. "You tried your best, and that's all I could ever ask of you. And you did really well, too- we would've won if it hadn't had that last trick up its sleeve."

"But I should've known better than to fall for it!" cawed Want. "I should've known it would try to distract me like that at the last second!"

"There's nothing you could've known ahead of time," Terri persisted. "That Pumpkaboo was resourceful and unpredictable. Did you know Pumpkaboo even learned Safeguard? I sure didn't. Want, all this means is that you have more reason to try and become even craftier, even more resourceful from here on out, right? And I'm gonna help you with that, don't you worry."

At the very least, Want seemed to calm down a bit at Terri's kind words. "Thank you, Honchkrow Terri," he said.

"Don't worry about it," smiled Terri. "Now, take a good rest, alright?" she added, withdrawing Want, just before the Dream Mist swirled all around. Knowing what this signaled, Terri simply closed her eyes and let it happen.

~~~~~

Terri opened her eyes to find herself in a strange room made of stone. Pretty bare, too, save for a lavish canopy bed up against one wall. A small figure within was illuminated by the moonlight that the window let in, which the canopy moved aside on its own to reveal as a small blue Pokémon clutching a log.

Terri jumped at the voice- it was Primrose herself! She wheeled around to see the Trial Captain herself lurking in the shadows. She explained about Aurora- not cursed or anything, but constantly super tired. Terri's last shot at the trial was to wake up Aurora, and she had three tries to do it in. Aurora, however, was apparently prone to night terrors, and could lash out violently in her sleep.

"OK," nodded Terri. "Let me see..." But before she could give the matter much thought, one of her Poké Balls opened of its own accord, and the metallic body of her Bronzor materialized, eyeing Aurora with an unreadable expression. And considering that the most a Bronzor had in the way of facial features were a pair of eyes, that's using a very loose definition of the word "expression".

ANALYZING... came XXXXX's mechanical telepathic voice in Terri's mind. ...ANALYSIS COMPLETE. KOMALA, THE DROWSING POKéMON. A NORMAL-TYPE. ASLEEP THROUGHOUT ITS LIFE, KOMALA CLINGS TO THE LOG GIVEN BY ITS PARENTS AT BIRTH. LOGICAL ERROR: KOMALA AS A SPECIES IS PERPETUALLY AND IRREVERSIBLY ASLEEP. TRIAL CAPTAIN PRIMROSE'S INTENDED OBJECTIVE IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

"We're inside a dream, XXXXX," Terri reminded her Bronzor. "Real world logic doesn't necessarily apply. I just raced a Pumpkaboo on Want's back after a magical Clefairy turned them both gigantic."

...THIS CHANGES THINGS, conceded the Bronzor, a reddish tint becoming visible beneath its eyes, almost as though it was blushing in embarrassment. REQUESTING PERMISSION TO ATTEMPT TO... TO WAKE UP THE KOMALA. THAT IS NOT A SENTENCE I EVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY.

Terri gave a giggle. "Of course you can have the first try," she said. "Hmm... I was originally thinking Hypnosis so you could compel her to wake up, but she needs to see Hypnosis being used in order for it to work, and, well... she's asleep, so that's out," she murmured. "What about your Confusion attack?" she added. "Can you perhaps take control of her in that way, get her mind to make her wake up or something?"

XXXXX considered this for a moment. ...IT IS POSSIBLE, it responded. THOUGH I AM UNCERTAIN AS YET OF THE PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS. I BELIEVE YOU ONLY HAVE THREE TRIES AT THIS, AFFIRMATIVE? I WOULD NOT BE PLEASED IF I ENDED UP WASTING ONE OF YOUR ATTEMPTS WITH SOMETHING I AM NOT MORE CERTAIN OF.

"I appreciate that," smiled Terri. "But at the same time, we can't be sure of anything here. There's no telling what might or might not work. I'll be taking a risk no matter what I attempt here, which is why Primrose gave me three tries in the first place. So we'll try this for my first attempt," she stated. "XXXXX, use Confusion to try and wake up Aurora!" she said.

AFFIRMATIVE, MISS TERRI, came the droning telepathic response as the Bronzor prepared to comply with the command.


*Want grew to level 6!*

*Want grew to level 7!*

*Want grew to level 8!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-12-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #653
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- Before you can decide which Pokemon would be best suited to waking the Komala, XXXXX releases itself from its Pokeball. The Bronzor had a bad habit of doing this, yet its intentions were always the best. It took the Steel type a moment to get its head around being in a dream, it was a being of logic, dreams were almost its polar opposite. After some debate, you decide that XXXXX would attempt to stir Aurora with its Confusion, however the Bronzor is unsure on the success rate. Despite this he floats forward, swivelling through the veil concealing the Komala.

XXXXX's eyes glow bright as the Bronzor gathers its psychic energy. The Komala rises off her bed as XXXXX launches the attack, shaking the Komala in the air in an attempt to wake her. At first the Komala doesn't move, she simply remains stiff and hangs onto her log. As XXXXX continues to shake her, the Komala shows some signs of movement. She swings her log with savage intent, clocking XXXXX with a Wood Hammer. The Bronzor is sent spinning backwards, tearing the veil off as it flies backwards. Aurora drops down to the bed, but then rolls off, tumbling onto the cold hard floor. She seems to be twitching in her sleep more now, whether this means she is closer to waking is uncertain.

"Ouch that looks like it stung", Primrose giggles, "lucky your Bronzor resisted that hit, Aurora can pack a punch! Don't worry about breaking the bed, it's only a dream after all. Two more attempts, good luck!"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #654
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Before you can decide which Pokemon would be best suited to waking the Komala, XXXXX releases itself from its Pokeball. The Bronzor had a bad habit of doing this, yet its intentions were always the best. It took the Steel type a moment to get its head around being in a dream, it was a being of logic, dreams were almost its polar opposite. After some debate, you decide that XXXXX would attempt to stir Aurora with its Confusion, however the Bronzor is unsure on the success rate. Despite this he floats forward, swivelling through the veil concealing the Komala.

XXXXX's eyes glow bright as the Bronzor gathers its psychic energy. The Komala rises off her bed as XXXXX launches the attack, shaking the Komala in the air in an attempt to wake her. At first the Komala doesn't move, she simply remains stiff and hangs onto her log. As XXXXX continues to shake her, the Komala shows some signs of movement. She swings her log with savage intent, clocking XXXXX with a Wood Hammer. The Bronzor is sent spinning backwards, tearing the veil off as it flies backwards. Aurora drops down to the bed, but then rolls off, tumbling onto the cold hard floor. She seems to be twitching in her sleep more now, whether this means she is closer to waking is uncertain.

"Ouch that looks like it stung", Primrose giggles, "lucky your Bronzor resisted that hit, Aurora can pack a punch! Don't worry about breaking the bed, it's only a dream after all. Two more attempts, good luck!"
Terri looked on curiously as XXXXX went to make the first attempt. Using Confusion, the Bronzor tried its best to wake up Aurora, but the movement this elicited... just led to a Wood Hammer that looked like it hurt. XXXXX was sent spinning backwards, even tearing off the veil that had been obscuring Aurora.

"XXXXX! Are you OK?" Terri asked.

...ANALYSIS COMPLETE, came XXXXX's telepathic mechanical monotone. INITIAL PLAN'S PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS: 0%. ALSO, OW. BUT AFFIRMATIVE. WOOD HAMMER IS NOT VERY EFFECTIVE ON THE STEEL-TYPE, SO I SUSTAINED RELATIVELY MINIMAL DAMAGE.

"Well, that's good," smiled Terri. "Would you like to take a rest?"

AFFIRMATIVE, MISS TERRI, replied XXXXX. I APOLOGIZE FOR WASTING ONE OF YOUR ATTEMPTS.

"Oh, don't worry about that," Terri reassured the Bronzor, pulling it into a hug. Again, this elicited that reddish tint that gave the impression of blushing. "Now you rest up and don't worry," she said, withdrawing the Bronzor back into its spherical confines. "Alright, lemme see..." she murmured, pacing back and forth as she considered what she could do. "Help's Heal Bell... that almost seems too simple, honestly. I'll keep it in mind... She does know Dream Eater, too, but I... I'm not sure I want to know what happens when Dream Eater is used while in a dream state... What would wake her up? What would wake someone up..." At this point, she looked out the window, and her eyes widened. "The sun!" she exclaimed. "Of course- sunlight coming in through the window, that would wake just about anyone up, wouldn't it?" With that, Terri produced and threw a Premier Ball. "Sunny, engage!" she declared as her Normal Form Ninetales materialized near the window.

The Fire-type glanced around. "What is it, Terri?" asked Sunny.

"Right now, we're just waiting for the sun to come out," said Terri with her usual mysterious smile. "But first, can you use Extrasensory to destroy any part of the bed canopy that would block out the sunlight coming in from the window?" she requested. "Don't worry about destroying the bed, I'll explain later," she asked, in response to the confused look she was getting from the Ninetales. Sunny wasn't sure what to make of this, but reasoned Terri had to have a good reason for this, so she'd do just that. And while that was going on, Terri was counting on Sunny's Drought Ability to do the rest- replace the moonlight with bright sunlight.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #655
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- With XXXXX having limited success, you decide it is best to change tactics. Recalling the Bronzor, you replace it with Sunny, your Kantonian Ninetales. The room already feels warmer due to her presence, her Drought ability was slowly kicking in. Your first port of call is to remove any obstructions around the window. Once Sunny's ability activates the sun, you would rely on it to help wake the Komala. A swift pulse of Extrasensory from the Ninetales quickly removes the curtain, now you just needed the sunlight. If this wasn't a dream, forcing the sun to rise early would likely be ineffective. However, dreams are wonders things, real world laws didn't always apply here. It takes a moment but eventually the sun rises, sending beams of bright sunlight streaking through the window. As Aurora is bathed in the sunlight, she begins to toss and turn more. You watch anxiously as her eyelids begin to tremble, like she was on the verge of waking. The Komala lets out a yawn, allowing bright pink bubble floats forth from her open mouth. It pops on Sunny's nose, causing her to yawn as her eyelids instantly grow heavy. After yawning, Aurora settles back into her sleep and starts to Snore, the waves of powerful sound batter Sunny but do little to stir her from her fatigue.

"I told you she's a heavy sleeper, day or night she'll sleep to her heart is content!" Primrose seemed to be enjoying your attempts. "I think she is close to waking though, you'd better hope so at least, you've only got one more attempt!"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #656
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With XXXXX having limited success, you decide it is best to change tactics. Recalling the Bronzor, you replace it with Sunny, your Kantonian Ninetales. The room already feels warmer due to her presence, her Drought ability was slowly kicking in. Your first port of call is to remove any obstructions around the window. Once Sunny's ability activates the sun, you would rely on it to help wake the Komala. A swift pulse of Extrasensory from the Ninetales quickly removes the curtain, now you just needed the sunlight. If this wasn't a dream, forcing the sun to rise early would likely be ineffective. However, dreams are wonders things, real world laws didn't always apply here. It takes a moment but eventually the sun rises, sending beams of bright sunlight streaking through the window. As Aurora is bathed in the sunlight, she begins to toss and turn more. You watch anxiously as her eyelids begin to tremble, like she was on the verge of waking. The Komala lets out a yawn, allowing bright pink bubble floats forth from her open mouth. It pops on Sunny's nose, causing her to yawn as her eyelids instantly grow heavy. After yawning, Aurora settles back into her sleep and starts to Snore, the waves of powerful sound batter Sunny but do little to stir her from her fatigue.

"I told you she's a heavy sleeper, day or night she'll sleep to her heart is content!" Primrose seemed to be enjoying your attempts. "I think she is close to waking though, you'd better hope so at least, you've only got one more attempt!"
Terri was confident. Her logic was sound, sunlight wakes most anyone up, so she had every reason to feel confident that Sunny had what it took. The curtains were gone, everything that would've obstructed the sunlight was out of the picture, save for the Komala's eyelids. And speaking of which, with the bright sunlight coming in, Aurora started tossing and turning, eyelids looking on the verge of opening... and then she simply used Yawn, putting Sunny on the verge of slumber herself. About as far from the intended result as Terri could picture, really.

But, as Primrose pointed out, there was reason for hope- Aurora seemed to be close to waking up. At least, seemingly- whether this was actually the case was quite uncertain at the moment. Still, it gave Terri hope, definite hope.

"Sunny, undo," she said, holding out the Premier Ball and withdrawing the Normal Form Ninetales. "Hmm..." she murmured. "What to do... I feel like the sunlight's helped her get there, but I have only one chance to truly wake her up... I don't think Heal Bell will work... I don't want to mess around with using Dream Eater within a dream, I feel like that could be catastrophic... What do I do?" she murmured.

And then, in a flash of light, another Poké Ball of Terri's opened up. This one unleashed, not a Bronzor, but a Furret, who looked around at her surroundings, hissing warily upon spotting Primrose. "Gah! Who the fuck is that!" demanded Zoom.

"Zoom, it's OK," Terri said soothingly. "That's Trial Captain Primrose. We're actually in a dream state her Musharna put me in for the purposes of taking on this trial-"

"Wait, wait, wait," interrupted Zoom. "She trapped you in a dream?"

"No," Terri said firmly. "This is a trial I'm voluntarily undertaking. Primrose is very nice, alright? Now, this is my last chance- I have to try and wake up that Komala over there. Zoom, do you think you can help me with that?" she added, on a sudden inspiration. Terri liked the idea of her Furret getting to contribute to this victory, give her a chance to show that she had what it took to do something great, contribute to her Trainer's victory.

"W- well, sure," Zoom responded, her generally hostile demeanor now mixed with the slightest of genuine smiles. Her previous Trainer never believed in her like this, the ignorant fucker. "Alright, so how do we do this?" she asked.

"Well, right now, all we got to go on is just... guessing what'll work," Terri admitted with a shrug. "I already tried having XXXXX wake her with Confusion, and having Sunny get some sunlight going. Neither of those did the trick... I'm thinking a splash of cold water could do the trick, though, which your Aqua Tail would be good for," she said.

"Hey, yeah," grinned Zoom. "And I could Coil up first, make sure we got some real oomph behind that. And if Aqua Tail don't do the trick, what then?"

"...Well, then I fail the trial," Terri sighed. "But I got faith in you, Zoom," she added with a smile. "You got this."

"Uh huh," murmured Zoom. She turned around to face Aurora, determined to wake that Komala the fuck up, what with her Trainer showing such faith in her. She'd Coil herself up first and foremost. She'd land that Aqua Tail right on Aurora's head. But if that didn't do the trick, Zoom decided she'd follow it up with equal doses of swearwords and Fury Swipes. It was because of Terri Zoom was no longer trying to survive in the wild on anyone unfortunate enough to wander into Agility Meadow, it was because of Terri that Zoom had a home, consistent access to food, and for the first time in Arceus only knows how long, the slightest shred of hope that humanity just might not be all bad. There was no way in hell she'd let Terri's kindness go without being repaid, and this, she figured, was the least she could do- make damn sure Terri won this thing.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #657
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- Confident that your past experiences with this species will aid you, you feed Wake's confidence. He handled a Binacle as an Azurill, he should be capable of handling a Barbaracle now as a Marill. At least you hope he can. There was no telling how strong the Barbaracle was, or whether there were more waiting nearby. You'd soon find out either way. Wake inhales, his round body swells as he does so. Exhaling, he bathes the Barbaracle in an Icy Wind, the chilling breeze causes ice to form around its joints, slowing its movement. Only for a moment however as the Barbaracle smashes away some of the rock from its body, clearing away the ice and boosting its offensive capabilities dramatically. However a keen eye would notice more of the Barbaracle's body is exposed, its defences are certainly down.

Perhaps trying to restrict the Barbaracle further, Wake raises his hands up, constructing a swirl Whirlpool of water which he promptly tosses towards the opposing Water type. It does very little though as the Barbaracle cuts through the swirling water with a powerful Slash. It follows through, slashing its claws across Wake's soft chest. With the Barbaracle now at close range, Wake knows he has to push back. Water begins to gather around him, it soon surrounds him as he surges forward, slamming into the Barbaracle's chest. The Barbaracle is pushed back by the surging water, its severely reduced defence leads to it taking a powerful hit. The Barbaracle lashes out with Fury Swipes, forcing Wake back. The Marill takes two hits before getting out of range, he certainly has the upper hand at this point.
Big watches the battle unfold fairly unworried at this point. The Barbaracle was already fighting in a very similar style as the lifeguard's Binacle. Big had anticipated this with his order of Icy wind, dealing a little damage and cutting the speed advantage of it's Shell Smash somewhat. With a little more strategy all the opposing water type will have done is lower its own defenses for Big and Wake to exploit. But before Big can call it out the battling water pokemon trade some more powerful blows with a slash across Wake's chest and a waterfall in reply. Wake gets some distance from the fury swipes and waits for Big's next orders. "Alright Wake we've got this! It's playing just like last time! Start us off with some of that patented Wake: Charm." Wake rolls his eyes at that but nods. Despite his species' natural cuteness, Wake's dedication to his training meant he didn't have a ton of time to hone that particular skill. Luckily the move itself makes up for that a bit in battle. As Wake readies up his first move to level the playing field Big considers his offensive options. "Ok Wake, with his offense lowered its time to move in with ours. Get back in close with Waterfall, then finish it out with another Rock Smash!" If this round didn't finish things off the rock smash had a decent chance of lowering its defenses even further than before and pushing them closer to winning the battle.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:18 AM   #658
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- The odds now balanced, you urge your Pokemon to continue their assault on the egg-nappers. Snuffles had taken down one of the Sneasel but in doing so he left himself open to the other, who was now firmly attached to his back. You call out to the Swinub as he begins to bolt, hoping to provide him with the instruction he needed to overcome his foe. Snuffles takes your advice and turns towards a nearby boulder rushing straight towards it. He barrels through the rock, smashing it to pieces, knocking the Sneasel from his back in the process. The pair face each other, it was a stand off. The Sneasel produces a pair of icicles in both hands, which flings at Snuffles with startling speed. The Swinub takes the hit face on, enduring it as he focuses his Ancient Power. He launches the attack in reply, striking the Sneasel in the chest and knocking it unconscious. Now only the Weavile remained.

Wildfire was in a tense standoff with the head honcho. The Cyndaquil was lashing out with powerful kicks, landing blows two at a time. The Weavile wasn't holding back either, striking back with Double Hits of its own. The Weavile jumps back, putting some distance between the pair of them as it assesses the situation. Both of its minions were defeated, from now it was fighting alone. Wildfire curls into a ball and begins to roll towards the Weavile, slowly picking up speed as he does so. The Weavile fires a Dark Pulse, doing its best to keep the Cyndaquil at a distance. Wildfire pushes forward however, slowly pushing through the attack, although it pains him to do so. Eventually the Weavile is forced to drop the attack, allowing Wildfire to continue through. He hits his target, knocking the Weavile onto its back as he follows through, arcing back around with increased speed, preparing to attack again. It seems like you're close to victory, but it was best for you to make sure you put an end to this, once and for all.
The moment Melissa finished speaking, Snuffles spun for the nearest rock and smashed through it, hoping it would get the Sneasel off. Thankfully, it did and he made sure to keep it in his sight, trusting Wildfire to keep the Weavile busy in the meantime. They stared each other down for a bit before moving at the same time, the Sneasel flinging a pair of icicles and Snuffles focusing on his Ancient Power. He winced as the icicles hit, but shot his attack in retaliation, catching the Sneasel in the chest and knocking it out. Snuffles watched his opponent for a few more moments, just to be sure it was out, before he let himself check on Wildfire.

Meanwhile, Wildfire leaped forward and exchanged blows with the Weavile, kicks against hits, neither one managing to get the drop on the other. The Weavile eventually leaped back to take a breath and assess the situation, not looking very happy with what it saw, but it charged a Dark Pulse as Wildfire curled up. Her starter rolled towards the Weavile, slowly picking up speed, and it used the Dark Pulse to try to keep him at bay. It couldn't keep it up, though, and Wildfire rolled straight into it, wheeling around and picking up speed as he turned to make another pass.

"Go ahead and just keep Rolling Out," Melissa said, glancing between the Weavile and Snuffles. "Snuffles, just in case, be ready to Headbutt it if it manages to dodge Wildfire."

Snuffles snorted but edged forward, watching the fight as closely as he could, though he doubted he'd need to participate anymore. Wildfire was the strongest of them all.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #659
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- With Aurora still snoozing and only one attempt left, you recall Sunny and replace her with Zoom the Furret. She was a bit startled at first, her mistrust of humans coupled with her confusion surrounding the dream causing her to act defensively. Eventually you manage to explain the situation, she was your last hope. This made Zoom a bit anxious, but after all you had done for her, she owed it to you to bring home the win here. The Furret coils herself up, pulling in her long noodle-like body. In doing so she raises her attack, defense and accuracy, ensuring her next attack hits hard and with precision. Uncurling herself, Zoom gets into position, looming over Aurora. Water begins to swirl around her tail, she had confidence this would work, there was nothing worse then getting doused with water while you're asleep. A good whack of her tail would only help, she'd slap the Komala silly. The water gushes as she swings her tails around, bathing Aurora in the deluge. She is washed across the floor, as she crashes into the wall her eyes snap open, an angry scowl on her face as if to say, "who the fuck woke me up!"

XXXXX gained 1 level
Sunny gained 1 level
Zoom gained 1 level

Terri- 2 / Trial Captain Primrose- 1

Terri is the winner!


"You did it!" Primrose applauds, "congratulations, you've won!" Suddenly the world around you fades, giving way to the more familiar location of the gazebo. The Musharna floats over to Primrose as Help and Laugh dust off their eyes. Primrose takes another sip from her teacup before putting it down, "yuck, its gone cold." She then digs into a handbag and retrieves two items which she presents to you. "Congratulations on successfully completing my trial Terri, the efforts of your Pokemon were truly courageous. I would like to present you with the Fable Badge, as well as this TM Dream Eater. Receiving the Fable Badge also allows you to access the Whimsical Wonderland, feel free to adventure there whenever you want."


(Your trial is now is now complete! Sorry I don't currently have the badge sprite, you will be given it once it becomes available. You're welcome to continue adventuring in the Cloud Garden if you wish



Biggggg5- You're experience in dealing with this species is proving beneficial, allowing you to account for the Barbaracle's actions and plan accordingly. Despite it making itself a powerful physical threat with Shell Smash, you had a plan in mind to neuter the Barbaracle's gains. Wake is a bit reluctant, but he eventually starts laying on the charming, gazing through the Barbaracle with his big bright eyes, using his natural cuteness to nullify the attack boost the opposing Water type had gained. It fires a barrage of stones, their sharp edges pain Wake as he is forced to endure the assault. Surrounding himself in water once more, he launches himself forward, closing the gap between the Barbaracle and himself with a Waterfall. He slams into his opponent, whose lowered defenses make the impact sting all the more. It Slashes at Wake, raking its claws across the Marill's soft body, but Wake doesn't pull back. Instead, he smashes a fist into the Barbaracle's rocky chest, splitting off chunks of rock as its defense is lowered even more. The Barbaracle drops to its hands and knees, it seems to be defeated. Then it starts to cry out, at first you think in pain, but then you realise it is a call for help! Before you can put a stop to it, the Barbaracle's SOS is answered. You find yourself flanked as a menacing looking Golduck wades into the cave behind you.

You now find yourself fighting on two fronts, while the Barbaracle was almost defeated, the Golduck was fresh and a formidable opponent. How would you overcome such odds?




Myahoo- With only the Weavile remaining, you encourage your Pokemon to continue their assaults. Wildfire continues to pick up speed with his Rollout, smashing into the Weavile with yet another powerful Super Effective hit. The Weavile tries to retreat, firing a Dark Pulse at the Cyndaquil as it backs away. Snuffles isn't having any of that though, the Swinub charges towards the Weavile from behind. He rams the Ice type with a Headbutt, knocking it back towards Wildfire. The Weavile flinches, unable to move as Wildfire comes in for another hit. The Rollout hits with brutal force, smashing the Weavile into the ground. The Weavile slowly rises to its feet, it was physically beaten and now only sort to retreat. It moves as fast as its failing feet will carry it, grabbing the unconscious Sneasel and dragging them out of the cave. Safe to say that the three of them wouldn't be seen again in these parts for a long time.

Wildfire gained 3 levels!
Snuffles gained 3 levels!


With the eggs avenged and the eggnappers dealt with, perhaps maybe it was time to contact Jet? Almost intuitively, the radio begins to crackle, which soon gives way to Jet's voice. "Melissa come in, Melissa are you there? It's Jet, I've all but finished the survey, I've just got to do the Delibird colony up on Delibird Ridge. How have you gone locating our eggnappers? Once you're done, come meet me up on Delibird Ridge, you might need a Pokemon who knows Rock Climb to help you reach the Delibird colony, just give me a call if you run into any trouble. Jet, over and out." It seems Jet was heading to Delibird Ridge, with your task complete here, perhaps it was best to head there as well, or maybe you have something else in mind?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #660
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With Aurora still snoozing and only one attempt left, you recall Sunny and replace her with Zoom the Furret. She was a bit startled at first, her mistrust of humans coupled with her confusion surrounding the dream causing her to act defensively. Eventually you manage to explain the situation, she was your last hope. This made Zoom a bit anxious, but after all you had done for her, she owed it to you to bring home the win here. The Furret coils herself up, pulling in her long noodle-like body. In doing so she raises her attack, defense and accuracy, ensuring her next attack hits hard and with precision. Uncurling herself, Zoom gets into position, looming over Aurora. Water begins to swirl around her tail, she had confidence this would work, there was nothing worse then getting doused with water while you're asleep. A good whack of her tail would only help, she'd slap the Komala silly. The water gushes as she swings her tails around, bathing Aurora in the deluge. She is washed across the floor, as she crashes into the wall her eyes snap open, an angry scowl on her face as if to say, "who the fuck woke me up!"

XXXXX gained 1 level
Sunny gained 1 level
Zoom gained 1 level

Terri- 2 / Trial Captain Primrose- 1

Terri is the winner!


"You did it!" Primrose applauds, "congratulations, you've won!" Suddenly the world around you fades, giving way to the more familiar location of the gazebo. The Musharna floats over to Primrose as Help and Laugh dust off their eyes. Primrose takes another sip from her teacup before putting it down, "yuck, its gone cold." She then digs into a handbag and retrieves two items which she presents to you. "Congratulations on successfully completing my trial Terri, the efforts of your Pokemon were truly courageous. I would like to present you with the Fable Badge, as well as this TM Dream Eater. Receiving the Fable Badge also allows you to access the Whimsical Wonderland, feel free to adventure there whenever you want."


(Your trial is now is now complete! Sorry I don't currently have the badge sprite, you will be given it once it becomes available. You're welcome to continue adventuring in the Cloud Garden if you wish
Terri looked on as Zoom prepared herself for this.The Furret powered herself up with a Coil, and followed this up with an Aqua Tail. Right on target, and hitting hard, the attack was perhaps the single greatest move for waking up someone asleep. Well, outside of moves that existed for that express purpose, anyway, such as Uproar or Wake-Up Slap. The point being, Aqua Tail combined a splash of water with a hard-hitting slap, two very good ways to wake someone up. And sure enough, as the Water move landed, Aurora was sent sailing across the floor and right into the wall, and Terri was treated to a sight few can ever claim to have seen- a Komala with open eyes.

It took Terri a second to fully process this, but she smiled broadly as it sank in- the trial was over! She'd won! Primrose applauded her, congratulating her on the win just as the world around them faded away, replaced with reality. They were back in the gazebo, with Help and Laugh just waking up. As they looked at Terri, the happy smile on her face told them all they needed to know. Help flew in circles, happily celebrating her Trainer's victory, while Laugh embraced Terri, and the two shared a quick kiss.

It didn't end there, though. The rest of the Poké Balls Terri had with her all opened up at once. Want the Murkrow, XXXXX the Bronzor, Sunny the Normal Form Ninetales, and Zoom the Furret, they all appeared before Terri. All of them could tell that what happened, while it was in a dream state, still did happen. They had all still contributed to this victory, and Terri made sure they were all aware of it, pulling everything on her team into grateful hugs, thanking each of them from the bottom of her heart, and occasionally stopping Want and Help from getting into arguments over who was the most helpful. Even the ones whose attempts didn't seem to get anywhere, Terri was no less grateful to them. She had nothing but good things to say about Want's cunning, and promised they would work together to make sure she'd never be bested in that area again. She also maintained that the final bit of the trial was a team effort, and that XXXXX and Sunny's efforts hadn't been wasted whatsoever. And Zoom in particular, after being showered with such praise, and faced with the irrefutable proof that she undeniably deserved it, broke down into emotional tears in Terri's arms. It was that hug that easily lasted the longest out of any of them.

At long last, Terri withdrew her Pokémon, leaving only Laugh outside her ball, and accepted the Fable Badge and the TM from Primrose. "Thank you very much, Primrose," Terri said politely. "This was a lot of fun. My only regret is that the tea got cold," she giggled. "But even that's OK- as much as Laugh likes tea hot, she likes it cold just as much, if not moreso." Indeed, as though to drive home that point, the Froslass was finishing off the tea in the cup Terri had offered her. But something else Primrose was saying to her caught her attention. "Whimsical Wonderland, you say?" she repeated, sounding quite intrigued. "I like the sound of that place. I think I'd like to go and check that out. Could you please point us in the right direction?" she requested.


*Trial Complete!*

*Terri received the Fable Badge from Primrose!*

*Terri obtained a TM42 Dream Eater!*

*XXXXX grew to level 6!*

*Sunny grew to level 8!*

*Zoom grew to level 19!*

Using the TM Dream Eater on my Musharna.

*Selia learned Dream Eater!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:47 PM   #661
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- With only the Weavile remaining, you encourage your Pokemon to continue their assaults. Wildfire continues to pick up speed with his Rollout, smashing into the Weavile with yet another powerful Super Effective hit. The Weavile tries to retreat, firing a Dark Pulse at the Cyndaquil as it backs away. Snuffles isn't having any of that though, the Swinub charges towards the Weavile from behind. He rams the Ice type with a Headbutt, knocking it back towards Wildfire. The Weavile flinches, unable to move as Wildfire comes in for another hit. The Rollout hits with brutal force, smashing the Weavile into the ground. The Weavile slowly rises to its feet, it was physically beaten and now only sort to retreat. It moves as fast as its failing feet will carry it, grabbing the unconscious Sneasel and dragging them out of the cave. Safe to say that the three of them wouldn't be seen again in these parts for a long time.

Wildfire gained 3 levels!
Snuffles gained 3 levels!


With the eggs avenged and the eggnappers dealt with, perhaps maybe it was time to contact Jet? Almost intuitively, the radio begins to crackle, which soon gives way to Jet's voice. "Melissa come in, Melissa are you there? It's Jet, I've all but finished the survey, I've just got to do the Delibird colony up on Delibird Ridge. How have you gone locating our eggnappers? Once you're done, come meet me up on Delibird Ridge, you might need a Pokemon who knows Rock Climb to help you reach the Delibird colony, just give me a call if you run into any trouble. Jet, over and out." It seems Jet was heading to Delibird Ridge, with your task complete here, perhaps it was best to head there as well, or maybe you have something else in mind?
Wildfire bowled over the Weavile a second time, prompting his opponent to try to retreat. It fired a Dark Pulse at Wildfire and didn't even notice as Snuffles came up from behind and Headbutted it back into Wildfire's range. It flinched and then was flattened as Wildfire came back for another hit. Staggering to its feet, the Weavile stumbled over to the two unconscious Sneasel and dragged them along as it ran hopefully far away.

Once it was gone, all three of them relaxed, Melissa turning to inspect the damage. Snuffles immediately hurried over to bury his head into Melissa's arm, muttering his protests against any other fights she might consider tossing him into. Wildfire patted him on the back sympathetically, pointing out that he didn't have much experience so of course he was overwhelmed. Snuffles snorted, but didn't complain further, snuggling further into Melissa's arm.

Melissa ran a comforting hand over his back as the other hand ruffled Wildfire's fur, Melissa grinning at her starter with a "Nice job." Wildfire grinned back at her before glancing over at the broken Pidgey eggs and grimacing. Melissa sighed, letting the disappointment settle in her gut. Maybe a Pidgey just...wasn't meant to be.

There was an abrupt electronic crackle that made all three of them jump, Melissa snatching the radio that she'd almost forgotten about off of her belt as Jet's voice came through. "Melissa, come in. Melissa, are you there? It's Jet. I've all but finished the survey; I've just got to do the Delibird colony up on Delibird Ridge. How have you gone locating our eggnappers? Once you're done, come meet me up on Delibird Ridge. You might need a Pokémon who knows Rock Climb to help you reach the Delibird colony. Just give me a call if you run into any trouble. Jet, over and out."

Melissa took a moment to try to calm her racing heart and then toggled the radio. "Jet. Melissa here. We found the eggnappers, but it looks like we were too late. We found the remains of three Pidgey eggs down here and beat the one Weavile and two Sneasel that took them, but..." She sighed. "We haven't had a chance to look for any possible early hatchers or survivors. How likely do you think that is?" A pause before she remembered. "Over."

But then...he'd said 'over and out,' hadn't he. Well, she'd give him a few minutes to respond before she went looking for any survivors around here. Probably just do a quick look around with Snuffles before she met up with him.


Wildfire goes from Lv. 62 to Lv. 65.
Snuffles goes from Lv. 26 to Lv. 29.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #662
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- You release everyone from their balls in celebration, they all deserved to be showered in praise. At Primrose's mention of the Whimsical Wonderland, you find yourself immediately intrigued and ask for directions.

"Oh you're interested in checking it out then?" Primrose says with a smile, "just follow the path straight down, then take a left, followed by another left, left again, the two rights before your final left and you'll be at the entrance. The Wonderland is normally a bright and happy place, but recently I've been hearing tales of areas going dark. I've looked myself but I have found nothing out of the ordinary, just try to keep your wits about you."

You leave the gazebo, your Pokemon trailing behind and alongside you. You head along the path, slightly bamboozled by Primrose's directions. You weave your way through the garden, left, left, was it another left? Left was right, or was right right? Just when you think you've gotten yourself lost, you reach your destination. A giant hedge maze. The neatly trimmed shrubs create a wall of green in front of you, save for the two metre gap for the entrance. You can only see about ten metres ahead, as the path then splits, heading in different directions. It would likely be easy to get lost within the maze and if what Primrose said is true and there was something dark lurking within, then maybe it was wise to avoid the maze for now? Your Pokemon look to you with curiosity, would they be venturing inside or heading elsewhere?




Myahoo- You attempt to communicate your findings with Jet, holding the radio up to your mouth. You wait for a moment to see if you get a reply and breathe a sigh of relief as it crackles back to life.

"Well done Melissa, taking down that trio on their turf is an impressive feat, I doubt they'll try a stunt like that again. As for the chance of survivors, I'd say slim to impossible, we're dealing with expert eggnappers here, they rarely make a mistake. You can have a quick look around but be quick, I won't be at the Delibirds for long. Over." The radio falls silent once more.

You look to Snuffles, Jet had said slim to impossible, but it was still something right? The Swinub gives you a nod and heads over to the nest where the remains of the Pidgey eggs lay scattered. He gives them a good sniff, hoping to pick up on a scent trail, but after following it around the Weavile's next for a few minutes, he comes to a stop. A disappointed look rests on his face, if any of the Pidgey had survived there was no scent trail, perhaps because there was none, or maybe it had just been too long. With nothing to go on, would you continue to search out of desperation or would you head up to join Jet, perhaps he could help you find something else to fill the void the Pidgey have left?

"Mel........ yo.... .....ould co......... .......kly ....u .....t be...... .......s." the radio crackles but you struggle to make out what Jet is saying. It is likely the signal is being disrupted by a snow storm or something, but Jet likely wouldn't be contacting you again if it wasn't important.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #663
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- You release everyone from their balls in celebration, they all deserved to be showered in praise. At Primrose's mention of the Whimsical Wonderland, you find yourself immediately intrigued and ask for directions.

"Oh you're interested in checking it out then?" Primrose says with a smile, "just follow the path straight down, then take a left, followed by another left, left again, the two rights before your final left and you'll be at the entrance. The Wonderland is normally a bright and happy place, but recently I've been hearing tales of areas going dark. I've looked myself but I have found nothing out of the ordinary, just try to keep your wits about you."

You leave the gazebo, your Pokemon trailing behind and alongside you. You head along the path, slightly bamboozled by Primrose's directions. You weave your way through the garden, left, left, was it another left? Left was right, or was right right? Just when you think you've gotten yourself lost, you reach your destination. A giant hedge maze. The neatly trimmed shrubs create a wall of green in front of you, save for the two metre gap for the entrance. You can only see about ten metres ahead, as the path then splits, heading in different directions. It would likely be easy to get lost within the maze and if what Primrose said is true and there was something dark lurking within, then maybe it was wise to avoid the maze for now? Your Pokemon look to you with curiosity, would they be venturing inside or heading elsewhere?
(Minor nitpick- I stated that Terri withdrew her other Pokémon. Laugh is the only one she has out of her ball.)

Primrose smiled at Terri's enthusiasm and promptly gave her directions. Perhaps too promptly, even- Terri found herself trying hastily to remember how many lefts preceded the two rights. Thinking she had it right, Terri nodded. "Thank you," she said, just before Primrose warned her of some areas going dark. Terri nodded again. "We'll be careful," she promised. "C'mon, Laugh," she added, "Let's get going. Thanks again for everything, Primrose," she added, before the Trainer and Froslass left, hand in hand.

"Are you sure you remember her directions?" Laugh asked. "I had trouble keeping up with what she was saying."

"So did I, but I'm pretty sure I got this," Terri stated confidently.

~~~~~

"...I don't got this," Terri conceded, after losing count of how many wrong turns she'd taken. "I should've asked Primrose to repeat her directions."

"Oh, we'll find our way," Laugh said encouragingly. "We know it was a bunch of lefts, then two rights and one final left, so I don't think we should be all that far."

Indeed, the words had barely left the Froslass's mouth before they tried a right turn that turned out to be a right turn in more than one sense. Another right and a left, and there they were at what looked to be a massive hedge maze. A solid wall of foliage stood before them, with but a single gap as the entrance. And that gap did not afford them much of a look in. Terri and Laugh could see a single straight path, and of course, could not see beyond where said path forked.

Laugh looked over at Terri. "...So, are we going in?" she asked, sounding somewhere between nervous and excited, as though she wasn't sure what she wanted the answer to be.

Terri shrugged. "It's what we came here for, isn't it?" she replied. "Sure, we don't know what we'll find in there, but, well, that's half the fun," she smiled. "You know what I mean, Laugh? There's something fun about the unknown?"

The Froslass gave a small giggle in response, knowing exactly what Terri meant. "Fair enough," she conceded. "I'm just a little worried about what Primrose said, about some areas going dark. It sounds very ominous, and I'd hate for you to be in danger."

Terri smiled, and held out her hand to her Ice/Ghost girlfriend. "Take my hand, Laugh," she said. "We'll go in together, face whatever's in there together."

Laugh smiled back, taking hold of Terri's hand. "I like that," she said. And hand in hand, the couple ventured into the large leafy labyrinth.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:40 AM   #664
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- You attempt to communicate your findings with Jet, holding the radio up to your mouth. You wait for a moment to see if you get a reply and breathe a sigh of relief as it crackles back to life.

"Well done Melissa, taking down that trio on their turf is an impressive feat, I doubt they'll try a stunt like that again. As for the chance of survivors, I'd say slim to impossible, we're dealing with expert eggnappers here, they rarely make a mistake. You can have a quick look around but be quick, I won't be at the Delibirds for long. Over." The radio falls silent once more.

You look to Snuffles, Jet had said slim to impossible, but it was still something right? The Swinub gives you a nod and heads over to the nest where the remains of the Pidgey eggs lay scattered. He gives them a good sniff, hoping to pick up on a scent trail, but after following it around the Weavile's next for a few minutes, he comes to a stop. A disappointed look rests on his face, if any of the Pidgey had survived there was no scent trail, perhaps because there was none, or maybe it had just been too long. With nothing to go on, would you continue to search out of desperation or would you head up to join Jet, perhaps he could help you find something else to fill the void the Pidgey have left?

"Mel........ yo.... .....ould co......... .......kly ....u .....t be...... .......s." the radio crackles but you struggle to make out what Jet is saying. It is likely the signal is being disrupted by a snow storm or something, but Jet likely wouldn't be contacting you again if it wasn't important.
Thankfully, she didn't have to wait long for Jet to respond.

"Well done, Melissa. Taking down that trio on their turf is an impressive feat. I doubt they'll try a stunt like that again. As for the chance of survivors, I'd say slim to impossible. We're dealing with expert eggnappers here; they rarely make a mistake. You can have a look around but be quick; I won't be at the Delibirds for long. Over."

As though she wouldn't have regardless.

Clipping the radio back onto her belt, Melissa glanced over to Snuffles, who nodded firmly and headed towards the broken Pidgey eggs. He inhaled deeply, catching as much scent as he could, before sticking his snout to the ground and searching. He slowly circled the Weavile's nest, looking for any Pidgey scent trails leading away from the nest, but by the time he completed the loop, Melissa figured she was out of luck. Snuffles looked over at her and shook his head. She sighed. Of course not.

The radio crackled to life again and Melissa slipped it off, frowning when she noticed how much static was interfering with the connection.

"Mel-" Static. "Yo-" Static. "-ould co-" Static. "-kly" Static. "-u" Static. "-t be-" Static. "-s."

She exchanged glances with her Pokémon as the radio fell silent again. It was probably a snowstorm or something messing with the signal, but she didn't think Jet would have called unless it was important.

Nodding to herself, Melissa recalled Snuffles and pulled out the map of the Cloud Garden she'd grabbed earlier in the day, searching for a path to the Delibird Ridge. Or, really, just what direction she needed to go in to get there. Once she figured that out, she sent out Fossil, who landed with a shake of his head and an inspection of their surroundings.

"Fossil," she said sharply and his head swung around to eye her. "We need to get up to the Delibird Ridge and you're the only one who knows Rock Climb. Can you get us up there?" He snorted, looking almost insulted as Wildfire rolled his eyes in the background. Melissa only nodded and recalled Wildfire as well before leading the way.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:23 AM   #665
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- Not afraid of the unknown, as long as your Froslass is alongside you, you head into the maze, hand in hand. Despite Primrose's concerns, your first half an hour within the maze is blissful. You occasionally come to a dead end, but a bit of backtracking eventually leads you to a new direction. Laugh seems to be having a good time. She lets go of your hand when she spots a red rose growing out of the hedge. She deftly plucks the rose, but as she goes to present it to you, it shrivels and blackens. You feel the air around you grow colder, colder than it normally does when the Ice type is alongside you. The sun seems to stop shining as the world around you dims. A thick black fog forms above the maze, an ominous forewarning of events to come.

Before you can do anything, a powerful gust of wind tears down the path, blowing a barrage of sticks and leaves at you. You through your hands up to shield your face. As you do so, you catch a glimpse of three shadowy figures approaching you. Laugh spots them as well and battles against the wind to put herself between you and the three mysterious figures. You lower your arms just in time to see a pair of spectral hands grasp Laugh and pull her away from you, the Froslass cries out in distress. Before you can pursue her, the maze seems to change. A large wall of shrubbery sprouts from the ground in front of you, cutting you off from Laugh and her assailants. As the wall forms, Laugh's cries stop. Spinning around, you find yourself with only two options, left or right. Laugh was likely in danger, meaning time was of the essence, you needed to get moving, fast!



Myahoo- With your efforts to locate a surviving Pidgey fruitless, you decide its best to act on Jet's partial message. Although you can't exactly be sure what the Trial Captain was getting at, you could at least assume it was important, he probably wouldn't have contacted you otherwise. With Snuffles recalled, you retrieve a map of the Cloud Garden and quickly locate Delibird Ridge. It wasn't far from here, but the hike was rough and would require the use of Rock Climb. Luckily you had Fossil for that. The Cranidos was confident he could handle the challenge, so you recall Wildfire and make your way out of the cave.

It's hailing as exit the cave, not heavy but enough to make Fossil and yourself wince. Map in hand, you guide Fossil to a nearby path that snakes its way up the mountainside. It's far from warn, the path barely visible in places, but it was all you hand. Your quads and calves burn as you make the steep climb up the mountain. Occasionally the path is so steep you are forced to cling to Fossil, who continues to stride forward, pulling you both upward with his Rock Climb. Eventually the ground begins to level out once more, you'd made it to Delibird Ridge!

Now that you were here, you just had to find Jet. Thankfully that would prove rather easy, as a familiar figure descends through the storm. Jet's Pidgeot didn't even seemed fazed by the hail, a testament to its training. It loops around to fly in front of you, you soon realise that it is directing you to Jet. The hail finally gives way as you step into a large cavern, a cavern full of Delibird. The Pidgeot lands beside a crouching Jet. The Trial Captain seems engaged by something and only turns to greet you once he hears your footsteps.

"Ah Melissa, you did get my message!" Jet beckons you over, the excitement on his face is remarkable. "You're not going to believe what I've found here." As he steps aside, a Pokemon comes into view. It was a bird, but it was no Delibird. Small it stature, brown and cream plumage, dark marks running down from its eyes. The young Pidgey whipped its wings, blowing some snow towards you. "Unbelievable right?! The only way I can explain it is that the Sneasel must have dropped an egg on their way down the mountain and it ended up here. The Delibird, being such caring Pokemon, must have taken it in as there own! I'm assuming you still want a Pidgey after everything you've been through? I reckon a short battle should be enough to win this one over."

After all your struggles, this was the moment you'd been waiting for. The Pidgey locks eyes with you, curious of your intentions.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:17 PM   #666
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- With your efforts to locate a surviving Pidgey fruitless, you decide its best to act on Jet's partial message. Although you can't exactly be sure what the Trial Captain was getting at, you could at least assume it was important, he probably wouldn't have contacted you otherwise. With Snuffles recalled, you retrieve a map of the Cloud Garden and quickly locate Delibird Ridge. It wasn't far from here, but the hike was rough and would require the use of Rock Climb. Luckily you had Fossil for that. The Cranidos was confident he could handle the challenge, so you recall Wildfire and make your way out of the cave.

It's hailing as exit the cave, not heavy but enough to make Fossil and yourself wince. Map in hand, you guide Fossil to a nearby path that snakes its way up the mountainside. It's far from warn, the path barely visible in places, but it was all you hand. Your quads and calves burn as you make the steep climb up the mountain. Occasionally the path is so steep you are forced to cling to Fossil, who continues to stride forward, pulling you both upward with his Rock Climb. Eventually the ground begins to level out once more, you'd made it to Delibird Ridge!

Now that you were here, you just had to find Jet. Thankfully that would prove rather easy, as a familiar figure descends through the storm. Jet's Pidgeot didn't even seemed fazed by the hail, a testament to its training. It loops around to fly in front of you, you soon realise that it is directing you to Jet. The hail finally gives way as you step into a large cavern, a cavern full of Delibird. The Pidgeot lands beside a crouching Jet. The Trial Captain seems engaged by something and only turns to greet you once he hears your footsteps.

"Ah Melissa, you did get my message!" Jet beckons you over, the excitement on his face is remarkable. "You're not going to believe what I've found here." As he steps aside, a Pokemon comes into view. It was a bird, but it was no Delibird. Small it stature, brown and cream plumage, dark marks running down from its eyes. The young Pidgey whipped its wings, blowing some snow towards you. "Unbelievable right?! The only way I can explain it is that the Sneasel must have dropped an egg on their way down the mountain and it ended up here. The Delibird, being such caring Pokemon, must have taken it in as there own! I'm assuming you still want a Pidgey after everything you've been through? I reckon a short battle should be enough to win this one over."

After all your struggles, this was the moment you'd been waiting for. The Pidgey locks eyes with you, curious of your intentions.
"Oh. Great," Melissa muttered as they exited the cave and were immediately pelted by Hail, flipping her hood up for all the good it would do. Fossil shook his head at the first blows and eyed the clouds as though figuring out how to get them to come down so he could Headbutt them for tossing ice at him. She nudged him when he slowed and motioned towards the barely-visible path. "Over there."

The climb sucked and Melissa quickly ended up sweating under her clothes, her legs burning with exertion and the chilly air biting even deeper where the sweat gathered on her face. Fossil, of course, barely had any problems climbing, even when he had drag her along behind him. Frickin' prehistoric dinosaur.

After what felt like a while, the ground eventually leveled out and Melissa took the chance to catch her breath. Fossil shifted his weight impatiently, alternately glaring at the clouds and taking a look at their surroundings. It was also his first time on an adventure and, unlike Snuffles, she thought he'd probably do fine in a battle.

Once she caught her breath, she realized that she had no idea where Jet was. Which...seemed like a huge oversight on both their parts until a Pidgeot descended out of the storm. For a beat, Melissa wondered what a wild Pidgeot wanted with her and her Cranidos, but then she recognized it as Jet's. It looped until it was ahead of them and they followed it out of the Hail and into a cavern full of Delibird. Fossil shook himself off now that the Hail was gone, while Melissa blinked at the abrupt presence of lots of Pokémon. Shaking herself, she pulled her hood off and continued after Jet's Pidgeot, finding the Trial Captain himself examining something on the ground.

He turned around at her approach. "Ah, Melissa! You did get my message!" He gestured her over, excitement written across his face. "You're not going to believe what I've found here." He stepped aside and Melissa's jaw dropped. Tiny baby bird with brown and cream feathers and dark eye markings. Definitely not a Delibird. It flapped its wings, blowing some of the snow on the ground towards her and Fossil. Her Cranidos snorted, but thankfully didn't take offense.

"Unbelieveable, right?!" Jet continued, as Melissa slowly crouched down, focus more on the baby Pidgey than what Jet was saying. "The only way I can explain it is that the Sneasel must have dropped an egg on their way down the mountain and it ended up here. The Delibird, being such caring Pokémon, must have taken it in as their own! I'm assuming you still want a Pidgey after everything you've been through? I reckon a short battle should be enough to win this one over."

"Are you kidding?" Melissa shot Jet an incredulous look. "Of course I still want one. I've been looking for one for years; a setback like the eggnappers wasn't exactly gonna stop me for long." Fossil sighed in the background as Melissa cautiously reached out to the baby Pidgey, voice going soft and quiet in an effort not to scare it. "Hey there, little one. How've you been? You doing okay?"
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:40 PM   #667
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Not afraid of the unknown, as long as your Froslass is alongside you, you head into the maze, hand in hand. Despite Primrose's concerns, your first half an hour within the maze is blissful. You occasionally come to a dead end, but a bit of backtracking eventually leads you to a new direction. Laugh seems to be having a good time. She lets go of your hand when she spots a red rose growing out of the hedge. She deftly plucks the rose, but as she goes to present it to you, it shrivels and blackens. You feel the air around you grow colder, colder than it normally does when the Ice type is alongside you. The sun seems to stop shining as the world around you dims. A thick black fog forms above the maze, an ominous forewarning of events to come.

Before you can do anything, a powerful gust of wind tears down the path, blowing a barrage of sticks and leaves at you. You through your hands up to shield your face. As you do so, you catch a glimpse of three shadowy figures approaching you. Laugh spots them as well and battles against the wind to put herself between you and the three mysterious figures. You lower your arms just in time to see a pair of spectral hands grasp Laugh and pull her away from you, the Froslass cries out in distress. Before you can pursue her, the maze seems to change. A large wall of shrubbery sprouts from the ground in front of you, cutting you off from Laugh and her assailants. As the wall forms, Laugh's cries stop. Spinning around, you find yourself with only two options, left or right. Laugh was likely in danger, meaning time was of the essence, you needed to get moving, fast!
The thirty minutes that followed Terri and Laugh's entrance of the labyrinth were absolutely wonderful. They walked (and floated, in Laugh's case), hand in hand, occasionally backtracking as they hit dead ends, just enjoying each other's company, smiling at each other, occasionally talking about this, that, and the other thing. Terri found herself wishing that this experience would never end. But alas, not all wishes were destined to be granted...

At one point, Laugh spotted a beautiful rose growing out of the hedge. Letting go of Terri's hand for a moment, the Froslass plucked the rose, but as she presented it to Terri, it shriveled and blackened in her grip. "Here you go, Terri- what the...?" murmured Laugh as she noticed this bizarre turn of events.

Terri looked at the shriveled rose, and knew from Laugh's bewilderment that ti looked decidedly more beautiful mere seconds ago. She opened her mouth, but before she could utter so much as a single syllable, things began to go downhill very quickly. Beautiful sunlight was swiftly replaced with ominous fog overhead, and a powerful gust of wind whipped up, forcing Terri to use her hands to shield her face from an arboreal onslaught of twigs and leaves. And as she did so, she saw them- a trio of shadowy figures, all moving her way. "Wha-" gasped Terri.

"No you don't," Laugh growled, floating forward, placing herself between Terri and the approaching figures, intent on protecting her girlfriend, but the opportunity to attack never came- just as Terri lowered herarms, she saw a pair of spectral hands took hold of Laugh, pulling her away. "No! Terri!" screamed Laugh.

"Laugh! No!!" Terri exclaimed. She made to give chase at once, but quite suddenly, a wall of shrubbery sprang up before her, impeding any attempt at pursuit. "No... no..." Terri murmured, looking around. She could go left or right, but which of those paths would help her catch up with those kidnapping specters? She couldn't think, her mind roiling with no small amount of worry, just about to the point of panic, and all she knew was that she needed to go forward. Screw going around the obstacle, that could take too long- Terri was going through it! Already, Terri was throwing a Poké Ball. "Zoom! Rip that shrubbery to shreds with your Slash attack!" she exclaimed, an unusual urgency in her voice that told the Furret that this was a situation that demanded immediate results, so Zoom wasted no time. As soon as she saw exactly what Terri was pointing at, the Furret made ready to rip right through it. And once it was ripped through? Terri was chasing down those strange shadowy figures, getting her girlfriend back from them, and making them pay.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:18 AM   #668
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Myahoo- You're absolutely stunned. After all you've been through in your search for a Pidgey, you've finally found one. Finding one in a cave full of Delibird in the middle of a hailstorm wasn't exactly how you'd expect to find one, but it would be rude to look a gift Ponyta in the mouth. You slowly approach the Pidgey, the last thing you wanted to do now is startle it. Speaking softly and calmly, you introduce yourself and ask it whether it is doing okay. The Pidgey ruffles its feathers with a shiver, of course it was cold. It wasn't meant to be living in such a cold area like this, and while it had likely gotten somewhat used to it, it wouldn't be good for it in the long run. The Pidgey remains still as you stretch out a hand. As you get closer it tilts its head from side to side with curiosity. Eventually it leans forward and tickles your hands with its soft feathers. It remains like that for a few blissful seconds, before it spreads its wings and takes to the air.

You spin around on your feet, doing your best to keep your eye on the Pidgey as it circles around you. It calls out, as if it was issuing a challenge. The Delibirds pick up on this and shuffle backwards, creating a large enough space for you to challenge the Pidgey.

"See I told you it would want to fight", Jet smiles, "young Bird Pokemon tend to be like this, eager to prove themselves." Jet and his Pidgeot move back to give you some space as well, if you wanted this Pidgey, you'd have to prove yourself to it.



Missingno. Master- A blissful stroll had taken the worst possible turn. With Laugh kidnapped by a trio of malicious monsters, you act rashly. You release Zoom from her ball, you weren't going left or right, you were going straight through the Arceus damn hedge! You order the Furret to slash through the hedge and she quickly gets to work. Her razor sharp claws prune away at the hedge, but after every cut, the hedge simply grows back. Zoom tries and tries to no avail, her Slashes proving fruitless as the hedge continues to regenerate. Zoom soon begins to pant, however, seeing the fear in your eyes she continues.

It is then that two powerful tendrils burst through the hedge, slamming into Zoom and sending her flying backwards. The maze suddenly changes again, cutting off your option of left or right, but removing the hedge Zoom had tried so hard to slash through. In its place stands a rather grumpy looking Torterra, its bulky frame takes up the entire path, preventing any chance of slipping past without getting crushed into a fine paste. Where had this Torterra come from? It certainly wasn't one of the shadowy figures you saw, it was far too large. Either way, it wasn't letting you pass and it stood between you and the kidnapped Laugh. Zoom scrambles back to her feet and quickly dashes in front of you, sneering at the Grass type. It seems she didn't appreciate getting hit by surprise. With such a powerful opponent standing in your way, the question is, what would you do for love?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #669
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- A blissful stroll had taken the worst possible turn. With Laugh kidnapped by a trio of malicious monsters, you act rashly. You release Zoom from her ball, you weren't going left or right, you were going straight through the Arceus damn hedge! You order the Furret to slash through the hedge and she quickly gets to work. Her razor sharp claws prune away at the hedge, but after every cut, the hedge simply grows back. Zoom tries and tries to no avail, her Slashes proving fruitless as the hedge continues to regenerate. Zoom soon begins to pant, however, seeing the fear in your eyes she continues.

It is then that two powerful tendrils burst through the hedge, slamming into Zoom and sending her flying backwards. The maze suddenly changes again, cutting off your option of left or right, but removing the hedge Zoom had tried so hard to slash through. In its place stands a rather grumpy looking Torterra, its bulky frame takes up the entire path, preventing any chance of slipping past without getting crushed into a fine paste. Where had this Torterra come from? It certainly wasn't one of the shadowy figures you saw, it was far too large. Either way, it wasn't letting you pass and it stood between you and the kidnapped Laugh. Zoom scrambles back to her feet and quickly dashes in front of you, sneering at the Grass type. It seems she didn't appreciate getting hit by surprise. With such a powerful opponent standing in your way, the question is, what would you do for love?
Terri's mind whirled with worry. It had been naught but four or five months since fate had brought her and Laugh together, but now she couldn't imagine her life without her. Truly the fact that she was entrusting this to Zoom was a mark of the faith she had in that Furret, and here and now, Zoom was proving that aforementioned trust was... sadly misplaced? No- Zoom was capable, more than capable. An ordinary shrubbery would've been shredded by now, but this one was regenerating instantaneously, which served to frustrate the Furret and compound Terri's worry- every second this was going on, Laugh was surely being taken further away. Or possibly even worse, but Terri shuddered to even begin to picture that.

Zoom was tiring herself out on this fruitless endeavor, but one look at Terri, one look at the fear in her eyes, and Zoom knew she had to continue. Very clearly, something terrible had happened and they had to get through this damn thing at all costs. Which made it that much more infuriating when a pair of powerful tendrils blasted their way through the hedge and sent the Furret tumbling backwards. At the same time, the labyrinth changed up again. The offending shrubbery vanished, but the left and right passages closed up. But the way forward was not clear. At first, it almost looked as though there was a large hill ahead of them with a tree on the top, and in a sense, there was- it was all just contained on the back of the irate turtle what stood before them, just wide enough to completely bar their way. With great haste, Terri produced her Pokédex and pointed it at this unfamiliar newcomer.

"Torterra, the Continent Pokémon. A Grass and Ground-type," droned the device. "Groups of this Pokémon migrating in search of water have been mistaken for 'moving forests.' Some Pokémon are born on a Torterra's back and spend their entire life there."

Terri's first instinct was to send out her Ninetales, capitalize on that big type advantage. But thankfully, crazed panic hadn't quite taken over her whole mind, and she very quickly realized a few things, chief among them being that using Flamethrower on something that was taking up the entire width of the corridor of a hedge maze was probably a very bad idea. And second, had she learned nothing from that Aggron back in Cosmic Cavern? Just jumping into a battle against this Torterra might not even be necessary if Terri could just convince it to let them past. More to the point, this way might very well be faster than trying to take this thing down- a win-win situation!

"Torterra, please," Terri said, stepping forward. "Please let us pass. My girlfriend was taken, and whoever took her went that way," she said, pointing behind the Continent Pokémon. "Please, I... I'm so worried about her..." she pleaded with tears in her eyes. She even dug into her bag, pulling out a Yache Berry, and offered it to Torterra as a peace offering- surely something with such a pronounced Ice weakness would appreciate such a gift.

Zoom, on the other hand, wasn't so sure about this approach. As annoyed as she was with this gigantic friggin' turtle that landed a surprise attack on her, she had enough respect for Terri and her methods to let her try her way first. But if Torterra wasn't going to just let them pass, if it was going to insist on a fight, then by Arceus, Zoom would give it one! Already she was planning what she'd do if Torterra wanted to fight- power up with Coil, then have at it with Fury Cutter, just land as many blows with that as she could. Only if Terri's approach wasn't working, of course.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:13 PM   #670
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- You're absolutely stunned. After all you've been through in your search for a Pidgey, you've finally found one. Finding one in a cave full of Delibird in the middle of a hailstorm wasn't exactly how you'd expect to find one, but it would be rude to look a gift Ponyta in the mouth. You slowly approach the Pidgey, the last thing you wanted to do now is startle it. Speaking softly and calmly, you introduce yourself and ask it whether it is doing okay. The Pidgey ruffles its feathers with a shiver, of course it was cold. It wasn't meant to be living in such a cold area like this, and while it had likely gotten somewhat used to it, it wouldn't be good for it in the long run. The Pidgey remains still as you stretch out a hand. As you get closer it tilts its head from side to side with curiosity. Eventually it leans forward and tickles your hands with its soft feathers. It remains like that for a few blissful seconds, before it spreads its wings and takes to the air.

You spin around on your feet, doing your best to keep your eye on the Pidgey as it circles around you. It calls out, as if it was issuing a challenge. The Delibirds pick up on this and shuffle backwards, creating a large enough space for you to challenge the Pidgey.

"See I told you it would want to fight", Jet smiles, "young Bird Pokemon tend to be like this, eager to prove themselves." Jet and his Pidgeot move back to give you some space as well, if you wanted this Pidgey, you'd have to prove yourself to it.
The Pidgey shivered and Melissa nodded sympathetically. "Yeah, it's freezing here, huh? Good thing I've got a ton of Fire-types on call if you decide to come with me." Then, she practically held her breath as the baby inspected her hand before barely letting her scritch its head. A moment later, it spread its wings and took off, circling above her head and crying a challenge.

Shuffling near the ground caught her attention as the Delibird backed up, clearing a space for the battle.

"See? I told you it would want to fight." Jet smiled, as he and his Pidgeot followed the Delibird. "Young bird Pokémon tend to be like this, eager to prove themselves." As young pretty much anything did.

Now that she wasn't so focused on the Pidgey, Melissa glanced around and did a double-take upon spotting Wildfire nearby. "When did you come out?"

"Cyndaquil," he replied dryly. "Quil quil cyndaquil cynda quil?"

She huffed a laugh and dipped her head. Point granted. "I suppose not."

There was movement in the corner of her eye, closer to the ground than the Pidgey's circling, and Melissa turned back to see Fossil stepping forward to accept the Pidgey's challenge on their behalf. Without even waiting for her to gather her thoughts or say anything, he launched himself into the battle, planning to Focus his Energy before blasting the Pidgey with a Shock Wave and an Ice Beam. Time to see if training with his trainer's other Flying-types gave him an edge.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #671
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- As one obstacle cleared another appeared and now you had to find away around this Torterra. You're desperate desire to reunite with Laugh almost forces your hand, but you take a breath and think for a moment. You'd hastily attacked that Aggron in the Cosmic Caverns, perhaps you needed to give the Torterra a chance first? You dig a Yache Berry out of your bag, surely something that would relieve the Torterra of its biggest weakness would be a more than fair offering? Zoom was apprehensive however, she didn't trust the land turtle one bit. She curled up in a ball, coiling around herself in preparation for conflict.

You steadily reach out for with berry, pleading with the Torterra to let you pass so that you might reunite with your dearest of friends. The Grass type lunges forward, snapping the berry out of your hand, almost taking a finger or two with it. It makes quick worth of the offering, swallowing it in one go. You wait to see if the gift manages to pacify the beast, but instead you a knocked off your feet as the Torterra slams its feet into the earth, bulldozing the path. Zoom is shaken as well, slowing her movement as she uncoils with a snarl. The Furret attempts to close in on the Torterra, but the sheer power of the Bulldoze makes it hard for Zoom to close the gap. The Furret doesn't relent though, she keeps inching closer and closer to the Torterra, intent on cutting it to shreds. The Torterra seems to want to keep the Furret at a distance however, so it changes its approach. It rocks back and slams both front feet into the ground. The force of the impact causes rocks to shoot up out of the earth. Zoom is buried beneath the Rock Slide, you fear for the Furret's health. You can just manage to hear the ringing coming from beneath the rocks as Zoom attempts to free herself, but she seems to be having trouble breaking through. The Torterra seems to be acting strangely, but why?



Myahoo- It seemed Fossil has decided to take things into his own hands, small as they are. The Cranidos readily accepts the young Pidgey's offer of a battle, he was more than confident he could take it home with his type advantage. As Wildfire and yourself move to the side, the eager Fossil begins to Focus his Energy, with a bit of luck he'd land a critical hit and make quick work of the Flying Type. The Pidgey sees this as she circles around him and swoops in front on. A whip of her young but powerful wings kicks dirt up off the ground. The fine Sand gets in the eyes of the Cranidos, a clever attack that would make it even harder for the Cranidos to land a hit.

Fossil doesn't even break a sweat, he knows that with the right attack, accuracy wasn't an issue. The Rock type crackles with electricity as the Pidgey begins to circle him once more. With enough built up, Fossil lets loose, sending a Shock Wave of electricity out around himself. The Pidgey attempts to avoid but even her speed and dexterity aren't enough to get her out of the path of the attack. She squawks in pain as the wave of electricity reaches her, it was a devastating super effective hit. The Pidgey shakes it off, she'd been through worse than this and Fossil wasn't the only one with a trick or two. She whips her wings once more, only this time the wind carries a bitter cold, rather than blinding sand. Fossil grits his teeth as he feels his muscles tighten, he knows that the reduced speed would put him at a disadvantage. Looking to strike back with an Ice attack of his own, he fires an Ice Beam at the Pidgey. With reduced speed and accuracy, the Pidgey is given time to react at takes off with blistering speed. Fossil keeps up his attack, following the Pidgey with his Ice Beam but failing to catch the bird. With a Quick change of direction the Pidgey goes on the offensive, looping around the Ice Beam with startling grace. Surging forward she strikes Fossil in the chest, a resisted blow but it still stung. The Pidgey then returns to circling the Cranidos once more, it seems type advantage isn't everything?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:04 AM   #672
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- As one obstacle cleared another appeared and now you had to find away around this Torterra. You're desperate desire to reunite with Laugh almost forces your hand, but you take a breath and think for a moment. You'd hastily attacked that Aggron in the Cosmic Caverns, perhaps you needed to give the Torterra a chance first? You dig a Yache Berry out of your bag, surely something that would relieve the Torterra of its biggest weakness would be a more than fair offering? Zoom was apprehensive however, she didn't trust the land turtle one bit. She curled up in a ball, coiling around herself in preparation for conflict.

You steadily reach out for with berry, pleading with the Torterra to let you pass so that you might reunite with your dearest of friends. The Grass type lunges forward, snapping the berry out of your hand, almost taking a finger or two with it. It makes quick worth of the offering, swallowing it in one go. You wait to see if the gift manages to pacify the beast, but instead you a knocked off your feet as the Torterra slams its feet into the earth, bulldozing the path. Zoom is shaken as well, slowing her movement as she uncoils with a snarl. The Furret attempts to close in on the Torterra, but the sheer power of the Bulldoze makes it hard for Zoom to close the gap. The Furret doesn't relent though, she keeps inching closer and closer to the Torterra, intent on cutting it to shreds. The Torterra seems to want to keep the Furret at a distance however, so it changes its approach. It rocks back and slams both front feet into the ground. The force of the impact causes rocks to shoot up out of the earth. Zoom is buried beneath the Rock Slide, you fear for the Furret's health. You can just manage to hear the ringing coming from beneath the rocks as Zoom attempts to free herself, but she seems to be having trouble breaking through. The Torterra seems to be acting strangely, but why?
Torterra was quick to snap up the Yache Berry, and for a moment, Terri thought she had made the right choice. But then, Torterra slammed its feet into the ground in a powerful Bulldoze! Terri was knocked right off her feet, and even as she got back up, Zoom uncoiled with a snarl. She was right, this Torterra couldn't be trusted! She lunged forward, but the Bulldoze had slowed her down, and Torterra had ample time to bury the Furret in a Rock Slide.

Terri was worried, fearful that Zoom was hurt, though she could very faintly hear the Furret attempting to break free. From the sound of things, however, Zoom was having trouble with it. "Zoom, ignore the rocks- use Dig to get free!" Terri called into the heap of rocks. Surely Zoom would have an easier time of it tunneling through the ground than trying to break through the rocks. "But return to my side- do not keep attacking!"

And with that established, Terri turned to face the Torterra. A battle seemed imminent, if not technically underway already, but was it the right way to proceed? Torterra seemed to be acting strangely, Terri just didn't know why. Of course, worrying about Laugh wasn't exactly helping here- every second Terri spent pondering this was a second she could've used to try and catch up to her girlfriend's kidnappers-

The kidnappers. Those freaky dark specters that carried Laugh away. Of course- they had to be what got Torterra so freaked out! They had to have just gone past where Torterra was, if not having gone right through it! The cause of this infamous darkness what that marred an otherwise lovely hedge maze- if this peaceful, tranquil life was all this Torterra knew, then surely such a change would leave it wary and rattled!

"Torterra, please, listen to me!" Terri called to the Grass/Ground-type. "I know- those three specters, they've gotten you all worked up, haven't they? I'm not with them, I have nothing to do with them. They're the ones who took my girlfriend in the first place- that's why I need to get past, so I can catch up to them, rescue my girlfriend, and make them pay for what they did!"

Zoom, meanwhile, continued to be of the opinion that a pacifistic approach was the wrong call to make here, taking Torterra's aggressive response as proof. But, again, if Terri insisted on being this persistent with it, then the Furret would give it a chance. Only for Terri would Zoom show such restraint. Once she got free, she'd monitor Torterra carefully, see how it would respond to Terri's words. But, if it did no good, Zoom would move ahead with her theory- she was willing to bet that Torterra's strange behavior had more to do with hypnotic influence of some sort from those specters, that it was made to act as a roadblock to Terri. This would also explain its reluctance to allow Zoom to even get close- Torterra were far too physically formidable to be seriously frightened of her. This reluctance would make more sense as a means to prevent a sharp impact that could snap Torterra out of the trance. If Torterra was unmoved by Terri's words, Zoom intended to close the gap, this time by using Agility, and snap Torterra out of it with an Aqua Tail right to the head.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #673
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- It seemed Fossil has decided to take things into his own hands, small as they are. The Cranidos readily accepts the young Pidgey's offer of a battle, he was more than confident he could take it home with his type advantage. As Wildfire and yourself move to the side, the eager Fossil begins to Focus his Energy, with a bit of luck he'd land a critical hit and make quick work of the Flying Type. The Pidgey sees this as she circles around him and swoops in front on. A whip of her young but powerful wings kicks dirt up off the ground. The fine Sand gets in the eyes of the Cranidos, a clever attack that would make it even harder for the Cranidos to land a hit.

Fossil doesn't even break a sweat, he knows that with the right attack, accuracy wasn't an issue. The Rock type crackles with electricity as the Pidgey begins to circle him once more. With enough built up, Fossil lets loose, sending a Shock Wave of electricity out around himself. The Pidgey attempts to avoid but even her speed and dexterity aren't enough to get her out of the path of the attack. She squawks in pain as the wave of electricity reaches her, it was a devastating super effective hit. The Pidgey shakes it off, she'd been through worse than this and Fossil wasn't the only one with a trick or two. She whips her wings once more, only this time the wind carries a bitter cold, rather than blinding sand. Fossil grits his teeth as he feels his muscles tighten, he knows that the reduced speed would put him at a disadvantage. Looking to strike back with an Ice attack of his own, he fires an Ice Beam at the Pidgey. With reduced speed and accuracy, the Pidgey is given time to react at takes off with blistering speed. Fossil keeps up his attack, following the Pidgey with his Ice Beam but failing to catch the bird. With a Quick change of direction the Pidgey goes on the offensive, looping around the Ice Beam with startling grace. Surging forward she strikes Fossil in the chest, a resisted blow but it still stung. The Pidgey then returns to circling the Cranidos once more, it seems type advantage isn't everything?
Fossil shook his head and took several steps back as the Sand Attack hit, snorting and blinking at the debris. Turning his gaze back up to his opponent, he built up a Shock Wave and then loosed it, the electricity zeroing in on the Pidgey despite its best efforts to evade. It squawked in pain, but quickly shook it off, wheeling around to whip up a bitterly cold wind. Melissa hastily scooped up her starter in response and hugged him, to his visible amusement, while Fossil merely lowered his head and braced himself.

The moment the wind died down, he fired off an Ice Beam, but between the chill and his watering eyes, the Pidgey handily dodged the initial shot. He followed after it in an attempt to catch it in the beam, but it weaved and slipped around until it could loop back and ram him in the chest. Fossil cut his Ice Beam off with a grunt, taking several steps back to keep his feet as the Pidgey pulled back to resume its circling.

With a considering eye, Fossil decided he needed a bit more speed to keep up with the bird. Rock Polish then would work for that and maybe a Flamethrower to hopefully mess with its lift. A Stone Edge or two likely couldn't go wrong either.

"Has he actually said anything?" Melissa muttered to Wildfire, where she stood watching the battle.

Wildfire shook his head. "Cyndaquil quil quil cynda."

"Do you think he remembers that I can suggest things too?"

Wildfire shrugged before dryly pointing out, "Cyn da quil."

"Well, I...guess I'll just jump in if he looks like he's getting frustrated?" Melissa said dubiously.

Wildfire shrugged again. "Quil quil cyndaquil? Cynda cyndaquil quil cynda."

"True."
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #674
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Missingno. Master- With Zoom buried beneath a pile of rocks, you think quickly, instructing her to Dig her way out. It only takes a few moments, the ground is nice and soft, easy to dig through. Zoom pops out of the ground next to you, you can read it on her face, she isn't happy you called her back. The Torterra had attacked both of you, even after you tried to broker a peace, in her eyes it deserved to pay. Having had time to think on it, you decide that the figures who kidnapped Laugh must have angered the Torterra as well. It was the only thing that made sense! If you shared a common enemy, that it only made sense that you'd want the same thing, to put a stop to the mysterious figures!

As you speak to the Torterra it starts to chuckle, a strange response given the emotions in your words. The chuckling even seems out of sorts for a Pokemon like Torterra, something was off here. Zoom seems almost certain at this point that the Torterra is not to be trusted, so she takes it upon herself to attack once more. She streaks forward, quickly closing the gap between herself and the Torterra. The tree on the beast's back lights up as it launches a Razor Leaf, but Zoom continues to dodge and weave as water begins to gather around her tail. She zips between the Torterra's back legs, sprinting beneath its belly in a split second. She skids around as she reappears from under the Torterra before quickly leaping into the air, swinging her tail around with tremendous force. The large volume of water she has collected seems to break through the Torterra, shattering the Pokemon into a million pieces. A the glittering pieces disintegrate, the real threat reveals itself. A chuckling Phantump descends from above, it had been behind the entire rouse. It sticks out its tongue, blowing a raspberry at you and Zoom before it turns and floats off, heading down the path as fast as it can. Zoom looks back at you, eager to pursue, but was this the path you wanted to take?




Myahoo- The Pidgey had proven itself at worthy opponent, despite its relative young age and rough upbringing. It was trying to get Fossil unsettled, but the Cranidos was hard headed and intent on bringing it down. He dashes over to the wall of the cavern and begins to grind against it, polishing his rocky hide, making himself faster and more streamlined. The Pidgey sends a Gust of wind towards Fossil, but the Rock type shrugs it off like its nothing. Displeased, the Pidgey begins to circle once more, trying to make itself harder for the Cranidos to hit. But the crafty Cranidos has a trick up his sleeve. His mouth snaps open and he spews forth a tongue of blistering flame. He follows the Pidgey with the Flamethrower, managing to occasionally get a hit on it before it rolls or dives out of the way. However his plan soon becomes apparent, as the Pidgey's flight begins to look unsteady. The heat from the flame had created warm pockets of air in the otherwise cold cavern, something the Pidgey wasn't prepared for.

With the Pidgey unsettled, Fossil takes the opportunity before it disappears. He launches a barrage of stones at the Flying type, their sharp edges deal a devastating blow to the Pidgey. Fossil is unrelenting, he prepares to attack again, he knows the Pidgey can only handle one more hit like that. He launches another barrage of stones, but this time, the Pidgey is prepared. It whips its wings once more, however this time it is more than a mere gust, the powerful wind quickly develops into a twister! The stones are drawn into the swirling tower, which begins to move towards Fossil. The Cranidos is battered by both the Twister and the stones he added to it, one of which hits him in the chest and sends him tumbling backwards. He rights himself as the twister disappears, his body hurts but he won't give in. Victory was within his grasp, he just needed one more good hit....
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #675
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With Zoom buried beneath a pile of rocks, you think quickly, instructing her to Dig her way out. It only takes a few moments, the ground is nice and soft, easy to dig through. Zoom pops out of the ground next to you, you can read it on her face, she isn't happy you called her back. The Torterra had attacked both of you, even after you tried to broker a peace, in her eyes it deserved to pay. Having had time to think on it, you decide that the figures who kidnapped Laugh must have angered the Torterra as well. It was the only thing that made sense! If you shared a common enemy, that it only made sense that you'd want the same thing, to put a stop to the mysterious figures!

As you speak to the Torterra it starts to chuckle, a strange response given the emotions in your words. The chuckling even seems out of sorts for a Pokemon like Torterra, something was off here. Zoom seems almost certain at this point that the Torterra is not to be trusted, so she takes it upon herself to attack once more. She streaks forward, quickly closing the gap between herself and the Torterra. The tree on the beast's back lights up as it launches a Razor Leaf, but Zoom continues to dodge and weave as water begins to gather around her tail. She zips between the Torterra's back legs, sprinting beneath its belly in a split second. She skids around as she reappears from under the Torterra before quickly leaping into the air, swinging her tail around with tremendous force. The large volume of water she has collected seems to break through the Torterra, shattering the Pokemon into a million pieces. A the glittering pieces disintegrate, the real threat reveals itself. A chuckling Phantump descends from above, it had been behind the entire rouse. It sticks out its tongue, blowing a raspberry at you and Zoom before it turns and floats off, heading down the path as fast as it can. Zoom looks back at you, eager to pursue, but was this the path you wanted to take?
Zoom was able to Dig her way out of the rock pile fairly easily, though from the look on her face, she wasn't pleased that she'd been called back. And Terri knew it, though right now, she simply had to try this approach.

...except said approach did not seem to achieve the results Terri was hoping for. Torterra started to chuckle, in and of itself an unusual response to such an emotional appeal, but also just a strange response from a Torterra just in general. Zoom's eyes narrowed- her distrust in the Continent Pokémon was further growing, and heedless of any sort of protest on Terri's part, the Furret landed a powerful Aqua Tail that... shattered the Torterra into a million pieces?!

Terri blinked in surprise. "...It was an illusion?" she murmured. "What-" But then, she saw exactly what. And heard it, too- the chuckling of a Phantump that descended down onto the scene. It blew a raspberry at Terri and Zoom both before floating down the path at top speed.

"Why that little- the nerve of that overgrown toothpick, making a mockery of- I oughta-" spluttered Zoom. "I'm gonna rip that thing apart and gather its remains for firewood! Terri, we're going after it, ri-"

Zoom, however, stopped speaking completely upon, and because of, seeing the look on Terri's face. Now, Terri Alph was, albeit decidedly odd, nevertheless a sweet and pleasant person, pretty much constantly cheerful in demeanor, and seemingly nothing could anger her. Seemingly, as Zoom was realizing here and now- in what was most definitely a first for the Furret, she could see that Terri was pissed. Her normally calm, vaguely mysterious expression was now livid, contorted into a terrifying scowl that could make a Mega Gallade flinch, and she positively radiated an air of white-hot fury.

"...We go and get Laugh back first," Terri hissed, seething in barely-controlled rage. "That Phantump tricked us, made fools of us both, but it also cost us time, time we could have used pursuing the kidnappers. If the opportunity arises, none of this will go unpunished," she promised the Furret. "But first and foremost. We get Laugh back. And we show her kidnappers exactly how badly they fucked up. Are you with me?"

The Furret was momentarily speechless. This was a side of her Trainer she never could've guessed existed, right down to the extraordinarily uncharacteristic use of the F-bomb. And certainly, Zoom could understand and identify with such anger. The Phantump's antics still stung, but she realized just how much that paled in comparison with how badly Terri had been wronged here. The Furret met Terri's wild, furious look with a reassuring grin. "All the way," she confirmed.

Terri gave a nod in response, and with that, she and Zoom were off down the path, not in pursuit of Phantump, but in pursuit of the specters that swiped Laugh. The Phantump was surely a diversion, and the way Terri was feeling right now, if that Phantump had the slightest shred of self-preservation instinct, it would stay far, far away from the young Trainer.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.