UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 04-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #201
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (yes thats really what it says on the box)
After feeling burnt by FFT & especially FFVIII way back forevers ago I passed on FFX an pretty much all other FFs until I tried again with a couple 'o GBA re-releases an those didn't fair well neither! Why go ahead an try these now? Cause I've seen lotsa things about 'em that seem fun an interesting ('specially X-2). Like how the battle system don't seem like complete "wtf do I do" insanity! I'm partially spoiled going into these but not super heavily so. Hope future soccer & lightning dodging aren't as painful as people always make 'em out ta be!

Total Spent (2014): $33.79

Last edited by Lindz; 04-18-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #202
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Beat: Half Life 2: Episodes One and Two (10 hours)

Now I see why people want Half Life 3 so bad.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:35 AM   #203
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Have you beaten NBA 2k14 yet, Tdos?
Old 04-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #204
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
.hack//Mutation
- 11 hours, 33 minutes, 50 seconds
Even with more characters, story, bosses, an tougher baddies this one still somehow ended up being abit shorter then the first game! I mighta rushed more or played better which may account for the time difference. Either way its an improvement over the first one even though they play the same!

Total Playtime: 200:43:25
Old 04-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #205
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Have you beaten NBA 2k14 yet, Tdos?
Not yet. I wanna get the MVP before I think about no longer playing this awful game.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #206
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Beat (kinda):

Atelier Escha & Logy
I say kinda, because I did everything I could think of, but I wasn't willing to wait the 200 days to get to the ending. Storywise and character wise, this is the worst Atelier game I've played. There's hardly any memorable characters except for Logy, and the main story doesn't even progress. You get little hints here and there, but it leaves the story for the next game to finish. Gameplay wise, it's better than the others. Synthesis is the same as I remember from Ayesha, but with a party of 6, combat is a bit more interesting (of course, once you get the ultimate items, you don't need any more than 3 members). I wouldn't call this game a real letdown, since I still enjoyed playing it, but it's a step down from the other games (though I can't really call any of them great). Also this game suffers from having no unique enemies. After playing Xillia, copypasting enemies has started getting to me.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:54 AM   #207
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Beat:

Tales of Symphonia (PS3 edition)
I remember this being a really good game when I first played it, but I was still fairly new to JRPGs when I played, so of course it was likely just my inexperience calling it good. Thankfully it wasn't my inexperience! It's still a good game to me. It's infinitely better than Xillia! The characters are very well developed (especially Sheena, if you know what I mean!), all with very good back stories. I really liked Lloyd's growth throughout the game. The plot itself is a little messy, but still nice. One thing that bothered me was the sheer amount of half-elves. You have like an entire army of half-elves, but only a small village of elves. Those numbers don't add up! Also after a while, I got kind of tired of the game and just wanted to get it over with. I guess I can't JRPG it up like I used to!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #208
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Beat: Dragon's Dogma

I've had this game for quite a while now, but I mostly kept pushing it aside. I think I got too caught up in trying to get a lot of money to buy stuff I ended up just sitting around and farming for stuff I wanted to buy and didn't really play the game.

Recently I decided to just sit down and play it. I had forgotten why it was kind of cool.

The game is designed to basically give you giant boss battles. You're a human fighting humungous creatures from Ogres (3 times taller than a human) to Cyclops (easily 6-8 times taller than a human) to the final boss Dragon which is pretty much dinosaur. You fight in a somewhat Shadow of the Colossus-esque climb and slash/stab way, typically targeting weak spots when possible. The giant monsters also have very unique behavior so you need to know the signs to properly defend against their attacks or use their elemental weakness against them.

In addition, monsters have certain "break points" where if you attack them there, you could potentially change their behavior and might get a rare item to drop. For example, when fighting the Chimera, if you cut off the Snake tail, you prevent the Snake from guarding the other two heads and you could get a Freakish Scale. When you kill the Goats head, you prevent the Chimera from casting spells and have a chance at a Freakish Horn. And when you kill the Lion, the Chimera is less likely to pounce on you and get a chance to get the Freakish Mane.

Aside from this, the game is very Medieval Fantasy (humans only though). You not only have your main hero, but also a slave minion called a Pawn. They're soulless so it's okay. =3=

Both you and your Pawn are fully customizable in both appearance, voice, class, skills and abilities, armor, weapons, and so forth. And if you play online, people can hire your Pawn like a mercenary and all the experience they collect are instead given as Rift Crystals (special type of currency) as well as learning behavior of monsters and how to do quests.

The game definitely has bad points though. For example, the ending of the game basically has you committing suicide.... Yeah... pretty grim. Also, the game isn't perfectly well paced. There were a lot of early quests which were nearly impossible to do unless you knew how to trick a monster to jumping down a cliff (and killing themselves).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #209
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Get: Kirby Triple Deluxe

I've had this game since Sunday, and I've been forcing myself to only complete 1 world a day so I don't completely blow through the game in one go. I'm loving the new power ups too!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #210
Heather
Naga's Voice

Kirby Triple Deluxe? I've not heard of this. Is it for 3DS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #211
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Yeah, it just came out.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #212
Heather
Naga's Voice

Hm. Interesting.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #213
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
Phantasy Star Portable
- 7 hours, 52 minutes, 13 seconds
This games got a cool feature. You can make a copy of your character in a different save slot and play through the story mode again with them. Weapons/Skills dun carry over but your level does! Replaying this at L100 from the start made it a cakewalk an super short! Which I am cool with cause it led to a fun run! The story while shorter an less epic then PSU was leagues better as is the gameplay!

Final Fantasy X HD Remastered
- 41 hours, 46 minutes, 32 seconds
Stop the presses, we finally got a main FF game not called VII that I enjoyed! Not counting the final boss. That was one painful battle and a crappy battle theme song ontop of it >_<! Sure the game could be called Corridor Simulator 2001 but hey I liked Glory of Heracles so super linear rpgs aren't necessarily bad in my book. I liked the cloister puzzles and coulda really gone for a few more of them. Bosses all needing some thought/strategy was not a bad thing even though I do like "mindless mashing" rpg fights to. Thought the story turned out pretty interesting even if the undeveloped characters were not the most interesting. What weirded me out to the very end however was the lack of proper level ups... heck characters don't even have levels! No cheery level up jingle, no numbers... no exp even, its just ap! That's craziness!

Total Playtime: 250:22:10
Old 05-09-2014, 01:14 PM   #214
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Old game time. Play fe6. OR AW Days of ruin.

"Meteor Jam!"

Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #215
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

... Those games are old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #216
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Advance Wars isn't old in the slightest, since it only came out in 2008, but Fire Emblem 6 came out in 2002. It's as old as a pre teen now.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #217
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Advance Wars is six years old.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #218
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Snagged this for $30 instead of the $35 most places are asking! Hooray for savings. Hooray for finally trying a "standard" Kirby game for that matter! Amazing Mirror, Canvas Curse, Mass Attack aren't exactly the usual Kirby gameplay fair from what I've heard!

- Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi
A localized console release of a visual novel?! Handhelds were getting 'em but this is a whole new world! An since I liked the previous two Hakuoki games I had lil trouble supporting this one! No discount unless ya count that I got the regular edition $40 instead of the super sweet $60 limited edition >.<

Total Spent (2014): $107.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machamp-X View Post
Old game time. Play fe6. OR AW Days of ruin.
Days of Ruin gots downloadable maps. If you're into it, grab 'em while ya can! ~10 days left before shutdown.

Last edited by Lindz; 05-10-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #219
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
- 13 hours, 27 minutes
Best Metal Gear games still the best! Its all downhill from this one! I think I did pretty well by my own standards even though I played on very easy difficuilty! Not to many alerts/deaths caused by me being plainly bad, just clumsy! Like I am final able ta hold guards up now! Big Shell's a pretty cool setting and the Tankers not half bad either. I just wish there were tranquilzing versions of each weapon cause I prefer not to kill, so I'm pretty much using the M9 the whole game while stuff like the grenade launcher rust away in my pockets ;.;

Kirby: Triple Deluxe
- 8 hours, 50 minutes
This game and DKCR:3D are proof 2D Platformers can have lotsa life left in 'em as a genre! There was a ton of clever fore/background stuff going on in this game! The only stale moments to be found may just be the mini-boss fights cause theres only so many of 'em an they do get reused. Fave powerups were Leaf/Bell/Circus Kirby's for they were super cute and highly effective! If this is what traditional games in the series are like then I approve!

Total Playtime: 272:39:10
Old 05-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #220
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Get!
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Snagged this for $30 instead of the $35 most places are asking! Hooray for savings. Hooray for finally trying a "standard" Kirby game for that matter! Amazing Mirror, Canvas Curse, Mass Attack aren't exactly the usual Kirby gameplay fair from what I've heard!
Funny you say that, Amazing Mirror was my first Kirby game. Still cant re-find that grape spray can though. I'd gotten it once then lost that GBA SP with the game inside it. New set, still haven't found it again. Canvas Curse...egh. There are more medals in the game without using the minigames to buy out the whole Medal Swap and still have leftovers, and i just find the game as it is kinda lackluster. Mass Attack I have yet to play.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #221
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Got for Free:
Saints Row the Third
- I actually got a bit motion sick from the beginning of the game. Otherwise I haven't really played much. I do know my character's face in the char creation screen ended up looking worse in-game (mostly when talking and such, which I didn't expect my char to do so much of).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #222
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Playing:

Tales of Xillia:
I just faced one of the most difficult boss fights I have ever had to try and do in a Tales game, and I felt so satisfied when I finally beat the Chimeriad. I have now entered what I presume to be the game's 3rd act, and dear lord the animation scenes were just beautifully animated. I am seriously enjoying playing this game, and will be looking forward to Xillia 2.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:46 AM   #223
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Get: Trine

Went over to a friends last night. The three of us ended up playing this for like four hours and it was great, so I bought it from Steam.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:06 AM   #224
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Beat:
Tales of Xillia:
So finally beat this game, and I loved the experience. But I did have some complaints about it. Probably the biggest one was that the Lilium Orb only gave like 2-3 GP after Lv 50, which made it a chore to gain skills. The other thing that bothered me was that the last act was rushed, which is due to the game being rushed out for the Tales' anniversary. But I still enjoyed the game, and am seriously looking forward to playing the sequel in August.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #225
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Get: XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within + extra DLC in the complete set
There was a Steam sale for it, okay!? And watching my good friend do a Let's Play of it in Classic Ironman mode, plus regularly stream games of it in Impossible Ironman mode, simply drew me in to greatness. Oh yeah, if you're interested in said friend of mine's playthrough, here you go.

#shameless plug

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games