UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 08-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

PSA: World's 2016 CLOSED to the General Public

If anyone was considering going to Pokemon World's 2016 in San Francisco next weekend, you're out of luck.

Quote:
Due to limited venue capacity and overwhelming demand, the 2016 Pokémon World Championships will be closed to the general public in the interest of providing the best possible event experience to our qualified players and their families. While the event has been open to the public in years past, only invited players and their families will be permitted to enter the venue this year, and everyone must have an official event badge.

Full article here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...championships/
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
deoxys
Fog Badge

I personally know three people who bought their plane tickets to this within the past few months. To wait until the week before to tell anyone this is absurd.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

It's not dumb that they want to close the event, I assume that they have a very good reason because the World Championships is such a big event for Pokemon fans that it would be in PTC's best interests to keep it open if possible.

The late notice is almost completely insane. There really isn't an excuse for this unless there was a serious threat to people's lives if they kept it open, which there wasn't (as far as I know)
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
It's not dumb that they want to close the event, I assume that they have a very good reason because the World Championships is such a big event for Pokemon fans that it would be in PTC's best interests to keep it open if possible.

The late notice is almost completely insane. There really isn't an excuse for this unless there was a serious threat to people's lives if they kept it open, which there wasn't (as far as I know)
This is basically the thing. It's disappointing they want to close it off to the public after it's been open for years, but it's not dumb. It is dumb, however, to wait until THE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT.

This takes a big shit on a lot of people's plans.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
Heather
Naga's Voice

"Taking a big shit on people" seems to be exactly what TPC wants to do with VGCs these days, especially considering their decision to force Australians to fly to Japan for Continentals next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News