UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 10-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Youtube Videos & Channels

(If there is a thread similar to this that I've missed please delete this thread, and apologies)

Considering that we're all either Anime Nerds, Pokemon Nerds, or just Nerds in general, the transition from the online world to the real one is hard for us. Keeping us glued to our computer screens is the corrupt, safe harbours protected social media platform known as Youtube, where I'm quite sure that most of us spend a lot of our time 'snacking' on videos to satiate our endless quest to suppress our boredom. Yes, snacking is an actual term to define how much time we spend watching something online. Anyway, a lot of people use this system to create their own content, and feed off of our views and likes to become filthy rich, and I wanted to create this thread to share what our favourite channels are, and to share new videos so that we may continue munching away.

I'll start with a few channels I keep up with:

Casually Explained:
Casually Explained has been blowing up recently, and rightly so. The whole premise of this channel is essentially to explain things from the perspective of an average bedroom dweller. It's relatable in the sense that he picks out his own flaws and uses them for some great satirical humour, with a monotonal delivery and an 'MS Paint' artstyle that screams 'I even failed at stick figures.' Love all of his videos, particularly 'The Club' and 'French'.

I Hate Everything (IHE):
I've followed IHE for a while along with the likes of GradeA and Leafy, and whilst those two channels have leaned towards the 'Youtube Big Brother house style Drama', IHE has largely remained clear of it, and poking fun at the fact that everyone is getting involved with it. Outside of that, his 'I hate ____' series is incredibly, following the same kind of Monotonal delivery that Casually Explained merits from, whilst adding typical British satire and humour to the whole thing. He also does reviews of the bottom 100 films listed on imdb, following a very similar format to his I Hate series, and that too is incredibly funny and enjoyable to watch.

Jonathon Pie:
Satire again, but this time political. Jonathon Pie is a character created by Tom Walker, an actor. He plays the role of a news reporter either after a finished report, or during a cut, and his conversations with the studio director who goes by the name of Tim. The conversations are always picking at an aspect of current British politics, from a left-wing stand point, and quite frankly he has more insight into the political game than a lot of politicians do. One of his recent videos where he interviews a young conservative details an incredibly awkward situation between 2 people of wildly different political views. It's hilarious. He's funny, he hates tories, and he really knows his politics. What more can you ask for!

GradeAUnderA:
Although he leans towards the 'drama' on youtube, his other videos are still an entertaining watch. Everyone knows him from the 'Girly Drinks and Manly Drinks' video he made 3 years back, but he's fast taken youtube by storm with over 3 million subscribers. Steer clear of anything with Keemstar in the title and all is good with this guys videos.

Videogamedunkey:
I'm fairly sure most people know of videogamedunkey, but if not, he was originally a League of Legends youtuber, where he got most of his fanbase from. After he quit the game however, his content only got 1000x better. It's hard to explain why he's so funny, but he just is. Seriously it's so hard to put into words why he's so likeable and funny. His editing style, his accent, the situations he gets into in games, I'm not sure. He has me in stitches every time I watch though, and he's my go-to gaming youtuber.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
Connor
Flashbacker

Going to throw Northernlion into the mix. He's a gaming Youtuber, but the main draw for me personally is his commentary. He's pretty affable as a guy in general, and he's managed to create himself something of a group of friends who actively play with him. There's some immaturity to it which I figure tends to be irremovable from these kinds of Youtubers, but as a general rule of thumb his content is aimed more towards folk of our age, late teens/early 20s, so he's actually a pretty chill watch. His channel's main stay is Binding of Isaac, which he is pretty bloody good at, but he has numerous little mini series he runs now and then alongside it. Notable ones you should consider watching are Enter the Gungeon, Dark Souls III, and anything which is run with the "Tournament of Shame" crew, who all have individually strong channels in their own right. There's too many to list and link, but among them are LastGreyWolf (Austin), who is probably the most technically gifted of the bunch when it comes to games, AlpacaPatrol, RockLeeSmile, BaerTaffy.

Also the Ultimate Chicken Horse series he's running with them right now is fucking gold dust.

Also going to strongly recommend Dunkey and Grade from George's list. Both exceptional.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Northernlion is a good shout. Also putting a word in for TFSGaming - it's the guys behind DBZ Abridged, for those familiar. Working my way slowly through their SoulSilver Nuzlocke at the moment and it's pretty great, if occasionally frustrating in that they aren't very good (and abuse healing in battle a lot) but they're entertaining people so.

EDIT the first: Mark Brown is a video game design channel which is also well worth a visit if you have any interest in that kind of thing, which I suspect many of you do.

Last edited by Concept; 10-16-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
A Dose of Buckley is one of my personal favorites, mainly because he just rips the shit out of society.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
TheRPGMinx, funny youtuber who covers a lot of horror games as well as shitty games she makes fun of. She's not afraid to be mean and it's great. In spite of her massive sub count she actually has very few viewers unfortunately....

Last edited by Zelphon; 10-16-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Da link
Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
A Dose of Buckley is one of my personal favorites, mainly because he just rips the shit out of society.
Like this guys content already, reminds me of another, smaller youtuber who does things a little more professionally and 'Radio 4' like, but I'll mention him at the end of the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
TheRPGMinx, funny youtuber who covers a lot of horror games as well as shitty games she makes fun of. She's not afraid to be mean and it's great. In spite of her massive sub count she actually has very few viewers unfortunately....
I think I'd be more into her content if her voice wasn't so unbearable. She's featured on other peoples videos like SeaNanners and GassyMexican in things like Prop Hunt and Hide and Seek, and I've always thought the ones with her in weren't as funny as the ones without. Then again, the ones without the usual crowd in (SeaNanners, GassyMexican, Chilled Chaos, EatMyDiction1, AllShamNoWow, Sp00n, Hutch, Sark) are never as entertaining.

Anyway, here's a few more that I enjoy.

iDubbbzTV:
iDubbbz is the exception to my 'steering clear of YT Drama', purely due to the fact that he really is the police of youtube. His content cop series focus' on picking apart other peoples channels and ripping them so hard they'll double-take on their life choices, and nobody dare respond to them because he's too smart to get beaten back. Luckily, the people he content cops deserve it in the first place, so there's that. He also makes unboxing videos, and whilst that sounds rubbish on the face of it, he makes them into something else entirely. He's basically entertaining in the rawest 'I don't care about you or anyone else I just want to make funny shit' kind of way. Recommend one of his recent unboxings, 'I hate Swedes' if you don't mind seeing a little thow-up.

Potholer54:
This is the youtube channel I can relate to A Dose of Buckley. Except Potholer mainly focus' on taking christian science arguments and debunking them with raw facts and topping it off with a Radio 4 style delivery. He's very witty, very funny, and incredibly smart. A lot of his earlier videos focused on carbon dating and geology focused topics, which initially reeled me in, and I've kept up with him ever since. I've learned a good number of things from his videos as well, and his incredibly rational approach to arguments and debate is very respectful. I recommend his video 'How to Argue with Assholes', and I seriously recommend watching more of his content.

CinemaSins:
Okay I'm sure everyone who uses youtube has seen an episode of CinemaSins before, and if you haven't, what have you been wasting on your time on that isn't CinemaSins? Regardless of whether you love a film and you think it's perfect in every way, it'll have flaws. The great thing about CinemaSins is that you don't feel offended to see your favourite film getting ripped to shit. Often time I'll just be like 'Huh... Never noticed that...', and other times I'll be in hysterics from some of the witty one liners he cracks out. The best videos are where he rips into a notoriously bad film, particularly the Two-Part episode on 'Transformers: Age of Extinction', which we all know is a piece of shit.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 10-16-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #7
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'm so glad someone finally made this thread. I've been meaning to for a while.

My main channels are (and maybe this speaks volumes about me as a person)

h3h3productions
FilthyFrank
videogamedunkey
TotalBiscuit
Jesse Cox
Dodger/dexbonus/presshearttocontinue
JonTron
Good Mythical Morning
iDubbbz (occasionally... he's a bit too much sometimes)
Sky Williams
LinusTechTips
Northernlion

...& a shit ton of ASMR (yeah)
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #8
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

So is this supposed to be for what youtube channels we watch, or recommend, or what? lol.

Going to list off a few I watch consistently, or in some cases, used to.

SeaNanners: Pretty funny dude, does a variety of gaming content with other people, like Chilled Chaos. Mostly Garry's Mod and the such though.

Dyrus: Solid dude, does twitch streaming and youtube videos for league. Really fucking chill, mellow dude. Solid for wrapping up the day with as you're trying to sleep.

LeeandLie: Puts out fantastic English covers of anime and video game themes. Her voice is quite pleasing to the ears.

Lyle McDouchebag: Doesn't put out content often, but when he does, it's usually hilarious, albeit inappropriate shit.

Miror: Miror's youtube channel. He doesn't upload fucking at all anymore, but let's all take a moment to chuckle at our fair LO's informative and shortly lived channel.

Naked Eli: Fantastic Halo Speedrunner. Unfortunately due to a lack of motivation, and the fact that Microsoft flat out cucked him after years of good terms, he no longer uploads. Still worth checking out his videos, though.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:12 AM   #9
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
So is this supposed to be for what youtube channels we watch, or recommend, or what? lol.
All of the above really. It's just a place to share videos, channels, and anything to do with youtube I suppose. Wanna share a particular video you like? Sure. Wanna gossip about youtubers like celebrities in heat magazine? Go ahead. Wanna talk about how much everyone hates Keemstar? By all means.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #10
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Wanna talk about how much everyone hates Keemstar? By all means.
Petition to auto-replace the word 'Keemstar' with 'Fuckass' any time it's posted
Old 10-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #11
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
PBS Space Time for life. The best scientific channel on youtube.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:08 AM   #12
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Petition to auto-replace the word 'Keemstar' with 'Fuckass' any time it's posted
Who's [fuckass]?
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:48 AM   #13
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeet View Post
PBS Space Time for life. The best scientific channel on youtube.
Definitely gonna be checking this one out. I also really like Hank Green's SciShow.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:32 PM   #14
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
Who's [fuckass]?
He's a youtuber who reports the 'news' on youtube, that is, Heat Magazine kind of news. He's also a manchild who can't take criticism, a shit-stirrer, a racist, and the kind of person to try and ruin another youtubers career all for the sake of views (although he's very much been on the receiving end of that as of recent).

*turns of bias chip*

He's some youtuber who reports the 'News'.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 10-17-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #15
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
He's a youtuber who reports the 'news' on youtube, that is, Heat Magazine kind of news. He's also a manchild who can't take criticism, a shit-stirrer, a racist, and the kind of person to try and ruin another youtubers career all for the sake of views (although he's very much been on the receiving end of that as of recent).

*turns of bias chip*

He's some youtuber who reports the 'News'.
He's a shit-stirrer. When he has no """"""news"""""" to report, he tries to make himself, either by getting into flamewars on twitter, or spreading rumors about people based off of little to no information.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:12 PM   #16
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Keemstar is to Youtube 'Celebrity' Reporting what Verlisify is to honest Poketubers.

A nasty piece of shit who's so bad at his job he's been reclassified as an STI.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:42 PM   #17
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Be sure to check out Shuckle's and my channel, Rowdy Seamen and Footballs! ... oh, wait, this thread is about YouTUBE. Here are some YouTUBE channels that I like.

Mehdi Sadaghdar (aka ElectroBOOM) makes hands-on videos about the science and applications of electricity. Of course, lots of people talk about electricity, and they tell you what not to do, and you're supposed to just take their word for it. But Mehdi SHOWS you what not to do, so that you can actually see what happens. It's a very uniquely informative series. The other great thing is that Mehdi is an extremely talented entertainer, so he can make just about anything interesting. For example, here's a video explaining how to take the cross product of the current and magnetic field vectors set to music from The Lion King. I recommend it for everyone!

Louis Rossmann is a trash-talkin' (but extremely smart) tough guy from Brooklyn who runs a laptop repair shop. His videos aren't exactly information-dense because he doesn't do any planning or scripting; he just flips the camera on and talks or does work. He does everything on the fly and then uploads the whole unedited segment, so the videos are looooong. (I'll link you to the middle of the videos because they're so long.) If you leave them on in a side window or something, you might learn a thing or two about ball grid arrays, how to reflow surface-mount components, or how to talk like a New Yorker. A good example. What I like about these videos is the attitude and the... colorful presentation. Like this explanation of capacitors, which I am convinced he came up with on the spot. That, and the rants. Again, no scripting, just a stereotypical Italian-American New Yorker yelling at the camera about business, technology, and using your brain.

bigclivedotcom looks at the "race to the bottom" among white-label and off-brand electronics by buying cheap items on ebay/Aliexpress, taking them apart, and showing what's inside. Usually, it's several pennies' worth of common components in an amateur-grade circuit, perhaps dangerously so. They might also have silly Engrish product names like the USB male hole warmer. It's not nearly as cynical as it sounds; I would describe the attitude as being a mix of giddiness and curiosity, as in "oh boy, it says it can heat up, I can't wait to look inside and find out how it does that!"

*munch munch* | FB Profile

Last edited by The Morg; 10-26-2016 at 07:16 PM.
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:49 PM   #18
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Also going to shout out daddy eggscum Northernlion because his smooth af voice and ridiculous tangents are just incredibly soothing for me. #ItsMyCoin

TFS Gaming is also great, their Xenoverse playthrough is one of my all time faves and the Nuzlockes are just a joy. The lore runs deep tho #JohnnyCashConspiracy

Wrasslin fans might enjoy The Mark Remark, satirical WWE recaps by Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany. Yes, that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #19
deoxys
Fog Badge

Ethan from h3h3 just totally destroyed Joey Salads and other "pranksters" like him.

Video proof the Joey Salads is actually using paid actors, which everyone suspected for a long time anyway, but in this case it's particularly offensive because he's doing it to further a political agenda.

What a swell guy.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #20
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I've went on about it quite a bit on Discord, but Bruce Willakers' channel, specifically the DnD-style URealms Live, is one of the best things I've seen.

Basically, Rob (the guy who owns said channel) GMs a campaign with four of his pals, with an emphasis on humour rather than drama, and each campaign's recorded live on Twitch, with events funded by chat that can change things in the campaign for better or worse. Each campaign's pretty long, but at the same time has always got a good chuckle out of me. Season 2's better than season 1, though if you want to follow the lore they've been building, I'd start with Porc Hunters, season 1 campaign 2, which gives us a look at the OC race of the show.

Hell, it's just hilarious to see how the group builds their characters.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #21
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

filthy frank is love

filthy frank is life
Old 11-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #22
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

So on relation to the recent election, Jonathon Pie has a brilliant new video up:

Spoiler: show
BORKED
Old 11-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #23
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Quote:
filthy frank is love

filthy frank is life

"Meteor Jam!"

Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #24
satosere
Cascade Badge

Youtube Videos & Channels

Hey guys, I was just thinking about how much YouTube I watch and how much I love it and decided to say who i like.

Here's my list (no order):
·DanTDM
·PokemonRangerBoy12
·Kubz Scouts
·Bird Keeper Toby
·MandJTV Pokevids
·Reaction Time
...and many more lol

I tend to favor in gameplay YouTubers like DanTDM and Kubz Scouts, but I also love reactors like Reaction Time.

Who are your favorite YouTubers and who do you think I would like? (based off what I listed)

:3
Old 11-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #25
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by satosere View Post
Hey guys, I was just thinking about how much YouTube I watch and how much I love it and decided to say who i like.

Here's my list (no order):
·DanTDM
·PokemonRangerBoy12
·Kubz Scouts
·Bird Keeper Toby
·MandJTV Pokevids
·Reaction Time
...and many more lol

I tend to favor in gameplay YouTubers like DanTDM and Kubz Scouts, but I also love reactors like Reaction Time.

Who are your favorite YouTubers and who do you think I would like? (based off what I listed)

:3
Couldn't say that I'm a fan of anyone on that list, but I suppose someone like SeaNanners might be entertaining for you, although I can't remember what his language filter is like.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment