UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #526
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Although I've only recently resigned from updating I feel that for the time being we need a little more activity in FB and with this being the case I've decided to begin updating one FB zone again. Considering the CG is more a universal zone than type specific, and I know it inside out and back-to-front, it's the best zone for me to update at this point in time.

I will not be capping my member limit so if you're not being updated in another zone then I'll update you here. Additionally, I'm happy to pick up the adventures of those of you who were in my previous active group if you wish to return (I PM'd each of you individually when I resigned, so you know who you are). Just let me know via PM if you'd like to continue and I'll include an update for you in the next set posted. If you were not in my previous group simply post an intro and I'll update you.

The only 'problem' so to speak is that I can only guarantee I'll be updating for the next four months. After that there is a very good chance I'll need to quit updating again. I initially resigned for a number of reasons, but the main contributing factor is due to the fact I'm expecting a baby on September 6 (rough estimate, as you cannot always trust due dates). I'm now just over four months along (17 weeks today to be exact), so I plan to cut back again when I reach my eighth month. Should all go well and I deliver a healthy bub *fingers crossed* it's unlikely I'll be updating for at least several months afterwards.

I hope you understand my reason for initially resigning, my reason for beginning to update again, and my reason for only being able to guarantee at least four months worth of updates. If you're okay with this, and are happy to be updated for a few months then I'm happy to take you into my group. If you'd rather be updated by someone who can guarantee you some longevity, I'll understand this as well. I have worked out a way in which I should be able to keep up with regular updates for the short term, but I guess only time will tell. I am still working Mon-Sat, and tend to get rather tired at the minute, but I'll do my best.

Let's see what we can do.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #527
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Sorry for the wait. Easter holidays now, though, so if you guys reply in the next two weeks I should have an update within two days. Apparently, this is too long though I know it isn't, so I'm splitting it into two posts.

Comets Corner - Please reply in red

Raunchyfad: Sending out your trusty starter Pokemon, a Nuzleaf, you request a sweet scent to assist the Glooms attempt at bringing in the red eyed Arbok, and your partner is happy to oblige, beginning to produce a smell from her body not too dissimilar from the Glooms. While the stenches are slightly different due to the Pokemon producing them, they both seemed to tune into the same frequency, and you notice that even Golduck, Paras and Mr.Pipes are finding it hard not to be pulled into the fray by the aroma. You hope this to be a good sign for development, and sure enough you notice more Pokemon being drawn to the area. Some bird Pokemon sit nearby on a log, and a few grass types scatter themselves around the clearing. Then, finally, the thing you'd all been waiting for slithered slowly into the clearing. A glance at the purple snake identified it to definitely be an Arbok, but you couldn't quite see its eyes yet. Daniel too seems to be attempting to identify the situation of the poison type.

As the snake draws near, the Pokemon surrounding the aroma creating Pokemon flee in fear, the bird Pokemon returning to the skies once more and the grass types using various methods of escape including digging and similar tactics. You feel the Paras on your head shivering in fear of the Arbok, but it doesn't seem to be making any attempt to flee, obviously finding your head a greater place of protection than the floor. Looking over at Daniel, you see him looking surprisingly strong and non-fearful. You suppose he must have encountered a few situations like these before in his line of work. As the Arbok glances towards your Pokemon, you notice that it does indeed have bright red eyes, savage and uninviting.

“Right, Paul, I need you to give me a hand here. Golducks strong, but these snakes are unnaturally so. I know you're into peace and that sort of thing, but all you'll be doing is helping me restrain something that wishes to cause harm, right? You can live with that?” He didn't wait for a response, as he didn't have any time to wait, the legless reptile now less than five meters away. “Golduck, use psychic to keep a lock on that monster; don't give it time to escape.”

Nodding, the psychic familiar water type stared with a new found focus at the poison type in front of him, a border of blue energy starting to form around the snake. However, the psychic shield didn't seem to be doing anything other than slowing the snakes progress slightly, as well as angering the creature, the red eyed stare becoming even more intense as they now locked on Golduck. Daniel frowned, murmuring “How can a poison type show so much resistance to a psychic type attack... It doesn't make sense.” The snake was less than four meters away now and still moving towards Daniel and his Pokemon. “Gloom, stop the aroma making and try a stun spore, we need that snake to stop in its tracks.”

Gloom didn't show any sign of confirmation, simply stopping its emittance and launching a yellow powder out the hole in the top of its head as if it were a cannon, the spray heading fast towards the Arbok and hitting it square in the jaw. Upon contact, the Arboks eyes widen as the electric affects spread across its body, movement ceasing temporarily as it struggled to move further. Golducks smile widened, and it released the psychic barrier, happy to find that the electric energy was enough to keep the Pokemon from any form of movement. Daniel seemed extremely happy with how his Gloom performed, and you're happy to see him walk over and pat his Gloom on the back with affection. The pair weren't the best of chums yet, obviously, but you think it good for them to have temporarily put dislikes aside.

“Right, this is your chance to help Paul. Use your Pokemon to faint the Arbok, but be careful not to knock the paralysis out of it. Glooms done a pretty good job, mind, so it shouldn't be too hard to keep it paralysed. Thanks.” Daniel looks over to you with expecting eyes, but should you do it? Should you faint the living creature in such a helpless manner?

How do you react?

Cloud Forest - Please reply in limegreen

Dark Fire: As you explain your lack of criminal intentions, the woman listens politely, before promptly turning to the nearest tribesman and slapping him lightly on the back of his head. “What have I told you about capturing simple adventurers?” She murmurs, before the tribesman simply shrugged, and a smile broadened on her lips. She then begins to speak to the tribesman in a foreign language, you figure their tribal tongue, and the group stand down, one of them groaning as they return to inside what must be their tribal village. “I'm sorry for that.” She exclaims, now talking to you rather than the departing tribesman. “I've tried to tell them that not everyone is a threat to their land, but what can I do? Tribal traditions are hard to change in a few years.” Her eyes flow down to your Chimchar, and her eyes widen. “That's a pretty rare Pokemon you have there, kid.” She murmurs, clearly interested in Hephaestus. It was true that the fire type monkey was off a rare species, so you guess it would be natural for her to be interested. “The names Lucy Willow, and your name is?” She asks, and when you answer, she simply nods, before she simply carries son talking.

“Well, I bet you're wondering why I'm at this tribal village, right?” She questions, but continues before you could really get a word in edgeways. “Well, I think it'd better be explained inside. Follow me.” She walks towards the gate, and you follow, before the gate slowly opens in front of her, and she walks inside, turning and beckoning you in. You could well run now, but this seemed like a prime opportunity for adventure, and that was why you were here right? Deciding that it would be a good idea to follow, you do just that, entering territory alien to you for the first time. As you enter, your eyes are awed by the sights that greet you.

It looks like a mix between the usual tribal life you'd expect and modern technology, small huts scattered around the area with a variety of technologies adapted to them. As you look around, you notice at least four of the houses have wind turbines on them, and wires streamed along the forest floor, covered by tubes of some metal, you couldn't tell which by sight. All the houses were painted brown, with the straw roofs being painted orange, the tip of the roof being painted black from the looks of things. While you couldn't see any pattern from the ground, you suppose it made some sort of pattern from the sky. The thing in the village that draws your attention the most in a large statue in what appeared to be the center of the town. It had many cables linked into its bottom, and slowly rotated around, two bright lights emitting from its eyes. As it circles to face you, its identified as a Hoothoot statue, and now the tribal patterns seem to make more sense to you

“Pretty impressive, huh?” she asks in a rhetorical sense, before continuing with “You'll have plenty of time to marvel later, first, we need to see my husband.” She beckons once more, and you follow her through the village, making sure to avoid tripping up on any of the wires that were streamed through. Eventually, you come to what was a strikingly different building to the rest of the town. For starters, the building was made of metal, and solar panels spread across its flat roof. A sign planted in front of the building identified it as the 'Cloud Forest Lab', and below that it was written in three unidentifiable languages, or possibly the same language, you couldn't tell. Lucy walks over towards the door, and knocks three times, before the confirming sound of “Come in” finds your ears, Lucy opening the door with a key pulled out of the pocket of her brown jacket. You notice now how obviously different from the other she is. For one, she was wearing a brown explorer jacket with tracksuit bottoms, and had two Pokeballs strapped to her belt, as well as a mobile phone. She was obviously not from around here, and this building confirmed something wasn't right with this tribe.

As the pair of you walk in, you find yourself in a large lobby, various machines far too advanced for a normal tribe positioned. A man seated at a desk looks up at you, and smiles. “A trainer.” The man states. By the looks of things, he was around the same age as Lucy, early thirties you guess, and from the looks of things this was her husband. “And is that? It is!” Leaping out of his chair, he speeds over to your Chimchar and kneels down, staring into the Pokemons eyes and seemingly examining it. “Do you mind if I take a look at your Chimchar using the scanner over there?” He asks, presumably to you, but he shows no sign of it, continuing to stare at your fire type with deep fascination. Should you let this man, a man obviously obsessed with Pokemon, examine your Chimchar in a machine you have no clue about? You could always leave now if you wanted, and the question seemed optional so you could always say no. But he did seem harmless...

How do you react?
Old 04-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #528
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
PikaGod: PikaGod: You turn to Dot and ask her to collect the riddle, and the task seems an easy enough thing for the bug type to do. Even with her slightly injured wing, the distance between you and the bottom of the waterfall wouldn't be too much for the Ledian. She flies slowly ahead, and begins to lower herself down, avoiding the pounding waterfall as you watch her get closer and closer to the river below. As she progressively heads further down, a sudden noise catches your attention, and as you look up you're almost knocked over by the closeness of a pair of flapping wings, a large bird Pokemon making its way over your head and past the top of the waterfall. A closer look as it passes identifies it to be a Fearow, the bird Pokemon seemingly passing away with no cruel intention as it lands on a nearby tree branch, surveying the area with its black pupils. Taking your glance away from the seemingly harmless bird, you continue to watch Dots slow descent, lower than halfway now and still heading down steadily to the floor where the riddle lay.

Without warning, a brown blur collided with Dot, heading past at such a pace it was almost unmissable, and knocking Dot spiralling away from her former direction. The cause of the impact was evident as you sighted the Fearow slowly circling your Ledian once more, before it once again became nothing more than a brown blur, colliding with Dot and making her cry out in pain. The Aerial Ace was almost unavoidable, and its super effective nature didn't help the bug with an already damaged wing. As the Fearow was once again recognisable, a smirk spread across its face, obviously enjoying the torment of the ladybug.

“CAAW!” it cried savagely, but it attacked no further, settling on the tree branch it had been positioned on prior and surveying the damage occurred, eyes following the Ledians fall towards land. You briefly turn to Darren, who although evidently shocked, couldn't be feeling the same kind of horror you were feeling. It wasn't his Pokemon down there, after all, was it? But as you watch his face, you realise that you're wrong. He must be feeling even worse than you; at least you know exactly where your Pokemon is, and its well-being.

Your eyesight diverts once more as you watch Dot slowly come to a halt. It seems that she's not injured too badly, thankfully, but was now sitting on the ground a few meters from the ground, panting. A brown blur catches you eyesight, but Fearow doesn't appear to be heading for Dot, rather, you and Darren are the target, the Pokemon flying straight over your head, not touching either of you in its flight. Your eyesight follows the bird as it circles, heading round in an orbit of the area before passing you a large way to your right, and heading down to its tree once more, where it settled. Slightly perplexed as to why the creature would just fly to you, you turn to ask Darren if he had any idea what was going on. At this point, you notice the detective looking oddly at a piece of paper on the floor. Of course; the bird must have dropped another one of the Riddles. As per usual, Darren begins to read it out.

“Did you honestly think it would be that easy?
The marvellous Riddle is never than sleazy.
Now use initiative to find a way
Or your Niddles won't live another day.”

Darren continued to stare at the riddle for a few seconds after in silence, before looking up to you, tears in his eyes. “We need to try something else, but what?” You really do sympathise with the man, and know that you really need to crack down and figure out how to get down. Not just for this man's Niddles either, but your very own team member was at risk from this Fearow it seemed, although the flying type wasn't currently interested in the red and black dotted creature at the moment, thankfully, as you didn't know how many more hits she would take before she was out for the count. Staring down at the waterfall, your mind went over all the different possibilities. You could just leap down into the water, but it was a pretty steep fall, and you had no clue what was waiting underneath the water. For all you knew, it could be extremely shallow, and the pair of you would just die from collision. There had to be a better way, but you didn't have much time to think. Two Pokemons lives were at stake.

“So, kid, how do we do it?” Darren asked, eyes searching for any hope you could give him.

How do you react?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:21 AM   #529
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymankg2 View Post
PikaGod: PikaGod: You turn to Dot and ask her to collect the riddle, and the task seems an easy enough thing for the bug type to do. Even with her slightly injured wing, the distance between you and the bottom of the waterfall wouldn't be too much for the Ledian. She flies slowly ahead, and begins to lower herself down, avoiding the pounding waterfall as you watch her get closer and closer to the river below. As she progressively heads further down, a sudden noise catches your attention, and as you look up you're almost knocked over by the closeness of a pair of flapping wings, a large bird Pokemon making its way over your head and past the top of the waterfall. A closer look as it passes identifies it to be a Fearow, the bird Pokemon seemingly passing away with no cruel intention as it lands on a nearby tree branch, surveying the area with its black pupils. Taking your glance away from the seemingly harmless bird, you continue to watch Dots slow descent, lower than halfway now and still heading down steadily to the floor where the riddle lay.

Without warning, a brown blur collided with Dot, heading past at such a pace it was almost unmissable, and knocking Dot spiralling away from her former direction. The cause of the impact was evident as you sighted the Fearow slowly circling your Ledian once more, before it once again became nothing more than a brown blur, colliding with Dot and making her cry out in pain. The Aerial Ace was almost unavoidable, and its super effective nature didn't help the bug with an already damaged wing. As the Fearow was once again recognisable, a smirk spread across its face, obviously enjoying the torment of the ladybug.

“CAAW!” it cried savagely, but it attacked no further, settling on the tree branch it had been positioned on prior and surveying the damage occurred, eyes following the Ledians fall towards land. You briefly turn to Darren, who although evidently shocked, couldn't be feeling the same kind of horror you were feeling. It wasn't his Pokemon down there, after all, was it? But as you watch his face, you realise that you're wrong. He must be feeling even worse than you; at least you know exactly where your Pokemon is, and its well-being.

Your eyesight diverts once more as you watch Dot slowly come to a halt. It seems that she's not injured too badly, thankfully, but was now sitting on the ground a few meters from the ground, panting. A brown blur catches you eyesight, but Fearow doesn't appear to be heading for Dot, rather, you and Darren are the target, the Pokemon flying straight over your head, not touching either of you in its flight. Your eyesight follows the bird as it circles, heading round in an orbit of the area before passing you a large way to your right, and heading down to its tree once more, where it settled. Slightly perplexed as to why the creature would just fly to you, you turn to ask Darren if he had any idea what was going on. At this point, you notice the detective looking oddly at a piece of paper on the floor. Of course; the bird must have dropped another one of the Riddles. As per usual, Darren begins to read it out.

Or your Niddles won't live another day.”

Darren continued to stare at the riddle for a few seconds after in silence, before looking up to you, tears in his eyes. “We need to try something else, but what?” You really do sympathise with the man, and know that you really need to crack down and figure out how to get down. Not just for this man's Niddles either, but your very own team member was at risk from this Fearow it seemed, although the flying type wasn't currently interested in the red and black dotted creature at the moment, thankfully, as you didn't know how many more hits she would take before she was out for the count. Staring down at the waterfall, your mind went over all the different possibilities. You could just leap down into the water, but it was a pretty steep fall, and you had no clue what was waiting underneath the water. For all you knew, it could be extremely shallow, and the pair of you would just die from collision. There had to be a better way, but you didn't have much time to think. Two Pokemons lives were at stake.

“So, kid, how do we do it?” Darren asked, eyes searching for any hope you could give him.

How do you react?
Karmas watched as Dot slowly flew over to the next piece of riddle. She started to lower herself, getting closer and closer to the pounding waterfall as she did so. Soon Dot was nearly halfway there, and suddenly a noise caught her trainer's attention. Looking upwards, Karmas was almost knocked over by a Fearow flying overhead. The bird landed on a branch, and to Karmas, it didn't appear to have any malicious intentions. Tearing his gaze away, Karmas looked back at his Ledian, who had just gone past halfway. Suddenly the Fearow slammed into Dot, sending her flying from her destination. The Fearow circled Dot and then slammed into her again, eliciting a cry of pain from the Ledian. It cawed loudly and settled back down on the branch, surveying the scene with its beady eyes. As Dot started to fall down, Karmas turned towards Darren, who had a look of horror on his face.

Turning his vision back to his injured pokemon, Karmas saw that she wasn't too badly injured. Relief washed over his body at the sight of Dot merely panting heavily on the ground. A blur of brown once again caught Karmas' attention, the Fearow heading for him and Darren this time! However, it merely circled around the pair before heading back to its branch. Confused by what had just happened, Karmas turned towards the detective and was surprised to see him looking at a piece of paper on the ground. The Fearow must have dropped it when it flew over them. Picking the piece of paper up, Darren started to read it out:

Or your Niddles won't live another day."

Darren continued to stare at the riddle for a few seconds after in silence, before looking up to Karmas, tears in his eyes. “We need to try something else, but what?”

"I don't know," replied Karmas, "But at the moment I need to get down to Dot."

Karmas gave a weary glance at Fearow, but it didn't seem interested in Dot for the time being, and he didn't know how much she had left in her. His mind when over what he could do, which included jumping into the water. But that thought left his mind when Karmas realised how stupid of an idea that really was.

"Well I do have one pokemon that could be of assistance," said Karmas, grabbing a Poke Ball on his belt.

He threw it up in the air, and it opened up to reveal Karmas' starter. The Shiftry stood there, surveying his surroundings before noticing Dot. He looked at the bug with a look of anger on his face, before looking up and seeing Fearow.

"Yeap, that is who hurt Dot," said Karmas as Zoran motioned towards the bird. "We need you to keep it occupied with a Razor Leaf, then a Swift and a Nature Power."

As Zoran nodded his head, Karmas grabbed another ball and released his Tropius, Banane.

"Banane, I need you to fly me down to Dot. Don't worry about the Fearow, Zoran will take care of that."

Old 04-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #530
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Not expecting a particularly long response, I realise there's not much to really respond too.

Cloud Forest - Please reply in Limegreen

Pikagod: Deciding it would be difficult to do this without the aid of your allies, you send out two of your team, one, Zoran, to deal with Fearow, whilst the other, Banane, would be used as transportation instead. You quickly explain the plan to your Pokemon, whilst leaving Darren slightly confused as he looks between the three of you. But for now he remained silent, so you mounted your fruit Pokemon, Zoran stares down the Fearow, who is now intently watching the newly emerged collection of opponents. Slowly, the Fearow begins to slowly flap its wings, building up to launch in a similar way to that of a helicopter, before it ascended from its stationary position and slowly made its way towards the group. Seeing this as a perfect opportunity, your group springs into action, Banane using its large, leaf like wings to lift you over the steep edge, flying downwards, yet keeping you steady as a fall from this height wouldn't be great for your health. As Zoran stands on the edge of the cliff, the pair of Pokemon lock eyes, and the battle begins.

“Hang on a minute, what am I? A Magikarp?” Darren shouts after you, before mumbling something indistinguishable to himself, and sitting down cross-legged on the floor. A slight smirk forms on your face, but fades as you realise that the brawl was well and truly beginning now. With a quick motion of his fan like arms, Zoran launches out a spray of razor sharp leaves, the attack intending to cut into his foe, zooming through the air at the flying type. Fearow simply smirks, however, and a light blue glow forms slowly around its body. Following that, the Fearow retaliated with an identical attack, the Razor sharp leaves hitting each other in mid-air and slicing themselves to pieces, bits of the leaves falling down and barely missing yourself and Banane.

It seemed that the Mirror Move attack had been successful for the bird, and Zoran certainly didn't feel happy about having his attack ceased with such ease. You knew you shouldn't be focussing on the battle too much when your primary objective was Dot, so you looked away, nearly towards ground level now. Whilst you head downwards, the battle above continues, Zoran now launching a spray of stars towards Fearow. Apparently, the bird considered the attack to be a non-problem, and simply takes the attack on its body, dealing some mild damage against it. Instead, Fearow decides to fly in at Fury Attack, pecking rapidly at Zoran, but the swift movements of the grass type managed to prevent most of the damage.

Finally, you reach the ground, and leap off Banane, rushing towards Dot who smiles weakly back up at you. The Pokemon was evidently tired, but it seemed that the rest was already helping her, and you realise a few more minutes rest would probably be enough for her to start going alongside you once more. Relief flows through your body, and you turn your attention back to the battle. Or at least, you would of done, if you didn't notice someone climbing down the side of the cliff. You sigh as you realise it was the ace detective himself heading down, or at least, he would have been, had he not seemingly become stuck. Darren notices you spotting him, and shouts out “Mind giving me a hand?” and you decide that you may as well help, but the battle was more of a priority for now.

Due to the forest nature of the area Zorans in, the nature power creates a seed bomb attack, ten baseball sized bullet seeds being formed, before being lobbed at Fearow. Five or six of them hit before the Fearow is intelligent enough to avoid the rest, seeing that damage wouldn't be too good for its battling chances. Apparently, Fearow decided not to attack again for now, simply watching Zoran rather than making any offensive move. It seemed it was your turn to order, but then again, you had a man stuck up a cliff to rescue. You had to prioritise somehow, or maybe now you had Dot you should simply leave the area, leaving Darren to deal with the Fearow and the rest of Riddles riddles, after all, they only seemed to be causing you and your team harm so far.

Perhaps that was a cruel way to look at it, but either way, you had to decide now, as otherwise Fearow would find it all too easy to pick off Zoran and Darren.

How do you react?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #531
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Not expecting a particularly long response, I realise there's not much to really respond too.

Pikagod: Deciding it would be difficult to do this without the aid of your allies, you send out two of your team, one, Zoran, to deal with Fearow, whilst the other, Banane, would be used as transportation instead. You quickly explain the plan to your Pokemon, whilst leaving Darren slightly confused as he looks between the three of you. But for now he remained silent, so you mounted your fruit Pokemon, Zoran stares down the Fearow, who is now intently watching the newly emerged collection of opponents. Slowly, the Fearow begins to slowly flap its wings, building up to launch in a similar way to that of a helicopter, before it ascended from its stationary position and slowly made its way towards the group. Seeing this as a perfect opportunity, your group springs into action, Banane using its large, leaf like wings to lift you over the steep edge, flying downwards, yet keeping you steady as a fall from this height wouldn't be great for your health. As Zoran stands on the edge of the cliff, the pair of Pokemon lock eyes, and the battle begins.

“Hang on a minute, what am I? A Magikarp?” Darren shouts after you, before mumbling something indistinguishable to himself, and sitting down cross-legged on the floor. A slight smirk forms on your face, but fades as you realise that the brawl was well and truly beginning now. With a quick motion of his fan like arms, Zoran launches out a spray of razor sharp leaves, the attack intending to cut into his foe, zooming through the air at the flying type. Fearow simply smirks, however, and a light blue glow forms slowly around its body. Following that, the Fearow retaliated with an identical attack, the Razor sharp leaves hitting each other in mid-air and slicing themselves to pieces, bits of the leaves falling down and barely missing yourself and Banane.

It seemed that the Mirror Move attack had been successful for the bird, and Zoran certainly didn't feel happy about having his attack ceased with such ease. You knew you shouldn't be focussing on the battle too much when your primary objective was Dot, so you looked away, nearly towards ground level now. Whilst you head downwards, the battle above continues, Zoran now launching a spray of stars towards Fearow. Apparently, the bird considered the attack to be a non-problem, and simply takes the attack on its body, dealing some mild damage against it. Instead, Fearow decides to fly in at Fury Attack, pecking rapidly at Zoran, but the swift movements of the grass type managed to prevent most of the damage.

Finally, you reach the ground, and leap off Banane, rushing towards Dot who smiles weakly back up at you. The Pokemon was evidently tired, but it seemed that the rest was already helping her, and you realise a few more minutes rest would probably be enough for her to start going alongside you once more. Relief flows through your body, and you turn your attention back to the battle. Or at least, you would of done, if you didn't notice someone climbing down the side of the cliff. You sigh as you realise it was the ace detective himself heading down, or at least, he would have been, had he not seemingly become stuck. Darren notices you spotting him, and shouts out “Mind giving me a hand?” and you decide that you may as well help, but the battle was more of a priority for now.

Due to the forest nature of the area Zorans in, the nature power creates a seed bomb attack, ten baseball sized bullet seeds being formed, before being lobbed at Fearow. Five or six of them hit before the Fearow is intelligent enough to avoid the rest, seeing that damage wouldn't be too good for its battling chances. Apparently, Fearow decided not to attack again for now, simply watching Zoran rather than making any offensive move. It seemed it was your turn to order, but then again, you had a man stuck up a cliff to rescue. You had to prioritise somehow, or maybe now you had Dot you should simply leave the area, leaving Darren to deal with the Fearow and the rest of Riddles riddles, after all, they only seemed to be causing you and your team harm so far.

Perhaps that was a cruel way to look at it, but either way, you had to decide now, as otherwise Fearow would find it all too easy to pick off Zoran and Darren.

How do you react?
Sorry for the long wait for the reply, and the shortish reply I am about to give you. Also I know that moving Darren seems self-updating, but I needed to get Banane out of the adventure because he is in a shop and that's all I could think of doing.

Karmas returned Dot back to her ball, deciding that she had been through enough already. The trainer got back onto his Tropius, who promptly flew hime over to Darren. The giant dinosaur flew the pair over to the where Dot had been and as they got off, Karmas returned him. With that, the trainer turned his attention to Zoran. The Shiftry looked a little worse for wear, but Fearow had decided to stop fighting Zoran. It was then that Karmas realised that he really needed to prioritize what he needed to do.

Okay, thought thet trainer I can either just go now and leave Darren, or I could stay and help Darren

It took him all of three seconds to realise what he needed to do.

"Darren," started the trainer, "You go after the riddle, I'll stay here and fight." He turned his attention to Zoran. "Zoran, if the Fearow goes after Darren, use a Dark Pulse to slow it down, and then use a Whirlwind and finish off with Twister!"
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #532
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Oh, well, um. I don't honestly have an excuse for taking this long to update. I guess initially I was waiting for other updatees to post, but that never occurred, and then I got too drawn in to the PASBL phase I was going through. Hopefully, I'm back now and will be able to update on a regular basis. Seriously sorry for the wait, let's get this adventure continuing. That bit of self updating is fine, as it's probably what this update would've been anyway.

Pikagod: As you look down on your Ladybug companion, you decide to return her to her Pokeball, as you figure she's been through enough already today. Opening the red and white orb, the red jet of light soon absorbs the lady bug completely, giving you one less thing to worry about. Now, the super detective was a different worry entirely. Nodding to your Tropius, Banane, who nods at you to show his willingness at the task ahead. Smiling, you pull yourself back onto the fruit covered dinosaur, flying on his back upwards across the lake and towards Darren. Thankfully, Fearow doesn't seem to want to attack immediately, simply watching Zoran carefully, and then occasionally glancing over at the scrap of paper on the floor; the next note from Riddle. As you reach Darren, a sigh of relief comes from the man, who spends no time pulling himself onto the back of the flying and grass type. Thankful, he replies;

“I thank you kind sir. Although I would've found a way out myself being the great detective I am, I decided to let you share some of the glory today.”

You can't help but groan once more, the man seemingly even unable to thank people for saving his life due to his overinflated ego. Regardless, a life is a life, and you can't help but feel satisfied with the knowledge you'd stopped this man's death, even if it would've been the easier option to simply allow his death. Finally, you land once again on the shore, and return your dinosaur companion to his pokeball, allowing you to breath a sigh of relief. Now there was only one immediate issue to deal with, and one that you find yourself quite comfortable with; battling.

You inform Darren of your plan, of which he nods too, setting off to claim the riddle. You, however, return your focus to the battle with Fearow. The Shiftry makes advantage of his dark typing to launch out a pulse of darkness energy, the attack colliding into Fearow for a good hit, as well as making the bird flinch. And with that, the perfect advantage to press further attacking wise occurs, Zoran nodding to you as he begins to flap his large, leafy hands in order to summon up a whirlwind. Soon enough, the Fearow recovers from flinching, clearly angry, and begins to once more flap its wings against Zoran, countering the whirlwind with its own whirlwind, the two attacks cancelling each other out as the bird Pokemon was a lot more familiar with the typing of the attack.

Finally, Zoran flaps his arms rather quickly indeed, bringing forth a twister of dragon energy, the tornado like attack colliding into Fearow and bringing it flying around inside the vortex, the attack doing exceptionally high damage due to the bird's airborne nature, as well as bringing it crashing into the ground. The Fearow slowly gets up, not yet defeated, though, and still really raring to go against you. It covers itself with a dark aura, and the pursuing attack brings it forwards into Zoran before the grass type can move out of the way due to the following nature. This sets the bird up nicely for a drill peck, the beak colliding into Zoran's side for a major hit as the Pokemon falls backwards. It seems both Pokemon have gained massive blows in this turn of events. Both look battered, and either could easily pull it off. Who will win though? You'll decide.

How do you react?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #533
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Oh, well, um. I don't honestly have an excuse for taking this long to update. I guess initially I was waiting for other updatees to post, but that never occurred, and then I got too drawn in to the PASBL phase I was going through. Hopefully, I'm back now and will be able to update on a regular basis. Seriously sorry for the wait, let's get this adventure continuing. That bit of self updating is fine, as it's probably what this update would've been anyway.

Pikagod: As you look down on your Ladybug companion, you decide to return her to her Pokeball, as you figure she's been through enough already today. Opening the red and white orb, the red jet of light soon absorbs the lady bug completely, giving you one less thing to worry about. Now, the super detective was a different worry entirely. Nodding to your Tropius, Banane, who nods at you to show his willingness at the task ahead. Smiling, you pull yourself back onto the fruit covered dinosaur, flying on his back upwards across the lake and towards Darren. Thankfully, Fearow doesn't seem to want to attack immediately, simply watching Zoran carefully, and then occasionally glancing over at the scrap of paper on the floor; the next note from Riddle. As you reach Darren, a sigh of relief comes from the man, who spends no time pulling himself onto the back of the flying and grass type. Thankful, he replies;

“I thank you kind sir. Although I would've found a way out myself being the great detective I am, I decided to let you share some of the glory today.”

You can't help but groan once more, the man seemingly even unable to thank people for saving his life due to his overinflated ego. Regardless, a life is a life, and you can't help but feel satisfied with the knowledge you'd stopped this man's death, even if it would've been the easier option to simply allow his death. Finally, you land once again on the shore, and return your dinosaur companion to his pokeball, allowing you to breath a sigh of relief. Now there was only one immediate issue to deal with, and one that you find yourself quite comfortable with; battling.

You inform Darren of your plan, of which he nods too, setting off to claim the riddle. You, however, return your focus to the battle with Fearow. The Shiftry makes advantage of his dark typing to launch out a pulse of darkness energy, the attack colliding into Fearow for a good hit, as well as making the bird flinch. And with that, the perfect advantage to press further attacking wise occurs, Zoran nodding to you as he begins to flap his large, leafy hands in order to summon up a whirlwind. Soon enough, the Fearow recovers from flinching, clearly angry, and begins to once more flap its wings against Zoran, countering the whirlwind with its own whirlwind, the two attacks cancelling each other out as the bird Pokemon was a lot more familiar with the typing of the attack.

Finally, Zoran flaps his arms rather quickly indeed, bringing forth a twister of dragon energy, the tornado like attack colliding into Fearow and bringing it flying around inside the vortex, the attack doing exceptionally high damage due to the bird's airborne nature, as well as bringing it crashing into the ground. The Fearow slowly gets up, not yet defeated, though, and still really raring to go against you. It covers itself with a dark aura, and the pursuing attack brings it forwards into Zoran before the grass type can move out of the way due to the following nature. This sets the bird up nicely for a drill peck, the beak colliding into Zoran's side for a major hit as the Pokemon falls backwards. It seems both Pokemon have gained massive blows in this turn of events. Both look battered, and either could easily pull it off. Who will win though? You'll decide.

How do you react?
After informing Darren of his plan, Karmas turned his attention towards that battle between Fearow and his Shiftry. Taking advantage of his typing, Zoran fired a Dark Pulse at the bird. As Fearow flinched, Zoran started to flap his leafy hands, whipping up a Whirlwind. No longer flinching, Fearow retaliated with its own Whirlwind and the two attacks canceled each other out. Finally the Shiftry flaps his arms again, and this time a Twister forms. The attack more damage that usual to the Fearow, due to the fact that it was flying, and brought it down to the ground. Still not ready to go down, Fearow used Pursuit to get closer to Zoran, and then dealt him a huge blow with a Drill Peck.

Karmas looked over at Zoran, who appeared was panting heavily from all the battling he had done. The Shiftry glanced over at his trainer and waved one of his leaves, signifying that he was raring to get to battling. Zoran turned his gaze back towards Fearow and began to glare at the bird.

"Alright Zoran!" started to order the trainer, "I want you to use Poison Jab, followed by a Nature Power and finish off with a Hyper Beam!"
Old 08-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #534
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Cloud Garden - Please reply in Limegreen

Pikagod: Zoran nods to you as you complete his orders, prepared to finish off the Fearow to the best of his ability. The bird eyes Zoran carefully, not wanting to make the first move so that it could gain the upper hand against the Shiftry. Your companion Pokemon moves forwards quickly, coating his fan in poison energy as he stabs the sharp point of his fan upwards into the side of the bird, causing it to cry out in pain as the toxins flow into its system. Eyes now full of anger, Fearow suddenly unleashes a flurry of pecks with its hard red beak, digging into Zoran with every repeated stab, the fury attack not being a kind wind as the name clearly implies. The grass and dark type groans in anguish, but wouldn't allow itself to be defeated with such ease, not when his trainer demanded so of him. Channelling power into the forest floor, two roots suddenly ripped upwards and smacked hard into the Fearow, the effect of Nature Power being transferred into the might of the earth. Fearow cries out, and tries to fly up higher to avoid the vines, but finds itself too tired to manage it, which gave Zoran the perfect chance to finish this battle off once and for all.

Zoran smirks, charging up normal typed energy inside his mouth, Fearow's eyes growing wider as the energy is prepared. Then, without a second thought, the beam is launched straight into the bird, smacking it in the chest and knocking it skidding backwards, before being knocked out completely, fainted. As Zoran stares down at the flying type, a new-found energy comes upon him, as he turns and launches a blast of sharpened wind across the lake. It seems that your partner has Learnt Move Tutor Move Air Cutter from the combat with the bird. You smile along with your Pokemon, pleased to have seen that the combat helped out him alongside you. It's at this point you notice Darren returning, a piece of paper placed firmly in his hand as he looks up at you. “Ah, Kamras. It appears we have another riddle, as I suspected, on the floor over there. Now then, the riddle says as follows.”

“So you managed to get past my Fearow's wrath?
Well then, enjoy your little bath.
I've placed three switches upon these totems
Only one of them will my pathway open
If you want to avoid a deadly fight
Answer; which of these Pokemon awakes mainly at night.
Four more riddles I have for thee.
Complete this puzzle, and then there'll be three.”

Darren stares at the riddle for a few seconds after reading the riddle. “Well, um. What the heck does that mean?” Your eyes widen in horror as you watch a blue aura slowly cover the body of the worlds greatest detective. His eyes widen too, as he murmurs “Kamras, buddy. What's with the glowing?” with a nervous tinge in his voice. Suddenly, you find yourself and Darren flung flying into the water, whilst Zoran seems oddly unaffected. The Shiftry looks around for anything that could of caused this, but seems to locate nothing in the forest around the lake. Suddenly, the water begins to shake rapidly, and you and Darren share looks of deep concern, and you're right too, the top of three totems suddenly bursting out of the ground around you. As they rise, the shape of three distinctly different Pokemon appear, the shape of a Ledian, Snorunt and Chatot arrive, the totems all being perfect replicas of each Pokemon, standing firmly atop wooden poles. You ask Darren if you can look at the riddle again, as you realise that the event the riddle was explaining is clearly what you have to do next. Darren eyes you hopefully, and murmurs “Even the worlds greatest detective doesn't know some things, as you may have gathered. As such, I'll leave this riddle to you, Kamras, as you're slowly shaping up to be a master detective, and I wouldn't want to get in your way.”

You nod, somewhat sarcastically, and look at all three totems once more. Each of the totems had a button placed firmly at just above water level (Red for Ledian, Yellow for Snorunt and Blue for Chatot). One of these Pokemon appears mainly at night, and you search your mind quickly for any form of answer to your question. It seems you'll only have one shot, as the riddle was very clear about a deadly fight occurring should you not answer correctly, but since there doesn't seem to be any danger incoming, you have plenty of time to think about it. “So,” Darren began, “Which button are you pressing?”

How do you react?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #535
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Sorry for lateness people. And I apologize to fishy, as I really think I messed at least one or two things up in the update, and it's not up to Tales brilliant standard.

Delibird Ridge - Please reply in burlywood

Seakittenyfool: “I can’t say that I delight in this sort of cowardly behavior, but I understand that rushing in guns-a-blazing might not be the best idea…fine. But if we get caught, you’ll be facing the wrath of both Reagen and myself. Understood?” You nod, and prepare to crawl through the tunnel. As you do, your Infernape carries out its orders to set fire to the above area with some Ember attacks, hoping to provide some form of distraction to the men above. Firing towards the tunnel Eustace came out off, the fire soon lit up the nearby area, the wood setting alight as it did so. Swiftly crawling onwards, being followed by Eustace and your Pokemon, you knew that you’d have to go pretty quickly for the distraction to still be working when you arrive at the room Regean was in. Time was off the essence, so you continued to increase your pace, Eustace keeping up to the best of his ability as the tunnel went on. You weren’t completely sure how long the tunnel went on for, or the exact location that it came out, but you reckoned that you’d end up at least somewhere near where Regean was. The warmth from Volcapes trail of ember was comforting, but as you crawled on the heat slowly dissipated, so Volcape launched another ember up to the roof above, making it once again bright and warm. “Quite a duteous Pokemon you have there, I see.” Eustace exclaimed, his voice breaking the former silence of the previously silent tunnel. He smiles, and after your reaction silence once again surrounds the tunnel as the group move onwards. Occasionally you turn your head, and find almost every time that your fellow human has quite a sour expression on his face. It’s easy to see why he would be, having been beaten up so easily and dropped down into a small, tight tunnel with a complete stranger. That and he no longer had his gun, which he seemed the sort of man to like more than he probably should do. Unsure whether to try and cheer the man up, you simply turn back to facing forwards and continue your crawling. Eventually you come to some form of crossroads, one tunnel continuing the way it went, and the other spiraling off in another direction. “This is a grand place for a pause if I say so myself.” And before you could agree or disagree, he was already sitting with his back to one of the tunnel walls, clearly not fully recovered from being beat up earlier in the day. He sighed, and you decided that a quick rest wouldn’t do too much.

You gave him about thirty seconds, but then you knew you had to put your foot down. You quickly decided to head straight on, and you continued your crawling, eventually reaching the end of the tunnel and emerging in a cave similar to that in which you went down in the first place. The only issue was that you currently had absolutely no idea where you were in relation to Reagan. You look down at Eustace, who also crawls out the tunnel, followed by your Pokemon, and notice the expression on the mans face being somewhat different to that in the cave. He put his finger to his lips, and put a hand to his ear as if telling you to listen to something. Doing as he says and listening, you realize that the man was right. Somebody was definitely nearby, as you could hear quite loud talking. However, with three different exits in the room (one being the tunnel in which you entered), you have to identify which exit to head through. It seems the decision is made for you, though, as you here footsteps heading this way. Quickly, Eustace grabs you and pulls you against the cave wall, beckoning your Pokemon to follow him. The group of you remain completely still, crouched low, and hope that you don’t get identified from by the person who was speaking. You can’t identify what they’re saying yet, but their voice seems to cease as you see a long shadow come across the cave, the crystals on the roof being enough to provide light. If this was one of Reagans men, this would be the perfect opportunity to capture him and find the way to the cave where the criminal was.

How do you react?
Taking into account on this update that my Swampert is still a Marshtomp for the duration of adventure, but noting his current movepool on this reply.

The hunter's current situation aside, he listened to the words and nodded at Eustace's promise with an air of unease, the man surely placing him on his hitlist if he found out Jamie were responsible for putting him there inadvertently in the first place. As Volcape started the fire, the four of them headed down the tunnel, the trainer becoming rather tired of caves now. Eventually, the battered man paused for a rest and after giving him a minute or so, they continued, Jamie hoping the tunnel led to an area more spacious, as the air itself was a bit too stuffy for his liking.

Thankfully, the exit was at the end, and as he looked around he noticed the gems, the Sableye indeed holding its end of the deal as he gave a small sigh of relief. His merciful feeling gave way to frustration as he realised he had absolutely no idea of where he was at all in terms of reaching Reagan, and as he wondered where to go, Eustace hauled him aside, motioning to be silent and listen. As he did so, he heard voices and footsteps coming this way, and immediately had the thoughts that perhaps one of Reagan's men were moving. Noting the situation, he was about to give a silent order when his mind took extra control of what Eustace stated earier. If he had been knocked unconscious by Wraith beforehand, and Ryan's backup hadn't arrived yet, there's the chance the person there might be one of the apprehending rangers. But there's also the Sableye to be concerned with as well with the radio. Maybe the figure could be Ryan? Considering the point he was speaking to something, it might be logical that his attempt to contact him and hearing a Sableye would warrant him searching for him...

"Wraith, listen up." Jamie whispered in a very quiet tone so that he wouldn't be heard by whoever was coming. "We should take precaution here, as this guy coming might not be one of Reagan's men. Once they come into view, and if they're armed, immediately set up a protective shield around us to block any bullets before blasting their weapon out their hands with a swift mud shot then turn your aim to knock him down against the wall. If in the situation it's a ranger, hold tight and let me up. If it's Ryan...I've some severe case of explanation to do to both him and Eustace."

As the shadow lengthened, Jamie tensed visibly. If it were an agent of the poacher, he'd be in a spot of bother, and if it were Ryan questioning why he had suddenly became a Darkness pokemon, things were going to get out of hand.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #536
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

A reply nearly a month later

Quote:
Cloud Garden - Please reply in Limegreen

Pikagod: Zoran nods to you as you complete his orders, prepared to finish off the Fearow to the best of his ability. The bird eyes Zoran carefully, not wanting to make the first move so that it could gain the upper hand against the Shiftry. Your companion Pokemon moves forwards quickly, coating his fan in poison energy as he stabs the sharp point of his fan upwards into the side of the bird, causing it to cry out in pain as the toxins flow into its system. Eyes now full of anger, Fearow suddenly unleashes a flurry of pecks with its hard red beak, digging into Zoran with every repeated stab, the fury attack not being a kind wind as the name clearly implies. The grass and dark type groans in anguish, but wouldn't allow itself to be defeated with such ease, not when his trainer demanded so of him. Channelling power into the forest floor, two roots suddenly ripped upwards and smacked hard into the Fearow, the effect of Nature Power being transferred into the might of the earth. Fearow cries out, and tries to fly up higher to avoid the vines, but finds itself too tired to manage it, which gave Zoran the perfect chance to finish this battle off once and for all.

Zoran smirks, charging up normal typed energy inside his mouth, Fearow's eyes growing wider as the energy is prepared. Then, without a second thought, the beam is launched straight into the bird, smacking it in the chest and knocking it skidding backwards, before being knocked out completely, fainted. As Zoran stares down at the flying type, a new-found energy comes upon him, as he turns and launches a blast of sharpened wind across the lake. It seems that your partner has Learnt Move Tutor Move Air Cutter from the combat with the bird. You smile along with your Pokemon, pleased to have seen that the combat helped out him alongside you. It's at this point you notice Darren returning, a piece of paper placed firmly in his hand as he looks up at you. “Ah, Kamras. It appears we have another riddle, as I suspected, on the floor over there. Now then, the riddle says as follows.”

Darren stares at the riddle for a few seconds after reading the riddle. “Well, um. What the heck does that mean?” Your eyes widen in horror as you watch a blue aura slowly cover the body of the worlds greatest detective. His eyes widen too, as he murmurs “Kamras, buddy. What's with the glowing?” with a nervous tinge in his voice. Suddenly, you find yourself and Darren flung flying into the water, whilst Zoran seems oddly unaffected. The Shiftry looks around for anything that could of caused this, but seems to locate nothing in the forest around the lake. Suddenly, the water begins to shake rapidly, and you and Darren share looks of deep concern, and you're right too, the top of three totems suddenly bursting out of the ground around you. As they rise, the shape of three distinctly different Pokemon appear, the shape of a Ledian, Snorunt and Chatot arrive, the totems all being perfect replicas of each Pokemon, standing firmly atop wooden poles. You ask Darren if you can look at the riddle again, as you realise that the event the riddle was explaining is clearly what you have to do next. Darren eyes you hopefully, and murmurs “Even the worlds greatest detective doesn't know some things, as you may have gathered. As such, I'll leave this riddle to you, Kamras, as you're slowly shaping up to be a master detective, and I wouldn't want to get in your way.”

You nod, somewhat sarcastically, and look at all three totems once more. Each of the totems had a button placed firmly at just above water level (Red for Ledian, Yellow for Snorunt and Blue for Chatot). One of these Pokemon appears mainly at night, and you search your mind quickly for any form of answer to your question. It seems you'll only have one shot, as the riddle was very clear about a deadly fight occurring should you not answer correctly, but since there doesn't seem to be any danger incoming, you have plenty of time to think about it. “So,” Darren began, “Which button are you pressing?”

How do you react?
Yeah, in advance I am going to say sorry for the short reply, but I wanted to go on with my adventure, and I don't really have a lot of free time at the moment to try and write a decent reply. Also, you do know that my character's name is Karmas not Kamras?

"Good job Zoran," Karmas said, congratulating Zoran on both his defeat of Fearow and his learning of Air Cutter.

“Ah, Karmas. It appears we have another riddle, as I suspected, on the floor over there. Now then, the riddle says as follows." Turning around Karmas saw that Darren had returned, with a piece of paper in his hand.

“Well, um. What the heck does that mean?”

Karmas' eyes widened in horror as a blue aura suddenly and slowly covered Darren's body.

His eyes widened too, as he murmured “Karmas, buddy. What's with the glowing?” with a nervous tinge in his voice.

Suddenly he and Darren were thrown into the water, the trainer noticing that his pokemon wasn't affected at all. Noticing this as well, Zoran looked around to try and see if he could find what caused it, but he couldn't see anything. All of a sudden, the water around Karmas and Darren started to shake, and three pokemon shaped totems arise from the water. Seeing that the totems were off Chatot, Snorunt and Ledian Karmas asked was about to ask to see the riddle again, when he realised that this was what the riddle was talking about.

Darren eyed the trainer hopefully, and murmured “Even the worlds greatest detective doesn't know some things, as you may have gathered. As such, I'll leave this riddle to you, Karmas, as you're slowly shaping up to be a master detective, and I wouldn't want to get in your way.”

Karmas looked at the totems in front of him, and studied them. Only one of them appeared during the night, and if he picked wrong then there would be a deadly fight.

“So,” Darren began, “Which button are you pressing?"

"I don't know yet," answered Karmas, starting to get a little annoyed by Darren. "But I do know something that can help me."

The trainer reached into his pocket and pulled out his trusty pokedex. He opened it up and searched for Chatot, the trainer already knowing that Ledians didn't appear during the night. The search resulted in Karmas being shown that Chatot didn't appear in the night either.

"Well I guess that leaves me with one option," said Karmas, pushing the yellow button.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #537
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Cherrim The Cloud Garden

CLOUD GARDEN

Everybody knows that the best things for a Garden are sun and rain, so moving it closer to the sun and clouds would make a wonderful garden.
So what if we put the garden in the clouds? Imagine the beauty of this place. Actually, don't imagine, come and see for yourself, this picture of natural beauty set into the clear blues skies. Stick around and explore, who knows what surprises and adventures you will encounter.

Areas:

Sky Gate: The entrance to this wonderful world, here you will find your pokemon centre and any other things you may need before setting out on your adventure. There are several paths leading away from the Sky Gate and if you want you can hire a guide to help you with your travels, but they may ask for something in return.…

Rainbow Road: A long road that leads away from the Sky Gate which overlooks the Cloud Garden and is perfect for sight-seeing. Wild pokemon are said to appear along this path on random occasions, they seem used to people, so they won't be quick to run away when you show up. There’s a rest house somewhere along there for trainers who want to rest their tired feet and pokemon.

The Space Path: A mysterious semi-transparent golden path that seemingly leads off into space. Where does it end? Nobody knows because anyone who has ever ventured along it has never returned. Who knows what you may find out there…..

Memory Lane: Leading away from the Sky Gate is this seemingly endless concrete pathway. Flowers line the side of the road, laid in memory of trainers and pokemon that fought there. The saddening feel around the area attract darker, stronger pokemon.

The Rose Arch: A large decorative arch made completely out of two rose bushes. While this appears to be a rather pleasant path to take looks can be very deceiving. Follow it and who knows what you will find…

Mystery Island: A mysterious floating island nestled among the clouds. There is no way to access it by foot so if you don’t have any flying pokemon you will have to find an alternative route to get there as no guides from the Sky Gate area will go near it.

Stardust Fields: Ever wondered what it looks like to walk in outer space? Well chances are you'll never get a chance to do that, so why not take a walk through the Stardust Fields instead? A peaceful, uninterrupted terrain, providing habitat for all sorts of weird and wonderful pokemon, and maybe even the odd precious stone or two.

Comet's Corner: A flat plateau that overlooks most of the Cloud Gardens. Many people say that during quiet, cloudless nights the skies are lit up in a display of shooting stars, some even say that mystical pokemon have appeared during these star storms.

Cloud Forest: A huge forest that surrounds the Rainbow Road, it's surprisingly always bright no matter what time of day it is. The forest acts as a home to most (if not all) Grass and Bug type pokemon and also several other forest dwelling types. Just try not to get lost.

The Fountain Garden: A small garden filled with fountains, waterfalls and clear lakes. Water pokemon love this little area and thrive to the point where you can't turn around without tripping over a Magikarp. Fishing is not allowed in this area as it is considered as cruelty towards the water pokemon.

The Rock Garden: The main focus of this area is the amazing natural rock formations. The area is filled with holes, burrows, caves and other pokemon homes. If you have a pokemon that can Dig, there are rumours of strange and wonderful things hidden under the soil here.

The Forbidden Garden: A large, unbreakable, inpenetrable door blocks off this area. Even a bunch of Machamp couldn't get this open. There are seven keyholes located on the door, unfortunately the keys that fit them seem to be missing. Nobody knows what lies behind the door, those up for a challenge may like to find out.

Rainbow Waterfalls: A lush green area with many caves and secret hideouts. Pokemon of all kinds are drawn to the area due to its serenity and rich source of nutrition. The spray from the waterfalls create many rainbows which hang in the skies above making it a popular destination for pokemon trainers and tourists alike.

Burnt Forest Wastelands: Not much is known about this baron, sandy, dusty, dirty, burnt area. Some say it was once a lush, green forest that was the battlefield between two powerful fire pokemon. Now all that is left is burnt trees and charred earth.

Delibird Ridge: A nesting ground for bird pokemon. A large area of jutting rocks and crevasses where many a bird pokemon have called their home. Set into the clifftops it has become a popular spot for pokemon watchers and explorers that visit the Caverns in the mountainside.

The Oasis: A vast, desert-like area. Nothing but sand and stone for as far as the eye can see. In the distance there seems to be a bunch of palm trees and a lake, is it real or just a mirage? Pokemon and Trainers that can brave the vicious sandstorms just might be able to find out but beware! A mysterious dense fog in said to sometimes cover this entire area and when it does all sorts of strange things begin to happen…..

::Special Event Area::

Cloud Colosseum - Set right in the centre of the Cloud Gardens is this ancient arena. A popular source of entertainment for pokemon trainers and sadists alike. Below the Colosseum are the dungeons where all of the toughest and sneakiest pokemon are locked away, try to avoid this place unless your pokemon are on high levels.
Note: This area is only open at certain times as a part of a special event.

So, ready to get started? The only thing left to do is choose an area to let your adventure begin. Enjoy!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #538
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Current Zone Updators

* Pest

This list will be edited as these details change. If your updator leaves, please notify an FB Mod so you can be reallocated to another group.

Last edited by enchantress; 03-25-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #539
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Stardust Fields: Ever wondered what it looks like to walk in outer space? Well chances are you'll never get a chance to do that, so why not take a walk through the Stardust Fields instead? A peaceful, uninterrupted terrain, providing habitat for all sorts of weird and wonderful pokemon, and maybe even the odd precious stone or two.
A beautiful day for a treasure hunt.

That was what Dan thought, anyway; slightly cloudy but not likely to rain, a light breeze in the air and what was probably the smell of victory. He hoped. And that's why he set out on a journey to Stardust Fields- he wouldn't be interrupted because it was quiet, and he had a tip off that it was packed with gemstones and other precious minerals. Full of enthusiasm, he threw the ball of Zapz. Out popped the little Electric Spiderling, ready to adventure. Dan scooped Terrance up in his arms and the three set to work looking for gems or other treasure.

That tip off wasn't as true as Dan would have liked it to have been. About an hour of searching, and to no avail except for boring regular rocks and stones. He had yet to see a wild pokemon, even. He groaned and looked across the field to Zapz, who was boredly rummaging through a bush before he popped out with an unenthusiastic "Jolllll....". Daniel sighed. He didn't like wasting his days away- is it too much to ask for some excitement? No. No it's not.

"Maybe we should move on to a different area..." He walked off, and his Starter scuttled after him.

Last edited by JustAnotherUser; 01-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #540
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Rainbow Road: A long road that leads away from the Sky Gate which overlooks the Cloud Garden and is perfect for sight-seeing. Wild pokemon are said to appear along this path on random occasions, they seem used to people, so they won't be quick to run away when you show up. There's a rest house somewhere along there for trainers who want to rest their tired feet and pokemon.
"So, what do you think, lads?"

Not including the mysterious, trance-like journey Shadow had embarked on alone, it had been a while since the scientist's previous adventure. In the time between he had met other Trainers, found new teammates and continued his nomadic treks across various realms for fear of detection. Now he found himself standing in a somewhat familiar area where he once traversed to, though the memories from that were somewhat hazy - Lacrimus, though, might have been able to remind him, but it was time to orientate the newcomers to the group, and so he selected a Cloud Garden route he'd hoped was easier for the three creatures that hung about him. Low, separate murmurs were heard as the trio kept to themselves.

Atop Shadow's head clung Doldrum, a timid Drifloon that Shadow had come across by means of another friendly acquaintance. In his short time of membership Doldrum had taken to clinging to the top of Shadow's head, apparently concerned at the chances of him floating off into stratospheric oblivion. Durin made no more noise than the occasional clatter of ball bearings as he rocked back and forth. Arugulus almost looked sniffy as he surmised the surroundings; his nose turned up distastefully in a glare that seemed to read, "There's company ahead."

"Stay together, men," Shadow declared, as he began the trek into the distance, in hopes that the newcomers would be able grow in experience.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #541
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
The Rock Garden: The main focus of this area is the amazing natural rock formations. The area is filled with holes, burrows, caves and other pokemon homes. If you have a pokemon that can Dig, there are rumours of strange and wonderful things hidden under the soil here.
"So what do you think Davila? How'd you like the place?"

The clear air swept through George's hair, lifting it softly. In his field of vision, a Rock Formation, large, yet mysterious, sat before him. His mind was riddled with various thoughts; Where did they come from? How did they come to be? How have they lasted so long? It was all bewildering for him. As an aspiring Geologist, he was stuck in a coma of awe at the structure. Popping up from over his shoulder, Davila looked at the formation, and yawned gently. As George noticed this, he realised that he wasn't here to look at Geological structures; he was here to find pokemon. Perhaps even treasure.

"Sorry Davila. Lets get going. Time to begin your training." George exclaimed, the wind carrying his voice over the landscape. He took a gentle walk around the structure, before looking back at it, and smiling. Noises came from all around him, as he walked into a Quarry-like area. His flanks seemed completely undefended, however George was confident. Davila's eyes darted about, watching for any pokemon that might want to sneak up on him. George eventually grew wary, and stopped for a moment to scout the place out. There was a Cave over on one side of the Quarry, whilst the other side had holes dug into the slope. His attention, however, was focused more on the cave, and he grew Curious.

"We're going to explore that Cave, Davila. Ready?" George said reassuringly to Davila, the lizard growing a look of determination in his eyes and nodding sharply. George nodded back, and head towards the cave, Davila all the while still scouting the landscape for any incoming threats.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 01-11-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Text colour -_-
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #542
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
"Do do do do DO! Do do do do, do."

Blaze was banging out a tune from some sort of jazz song(of whatever origin is uncertain), while his Geodude, Marche, wandered behind him. This was going to be Blaze's first ever adventure, an adventure that was sure to be full of mystery, excitement, danger, and peril.

'And if not, for sure there will be Pokemon.' Blaze thought. He and Marche has walked all the way here to start off, a place where Blaze thought, no, he knew he would find a Pokemon he would like.

Quote:
"Wow, look at that!~" Blaze looked at a huge pillar of rock that stood above all the rest, with may holes inside of it, definetely Pokemon nests. His face grew a smile that reached ear to ear, his face became like a shining beacon. Marche looked happy to be in a place like this, the rocks seeming like a perfect home for the little guy. Blaze lowered his gaze to look on the ground. He could see many holes here, burrows of some sort. 'Better make sure that I do not accidentaly step in one of those holes.' He looked at Marche.

"What do you think? Is this a good place for our start in this world?" He took a small device that looked like a headset out of his pack. This was a Poketranslator, one of his own design. He fit it onto Marche's head.

"This place reminds me of home, on Mt. Moon. I like it."

"Then let's go!" Blaze yelled as he took his first steps onto the rocky terrain, giddy and nervous of the sights he would see. This, this was what adventure felt like.

Last edited by Emi; 01-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #543
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Cloud Forest: A huge forest that surrounds the Rainbow Road, it's surprisingly always bright no matter what time of day it is. The forest acts as a home to most (if not all) Grass and Bug type pokemon and also several other forest dwelling types. Just try not to get lost.
"Oooohh, our first adventure, how exciting! This place is sure to provide some great training. Don't you think so, Apollo?"

The Torchic happily chirped in agreement as they strolled through the forest, moving around trees and large grass. The sun shined brightly, escaping through trees and meeting the ground. Charm looked around, acknowledging the sizes of the trees, wondering how they would find their way back if they venture in too deep. The excitement of an adventure, however, put that thought to the back of his head.

"There's a good chance that many grass and bug type pokemon would live around here... perfect training for the future Fire Pokemon master and his partner!" Apollo chirped in agreement once again before clumsily tripping over an overgrown root. "Watch your step little guy," Charm scolded the fiery chick before tripping over a root himself. Apollo laughed a Torchic's laugh and Charm reluctantly got up, slapping the dirt off his knees and elbows.

"Alright, alright. Let's get serious; it's time for some training." The duo put on a serious face and marched forward, further into the forest.

Last edited by Charminions; 01-11-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #544
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
Rainbow Waterfalls: A lush green area with many caves and secret hideouts. Pokemon of all kinds are drawn to the area due to its serenity and rich source of nutrition. The spray from the waterfalls create many rainbows which hang in the skies above making it a popular destination for pokemon trainers and tourists alike.
"So, Neptune, you enjoying this place yet?"

The Squirtle splashed around the various ponds, laughing and jumping excitedly. Cele took note of Neptune's behavior, knowing he made the right choice in coming here out of all the other areas. Approaching Neptune, he carefully lifted him out of the water. Neptune, however, was having too much of a fun time, and was reluctant to get out. In the distance, Cele could see his recently acquired Pokemon, a Pineco, hanging from a lush tree. Taking a few steps towards her cautiously, he grabbed her from the tree, placing her on his head. Unfortunately, she was neede elsewhere, so Cele returned her to her PokeBall.

Neptune was still swimming free through the cool, blue water, with a huge smile on his face. Cele called out to him, signalling that it was time for adventure. Netune payed no heed to him, and began heading towards one particular direction. Cele, worried about the young Pokemon, followed him closely on land. Catching sight of the wondrous sight, he had to stop and stare in amazement. It was a waterfall, pouring majestically into a lake. Above it, a beautiful rainbow was spread across the sky, creating a stunning sight. Cele once again called out to Neptune, stating that it was time for their training to begin.

"Let's go find some treasure! Maybe even some rare Pokemon!" Cele exclaimed, beaming with joy, just like his Pokemon. He ran off into the distance, his Squirtle not far behind.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!

Last edited by Celebii151; 02-06-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 AM   #545
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Delibird Ridge: A nesting ground for bird pokemon. A large area of jutting rocks and crevasses where many a bird pokemon have called their home. Set into the clifftops it has become a popular spot for pokemon watchers and explorers that visit the Caverns in the mountainside.
"Ohmygosh, I am so tired. Why do birds have to nest here, out of all places? Ah, even though it's not quite rainbows or gardens, the place is beautiful nonetheless~" Daisy breathed heavily after her long trek up the mountain. Sunshine, her Swablu, wasn't the least bit tired- in fact she was full of energy and excitement. The blue bird was eager to see more of her kind, doing aerials and singing her trademark cheery tune as her trainer practically crawled up the rocks. Finding a good place to settle down, Daisy opened up her pack and pulled out their lunches. "The best sauce is hunger, they say. Who's 'they'? Beats me, but I get what they're saying~" Daisy took a bite of her sandwich, chewing with relish as Sunshine nibbled delicately on some fruit.

From their resting spot the 9 year old girl and her pokemon had a good panoramic view of the landscape before them. They were pretty up high, and so the sights were breathtaking. Daisy could see widespread forests of different shades of green, enormous plateaus marked by stripes of beige and red, gently rolling fields bursting with color from wildflowers, and a myriad of bodies of water in blues, sea greens, and tinges of purple. "The hard journey up to this place is totes worth it. Beautiful scenery, wonderful weather, and best of all- bird pokemon!" Daisy lets out a content sigh and calls her Swablu over. Sunshine chirps obediently and nestles comfortably in the girl's lap. Together, they watch the skies as they wait for the avian show to begin.

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~

Last edited by DaisyInari; 01-29-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Ah, I thought I missed something. Thanks for saying so~
Old 02-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #546
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Send a message via Skype™ to takkupanda
Quote:

It was a bright sunny day, perfect to start a new adventure.

'I cannot believe we are finally here. I had dreamed of this day for years!', Marcelo thought as he and Broly gleefully marched along a narrow path that led to a vast forest where they would finally take their first step into the wild. With a shining new Backpack and a Pokedex at his disposal, Marcelo was all geared up for the long journey that lay ahead.

As they walked toward the forest, they saw a large wall of trees extending several miles on either side of the road. They had started hearing cries of several Pokemon which echoed through the thickets from deep inside the forest. All the different shades of green made the forest look beautiful from there. "Wow! Look at that! Isn't it perfect?" said Marcelo as they paused for a moment to savour the beautiful vista. Broly closed his eyes and nodded in agreement.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Haven't we waited long enough? Let's go!" he exclaimed as he sprinted towards the forest. Broly woofed happily as he followed. Marcelo's excitement grew as they inched closer to the forest.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

Last edited by takkupanda; 02-03-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #547
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Welcome, adventurers, to the Cloud Garden! I’m Lilblue/Yuki, and I’ll be your host. Thank you all for your patience! Now then, let’s get this show on the road~

For future reference, I’d appreciate if you could all keep a link to your member’s post in your sig, or post it with each reply. It gets confusing having to look up Pokémon by their nicknames.

Rainbow Road

Shadowshocker – Flanked by a grass seed and lizard on either side, and a ghostly balloon fast to your hair, you tour the multicolored mobile through the passive countryside. As you pass half-familiar fields and flowers, thoughts and recollections hover about you like birds. Though you try to reach for them, they flit just far from your grasp.

…Birds?

A shadow passes overheard, and Arugulus is on alert. His snout slopes even higher to the sun, scorning the prospect of company. Doldrum quivers and secures himself close, as Durin rattles out a warning. More shadows start to gather and orbit, foreboding.

One shrieks a cry, and they all descend at once. Something like soot screams down at you.

The flock of Murkrow peck and scratch at your face, hair, eyes. No, to be precise, their attacks are aimed at a space somewhere above. This space is occupied by a squealing inflatable, whose tendrils seize at your skin so desperately they almost start to choke.

Before you are aware, a specifically sniped claw manages to dislodge a lifeline. Another few tugs, and Doldrum is suddenly skybound. Through the flurry of feathers, you watch in dismay as one of the crows clamps a flailing string in its beak and starts to fly away with it, dragging the poor owner with it. You move to pursue, but the remaining birds block your passing.

What will do you?

Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter – Together with turtle and spider, you seek earthly riches for a while, but fortune does not seem to favor a trio of treasure hunters today. Eventually tiring of too much nothing, you stretch yourself upon the grass and laze, dazing up at the drifting clouds. Soon, the mind starts to drift as well, but against its own desire. Dust and dreams fill this flushing field with a soft sweetness. You breathe it in, and let out a deep sigh. Here, the world stops to take a breather, to step back and reflect upon itself. Time makes time. It invites you to sit for a spell, and though your schedule is open… Your sigh is one of discontent rather than peace. You came in hopes of excitement, for promises of glitter and glory. Not to meditate, you muse as you lift up a small stone. And certainly not for some dumb rocks, you think as you let it fly.

“Plu!”

“Mi!”

Joltik jolts, and Turtwig twitches. Your backside hastily departs the earth to survey the meadow, zeroing on the source of the sound. Sprouting from the tufts of grass are two sets of ears – one blue and one red. The ears bob in and out, to and fro, until a pair of yellow mice pop into plain sight. The Plusle appears to be in some pain, rubbing its forehead where a small smudge intrudes between the ears. Its Minun partner shoots snowy looks at each of your trio in turn, demanding to know who cast the first stone. Its alkali cheeks flicker with ire.

What will you do?

Cloud Forest

Charminions – Sun shies through the green, spotlighting the sod where you and Apollo pace. Your legs take pause to assess the atmosphere; the trunks straighten their stature to your salute. From the sky, a tree’s height is not to be measured not in branches, but by the view afforded. From the earth, it is by the length of their shadows. You back in the coolness of the shade. The shade provides a warning, that to advance may mean less likelihood to depart. Your thoughts are too flooded with dreams of voyage to pay heed.

Apollo harmonizes with your proposal, before tripping over a plant root. You chuckle and chide his inelegance, only to soon fumble yourself. Self-consciously overlooking the chick’s turn to twitter, you quickly compose yourselves and carry on. Without warning, the both of you wildly stumble at once. Apollo is sent forehead-first into a birch, letting out a dazed chirp as the shock proves enough to shake loose a few leaves. You lift your own face and spit out spoil, glaring back to find what could’ve interrupted your course. Another root is proudly raised high where you’re certain it wasn’t before. Before your eyes, it recedes back into the terrain as if never present, and a rude cackle rings over to the right. Following the sound, you scout out a smirking Carnivine, who doubles over again in delight upon detecting your dirt-streaked face.

How do you respond?

takkupanda – You and Broly wander eagerly through the woods, yet keeping to the narrow path afforded. Enjoying both the quiet beauty and shade, you remain distinctly attuned to any signs of wild Pokémon. Nothing seems to ever disrupt the peace though, which begs the question if the cries you heard but a moment ago were only enticements. False advertisements. Grounds for a suit, perhaps?

Just are you’re debating who to file your complaints to, Broly stops and snuffs the air. Something peculiar has seized his attention. Soon, even your dull senses pick up on it too. A strongly SWEET SCENT pervades the forest. The overwhelming fragrance dazes your head with dreams of sugar plums, so you can hardly think straight. You feel your muscles relax, and movement grows sluggish. Like wading through a thick and heavy syrup. A thought struggles to rise to the surface of your brain, barely swimming above the slush: That this could be the reason all the voices of the wood are subdued.

Beside you, Broly is equally enraptured. He starts to follow the source of the aroma, and you find it hard to resist the urge to trail after. It takes almost all your concentration just to remain standing in one place. As soon as you let slip your mind for a moment, sure enough you start to sway. Kinda like a zombie.

What will the undead you do?

Rock Garden

Midgeorge – A natural stone sculpture proudly plants itself before you, basking in the eyes of a true appreciator for Mother Nature’s art. Yet while the monuments of the famed Rock Garden fascinate an aspiring geologist as yourself, it is not what appears on the surface that draws your attention, but deeper within. You and your lizard cautiously approach the mouth, which seemingly yearns into beyond darkness. Swallowing hesitation, you stride straight into the earth’s belly, relying on trust and instincts to guide you. Davila receives your trust, and stays close to your side to guard against any potential menaces.

Feeling the walls, you pitch forward into deep darkness. The last rays from the entrance slacken and slide from view as your shadow recedes. Soon, you are completely surrounded by lack of thought or light. You hear sound though, an almost whisper or sigh. Listening closer, you catch snatches of some sort of melody.

As you ponder whether persistence is worth the risk of being eaten by a grue, a weak glow strains from somewhere to your left, barely brightening your eyes. Your vision is cleared just enough to discriminate two tunnels before you. To the left, the aforementioned light weaves in and out. To the right, faint music wavers.

Do you follow the light, or the song? Or go back the way you came?

blazeVA – Jamming to your internal soundtrack, you and Marche keenly make your way through the maze of imposing rock formations. With the aid of your brilliant innovation, you realize the Geodude’s remarks whenever he points out one that reminds him of a stone just like back home. Though you nod and voice agreement, the repetition of rock-related rants starts to grow dreary after a while, and you soon decide to crank up the volume on your brain to drown out the geology lecture.

As you begin to wonder if the two of you will ever come across something besides rocks, or at least a deviation from the topic – you trip over one yourself. Grumbling over having to hit pause on your favorite part, you stand up and aim to give the criminal a good kick. To your shock, however, the stone seems to instantly unravel and sprout legs, then an antenna. Rolling around, a hexagonal orifice in its center faces you, resembling an eerily large eye. However, it doesn’t seem to blink, when in fact such a hole serves as Roggenrola’s ear. It seems to be tuned towards you, highly intrigued. Almost as if waiting for something.

How do you react?

Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151 – The water always invites play for Water Pokémon, and so your Squirtle is quick to lap up the opportunity. As he rejoices in the pools, your Pineco finds herself at home in one of the neighboring trees. You smile to see your friends at peace, but want of stimulation overtakes you. You attempt to subtract Neptune from the pond, but he and the water almost seem as one. With a sigh, you release the stubborn Squirtle, and watch him paddle cheekily to the other edge. Shaking your head, you angle towards the bagworm instead, who brightens to your tiptoed approach. Gently disengaging her from the branch, you decide to triumphantly crown yourself with her for a moment. She makes no objection, but seems rather comfortable.

However amusing this position may be, it’s not suited for adventuring,
and so you restore her to her Pokéball. Calling to the shell bobbing off the opposite shore, you receive no response other than a widening of distance. Growing anxious, you trail after Neptune, who appears intent on some purpose. A rushing sound first fills your ears, which deafens to a roar as you stand beneath the famous falls. A curve of dazzling colors inscribes the air above. You soak in the beauty and wonder of it all, before summoning Squirtle once more to follow you, promising even grander experiences. Rejuvenated, the two of you sprint off in search of your own form of glory.

It isn’t far before you come across an odd-looking sort of creature. A drooped bill, and webbed feet that drag the earth as it waddles ungainly towards a bunch of rocks. When it reaches them, it clambers up one awkwardly and squats, pronouncing a quiet quack that sounds almost like a sigh. The little ugly Ducklett appears to be a bit blue, literally. Following its gaze, you notice a group of Golduck sizing up their strength, both mentally and physically, against each other. Every so often they’ll toss sneering glances in the direction of the quarry, elbowing each other in the ribs as the Ducklett tries to duck behind a rock in time, or, failing that, underneath its wings.

What do you do?

Delibird Ridge

DaisyInari – After an arduous ascent up the ridge, you and your Swablu come to a respite at a small crevice, where you decide to unpack your food to refurnish some energy. Despite heavy breaths, your spirit still brims with vigor, as evidenced by how electrically you babble on your thoughts. Sunshine shares your enthusiasm, performing somersaults as she whistles a cheerful air, before settling on a boulder to partake in the fruit you offer. You grin and take a greedy bite out of your own lunch, munching with satisfaction as you take in the proud vista. Below, the view describes a wide spectrum of every color imaginable, a painter’s palette. Above lies an endless blue canvas, waiting for imagination to take flight.

Upon finishing your meal, you invite Sunshine into your lap. She coos and snuggles in secure to your warmth. The two of you lie back, and keep your eyes steady on the empty space above. The recital is about to begin. Soon enough, the parent birds begin to emerge from the entrances to the caverns, broadcasting the length of their wingspans before swooping down the cliffsides to catch a rush of updraft. Like expert divers, you marvel at their grace and poise. Swoops and spirals resemble coordinated dance. The breeze bears them down to the valley, to the plains and lakes and forests below, where they will hunt provisions for their young ones.

Some young ones, it would seem, are already preparing to leave the next. You spy a nearby nest where a fledgling Natu is perched on the edge, flexing its newly toughened appendages. You smile to watch it test its strength, observing that it must only be a few days short of departure. But that smile switches to shock when a freak gust starts to blow, knocking the little psybird off its balance, sending it prematurely plunging into the ravine. You cast about wildly, but the mother Xatu seems to be nowhere in sight, presumably off gathering food for her chick.

What will you do?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #548
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Send a message via Skype™ to takkupanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post

Cloud Forest

takkupanda – You and Broly wander eagerly through the woods, yet keeping to the narrow path afforded. Enjoying both the quiet beauty and shade, you remain distinctly attuned to any signs of wild Pokémon. Nothing seems to ever disrupt the peace though, which begs the question if the cries you heard but a moment ago were only enticements. False advertisements. Grounds for a suit, perhaps?

Just are you’re debating who to file your complaints to, Broly stops and snuffs the air. Something peculiar has seized his attention. Soon, even your dull senses pick up on it too. A strongly SWEET SCENT pervades the forest. The overwhelming fragrance dazes your head with dreams of sugar plums, so you can hardly think straight. You feel your muscles relax, and movement grows sluggish. Like wading through a thick and heavy syrup. A thought struggles to rise to the surface of your brain, barely swimming above the slush: That this could be the reason all the voices of the wood are subdued.

Beside you, Broly is equally enraptured. He starts to follow the source of the aroma, and you find it hard to resist the urge to trail after. It takes almost all your concentration just to remain standing in one place. As soon as you let slip your mind for a moment, sure enough you start to sway. Kinda like a zombie.

What will the undead you do?

As Marcelo entered the forest in excitement, he was trying to be alert to spot any movement or hear any sound around. If he saw anything, it would be his first ever encounter with a wild Pokemon. But as he kept walking, he couldn't hear a thing other than his own breath. 'There's definitely something fishy here... I could hear the sounds of Pokemon even outside the forest, but now I don't hear anything! How could this happen? Maybe Broly can help me find out!' he wondered as they kept going ahead hoping to see something.

"Hey, Broly... Can you hear -" before he could complete his sentence, Broly stopped in his tracks and started sniffing the air. "What, you smell something?" Marcelo started mimicking Broly trying to sniff around which kind of made him look like a fool. But it wasn't much later that even he started sensing a sweet fragrance. "Sugar plums... I smell sugar plums" muttered Marcelo sounding as if he was drunk. His muscles loosened as he stood like a monkey would, looking clueless. He tried to gather his mind. 'Has this got something to do with the sugar plums... buhh silence... I like the smell'. He couldn't focus his mind, nor could he control his body. It was as if he was in a trance.

Broly looked baffled too. His tongue salivating like no tomorrow. Instinctively, he started following the source of the fragrance. "Broly... huh?" Marcelo followed Broly without putting much thought. "Where... are... we... going, Broly?" but Broly was too enticed by the scent to respond and he kept going. With his muscles almost out of control, Marcelo followed his lead, swaying like a zombie. The more he tried to make sense of what was going on, the more he swayed.

Finally, he was able to focus his mind. But he fell on the ground while trying it. Trying to get up, he gathered his thoughts and saw that Broly was still going after the smell. "Broly, wait...." shouted Marcelo to break the silence. Broly stopped, and gathering his senses looked behind to see Marcelo on the ground. Realizing the situation in a split second, Marcelo shouted, "Broly... Roar!" He thought breaking the silence may bring themselves back to the senses and also possibly alert other Pokemon under the effect of the smell and probably even reveal the source of the Sweet Scent.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 02-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #549
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Roggenrola

Quote:

Rock Garden
blazeVA – Jamming to your internal soundtrack, you and Marche keenly make your way through the maze of imposing rock formations. With the aid of your brilliant innovation, you realize the Geodude’s remarks whenever he points out one that reminds him of a stone just like back home. Though you nod and voice agreement, the repetition of rock-related rants starts to grow dreary after a while, and you soon decide to crank up the volume on your brain to drown out the geology lecture.

As you begin to wonder if the two of you will ever come across something besides rocks, or at least a deviation from the topic – you trip over one yourself. Grumbling over having to hit pause on your favorite part, you stand up and aim to give the criminal a good kick. To your shock, however, the stone seems to instantly unravel and sprout legs, then an antenna. Rolling around, a hexagonal orifice in its center faces you, resembling an eerily large eye. However, it doesn’t seem to blink, when in fact such a hole serves as Roggenrola’s ear. It seems to be tuned towards you, highly intrigued. Almost as if waiting for something.

How do you react?

"Ba dum, ba dum, ba dum, Travellin' Jack...." Blaze remembers the song now, and begins to sing some of the lyrics instead. "Got a long way to go, got longer to come back..." He was happy as a bee on a flower singing his song, as it reminded him of his mother. He could almost taste her famous onion rings....

"This rock! I don't believe it! I could have sworn I had seen this rock back home."

'Ugh,' Blaze thought, 'Maybe coming to a place full of rock wasn't a good idea at all. But at least he is enjoying the place.'

"Yeah, I think I remember that one for sure!" He said a little too loud, nodding a little too heavy, but he could not voice his opinion on this rock-based drivel. He did not want to seem mean or grumpy. He liked Marche a lot, and did not want to see his feelings get hurt at all. He was practically himself.

It had been quite a few hours since they first stepped foot here, but already, Marche's constant ranting about the roocks of the area was seriously getting boring. 'There was THIS rock, and THAT rock, oh, and wait, THHHIIIISSS rock. Geez, how can he tell the difference? They ALL look the same to me.' Blaze waited for a change in the conversation, or at least, in the scenery. It was all rocks, except for the occasional burrow that they found in the ground that he stepped over with the skill of a mountaineer. "The rocks here are all the same composition, the same minerals...." Marche's voice was replaced with the jazz song ringing around in Blaze's head, going a little like this, "Oh poor Travellin' Jack. He came from California, but he don't know he gotta go right back...."

"AAAH!" Blaze yelled as he suddenly lost his balance. He slammed face first into the ground, while Marche stood nearby, apparently holding some sort of sign with the number "2." Blaze got back to his feet, and saw Marche's shenanigans. "Yeah, yeah, very funny there....." he grumbled, apparently not pleased with all that had happened. He turned around and saw the culprit. A rock. 'A rock. Oh yeah, oh all the things I could have tripped on, it was this GODDAMN ROCK!!!' He ran towards the rock, ready to kick it to far edge of the damn ocean if he had to. But, then, something happened. The rock grew legs. "Holy GodJesus!" Blaze yelled as he stopped in his place. 'Rocks don't grow legs. But I DON'T hallucinate.'

Then, the rock seemed to grow an antenna, and the, it seemed to unravel itself. 'This is not a rock. This is a POKEMON!' Blaze's face lit up with excitement at this, and he knew he had found a true gemstone. He fumbled with his Pokedex, but was able to pull it out.

Quote:
Roggenrola, the Mantle Pokemon.

Its ear is hexagonal in shape. Compressed underground, its body is as hard as steel.
The Roggenrola did not seem to be very hostile, and its large eye, 'No, ear,' seemed to be locked on to him. 'Maybe he is just curious, or hungry.' I turned back to Marche. "What do you think we should do?" "I think we should talk to him, see if he needs something." "Good idea. My thoughts exactly." I knelt down in front of the Roggenrola, and said in a small, hushed voice, "Hi little fella. You hungry?"

Team Post
Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #550
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:

Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151 – The water always invites play for Water Pokémon, and so your Squirtle is quick to lap up the opportunity. As he rejoices in the pools, your Pineco finds herself at home in one of the neighboring trees. You smile to see your friends at peace, but want of stimulation overtakes you. You attempt to subtract Neptune from the pond, but he and the water almost seem as one. With a sigh, you release the stubborn Squirtle, and watch him paddle cheekily to the other edge. Shaking your head, you angle towards the bagworm instead, who brightens to your tiptoed approach. Gently disengaging her from the branch, you decide to triumphantly crown yourself with her for a moment. She makes no objection, but seems rather comfortable.

However amusing this position may be, it’s not suited for adventuring,
and so you restore her to her Pokéball. Calling to the shell bobbing off the opposite shore, you receive no response other than a widening of distance. Growing anxious, you trail after Neptune, who appears intent on some purpose. A rushing sound first fills your ears, which deafens to a roar as you stand beneath the famous falls. A curve of dazzling colors inscribes the air above. You soak in the beauty and wonder of it all, before summoning Squirtle once more to follow you, promising even grander experiences. Rejuvenated, the two of you sprint off in search of your own form of glory.

It isn’t far before you come across an odd-looking sort of creature. A drooped bill, and webbed feet that drag the earth as it waddles ungainly towards a bunch of rocks. When it reaches them, it clambers up one awkwardly and squats, pronouncing a quiet quack that sounds almost like a sigh. The little ugly Ducklett appears to be a bit blue, literally. Following its gaze, you notice a group of Golduck sizing up their strength, both mentally and physically, against each other. Every so often they’ll toss sneering glances in the direction of the quarry, elbowing each other in the ribs as the Ducklett tries to duck behind a rock in time, or, failing that, underneath its wings.

What do you do?
Thanks, Yuki! Awesome updates!

Continuing on his trail blazing path, with his Pineco safely tucked away in the Daycare, and his Squirtle right behind him. It wasn't very long before Cele heard a noise in the distance. Being the curious person he is, he ran off to investigate. Not getting to far, he notices a strange creature in front of him, some kind of bird. It waddles behind a few rocks, in a weird way, emitting a funny noise, with a bit of sorrow in the 'quack'. Seeming to be looking in a certain direction, Cele checks it out, noticing a group of Golduck, laughing and pointing at the poor bird-like creature, as the creature hides under its tiny blue wings.

Knowing immediately that this was a Pokemon, Cele brought out his bright red Pokedex, scanning this Pokemon to find out what it was. Ducklett, a robotic voice said. The Water Bird Pokemon, it continued. These bird Pokémon are excellent divers. They swim around in the water eating their favorite food--peat moss. Wanting to find out about the Golduck, he once again scans them, as the device springs to life. Golduck. The Duck Pokemon. It is seen swimming dynamically and elegantly using its well-developed limbs and flippers. "So you're a Ducklett, are you? Those bigger Golduck must be teasing you." Cele observed. Picking a PokeBall from his belt, Cele tossed it into the air, releasing a Spoink, named Boing. "Boing and Neptune, I want you to talk to those Golduck. Explain their wrong-doings to them." Cele ordered. "If they try anything funny, Neptune, Tackle them, while you use a Psywave on them, Boing, but only if they're uncooperative." Cele ordered once again. Turning to the Ducklett, Cele patted it on the head. "You must be really hungry." Cele said in a quiet voice, as he pulled out a bright pink Pecha Berry, offering it up to the Ducklett.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!

Last edited by Celebii151; 02-07-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records