Old 05-10-2016, 04:27 AM   #101
dirkac
uhhhhh

Watch the news be Masuda saying "there will be at least 11 New Pokémon"
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:04 AM   #102
phoopes
Double Dragon

Do y'all know if the live events work on mobile? My computer won't turn on and it was supposed to start three minutes ago and it's not coming up for me

EDIT:

Well hey they were quick about uploading the video. I'm of the opinion that all three of the starters look pretty ugly (the water starter being the most tolerable) but the box legends rows are suuuuuper awesome. I also like te direction they took with the region and character design, the game looks amazing.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #103
Talon87
時の彼方へ

They didn't do a live this time. YouTube video's up. Comments soon.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:12 AM   #104
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Spoiler: show
Pretty obvious Hawaii/Generic Pacific Island region. Looks p dope. Probably gonna be a lot of water.

Looks like customization may be back.

New starters are all pretty dope. Way better than the last batch. Rowlet is best Starter.

Sun legend is kind of meh. Moon legend is kind of cool.

EDIT: Jap trailer shows choice in skin tone. Customization is probably a given.

THE HYPE IS REAL
Old 05-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #105
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Ok so first of all Hawaii theme? Cool!

Second of all HOW DO I DECIDE BETWEEN STARTERS

Like, Rowlet is cute and Grass/Flying is a super interesting type combination for a starter. If it evolves into a great owl similar to Noctowl only with like... idk more "oomph" then it'd be perfect to me.

Litten is a cute little kitty. Hopefully because it is a cute little kitty we won't see our fourth Fire/Fighting type. Most of the fire starters - if not all - are decently strong in their own way so Litten has some pretty big shoes to fill.

BUT THEN WE GET TO MY MAIN BOY POPPLIO. Another seal pokemon is pretty sweet! Although all I'm going on is that one showman-like animation it has, hopefully it'll stay sorta lithe and nimble (like the Dewgong line) and be a trickstery seal. If it becomes big and bulky like Walrein I won't complain - but then I wouldn't be able to recruit him into my random squad of performapokes~

The legends are awesome, as I hoped~

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:37 AM   #106
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

First reaction to the starters was a little off. Obviously Rowlet was a absolute stunner and Popplio didnt take long for me to grow attached to. Litten is a bit off for me, but then again i havent liked a fire starter since chimchar. So i think on pure cuteness Rowlet is the best, but when it comes to potential im going to go with my boy Popplio. I think we will see it transition into a water/fairy type, the playful nature of it is kind of a sign to me.

The legends were both pretty cool, although the Sun legend is an absolute beast. He is the lion pokemon we deserved, not silly pyroar. Also am i the only one who thinks the moon legend looks like cresselia gotta left in the daycare centre with yveltal?

Hawaii region im not sure how i feel about it. I feel like it could end up being quite similar to hoenn. But it does seem we have a cousin! that is kind of cool

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:51 AM   #107
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Some clearer art of the Professor just dropped

kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #108
phoopes
Double Dragon

Okay I've had a second look at things:

Rowlet is actually really cute I was terribly wrong about what I said before. Popplio is pretty good too. Litten though... Super duper ugly IMO. It's obviously too early to tell but I may go with the Grass starter for the first time ever because I like Rowlet a lot more than the other two. Of course, I liked Fennekin better than Chespin and Froakie but I ended up going with Greninja because I really did not like Delphox. We'll see I guess.

Still stand by what I said about the legendaries. I think I sliiiiightly prefer Sun's but it's neck and neck.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #109
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Grass starter is still the best for the seventh generation in a row. Inb4 first gym is ice. Also I love the Definitely Not Mega Pyroar on the Sun box
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #110
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
My thoughts:
Starters: Huh, not too bad aesthetically, they might be decen... Oh. Who the fuck thought Grass/Flying was ever a rational typing for anything? Other two are probably getting extra types on evolution, first look would imply Fire/Dark and either pure Water or Water/Ice.

Box legends: Moon one looks like something from a Kirby game, Sun one just looks awful.

Region: Pretty much Hawaii, which makes me think Unova tie-in (Unova was based in America iirc). Maybe the postgame? I'd love to see 3D Unova.

Release date: WHY DOES EUROPE GET FUCKED AGAIN?

For now, count me firmly in the Moon camp.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 05-10-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #111
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Rowlet is the best starter and the cutest thing since Chikorita. Hell, it might be cuter than Chikorita. Litten is the most underwhelming of the starters, and Popplio is pretty cute.

The legends both look kind of bad but man am I not really hyped for another lion. Moon all the way tbh.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #112
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

OK, question: Who thought it was a good idea for everyone but Europe to get it on the 18th? Because they're fucking stupid. We have to wait till the 23rd for NO REASON.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #113
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Awww its five days I think you'll manage.

It's not Fates, at least.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #114
deoxys
Fog Badge

Alright. Time to start spoilering stuff I guess.

Hawaii confirmed. Slightly disappointed, slightly interested, slightly let down it wasnt Singapore or Spain, mostly open minded.

That being said, I have never chosen a Grass starter first and foremost, and Rowlet is looking to change that so far. Popplio is a second for me, Litten a third, as Litten looks almost like a Fakemon to me. But I digress. Rowlet is the best.

Not sure how to feel about the weird bat legendary. Something tells me it's either gonna be Ghost/Flying or Dark/Dragon.

Maybe I'll post more thoughts later.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #115
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Please be aware that this video marks the start of our quarantine and you should confine Gen7 discussion to this thread. Thanks!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #116
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Awww its five days I think you'll manage.

It's not Fates, at least.
*chanting* JUST 10 MORE DAYS JUST 10 MORE DAYS

But yeah, I never got the point of staggered releases when they're within the same week. Like, after talking with a friend about the differing release days and the potential reasonings (copyrights, differences in censorship laws etc) having them staggered over months is explainable (although it is still intolerable and I did hate having to avoid spoilers like I did with Fates and SPMD) but like... 5 days? I'll manage, but I don't understand why.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #117
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I mean, if it was just what Nintendo considers as the 'big markets', ie America and Japan, it'd be understandable, but Australia before Europe? Does Nintendo really see Europe as being less profitable a market than Australia?
Old 05-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #118
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Not super sold on any of the starter or legend designs, tbh. The fire starter is alright I guess. We'll see how my opinion changes with time, on first reveal I wasn't a fan of most gen V mon either and that eventually became my favourite gen.

Hawaii/Pacific island setting is super cool though, as long as they learnt from RSE's water route problems.

Last edited by Concept; 05-10-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #119
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

First off, Alola region based on Hawaii. Freaking called it!

Second, the starters. They're all awesome, but I absolutely love Litten. Definitely made my choice in that regard.

Third, holy crap, those version mascots. Based on them alone I'm leaning towards Moon, but other version exclusives may change this yet.

Fourth, hell yes, customization is back, baby! Of course, it'd have been beyond stupid for them to remove it altogether, but then, we thought the same thing about other features that wound up not being permanent fixtures of the series.

Fifth, we can has release date! This year is just gonna crawl by... But holy crap! This revealed everything I expected it to and then some! I was expecting starters, version mascots, and a little gameplay- we got that, plus a region name and an exact release date!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #120
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

So here is my reactions to everything. Rowlet is adorable and arguably one of my most favorite starters design wise. Looks like the line is heading more towards Barn Owls, so I can't wait to see how the take it. Litten is really amazing, and again one of my favorite fire starters. Poppolio is the worst one for me, it just rubs me the wrong way with its design. It's going to be amazing, and I think will have an awesome final evo, but I like it the least. I think it's more of my love for the water starters as a whole so I had bigger expectations for it then the other two. Overall, starter wise, I can see myself using all three quite easily in my runs through the game.

The Sun Legend looks amazing. I love Lions and this guy is not a disappointment like Pyroar turned out to be. The Moon legend is so cool and mysterious. I love that it's a bat. I think this is the first pure mammal legend duo? (Most other duos with mammals have a reptillian counterpart) Which is quite awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of the legendary cast! (And hopefully it is not as paltry as XYs 6 legends)

I'm kind of ready for Alola. Really hope we get more Kalos lore tbh. Just, really hoping).

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #121
deoxys
Fog Badge

Looks like the region in the trailer...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...region/d2zyz75 - the starting island is almost definitely based on Oahu
Old 05-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #122
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

See, with the whole Sun/Moon day/night duality, I wouldn't put it past being linked to Unova.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #123
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Per Jeri's post, I will not use spoiler boxes in this thread beginning with my next post. Names, images, all of it. If you don't want to be spoiled (like me, after this month!), don't read this thread. That simple.

For now, though, thoughts in the spoiler box!

I absolutely adore Rowlet. Guys, you have no idea. So excited to have an owl again. We only had one owl line before now and needless to say it was super disappointing. Rowlet looks poised to fix all of that. An amazingly adorable basic form. Hopefully a really awesome and/or elegant final form. I wouldn't have thought Grass would be our next owl, of all elements, but I am stoked. First-pick starter for sure.

I like Litten a lot, but I 100% agree that it doesn't feel like a Pokémon and instead feels like a fakemon. So I'm in between, I guess. I don't hate it like half of you, but I agree with that half that the design doesn't seem to fit the franchise. Still, I think it's a neat design and I look forward to raising one of these too.

Popplio continues the trend of Water getting the shitty basic-stage starters. Three generations in a row now, I've seen the Water starter and felt like Water got shafted. Popplio not only looks kinda fakemonish (though not as bad as Litten), it just plain looks ugly and stupid. Sorry. I'm sure some of you love it and I don't mean offense. It just isn't for me.

Not a fan of either legendary. "Return to simplicity" my ass. They both look way overdesigned. Lion looks too much like Pyroar. Bat, was it?, looked new but overdesigned.

Hawaii, huh? Won't lie: I'm surprised. We returned to America after departing for Europe. Now Kalos feels even weirder to me. Like ... why didn't we just stay in America for several generations like we did Japan if we were going to come back soon anyway? If we were going to leave, then I feel like we should've stayed gone longer. This return to America seems unfair to other countries.

Above aside, I'm interested to see how they'll pull Hawaii off. Will it only have four gyms, one for each of the four main islands? Will it still have elementally themed gyms? Will water travel be an issue?

I was going to main Sun ... I think I will still do that but now for opposite reasons. I think the Moon legendary will be cooler/better, and that I would rather replay Moon than Sun. Before it was the opposite. And I might change my mind again in the future.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #124
deoxys
Fog Badge

Litten continues the fan theory that Fire starters are from the Chinese Zodiac:

(maybe someday I'll get that Minotaur Pokemon I've been wanting...)

edit: Answer my poll thing

Last edited by deoxys; 05-10-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #125
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Looks like I'm finally breaking my tradition of picking the fire starter because Rowlet is pretty much the cutest thing ever :'> (still hoping for a Sneugle Pokemon though, mirite Talon and Yuki???)

I'm picking Sun, I like both legendaries but Sun's reminds me of Sinistar xfd

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News