UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
[PROPOSAL]Bedlam Ridge: The (temporary) City Zone.

Greetings, folks.

What is listed in the spoiler box below is a draft of a temporary zone to open up for anyone to enter and update, to give this place some progressive life. This is currently in a proposal stage, and depending on the response of the public could become the first zone in the rebooted FB.

What I ask of you is three things.

1: Would any of you participate in this zone as a player, and do you approve of the story provided for each area?

2: Would any of you participate in this zone as an updator, with the knowledge that your skills may be monitored by the moderation and potential promotion to ZA? Would you be accepting of this?

3: Would any of you have any suggestions on the proposed zone? And ultimately, do you, as a member of the community, want the FFA Zone to be what has been proposed?

The hope is that the zone, if approved, will be up and running within a few days, and I'm genuinely curious as to the thoughts. There is plenty of potential for adventure in the setting, and I'm quite chuffed with how it has turned out.

Ahem.

Spoiler: show
BEDLAM RIDGE
The Temporary City Zone

Goldenridge City was founded over two hundred years ago as a result of the discovery of gold and other valuable minerals nearby. Over time the prosperous mountainside grew and developed, run by the Goldenridge Council, a quintet of like-minded individuals who sought to expand and grow the city with the riches within the open quarry mine. All was well and good, and the city seemed poised to become a central hub of trade within the region.

Alas, all good things come to an end, and the talons of Mammon would touch the hearts of the council. Debates on the use of the wealth soon led to infighting, and inevitably the scuffle led to three of the five laying in a pool of their own life oil. The surviving two fled to their own wards in Goldenridge, and the vacuum of power was never filled. Without the council to direct the laws of the land, the city descended into anarchy and riot.

The citizens who never fled found themselves trapped in the midst of a great turf war between two main factions: The Shells, outcasts of a sector of Team Rocket who reneged on the criminal group to strike out on their own, headed by Marquis Rigel von Argentus, one of the two surviving council members who bloodied his hands on his fellow peers. The Ribs, common thugs who revelled in the sudden turmoil and turned to hooliganism and looting, building their own fortunes off of others, commanded by a female known only as Piper.

The Goldenridge Marshals are the struggling police force trying to bring both the Shells and Ribs down, and restore order to the city under the orders of Lieutenant Kyle Vicefeder, who made the grisly discovery of the fall of the council. Elsewhere, the local population struggle with life under the chaos, be it theft from the Ribs, extortion and conscription from the Shells or trouble from other menial crooks seeking profit and fun in the decaying city now known only as Bedlam Ridge.

Will you be the one to join the fight against the gangs, or will the temptation of culture sway you to try and contribute to the conquest of the city by the Shells or Ribs? Or perhaps you may simply want to try and find fortune wherever it may be, one thing is for certain: You'll be in for the ride of your life, here in Bedlam Ridge.

Areas:

Marshal's Headquarters (Marshals): Situated in the relatively stable north, the headquarters of the police force is a large compound with tight security, home to the Goldenridge Marshals in their fight to restore the name of Goldenridge to bedlam. The force has recently started a campaign against the Shells and Ribs, seeking to push them out of the city once and for all, and are willing to accept mercenary support from trainers willing to help out in the fight. The reinforced location seems to be more attractive to pokemon who enjoy a sense of justice and honour. Reply in Silver.

Crystal Grove (Neutral): The upper-class section of the city has escaped most of the havoc that has plagued the others, due to its relative proximity to the Marshal's headquarters to the north-east. However, the southern end has seen some raids by the Shells, and the nobles have been troubled by their increased activity, and would be willing to allow those they deem worthy to help put an end to the rabble. The grove's natural plantlife and suburban gardens seem to attract forest pokemon more often than other sections. Reply in Magenta.

Crimson Sanctum (Shells): The once tranquil and revered Chalice Sanctum was conquered by the Shells when chaos erupted, and the cathedral sector is now under their iron grip. Located to the south-west, the expansive building complex is now a stronghold of the group, who seek to swoop into the vacuum of power and place their leader as undisputed Grand Duke of Goldenridge, at any cost. Their ruthless nature and determination means trouble for those who would cross them, but for those who wish to make something out of their deeds would be rewarded well. The link to the old Rockets means that some of the more dubious pokemon hang around the sanctum. Reply in Scarlet.

Bedlam Quarry (Neutral): Hotly contested by both the Marshals and the Ribs, the Goldenridge Quarry is the source of the gold and minerals that gave life to the town, and as such is highly valued as a source of funding for all groups. Found in the north-east, the open-cast mine goes deep into the mountainside, and there are still riches to be found as long as one is careful given the turmoil within. The miners have since fled, with only the foolhardiest and toughest remaining to maintain the machinery and extract minerals. The mountainous terrain is a haven to pokemon who enjoy the rocky locale, and there have been sightings of greedy pokemon too. Reply in Beige.

The Ribcage Mall (Ribs): To the south-east, the once-gloroius shopping district has all but collapsed into a hoodlum's haven of cracked windows, spray paint and the very home of the rebellious Ribs. Many of the stores have been long ransacked and looted, and the very air around the location is one of unease, with each corner potentially hiding a thug ready to leap out and rob you in broad daylight. The Ribs care not for domination and running the city, but rather see it as their playground and wish to expand into other locations, at the behest of their boss. Those who wish to try the life of a street gangster would do well to check the area out as they are always welcoming to new members, though crossing them will leave you in a sticky situation. Despite the state of the place, many urban pokemon have made the mall their home, enjoying the organised medley of craziness. Reply in Cyan.

Shanty Heights (Neutral): As with any city, upper and lower class are divided, and to the unfortunates of the Shiny Heights sector to the south, the Shells and Ribs have made the location their battleground. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, the people of the christened Shanty Heights struggle through life, trapped on all sides with their lives and livelihoods at stake, whether it be from the ruthless Shells or the rascally Ribs. What they do possess is companionship, and a yearning to flee the city as refugees, and will be willing to give whatever it takes to ensure their freedom from the bedlam. The pokemon who call Shanty Heights home are those who possess what the people do not: Freedom of movement and little worry for the battles around them. Reply in Violet.

[color=darkgreen]The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams (Neutral): The centrepiece of the city located fittingly in the middle, the Bastion of Dreams was the main government building, stretching into the skies, and where the Goldenridge Council met their bloody end. The enormous structure yet stands, but no side dares to contest for the obvious vantage for fear of what lies within. Legends state that the building was constructed above and around a shrine to a creature of unknown origin said to sway the minds of those who happened upon it. As a result, it is largely abandoned, and many of the valuable documents within are up for grabs, though rumours have it that the final survivor of the council resides within, watching the world crumble around her, with an enigmatic force keeping her safe. Even the deities know not what pokemon are brave enough to reside within, but one thing is certain: those who have ventured in...have never emerged again. Reply in Dark Green.

Last edited by Raves; 04-17-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #2
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Since rewards are presumed to count in this zone, with Pokemon and items being obtained, I propose a short application for community approval before someone is allowed to update in this particular temp zone. Something along the lines of:
To apply for updatorship of Bedlam Ridge, select an introductory post of your choice from the zone and reply to it with quote, update, and brief outline of your hypothetical plans for the adventure. If five (05) community members give your proposal the OK, you will be approved as an updator.
Quick, fast, easy. It's very similar to how WF vets updators.

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 04-18-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #3
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

I would very much enjoy this becoming a reality for the time being as someone who may be interested in updating once after the first two weeks of May are over and as someone who just wants a chance to rp in a zone in FB.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Personally I love the idea for this FFA Zone and if it stuck around I wouldn't complain at all. I would only join as a Player most likely, I don't feel like I would be reliable enough as an updater to meet anyone's needs

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 04-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #5
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

1: Would any of you participate in this zone as a player, and do you approve of the story provided for each area?

Absolutely. I love the idea of various factions existing within a zone, both criminal and lawful.

If we really wanted to, further down the line, updaters could coordinate or develop metrics regarding how powerful each faction is getting, how many trainers are being converted to each cause, what resources each faction has, based on the way storylines develop... This may be too close to WF, so Jeri would probably need to approve it if we went in that direction, but that would be SO awesome, I think. Not something we'd want to introduce right away, but something to think about.

2: Would any of you participate in this zone as an updator, with the knowledge that your skills may be monitored by the moderation and potential promotion to ZA? Would you be accepting of this?

Yes, and yes.

3: Would any of you have any suggestions on the proposed zone? And ultimately, do you, as a member of the community, want the FFA Zone to be what has been proposed?

I guess I answered the "suggestions" piece in #1... Bottom line, I support the creation of this zone.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I like this idea. I'd participate as a player, probably not as an updator. No suggestions come to mind, I'll be sure to edit this post if any come to mind, but as it stands right now, I'm liking what I see.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:38 PM   #7
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Having this as a specific FFAZ has its pros and cons. On one hand, you know what the setting for your adventure will be; on the other, it's not as open as some people might like. That being said, I have some interest and would be willing to give it a try, first as a player and maybe as an updater later on once I have a feel for how the zone works.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 04-16-2017, 11:44 PM   #8
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Yeah the use of the term "Free for all Zone" has caused confusion so we should probably stop using it.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 04-16-2017, 11:47 PM   #9
Heather
Naga's Voice

Oh man. This zone sounds cool as all get out, and I love the idea. I'm not confident in my ability to update anyone, so I'll leave that well enough alone, but the ideas presented are really cool.

also I volunteer to be first into the city council building

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #10
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
I haven't replied yet, so I'll do that now. As for those questions:

> Yes. I love the idea of the zone and I see some very interesting things to be done there for both my character and quite a few of the Pokémon on my team.

> If I had the time, maybe. But I don't, so no.

> Just get it done already XD
Old 04-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #11
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Thanks for the feedback folks, a decision has been made.

If the mods could close this thread and archive it, that would be good.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records