UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #301
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

And Kin chuckles to himself and says 'I told you so' about the movies.

I did post that here, right?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #302
phoopes
Double Dragon

I just looked. No, you didn't.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #303
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Dammit.

More proof of my position of Derpmienster.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #304
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
But what even gmoyes doesn't seem to realize, as indicated by his "you might be a movie star in this game :o" comment, is that this is something you do just like how in B1W1 you do the stage dress-up bullshit. Or like how in DPPt there was the bullshit put-fluffies-and-bowties-on-my-creatures-and-then-take-a-photo feature.
If we're putting fluffies and bowties on mechanical tyranitars and making them dance I AM SO MUCH GETTING THIS GAME
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #305
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by serebii
The first view of the Global Link for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 has been revealed. This view showcases that the Dream World makes a return within these games as well as a rebrand of the Battle Union. It announces that new Pokémon and areas will be in the Dream World, with a reduction on the time cut-off from 24 hours to 20 hours.
Okay, sounds legit...

Wait.

Quote:
One of these areas is called the Cool Hole.
Ay gurl, willya let me put my Onix in your Cool Hole?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #306
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
So, you lot seen the two leads (Boy, Girl)?

Spoiler: show
Delicious trap is delicious.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #307
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
>Delicious trap is delicious.

Doppel you pedo.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #308
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I mean, that trap card looks delicious, allow me to bust it with my Mystical Space Typhoon.

(that doesn't sound any better, does it?)
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #309
Talon87
時の彼方へ

What's funny is that you actually say 男の娘 (read the same way, otoko no ko) for boys or young men who crossdress as women. So the typo actually has both layers to it: the superficial layer of "lol they wrote boy instead of girl! Guess that makes her a tranny!" and the deeper layer of "lol what they called her is homophonous with what you'd actually call her if she was a tranny." [/reading into things][/the more you know]
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #310
deoxys
Fog Badge

Sometimes, this forum scares me.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #311
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

This forum? Or just Talon?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #312
phoopes
Double Dragon

Professor: Are you a boy or a girl?
Me: Boy.
Professor: Are you a normal boy? Or a different kind of boy?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #313
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Professor: Are you a boy or a girl?
Me: Boy.
Professor: Are you a normal boy? Or a different kind of boy?
Congratulations, this post was humorous!
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #314
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

The first few coro coro scans are leaked, and it seems that the Genie trio(tornadus, thundurus, landorus) are all getting new forms. I can't see it very clearly, but it sort of looks like a bird-type thing(akin to lati@s)

This is pretty cool, and was very unexpected at least by me. I'm excited to see what other unexpected additions will be made

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #315
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Huh. I didn't expect that. Though Tornadus seems to be the only one which is bird-like, from what I can see. I guess these formes are supposed to represent the more bestial Oni side?

Quote:
Next, Cheren is said to be a gym leader

OMFG YESYESYESYES THAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUU ALLLLLL MY DREAMS HAVE BEEN REALIZED. GAME FREAK. JUST. JUST. TAKE ALL MY MONEY. ALL OF IT. NOW.

So, Pokewood, eh? Pretty logical.
Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #316
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The list of cameos is pretty impressive. It's no HGSS yet, which was Cameo City, but it's probably the second biggest showing in the series' history with just the names revealed so far. And who knows what heights it will reach once the full list of cameos is revealed come launch day. One of the confirmed cameos will be especially interesting given the implications for the video games' universe's canon:

(spoiler tagging since this is pretty big and Kuno has mentioned not wanting to be spoilered ... though if he knows what's best for him, he's probably avoiding this thread altogether already ^_^;)
Spoiler: show
Giovanni is an interesting surprise. The question is: who will he be when he shows up? Will he be:
  • pre-RBY: the leader of Team Rocket or possibly not even yet having formed the organization?
  • during RBY: the leader of Team Rocket?
  • post-RBY: the former leader of Team Rocket?
Any of the three are possible afaik. Does B2W2 take place before RBY, during RBY, or after RBY? The answer to that question will determine what sort of Giovanni we're going to see in the game.

Then we take things one step further: regardless of the era he's in, in what capacity will this Giovanni be visiting Unova? Say it's pre-RBY, for instance. Will he be visiting as a tourist? Will he be visiting as the Viridian City gym leader on some sort of American-Japan ambassadorial trip? Will he be scouting out the region as he plans to go into crime? Who knows. The same sorts of varied possibilities apply to him if he's either already the RBY Giovanni or if he's the post-RBY Giovanni. If it's post, which I'm hoping that it is, then there's the very interesting possibility that he either ...
  1. ... is considering resurrecting the group (which I have to admit would be a shame, since I like Giovanni's redemption, but it would still have interesting implications for the franchise's lore)
  2. ... is there as something of a "I too was once a villain" criminal counselor who is there to try and help either N or Ghetsis or whoever change their ways. The possibility of Giovanni teaming up with the hero of B2W2 ... the possibility of fighting in a tag battle alongside Giovanni ... is a very interesting possibility indeed.
This is all wild speculation, but I think I've demonstrated that the possibilities are many and exciting with news of Giovanni's cameo. I just hope it won't be something similar to what we already saw in HGSS since, well, we already got that from HGSS. Plus that scene was more about turning fanon into canon anyway.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #317
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
It is post RBY. From RBY to GSC was three years and team rocket was disbanded. In Unova there was that grunt from Cerlean City with a family. And seeing as BW2 is two years after the first one- well you were I'm going with this.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #318
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

You guys are aware that the only things confirmed so far are the new forms of the Kami trio, right?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #319
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
You guys are aware that the only things confirmed so far are the new forms of the Kami trio, right?
Quote:
The original leaker of the magazine states that the magazine showcases [people]. This information is yet to be confirmed but we'll provide evidence either way as soon as possible
Why would the person who himself provided scans of the magazine lie about the remainder of their contents? That would be incredibly stupid. Still, you're right that we don't have scans of the rest yet.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #320
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Why would the person who himself provided scans of the magazine lie about the remainder of their contents?
Plenty of reasons. Some do make more sense than others but there are reasons (most would be personal) that could cause him/her to lie.

I was just trying to point out that the things people are excited about aren't confirmed true yet and they could be getting their hopes up only to be shot down.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #321
Talon87
時の彼方へ

No, you're right, but like I said: it would be very stupid of such an individual to provide a legitimate scan and to then lie about the rest. You're right that people in this world are sometimes psychotic and will lie about crap like this, but ... it would be really dumb. So dumb I'm willing to bank against it this time. If I'm wrong? Oh well. I think the far more likely outcome is that Serebii misreported and when he wrote "the person who leaked the scans" what he really meant to say was "the person who I got the scan JPEGs from fifth hand. I have no fucking clue who the original scanner was." That I could see happening, and that could then easily be a case for the non-scanned info turning out to be lies -- lies that Guy #5 in the chain spread but who Serebii Joe lied to us, the public, by implying he was Guy #1 in the chain. But if this guy really is Guy #1 in the chain, which is what Serebii Joe is implying, then I think it'd be incredibly unlikely for him to provide legit scans about half the info and then to lie about the other half.

But you are right that until we have the images, nothing's set in stone. In any event, I would relax about it: informed speculation is fun , even when it ends up proving to be a dead end. We had loads of fun with the B/W launch speculating about what the three starters were going to look like and which elements were going to go to which when all we had were their silhouettes to work with. I would see this cameo speculation as no different in terms of the fun behind it.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #322
phoopes
Double Dragon

I must say, I'm extremely impressed by this. New forms for other legendaries too caught me off-guard, and some favorites from previous games returning has me excited as well. It's probably the competitive battler in me, but now I'm just dying for the release of these games, haha. Though the update from Serebii said something about Pokemon AR Searcher... what is that? Never even heard of it before just now.

EDIT: Just looked it up, sort of seems like a Face Raiders sort of thing, except with Pokemon, and the ability to transfer those over to B/W2. Sounds cool to me.

Last edited by phoopes; 05-11-2012 at 03:53 PM.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #323
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Coro Coro just dumped.

Interesting news:
Cheren is Normal GL (I'm okay with that)
N is missing
Raijin trio have new formes, which make them look like a chicken, dragon and dog respectively.
Weird movie thing confirmed, though how it works is yet to be determined
Battle Frontier Tourney-type thing feat. a huge number of old GLs, mostly Kanto (though there's Volkner so far), including Lance, Steven and the Really Cool Dancer.
Bianca has a minor role in the start of the game
Only GL known to re-appear so far is Brycen, who seems to have something to do with "Pokewood". Can't tell if he's battleable since Icirrius is frozen over but I'd think so.

Not a ton of great stuff yet but they are pulling out the nostalgia stops for this one.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #324
deoxys
Fog Badge

>Pokemon World Tournament
>Battle every Gym Leader and Champion yet

>Fuck
>Yes

Next Pokemon Movie: Team Rocket and Giovanni, Dawn, Cynthia all in it. Of course, cramming way too many legendaries into it, too, but what else is new

Last edited by deoxys; 05-11-2012 at 11:37 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #325
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

>Next Pokemon Movie: Team Rocket and Giovanni, Dawn, Cynthia all in it. Of course, cramming way too many legendaries into it, too, but what else is new

TR, Giovanni, Cynthia and Dawn are going to be in the anime, not the next movie. Though I do agree on the "packing in too many legends".

Most of the new stuff revealed. Not crazy about new Kami forms or Cheren as a GL (I find him insufferable) but eh, gotta take the good with the bad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON