あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #302
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morg View Post
Went out for an early morning walk and discovered that a dastardly duo had gone around the neighborhood overnight and flipped all the gyms to Mystic. The nice thing is that they left them all at level 3 but with one slot still open. So I stocked them with as many of my laughably underpowered pokemon as I could to collect the fat defender bonus before the day's onslaught began. =3=
There is actually a 'meme' of sorts where people are flipping gyms to their teams and then just leaving Magikarps in the gyms they take
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #303
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I want to do that, but have them be like, level 1000 Magikarp. Is that possible? Is there a cap for weak or unevolved pokemon?

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #304
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

There's a cap for each specific Pokemon I think
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #305
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
I want to do that, but have them be like, level 1000 Magikarp. Is that possible? Is there a cap for weak or unevolved pokemon?
Magikarp's CP caps at 200, unfortunately.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:32 PM   #306
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, today, the local Gym was under Instinct control. Note my use of the past tense. After several tries, I took out their Nidoking and Nidoqueen, and claimed the Gym for Team Valor. As of right now, Flareon's still in there, alongside two Vaporeon and an Exeggutor. Hoping this time the Gym holds up for a little while, so I can at least claim a few defender bonuses. I'm so close to actually being able to afford stuff with PokéCoins!

Stocked up on even more stuff at PokéStops, but the catching was good today, so a lot of my Poké Balls got used up. And wasted in certain cases... Oh, and I got a few Eggs hatched. a 2km Egg gave me a Spearow, but a 5km Egg gave me my first Growlithe, and it's got decent IVs to boot! Also caught another Magikarp, got a few more Magikarp Candy stowed away. Getting there, little by little.

Gaining experience at a decent rate. I might even get to hit level 17 sometime tomorrow if all goes well.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:53 PM   #307
dirkac
uhhhhh

Pokémon Go has been having that "unable to authenticate" error the past week now.

It worked once in that time frame but never again.

Anyone have a workaround?
I've Reinstalled, connected to at least 20 different WiFi Hotspots, Updated PG, reverted to an older version of PG, but nothing is working.

Using a Samsung s4 if that means anything.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #308
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

My workplace just banned Pokemon GO lol.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #309
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
With Pokémon Go, we're back in high school -- in more ways than one.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #310
Mercutio
Banned

Mine really should lol.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #311
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
All of my direct bosses and half of my coworkers all play it. We have a Pokestop by the break room, too, so people frequently take a pit stop to spin and win... and three more on the other side of the building that people go out to put lures up on during lunch.

I don't see anyone ever banning Go here. Even the higher-higher ups are into it.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #312
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
Pokémon Go has been having that "unable to authenticate" error the past week now.

It worked once in that time frame but never again.

Anyone have a workaround?
I've Reinstalled, connected to at least 20 different WiFi Hotspots, Updated PG, reverted to an older version of PG, but nothing is working.

Using a Samsung s4 if that means anything.
What version of Android are you on
Old 08-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #313
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
What version of Android are you on
Old 08-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #314
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Is it a Trainer club account?
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:05 PM   #315
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Nothing huge happened today. Finally was able to get Haunter and Nidorina in my Pokédex- finally caught another Gastly, and also hatched a Nidoran♀, both of which gave me just enough of their respective Candy to get some evolutions done. Stocked up on Poké Balls as best I could, let's hope they last me at least until tomorrow. Oh, yeah- the local Gym? Team Valor controlled, but full. Had to level it up, which involved numerous extremely close training matches between my Flareon and the Gym's Hypno. Finally was able to leave Flareon there. I actually now have enough PokéCoins to afford either an Incense or a Lucky Egg, but I'm considering holding out until I can get enough to buy more Poké Balls- those tend to be the more pressing issue for me.

Very close to leveling up. With any luck, I'll be level 17 by this time tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #316
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Minor update- I have not only hit level 17, but have also, in the process, registered Wartortle in the Pokédex!
Old 08-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #317
deoxys
Fog Badge

So it looks like the Articuno that someone claimed to receive was real. Niantic just confirmed it on their Facebook, and said it was done so 'erroneously', and that they have removed the Pokemon from the account.

Didn't post about it sooner because I was vehemently against the idea that someone was given Articuno or managed to catch it, arguing that is was a re-skin hack instead. Time to eat my shoe (but really, how Niantic? Disgruntled employee decide to fuck around?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Minor update- I have not only hit level 17, but have also, in the process, registered Wartortle in the Pokédex!
Have fun from here on out, I just hit 23, and it took me two and half weeks to get here from Lv 17.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #318
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Freaking finally caught a Bulbasaur! First one I've seen since the Bulbasaur I started with! Still have yet to find a Charmander.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #319
Heather
Naga's Voice

Went out on the city tonight and boy was the catching good! Annapolis is Pokestop Heaven, so I restocked on balls a ton, and evolved some stuff to hit level 10 and get over halfway there. Hatched one of my 2k eggs and welcomed a baby Charmander into the world! And-FINALLY FOUND A DRATINI, literally the first of many things caught. Also have begun the Magikarp Travail. City Dock is a nest for those things, especially when the stops are lured, so drop on by if you need to snag some fish. Had a >300 Tauros run away on me, but no big deal as I got a >300 Fearow not long after anyhow. He doesn't quite match Crazybarks, but hey, it's not too awful. All in all it was a good night to PoGo out on the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:16 AM   #320
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Have fun from here on out, I just hit 23, and it took me two and half weeks to get here from Lv 17.
I found a gym defended by someone who was Level 32. That's got to take dedication.

Also, how do I determine which of my pokemon to transfer vs. which to evolve? Should I just evolve the highest CP of each one?

*munch munch* | FB Profile

Last edited by The Morg; 08-04-2016 at 01:43 AM.
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:56 AM   #321
Heather
Naga's Voice

Also hey MM I got the medal for 50 Pouson types caught last night, just thought I'd say~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 AM   #322
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Also hey MM I got the medal for 50 Pouson types caught last night, just thought I'd say~
Nice! I've gotten that myself, and it currently says I have... *checks* ...137 Poison-types out of the necessary 200 for the next medal there.

In other news, I haven't even done my walk for today yet and already things are looking beyond awesome because guess who found a SNORLAX this morning! I was down to just two Great Balls, so I was legitimately concerned that I might not get it, but I used a Razz Berry, threw a Great Ball, and got it just like that! Moreover, its IVs are extremely promising. Not absolutely perfect, but good enough for me! It's got anywhere between 77.8% and 80% perfection. CP is 1135, making it my second strongest next to Flareon. Finally, got something that stands a chance against those pesky Vaporeon!

Speaking of Flareon, if he can hold out in that Gym for another three and a half hours, I get more Stardust and PokéCoins!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:32 AM   #323
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
Is it a Trainer club account?
Yeah, it is.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #324
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
I found a gym defended by someone who was Level 32. That's got to take dedication.

Also, how do I determine which of my pokemon to transfer vs. which to evolve? Should I just evolve the highest CP of each one?
You can go about it two different ways.

1, transfer all of the lowest CP Pokemon of that species (this is easier and usually what I do)

OR

2, you can use this IV calculator to determine each Pokemon's IV (this is a longer process and requires more dedication, however, you may discover a Pokemon with lower CP has perfect IVs whereas a higher CP Pokemon does not).

Personally I don't care much about IVs in PoGo, but there are some situations in which I do. For clarification: When I finally evolve my Magikarp, I'm going to pick the one with as close to perfect IVs as possible so that I can eventually power it up to a perfect Gyarados. If my highest CP Magikarp doesn't have perfect IVs, it may tap out its max CP a few or serveral hundred CP lower than its max potential. However, if the Pokemon you evolve doesn't have the highest CP but has the best IVs, it will evolve to having a lower CP still... but its maximum potential overall is going to be better (sometimes significantly). So it more or less is going to require more dedication to power it up over time.

So, I only really do it with Pokemon I really care about; I'm perfectly content not having perfect IV Pokemon for the majority of my collection.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:58 PM   #325
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

>Team Instinct took over the local Gym

>First three Pokémon they got in there are low level Venomoth, Ivysaur, and Pinsir

Oh, Flareon's gonna have fun with this one. And now I got Snorlax for backup, too!

Oh, yeah- my walk today. Nothing special. Did manage to catch a Slowpoke and a Voltorb, added two new things to the Pokédex, but honestly, I think that Snorlax from this morning set the bar so high there was little hope of topping it. Caught another Magikarp, this one with actually decent IVs- my future Gyarados, I'm thinking. Either way, that's more Magikarp Candy stowed away for that fateful day.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-04-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON