UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #2776
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Granted, this needs to accompany something like quadrupling a player's life points to reduce the power of aggro decks. The Superior cards allegedly all have a +1000 ATK/+1000 DEF boost.
Do that and you effectively destroy an entire playstyle (burn decks) until such time Konami sees fit to reprint "modern Burn for a modern era."
Old 12-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #2777
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Well the extra deck being boosted is nice...but Superior is just dumb as hell. Superior Grapha(actually I have no idea who this would work O.o maybe we will get our no-banish, trap-negating secondary effect monster), Superior Judgment Dragon(also known as CED 2.0, you know its true), Superior BLS, Superior Trish, Superior Big Eye.

I'm going to burn my Yugioh cards now.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #2778
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Ok, reaction time!
>the main guy is already a duel champion

Ok, I can deal with this namely because "IM GUNNA BE BEST DUELIST" motive was annoying me.

>the monsters ARE REAL and live with you in your house

OH COME ON IT'S NOT LIKE WE HAVEN'T DAYDREAMED HOW COOL THIS WOULD BE ONCE IN OUR LIVES.
No? Just me? Um....

>main guy rides a hippo. Yes, card games on hippos.

Hippos are cooler than Motorbikes. Can deal.

>the monster zone is expanded from 5 to 8

Psssssst. Konami. I'm going to let you in on a secret. When we say "Oh I wish we had more Monster Cards on the field.", it's not because we need them, It's because we are massive dicks who wanted to smash some kids face in with every DR Monster + Big Eye and Red Eyes at the same time. Do not wantm

>the new card mechanic is a clone of Mega Pokemon. It's called "Supereior" and you basically upgrade any monster (XYZ, Synchro, Effect) with the card out of the Extra Deck.

So, Superior Stardust Dragon, Superior Laggia, Superior BLS, Superior Dark Armed Dragon. And so on

No. Just no.

>Extra Deck to be raised to 20 from 15

I fail at filling my extra deck to max when it was at 15. This... Oh dear.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #2779
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I'm going to be sad no more XYZ support. I definitely needed more Rank 5 XYZs.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #2780
Emi

I'm surprised you aren't happy about monster zones becoming 8. That makes Skeleton so much better.

EDIT: It is still likely we will get XYZs Dopple. We still have been getting Synchros, just not nearly as many.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #2781
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

With all the Ranks, though, it's unlikely Rank 5 will be expanded over Rank 3/4 which are more common/popular. Most of the higher ranked cards aren't generic but Rank-Up fodder, meaning they'll probably never be used, ever, once ZeXal ends.

It's true Synchros have gotten some nice support but their playstyle has always been to take advantage of different levels, meaning each card is effectively live. Not the case with XYZ that have hard-coded deck dedication.

I'm not sure how to feel about the expanded zone, it certainly makes it a lot easier to Synchro spam over Librarian, but it also portends bigger spams of stronger monsters.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #2782
Char
Banned

wtf
Old 12-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #2783
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
A trailer for YGO Arc V was released, and here's some basic info apparently gleaned from it:

-the main guy is already a duel champion
-the monsters ARE REAL and live with you in your house
-main guy rides a hippo. Yes, card games on hippos.
-the monster zone is expanded from 5 to 8
-the new card mechanic is a clone of Mega Pokemon. It's called "Supereior" and you basically upgrade any monster (XYZ, Synchro, Effect) with the card out of the Extra Deck.

So, Superior Stardust Dragon, Superior Laggia, Superior BLS, Superior Dark Armed Dragon. And so on.

I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing so hard at this silliness.
In a totally animé-only opinion they should really let it go. I mean they haven't really managed to form a good series since the first half of 5Ds, which even then ended up ruining all of its hard work with a never-ending tournament arc and not caring about developing their characters any more. Which was a shame because that opening arc right through to the Dark Signers, if you managed to overlook the motorbikes that is, was really powerful and gripping.

I only managed to stomach about ten episodes of ZeXal because it was just so flat. Like it had snazzy monsters and all that, but there was no heart, no decent characters and nothing was really going on. Even the duels weren't actually that intense. And you can just tell right off the bat that this will be the same :/

On the technical card game side, I haven't played properly in a long time but increasing the field from 5 to 8 just seems like the silliest decision ever :x
Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #2784
Sneaze
Mrow?

I was unaware that even the smallest bit of 5D's was good. Honestly I lost interest a good ways in to GX.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 12-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #2785
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Well, the new cards are added. That was fast. I guess they got leaked.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #2786
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #2787
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Sometimes I question myself why I run Volcasaurus, because I am a pretty big fan of Leoh, the Level 10 Synchro. Making Volcasaurus doesn't really increased my card advantage and it's kind of a situational card, while Leoh could be summoned with far more consistency.

Then I get situations like this...

...and I'm reminded XYZs aren't that bad.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #2788
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>Monster Zone Expanded
>Extra Deck Expanded

Hi I'm Kin and my official position as of this point is that these are the two biggest changes, especially that second one. The former one lets me do all kinds of hilarious things, though. Oh, the times I wished I had one more monster slot...

Superior monsters aren't really a copy of Mega Pokemon. What they are is a copy of how the Pokemon TCG handles evolution... Except better. Rather than needing the second card in your hand, you can pull it from your extra deck, which as anyone who's played the PTCG will tell you... Is a big deal. A really big deal. Here's hoping they're smart with what monsters they give it to (SUPERIOR LAVALS AND SUPERIOR GUSTOS PLZ).
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #2789
phoopes
Double Dragon

>new toys

sigh I might need to try this whole new thing out once DN updates with the changes
Old 12-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #2790
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I faced a guy in Unlimited who was running a bunch of broken cards:

-two Sixth Sense
-one Last Will
-one Glow-Up Bulb
-one Witch of the Black Forest
-two T.G. Hyper Librarian

I had two set CEDs set and a Maxx "C" in hand and ended up drawing eight cards because he tried to Quasar through it. But I bounced both Librarians so all he got was a +1 off of a Formula Synchron, after burning Spore's special summon. 4 in hand with a Formula on his field and a mostly worthless grave (save Glow-Up Bulb), versus 13 in hand for me. It was kind of unlucky because after looking at my next three draws, they were all Effect Veiler.

Then he triggers Sixth Sense and mills: Lonefire Blossom, Sixth Sense, Monster Reborn

Then he quits. I didn't even get to summon anything!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #2791
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Big talk.

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #2792
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

You didn't even get to see why you were done, now we're left in suspense.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #2793
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
I only managed to stomach about ten episodes of ZeXal because it was just so flat. Like it had snazzy monsters and all that, but there was no heart, no decent characters and nothing was really going on. Even the duels weren't actually that intense. And you can just tell right off the bat that this will be the same :/
Zexal's second season was written by the guy who did the Dark Signers for 5Ds.

It is significantly better than the first Zexal.

Plus card games on the moon.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say that I have no idea what any of the new cards from the last few packs are and I probably couldn't duel to save my life.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #2794
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This guy gets me down to 300 LP after five rounds of trying to tread water, and I finally draw Doppelwarrior and open up a can of whoop-arse:

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #2795
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

New format ho!

I've gone 2-6.

The most common deck right now is Gimmick Puppet. I've played

v. Gimmick Puppet (L)
v. Mermail (L)
v. Gimmick Puppet (L)
v. 4-Axis Fire Fist (L)
v. Photon (W)
v. Zombies (L)
v. Agents (L)
v. Machina Puppet (W)

The Photon guy was probably the only "real" duelist I beat fairly. The Machina Puppet player was a newbie and I only got him because I was sucking so hard. I enjoyed that match...I ended up using Volcasaurus to pop Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon

The biggest problem now is inconsistency, since my disruption lineup has been otherwise pretty good. I've only summoned Librarian through Doppelwarrior once out of all the games. I think I'm going to take back Armory Arm just because the frequency of BLS in hand, Level 4 monsters and an open attack position monster is rather high.

Incidentally, Mezuki at 3 is RIDICULOUS. Along with Silent Honours, it's insane field presence when combined with Zombie Master. Dark Hole also needs to be banned.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #2796
Emi

>Dark Hole needing to be banned
>Mezuki at three being ridiculous
>Silent Honors being incredible

I think I'm getting good at this YGO thing. *shot*

3 Mezuki is literally like sex. Basically, you can just keep rebounding and making huge ass plays with him. My zombie deck can pump out 3+ Level 8s because of him. He just makes the deck.

Also, 3 TG in Dark World is just....yes. Just yes.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #2797
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm probably just butthurt about Dark Hole. The early duels I had it was played every turn after I made a push (like turn 3-4) which is god dang ridiculous.

Mezuki though, in the game I played against the Zombie player, was outright nuts because of Lavalval Chain dumping it in huge quantities. And even then, I wouldn't have lost to the Zombie duelist if I didn't have to defend against Dark Hole. I killed two Number 104's in a row and still lost to a Red-Eyes Zombie.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #2798
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

To give some perspective on how annoying and ridiculous the Dark Hole rates in the game are...

Literally Turn 4.

Turn 7. I only won because he played defense for some reason when all I had out was Librarian and a dead Raigeki Break.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-01-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #2799
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

WOOO! One of the legit times I've won playing through Maxx "C"! Against Mythic Rulers no less!

I popped one of the guy's S/T with Scrap and discovered it was a Trap Stun, meaning he ran no fearful backrow. So I could make my push without fear. Even if he had Gorz, that wouldn't have saved him from destruction since I had Volcasaurus in the pocket.

The only reason I didn't back down from this was because my hand had quite possible the strongest monster lineup (with two Chaos, Tricky and Junk Synchron/Doppelwarrior) so I was fine with over-committing, worst happens is a Torrential which I could deal with given that hand.

What's tragic is I lost to the guy before him, who was a lot worse, but that guy got lucky and milled 4 Lightsworn on his first turn, then milled another Wulf and double dropped Judgment Dragon on me.

Note to self: when the Extra Deck expands, I will have to include Zenmaioh and Leoh, both borderline cards here but definitely worth the toolboxing if the option permits. Without Scrap, and Stardust instead, Zenmaioh and that lineup make 8100 exactly.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #2800
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Primal Origin cards are being revealed. I think this one is close to what I was asking for:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_...iem_in_Berserk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikia
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters.
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish all cards in your opponent's Monster Card Zone or Spell & Trap Card Zone.
Once per turn: You can target 1 other face-up monster you control; equip this card to that target. The equipped monster gains 2000 ATK.
If this card is Xyz Summoned by Ranking Up "Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk", it gains these effects.
● While this card is equipped to a monster, if the equipped monster battles a monster, that monster's effects are negated. ● While this card is equipped to a monster by its own effect, if the equipped monster would be destroyed or if you would take damage from a card effect, you can send this card to the Graveyard instead. During your Main Phase, if this card was sent to the Graveyard by this effect: You can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.
The Rank-Up effects are pretty bad, but the general effects just from summoning it normally are really good. If the Extra Deck expands, this is my new Quasar. It doesn't fit right now because of the cost, but holy crackers does it look good.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment