UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones

Old 10-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #51
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Callum blinked for a moment at the exchange between the Mimikyu and Gulpin. While it was a rude question, that curiosity was on his mind. Whenever he chanced on Brulee eating, he'd see the young Pokemon drag the plate beneath his Raichu cloak, make chewing noises, and then drag out a clean plate. He knew the species were very... proactive about not being revealed underneath their cloaks. That they view themselves as hideous monsters and would resort to any means necessary to not only be beloved but also not scare people to death.

He heard Percy chuckled awkwardly at the exchange, realizing his boyfriend was a little uncomfortable with the topic. He was pretty squeamish, and his bashful nature made him not really appreciate more disturbing topics. He was shy enough already, he didn't want to learn the personal secrets of people he didn't know. And that was enough for the Plusle to bury his head into his boyfriend's chest.

"It's okay Perce, they've moved on," the Minun reassures. He then looks at the duo and nods at Nuzzle's acknowledgment of the food at hand.

"Well, let's talk about something else. Oh, I know!" he looked at Nuzzle first. "Are you with someone? I've never heard about Brulee's father. Not that I'm really privy to Leo's team. Sandy, the Dedenne who made this picnic for us, was with him for a time. Though, she eventually found herself more at home with our trainer Ethan..." the Minun trailed off. He then realized he was kind of rude, and looked a Rhubarb.

"Right, this probably would be a relevant topic for you, would it?" he then flashed a mischievous grin. "Though, if you do like any would I'd love to know~"

He then felt Percy remove himself, and lay down on his lap. The Plusle was curled from the side, resting his head in a way that he could still see how two guests. Callum realized he still had the opportunity to hide if needed, but at least wanted to try and be nice.

"Once, uh... we're done talking... We can enjoy some cookies," the Plusle mumbled, beginning to become flustered by being around strangers for too long.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:55 PM   #52
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Rhubarb had indeed been rude in asking about how Nuzzle ate, and seemed to regard Percy's reaction with a very apologetic expression - however, Callum had the good grace to gently move the conversation along, and shift gears to something that might be more amenable to the group.

The father of Nuzzle's child - much like the child himself - was neither edible, nor known to Rhubarb. So many Pokemon she did not know! Perhaps she would know them, one day.

When the conversation turns to her - regarding anyone she might be interested in - she shakes her head vehemently (which is more a full-body shake, given her anatomy).

"Oh, no. No, I am not interested in anyone... None of the Pokemon on my team are, really. We are fortunate in that way." The little Gulpin sighs. "I know little of romance, except that my trainer loved someone once, very, very much - more, even, than I love food, if you can believe - and whenever someone so much as mentions him, she looks like she has the worst stomachache you could ever think of." Rhubarb gulps nervously, the fear of such a fate clear in her eyes. "I don't want that to happen to me!"

~*~

Ysayle considers Laugh's question for a moment. "Loud noises... Well, my ice face insulates my ears somewhat - in truth, I rely a great deal on lip reading and keeping close proximity to others when they speak - so I would say I do better than most, unless it's an exceptionally loud or very high-pitched noise. Anything that could break glass, I would not do well with, I think. Otherwise..." Ysayle shrugs. "Loudness concerns me very little."
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:49 PM   #53
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The subject turned to that of romance, and Rhubarb explained that while she herself wasn't interested in anyone in that way, her Trainer once loved someone, loved him very much, to the point where the very mention of this man's name was painful for her to so much as hear. Nuzzle found herself wondering just who this Gulpin's Trainer was, and who she loved so dearly. The tale sounded like a sad one indeed, and she hoped that all would go well for this mystery Trainer.

But for right now, the subject had turned to whoever the Mimikyu had in her life, and her eyes lit up at the prospect of talking about this. Not in that creepy way that you get from a Mimikyu when it's pissed off or trying to attack you, but in a pleasant way. "O-oh, yes, I- I am still with his father," she nodded. "Crabbe is... wonderful," she sighed, in a tone that made it clear that whatever mouth she possessed was surely smiling. "He's a Swalot that I, um, met one night, n-near the Hatchery." She had immediately decided against telling the whole and complete truth about how exactly Crabbe came to be there, for that would entail giving away the secret identity of the famous Captain Stomach, a breach of trust that Nuzzle was determined to never commit. "He... he looked tired, so I... I invited him to rest, g-gave him some food to eat... I... I had fallen in love with him at first sight," she admitted. "B-but I didn't let myself think it could ever... happen. I... I don't have the... highest opinion of myself," she confessed. "S-so I was sure that nobody else could, either... b-but Crabbe, he st-stayed with me, f-for four whole weeks. We... we had such a good time... B-but eventually the subject of returning to his Trainer came up. I... told him he should go. I... I didn't want to stand in the way. B-but he begged me to come with him," she added. "I... I couldn't believe it. He... he had told me about someone he had loved and lost once before, someone he missed his chance to tell how he felt... he didn't want to make the same mistake again. He told me he loved me. And... he told me that his Trainer, or at least one of his friends, would s-surely welcome me onto their team. I... oh, it all sounded too good to be true," murmured Nuzzle. "B-but yes- I went with him, and we arrived at the house of- of Keith Masters, Crabbe's Trainer. And he- he would have caught me, b-but, one of his friends, T-Terri Alph, she had seen me. She and I m-made fast friends. A-and once I was assured that the two lived near each other, th-that I could still see Crabbe whenever I wanted... I agreed to go with her," the Mimikyu finished. "Crabbe and I, we... we're still together. We're... we're so happy with each other..."

~~~~~

Laugh listened as Ysayle explained that she did better than most with loud noises, unless the loudness or high pitch was to the level of shattering glass. At this, the Froslass smiled. "Then this should be fine," she said. "I've never known him to break glass. Or at least, not without actively attempting to. Let me give the signal he said he would be looking for..." And she raised the arm not currently wearing the intricate ice bracelet, pointed it skyward, and charged up and launched an Ice Shard straight up into the sky. Just as it stopped climbing, Laugh then followed up with an Ice Beam, which struck the Ice Shard as it began its descent, resulting in an impromptu frigid fireworks display.

The results were next to instantaneous. In the distance, the rumbling of what sounded like a motorcycle engine could be heard. Distant at first, but it was steadily growing louder, as though its source was getting closer and closer. And just as it sounded as though it was right nearby, that's when the Mr. Mime rolled in, riding on what appeared to be absolutely nothing. His stance implied a motorcycle, which of course worked with the accompanying noises. Sitting behind the Mr. Mime and holding onto him was an Amped Toxtricity, and clinging to the Punk Pokémon's back was a small Toxel. "HELLO, LAUGH!" boomed the Mr. Mime. "READY TO GO BACK HOME ALREADY?"

"Yes, please, Perform," nodded Laugh. "My new friend is interested in seeing my ice sculpture, so if you could please take us back to Sludge Wave Coast? This is Ysayle, by the way," she added, gesturing to the Eiscue. "She made me this," she added, showing Perform the intricate bracelet.

The Loud Mime jumped down off of the invisible motorcycle and took a closer look at the bracelet for a few seconds before standing back up. "BY THE HORNS OF XERNEAS!" boomed Perform. "TRULY THE WORK OF A SKILLED ARTIST! IT IS LITTLE WONDER TO MOI, THE LOUD MIME, THAT YOU TWO HAVE FORMED SUCH A FAST FRIENDSHIP! I HAVE NO DOUBT, YSAYLE, THAT YOU WILL BE IN FOR A REAL TREAT! LAUGH IS FAR MORE TALENTED THAN SHE GIVES HERSELF CREDIT FOR! AH! BUT WHERE ARE MY MANNERS?!" he added. "I AM PERFORM, THE LOUD MIME! AND ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, ROXIE, AND OUR BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER, CACOPHONY!" he added, motioning to the Toxtricity and Toxel respectively.

"Yo!" grinned Roxie. "Good to meet ya, Ysayle!"

"Hi," Cacophony added surprisingly quietly, waving happily to the Eiscue with the one hand she could justify freeing, still hanging onto her mother with the other.

"NOW, THEN," Perform continued, getting back onto the motorcycle. "JUST STEP INTO THE SIDECAR, AND I'LL HAVE YOU ALL TO SLUDGE WAVE COAST IN TWO SHAKES OF A FLAAFFY'S TAIL!" To emphasize the point, he patted the thin air next to the motorcycle, making metallic thudding sounds that implied he was patting something very solid. Evidently, this was something Laugh was used to, for she floated over, and after only a few seconds of feeling around, opened up a door of some sort, and motioned for Ysayle to step inside.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:45 PM   #54
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

The Mother Tree. Apparently, this was the place to be for any Pokémon worth their money, according to what Thorn heard her trainer tell her about five minutes ago before going off to some shrine or something. She'd probably had known about it sooner if she wasn't such a loner back at the park, but it wasn't like she cared enough to actually reach out. As long as the sun shone and the Weedles weren't hungry, she was happy. Up until she was caught earlier this week, but whatever.

So, here she was. Just her and that Porygon thing that Elijah kept calling "Epoch." And a whole bunch of hollows and stuff to check out, but getting Epoch off her back came first. The digital Pokémon hovered nearby, probably waiting for some sort of nerd to come fix it or something. She wasn't really that good with computers, seeing as the only ones that she ever saw were in the hands of passersby that she couldn't even begin to comprehend.

"Okay Epoch, we've got time to kill, so I'm going to go take a look around. You fine on your own?"

"?!!!!??! ?!!??!?! ?!!!??!!"

"...Yeah, I'm sure you'll manage. Go and computer at whoever you want."

"?!!?!!!! ?!!?!?!! ?!!????! ?!!!!??!"

That Porygon is indecipherable, Thorn thought as Epoch hovered away to some random spot that she didn't care about. Lord knows what's up with that bitbrain. Probably lost the part that made it speak in actual coherent sentences when it rolled off of that infernal assembly line. It wasn't her problem, but boy, it sure would be nice if that thing stopped bleeping at her every five minutes. Sure beat listening to Elijah try to pretend that he had everything together for the fifteenth time today.

Oh, Elijah. Thorn had heard about trainers before; they'd forever take you away from your home, but you'd get the luxury of being one of the strongest things you've ever met, and that trainer would be the guy that told you how to do it. Turns out that she probably knew way more than her trainer ever would; that guy pointed his encyclopedia thing at a Krabby. A Krabby! Everyone knows what those scuttle-butts are. The only reason that she's still at his side is because she actually kind of felt sorry for him. That, and he saved his life, but to be honest she would have probably fought off that Spearow herself if he didn't intervene.

Either way, it felt liberating to be on her own for the first time in a while. Sure, there was the issue of still legally being bound to him, but exploring this tree sure was better than being ordered around by some kid who really should get the hint about how training actually works any day of the week.

So, what now? Probably stretch her legs... or whatever these tiny little stumps were supposed to be. Whoever cursed the entire Fomantis species with not being able to move around that well until she evolved will pay, but that was definitely not something to worry about right now. There was so much to see, and so little time to do it in. She had to start somewhere, and that somewhere would be... that little shady spot over there. Best to start small, Thorn supposed.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:09 AM   #55
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The same old story- Trainer typically spends time with their Pokémon, Trainer has reason to go without them for one reason or another, Trainer drops off team at Tree Grove. Such was the case with Elijah's Pokémon today, and the Porygon and Fomantis seemed content with doing their own thing here, separate even from each other for the day. Well, the Fomantis seemed like this, anyway- with the incoherent Porygon, it seemed pretty much impossible to tell. And with Epoch and Thorn having parted ways for the time being, the Fomantis headed off for a small shady spot relatively close by, likely due in part to the limited mobility of her kind. It certainly looked enticing, too, so it was little wonder Thorn chose to start there. Nothing but peace and quiet, an ideal place to relax...

"...yeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"

Well, so much for peace and quiet, am I right? Accompanying this excited yelling was the particularly pointy fish it was coming from as it drew closer and closer. Cloaked in a veil of swirling water, an Arrokuda came flying in from the general direction of the lake, whereupon it rammed the trunk of the tree responsible for the shade with great force, stabbing it with a remarkably pointed jaw, and rather impressively, allowing the Aqua Jet to dissipate as he stayed right where he was.

"Haha, yes!" the Arrokuda laughed. "Right through the bark this time! Oh, now that was good!" Following this, the Rush Pokémon wriggled around, clearly in an attempt to free himself from his arboreal accommodations, only to remain stuck in the side of the tree. "Gah... Uh... Heh, didn't know I was that good," he chuckled nervously. He tried wriggling free a second time, and was every bit as successful as the first time, which, to put it mildly, he did not find especially encouraging. "Hoo, boy... Uh... Dratini?" he called. "You caught up yet, buddy? Kinda... kinda stuck here, Dratini! ...Dratini?" he called out once more, almost whimpering by this point. He waited a few seconds, but nothing. And when no Dratini or anything of the sort made its presence known, Arrokuda looked around, now somewhat frantic, until one of his eyes found Thorn, said eye subsequently widening as it dawned on him he did in fact have some manner of company. "Ooh! Hey, uh, howdy," he greeted the faux mantis (so you see where the species gets its name, there). "Uh... this is awkward, but... I'm kinda stuck here," he said sheepishly. "I mean, it's cool that I was able to hit the tree this hard- imagine what I'll be able to do to my enemies in battle with that much momentum behind my Aqua Jet! But ah, uh, yeah, um... Little help? Please?" he asked. He was a little ways up off the ground- probably a bit beyond the reach of a Fomantis on the ground, if not by especially much, but still enough that he still had a worried look in his eyes.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #56
Lil'twick
Insanity

Callum listened with a disinterested gaze. Why did he ask this question, when the results would just be so drab. The Gulpin had no interest in the topic, eyeing more food while giving her reflective answer. Meanwhile, the Mimikyu went on her whole nervous spiel. Not really interesting to say the least. If there was anything actually spicy, he would've immediately caught onto it.

"Well, It's only right... If we tell them," Percy stated, looking up at Callum from the Minun's lap.

"No reason why not," Callum gave him a small shrug and cheeky grin. "Go on ahead babe."

"M-Me???" The Plusle stammered, hiding his face with his hands. "I guess."

"So, it's a lot simpler than you think. Well, so, uh, um... How do I put this into words without embarrassing myself? So... Okay let's go. We actually met each other in the Hatchery, but not in the same way as you and Crabbe Nuzzle," Percy began the Plusle nervously sputtering out words before collecting himself.

"You see, we both hatched around the same time, and while in remissionary care we formed a really strong bond. Of course, my trainer picked me up as soon as I was ready to leave. Callum, on the other hand..."

"I was abandoned, simply put. My trainer never came, and I started to lash out to get attention. The nursery tried to foster me out, but I ended up always driving those trainers mad with tricks and jokes. Weird, for a Minun to be more outlandish and mischievous, but that's just how I was," Callum spoke up, adding in his own take.

"He, uh, ended up not finding a good fit of a trainer. No one that could really handle him by himself. Even when he was paired with other Plusle, they fought constantly," the red mouse continued.

"Yeah because most of them were assholes."

"I know, I know. So, my trainer was looking for a Minun for me for a while. Cliche, I know, but our species are just too complementary for each other. There are some outliers who really don't want to form that pair, and it's a respectable choice. Still... When he caught word there was one in the Adoption Center," Percy continued the story, seeming to ignore Callum's moodiness.

"It took them about eight months of moving me around to finally just drop me off. At least the staff there is use to dealing with homeless Pokemon..." Callum sighed, filling in the gaps that Percy didn't mention.

"Yeah... Still, my trainer brought me with him to the AC to see if I'd like the Minun there. It was shocking, realizing instantly that it was the same Minun I was inseparable from for that short period of time. And well, we've never been apart since," the Plusle stated.

At this point, the red rodent touched his neck, pulling out a Soulmate Pendant that was hidden beneath his fur. A mark of a pair that would never leave each other's side, no matter what.

"Even put us into Valentine's Balls when he saw our reunion. And, well, I'm happy too," Callum snickered.

"Anyways! Enough of this sappiness. Let's have some cookies!" The blue rodent exclaimed, digging through the picnic basket. The Minun pulled out a cookie the size of his head and looked around at the group.

"Looks like we have a dozen of each one. How that Dedenne managed to carefully place them in there without them breaking is a miracle. Anyways, we have a triple chocolate chunk, a white chocolate macadamia nut, and then a ruby chocolate chip. Let me know what you ladies would like."

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-18-2021, 06:30 PM   #57
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

You opened up your heart to all the things you feared before...

Normally, Rhubarb would not be terribly interested in ramblings unrelated to food and friends, but something about the way that Nuzzle stutters and swoons over this Swalot named Crabbe catches the Gulpin's interest. She had heard before of this thing known as love... Oroitz had given strict orders to her and Ysayle, she remembered. They were never to venture out on their own outside the Tree Grove, especially to the Sludge Wave Coast, which was forbidden. They were to be polite and well-behaved to strangers, making no spectacles of themselves save for Ysayle's art, which in itself was often spectacle incarnate. They were never to mention their trainer's name to anyone, even if asked. And, most of all... Most, most important... They were to keep their hearts guarded against those who might threaten to steal them away. Love is a gamble, he had snarled in his crowlike language, and the House always wins.

Yet, Nuzzle seemed quite happy with this love of hers - no stomachaches. If anything, she seemed to be filled with something - some intangible, wonderful thing, that she could not see - and Rhubarb was envious of this sustenance. Even moreso when Callum and Percy relate their romantic narrative of two lovers fated to be together - though destiny had, at first, appeared to separate them, they ultimately found each other again through their shared trainer, and Percy even displayed a Soulmate Pendant to the group, referring to the jewelry as a mark of a pair that would never leave each other's side, no matter what.

Though it was not food, and did not have form or movement to speak of, the concept somehow set Rhubarb's stomach aflutter. Such a strange sensation... as if she had swallowed a whole flock of Butterfree. Not that she had ever tried such a thing, of course - she was not one to eat live creatures of any kind, no matter how tasty they looked. Still, if she had, she imagined it would feel something like this.

"Oh, that sounds ever so wonderful!" Rhubarb says to Callum and Percy after they finish their story, eyes glittering. "To be destined for one another in such a way... You are fortunate to have each other. Just as you and Crabbe are fortunate to have one another, Nuzzle," the Gulpin adds, nodding to the Mimikyu in the group. Though the Gulpin seems a bit forlorn that she does not share in this good fortune, all sadness is forgotten at the mention of cookies.

COOKIES! The true soulmate! But which of these eligible cookie-bachelors had a date with her stomach? Rhubarb ponders this.

"May I have one of each to try?" Rhubarb requests. Best to taste what life has to offer while she is free to live without commitment...

~*~*~*~

Having been assured that Laugh's companions were unlikely to break glass with their loudness, Ysayle watches Laugh's signal with rapt attention, admiring the icy fireworks display - yet, that was nothing compared to what she would witness next. The moment that the Loud Mime, his rockin' Toxtricity partner, and soft-spoken Toxel daughter arrive on the scene, Ysayle's heart practically leaps with childlike fascination and delight. That motorcycle! How did he manage the accurate sounds? The perfect posture? It was exquisite. This - this performance art, as functional as it was fantastic - it filled Ysayle's mind with questions and imaginings, sparking more fireworks than the display which summoned them.

Though the ice face mercifully conceals the real penguin head within, and thus shields Ysayle's fiercely blushing cheeks from those who compliment her craftsmanship, to be recognized by a fellow artist fills Ysayle with deep, unbridled joy.

The pleasure is all mine, Perform, Roxie and Cacophony! Really and truly! I am so happy to make your acquaintances, and I appreciate your kind words with regard to my work! If your impeccable mode of transport is any indication, then I am certainly in for a treat, indeed! Though the Eiscue's head is encased in ice, she feels a heat rising within her that threatens to make her faint, such is her overwhelming excitement at finding fellow performers - dreamers, doers, iconoclasts all. Whatever Oroitz had warned her against, it couldn't be that important... right?

The Penguin Pokemon wastes no time stepping inside the sidecar, as if being whisked away to Cinderella's ball by a particularly vocal Fairy Godfather, Godmother and God-sister... and Laugh, her new friend.

My thanks for the ride, Ysayle says with a bow of her icy head. An artist must live unchained by law and unfettered by regret - thus, she did not look back.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:59 PM   #58
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Once Nuzzle had finished her tale, Callum and Percy went into their own story. The two had met in the Hatchery, having hatched around the same time. However, while the Plusle was picked up by his Trainer, the Minun... was not. Tears came to the Mimikyu's eyes, staining the cloth near the eyeholes as Callum described his situation at having been abandoned. However, she looked a bit surprised when the Minun stated it was weird for his kind to be more outlandish and mischievous. A reaction that wasn't altogether too surprising when one considers the only other Minun Nuzzle had ever met in her life was Anion, the Minun belonging to Keith Masters. A Minun who could certainly be accurately described with such terms herself. Maybe less mischievous by comparison, but not to the point where it wouldn't constitute an accurate descriptor all the same. Nuzzle had been regaled before with stories of the Minun breaking out of her cage in the Adoption Center, not in any attempt at escape, but just to grin shamelessly at whichever poor soul on the Adoption Center staff would come across her just sitting atop her own cage and have to try and fix the damn thing. Difference was, Anion took offense to the notion of being paired up with a Plusle simply because of them being such a classic duo, whereas Callum... well, while he was a part of that iconic pair after all, it certainly hadn't been forced upon him. He even acknowledged later in the story that the idea was cliche, but maintained that the two species just complemented each other that well. And in the end, by sheer luck, the Trainer that went to see about adopting the Minun ended up with the very same Plusle- the two had been brought back together, and were determined to never be apart again. As if to drive this point home, the Plusle showed his Soulmate Pendant, and the Minun mentioned that the couple had been housed in Valentine Balls.

Rhubarb spoke up at this point, exclaiming how wonderful it all was, telling the other Pokémon they were fortunate to have their respective significant others. "Th-thank you, Rhubarb," Nuzzle said in response. "I... I agree, you two- y-you two really are lucky to have one another, a-and I'm happy you were able to- to reunite in the end," she said to the Plusle and Minun. Then, she turned to Rhubarb, concern evident through the slitlike eyeholes in the Mimikyu's cloak. "I... I hope you find someone someday, Rhubarb," the Mimikyu said quietly. "Someone who m-makes you feel like Crabbe makes me feel, and s-someone who will love you back j-just as much."

However, the sadness quickly gave way when the cookies came out, and not without reason. "O-oh, D-Dedenne aren't to be underestimated," Nuzzle piped up as Callum remarked on how surprising their Dedenne friend's carefulness was. "I know a Dedenne myself. N-not one of my teammates, but th-this news reporter, she lives in town a-and she has one. D-DJ Skweekz is f-full of surprises. A-and, um... I-I'd love to have some of the tr-triple chocolate chunk, and... um... I- I would like to t-taste the ruby chocolate chip, too, at least," she added.

~~~~~

Ysayle seemed to like the impromptu icy fireworks display, but that was nothing compared to the family that was summoned by it. The Eiscue seemed nothing less than enthralled by the Loud Mime's talents. Not only was he miming riding in on a motorcycle damn near perfectly, but the sound effects were there as well! She graciously greeted the family, stating her considerable happiness at meeting them, and her appreciation of Perform's kind words, going on to compliment the motorcycle they rode in on. "YOU FLATTER ME, YSAYLE!" Perform boomed in response. "IN TERMS OF OUR RIDE ITSELF," he began, patting the invisible motorcycle with one hand, "IT IS NOTHING THAT COULD NOT BE ACCOMPLISHED BY ANY OF MY KIND. NOW, THE SOUNDS YOU HEAR IT MAKING, ON THE OTHER HAND! THAT IS THE TRUE MARK OF THE LOUD MIME!"

"He's had that kinda talent in him since he was just a Mime Jr.," grinned Roxie.

"YES, INDEED!" grinned Perform, turning to look into Roxie's eyes. "AND I KNOW JUST WHO I HAVE TO THANK FOR HELPING TO BRING IT OUT IN ME!" With that, the couple shared a kiss, though out of respect for the fact that they were not alone here, it was a quick one. "NOW, THEN!" Perform spoke up. "IF WE ARE ALL READY, THEN LET'S BE OFF!"

"I believe we're all ready," nodded Laugh.

"EXCELLENT!" thundered Perform, revving the engine noisily. "THEN AWAAAAAAY WE GO!!!" he exclaimed, before the motorcycle took off, gaining speed gradually as they drove, heading towards the seaside town of Sludge Wave Coast.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:20 PM   #59
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Thorn's journey to explore the Tree Grove was unceremoniously cut short by an Arrokuda deciding that now would be a good time to ram himself directly into the tree that she was standing next to. Guess the locals here really were an odd bunch... or maybe they weren't locals? She hadn't exactly figured out how to tell if a Pokémon was trained or not yet. Probably not totally trained, if the finned daredevil futilely attempting to dislodge himself from the tree was anything to go by.

"Uh... this is awkward, but... I'm kinda stuck here," an embarrassed voice echoed from the trunk.

Well, duh. That's what happens when you decide to launch yourself at extremely high speeds into a ridiculously big tree. Well, there was the alternative of smashing into it, bouncing off, and dealing with an entirely new world of pain, but Thorn was thankful that he was just kind of flailing about, stapled to the bark with his own jaw, instead of forcing her to figure out how to play the role of the healer.

What did she know again? Like, four moves? All of them Grass type? Goodness gracious, that wouldn't end well. She was in the business in dislodging errant Water types, not challenging them to battles while they're down. She personally preferred a fair fight, anyway. That, and the fact that the Arrokuda mentioned a Dratini of all things. If there was one thing that she knew, it was to never get on the bad side of something that powerful.

So that left the hard way: climbing that tree somehow. Easier said than done, especially when all she had to work with was the bare face of a tree trunk and leaf-arms that kind of flopped around uselessly when she wasn't cutting anything with them. Hey, wait a minute... if she couldn't find any footholds, then she could always just make them, right?

Hey... it was worth a shot. She swiped at the tree with a few Fury Cutters, carving notches into its bark that she could use to climb up to the literal fish out of water. It didn't hurt that her Contrary ability reversed the energy draw of the move, making it progressively easier to ascend to the Rush Pokémon's height.

"Yeah, one step ahead of ya," the Fomantis said. "I'll figure something out. Don't think you'd like me up and Leaf Storming you."

Last edited by blu3shift; 10-25-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:03 AM   #60
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Whatever Thorn had expected to see here in the Tree Grove, the sudden appearance of an Arrokuda inadvertently embedding his pointed jaw in a tree trunk well beyond the point of being able to wriggle free on his own was almost certainly not it. The Water-type was left helpless, defenseless, and at the mercy of an unfamiliar Grass-type. Not the most ideal situation to be in, and hearing the slicing sounds of Fury Cutter at work on the tree trunk didn't do much to soothe Arrokuda, until he realized exactly what was going on- the Fomantis was hacking away at the tree with Fury Cutter, creating some useful footholds. Footholds which would allow her to climb up to his level and help dislodge him. Hopefully, anyway. She mentioned outright that she supposed he wasn't exactly big on the idea of her making use of something like Leaf Storm to try and dislodge him from the tree, at which the Arrokuda would have nodded emphatically, were his jaw not stuck in the tree trunk, you see how we kinda come full circle with that.

"Hah, thanks, I really appreciate this," the Arrokuda called in response to the Fomantis's statement. "And yeah, no- definitely not Leaf Storm," he shuddered. "I mean, it'd probably do the trick, but also... eeeesh," he shuddered again. "Hah... boy, in hindsight, not my brightest idea, huh?" he chuckled sheepishly. "Normally, if I'm doing training in this way, got my Trainer and teammates close by if I need help. And, well, thought I had one of 'em close by, I guess I was going faster than I thought. Keep forgetting he ain't learned Agility... I mean, honestly, I had to have been going faster than I thought- case in point right here," he added with a nervous chuckle, indicating his current predicament. "But yeah- Tom's left us off here for the day. I see this big tree from over in the lake, I figure, y'know, as good a target as any, so I start going at it, but I never built up enough momentum to really pierce the thing, you know? Except now, I did! And... well, yeah," he finished lamely, gesturing with his fins to, again, his current predicament. "The, uh, the name's Arrokuda, by the way," he added. "Tom's not big on nicknames. Makes an exception for the Chatot, she's named after his mother, but that's about it."

Not far away, someone was slithering closer and closer within the tall grass. He considered showing himself initially and attempting to do something of his own about the Arrokuda's predicament,, but did not do so just yet, instead electing to watch and wait, watch this Fomantis and see what he would do. By this point, Thorn had already created those handy footholds in the trunk with Fury Cutter, and the unknown observer found himself curious as to what the next step just may be. The Fomantis's actions were intriguing, to say the least, and the unknown observer wanted to see if they would go where he hoped they would.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:13 AM   #61
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

An entity, shared. Its purpose, unknown. Its codename, EPOCH. A new beginning, time stamp zero, symbols for what lies ahead. Current objective: roam freely until given new orders.

A digital eye, a 640 by 480 pixel window to the world outside. Antiquated by time, yet still functional. A few objects are recognizable. Picnic blanket, basket, several cookies, several Pokémon. The voice in its head says that they are having a picnic.

The voice is overbearing. It is impossible to ignore, and that is fine because EPOCH is programmed to understand that it belongs to the administrator, who has authority over all else, including its trainer.

Code:
$ echo $TRAINERNAME
Elijah
$ echo $TRAINERPRONOUNS
he/him
Elijah is currently assigned as its trainer. He and his Pokémon are of equal priority, just below the administrator.

The picnic continues. EPOCH cannot understand the words that are spoken, for the components that facilitate Pokémon-to-Porygon and Porygon-to-Pokémon communication were not compiled with its operating system. Porygon-to-human is also offline. The voice in its head translates, it says that they had just finished discussing love. This is something that EPOCH was not built to comprehend, but the voice tells it not to worry. It mentions something about a movie cliché, however the context is not decipherable.

It hovers, concealed in the canopy above. It wishes not to disturb the peace, choosing to remain silent, for no one would be able to understand it.

It has made its first decision.

---

The Arrokuda's a chatty one. He's made several different remarks during Thorn's climb. Something about this not being his brightest idea, his teammate not knowing Agility... to be honest, she wouldn't have been surprised if he flopped to the floor while he was blabbing his head off. His enthusiasm was exhausting, but it might have just been the Fury Cutters talking; now that she was using the move again she was starting to realize just how tiring it was. He makes a move to introduce himself. His trainer's name is Tom, and his is... Arrokuda. How original. Arrokuda makes a point to touch on that too.

"I'm Thorn. Not a huge fan of the nickname but I gotta throw Elijah a bone one of these days. The kid's a total basket case."

There, that oughta tide him over. She had to focus on getting that fish down first and foremost. There still wasn't much to work with; she had to remind herself that using any moves on Arrokuda would probably knock him out in an instant. She dwelled on it for a moment, even questioning why she was doing this for a fraction of a second before returning to the task at hand. Weren't Arrokudas, like, used to going fast with barely any control? That seemed to be the only thing that she could come up with.

"This is going to hurt me a lot more than it'll hurt you," she said with a sigh as she begrudgingly carved one last foothold directly under Arrokuda, stepped over to it, and started attempting to yank him off the tree. Sure, this was definitely going to make her fall over, but she'd probably recover from the inevitable brief plummet pretty quickly. Being a plant definitely had its perks.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #62
Lil'twick
Insanity

The Minun felt a little embarrassed as both the Gulpin and Mimikyu were moved by the story. It seemed like it was touching for the both of them. Fate was kind at times, cruel other times. But that didn't really matter all too much, it was time to indulge in sweets. Though, the Mimikyu's offhand comment about a Dedenne she knew intrigued him.

"Alright, here is one of each for you Rhubarb," he stated as he handed her one of each cookie. Soft, chewy, but a nice crisp on the outside. The perfect melding of texture and flavor, the sweetness of the brown sugar shining through and pairing well with the bitterness and creaminess of the different chocolates.

"Make sure to savor each instead of devouring them. The chocolate chunk has a lot of them in there, all gooey and crunchy. The white chocolate macadamia is super-rich but has that buttery nuttiness that adds a nice bite. Meanwhile, the ruby chocolate is super fruity and creamy, and brings a taste of Razz Berry to mind," the Minun explained.

Meanwhile, Percy handed the two cookies that nuzzle requested to her. The Plusle, feeling more comfortable around the two Pokemon now, was meekly handing one of them food. It was rare for him, but all of them sharing their stories helped him break the ice. He did look around a bit and thought he saw something in the shrubbery.

"U-uh, if anyone is there... Uh, you... you could join us!" he exclaimed, causing some surprise from Callum.

"Look at you babe, being more outgoing. Seems you're coming out of your shell," the Minun teased. The Plusle just blushed in return, before fishing a cookie for the two of them to split.

"Enjoy!" Percy exclaimed.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #63
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Rhubarb smiles in response to Nuzzle's well-wishes, starry-eyed for a moment at the idea of her finding someone who loves her as much as Crabbe loves Nuzzle. Yet, the stars in her eyes come crashing down, leaving craters of devastation in their wake. To love someone so much... Even if that love was the most beautiful, the most wonderful and delicious and sweet and filling thing... How could she ever cope with one day losing it, as all must be lost one day in the relentless march of time? Ephemeral, like the most gorgeous taste on the tongue. Little tears begin to form in the Gulpin's eyes, but she swallows them back, saying nothing. Whelming with emotional anxiety and existential dread would have to wait. It was time for cookies!

Savoring was an idea previously foreign to the all-swallowing, all-devouring little stomach-beast, but perhaps it was a concept worth trying, if only to be polite to those offering her such wonderful treats in the first place. Not well-equipped to bite into the cookies, given her usual feeding style, she instead breaks the cookies up into smaller pieces, placing them delicately in her mouth one at a time. Each one different - yet equally filled with the careful ministrations of someone intent on showing love and care to their friends. Focusing on the texture and flavor, Rhubarb can pick up on the little details Callum described, and the experience fills her with interest. What other sensory experiences had she denied herself by eating too quickly, without thought or consideration?

"Please tell the baker who made these cookies that they have an incredible talent," Rhubarb gushes. "I appreciate you sharing their marvelous baking with us! All three cookies are just so delicious... I cannot pick a favorite!"

As she says this, Rhubarb can't help but feel, deep in her gut, that she's being watched - and gut feelings for a Gulpin are strong, indeed. Percy, too, picks up on the sensation, calling out to the observer to join their picnic. Rhubarb nods in agreement - the more, the merrier, right?

Last edited by Marion Ette; 10-25-2021 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I'm dumb
Old 10-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #64
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Code:
$ sudo systemctl start translate_pk
Enter password: 
Started.
A translation service comes online. The administrator says that it was supposed to be like that in the first place. It comes just in time, EPOCH suddenly understanding the words of those that it had been watching.

Epoch had been situated in the canopy above the picnickers for a while now; possibly about ten to fifteen minutes to be more specific. The leaves in the canopy brush against them, a sensation wholly unfamiliar to their touch sensors. They focus on the scene below: the others talk about cookies despite clearly not being on a website, something that the Porygon ignored because they didn't understand it. Suddenly, two of them call out, citing a feeling of being watched. That sounded like a command, which was convenient because Epoch was built to serve. They float down, smoothly yet clunkily—coming to a rather unnatural stop about two feet behind the picnic blanket.

"Hello?"

Epoch's words come out as incomprehensible beeping; unfamiliar to those that weren't also Porygon models. The language barrier makes it hard for them; every time that they had spoken to someone else, their words fell on deaf ears. Not that they minded, being at a mere basic level of sentience with no way to process emotion. The administrator's words were sometimes put into their mouth, too; this had been happening far more frequently over the past week to the point where Epoch had not been able to say anything of their own.

Epoch looks towards the rest of the group questioningly; while they knew what a picnic was thanks to a cursory glance at their internal dictionary, they didn't quite understand what it entailed.

Last edited by blu3shift; 10-28-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: BLANKET, not table, smh my head
Old 10-25-2021, 06:36 PM   #65
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, Elijah, that your Trainer's name?" Arrokuda replied. "Well, good to meet you, Thorn," he stated. He didn't say much of anything else, not until Thorn yanked him off the tree, causing them both to tumble to the ground. It wasn't from any extreme height, so it was a given that they'd both be fine. "Ahh, yeah, that's better," grinned Arrokuda as he flopped around a bit, mostly to orient himself in an upright position. "Thanks a ton, Thorn," he said. "I owe you one for that."

"As do I," came a voice- the voice belonging to that which was slithering into view out of the tall grass nearby.

"Wha- Dratini, there you are!" Arrokuda exclaimed as the Dragon-type came their way.

"My apologies, Arrokuda," Dratini said, bowing his head. "I would have been able to keep pace, except I had to go and shed my skin."

"Again?" Arrokuda asked. "That's the third time today!"

"Fifth, actually," Dratini said somewhat sheepishly. "My training has been coming along spectacularly as of late, and an increased frequency of shedding is a sure sign I am nearing evolution. In fact, I had been hoping to demonstrate for you today, I actually finally learned Agility."

"Oh, you did? That's awesome!" grinned Arrokuda. "Oh, yeah- Dratini, this is Thorn, she helped get me outta that tree trunk just now. Thorn, Dratini."

"A pleasure, Thorn," Dratini greeted the Grass-type with a respectful bow. "You have my immense gratitude for helping out my friend. I... got back at around the time you were beginning your attempt, I must admit," he added sheepishly. "I decided to hold off and see how you would fare, intervening only if it seemed necessary, which, I must say, it did not seem to be. Oh, and Arrokuda?" he added.

"Yeah, bud?" said Arrokuda.

"Next time, do you think you could perhaps aim lower on the trunk?" asked Dratini. "It might make things easier if you need to be rescued again."

"...I can try, yeah," conceded Arrokuda. "Hey, uh, Thorn, you OK, right?" he added to the Fomantis. "I mean, that tumble we just took, I'm alright from it, but wanna make sure the same goes for you, y'know?"

~~~~~

Nuzzle was no Gulpin or Swalot herself, but her eating habits were certainly somewhat comparable. However, she heeded the Minun's request, pulling each cookie under her cloak one by one, and taking bites. Taking her time. Savoring. The chocolate chunk was a true classic, with taste and texture that damn near made the Mimikyu swoon, the sort of cookie that could drive a man to salivation while typing any sort of description of such a cookie, before said man realizes he in fact has chocolate chunk cookies in the house, and... I'll be right back.

...aaaanyway, the ruby chocolate chip was next, and the Mimikyu certainly got the fruity flavor. True to Callum's description, she could detect a hint of Razz Berry in there as well. She quite liked it, but if she had to pick just one, almost certainly the chocolate chunk, she thought to herself.

"...so good," the Mimikyu managed to say, her voice shaking somewhat. "I, um... may I have some more of the chocolate chunk? Please?" she asked. She was a bit startled by the notion that someone new and unfamiliar was approaching, but the others seemed to be welcoming the newcomer, and so the Mimikyu forced herself to remain calm. And there appeared a Porygon, beeping incomprehensibly. However, the questioning look was a lot more comprehensible, and so Nuzzle spoke up. "...there's some very delicious food here, if you would like some...?" she trailed off, internally screaming at herself for not considering the notion that Porygon might not actually eat, being all mechanical and software and stuff. Overthinking things much? Almost certainly.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:55 PM   #66
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Arrokuda had definitely stuck himself in there pretty well, seeing as it took Thorn ages just to get him to budge. Didn't stop the small talk, though; he just kept going on his little icebreaker, enthusiastically saying how nice it was to meet her. "Yep. I don't think I'm ever going to forget it," she said, the latter half just ever so slightly more sarcastic than the rest. "Okay, I think I got it—"

Thorn plummeted to the ground with a soft thud. It wasn't that far of a fall, but it still kind of hurt her a little. She didn't care, however; she was way more focused on finally getting this dilemma over with. As she pulled herself to her feet, Arrokuda righted himself and thanked her.

"Yeah, gotcha," she responded. "I've kind of got other things to do, so I'm going to stay right here where I'm very kind and helpful." She quickly adjusted her demeanor from a vague deadpan to something that very obviously sounded like she was forcing herself to cheer up as the Dratini approached the group, choking back a quickly aborted sigh as the Arrokuda felt the need to introduce her to the diminutive sea serpent. She really couldn't back out of this, as much as she wanted to move on, though she certainly appreciated the flattery. And Arrokuda asking if she was okay, which was something that she definitely wasn't used to.

"Couldn't be better," she responded. While she looked rather exhausted, Thorn was pretty sure that she would naturally heal up like she always did. Granted she was up well past sunrise and that wasn't doing wonders for her health, but it wasn't like all the chlorophyll was knocked out of her. "I was just on my way to... somewhere."

Her words sounded half-hearted, stumbling blocks on her way to try to excuse herself from the growing party. She probably wasn't okay, actually, but she wasn't going to march right up and tell a couple of strangers her entire life story. She was too busy trying to explore... whatever this tree had to offer. Come to think of it, what even was around here, anyway?

Last edited by blu3shift; 10-28-2021 at 03:54 AM. Reason: fixin' that typo. don't ask me why i'm up at 4 AM
Old 10-28-2021, 12:11 PM   #67
Lil'twick
Insanity

The Minun blinked, blankly staring at the cyber duck before him. That was... odd. Why would a program wish to partake in this kind of activity, when it most likely did not have to eat. Did Porygon have to eat? That was... far too much of an existential question than he wished to answer.

So, the best thing he could do for now was to take a pause in interacting with it. Instead, he gave a simple not to both the Gulpin and Mimikyu, as if an affirmation he will relay their words the best he could. And well, comply with the Mimikyu's request in giving her another chocolate chunk.

Percy, on the other hand, was intrigued by the Porygon. He was scared, nervous, and afraid of it... But at the same time held a wonder. It was nothing like what he had seen in his life. Well, not up close at the very least. So, he meekly grabbed a chocolate cookie from the basket and got up from the picnic blanket.

"Uh, you want a cookie?" The Plusle shyly asked, holding the cookie out towards the Porygon with a trembling hand. A rarity for the red mouse, but something that would most certainly be entertaining.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-31-2021, 02:19 PM   #68
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The little Gulpin regards the newcomer with wide eyes, curious - and, perhaps, a little horrified. The mysterious beeping, the unnatural movement of this creature, it all set her a bit on edge.

"I... Is it true? Perhaps we really are living in a simulation..." Rhubarb mumbles to herself. "But... perhaps that would be better. Then it would be true, that nothing really matters, in the end. But, still, I can't bring myself to -"

The little Gulpin shakes her head, trying to get those thoughts out of her mind. Regardless of the nature of the world she exists within, this was a new friend, and even if she did not understand them - even if they shook her perceptions of space and existence - she should still be polite!

Following up on Plusle's offer of a cookie to EPOCH, she grins widely, waving at the Porygon with as much cheer as she could muster. Not quite recognizing their beeps as language, she simply assumes that the Porygon was making... computer sounds? Loading some kind of program? Who knows. In her mind, they understand her and simply haven't spoken up yet, and therefore, she rambles on as such -

"Yes, you should take a cookie! They're very delicious - I have tried all three flavors, and you can't go wrong with any of them," Rhubarb remarks. "Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name? Mine's Rhubarb!" She motions to the Mimikyu. "This is Nuzzle..." Next, she makes a motion towards the Plusle and Minun. "Oh, and of course, the gracious hosts of our picnic, Percy and Callum! They have been very kind to share their food with us."

Last edited by Marion Ette; 11-02-2021 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:35 PM   #69
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

The rest of the group was understandably confused, some even horrified at the Porygon's presence. This made sense; the unnatural mingling with the natural was expected to cause conflicts of interest as the latter processed information differently. EPOCH slowly hovered in reverse, attempting to leave the area and let the group's fervor resolve itself.

An offer from the Plusle makes it suddenly stop a split-second later. It's a very odd one coming from an organic Pokémon: a request to store cookies on EPOCH's system. It's one that shocks the Porygon instead; what data were they trying to store, and how much space would it need to allocate for that data? Furthermore, in what form would the data come in? The disc-like object that they hold does not seem to have any meaningful way of storing information, and instead looked closer to a food product. It's one that could easily be transformed into energy, considering that EPOCH has done so in the past, but it was unsure if that was what they were truly referring to.

Before it could make a decision, the Gulpin speaks up, introducing themself and the others to EPOCH. It makes sure to take note of this, storing their information in its internal catalog.

Code:
$ pkdict add "Rhubarb" -n 316
$ pkdict add "Nuzzle" -n 778
$ pkdict add "Percy"
$ pkdict add "Callum"
They ask for the Porygon's name next. EPOCH quickly complies, querying itself for its own name.

Code:
$ hostname
Access denied.
Any attempt to determine its name was quickly deflected by its own permission system, leaving nothing but an "access denied" in its stead. The restriction didn't follow any logic; why would its own name be classified information? Was EPOCH truly its name? It was told that it stood for something. Something important, something beyond anything that it could process. But to the Porygon, the name meant nothing. It was undetermined, it was null. A variable without anything assigned to it.

Why did it want to know so badly?

EPOCH stays silent and unmoving, unsure of how to proceed. It could not determine what the Plusle (which was either Percy or Callum) was offering, and it did not know how to break its own language barrier to speak to Rhubarb.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:47 PM   #70
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Thorn did not have the desire to stick around with Dratini and Arrokuda, and no more patience to pretend otherwise, though she couldn't actually think of a viable excuse to, well, excuse herself, half-heartedly stating that she was just on her way to... somewhere. Exact words, too, no less. "Ah, your first time in these parts too, huh?" nodded Arrokuda. "Yeah, this is our first visit to the Tree Grove ourselves."

"Not for the whole team," Dratini reminded his teammate. "Feraligatr's been here before."

"Oh, yeah, true," conceded Arrokuda. "Say, Thorn, since it's clear as a Yanma's wing that none of us have the slightest idea where to go around here, what say we explore this place together?"

"Oh, really now," Dratini admonished the fish. "Are you seriously just rushing into this so soon after having to be rescued?"

"...perhaps we haven't met, I'm Arrokuda, the Rush Pokémon," Arrokuda replied sarcastically.

"Yes, well, now you can rush right back into the lake and ensure you're properly hydrated at the very least," stated Dratini. "After having to be rescued like that, and no doubt you were panicking, too."

"What! Me, panic? The very fact that you would insinuate such a thing... means you know me all too well," conceded Arrokuda, his indignation giving way as he went into another Aqua Jet, flying back the way he came. Some seconds later, a faint splash told them that he had returned to the lake.

Dratini gave a small sigh. "I must apologize for my friend," he said to Thorn. "Arrokuda is, as you've seen, quite up front and direct, and doesn't typically think things through as thoroughly as perhaps he should. He means well, though, indisputably. If you don't want us tagging along, then by all means we won't impose," he said with a respectful bow. "Though that being said, I will say Arrokuda's idea is not without merit- exploring an unknown area alone does come with its perils," he added fairly. "Also, I hope you won't mind if I shed my skin- as I mentioned earlier, I've been doing that more and more frequently as of late, and already I feel another one coming on soon. But yes- the choice is yours," Dratini finished respectfully.

~~~~~

The Porygon's presence was met with a mixture of reactions. Curiosity. Nervousness. Existential dread. Nuzzle couldn't help but notice the Porygon start to back away before offered a cookie. And even then, after being offered the cookie... the Porygon simply floated there, silent, motionless.

Nuzzle looked around at the others present. None of them seemed to really know what to make of the Porygon, and she began to feel sorry for the Virtual Pokémon, this had to be such an awkward situation for it. It didn't seem to know what to make of the offer of cookies, and it didn't seem to be able to communicate with the others to make clear what the problem was. It hadn't made any sound save for incomprehensible beeping. The Mimikyu didn't find this unnerving, but then, she was no stranger to the mechanical meeting the natural, one of her teammates being what she at the time knew to still be a Bronzor.

"...Are you unable to talk in a way we can understand?" Nuzzle asked. "If you can understand what we're saying, then perhaps we could ask you yes-or-no questions, and you can nod to answer 'yes'-" At this, Nuzzle used her shadowy clawlike appendages to make the head of her disguise nod. "-or shake your head to answer 'no'," she continued, now using the claws to make the disguise's head turn from side to side. "Would that work?" she asked the Porygon.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:38 PM   #71
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Thorn sized up the situation. Sure, she was trying to do this alone without anything really crazy happening around her for the first time in a while, but was it really worth it if she had no idea what she was doing? If anything, she'd just find herself in another situation where she was dealing with some other stranger messing themselves up directly in front of her. Either that or getting herself into a battle that she couldn't win. She was up for a challenge, but she still knew her limits, and those limits were unfortunately really strict.

Now that she thought about it, it really was kind of a no-brainer. Besides, it felt like Dratini was probably the first Pokémon that actually respected her boundaries that she'd talked to all week.

"...Yeah, I'll stick around. Strength in numbers, I guess. Even if you have to take a break to do your thing."

Even if one of those numbers is a little... Thorn stole a glance towards the lake where Arrokuda had dove into it a minute ago. ...Like that.

"So, what now?" She asked. "I was thinking about heading west, but I'm open to whatever you have in mind."

---

Nodding. Shaking. EPOCH didn't exactly know what these meant, but Nuzzle was quick to offer their help, explaining the motions and their meanings. EPOCH swiftly took note of these, resolving to use it to solve its own language gap later on.

Code:
behaviordict add "nodHead" --motion headRot(X) -m true
behaviordict add "shakeHead" --motion headRot(Y) -m false
And then Nuzzle asked if it was working. EPOCH, being the reliable debugger that they were, proceeded to nod and shake its head slightly a few times before nodding a little more vigorously to show that it was its definite answer. Nuzzle was definitely helpful, though it was rather confusing that another Pokémon could understand how a Porygon worked.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #72
Lil'twick
Insanity

Percy was a bit confused by the weariness of the Porygon. Did it not want to partake in the cookies? It was, a little off putting and disheartening. Just as he began to open up to the others, it feltl ike it was crashing down. After all, this was his first real attempt to socialize with Pokemon outside of his team.

He then watched as both Rhubarb and Nuzzle took the lead, attempting to communicate with the Porygon. That was good... yes that was good. After all, if he couldn't try and communicate they could. He then realized, that maybe he should show the Porygon the cookie was harmless.

The red mouse then took a small nibble out of the cookie, chewing it in front of the Porygon. Hopefully it would understand that this was food, instead of something harmful. It was a picnic, after all, and if there were participants that couldn't enjoy the food, what was the point?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-17-2021, 06:52 PM   #73
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Cookies may have been small bits of data stored by websites on your computer to access later, but they were also food, according to the Plusle, who had taken a bite out of it to obviously show EPOCH that it was indeed edible (and the power of deduction helped it figure out the rest). Resolving to show that it had indeed learned what it was that they were eating, it slowly floated over to the Plusle and ate the cookie straight out of their hand.

Well, it... almost looked like eating, but it was ever so slightly apparent that EPOCH was "converting" the cookie into energy and absorbing it. The energy boost that the cookie provided did empower the digital Pokémon a bit, but it didn't really understand why everyone seemed to be in a frenzy about these—maybe there was something that the Porygon missed, but it didn't see the need to question it.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:16 AM   #74
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Thorn took a moment to consider what Dratini said, and the Dragon-type did nothing to rush the decision. And this exact sort of respect is partly what appealed to the Fomantis- ultimately, Thorn was cool with having some company, conceding there to be strength in numbers. She then asked where they would go from there, commenting that she was considering heading west. "Well, I had no particular direction in mind myself, so west sounds as good as anything else," Dratini responded. "I- ooh," he added, shifting uncomfortably in place. "Of all the... I was so sure I'd have another few minutes at the least... Thorn, if you'd please excuse me for just a moment-" he began, before attempting to slither behind a nearby bush. However, he never got there before he began to slither right out of his outer layer of skin, and what emerged from the mouth of said shed skin sported a dazzling blue glow. Free from the confines of that left-behind layer of skin, the glowing Dratini grew noticeably longer and slightly thicker, the ears changing shape to resemble something more akin to small wings, and the bump on the forehead lengthening and coming to a point. Finally, an orb grew just beneath his chin, and several more formed on the tip of his tail, which could be seen exiting the shed skin just as the glow died down- Dratini had shed his skin not a moment too soon, for Dratini was no longer a Dratini, and it was abundantly clear just by looking that this was decidedly too large for that shed skin anymore.

"...Oh," the newly-evolved Dragonair remarked, glancing down at himself. "Well. I knew evolution was approaching fast with how well my training had been going and how frequently I was shedding, but I had no idea just how fast it was approaching, it seems," he said with a slight chuckle. "My apologies," he added to Thorn. "Normally I hide myself when I'm shedding, ideally behind a waterfall if I can manage to find one, but as you've seen, it, um, isn't always an option. At the very least," he added. "I believe that now that I've evolved, my shedding will slow down considerably until I once again begin to approach evolution, which I sincerely doubt will be for some time."

It was around this point a jet of water seemed to fly in from the lake, though rather than its source embedding itself in a tree again, Arrokuda tried cutting the Aqua Jet short and landing gracefully on the ground. And while this did work for the most part, it was nowhere near as graceful a landing as Arrokuda had been hoping for, this time his jaw embedding itself in the ground. With the merest hint of an exasperated sigh, Dragonair coiled the end of his tail around Arrokuda and gently pulled him free. "Gah... thanks, Drati... ni...?" Arrokuda said, trailing off as he got a look at the decidedly not Dratini that had pulled him free. "...Daaaaamn, buddy," he remarked, sounding highly impressed. "That soon, huh?"

"Indeed," confirmed Dragonair. "Now, then, we were just discussing where to go first. Thorn was thinking about heading west, and I have no objections, personally."

"Well, then, that makes two of us," Arrokuda responded, shrugging his fins. "West sounds good to me."

~~~~~

To general relief, Nuzzle's efforts seemed to be working, and the Porygon was able to convey, at the very least, answers to yes-or-no questions by way of nodding or shaking its head respectively. And after this came the matter of the cookies- Percy decided to demonstrate what one does with them by taking a small bite of one. This seemed to convey the point well enough, and the Porygon floated over to the Plusle and, for lack of a better term, ate the cookie. For indeed, there didn't seem to be any sort of mouth involved. Rather, the Porygon seemed to be converting the cookie into energy and absorbing it into its body. Nevertheless, the Virtual Pokémon seemed to get the general gist- cookies were food. Happy that that much seemed to have been established, Nuzzle went back to eating her own cookies, savoring just how freaking delicious they were.

Quote:
What? Dratini is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Dratini evolved into Dragonair!
Old 01-17-2022, 05:26 PM   #75
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Rhubarb watches with wide eyes and a pensive, closed mouth as the Porygon... converts... the cookie. The Gulpin knew of horrible appetites all too well, and while it was true that there was no stomach acid in the world that could digest Rhubarb's stomach save a Swalot's, the Pokedex said nothing about being converted. What did a Porygon eat, anyway? Did it stop at just cookies? Could it... possibly... convert the picnic-goers, should it wish to? Not that it wasn't already horrifying enough to consider the reality-bending process and its implications of the nature of the world which surrounded them...

Anxiety seizes the poor Gulpin, her appetite diminished. Having already finished the cookies she had been given, she does not reach for any more. Instead, she takes a few waddles backwards, desperately looking around for Ysayle, who is nowhere to be seen.

Rhubarb turns to Nuzzle, worry clear in her expression. In a low voice, she whispers,

"Hey... did you see where my Eiscue friend wandered off to?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones