UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #76
Torkoal Stu
This

While I love a good speculation I think people (mostly on sites like SPPf though) are really getting carried away with the fact these are sequels.

Let's be honest we're going to get this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
Honestly, if it's supposed to be a true sequel then I forsee some combination of. You starting off as some new trainer and going through the region/getting badges a la the other third versions, but with the world around you having already gone through the events of BW.
If it was anything more than that I'd be surprised (although pleasantly).

Though I don't think the travelling back to an old area in the future thing is such a long shot due to the airport.

And I HOPE THEY HAVE GYM LEADER REMATCHES, that's something B/W lacked and it annoyed the hell out of me! I wonder if they'll introduce any new Gym Leaders and shuffle them around in the E4 and stuff, like Emerald and in the Kanto in Gold/Silver~
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #77
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

How much more graphics could they push out of the DS? The B/W engine is just an improved HG/SS one which is an improved Platinum one which was an improved D/P one @_@; There should be improvements but probably not the jumps we've seen from past DS games.

More importantly you know why stories and sequels could be a good move? There's like 649 PKMN now? And people are always saying "oh god please no more!" well if they take some of the focus off of PKMN they won't have to keep expanding the roster at the same pace. Throw in some new formes and maybe a couple new 'mon but mostly just expand the lifespan of the latest generation of 'em.

I like how my idea of sequels to R/S was made more valid by this annoucement! Go go, post-legendary awakening Hoenn!

btw: going back to Kanto is never good! Its so small and dull that any new game taking place there would have to basically retcon/reconstruct the entire place up to the standards of current regions.

edit: what if these sequels take place in Sinnoh? The title combos fit perfectly.

Black Diamond, White Pearl, and Platinum is a Grey-like color. Maximum asset recycling!

Last edited by Lindz; 02-26-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #78
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is the ending of Black and White spoilered for me.

In any case, the evidence of travelling to Hoenn is pretty astounding, so I'm fully expecting that.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #79
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
I'm getting a terrible vibe that on the eve of the release, we'll all gather here and start posting awesome theories again and then the next day the game will come out and GF will be all like "No direct continuation! Split third game! Trollololol".
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #80
deoxys
Fog Badge

What if... now bare with me... what if we went to hoenn in one game and another region in the other?

(lol nope)

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #81
phoopes
Double Dragon

At this point, I'm almost sure that they're going to include Hoenn into these games. Not only with the logos having an obvious Ruby and Sapphire in them, but the 2s in the logo having what resembles fishnets (for Team Aqua) and lava (for Team Magma) in them pretty much seals the deal for me.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #82
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
At this point, I'm almost sure that they're going to include a terrible, razed region into these games. Not only with the logos having an obvious two colors in them, but the 2s in the logo having what resembles fishnets (for cheap hookers) and lava (for mass death due to natural disaster) in them pretty much seals the deal for me.
My interpretation of the logo, edited to fit Phoopes' statement. It's totally not me showing how those symbols can be interpreted in different ways that have no relation to RS at all.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #83
phoopes
Double Dragon

The only kinds of hookers in Pokemon games are the fishermen.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #84
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
The only kinds of hookers in Pokemon games are the fishermen.
False.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #85
deoxys
Fog Badge

I do think the "fishnet" and "lava" thing is stretching it a bit, but the symbol changes between the two is interesting.

I'm a bit confused though as to why Gamefreak would want to include the remake in the third games in the series, instead of milkin' dat cow for all it's worth...

Then again, it would explain why there wasn't any new Pokemon game last year, and this year is the tenth anniversary for R/S, which follows tradition if I'm not mistaken
Old 02-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #86
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Is it just me or are they switched? Black / Sapphire and White / Ruby, instead of the other way around?

As long as there's not full remakes of RuSa I'm happy {pats DSO with GBA slot}
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #87
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

This pic was used for a joke on Pokememes, but it still has a chart showing the releases of each game. R/B -> FRLG was eight years. G/S/C -> HGSS was ten. Like Deo said, it 's been 10 years since R/S/E so we may actually be getting it. Though it is a stretch.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #88
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

>no one comments on N Theory

That's cuz it's too solid and flawless to criticize =0

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #89
deoxys
Fog Badge

Ugh, I REALLY don't want to play as N, but I imagine him heading to Hoenn is incredibly likely.

There's also substantial evidence that it ISN'T a prequel, considering Looker's "We're hearing unconfirmed reports of a trainer who looks like N with a huge dragon in a distant region...", which makes it sound like a sequel for certain.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #90
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Ugh, I REALLY don't want to play as N, but I imagine him heading to Hoenn is incredibly likely.
This is the way I feel. I really hope that N heads to Hoenn as the antagonist, or as an ally, rather than as a playable character.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #91
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Don't be crazy guys. Silent Protagonist Player characters can't have pre-existing personalities.

It's like a rule of games.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #92
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Too speculative. Hard to reconcile with the fact that N's team cycles (reflecting his catch-and-release practices). It'd be interesting to play as N, sure, but it'd be one hell of a retcon if they decide to set it during the events of B&W.

I could see it if (1) Reshiram/Zekrom is N's mount and buddy but cannot be used in battles and (2) N decides to attempt the Ever Grande conference and tours Hoenn getting gym badges. I feel bad though that this would mean that Brandon and May are getting ousted by N. Was looking forward to playing as white-haired, headbanded Brandon again.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #93
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Gah, why must you post such interesting theories? You're only setting us all up for disappointment. GF doesn't have the balls to pull any of this stuff, no matter how awesome it might be.
Well, to be fair, the whole '2' thing is pretty ballsy in itself.

And Brandon has a white hat! >
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #94
deoxys
Fog Badge

inb4 Talon debates it

Proof (not fanart, from "Pokemon Adventures")

also, inb4 Pokemon Adventures =/= Pokemon games canon
Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #95
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

^Well, technically the two are different canons, so that point won't probably stand from Talon's viewpoint (though I think it works myself).

If you look closely at Brendan's official Emerald artwork though you can see that the color of the hair hidden under the headband is not the same white as the rest of the hat. Actually, it isn't even white, instead looking like some murky brown/green color mix.

So I say it is a hat.

Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #96
Talon87
時の彼方へ

He bleached the top of his head. Sideburns are natural hair color either because unbleached or because grew out after last bleaching.

1) Why would he have a hat that's shaped like human hair? 'Cause that's clearly one of the classic anime-style hairstyles. If he were a cancer patient, you'd think his parents wouldn't have allowed him to go on his adventure. [inb4 Make-a-Wish Foundation]

2) Well I guess I'm stupid for assuming that the protagonist in Hikaru no Go bleached the top of his hair and left the bottom half its natural black color. Because CLEARLY that's just a yellow hair-shaped cap! To be fair, I actually thought Hikaru was wearing a cap the first time I saw pictures of him. But that's the opposite situation of what you're insinuating here.

In before Junichi Masuda trolls me hardcore and reveals that Brandon really was wearing a white, spiky hair-shaped cap.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #97
deoxys
Fog Badge

I had to interject because I always thought it was his hair, too, up until about two years ago :P
Old 02-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #98
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

... Mind... Blown... =0

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #99
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
If that's a hat then it's the stupidest piece of headwear I have ever seen, and I've seen the Pope.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #100
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Cameos I want to see in B2W2, assuming this is both a B/W sequel as well as an RSE sequel:
  • Flannery and Blaine (young punk chick vs. old guard suave man) or Flannery and Flint (both young~ish, both punks) having a conversation together
  • one of the Grass-type gym leaders in Verdantuff (makes most sense with Erika, I think)
  • Tate & Liza meet Cilan, Chili, and the other one
  • Mr. Briney, of course, has to give us a lift somehow, somewhere
  • one of the Dragon-type gym leaders or E4 in the dragon cave on the northwest of the map (mind-blanking on name. Meteor Falls, was it?)
  • a hackers convention XP with Bill, Lanette, and all the others in attendance
  • Skyla and Winona discussing airplanes, flight
  • Brock and Lucy at the Battle Frontier
  • if he's not the Champion once again, Steven Stone has got to make a kick-ass appearance!
Also, if we can dare to dream for some Yellow-style anime characters showing up ...
  • Paul and Pyramid King Brandon arguing/talking
  • Harley shows up in Contest Halls
  • a 2-D cameo of Todd indicating Nintendo's intention to produce Pokemon Snap 2 for the Wii U? :o (what you see through camera scope = WiiUmote, what the scene looks like = what's shown on TV)
  • Max shows up in Norman's gym
Man, I love speculation season. We come up with so many cool ideas ... and then like only 5% of them make it through.

Last edited by Talon87; 02-26-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: whoops

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON