UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #976
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Apologies for the delay, but here we go: [oprahvoice]Kairne gets an update, OkikuMew gets an update, Fireray gets an update, Gemini Spark gets an update![/oprahvoice]

The Fountain Garden:
OkikuMew

Doctor Kaku slumped to sit on a rough stone dividing wall near the lakes edge, finally seeming to catch his breath after the whole ordeal. "Okiku you say? Pleased, pleased to meet you, yes," he manages, in his oddly uncertain speech pattern.

Your Pokemon, as they are released, listen to your plan, nodding their agreement. Hershel the Spheal makes his way to the water, slipping in soundlessly to find one of the aforementioned locals, to try to get some information. Meanwhile, Max sidled up to Dr. Kaku, sniffing the bottom hem of his lab coat, trying to get a scent that hadn't been washed away by immersion in lake water.

"Oh my, why, yes, hello there, friend," Kaku muttered, reaching out as though to pat the Poochyena, then seemingly thinking better of it and dropping his hand back to his side. He perks up slightly though, as you address him again, clearing his throat. "Oh, well, hm. He, he... well he didn't seem much older than you are, I should think. Short hair, dark... dark eyes. He, he seemed quite scared, as I recall, of me finding him. His clothes were almost, how do you... uniform! Uniform-like, certainly, yes. Very polished, and quite nicely pressed, actually, yes..."

You frown, trying to place that information in your head. It seemed familiar, but from where? As you try to recall having seen anyone with that description in your short wander through the garden, Hershel calls out, his voice oddly muffled. You turn to where he's surfaced, and see in his mouth a shapeless black object. He swims it over to you, dropping it on the shore.
A plain, unadorned black hat. Your frown deepens, as Max turns his attention to that, sniffing around it. He stiffens up, and starts heading decidedly North, his nose glued to the ground. Rawk has already headed in that direction by air, but this seems to back up the Starly's decision.

What will you do?
*crowd goes wild*

Hershel, eager to do his first task with us, rolls right into the water and swims in the lake to go talk with the Pokémon living in the lake. Of course, Rawk dashes off as fast as possible, deciding to take direction somewhere in the middle from where the scientist pointed out earlier. Hmmm, seems that he did listen after all... Anyhow, Max approaches Dr. Kaku and carefully sniffs his coat, trying to get a sent different than the doctor's despite the water that may have washed away any odour.

"Oh my, why, yes, hello there, friend," Kaku goes to reach out to the Poochena, but removes his hand at the last minute.

"Ah, it's fine," I comfort him, "he's a very friendly little guy!"

I ask him my questions again, which perks him up a bit.

"Oh, well, hm. He, he... well he didn't seem much older than you are, I should think. Short hair, dark... dark eyes. He, he seemed quite scared, as I recall, of me finding him. His clothes were almost, how do you... uniform! Uniform-like, certainly, yes. Very polished, and quite nicely pressed, actually, yes..."

Hmmm, although I don't remember seeing anyone other than Dr. Kaku here being on the area, his description sounds familiar though. ...Could it be...? Before I could think more though, I faintly hear Hershel's voice, somehow muffled. I look over where I hear him, and there he is, holding... some black thing? He rolls towards me and gently places the object in front of me: a plain-looking hat. Max leaps towards the piece of clothing, heavily whiffs it, then suddenly barks very loud upwards and took off running northwards!

"Whoa wait!" I lightly shake my head, trying to wrap my mind around what's going on is such a short amount of time, which I do after a few moments. "Excellent job Hershel! Thanks!"

He claps his fins in joy and bows down as a welcome.

"We're gonna need to move fast now though, I'll call you out if ever I need you again, ok?"

He nods with a smile before I get him back in his pokéball, then I take the hat and snug it into my backpack, just in case we'll need it again. Meanwhile, Max is waiting for me impatiently, jumping around in place.

"Dr. Kaku," I turn my head towards him, "I'll meet you again as soon as we get more info, or better yet get that guy! I'll try to meet you again by asking around in the nearest Pokémon Center your whereabouts."

Max barks loudly again, but this time in my direction.

"Ok ok Max, I'm coming! See ya Dr. Kaku!"

I jog towards my dog, which the moment that he is seeing me coming, he sticks his nose on the ground and walks further on very quickly. I see in the sky my Starly flying right over us.

"Rawk," I shout at him, "go ahead of us in the same direction, and if you find that guy in a black uniform, don't do anything other than coming back to us and warn us, alright?"

I hear him chirp back at me and then he speeds ahead.

"Alright Max, keep going! If you need to remember the smell again, I still got that hat!"

My Poochyena dutifully continues following the trail, with me tagging behind him as much as I can.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-19-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Changed a few words around, but nothing I don't think that will change my next update.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #977
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Cloud Forest
biggggg5: "Hmm. I'm not sure." She says, giggling nervously, "I was told there were 5 different checkpoints though by various fellow explorers." Hotstuff uses Strength on the Machamp tablet, which at first does nothing, with Hotstuff trying his hardest to lift it. A few seconds pass of Hotstuff struggling to move the tablet, until you hear something click. The tablet begins to move on its own, with Hotstuff being slightly alarmed by the sudden movement of the tablet. A rather hole appears underneath where the tablet once was, with what appears to be a ladder on one side. You can only see a few feet inside the hole, with it being pitch dark after the few feet. Krys looks slightly scared as she takes a look inside the hole. "It looks like we will need something to light up the place before we go down, any ideas?"

What will you do?
"Well I have two ideas." Big says. "If we really need two we can use the flame on Hotstuff's tail as a light source. But if we are lucky maybe the Nuzleaf knows flash. I really want Hotstuff to rest more but we may not have a choice." Big peers down the hole then abruptly sits down. "Sorry" he explained. "Heights really aren't my strong suit." He lays on his back and looks up at the sky. "My parents ran a drifblim transport service when I was little and on one of our runs I accidentally fell out of the basket." He rants a little. "Luckily Hotstuff's dad caught me and gave me and his egg to my parents. He only hatched a little while ago which I why I am starting my journey now rather then I was ten." He sits back up and looks at Krys. "Sorry I got on a rant there and forgot what we were doing. Are you ready to go?" Big asks her.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #978
YDT
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Comet's Corner
YDT:
(Please respond with the color Red, thanks!) Skubble Growls at Boldore, and with his latest attack, he manages to intimidate the Boldore, despite the size difference, lowering its attack power. The Boldore looks at the Cubone, analyzing to see if it can attack him, before deciding to go for it. It charges towards the Cubone at full speed, using Tackle on the Cubone, sending it flying to the side as she is hit, taking a little health from Skubble. Skubble manages to absorb the attack well, using another Growl on the Boldore, lowering its attack even more. Boldore swipes the ground again, this time sending a Mud-Slap at Skubble, hitting her right on the face, but not lowering her accuracy as the attack doesn't get into her eyes. Skubble once again whacks the Boldore across the face with Bone Club, making it cry out in pain again. The Boldore takes a few steps back, looking angrier than before, not ready to back down just yet...

Niles growls as the mud hits Skubble. He had to back up his bro! Not just gonna let him be walked all over by this bully Boldore. Skubble runs up to the Boldore and whacks it across the face again. This move seems to be dealing a lot of damage and the boldore is hurting a lot. Sadly, as expected, the increase of injuries has increased the Boldore's adrenaline making it angrier and more aggressive. This obviously didn't occur to Niles as he knew nothing about, well anything, so he just assumed that it was trying to keep its pride or something akin to that.

"Skubble hit it with two successive Bone Clubs! Then when it is taking the damage, use your Strength to push it off the hill." Niles commanded, hoping that would give an opening to run away. Niles wanted to avoid as much unnecessary battling as possible

OoC: I'm assuming there is a hill, as the rock fell off of one before. Also really sorry about the wrong colour!

Stats
Old 09-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #979
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Apologies for the delay, but here we go: [oprahvoice]Kairne gets an update, OkikuMew gets an update, Fireray gets an update, Gemini Spark gets an update![/oprahvoice]

The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark

You have your destination, and a solid enough starting point to begin your search in earnest. This whole thing had run the gamut from intriguing to pointless and back, but at least now you could make some headway. You followed, as close as could be done, the path depicted on the map. It was a crude drawing, and several times you found yourself doubling back on your path to make sure you hadn't deviated from the route it laid out.

Well, they were researchers, not artists. Or cartographers. You sigh, but even that isn't enough to deflate your spirits now, finally having a promising track that leads to... to... something! A key, perhaps. You ponder how far these researchers got in their quest, and you begin to hope that perhaps they had collected several of the keys before failing in their own attempt on the gate. That would certainly save time, at least...

You start to pay sharper attention to your surroundings, as you notice that you're nearing the end of the rough lines on the paper that demarcated the route. Your pulse quickening, you emerge suddenly and anti-climatically into a small clearing that housed the ruins you had sought.

You lower the map, your eyes drinking in the pitiful sight. The excitement recedes as rapidly as it came on, replaced with only the bitter twinge of time wasted. This resting place of the Key, this ancient ruin, this once-mighty glorious temple to the unknown... it was a fallen over cottage. Laying forgotten and uncared for in the grass were pieces of crumbled stone brickwork, rotting timbers that once supported a long-since decayed thatched roof. The only thing standing here now was a chimney stack, a sad and forlorn grave marker for a place that may once have held meaning, but no longer. Its shadow stretched eerily long, and seemed almost unnaturally dark. Even the grass and wildflowers grew less near its center, as though the shadow never moved with the passage of the sun.

You looked around at the relic, hoping against hope for some sign of a hidden trap door, or anything to mark a shrine. You find nothing, and are left standing alone. Not even the soft and subtle sounds of nature permeate this place, you notice.

Just your own steps, your own breaths, your own heartbeat in the stillness.

Just yourself, a chimney, and a shadow.

What will you do?
One clue continues to lead to another, but at least the path felt a little more straightforward. ...Or not. Hyrem had to backtrack a LOT to make sure he was actually following the path shown on the map in the journal. And maybe that was because the map was very badly drawn. Well, they were researchers, not artists, he thought to himself. Or cartographers. But this had to lead to somewhere important, otherwise there'd be no point in the scientists marking this place in the first place!

"How many keys could these guys have, anyway?" Hyrem said to himself. "Maybe they have some..." That'd make his quest a little easier... if he could find the scientists.

Okay, now another look at the scenery... Ooooh, getting closer! Hyrem's heart starts pounding as he runs past the trees and stops once he gets into the clearing.

"Oh, not again!" Hyrem yells in frustration. This all-important looking map lead him to a lame, rundown cottage! Old, crumbled walls, barely a roof to talk about, it was just the chimney stack left standing. And it left a weird shadow too; it was pretty long, and it didn't look like it moved at all. Which you'd think would be a sign of another clue around this junky house, but Hyrem will tell you he looked all over the place... nothing. It's also strangely... silent. Nothing else moving out there, nothing making a sound. And the last time nothing could be heard or seen, Hyrem was attacked by a mob of zombies. It's... still kind of a sensitive subject even today.

This left Hyrem to his thoughts... and he suddenly thought of something. That shadow really jumped out at him as interesting. The grass looked like it grew much slower than the rest of the grass, and that area looked almost perfectly outlined by the shadow. That told him the shadow somehow didn't move. Maybe if he had a closer look at the chimney... Or there could be something at the tip of the shadow... Or he could just walk in the direction the chimney's pointing to... Or just do all three of those things in order. Yeah, he'll do that. That sounds like a good idea to him. Start from up close to the chimney and then look in the direction where the shadow pointed. If he was right, he might find something...

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 09-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #980
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

The Rose Arch

DaisyInari – You start to summon a meeting in your usual manner, then account and adjust for the sleeping Roserade, actually living up to your namesake for once. Lily listens to your plan and nods in approval, while Victor looks less than enthused at playing the villain again, especially since Lily places firm restrictions on how far he can go this time. He is about to raise a vine to protest when Lily shoots him a glare more venomous than any poison. Thinking better, he promptly lowers it.

With the roles settled, you quickly order everyone into position. Lily and Victor resume their act, while you and Sunshine lie down on the side of the road so as not to be in the way, but making sure to leave yourselves a good view of the stage. Even though you’re technically supposed to pretend to be unconscious and hence have your eyes closed, you don’t want to miss any of this. Man, if only you had some popcorn right now. Or a .gif of Michael Jackson eating some.

You all wait for Tuxedo Rose to rise gloriously and reign victorious over Victreebel. However, the minutes tick by, and nothing happens. Victor soon grows tired of holding his cousin aloft, and starts to sneak a vine towards the sleeping star in order to slap him awake. Lily notices this and fires a few petals in his face, forcing him to release her. She hikes up her skirt in a huff and marches over to Tuxedo Rose, gently poking his cheek to try and rouse him. He mumbles something in his sleep, and Sunshine giggles as she informs you he’s saying something about macaroni. She then wiggles out from your grasp and goes over to help Lily. Together, the two use leaves and cotton to tickle his nose, until finally he sneezes with almost as much force as the former tornatow, blowing Sunshine conveniently back into your arms.

Lily panics as Tuxedo Rose sits up with a start, and you silently usher her to return. Show’s starting! Places, people! She hurries back and Victor lifts her up, pausing just before his mouth, while you and Sunshine feign fainting. Tuxedo Rose glances around dazedly, soon spotting his lady in danger. He leaps to his feet, almost tripping over his cape, but quickly corrects himself and brandishes his bouquet at Victor. With a vocal battle cry partly interrupted by a cough, he charges forward.

Victor looks like he’s about to dodge or launch a counterattack, but Lily gives a small shake of her head. Sighing, he allows Tuxedo Rose to stick a small thorn in his side. Giving an exaggerated cry of pain, he keels over, releasing Lily. She runs into Tuxedo Rose’s arms, who looks confused by the easy KO but flashes a triumphant pose anyway, pulling his princess close. You hold your breath as he then bows down on one knee, kissing the fair flower’s leaf as he asks to share sun and water together, ‘till wilting do they part. Lily dabs at dewdrops as she pronounces “yes” (which you hardly need Sunshine to translate), while you feel a few roll down your cheek.

Forgetting you’re supposed to be conquered and therefore quiet, you pull some of the used tissues out of your pocket and blow your nose again (ew) before clapping loudly. Tuxedo Rose startles and stares at you, as Sunshine covers her face with a cloud. You and Lily smile sheepishly, while Tuxedo Rose looks back and forth in bewilderment. Victor groans with exasperation and gets to his roots, giving up the façade as soon as he realizes the gig is up. This causes Tuxedo Rose to appear both hurt and ashamed, looking ready to crawl under his cloak and disappear.

Lily quickly comes clean, then kisses him in an attempt to placate and convince he was still her hero. He always was. Tuxedo Rose blinks and blushes, accepting the compliment. He even agrees to hang up the cape and crusade to focus on their romance instead. Guess he wasn’t really cut out for the hero business anyway. (Sunshine tugs on your sleeve, and points out Mr. Rose appears to be crossing his stems behind his back. Hm.)

As the two gaze deep into each other’s eyes, Victor clears his throat. You sense tension between him and Rose as they glare at each other for a moment, the former disapproving, the latter distrusting. Finally, Lily shears between the boys and forces them to make up. They extend foliage and shake grudgingly, still glowering. You wonder if you should step in to help reconcile their relationship somehow, but a wink from Lily convinces you that she can handle them.

Leaves lovingly intertwined, Lily and Rose then turn to you with sincere thanks and another exciting proposal. Sunshine squeals as she translates to you:

“They want to know if we want to attend their wedding under the Arch! And if you’ll be their flower girl, and me, the maid of honor!” She swoons with delight. “Oh, can we go? Please please please? Don’t you want to be a FLOOOWER GIIIIIRL~?”

Do you do?

"Oh Sunny, I just love happy endings~" Daisy sighed contentedly. She watched Lilligant accept Tuxedo Roserade's marriage proposal with tears of joy, pulling out a a slightly damp tissue to blow her perpetually runny nose. The scene proved to be so overwhelming to Daisy that she couldn't help but erupt into applause. "HOORAY! BRAVO, BRAVO! TRUE LOVE ALWAYS MAKES ONE HECK OF A STORY, EH SUNSHINE? I'M SO GLAD FOR THE BOTH OF YOU~" At the girl's outburst Tuxedo Rose snapped out of his blissful moment to notice a not-so-fainted girl cheering next to a facepalmwing'ing Swablu. Victor broke out of his acting as well, and it didn't take long for the hero to realize that this was all just a big ruse. Fortunately, Lily managed to placate her sweetheart before he could find a rock to crawl under forever. After a quick embrace, Tuxedo Rose even decided to give up the cape crusader business! Because she was just a child, all Daisy could see was the LOVE between these two petaled pokemon and gushed like the little fangirl she was. Sunshine, on the other hand, used her bird's-eye vision to catch the Roserade's crossed stems, which she pointed out to her trainer. Daisy giggles, saying, "Heehee, I guess old habits die hard, Sunny~ C'mon, let's go over and congratulate them properly!"

As they approached the newly-engaged couple, Daisy and Sunshine gave their best wishes. "Eeee we're so happy for you guys! You guys are now totally on my ship list~ Hope you two live long, incredibly fortunate and joyful lives together~" Tuxedo Rose and Lily blushed and expressed their thanks, but then Lily turned to the blue bird with a proposal of her own. As Sunny translated the words, both the bird and the girl became visibly more excited, jumping all over the place with glee when the bride-to-be finished her request. With sparkling eyes, Daisy gave her response faster than a Ninjask. "ARE YOU KIDDING? Of course we'd love to attend your wedding! I'd be honored to be your flower girl, and Sunny will definitely be the best maid of honor ever! I've never been to a pokemon wedding before and I'm so excitedddd and hnggg what am I gonna wear I look like a mess like seriously come on I have USED TISSUES dropping out of my pocket and-" The little girl had some mighty lungs, but when she took a breath to continue her rambling her Swablu quickly covered her mouth before turning to the couple. "Thank you so much for asking us! We'd absolutely love to attend the wedding as your flower girl and maid of honor~" she chirped brightly just as Daisy unmuffled herself, spitting out a cottony feather before adding, "So, now that this is all settled with, just tell us what we need to do to prepare!" She gave a salute, motioning for Sunshine to do the same. "Daisy and Sunshine, reporting for duty!"

Distracted as the trainer was, Daisy had a small nagging thought at the back of her mind. Sorry to delay the game a bit, Natu, but this is one thing I can't miss! You need to be punished with a little waiting for scaring me half to death anyway~ As soon as I'm done with this fantabulous wedding, we can resume again! And don't worry, I WILL FIND YOU~

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #981
Fireray
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Delibird Ridge:
Fireray

The battle had turned into a war of attrition, as both Pokemon forgot tactics and turned to simply slugging it out, hoping to out last the other. Cyndaquil threw itself at the Wingull in a flurry of tackles, knocking the bird once more from the air. The Wingull hit the ground on the first, a fully successful strike from Cyndaquil. The second slammed it bodily into the cavern wall, eliciting a brief squawk of pain from Wingull.

The wounded Pokemon fired another water gun, hitting Cyndaquil directly, but the fire-type charged through the pain for its third and final tackle. It rebounded off the Wingull and collapsed, its body heaving as it drew laborious breaths, trying to regain its composure. The Wingull was faring little better, as it shakily stood, apparently too exhausted to fly any longer. It growled weakly, though with its fatigue, the usually threatening tactic held little fear for Cyndaquil.

Your own pulse quickened, sensing that the battle was soon to be concluded, one way or another. Both Pokemon were nearly done for, exhausted, hurting. The smoke from the Cyndaquils smokescreen was beginning to filter out through natural holes and air currents in the cavern, leaving both of the combatants in plain sight of one another.

What will you do?

Cyndaquil tackled again charging at the Wingull. The Wingull cried in pain as Cyndaquil tackled him for the second time. Cyndaquil was just standing there over his weakened opponent not noticing water homing on him which hit him hard. Cyndaquil was angry and attacked Wingull with yet another tackle which of course meant that Cyndaquil was getting tried due to all those tackles. Wingull growled which hardly bothered Cyndaquil.
Fireray was grinning to himself after the round. It had ended in his flavours.
"Let's beat Wingull once and for all. Tackle it then use Smokescreen in his face". Fireray told the weakened fire mouse. Fireray took a Pokeball from his pocket and gripped it tight in it's hands wondering if he could catch the Wingull........
Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #982
Thrain
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Cloud Forest
Thrain: "Uhhh, there are two large openings in the air duct, one in the control room and the other in the supply room! Come with me!" The nurse leads you and Steven to the back of the Pokémon Center. There are quite a few doors, all labeled, but it doesn't seem like it is the time to stop to read them, with everyone running to stop the spiders and all. "Here!" the nurse says, grabbing her keys and taking a look at them before choosing one and opening the locked door, "This is the control room, and there it is!" The nurse points to a rather large opening to the duct, at least 3 feet high by 5 feet wide, which seems to be closed by a bolted door, the opening being about 7 feet up and 10 feet away from the wall where you entered. "Nurse, please take me to the supply room! Eric, you take care of this room while I go there!" The nurse nods at Steven leaving you to deal with this, hearing the steps coming closer to the control room in the air duct by the second. While the opening is held by a bolted door, it might be wise to prepare yourself, with the sound of what appears to be more than a couple of spiders walking the air duct...

What will you do?

Nurse Joy immediately responds to Eric's question, pulling out a set of keys. "Uhhh, there are two large openings in the air duct." She gestures for the group to follow as she races to the back of the Centre, finally stopping at a door labeled "CONTROL ROOM." Pushing the door aside, Eric immediately notices a long metal shaft across the room, a few feet up the opposite wall . A bolted door closes off the duct, although the scurrying noises appear to be emanating from behind it. Steven quickly notices this as well. "Nurse, please take me to the other air duct," he commands, looking straight towards Eric as he does so. "You take care of this room while I go there!" Nodding in understanding, Eric turns toward the metal shaft, preparing himself mentally for the task ahead as Steven and the nurse leave him to secure the other area of the Centre.

Gradually, as the seconds begin to tick by, the noise behind the bolted door rises. There must be several spiders that infiltrated the building. I might need an extra hand to deal with this.

Pulling out Cypress's Poké Ball from his backpack, Eric studies it closely as he ponders whether he is making the smartest decision. The Bellsprout has never battled a single Pokémon before, and there would be no way to predict how he would react. Deciding to brush aside his worries in light of the matter at hand, Eric releases Cypress in a flurry of white. A bulbous head and spindly, root-like legs and arms meet Eric's eyes as the grass-type materializes in front of him. Looking around curiously at his surroundings, the newly-caught Pokémon lets out a shout of rage at the sight of Blaze, reliving in his mind the previous battle and subsequent loss.

The Bellsprout saunters over and rises to his full height, looking down at Blaze with beady little eyes. A silent conversation seems to pass between the two, after which Blaze begins to growl softly in annoyance. Sensing a fight brewing, Eric rushes forward to separate the two Pokémon when he hears the sound of skittering surge upward in volume. It looks a fight's nearly upon us, one way or the other, he thinks to himself morbidly...

Last edited by Thrain; 09-20-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #983
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Sympathy for the Devil

Kairne

>>> Your Update Link <<<

Delibird Ridge:

Fireray

Cyndaquil pushed forward despite its pain, eager to please you and prove itself in battle. This was a big moment for a rookie Trainer, and an even bigger moment of truth for a rookie Pokemon. Careers could be made or destroyed in the first battle a Pokemon enters, as it sets the standard against which all of its future contests will be judged. Here, deep inside this cavern, facing a distinct type disadvantage, you and your friend have stood your ground.

The fight has been a knock-down, drag-out affair thus far. The end doesn't seem to hold any promise of being less brutal than the combat preceding it. Your fingers dig into the empty Pokeball in your hand as you wait for your chance to toss it, to risk your young reputation and possibly make a catch. The rest of the world sank away from your mind, as you focused on this one thing, this one fight.

Cyndaquil reengaged the enemy.

Despite its pain and exhaustion, Cyndaquil barrels for the Wingull. The Wingull, equally depleted of energy, pours the last reserves of its focus into one final supersonic blast- but Cyndaquil seemed to not even notice, lowing right through to deliver another devastating tackle, smashing the Wingull once more into the rough stone behind it.

Cyndaquil stayed close, keeping and pressing his momentary upper hand by releasing another thick smokescreen- the collapsed Wingull was shielded from your view, but Cyndaquil still knew where it was, and was keeping his eyes on its last position intently.

What will you do?

The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew

As you follow the Poochyena, you notice he's becoming more and more excited. He speeds up gradually, more and more, almost at the risk of leaving you behind. Still, you keep pace, the adrenaline at the prospects of something truly exciting happening already coursing through your veins. You dart past opulent and impressive water features, some seemingly natural and some man made, though the beauty of your surroundings is lost on you as you struggle to keep up with Max.

He leads you for what feels like miles, before his pace slows. Nearby, you hear the call of a clearly angry Starly- followed shortly by a grunt of human origin. Clearly, Rawk has been successful in pinpointing the suspect. Max lowers his head, teeth bared, ready for your command as Rawk darts back to meet up with you. You and this man in black were divided, it seemed, by a high earthwork wall separating two small ponds. You near your side of the wall, and scramble up, risking a peak, praying the man might have assumed the Starly was wild.

Your luck holds, for the moment- he fails to spot you, and seems to have forgotten Rawks presence entirely. As for the rest of the scene, however, you're at a complete loss to explain. The man- dressed, as Dr. Kaku has said, in uniform black, he knelt over a small cage of some sort. His back was to you, and his body blocked any view you might have of what was inside the cage itself. Scattered at his feet were what seemed like peculiar metallic objects. One resembled a necklace or band, but the rest were as mysterious as the mans identity.

You slide silently down the dividing wall, taking a moment to gather your thoughts and form a plan of action.

What do you do?

The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark

You step towards the chimney stack, having carefully weighed out and chosen a plan of action. Well, the only plan that seemed to hold in any merit, given the state of (what you'd assumed would be) the key shrine. As you near the chimney, you begin to notice... something. You try to find the words to it in your mind, but draw a blank.

There's only an odd, insistent perception that gnaws at you, telling you that each step closer to this chimney stack, things were getting changed. You pause, still several yards from the chimney itself, and evaluate your surroundings. The same grass. The same smell of decomposing autumn leaves. You glance skyward, wondering if perhaps the light had changed- indicating nightfall. Maybe that was it. It was rational, after all- this place was vaguely spooky. The subtle shift in lighting might be enough to set off some subconscious panic alarm in the back of your mind.

The sun had already sank behind the cover of overhanging trees to the west, but so far as you could tell, things seemed exactly as they had when you'd first entered the strange clearing. You sigh heavily, kicking at a piece of crumbling masonry near your feet before beginning your walk to the chimney stack.

The small hunk of ancient brickwork splinters at the kick, small bits of it flying off, sending up a cloud of dust. Just as you near the chimney stack itself, however, something catches your eye- a small hint of movement in your periphery. You face it.

A piece of stone brick, perhaps an inch to a side, fell to earth. Slowly. In fact, it was still falling while you tried to register what it was, tumbling in some strange defiance of gravity. You stare at the physics defying anomaly, suddenly uncomfortably aware of the shadows lurking presence behind you.

What will you do?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #984
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
The Fountain Garden
OkikuMew

As you follow the Poochyena, you notice he's becoming more and more excited. He speeds up gradually, more and more, almost at the risk of leaving you behind. Still, you keep pace, the adrenaline at the prospects of something truly exciting happening already coursing through your veins. You dart past opulent and impressive water features, some seemingly natural and some man made, though the beauty of your surroundings is lost on you as you struggle to keep up with Max.

He leads you for what feels like miles, before his pace slows. Nearby, you hear the call of a clearly angry Starly- followed shortly by a grunt of human origin. Clearly, Rawk has been successful in pinpointing the suspect. Max lowers his head, teeth bared, ready for your command as Rawk darts back to meet up with you. You and this man in black were divided, it seemed, by a high earthwork wall separating two small ponds. You near your side of the wall, and scramble up, risking a peak, praying the man might have assumed the Starly was wild.

Your luck holds, for the moment- he fails to spot you, and seems to have forgotten Rawks presence entirely. As for the rest of the scene, however, you're at a complete loss to explain. The man- dressed, as Dr. Kaku has said, in uniform black, he knelt over a small cage of some sort. His back was to you, and his body blocked any view you might have of what was inside the cage itself. Scattered at his feet were what seemed like peculiar metallic objects. One resembled a necklace or band, but the rest were as mysterious as the mans identity.

You slide silently down the dividing wall, taking a moment to gather your thoughts and form a plan of action.

What do you do?
Had a lot of fun doing that update, and you can probably see/read why!

I desperately try to follow Max, but he keeps running faster and faster... that's my Poochyena for you; Once he have something in mind, he goes all out straight to it! I'm surprised that I am able to somewhat keep up with him, I'm usually a pretty bad runner... that's what happens when you're in trainer in hot pursuit to adventure, I guess!

After so much running that it felt like a marathon, my dog Pokémon slows down, then I suddenly hear an angry cry of a familiar bird shortly followed by someone's grunting. I facepalm. He found his way to get discovered by most likely the suspect we're looking for... Great. Max prepares himself for a fight already, while moments later Rawk comes back to me.

"Dude," I say to my Starly, "I told you to not do anything!"

He rolls his eyes and turns his back to me.

"...Ok, we'll see what we can make up of that," I sigh.

I look over where Rawk came back to see a wall of dirt. I guess there's only one way to find the whole thing out... I crack my fingers and climb the wall as much as I can so I can get a peek. Not only I am able to see the man, but he didn't notice me as well. He seems to be our guy since it fits Dr. Kaku's description, not to mention the sent of that hat lead us here. He seems to be in front of some cage, with a bunch of metal doodads, including some kind of necklace. I slowly slide back down to hatch a plan.

"...Rawk," I whisper, "did you see anything particular about that cage, like what's inside of it?"

He simply ignores me, still facing away.

"Ugh, alright then. ...Here, he made you mad, and he probably thinks you're just an annoying wild Pokémon. How 'bout you give him a little Fly treatment to him to pay him back and show him, hm?"

Rawk suddenly turns to me with a big smile on his beak.

"I see you like my idea," I smile back at him. "On two conditions though: do it only after I get back up on this wall, and hit him in a way that it'll make him move away from the cage so I can see it, ok?"

He happily nods, not minding the conditions at all as long as he gets to beat the crap out of the man.

"Max," I look at him, "I'll try to bring you up there with me; or you could try to get up there yourself if you think you can do it. If by any chance what he's doing there doesn't look good, jump down on his side of the wall and corner him against the wall; a nice big Howl after you land would help, too. If he tries to flee..." I grin mischievously, "Get after him and Bite his trousers down. He won't be going anywhere fast then, and will give a new meaning to 'get caught with your pants down'."

My Poochyena grins back and holds back a laugh, very amused about this strange but hilarious strategy.

"But if we still don't know what in the world he is doing," I continue, "or what he's doing looks harmless enough... you won't do anything else other than watch, and same with me. And Rawk, in that situation, you can do whatever you want. As long as you don't come back to us for a while and continue to do your wild 'angry bird' impression, okie?"

Rawk quietly squats in response then readies his move, waiting for me to climb back at the top of the wall with Poochyena in one arm.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #985
Fireray
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Delibird Ridge:

Fireray

Cyndaquil pushed forward despite its pain, eager to please you and prove itself in battle. This was a big moment for a rookie Trainer, and an even bigger moment of truth for a rookie Pokemon. Careers could be made or destroyed in the first battle a Pokemon enters, as it sets the standard against which all of its future contests will be judged. Here, deep inside this cavern, facing a distinct type disadvantage, you and your friend have stood your ground.

The fight has been a knock-down, drag-out affair thus far. The end doesn't seem to hold any promise of being less brutal than the combat preceding it. Your fingers dig into the empty Pokeball in your hand as you wait for your chance to toss it, to risk your young reputation and possibly make a catch. The rest of the world sank away from your mind, as you focused on this one thing, this one fight.

Cyndaquil reengaged the enemy.

Despite its pain and exhaustion, Cyndaquil barrels for the Wingull. The Wingull, equally depleted of energy, pours the last reserves of its focus into one final supersonic blast- but Cyndaquil seemed to not even notice, lowing right through to deliver another devastating tackle, smashing the Wingull once more into the rough stone behind it.

Cyndaquil stayed close, keeping and pressing his momentary upper hand by releasing another thick smokescreen- the collapsed Wingull was shielded from your view, but Cyndaquil still knew where it was, and was keeping his eyes on its last position intently.

What will you do?
Fireray knew he had to win or else but could he beat a water type with a fire type. If it would be a higher level then no but in the lower tiers the type barley had any effect. He gritted his teeth and he thought Cyndaquil did too. He knew he had to end it quickly.

Cyndaquil used his last bits of strength to attack the Wingull. Cyndaquil wanted to collapse but the thought being here with his trainer kept him going. Wingull seemed to notice the delay and used it for a supersonic but Cyndaquil didn't notice and kept charging forward. The sound of Wingull hitting the stone filled the cave. Poor Wingull but what could Fireray do Cyndaquil was too engaged in the battle so he couldn't take him out of the cave quickly, not that he really wanted to. Cyndaquil fired another smokescreen which filled the air once more. Cyndaquil was staring where Wingull is or was.
"Nice job Cyndaquil. Let's finish him now. Use tackle then leer after all that shout to me about if the Wingull has fainted."shouted Fireray to his fiery friend.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #986
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Quote:
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark

You step towards the chimney stack, having carefully weighed out and chosen a plan of action. Well, the only plan that seemed to hold in any merit, given the state of (what you'd assumed would be) the key shrine. As you near the chimney, you begin to notice... something. You try to find the words to it in your mind, but draw a blank.

There's only an odd, insistent perception that gnaws at you, telling you that each step closer to this chimney stack, things were getting changed. You pause, still several yards from the chimney itself, and evaluate your surroundings. The same grass. The same smell of decomposing autumn leaves. You glance skyward, wondering if perhaps the light had changed- indicating nightfall. Maybe that was it. It was rational, after all- this place was vaguely spooky. The subtle shift in lighting might be enough to set off some subconscious panic alarm in the back of your mind.

The sun had already sank behind the cover of overhanging trees to the west, but so far as you could tell, things seemed exactly as they had when you'd first entered the strange clearing. You sigh heavily, kicking at a piece of crumbling masonry near your feet before beginning your walk to the chimney stack.

The small hunk of ancient brickwork splinters at the kick, small bits of it flying off, sending up a cloud of dust. Just as you near the chimney stack itself, however, something catches your eye- a small hint of movement in your periphery. You face it.

A piece of stone brick, perhaps an inch to a side, fell to earth. Slowly. In fact, it was still falling while you tried to register what it was, tumbling in some strange defiance of gravity. You stare at the physics defying anomaly, suddenly uncomfortably aware of the shadows lurking presence behind you.

What will you do?
Each step closer to the chimney told Hyrem that something was... off about this place. He tried to figure out what it might be but it just wasn't coming to him.

"Something's... changing..." he whispered to himself. He looked around, but he only saw... the same blades of grass... the same leaves on the ground... What about the sky? Nightfall now, but... the lighting was... still the same. "This is getting frustrating," he moaned quietly before kicking an old piece of brick to dust. The dust soon forms into a cloud as he continues walking towards the chimney, and-

Movement. Barely noticeable, but he could see a brick falling... slowly... What in the world? And then, before he was allowed to inquire about the physics of this place, he could sense it.

Someone... or something, was behind him.

"Who's there?" he asked, turning around to meet this presence, holding the Premier Ball on his belt, ready to let Leila, his Sneasel, have her first battle, if he needed to.

Please don't be zombies... please don't be zombies... PLEASE don't be zombies... his mind pleads to the mysterious entity. He could feel that instinct coming on, that he was about to find himself in another tough situation. Who was following him? Or was it always here? Hyrem was going to see...

Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #987
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Kitty darts towards the Rapidash, ramming into it with a Fake Out, spooking it slightly, making it neigh and raise its front legs. "Rapidash, relax! Use a Quick Attack on them! Then hit them both with Ember! Finish this by Growling as loudly as you can, make sure to show them who is the boss!" A Water Pulse hits the Rapidash, taking health away from it, and while the attack is super effective, it doesn't seem to be as effective as it should be. The Rapidash dashes towards Kitty first, who is unable to dodge the attack, sending her back to your feet as she is hit, and then it Quick Attacks Minori, who also gets hit by the attack, lowering his health slightly, as well as Kitty's. Both Pokémon shake off the attack, recovering from it rather quickly, Monori recovering from it quick enough to dodge the Ember the Rapidash spat towards him right after the first attack, but Kitty is not so lucky as the flames hit her and take a bit of health away from her as they disappear. Minori charges and spits out another Water Pulse at the Rapidash, making it stop while the water attack hits it. The horse with the fire mane gets out of the way after being struck by the water attack, and Growls loudly, intimidating both Skitty and Seel, both their attacks lowered after that. Kitty winks at the Rapidash, sending a heart shaped bubble at it. The bubble explodes on the Rapidash, with the Attract resulting with no effect. "Haha, you'll need to do better than that if you want to beat me! Hit them with a Flame Wheel first! Then follow it up by Stomping all over them and raise your speed with Agility!"

What will you do now?
Kitty’s Fake Out is a success, scaring the far larger Rapidash fairly easily, to Noriko’s surprise. The other trainer didn’t seem too worried. "Rapidash, relax! Use a Quick Attack on them! Then hit them both with Ember! Finish this by Growling as loudly as you can, make sure to show them who is the boss!" Minori’s Water Pulse was a straight hit but for some reason unknown to Noriko the effect wasn’t as big as she’d expected. Rapidash dashed at Kitty, then Minori with Quick Attack, sending Kitty flying right by Noriko’s feet and lowering Minori’s health. The Ember-attack followed right afterwards, hitting Kitty again – at least Minori was lucky enough to dodge the attack and retaliate with Water Pulse. The water made Rapidash stop right on its tracks and Growl, intimidating both Minori and Kitty. Noriko started to notice that being such a large Pokémon in a closed space like this must have an effect on its capabilities…

Noriko snapped her attention back to the battle, with Kitty trying to Attract Rapidash to herself. The little heart-bubbles exploded right on the mark – with no effect! The kidnapped was having the time of his life from the looks of it. "Haha, you'll need to do better than that if you want to beat me! Hit them with a Flame Wheel first! Then follow it up by Stomping all over them and raise your speed with Agility!"

The young woman clenched her fist tightly before swinging her arm in an arch to the right. “Kitty, hide under furniture and run behind corners while using Bullet Seed and Sing to distract Rapidash! Midori, you hit it with two Mud Slaps to get its aim off target!”
Old 09-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #988
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:

Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: The Nidoran tries to strike first, ramming into Blazer with a Tackle, taking little health away from him, but Blazer quickly takes advantage of the closeness between them and swipes the Nidoran with a Night Slash. The Nidoran shrieks in pain, and stumbles a bit, before falling to the ground, unable to battle any further. Level up for Torchic!

"Well, it looks like we are done dealing with these mischievous critters," Anne says, holding the Pokéball that now houses one of the Nidoran in her hand. "We don't have any replacement wheels or a way to repair the tires popped by the Nidoran's attack," the man says. Anne then starts again, "Okay, now we need to think of a way to get these supplies to the Pokémon Center. We will need to make at least two trips if we take what we can and then come back, which means we would need to leave someone here to guard the rest of the supplies, so I'd rather not do that. Any idea on how we can take the supplies in one go? Wait, I have someone that can maybe help us!" Anne takes another Pokéball from her belt, and releases a brown bird with a green stick. "Far-Far-Fetch!" it chirps. "Okay so we have a Ponyta, Chikorita, Torchic, and Farfetch'd what do you think we should do? My Pokémon know all their Hidden Machine, Egg and Move Tutor moves if that helps." Anne adds. With only trees, dirt, a truck (with 2 doors in the back that are about 6 feet wide by 10 feet high), and the Pokémon you see at your disposal, (including the wild KO'ed Nidoran) it looks like walking there with the supplies will be a last resort, with at least two trips needed.

What will you do?
OOC: Sorry for the looooooong wait. Got some things to do. Anyway...

Thinking deeply within his logical side of mind, the young trainer thinks of an effective way to deliver the needed supplies, and quick! With the ranger's primary idea on hand, and his surroundings, he rushes on with an advanced one... "It's a good idea that we will carry those things, but a two-trip route is just a no-no for now. It's time consuming, and once we carry these supplies, no one can guard the left ones properly; yet, I have enhanced this idea of yours, Anne. Have Chikorita and your fastest Pokemon find wild Pokemon to help us. Chikorita must talk to them since the Pokemon is also wild, and the fast one will travel quickly with it to gain more recruits. We will guard the area until back-up arrives. That's...what at least I have in mind. Any suggestions?" Blazer, although injured, stood up. "If that's the case, I and Ponyta will need a medication. It's okay for me to take another beating, but the horse? I don't know." With some trouble on mind, Nagasaki replied without hesitation. "We gt to try. It might be the best way..."
Old 09-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #989
tau
Cascade Badge

Comfortably Numb

Kairne

>>> Your Update Link <<<

Delibird Ridge:

Fireray

You stand, fists clenched as you wait for confirmation of your victory- or possible defeat. For a few moments, the entire cavern is silent apart from the soft whisper of inhaled breath. You scan the smoke slowly, looking for any sign of either your Pokemon or the wild one.

Several meters in front of you, you see a sudden and almost indistinguishable flurry of movement in the haziness. There's another thud of Pokemon-on-Pokemon contact, as Cyndaquil goes in for a final tackle, crushing the exhausted Wingull into the wall one more time.

Cyndaquil walks backwards slowly, leering at his collapsed foe, walking to a clearing in the smoke so that you could see him once more. "Cynda!" He calls to you, his voice clearly strained. It sounds as though Wingull has been knocked out!

What will you do?

The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark

As you spin to face the advancing presence, you find yourself face to face with absolutely nothing. At least, nothing that hadn't been there originally. You're getting too jumpy, you think- apparently that encounter with the zombies had left some kind of emotional toll on your psyche.

As you stare, trying to collect your thoughts, the shadow in the bottom of your field of vision changes. You don't know how to describe it, except that it was a sort of pulse or subtle shift in tone. You step nearer, trying to figure out what had changed to cause the impression of the pulse, when you notice that it's grown noticeably darker, now completely obscuring any view of the ground beneath it.

Before you get a chance to explore the phenomenon any further, you feel something similar to a tremendous gust of wind pushing you towards the shadow itself. You stumble forward slightly, but manage to catch yourself, reaching out to grab hold of the chimney stack with one arm, bracing yourself.

This proves to only be a delaying tactic, however, as the strange ethereal wind picks up in intensity, threatening to knock you to the ground.

You look for something more sturdy to brace with, or some way to escape, beginning to wonder why all this supernatural crap has to happen to you.

Escape, or go face to face with the shadow.

What will you do?

The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew

You scramble slowly and carefully up the embankment with the Poochyena, holding onto him as he tried to get a grip and brace himself for his charge, to put Phase II of your plan into action. You and Max wait, breathing softly, smirking to yourself at the sheer absurdity of the situation.

Right on cue, Rawk swoops in from far above the man in black, flying right into the side of the head, knocking him over. As the Starly wheeled around to withdraw, Max leaped over the wall and charged the man. Almost the instant he was back on his feet, Max drove into him, teeth gripping onto the poor guys belt, dangling and growling as he attempted to either pull the pants down, or pull the man back to the ground.

Rawk gives another fly-over to check on the cage, and begins calling loudly to get your attention- you lean forward, straining to see what was locked inside.

In the back of the cage, huddled against the wall, you see a little Staryu, slumped to the side, apparently hurt. You gasp at the revelation- Dr. Kaku was right, it seemed. What was going on here?!

Max let go and jumped away from the man, deftly avoiding a hastily aimed kick. The man in black wrenched a Pokeball from a clip on his belt, releasing a particularly nasty looking Zubat, who hovered between him and Max, awaiting his orders.

You take a moment to assess the situation, checking to make sure Rawk had at least escaped the mans notice.

What will you do?

Last edited by tau; 09-25-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #990
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew

You scramble slowly and carefully up the embankment with the Poochyena, holding onto him as he tried to get a grip and brace himself for his charge, to put Phase II of your plan into action. You and Max wait, breathing softly, smirking to yourself at the sheer absurdity of the situation.

Right on cue, Rawk swoops in from far above the man in black, flying right into the side of the head, knocking him over. As the Starly wheeled around to withdraw, Max leaped over the wall and charged the man. Almost the instant he was back on his feet, Max drove into him, teeth gripping onto the poor guys belt, dangling and growling as he attempted to either pull the pants down, or pull the man back to the ground.

Rawk gives another fly-over to check on the cage, and begins calling loudly to get your attention- you lean forward, straining to see what was locked inside.

In the back of the cage, huddled against the wall, you see a little Staryu, slumped to the side, apparently hurt. You gasp at the revelation- Dr. Kaku was right, it seemed. What was going on here?!

Max let go and jumped away from the man, deftly avoiding a hastily aimed kick. The man in black wrenched a Pokeball from a clip on his belt, releasing a particularly nasty looking Zubat, who hovered between him and Max, awaiting his orders.

You take a moment to assess the situation, checking to make sure Rawk had at least escaped the mans notice.

What will you do?
It's pretty hard climbing it up again, having lost energy from climbing it the first time and how with an added weight and one hand less to use, but I pull it off with Max in tow. As soon as we got to the top, we look at each other with a big, mischievous smile. Rawk doesn't hesitate and starts flying right at the man, successfully knocking him on the ground. Before I'm able to check what's up with that cage, my Poochyena jumps right at the guy in black, getting a good grip on his belt to bring him or his pants down.

I look at the scene, hold in a laugh of what would eventually happen, until my Starly catches my attention back to the cage by squawking loudly. I push my glasses more to my face to get a slightly better view, and somewhat as expected, there was a Pokémon, a young and wounded Staryu, in that cage. So Kaku was right! I know fishing is bad here, but trapping? That's even worse!

My train of thought gets cut by the sound of an opening Pokéball, which the guy threw to battle against Max. I see in the corner of my eye Hawk hiding back in some trees, probably thinking that he still have to act like a wild Pokémon even though it's clear that man is up to no good.

"Catching Pokémon with cages and zapping devices instead of the old fashion way, and pushing random people into lakes, aren't you?" I say to him right before jumping off the wall on his side, right beside the cage. "Tsk tsk tsk," I wiggle my index finger with a smug on my face, "you've been a bad boy! Too bad you've been caught red-handed. Max," I order to him, "Start Howling, then blind the Zubat with Sand-Attack and put your Ice Fangs right into him!"

As my Poochyena barks in response and readies himself into battle, I look behind me to check on the trapped Staryu, its core sadly blinking.

"It's gonna be ok," I tell it, "I promise I'll get you out of there and heal you as soon we take care of him, alright?"

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-25-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: D'oh, forgot to put in the size, colors 'n' stuff.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:35 AM   #991
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Rainbow Waterfalls: A lush green area with many caves and secret hideouts. Pokemon of all kinds are drawn to the area due to its serenity and rich source of nutrition. The spray from the waterfalls create many rainbows which hang in the skies above making it a popular destination for pokemon trainers and tourists alike.

"Don't get distracted Jeremy! We are almost there."

The teenager and his Heracross were nearing the Waterfalls now, they could hear the crashing down of the water. Jeremy kept on getting distracted by the beautiful plant life that surrounded the path they were taking. Noises of Pokémon rustling in the bushes was good to hear, it meant there would be some action! What were they to find? There is a great variety of Pokémon at the Rainbow Waterfalls and that is what attracted Henry. He wasn't after anything specific, that was his thing. All he wanted was a good time to bond with his Pokémon and watch them grow to their full potential. Henry then looks down at his shoes and notices that they are a little bit dirty.

"Well Jeremy, it appears I will have to clean these when we get to the waterfall, we can use some of Blaze's heat to dry them out, or something of the like. We can work it out when we get there I guess!"

A nod is the response from Jeremy who always has a funny little smile on his face. Heracross is Henry's favourite bug type and he is glad to have him on board. Henry also pulls out his other Pokéball and wonders, why not? And throws it into the air to reveal his starter, Blaze. The Houndour looks around astonished at the beauty of the forest and looks up at Henry almost surprised before going and sniffing a plant.

"It's beautiful isn't it Blaze!"

Blaze just turns around with a weird grin on his face which makes Henry laugh all the time. He then returns to those plants he was looking at. Henry and Blaze have a special bond, some would say that if Blaze wasn't a Pokémon, they would be related! Blaze and Henry understand each other well and treat each other like brothers, although Henry would be the big brother, always having to keep Blaze in line. Blaze liked an adventure just as much as Henry, although he looks slightly worried at the possibilities of seeing some water Pokémon in the zone. It will be a confrontation for him, but that's why Henry brought him. He knew it would be good for the Houndour and that he needed to get over this natural fear. The group continue on as the crashing gets louder and louder with each step. An adventure was just within reach and all 3 knew it and craved it. This is why they do what they do.

OOC: This is where I hand it over to my updator, thanks in advance and a link to my stats can be found here.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #992
tau
Cascade Badge

hen da man, have you been picked up by a ZA officially? If not, and if none of the other CG ZA's object, I have space for you in my Update group.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #993
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

No one has picked me up yet so I would be happy for you to do my updates

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad
Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #994
tau
Cascade Badge

Alright hen, you are now officially in my update group. I'll slip you in when I get the next round posted. Welcome aboard~
Old 09-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #995
tau
Cascade Badge

Welcome to the Jungle

Kairne, Fireray, Gemini Spark

>>> Look Back Here <<<

As for hen da man, welcome aboard! Let's get this started, shall we? ^^

Rainbow Waterfalls:

hen da man

You and your Pokemon companions poke around and explore the area, making the most of your time together out in the opulence and natural beauty of your surroundings. Despite the sometimes powerful roar of the waterfalls here, you can still see and hear the occasional wild Pokemon as they went about their lives. Here a Goldeen leaps from a small lake at the foot of a mighty waterfall, glistening in the spray; there, a young Rattata darts through the grass, chasing something you can't quite make out.

You remark on the beauty of the place to Blaze, as you drink it all in, smiling. "It really is, isn't it?" comes the reply! You jump slightly, momentarily startled by the unexpected response, turning to see from whom it had come. Standing near a little copse of trees, having evidently been hidden from view inside it, stands a young woman. She's smiling widely, apparently overjoyed that someone is enjoying the location as much as she is! She's dressed in what can best be described as safari-style khakis, her blonde hair tied in a neat bun. Hanging around her neck is a very expensive looking professional camera, on which she has one hand resting casually. She steps forward and reached the other hand out towards you, bowing her head slightly in greeting. "Hi, I'm Lana. Photographer," she says with a quiet laugh, indicating the camera. "This is one of my favorite places to get material, it's just lovely!"

What will you do?

The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew

The stranger in black spins in place away from the Poochyena to face you, his face a mask of rage. He glares, presumably lost for words, before managing to regain his composure somewhat. He laughs, a sort of bitter, dry laugh. "Zapping devices? You're in over your head, girl. Turn around and run, and we can forget you ever bumbled into this." His voice is low and cold, the practiced tone of a professional criminal- though you can see, if you look closely enough, his hands are shaking. Small beads of sweat form on his brow, and his eyes shift rapidly in small increments.

For his smooth speech, he's apparently extremely nervous. He seems not to be looking at you, however, but around you, as though waiting for something or someone else to appear as well. He steps back in front of the cage, kicking it backwards, sending it sliding a few feet farther away from you. His Zubat stays close, but keeps itself focused on Max, hovering in place about a meter off the ground.

Max takes the initiative, letting forth a powerful howl as it began to charge the Zubat, catching both it and its trainer off-guard. The Zubat fluttered into the combat, releasing a hastily aimed blast of supersonic noise, but Max seemed to be unaffected.

Max continued with a sand-attack, throwing the Zubat slightly off kilter, and finally reaching melee range and tearing into his enemy with Ice Fang. The Zubat flinches in pain, fluttering away from the angry Poochyena.

The black-clad trainer growls under his breath, almost shoving the Zubat back towards Max. "Leech Life it!" he shouts, his hands balling into fists. The Zubat follows the order, the attack restoring a small portion of its energy even as Max yelps in pain. The Poochyena is still standing though, and ready to fight as long as necessary to stop the bad guys!

What will you do?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #996
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew

The stranger in black spins in place away from the Poochyena to face you, his face a mask of rage. He glares, presumably lost for words, before managing to regain his composure somewhat. He laughs, a sort of bitter, dry laugh. "Zapping devices? You're in over your head, girl. Turn around and run, and we can forget you ever bumbled into this." His voice is low and cold, the practiced tone of a professional criminal- though you can see, if you look closely enough, his hands are shaking. Small beads of sweat form on his brow, and his eyes shift rapidly in small increments.

For his smooth speech, he's apparently extremely nervous. He seems not to be looking at you, however, but around you, as though waiting for something or someone else to appear as well. He steps back in front of the cage, kicking it backwards, sending it sliding a few feet farther away from you. His Zubat stays close, but keeps itself focused on Max, hovering in place about a meter off the ground.

Max takes the initiative, letting forth a powerful howl as it began to charge the Zubat, catching both it and its trainer off-guard. The Zubat fluttered into the combat, releasing a hastily aimed blast of supersonic noise, but Max seemed to be unaffected.

Max continued with a sand-attack, throwing the Zubat slightly off kilter, and finally reaching melee range and tearing into his enemy with Ice Fang. The Zubat flinches in pain, fluttering away from the angry Poochyena.

The black-clad trainer growls under his breath, almost shoving the Zubat back towards Max. "Leech Life it!" he shouts, his hands balling into fists. The Zubat follows the order, the attack restoring a small portion of its energy even as Max yelps in pain. The Poochyena is still standing though, and ready to fight as long as necessary to stop the bad guys!

What will you do?
The man in black moves around so he is no longer near Max, but near me instead. He is clearly enraged, and stares down at me very intensely. He laughs out loud, likely to keep a strong face.

"Zapping devices? You're in over your head, girl," he says in a smooth, sly tone. "Turn around and run, and we can forget you ever bumbled into this."

"You're asking the wrong girl to run away like a little sissy," I shake my head with a smile, putting my hands on my hips. "What? You want to run away too? Heh, perhaps you should man up a little."

Poor guy's in really shaking in his boots, sweating buckets off his forehead and looking the surroundings like crazy. Perhaps he's scared of Rawk showing up again? He suddenly gets right beside the cage and kicks it away from me! I holding in a gasp by tightening my teeth, hoping it didn't hurt the Staryu much. Max, not able to take it anymore, finally jumps in to attack I ordered earlier: He howls to pump himself up, surprising both the Zubat and his trainer. The bat tries to counter with supersonic, but to my surprise didn't affect my Poochyena (him having sensitive ears). Max then chains together both Sand-Attack and Ice Fang, hitting his target well on both.

"Leech Life it!" the dark-clothed guy orders.

My dog Pokémon painfully barks from the attacker's move, healing said attacker. After the effects wears off though, he shakes his head and growls, ready to continue.

"So you can fight after all!" I giggle at the poor crook's face. "Alright then, Max, throw some more sand at 'im, then follow with a nice big Bite then while still having a grip on him, throw in some thunder into your fangs!"

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-26-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Keep forgetting the formatting... T-T
Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #997
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Quote:
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark

As you spin to face the advancing presence, you find yourself face to face with absolutely nothing. At least, nothing that hadn't been there originally. You're getting too jumpy, you think- apparently that encounter with the zombies had left some kind of emotional toll on your psyche.

As you stare, trying to collect your thoughts, the shadow in the bottom of your field of vision changes. You don't know how to describe it, except that it was a sort of pulse or subtle shift in tone. You step nearer, trying to figure out what had changed to cause the impression of the pulse, when you notice that it's grown noticeably darker, now completely obscuring any view of the ground beneath it.

Before you get a chance to explore the phenomenon any further, you feel something similar to a tremendous gust of wind pushing you towards the shadow itself. You stumble forward slightly, but manage to catch yourself, reaching out to grab hold of the chimney stack with one arm, bracing yourself.

This proves to only be a delaying tactic, however, as the strange ethereal wind picks up in intensity, threatening to knock you to the ground.

You look for something more sturdy to brace with, or some way to escape, beginning to wonder why all this supernatural crap has to happen to you.

Escape, or go face to face with the shadow.

What will you do?
Spinning around, Hyrem stared down... nothing. Whatever was there was likely long gone. Man, I must be getting paranoid, he thought. That zombie attack really had a lasting effect on him; he made a note to himself to pay Phantom Isle back sometime.

He continues to stare, trying to figure out what was going on... did that shadow just move? No, it didn't really move, it just looks... darker. Some sort of... pulse or something. Now this was mysterious. Hyrem takes another step towards the shadow... it gets really dark after that. He then gets conflicting feelings: look into it more, or think about getting away from it?

"Whoa, whoa!" Hyrem suddenly said as he was somehow being pulled towards the shadow. He trips slightly, barely able to hold his footing and get a hand on the chimney stack. The mysterious force only pulls harder in response, and it was getting harder to hold on. Even worse, he couldn't really see anything else to keep him from being pulled in by... whatever it was.

"Why me!?" Hyrem shouted out loud. First zombies, and now this!? At least his adventures in Whale Island made some amount of sense! Anyway, this shadow... thing... didn't look very good, so he needed some way to fight it off. And the best way to fight something off?

"Daphne, let's synch up and battle!" he says as he releases his Nuzleaf from his Pokeball. She appears off to the side and outside of the shadow.

"Leaf!? Nuzleaf!" she calls out to Hyrem in concern.

"Quick, the shadow's your target! Try throwing a Razor Leaf at it!" he urgently shouts to Nuzleaf. Perhaps this phenomenon was Pokemon-based, and an attack against the shadow would either prove or disprove his theory. If it wasn't a Pokemon behind this... well, he wouldn't have a clue what to do then!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #998
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Rainbow Waterfalls:

hen da man

You and your Pokemon companions poke around and explore the area, making the most of your time together out in the opulence and natural beauty of your surroundings. Despite the sometimes powerful roar of the waterfalls here, you can still see and hear the occasional wild Pokemon as they went about their lives. Here a Goldeen leaps from a small lake at the foot of a mighty waterfall, glistening in the spray; there, a young Rattata darts through the grass, chasing something you can't quite make out.

You remark on the beauty of the place to Blaze, as you drink it all in, smiling. "It really is, isn't it?" comes the reply! You jump slightly, momentarily startled by the unexpected response, turning to see from whom it had come. Standing near a little copse of trees, having evidently been hidden from view inside it, stands a young woman. She's smiling widely, apparently overjoyed that someone is enjoying the location as much as she is! She's dressed in what can best be described as safari-style khakis, her blonde hair tied in a neat bun. Hanging around her neck is a very expensive looking professional camera, on which she has one hand resting casually. She steps forward and reached the other hand out towards you, bowing her head slightly in greeting. "Hi, I'm Lana. Photographer," she says with a quiet laugh, indicating the camera. "This is one of my favorite places to get material, it's just lovely!"

What will you do?

A voice comes from the trees and startles Henry and his Pokémon.

"It really is isn't it?" A young woman steps out some safari gear on. She seems to be holding a camera in one hand and beaming at the reaction. She approaches Henry and puts out one hand and says "Hi, I'm Lana. Photographer," she points at the camera subtly and quietly laughs to herself. "This is one of my favourite places to get material, it's just lovely!"

"It actually is!" Comes the reply from Henry, "my name is Henry and this is Blaze my Houndour and Jeremy my Heracross!" The boy meets hands as the two meet eyes. "We are just on our way to the waterfall, how cool are some of these Pokémon!?" Henry exclaims quite excitedly, "would you like to come to the waterfall with us now Lana?" He questions, eagerly awaiting her response.

Stats

Last edited by hen da man; 09-27-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #999
tau
Cascade Badge

Kashmir

Kairne, Fireray

>>> Look around back here, pals~ <<<

The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew

Max the Poochyena nods, diving at the Zubat once more to rejoin the combat. "Try Supersonic again!" the Zubats trainer barked, but once again- apparently shaken from the first round of combat- the little guys aim was off, and the Poochyena was none the worse for it. Before the bat could get any further attacks off, Max had already thrown another paw-full of sand directly at it, hampering it even further.

Max jumped straight up, his jaws gripping the Zubats wing tightly as he bit down. Hanging on ferociously, despite the struggling of the Zubat, he managed to fire off a powerful zap with his thunder fang move! The Zubat finally shook him loose, and darted back, trying to clear itself of the sand. Its trainer snapped once more, "Astonish!" The Zubat swooped closer, finally trying to press the attack back in its favor with the assault.

Max flinches from the contact, but seems to still be in fighting shape! The Zubats trainer, however, focuses his attention back on you. "You really have no idea what this is, girl! I won't let some blindly self-righteous nobody like you ruin our plans!" He still stands protectively before the caged Staryu, glaring across at you.

What will you do?

The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark

You grit your teeth, in firm determination that you could find a way out of this whole mess. Still clinging to the chimney stack with one arm, you manage to hold your feet- though you can still feel the sensation of being pulled inexorably closer to the shadow's point of termination. What happened when you crossed that line... well, you didn't particularly care to think about that.

You glance across at your Pokemon partner, Daphne, as she braces herself as best she can against the phenomenons pull. In accordance with your plan, she lets fly a pair of dangerously sharp leaves. They arc first outwardly, then angle in on the shadow, picking up speed as they did so. They impacted the very center of the darkness, and instantly vanish. There is no sound as they strike the shadow, but for a very brief moment you think you see a narrow sliver of light as the leaves disappear into the darkness.

Daphne looks back to you, and begins to step forward, when the pressure pulling you towards the center of the shadow picks up dramatically. The chimney stack begins to crumble under your grasp, and even the earth Daphne stands on opposite you begins to give way, small chunks ripping from the ground and flying towards it. Daphne looks concerned, as she calls out to you for orders.

What will you do?

Rainbow Waterfalls:

hen da man

Lana laughs, nodding enthusiastically. "Wouldn't ya' know it, I was just heading that way myself! Pleased to meet you, Henry. And you too, Blaze and Jeremy!" The photographer seems in very high spirits, and both of your Pokemon friend take an immediate liking to her. She waves a hand, indicating she'd like you to take the lead as you make your way to the waterfall. She falls in step beside you, both hands resting protectively on her camera.

"Oh! I'll have to introduce you to Ember, if we can find her. She always runs off on her own, still young, you know. She's my Charmander. Friendliest little thing, but just a hand full sometimes!" She laughs softly, always eying the landscape and scenery around you as you walk and near the waterfall. "So, what is it you're hoping to find out here, Henry? Or are you guys just taking a walk for fun?" She asks, clearly in good spirits.

What will you do?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #1000
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Rainbow Waterfalls:

hen da man

Lana laughs, nodding enthusiastically. "Wouldn't ya' know it, I was just heading that way myself! Pleased to meet you, Henry. And you too, Blaze and Jeremy!" The photographer seems in very high spirits, and both of your Pokemon friend take an immediate liking to her. She waves a hand, indicating she'd like you to take the lead as you make your way to the waterfall. She falls in step beside you, both hands resting protectively on her camera.

"Oh! I'll have to introduce you to Ember, if we can find her. She always runs off on her own, still young, you know. She's my Charmander. Friendliest little thing, but just a hand full sometimes!" She laughs softly, always eying the landscape and scenery around you as you walk and near the waterfall. "So, what is it you're hoping to find out here, Henry? Or are you guys just taking a walk for fun?" She asks, clearly in good spirits.

What will you do?

A chuckle comes from the new friend. "Wouldn't ya' know it, I was just heading that way myself! Pleased to meet you, Henry. And you too, Blaze and Jeremy!" She seemed in a very happy mood right now which was nice to see, nodding as she answered the previous question. Blaze and Jeremy seemed to think she was nice enough as well with Blaze taking a specific liking to her.

"Oh! I'll have to introduce you to Ember, if we can find her. She always runs off on her own, still young, you know. She's my Charmander. Friendliest little thing, but just a hand full sometimes!" Blaze listens up again as he hears of another fire type! "Seems like someone is excited to meet her!" Henry remarks. Blaze looks up at Henry and gives a look which shows both excitement but also embarrassment. Jeremy looks a little worried about the fact he will have to deal with two fire types. He will probably stay alongside Henry and Lana most of the time. Lana signals to you to take lead as you walk side by side with Jeremy to your right and Blaze up ahead.

"So, what is it you're hoping to find out here, Henry? Or are you guys just taking a walk for fun?" Lana questions Henry, intrigued at his reason to be here. "Well, we are here to bond and make some new friends! Nothing in particular, that is how we go." Henry laughs as he answers the questions. "We heard this place was really beautiful and contained a variety of Pokémon so we thought it would be fun so I guess you could say we are taking a walk for fun." Henry smiles as he says this to find Blaze nodding up ahead. "Oh I guess it looks like someone is wanting to find your little friend!" Henry remarks as Blaze has a slightly concerned look on his face. "Just wait up Blaze, I wanna clean my shoes in the waterfall before we go any further!" Lana laughs as Blaze is looking even more concerned.

Stats!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records