UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 06-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #26
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post

Danny-

Recalling your Snom, you order your Snivy to use her Hidden Power against the yellow shovel. The fiery orbs wash over the shovel, but all it does is irritate it. You soon see another yellow shovel pop up from the ashen sand not too far from the first one. Both of them looked angry that their prey was taken from them, and you see the shovels begin to rise.

You're then met with two Sandyghast, shimmering black and with yellow shovels instead of red. They being to make angry noises at you, taking away their prey. This wasn't the best thing to have happened immediately, but then again everything here was dangerous. Even something as inauspicious as sand could come up and devour you. Welcome to the Unreal Archipelago, where you either were the hunter or the hunted.

The sand beneath you and Fleur begins to shift, dragging you both down. You see the two shovels spin rapidly, the Sandyghast trying to ensnare you within two Sand Tombs. Fleur was outnumbered two to one here, and she probably wouldn't be able to hold both of them off by herself. You needed to think fast on your feet, or you and your Snivy would be entombed and become the Sandyghasts' prey.

What do you do?
The attack was a success, and wasn't at the same time. Recalling Snom had been the right call, that's for sure - Snom would have been engulfed in black sand if Danny hadn't. But attacking the shovel didn't seem like it worked, instead, it made another yellow shovel appear.

"Another one???!!" Danny asked, in exasperation, to no one in particular. The shovels began to rise upwards, and soon the black sand took the form of two Sandygast. Two angry Sandygast. Two shiny Sandygast.

"Wait, aren't those.....shinies?" Danny said, and after observing closely, yep, those were shinies. Danny promptly pulled out a Pokeball, keen to capture one of them, but stumbled a little. He looked down, and saw the sand underneath him was shifting and swirling. The sand underneath Fleur was doing the same; Danny looked to the two Sandygast, whose shovels were spinning while they scowled at the two.

"They're trying to Sand Tomb us!" Danny said quickly to Fleur, who was already knee-deep. "Fleur, take to the air! Use Leaf Storm against the ground, then use it again on the two Sandygast to weaken them!" Danny kicked the sand underneath him, knowing he wasn't in much trouble. Fleur jumped out of the sand quickly and spun her tail, causing leaves to collect.

"Let's hope this works."
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #27
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Danny-

Heeding your orders, Fluer jumps from the ground into the air, using a Leaf Storm to propel herself. The taxing move usually massively dropped a Pokemon's specially offensive ability, but the Snivy's Contrary made it do the opposite. Her capabilities grew exponentially, and it showed. She was able to easily escape, but you weren't so lucky. Kicking the sand caused the tomb to catch your other foot, causing you to immediately lose your footing and fall in.

You could feel yourself get dragged down deeper into the sand, and feel one of the Sandyghasts start to attack you. Was it rummaging around for Pepper's Pokeball? Maybe trying to take her away was proving to be a bad idea. Especially in a battle like this, where it was a true one versus two scenario. These two Pokemon were adept at hunting these sands, based on how they were acting.

From the corner of your eye, you can see your Pokemon billow out another devastating Leaf Storm, slicing through one of the Sandygast. It lets out a shriek and immediately flees. You can see the yellow shovel zoom across the sands and disappear underneath farther away. That was one down, but the problem was the other one trying to take you.

Fleur looked conflicted, and you could soon tell why. The Sandygast started to block you off, covering your body with itself. You were a human shield, and your Pokemon had to make the difficult choice. Follow your orders, and heavily damage you in the process, or be given a new set of orders to try and save you. It was obvious what the Sandygast wanted, and time was soon ticking away as you were buried underneath the sand.

What do you do?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:27 AM   #28
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Quote:
ChrisClark13-

Yang looks at you, and you can tell she was smiling at you beneath her mask. It was kind of unnerving, knowing her emotions even so most of her face was covered in protective gear. You can definitely tell she was testing you, and that alone was enough to know you weren't up to par in her eyes. Though, why was she so teasing and belittling at the same time? It fit her, but it also felt off.

"I thought you'd figure something else, but it can't be helped," she replied cheekily, and you see her grab a Pokeball. Throwing it up in the air, you see a Solrock come out.

"Alright, use Smack Down on the flock! If we hit three of them the others should come swooping down. Especially since they already are sizing us up," Yang ordered the rocky sun.

The Solrock spins, and the fires off three volleys of hard rocks at the Talonflame. The impact causes the three-hit to lose their capabilities of flight, and they spiral down into the ash. You could see a puff of ashy sand cover them, but you could still make them out. The two Talonflame left flying do not take this well, and start diving at your group at breakneck speed. You needed to think of a plan, and fast, to deal with these birds.

What do you do?
Curtis grit his teeth as he thoughts raced through his head of what he could do. He had no way of knowing if they would be coming for him, Yang's Solrock, or Yang herself- so he just decided to do the best he could to slow them down in general.

"Toby, Copycat that Smack Down and get the one on the right! Annahime, use Psychic as soon as the other one gets close and pin it down best you can so Yang's Pokemon can finish it off!" He shouted. There was the risk of the Talonflame wising up by listening in on his orders or just being smart and changing things up. At least with Toby here whatever effective move or strategy Yang pulled off, Curtis could then double up on it... somewhat. Normalize made things tricky.

Trusting his Pokemon to follow his orders, he takes a moment to pull up the Pokedex entry on his opponents using his phone. The first thing he notes is a double-weakness to Rock moves- putting Yang at a clear advantage with what he's seen of her team so far. Though, he really should've known that off-hand too, they're firey birds for crying out loud.

The last thing he does is thumb open Finnegean's Pokeball, summoning the Dark-type fox by his side. "Alright, Finnegan- look for an opening and get a good hit in with Assurance when you can." No reason to play fair, this is a fight for survival. Though he just wished he had put in better training for taking advantage of the Theivul's Stakeout Ability. Hopefully, the fox would do just fine following its instincts here.

Curtis takes a breath and looks up from his phone. Now all that was left to do was keep an eye on the fight and give the right orders at the right time. As long as he backed up whatever Yang was doing- this should be a win.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #29
Lil'twick
Insanity

ChrisClark13-

Trying your best, you realize the thing to do is follow Yang's lead. You have your Delcatty Copycat the Smack Down, hitting another one of the birds coming straight at you. Annahime then follows up with Psychic, throwing the other flying bird into the ground. The pudgy Vulpix tries her best to keep sure the fifth Talonflame stays on the ground, and Yang just watches with a devilish smile.

"Choosing to submit fully to me then Curtis? Good. THis'll make things a lot easier in the long run! My beloved Solrock, crush it with Stone Edge!" she commands, and a gigantic jagged shard of rock cuts though the Talonflame and cleanly KOs it.

While you watch the spectacle, you fail to see Finnegan sneakily run up to the Talonflame that Toby had hit. He uses his Assurance, making sure that the flaming bird was in a world of hurt. The Talonflame caws in pain, but manages to stand up and look the Thievul straight in the eye.

What you do notice is a burning pyre as Finnegan yowls. Turning your head, the Thievul was consumed by the Talonflame's Flamethrower attack. The smell of burnt skin and singed fur permeated the air, and your entire team could see the fox singled out and ready for easy pickings by the rest of the Talonflame.

THe four of them slowly rise up, still reeling from the Solrock's Smack Downs. Noticing their single out prey, one of them ensnares Finnegan within a Fire Spin. the Thievul now entrapped within a pillar of flames, the other two Talonflame begin to attack the Pokemon Dual Wingbeats.

Taking note of this, Yang begins to formulate a strategy in her mind.

"I'm going to have my Pokemon Ally Switch with your Thievul and then use Explosion. In the ensuing chaos I want you to make sure you knock out any stragglers with your Delcatty's Blizzard, okay? If one of them flies too high, have your Vulpix using Psychic to yank it down. Any objections?" she asks coyly. There was a sort of sparkle in her eye... Was this another test?

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-05-2021, 11:27 AM   #30
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Danny-

Heeding your orders, Fluer jumps from the ground into the air, using a Leaf Storm to propel herself. The taxing move usually massively dropped a Pokemon's specially offensive ability, but the Snivy's Contrary made it do the opposite. Her capabilities grew exponentially, and it showed. She was able to easily escape, but you weren't so lucky. Kicking the sand caused the tomb to catch your other foot, causing you to immediately lose your footing and fall in.

You could feel yourself get dragged down deeper into the sand, and feel one of the Sandyghasts start to attack you. Was it rummaging around for Pepper's Pokeball? Maybe trying to take her away was proving to be a bad idea. Especially in a battle like this, where it was a true one versus two scenario. These two Pokemon were adept at hunting these sands, based on how they were acting.

From the corner of your eye, you can see your Pokemon billow out another devastating Leaf Storm, slicing through one of the Sandygast. It lets out a shriek and immediately flees. You can see the yellow shovel zoom across the sands and disappear underneath farther away. That was one down, but the problem was the other one trying to take you.

Fleur looked conflicted, and you could soon tell why. The Sandygast started to block you off, covering your body with itself. You were a human shield, and your Pokemon had to make the difficult choice. Follow your orders, and heavily damage you in the process, or be given a new set of orders to try and save you. It was obvious what the Sandygast wanted, and time was soon ticking away as you were buried underneath the sand.

What do you do?
Danny's plan worked perfectly, at least, the Leaf Storm part. The Leaf Storm had propelled Fleur high enough, and powered her up as well, due to her Contrary ability. She turned to one of the Sandygast and shot off a stronger, more powerful Leaf Storm that cut through the Sandygast like paper. Or well, sand. The Sandygast did whatever sand does when it yelps and scurried off, the yellow shovel fixed atop its head sinking into the sand until it was out of view. It was gone.

"Aw man, I wanted to catch one." That was just the beginning of Danny's bad luck. Kicking at the sand had caused the Sand Tomb to get caught on his other foot; he also began to feel the Sandygast touching him, like it was looking for something.

Duh.

Pepper's Pokeball. It was mad at Danny for taking away its prey, clearly. But Danny couldn't hand over his friend that way for a Sandygast's quick lunch. He grabbed another ball instead. A Love Ball.

"Alright, Flurry, let's do this! Hit the area around me with an Icy Wind, the iciest you've got! I don't care if I get a cold, we need to stop this sandy specter in its tracks! Fleur, you just keep wary!" Danny tossed the ball up in the air and an ice cream cone shot out. The cone floated in the air for a second then spun in place, causing icy wind to waft towards Danny. Fleur kept herself on her tiptoes once she landed.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:23 PM   #31
Lil'twick
Insanity

Danny-

Feeling yourself sink deeper, you toss out a Love Ball into the air. Bursting forth was a Vanillite by the name of Flurry, and he immediately could see what was going on. Giving your orders, you could start to taste and feel the ashy sand funnel into your mouth. This was a do-or-die situation, and your team understood what needed to happen.

Flurry immediately exhales out an Icy Wind, freezing both you and the Sandygast over. The ghost and ground-type pokemon yowls, as its body begins to freeze over. You both start to feel sluggish, but the chill was a bit refreshing compared to the heat of the island. It was actually extremely warm deep within the sand, no doubt the volcanic flows influencing it.

Your Snivy continues to watch, in case another Sandygast comes about. You, barely with all the sand, see her take an offensive stance before she drops it. Was something else here? Your vision was starting to get covered, so if it was back up it would be extremely useful.

You then feel cool water spray onto you, and the Sandygast shrieks. Its ice-cold body actually starting to crack due to its Water Compaction. The Pokemon immediately shoots you straight up and begins to flee. Fleur instinctively uses her Vine Whip to catch you and gently lower you onto the ground.

Congratulations! Fleur has gained 2 levels and Flurry has gained 1 level

You see a weird, flat creature looking at you skittishly. A native of Alola, its gray carapace with purple whiskers was unmistakable. It was a Wimpod. But, why would such a cowardly Pokemon come to help you?

Before you could react, you see the Wimpod leave behind a small bag before fleeing towards the coast. You could see it way off on the horizon now, peering at you behind some rocks. Did it want you to follow it? You didn't know, but it did give you a gift. Picking it up, it was a bag of soft sand, ashen black like the rest of the coast.

You have received x1 Ashen Coast Black Soft Sand!

At least you were safe from those Sandygast for now, even if those rarities would've been a great catch. Seems you could either follow the Wimpod or be on your way.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #32
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Quote:
ChrisClark13-

Trying your best, you realize the thing to do is follow Yang's lead. You have your Delcatty Copycat the Smack Down, hitting another one of the birds coming straight at you. Annahime then follows up with Psychic, throwing the other flying bird into the ground. The pudgy Vulpix tries her best to keep sure the fifth Talonflame stays on the ground, and Yang just watches with a devilish smile.

"Choosing to submit fully to me then Curtis? Good. THis'll make things a lot easier in the long run! My beloved Solrock, crush it with Stone Edge!" she commands, and a gigantic jagged shard of rock cuts though the Talonflame and cleanly KOs it.

While you watch the spectacle, you fail to see Finnegan sneakily run up to the Talonflame that Toby had hit. He uses his Assurance, making sure that the flaming bird was in a world of hurt. The Talonflame caws in pain, but manages to stand up and look the Thievul straight in the eye.

What you do notice is a burning pyre as Finnegan yowls. Turning your head, the Thievul was consumed by the Talonflame's Flamethrower attack. The smell of burnt skin and singed fur permeated the air, and your entire team could see the fox singled out and ready for easy pickings by the rest of the Talonflame.

THe four of them slowly rise up, still reeling from the Solrock's Smack Downs. Noticing their single out prey, one of them ensnares Finnegan within a Fire Spin. the Thievul now entrapped within a pillar of flames, the other two Talonflame begin to attack the Pokemon Dual Wingbeats.

Taking note of this, Yang begins to formulate a strategy in her mind.

"I'm going to have my Pokemon Ally Switch with your Thievul and then use Explosion. In the ensuing chaos I want you to make sure you knock out any stragglers with your Delcatty's Blizzard, okay? If one of them flies too high, have your Vulpix using Psychic to yank it down. Any objections?" she asks coyly. There was a sort of sparkle in her eye... Was this another test?

What do you do?
Curtis spares a glance of disbelief over at Yang for a moment. It's not her plan, it's what she said just before it. But now's not the time to give the egotistical lady a piece of his mind.

So what comes out of his mouth is simply, "Yeah. Sounds good," as he turns his attention back to the battle. Yang had better pull through or else Finnegan's going to take more of a beating than he already is- due to a mistake on his part really. He didn't expect that first Talonflame to go down so fast...

He opens his mouth to give orders, but directs the first one to the Dark-type fox that's in trouble. "Finnegan! Get off a Snarl if you can, we're gonna get you out of there!"

Then he looks to his other two Pokemon, the Vulpix still hiding in his fursuit somewhat and the Delcatty standing next to him in a battle pose, all crouched down. "Toby, hit them all with Blizzard as soon as Finnegan's clear! Annahime, use Psychic on any stragglers from the attacks!"

Then, the trainer grabs Finnegan's Pokeball, ready to recall the fox as soon as he's clear... or if something goes wrong with Yang's plan. He's not letting his friend suffer any longer than he has to.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:02 PM   #33
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahotsafits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Phantom Isle
Please reply in SlateGray
Sitting at the far south of the Unreal Archipelago, Phantom Isle was once a large theme park with an accompanying hotel, the park incorporating a slew of rides, entertainment venues, and showcases, terrible events in the past caused the shutdown of the park for some time. With years now having passed, nobody can say for certain what the singular moment was that caused this downward spiral of the park's luck, but the final straw in its closure can be directly linked to the event wherein the Ghost Train ride caught fire, killing dozens of adults, children, and trainers. In its heyday, the park held Contests, saw frequent friendly battles, and even allowed children to hire Pokemon for the day to keep them company or to battle within special kiddie events. The hotel towering over the south side of the island was added only recently before the park had been shut down, meant to house those that wished to stay for more than a single day with their families and enjoy all of the attractions they could. Now, the park lingers with supernatural activity, an odd purple haze washing over the island causing it to be shrouded in perpetual darkness as natural light no longer filters through. While it is known that the park once had a large variety of places to see, enough to accommodate large crowds for days on end, some locations seem to have disappeared forever, as though absorbed into the fog that now covers the Isle.

It was supposed to be a simple voyage to the next port over but, the storm took the vessel by surprise causing them to drift further out to sea. The captain of the vessel seemed almost ethereal amidst the listening and thunder that shook Bobert to the core. The next few hours were long and physically draining as they attempted to keep the vessel afloat by bailing out as much water as they could all while the captain stood unmoved by the currents that rocked maddeningly starboard to portside focused solely on moving straight ahead.
Before they knew it night fell with a thick fog in the air. When the waters settled, Bob drifted off to sleep. the damp mid-summer air keeping him warm enough but damper still.
Nōka was the first to wake quickly rousing their trainer from an uneasy slumber. Bob gathered his thoughts and wandered the vessel looking for signs of the captain but found nothing but some pokemon swimming around us not visible through the chowder-like fog. As our heroes drifted; the fog began to loosen its suffocating grip as a feeling of dread and confusion came upon Bobson. The silhouette of an island reclaimed by nature took form as he guided the ship closer to the sandy beach. When they hit the shore, Bob was in disbelief and awe. What was supposed to a simple family visit became a wonder-like nightmare and before his eyes was a decrepit sign of what appeared to be a lost amusement park. Anxiously, Bobert steps ashore lost confused and nearly alone...
Old 07-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #34
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Danny-

Feeling yourself sink deeper, you toss out a Love Ball into the air. Bursting forth was a Vanillite by the name of Flurry, and he immediately could see what was going on. Giving your orders, you could start to taste and feel the ashy sand funnel into your mouth. This was a do-or-die situation, and your team understood what needed to happen.

Flurry immediately exhales out an Icy Wind, freezing both you and the Sandygast over. The ghost and ground-type pokemon yowls, as its body begins to freeze over. You both start to feel sluggish, but the chill was a bit refreshing compared to the heat of the island. It was actually extremely warm deep within the sand, no doubt the volcanic flows influencing it.

Your Snivy continues to watch, in case another Sandygast comes about. You, barely with all the sand, see her take an offensive stance before she drops it. Was something else here? Your vision was starting to get covered, so if it was back up it would be extremely useful.

You then feel cool water spray onto you, and the Sandygast shrieks. Its ice-cold body actually starting to crack due to its Water Compaction. The Pokemon immediately shoots you straight up and begins to flee. Fleur instinctively uses her Vine Whip to catch you and gently lower you onto the ground.

Congratulations! Fleur has gained 2 levels and Flurry has gained 1 level

You see a weird, flat creature looking at you skittishly. A native of Alola, its gray carapace with purple whiskers was unmistakable. It was a Wimpod. But, why would such a cowardly Pokemon come to help you?

Before you could react, you see the Wimpod leave behind a small bag before fleeing towards the coast. You could see it way off on the horizon now, peering at you behind some rocks. Did it want you to follow it? You didn't know, but it did give you a gift. Picking it up, it was a bag of soft sand, ashen black like the rest of the coast.

You have received x1 Ashen Coast Black Soft Sand!

At least you were safe from those Sandygast for now, even if those rarities would've been a great catch. Seems you could either follow the Wimpod or be on your way.

What do you do?
Danny was already mouth-deep when he had sent out Flurry. This was clearly a do-or-die situation, and Flurry understood that. The ice cream cone quickly spun like a top, collecting icy wind, before exhaling it at Danny and the Sand Tomb around him. Danny felt an icy chill, but given the volcanic sand currently enveloping him, it was actually a little refreshing. The same couldn't be said for Sandygast though.

The Sandygast let out a shriek of pain as its sandy body froze over. Danny felt a sluggishness. He saw Fleur adopt an aggressive stance, with her signature tail-wave, but she soon dropped it, like she saw something. Danny began to see just black sand, so he didn't know what, but he hoped it was back-up.

It was.

He immediately felt a spray of cool water, which the Sandygast also felt. It's sandy body began to solidify because of its Water Compaction. The Sandygast decided to bail, shooting Danny upwards and out of the Tomb and into the sky. Fleur acted quick, shooting forward two Vine Whips, catching Danny and lowering him safely.

"Thanks, Fleur. You too, Flurry." He said to the friendly icicle as he floated down to check on his trainer. "And you," Danny was looking at a small, skittish creature at his feet. A Wimpod.

"Thanks for your help." Danny said kindly, and wanted to pet it but it skittered off, leaving behind a small bag of beach sand. Danny picked up the bag and then began to jog after the Wimpod.

OOC:
What? Snivy is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Snivy evolved into Servine!

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 08-24-2021 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:34 AM   #35
Lil'twick
Insanity

ChrisClark13-

Grimacing at what Yang said, you curtly respond in agreement. This had to work, or there would certainly be repercussions for whoever decided that this would be a good idea. Specifically, the female trainer next to you who thought this was a good idea, but you had to make sure you went along with this plan. There was a sinking feeling creeping up that if you didn't, well, there would be nasty repercussions for you.

Giving your team their orders, Yang then gives her Solrock its orders. You watch as Finnegan Snarls menacingly at the horde of Talonflame, all of them getting more rancorous as their special attack lowers. This matters not, as before they could continue blasting him with fire-typed moves, he is swapped with Yang's Solrock.

The Thievul blinks for a bit, confused at being at Yang's side instead of being trapped within the pyre. Though, there was a rubber band of the move that started up. The Fire Spin was soon fading from the Solrock, and you could see small flames starting to erupt near Finnegan's feet. There was a delay, but he was still trapped.

But, this confusion was all that was needed, as the Solrock soon began to glow a bright white. Massive amounts of solar energy was rushing through the sun, and this was only going to end in a boom.

"TAKE COVER!" Yang yelled, as she dove into the sand and covered her eyes.

There were only a few seconds to react, but once that was done the Solrock exploded. A large pillar of sand erupted from where it was, and after a minute or so it cleared. Peering at the area, only of the Talonflames was barely standing.

Taking this as his queue, Toby launches himself forwards and spews out a final Blizzard. Blowing away the rest of the sand, the not-so-icy attack seals the last Talonflame's fate. The dust then settled, and your side of the field was victorious.

Annahime, Toby, and Finnegan have all gained 1 level for their efforts in taking down the horde!

Yang immediately ran towards her Solrock, and took out a massive star-like capsule. Breaking it open, she poured it over the Pokemon, who shot straight back up as if nothing happened. Must be nice to be rich enough to carry around max revives like they are nothing.

You then see her pluck a few loose feathers from the KO'd Talonflames, pocketing them into her small bag. She then looks at you with a small smile.

"Good work there! If any of your Pokemon need healing up let me know, rather be fully prepared before we head towards the cave. If these guys were agitated... Then I don't know what other dangerous beasts we'll encounter," she states as the image of the Garchomp flashes into your head.

What do you do?

Danny-

After Fleur's evolution, surely a result of her resolve to protect you, you jog after your arthropod rescuer. The Wimpod skitters away every time it sees you but stays within your sight. Bugger was certainly leading you along in this chase. But, why? Was this just a passerby Pokemon helping out, or was there something else going on here?

After about ten minutes of jogging, you and your team start to tire out. At this point, you see the Wimpod disappear behind a rock formation. Catching your breath for a second, you continue to follow the Wimpod until you reach a small rocky alcove.

You notice multiple tiers of paths and small holes that look to be about the size of a standard Wimpod. The Wimpod that saved you was waiting there, looking a bit sad. You could infer that this was the Wimpod's colony, but where was the rest of its friends and family?

The Wimpod looks at you sadly and then coughs up some black sand. Were they all hunted down by the Sandygast you encountered earlier? That was... incredibly cruel. You knew they were experienced hunters first hand, but to be able to almost wipe out an entire colony of Pokemon? That seemed to be out of place.

You then hear a giant splash behind you and see a scarred Golisopod emerge from the water. The brood mother and you could tell she was pissed. The Wimpod quickly scutters over in front of you, and it began to speak to its mother. The Golisopod listens, and then stands down.

You watch her move over towards a blank slate of a rock, and see her carve into it with her powerful Liquidation. You see her draw the Sandygast taking away and eating her children, but also something a lot bigger. A Pallosand that was leading them, and a pile of bones next to it. These predators were quickly overtaking the coast, decimating populations as well as forcing the standards predators to the sea. These Pokemon were destroying the very ecosystem, and it was a desperate cry for help.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-08-2021, 11:55 PM   #36
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
@Saiza

The tent was lit by a small, bare bulb hanging in the center. This would seem to be the light Ary and Mobius had seen, that had drawn them in. Wild Pokemon were gathered, mostly eating and seemingly taking shelter in the dark, lonely night.

A pair of Alolan Rattata, an Alolan Raticate, and a Litwick were in the corner, munching on Oran Berries. A couple Nincada were by a leg of the guest chair, sucking on roots they'd pulled up from the ground. Right in front of the tent opening, there were three Venipede and a Croagunk, helping themselves to some clearly over-ripe Pecha Berries. Finally, standing majestically on the table, eyes locked on Ary, as though it had been expecting his intrusion, was a Pokemon most majestic. Glistening white fur, curved horn, imposing wingspan, a Mega Absol was staring him down. ​It let out a low bellow, signaling to the others, who had not yet noticed their little peace had been disturbed. The Pokemon, save one, started to scatter at the alarm.

The Mega Absol, having not broken its gaze on the entryway and Ary, spread its wings wider, releasing a massive Flash of light from them, blinding Ary and Mobius briefly. As the bright blast of light cleared, all the gathered Pokemon, Absol included, had disappeared. The single bare bulb hanging in the tent swung back and forth, casting moving shadows around the interior. There was little of note in the tent. Half-eaten, slightly rotted berries were in small groups on the ground, left from the scattered wild Pokemon. The table in the center was covered in dust. The crystal ball, oddly, seemed spotless, though not entirely clear. Ary couldn't tell without a closer look, but there seemed to be foggy shapes in the glass.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:11 PM   #37
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
@Saiza

The tent was lit by a small, bare bulb hanging in the center. This would seem to be the light Ary and Mobius had seen, that had drawn them in. Wild Pokemon were gathered, mostly eating and seemingly taking shelter in the dark, lonely night.

A pair of Alolan Rattata, an Alolan Raticate, and a Litwick were in the corner, munching on Oran Berries. A couple Nincada were by a leg of the guest chair, sucking on roots they'd pulled up from the ground. Right in front of the tent opening, there were three Venipede and a Croagunk, helping themselves to some clearly over-ripe Pecha Berries. Finally, standing majestically on the table, eyes locked on Ary, as though it had been expecting his intrusion, was a Pokemon most majestic. Glistening white fur, curved horn, imposing wingspan, a Mega Absol was staring him down. ​It let out a low bellow, signaling to the others, who had not yet noticed their little peace had been disturbed. The Pokemon, save one, started to scatter at the alarm.

The Mega Absol, having not broken its gaze on the entryway and Ary, spread its wings wider, releasing a massive Flash of light from them, blinding Ary and Mobius briefly. As the bright blast of light cleared, all the gathered Pokemon, Absol included, had disappeared. The single bare bulb hanging in the tent swung back and forth, casting moving shadows around the interior. There was little of note in the tent. Half-eaten, slightly rotted berries were in small groups on the ground, left from the scattered wild Pokemon. The table in the center was covered in dust. The crystal ball, oddly, seemed spotless, though not entirely clear. Ary couldn't tell without a closer look, but there seemed to be foggy shapes in the glass.
Ary had expected to find people in the tent, drawn there by the source of light visible from the outside. Nothing could have prepared him for what he did find, though. All manner of Pokemon munching on leftovers and rotten food, congregated as if in some sort of gathering or celebration. And at the very center of it all…

He had never seen one of them – an Absol, fabled emissary of disaster. And not just a regular one, either…

One of Ary’s lifelong goals was to understand and master Mega Evolution. But he had never even laid eyes on a real-life Mega Pokemon before… so to run into this creature, and to have it stare at him dead in the eyes…

“No way. No freaking way!...”

Before he could move, or even address the majestic being, a violent flash of light pierced his eyes. Mobius too was caught off-guard, and the two were rendered blind for what felt like hours – he couldn’t tell. A migraine assaulted him, and when his eyesight finally cleared and the pain began to subside, he realized the tent was again completely empty.

“What just happened?”

Mobius shook his head, equally confused. But the antlion then noticed the crystal ball atop the table and urged Ary to approach it. It was their only lead, after all, and the young man was definitely intrigued enough at this point to keep up the search. And so, mustering all the bravery he could, Ary approached the glass sphere, peering into it…
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:34 PM   #38
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
@Saiza

As Ary got close enough to look into the crystal ball, one thing caught his eye before he could watch for the shapes. A small piece of paper was pinned under the crystal ball's stand, easily missed from further away, as it was, like the table, coated with a layer of dust. Ary could make out what it pretty easily, though, as the top light's swinging came to a stop. Despite it having been there long enough to collect dust, it seemed weirdly, creepily applicable to the current situation Ary and Mobius found themselves in.

"Chase rodents for strength in numbers
Follow flame and you will meet disaster
Shedding shells to become enlightened
The toxic path will show the prize
The glass will guide you
The rhyme and meter of this only make sense in my native tongue

- Mlle. D"

Looking to the crystal ball, Ary could see the interior getting smokier and shapes forming within. Two lines appeared, bars creeping out from each side to create bars, almost like a ladder. The shape twisted, showing itself to be a slowly rotating double helix. The image distorted, the double helix splitting and warping to form the image of a pair of familiar-looking wings. The same wings he'd just seen on the Mega Absol. The image coalesced, and started to take on a new shape. However, this new image was very difficult to make out.

It was a rat! Wait, no, maybe a candle? Or, could it be a cicada? Perhaps it was actually a dangerous, poisonous-looking barb?

Which of these do you see in the shifting shape in the crystal ball? Choose your path. "The glass will guide you"
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #39
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Quote:
ChrisClark13-

Grimacing at what Yang said, you curtly respond in agreement. This had to work, or there would certainly be repercussions for whoever decided that this would be a good idea. Specifically, the female trainer next to you who thought this was a good idea, but you had to make sure you went along with this plan. There was a sinking feeling creeping up that if you didn't, well, there would be nasty repercussions for you.

Giving your team their orders, Yang then gives her Solrock its orders. You watch as Finnegan Snarls menacingly at the horde of Talonflame, all of them getting more rancorous as their special attack lowers. This matters not, as before they could continue blasting him with fire-typed moves, he is swapped with Yang's Solrock.

The Thievul blinks for a bit, confused at being at Yang's side instead of being trapped within the pyre. Though, there was a rubber band of the move that started up. The Fire Spin was soon fading from the Solrock, and you could see small flames starting to erupt near Finnegan's feet. There was a delay, but he was still trapped.

But, this confusion was all that was needed, as the Solrock soon began to glow a bright white. Massive amounts of solar energy was rushing through the sun, and this was only going to end in a boom.

"TAKE COVER!" Yang yelled, as she dove into the sand and covered her eyes.

There were only a few seconds to react, but once that was done the Solrock exploded. A large pillar of sand erupted from where it was, and after a minute or so it cleared. Peering at the area, only of the Talonflames was barely standing.

Taking this as his queue, Toby launches himself forwards and spews out a final Blizzard. Blowing away the rest of the sand, the not-so-icy attack seals the last Talonflame's fate. The dust then settled, and your side of the field was victorious.

Annahime, Toby, and Finnegan have all gained 1 level for their efforts in taking down the horde!

Yang immediately ran towards her Solrock, and took out a massive star-like capsule. Breaking it open, she poured it over the Pokemon, who shot straight back up as if nothing happened. Must be nice to be rich enough to carry around max revives like they are nothing.

You then see her pluck a few loose feathers from the KO'd Talonflames, pocketing them into her small bag. She then looks at you with a small smile.

"Good work there! If any of your Pokemon need healing up let me know, rather be fully prepared before we head towards the cave. If these guys were agitated... Then I don't know what other dangerous beasts we'll encounter," she states as the image of the Garchomp flashes into your head.

What do you do?
((Annahime, Toby, and Finnegan all gain +1 Level!))

Curtis recalled Finnegan into Pokeball the moment the swap was complete- or rather he tried to but the Fire Spin interfered with the beam coming from the Pokeball. Grimacing he looked at the glowing Solrock and dived down in front of his Pokemon onto his side- facing the soon exploding Pokemon.

One would think that he's using his own body to shield his fox from the blast, the words coming from his mouth told of a different plan. "Annahime! Protect! NOW!"

The Vulpix the front of his fursuit growled at being jostled around by her human's sudden movements. Even before he gave the new order to her, she had already actually been working on getting a Protect up the moment the trainer had started moving- his intentions having been all too easy to read for her. The shield came up quickly, Curtis having done some training to make sure Annahime could get Protect off quickly (though she had honestly gotten more training with it using the move to put a stop to the attempts of Curtis's other Pokemon to play-pounce on her).

Toby was left in a bit of a predicament, the Delcatty not having such a close bond with the trainer. So he just copied what the other human was doing and hunkered down in the sand and ash to weather the blast. As soon as the cat's vision cleared enough to see the birds, he yowled and sent a Blizzard barreling towards them- finishing them off.

Curtis sighed in relief and stood up, instantly going to Finnegan's side to check on his injures. Annahime took this moment to crawl out of the fursuit, having had enough of being carried around after that diving maneuver. Toby was angry at first for being left standing along, but upon seeing Finnegan's injured state that anger was replaced by worry for his best friend as he rushed to the Dark-type fox's side. The fox in question though just stood back up weakly and leaned on his cat friend for support.

The trainer glanced over to Yang after she spoke up, "Finnegan's in bad shape again, the other two will be fine to keep going for a while after a drink of water..."

As he thought about what lay ahead, his thoughts went back to the Garchomp. This prompted him to pull them up on the Pokedex app on his phone and his eyes rose when he eyed their double-weakness to Ice moves. This prompted him to take off his backpack and start looking through it as he spoke up, "Yang, do you happen to have any Ice TMs, TRs...?"

Just as he was finishing that sentence, he looked through the pockets and fished out a TR Blizzard disk that he had forgotten he put in there. His eyes then drifted to Annahime for a moment, "All I've got is this Blizzard TR right here and that's going to Annahime, I've no doubt that she's talented enough to manage to learn it."

He glances at Finnegan for a moment, "I don't think I've got anything useful that I can teach to Finnegan on me right now though."

All that said, he popped open the plastic case containing the TR Blizzard disk and carefully set it upon Annahime's head. She started at her trainer blanky for a moment until she spied the image of a Garchomp on her human's 'phone' and realized what he was trying to do.

The Vulpix closed her eyes and focused a while on the object on her forehead. This hadn't been the first time her human had had her learn a move like this and it certainly wasn't going to be the last it seemed. But this time the 'disk' wasn't making it easy at all. She changed into a sitting position and really started to focus, trying to draw the power within the TR inside of her- much like how she learned how to draw in the sun's power to heal herself from another such disk on the eve before one of those 'raids'.

Eventually, the disk started to disintegrate and fade away- prompting a sigh of relief from Curtis as Annahime opened her eyes. Her head tilted from side to side as she tried to process the fact that she now knew how to conjure up a storm of ice- though she wasn't sure how she was actually going to pull it off either.

Her human gave her a pat on the head as he stood up, "Com'on Annahime- give it a go. Show us a Blizzard!"

At that command, Annahime looked up at the sky and tried to call upon the power of ice to cause a cooling flurry like the one the cat had summoned all around them earlier. Nothing to do but just give it a try she figured.

((Used 1x TR Blizzard on Annahime!))
Old 07-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #40
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Danny-

After Fleur's evolution, surely a result of her resolve to protect you, you jog after your arthropod rescuer. The Wimpod skitters away every time it sees you but stays within your sight. Bugger was certainly leading you along in this chase. But, why? Was this just a passerby Pokemon helping out, or was there something else going on here?

After about ten minutes of jogging, you and your team start to tire out. At this point, you see the Wimpod disappear behind a rock formation. Catching your breath for a second, you continue to follow the Wimpod until you reach a small rocky alcove.

You notice multiple tiers of paths and small holes that look to be about the size of a standard Wimpod. The Wimpod that saved you was waiting there, looking a bit sad. You could infer that this was the Wimpod's colony, but where was the rest of its friends and family?

The Wimpod looks at you sadly and then coughs up some black sand. Were they all hunted down by the Sandygast you encountered earlier? That was... incredibly cruel. You knew they were experienced hunters first hand, but to be able to almost wipe out an entire colony of Pokemon? That seemed to be out of place.

You then hear a giant splash behind you and see a scarred Golisopod emerge from the water. The brood mother and you could tell she was pissed. The Wimpod quickly scutters over in front of you, and it began to speak to its mother. The Golisopod listens, and then stands down.

You watch her move over towards a blank slate of a rock, and see her carve into it with her powerful Liquidation. You see her draw the Sandygast taking away and eating her children, but also something a lot bigger. A Pallosand that was leading them, and a pile of bones next to it. These predators were quickly overtaking the coast, decimating populations as well as forcing the standards predators to the sea. These Pokemon were destroying the very ecosystem, and it was a desperate cry for help.

What do you do?
Wimpod was certainly giving chase. It was quick and scurrying, as expected from a "wimpy" Pokemon. It shot away whenever Danny got close but still kept in Danny's view, clearly it wanted to be followed. After about ten minutes, Danny and his team was starting to get tired. Flurry was sweating icy snow, and even the newly evolved Fleur's tail was drooping tiredly. Danny himself could feel sweat collecting at his brow. The Wimpod disappeared behind a rock formation. Danny followed it, and was met with a mess of holes and paths that was clearly Wimpod's colony. But where were the other Wimpod?

Danny looked at the Wimpod, who just looked mournful, and coughed up black sand.

"Oh no...don't tell me..." Danny said, horrified. The Sandygast had hunted down all of Wimpod's pod-mates. There's hunting and then there's over poaching. Danny's thoughts were interrupted by a giant splash behind him. Emerging from the water was a scarred, battle-hardened Golisopod, clearly the brood mother, and clearly angry. Wimpod quickly scuttered in front of Danny and spoke to its mother. Golisopod listened carefully, then stood down.

She moved towards a slate-like rock, and, with a water-covered Liquidation, carved images into the rock. She was communicating. She drew the Sandygast, taking away and consuming her children, but a bigger Pokemon; a Palossand, with a pile of bones next to it. They were taking over the coast, clearly, and were an epidemic on the volcanic ecosystem. This was a cry for help.

And Danny was answering it.

"So basically, take down this Palossand that won't leave your coast alone? Sounds like a job. Let's find this thing - and scare it off this coast!"

Fleur and Flurry responded positively, Fleur punching a hand in the air, Flurry doing a cheerful jump.

"Wimpod could use some company..." Danny muttered to himself, and threw up a familiar ball, releasing Pepper, the pitch-black Snom. Pepper crawled up to Danny, then looked to the Wimpod, her eyes kind.

"So, where's this Palossand hiding?"
Old 07-11-2021, 01:57 PM   #41
Lil'twick
Insanity

ChrisClark13-

Hearing your words and seeing your actions, Yang nods in response before taking two Max Potions out of her bag. At this point, you couldn't tell if she was flaunting how rich her family was, or if she genuinely only bought those products due to their utility. No matter, she sprays the potions onto both Finnegan and Toby, fully healing both the Thievul and the Delcatty.

"I see that run-in with the Garchomp from earlier scared you," she chuckled a bit, her tone more looser and less playful than before. There was some respect there, the species is known for their voracity.

"Can't say I can blame you. We've had to close a few mines around the globe in the past because of them. Gabite are manageable and easy to make deals with, but Garchomp not as much," she continues, looking towards the cave. She takes off her goggles and pockets them, and you can see her eyes shining blue. That was a tad bit odd. She blinks again, and the shine is gone.

Your group then heads across the rest of the coast with no major issues. Most of the Pokemon seem to be avoiding you now, then again considering how Yang blew up the Talonflame, it was rightfully so. You see Krabby occasionally walk buy, and then skitter along. It was refreshing, especially since the heat wasn't baring into you here near the waves.

You then reach the entrance of the mine and see it to look largely abandoned. No one really was here, and it looked like there was no sign anyone had been here in a long while. FOr a supposed new entrance, it looked like people came and went.

"This is... odd," you heard Yang mutter as she looked around. "Something must've happened and I wasn't told."

Shaking her head, she starts to enter the cave. You soon see her disappear into the darkness, before seeing her silhouette appear by torchlight.

"All the lanterns are broken here too!" she shouted back at you. Something definitely happened here. Though, what? You couldn't tell by just standing at the entrance.

What do you do?

Danny-

Inferring the situation from the Golisopod's carvings, you realize that you needed to assist here. The ecosystem was in danger, and if you didn't do anything about it then probably no one else would. Resolving to help, you ask the Wimpod to lead the way.

The Golisopod gives you a nod as if a blessing to watch over her last child. The WImpod begins to scurry along the coast, making sure that you're able to follow it. You feel your feet wet with the waves, the Wimpod hugging the ocean shore. From time to time, the two yellow shovels from the Sandygast pair appear in the distance, but they don't try to make a move here. Probably direct orders to not go towards the waters.

After skirting the waters for twenty minutes, the Wimpod leads you to a part where a river empties into the ocean. There, a steep path slopes down leading into a seaside cavern. This is most likely where the Pallossand and its two flunkies make their residence. Though, the issue here was trying to infiltrate it. The line is known for their defensive measures, so it would make sense that the place was littered with traps.

If there was a way to scout it, then it would be a good idea. Though, there was always the risk of getting caught. Storming the cavern without a proper plan would be tantamount to suicide, and you already have had enough sand in your lungs for the day.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #42
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Danny-

Inferring the situation from the Golisopod's carvings, you realize that you needed to assist here. The ecosystem was in danger, and if you didn't do anything about it then probably no one else would. Resolving to help, you ask the Wimpod to lead the way.

The Golisopod gives you a nod as if a blessing to watch over her last child. The WImpod begins to scurry along the coast, making sure that you're able to follow it. You feel your feet wet with the waves, the Wimpod hugging the ocean shore. From time to time, the two yellow shovels from the Sandygast pair appear in the distance, but they don't try to make a move here. Probably direct orders to not go towards the waters.

After skirting the waters for twenty minutes, the Wimpod leads you to a part where a river empties into the ocean. There, a steep path slopes down leading into a seaside cavern. This is most likely where the Pallossand and its two flunkies make their residence. Though, the issue here was trying to infiltrate it. The line is known for their defensive measures, so it would make sense that the place was littered with traps.

If there was a way to scout it, then it would be a good idea. Though, there was always the risk of getting caught. Storming the cavern without a proper plan would be tantamount to suicide, and you already have had enough sand in your lungs for the day.

What do you do?
Golisopod gave Danny and a nod and he nodded back, then turned to follow Wimpod, who had begun to scurry down the coast, staying in view like last time. Danny could feel the water touch his feet, and Fleur could as well, clearly not liking it and sticking as far away from the coast, but still close enough to follow Wimpod, as possible. Flurry, who was floating, had no opinion on the coastline, and Pepper hated it, sticking to the opposite side of Wimpod, the one away from the coast. The Sandygast's shovels appeared from time to time, but they didn't dare mess with Danny and his crew.

After about twenty minutes, it was clear Danny, his team and Wimpod had neared their destination. It was a river that emptied into the ocean, with a steep path that sloped downwards into a seaside cave. Clearly, where Palossand and his two Sandygast goons hid out. Storming the place would definitely be a terrible idea and most likely turn out suicidal, a plan was needed. Palossand and Sandygast were known for their gruesome traps.

Danny thought for a minute.

"I know what to do."

He raised a Luxury Ball into the air, and a ghost zapped out, with a flowing, purple dress and a large pointy hat.

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Minerva said to Danny telepathically, eyeing down the Wimpod with a wicked smile, summoning Mystical Fire wisps to scare the poor bug.

"Minerva, we don't have time for your games. We have some murderous Pokemon to defeat." Danny said gravely.

Murder? I like murder.

"You like murder? Uh, good, I think. Anyway, down there," Danny pointed to the cave. "Is a Palossand and two Sandygast."

Ah, ghostly brethren!

"Who are destroying the local ecosystem and have murdered this Wimpod's entire family."

Minerva was sober and silent. Even she knew that was messed up.

"So yeah, we need to show them a thing or two. You, and some help." Danny took two more Pokeballs. He sent out Lucha the Litten and Hermes the Pidgey.

Danny quickly explained the situation to the two.

"Alright, so here's the plan. Minerva, you use your Phantom Force to scope out the area, and Hermes and Lucha, follow her. Hermes, don't be afraid to pick up Lucha if you see any sand moving. Lucha, use those Shadow Claws of yours. Minerva, defend them both."

Got it. Time for some murder!
Old 07-15-2021, 04:40 PM   #43
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Quote:
ChrisClark13-

Hearing your words and seeing your actions, Yang nods in response before taking two Max Potions out of her bag. At this point, you couldn't tell if she was flaunting how rich her family was, or if she genuinely only bought those products due to their utility. No matter, she sprays the potions onto both Finnegan and Toby, fully healing both the Thievul and the Delcatty.

"I see that run-in with the Garchomp from earlier scared you," she chuckled a bit, her tone more looser and less playful than before. There was some respect there, the species is known for their voracity.

"Can't say I can blame you. We've had to close a few mines around the globe in the past because of them. Gabite are manageable and easy to make deals with, but Garchomp not as much," she continues, looking towards the cave. She takes off her goggles and pockets them, and you can see her eyes shining blue. That was a tad bit odd. She blinks again, and the shine is gone.

Your group then heads across the rest of the coast with no major issues. Most of the Pokemon seem to be avoiding you now, then again considering how Yang blew up the Talonflame, it was rightfully so. You see Krabby occasionally walk buy, and then skitter along. It was refreshing, especially since the heat wasn't baring into you here near the waves.

You then reach the entrance of the mine and see it to look largely abandoned. No one really was here, and it looked like there was no sign anyone had been here in a long while. FOr a supposed new entrance, it looked like people came and went.

"This is... odd," you heard Yang mutter as she looked around. "Something must've happened and I wasn't told."

Shaking her head, she starts to enter the cave. You soon see her disappear into the darkness, before seeing her silhouette appear by torchlight.

"All the lanterns are broken here too!" she shouted back at you. Something definitely happened here. Though, what? You couldn't tell by just standing at the entrance.

What do you do?
Curtis breathed out a sigh of relief when Annahime was able to successfully pull off a Blizzard.

He nods along as Yang talks to him, being considerably less creepy with her words this time. Maybe her strange domineering(?) persona was more of one that came up during battles? Some people, and Pokemon, are like that. Annahime herself does sometimes really get into a fight, though normally she's incredibly lazy.

Though for a moment when Yang takes off her goggles her eyes are shining blue. Then she blinks and they go back to normal. Curtis stops and tilts his head for a moment, the first thing he thinks of is when a Lucario using their Aura abilities. Which well, he hadn't seen or heard of a human using Aura in real life before- only seen it in movies and the like. It could also be something else entirely.

He shrugs and continues. So what if she's got some sort of special power? Maybe it'll help along the line.

After they reach the mine, Curtis gets worried when Yang just goes on ahead. Also troubling is that it kind of seems to have seen a lot of traffic for something supposed to be new. He glances at the entrance of the mine, wondering if this hole into the earth was entirely man-made or started out as a cave. Though then he realizes that... he's not the sort of person that would be able to tell.

As he hears Yang shout about the lanterns all being destroyed, Curtis looks to Annahime and then to Toby. "Alright you two- Annahime, do that trick again with Will-O-Wisp. Then Toby, you'll Copycat it and follow her lead." He looks to the mine, "Now both of you, be careful not to set anything on fire- unless it's a Garchomp in which case send the wisps right at its face and let loose with Blizzards."

He then looks to Finnegan, "Finnegan, watch our backs look out for trouble alright?"

Commands given, Curtis walks towards Yang with his Pokemon.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:54 AM   #44
Lil'twick
Insanity

Danny-

Sending out the rest of your team, you explain the situation to them. While the Mismagius was a tad... Exorbitantly excited at first, genocide was too far. The trio makes their way into the caves to scout the situation, and you wait. And wait. And wait. After a while, it seemed like they'd never come out.

And then they do, your Pidgey carrying a very beaten and battered-up Litten. You could tell that they had a few run-ins with the Sandygast down there, but was able to fend them off enough to get the scope of the place. The main issue, though, was that Minerva was not with them.

Only one answer to this, she stayed behind for some reason. Did she perhaps trust Hermes to lead you guys to her? The Pidgey looked to be fine, avoiding any damage that it could've taken from the Sandygast. A proper scout was able to get back and report the situation. Though, you definitely needed to treat Lucha before you went into the cave yourself. At least he was able to fend off the Sandygast enough for Hermes to scout.

Lucha has gained 1 level for his efforts!

THe Wimpod looked a bit on edge, seemingly knowing what kind of thing was happening. Weaken the weaker members while the strongest was distracted, and then chase after them and get the kill. How they were able to pick off its family, as well as numerous other Pokemon in the ecosystem. But for now, all you could do was heal and take the plunge yourself.

What do you do?

ChrisClark13-

Figuring out what to do, you give your orders to your Pokemon. Annahime jumps from your hoodie and creates a pale blue flame to hover around her. Toby soon copies that, his flame instead an ethereal white. TOby soon runs ahead, while you, Annahime, and Finnegan soon follow.

The halls of the mine are barren, hollow... and unnatural. This tunnel was definitely man-made, but it's been here a lot longer than a "new entrance' would imply. Something about this was off... Especially with the only thing being glass shards.

You soon meet up with Yang and Toby in a clearing, where a dilapidated mine cart rested onto its side, unrefined ore littered everywhere. Besides that, there are some broken tracks, ripped tents, and stained, hardened blood. Whatever tore through here did so a while ago. Was this place never actually reported until recently?

"This is odd," Yang comments. Well, that was obvious enough. "According to the reports we got... This place only opened up about a month ago. From the looks of it, this place has been used a lot longer than that." She pauses and then investigates herself.

"Something is wrong here.. I've never seen such wanton destruction before," she states. "The corpses are gone too."

She then turns and looks at you. You could tell that she found something, and motions you over. Heading over, you see a pouch filled with items. Two Escape Ropes, some flashlights, a pickaxe, and a Cleanse Tag. That last item was... certainly odd. Why would you need to ward away spirits in a volcanic mine?

"Take the tag and the rope Curtis," she states as she grabs one of the escape ropes.

You have obtained x1 Escape Rope and x1 Cleanse Tag

And then you feel the ground rumble. Something was coming... Something monstrous. You saw two passages ahead of you, one leftwards and one rightwards. You could choose to stay and hide or run away.

"We need to split! Run!" Yang exclaims, tightly clutching a Poke Ball. Whatever your choice, you'll be alone for a while.

What do you do?

Jahostafits-

Finally landing on the Phantom Isle, you and Noka walk ashore. The dilapidated amusement park partnered with a ghoulish hotel. Stories about this place were common, and the incidents that have happened here have reached even your ears. The Ghost Train incident, as it's called now, was the last in a string of strange occurrences that led to the park closing almost two decades ago. The number of casualties from that along... Was enormous. Hatred... Cruelty... Agony... All of these things festered within the spirits of the park, not able to find peace within their charred remains.

But, the dark history has only added to the place's appeal. Trainers from all over the world travel to this place, looking for ethereal frights and adventures out of the ordinary. Bet your soul in a game of poker, interact with spirits in a variety of attractions, or even delve straight into hell exploring the charred remains of the ghost train. There were countless possibilities here where you could go.

Yet, there was something that caught your attention. A sort of country shanty echoing through the park. The tune feels homey and familiar to you, as if reminiscent of life on the farm. Feeling drawn to it, you follow the noise to its source.

Sideshow Alley, a place filled with all sorts of acts and performances for wanderers of the park. There, a merry band of a Maractus, Cacnea, and Cacturne perform that merry jig. The Maractus shakes its arms, while the Cacnea shakes two tambourines in rapid excitement. Cacturne stands lone and tall behind the two, strumming the banjo, careful enough to not tear the strings with its thorns.

As they play, you notice something about them from your time on the farm. These plants were severely dehydrated, and beginning to whither in some kind of way. This was odd for cacti since they were able to store water within their bodies for a long period of time. What's happening here, and what's with their tune?

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-16-2021, 12:00 PM   #45
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Jahostafits-

Finally landing on the Phantom Isle, you and Noka walk ashore. The dilapidated amusement park partnered with a ghoulish hotel. Stories about this place were common, and the incidents that have happened here have reached even your ears. The Ghost Train incident, as it's called now, was the last in a string of strange occurrences that led to the park closing almost two decades ago. The number of casualties from that along... Was enormous. Hatred... Cruelty... Agony... All of these things festered within the spirits of the park, not able to find peace within their charred remains.

But, the dark history has only added to the place's appeal. Trainers from all over the world travel to this place, looking for ethereal frights and adventures out of the ordinary. Bet your soul in a game of poker, interact with spirits in a variety of attractions, or even delve straight into hell exploring the charred remains of the ghost train. There were countless possibilities here where you could go.

Yet, there was something that caught your attention. A sort of country shanty echoing through the park. The tune feels homey and familiar to you, as if reminiscent of life on the farm. Feeling drawn to it, you follow the noise to its source.

Sideshow Alley, a place filled with all sorts of acts and performances for wanderers of the park. There, a merry band of a Maractus, Cacnea, and Cacturne perform that merry jig. The Maractus shakes its arms, while the Cacnea shakes two tambourines in rapid excitement. Cacturne stands lone and tall behind the two, strumming the banjo, careful enough to not tear the strings with its thorns.

As they play, you notice something about them from your time on the farm. These plants were severely dehydrated, and beginning to whither in some kind of way. This was odd for cacti since they were able to store water within their bodies for a long period of time. What's happening here, and what's with their tune?

What do you do?

Bobert stares for a moment perplexed by the cati trio and is unsure how to approach this situation appropriately let alone where to find the water they need. Accordingly, he starts by checking to see what his Pokedex has to say regarding the trio which understandably puts him a bit on edge. Bob then takes a fairly deep breath and rummages around in his pack for his golden fiddle, sure it no longers holds the ability to teach anything but it is still a viable instrument in theory. he checks the tuning quietly and then attempts to join in and gauge their reaction. Maybe they can be befriended and he can help after this little jam session. Regardless of impracticality, it seems only logical that a nonhostile gesture like this would be more constructive in regards to coming to an understanding than spending extra time finding an alternate water source or boiling seawater for hours on end to make it more potable for them right off the bat.

"here goes nothing" *fiddling commences*
Old 07-18-2021, 09:09 AM   #46
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Danny-

Sending out the rest of your team, you explain the situation to them. While the Mismagius was a tad... Exorbitantly excited at first, genocide was too far. The trio makes their way into the caves to scout the situation, and you wait. And wait. And wait. After a while, it seemed like they'd never come out.

And then they do, your Pidgey carrying a very beaten and battered-up Litten. You could tell that they had a few run-ins with the Sandygast down there, but was able to fend them off enough to get the scope of the place. The main issue, though, was that Minerva was not with them.

Only one answer to this, she stayed behind for some reason. Did she perhaps trust Hermes to lead you guys to her? The Pidgey looked to be fine, avoiding any damage that it could've taken from the Sandygast. A proper scout was able to get back and report the situation. Though, you definitely needed to treat Lucha before you went into the cave yourself. At least he was able to fend off the Sandygast enough for Hermes to scout.

Lucha has gained 1 level for his efforts!

THe Wimpod looked a bit on edge, seemingly knowing what kind of thing was happening. Weaken the weaker members while the strongest was distracted, and then chase after them and get the kill. How they were able to pick off its family, as well as numerous other Pokemon in the ecosystem. But for now, all you could do was heal and take the plunge yourself.

What do you do?

The trio of Pokemon headed down into the cave, and Danny waited anxiously for their return. Fleur was skipping nervously from side to side, her tail waving. Flurry was shivering, despite being made of ice, sprinkling small ice crystals on the sand. Even Pepper seemed nervous, her back spikes shaking. After a while, they came out. Well, just two of them. Hermes was carrying a very battered and tired looking Lucha, straining a little under his weight.

"Lucha!" Danny rushed forward and cradled the Litten in his arms. It was clear they had a few run-ins with the Sandygast, Lucha coughing up some black sand, but they seemed to have done the job. But then, Danny noticed something.

"Where's Minerva?" he asked, looking around. She wasn't with them. She must've stayed back to beat up the Sandygast that attacked the other two, maybe? Danny wasn't sure but he didn't like the situation. "At least you're not hurt too, Hermes." he said, slipping out an Sitrus Berry on his backpack and handing it to Lucha, beckoning him to eat. "You need your strength. We're going down there again." He placed Lucha on the black sand, and the Litten began to nibble at the Sitrus Berry.

Danny felt Lucha shiver at that statement. Wimpod seemed irked too, like it had seen this happen before. Distracting the big guy, picking off the little guys....sounds familiar enough.

"We're going down there again. It's time to finish off those Sandygast, and Palossand." Danny thought for a moment, about his options. He pulled out some balls. He zapped Pepper back into hers, saying, "You're slow and you're not the best at staying off the ground, I need to keep you safe." He wanted to zap Lucha back into his, but the Litten stood up, although trembling, it was clear he wanted revenge.

"Okay, if you say so buddy." Then he turned to his other Pokemon. "Fleur, you need to stay off the ground. Flurry and Hermes, you should be fine. Don't hesitate to pick either Fleur or Lucha, Hermes, if you see them in a pinch." The Pidgey nodded dutifully.

"Alright." Danny gulped, and turned in the direction of the cave. "Let's do this."

OOC: spent 1/5 Sitrus Berry.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:50 PM   #47
Lil'twick
Insanity

Jahostafits-

Not knowing the best way to approach the trio, you rummage through your things for a solution. Best not annoy them too much, as your dex stated that there would be dire consequences for doing so. Instead, you try to appease them with a tune of your own. Despite the magics being gone, and the symphony now finished, the instrument still played relatively well. Well, if you had the skill to do so.

But, you could feel some of the latent magic in your golden fiddle still at play. Perhaps an influence from the spirits of the isle, who was to say. Regardless, you hold your fiddle and begin to play. The trio watches in curious intent and seems happy to find a like-minded being. Even if the tune is wildly different than their shanty, they could feel the country soul emanating from the music, signaling you're one of them.

Just as you're finished, you see a shadowy figure approach from further down the alley. A Mr. Mime. The Pokemon lets out a devilish grin as it slowly claps, almost mocking you and the trio. The Cacturne immediately goes on the defensive and watches with wary eyes.

The mime laughs as it pulls out a full water bottle, drinks it, and then tosses the empty plastic at the group. This infuriates the Cacturne, who immediately jumps onto the Mime. The other Pokemon just sticks out its tongue and Teleports away. The Cacturne, peeved, runs off into the darkness, leaving you with the Maractus and Cacnea.

The two of them, knowing what's happening, drag you away from the alley into an old building. In there, you can see a pool of water under a rusty faucet. The water was filled with algae and toxic waste, seeming to be poisoned on purpose. Whatever the Mime is doing, it's been harassing these Pokemon. The Cacnea points to a ripped poster of a Circus Tent. Seems that's where the aggressor teleported to and the Cacturne ran off to.

What do you do?

Danny-

With your orders given and your team planned out, you venture into the sand caverns. Looking around, you notice the tracks of Lucha, still fresh. Was best to go on ahead and follow them then. For a while, there was nothing but the shifting sands beneath and the volcanic rock above. It was an all-consuming void that held no master.

After a bit, you reach a fork in the road. Well, more like a small clearing with two tunnels. Here, Lucha's tracks stop, and you can tell a skirmish happened here between the cat, Hermes, Minerva, and the two Sandygast. Wherever they were, they seemed to be lurking and watching. Lurking and waiting. To consume you and your team, like antlions waiting for their prey.

Before you can make a decision, however, you notice two yellow shovels pop out of the ground. And then their bodies and the Sandygast stare you all down. This was a revenge match, and they were waiting for you. Was it either to try and finish the job, or go on further, you didn't know, but there was yet another fight ahead of you. So, it was time to choose your two fighters, and kick the ever-loving sand out of these Pokemon.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-20-2021, 10:33 PM   #48
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jahostafits-

Not knowing the best way to approach the trio, you rummage through your things for a solution. Best not annoy them too much, as your dex stated that there would be dire consequences for doing so. Instead, you try to appease them with a tune of your own. Despite the magics being gone, and the symphony now finished, the instrument still played relatively well. Well, if you had the skill to do so.

But, you could feel some of the latent magic in your golden fiddle still at play. Perhaps an influence from the spirits of the isle, who was to say. Regardless, you hold your fiddle and begin to play. The trio watches in curious intent and seems happy to find a like-minded being. Even if the tune is wildly different than their shanty, they could feel the country soul emanating from the music, signaling you're one of them.

Just as you're finished, you see a shadowy figure approach from further down the alley. A Mr. Mime. The Pokemon lets out a devilish grin as it slowly claps, almost mocking you and the trio. The Cacturne immediately goes on the defensive and watches with wary eyes.

The mime laughs as it pulls out a full water bottle, drinks it, and then tosses the empty plastic at the group. This infuriates the Cacturne, who immediately jumps onto the Mime. The other Pokemon just sticks out its tongue and Teleports away. The Cacturne, peeved, runs off into the darkness, leaving you with the Maractus and Cacnea.

The two of them, knowing what's happening, drag you away from the alley into an old building. In there, you can see a pool of water under a rusty faucet. The water was filled with algae and toxic waste, seeming to be poisoned on purpose. Whatever the Mime is doing, it's been harassing these Pokemon. The Cacnea points to a ripped poster of a Circus Tent. Seems that's where the aggressor teleported to and the Cacturne ran off to.

What do you do?

Deeply upset by the state of the pool as a nature lover and farmer Bobert calls out Noka and Shinobi commanding them to use Seed Flair on the ground to draw out the pollutants before locking his eyes upon the tent ahead.

Upon the pollutants being removed from the water, he calls back his friends and heads towards the tent saying to his new prickly friends "I'll try and be back as soon as I can but in the meantime drink up."
Determined he strides towards the inevitable conflict.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:22 AM   #49
Lil'twick
Insanity

Jahostafits-

You call back out Noka and with it a new friend Shinobi. Seems very odd that the Nincada suddenly had evolved without any grace in the short amount of time you've been here on the island. Well, time did flow differently here. That short little walk from the shore, to the alley, and then here could easily have warped reality. No matter, they were evolved now much to a confused narrator.

Anyways, let's get back to it? You order the cicada and its husk to use Seed Flare. Both of them draw in the pollutants within the water, though you could easily tell that neither of them could handle it well. Sometimes the case of unnatural moves, the body not always being fully attuned. Both of them manage to release the move towards the wall, and flashes of green fill up the room.

Noka and Shinobi have both gained a level for purifying the water!

With the pool cleaned, for now, at least, you tell the two small cacti to drink up. The Maractus and Cacnea walk up to the small pool and begin to drink, nut you could see was the faucet dripped, pollutants started to fill their drinking water. Seems like the source of the matter wasn't purified, just this small section.

But that wasn't important right now. You ran out of the building with your Pokemon, and make way for the circus tent. It wasn't exactly hard to miss, the ragged and faded fabric poking over the horizon. In your mad dash, you catch the curiosity of a few of the inhabitants. You notice Shuppets, Gastlys, Drowsees, and Abras all tailing after you. A human seldom dared run towards the tent, so this has got to be good.

Bursting through the entrance, you see the Mr. Mime standing over the Cacturne, slapping it hard with a Wake-Up Slap. The Cacturne tries to retaliate against the clown but is obviously in a losing battle as the Mr. Mime continues its flurry of slaps. If you were to intervene, now would be the best time to do so.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-23-2021, 07:24 PM   #50
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Jahostafits-

You call back out Noka and with it a new friend Shinobi. Seems very odd that the Nincada suddenly had evolved without any grace in the short amount of time you've been here on the island. Well, time did flow differently here. That short little walk from the shore, to the alley, and then here could easily have warped reality. No matter, they were evolved now much to a confused narrator.

Anyways, let's get back to it? You order the cicada and its husk to use Seed Flare. Both of them draw in the pollutants within the water, though you could easily tell that neither of them could handle it well. Sometimes the case of unnatural moves, the body not always being fully attuned. Both of them manage to release the move towards the wall, and flashes of green fill up the room.

Noka and Shinobi have both gained a level for purifying the water!

With the pool cleaned, for now, at least, you tell the two small cacti to drink up. The Maractus and Cacnea walk up to the small pool and begin to drink, nut you could see was the faucet dripped, pollutants started to fill their drinking water. Seems like the source of the matter wasn't purified, just this small section.

But that wasn't important right now. You ran out of the building with your Pokemon, and make way for the circus tent. It wasn't exactly hard to miss, the ragged and faded fabric poking over the horizon. In your mad dash, you catch the curiosity of a few of the inhabitants. You notice Shuppets, Gastlys, Drowsees, and Abras all tailing after you. A human seldom dared run towards the tent, so this has got to be good.

Bursting through the entrance, you see the Mr. Mime standing over the Cacturne, slapping it hard with a Wake-Up Slap. The Cacturne tries to retaliate against the clown but is obviously in a losing battle as the Mr. Mime continues its flurry of slaps. If you were to intervene, now would be the best time to do so.

What do you do?

In about or quick thinking, Bobert calls out "Shinobi help Cacturne up and get em outa the way!"

Bob further escalates by calling Bobington and releasing him onto the path; commanding that he use Light Ring to blind the surrounding pokemon while physically covering Noka so they may continue to see.

"Bobington now stand down and Noka use Shadow Sneak and follow it with Camouflage" he unrelentingly further orders as he makes his way closer.
With his attention scrambled a thought burns in his mind; none of this seems logical or normal...also the tune of generic circus music

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles