UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Crazy Bobby

Did you guys know what had become of Bobby Fischer, the famous American chess champion known for his controversial childishness? I was looking into chess stuff on Wikipedia an hour ago, and I've just finished reading all of it, but most interesting was the Wiki article on Bobby Fischer. I had no idea that he was such an outspoken anti-Semite (which is crazy, considering his mother is allegedly half-Jewish), nor that he had said on public radio in the Phillipines on September 12 (local time), 2001 that we should all go out and overthrow the government, down with Bush, yadda yadda yadda, etc. Whether one agrees with his political views or not ...
  • he believes that the United States deserved 9/11, as a consequence for catering to the Israelis and pissing on the Palestinians[/*a5453]
  • he believes that the Jews have infiltrated all high level operations in the United States and that they are running the show[/*a5453]
  • he believes that America is long overdue for a Revolution[/*a5453]

... I don't think there's a single person here who would agree with Fischer to the extent that he holds these views. I'll leave it to you to go on to Wikipedia and read it yourself, but here's an example of what I'm talking about. For example, let's say you agree with Fischer (let's just say you do!) that there's a big Jewish conspiracy and Jews have taken over the United States' government, military, economy, the whole works. Okay? Well ... just believing that and believing it to the extent that Bobby Fischer does are two totally different things! Check this out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
[Fischer] denied the "Holocaust of the Jews," announced his desire to make "expos[ing] the Jews for the criminals they are [...] the murderers they are" his lifework, and argued that the United States is "a farce controlled by dirty, hook-nosed, circumcised Jew bastards."
I repeat ... his mother is half-Jewish. O_o;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Re: Crazy Bobby

Yeah, eccentric extremist.

Man, that's pretty unexpected.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

He sounds like he has "mommy issues."
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Fan
Yeah, eccentric extremist.

Man, that's pretty unexpected.
Dude, I agree that it might be "expected" of an eccentric, but it's really pitiful. He has an IQ of 184 (according to his high school records) and he has had a heavy influence on the game of chess, arguably changes that will remain with the game for the rest of its natural life. It's really sad when a genius goes so mad, like a Hollywood mad scientist.

Look at the photo of him in old age on Wikipedia -- he looks like Nick Nolte.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Yeah, it is pretty horrible.

That there wasn't actually sarcasm. My bad. It really is a bit unexpected to the amazing degree of his behavior.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by damicatz
Anti-Semite is a blanket term the zionists use to label anyone who opposes them regardless of if you actually hate the religion as a whole.
This wasn't really necessary to clarify considering Roger and I have already discussed our anti-Zionist sentiments a year or two ago. I think everybody here can appreciate the difference between saying "I am against the Israeli oppression of Palestinians whose homeland was trespassed upon" and saying "hook-nosed circumsized Jew bastards". The former being something that many rational, anti-Zionist yet pro-Semite people might say, the latter being the sort of racist filth which poured out of Fischer's mouth.

Yeah, I agree that given what Bobby Fischer has done in his life, it's quite possible that a handful of wealthy Jews are doing whatever they can to make his life miserable, but that doesn't mean we ought to excuse his blanket statements of racial hatred as "anti-Zionism." Make no mistake: Bobby Fischer is not an ordinary anti-Zionist. He is a flagrant anti-Semite who is calling for the destruction of the Jewish race. I don't have a drop of Jewish blood in me, but I find this sort of racism disgusting. No race is perfect. There have been a lot of great whites in history and a lot of horrible monster whites. There have been a lot of great Jews in history and a lot of horrible monster Jews. And so on and so forth for every friggin' race on this planet. Yet people like Bobby Fischer (apparently) believe that all Jews are worthy of scorn and hatred. Even the ones who love chess, donate money to philanthropies, and feel he's being unfairly singled out by the U.S. State department and the CIA.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

He's a genius crazyman. Not a surprise.

But why Iceland and Serbia?

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Because the the only ones willing to accept him apparently.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc