UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Project X Zone leaving Japan!

Scamco X Capcon X Segac

The fanservice game of all fanservice games is actually gonna come out in the rest of the world O_O The fate of many universes is in our hands (cause its a handheld game!)!

While not a .hack game, it'll be the first to have .hack characters in it released in the west since 2007! Some Sakura Wars characters'll finally be given another chance to shine! No Valkyria Chronicles 3 localization? Segac'll look even more bad since a couple characters from that game appear in this one! And so much more!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

What an interesting assortment of characters. O_o

Summer 2013 for North America, Europe, and Australia, Wikipedia says in the article body text, but Winter 2013 for our friends in Australia according to the table on the far right. That would be pretty stupid to release the game a full six months late in Australia despite the existence of American and European localizations -- so two different English-language options to choose from! -- six months before.

The original character Tenzai Kogorou seems to be based off of Japan's Sherlock Holmes, Akechi Kogorou.

I wonder if they'll retain all of the Japanese voices. Seems like Bandai Namco, Capcom, and SEGA went all out on this one, soliciting all of the original voice actors and actresses to reprise their character roles and record dialogue for this game. Either that or they just copy-pasted dialogue from the original games. And Hayashibara Megumi (voices Jessie in Pokémon) lends her voice to one of the main rival unit members, it seems?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

But does it mean Australia's Winter, which is America and Europe's Summer?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
But does it mean Australia's Winter, which is America and Europe's Summer?
Oh ho, good call. (I guess this illustrates the problem with giving release dates by season instead of by yearly quarter or a specific month. ^^; )
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
deoxys
Fog Badge

Damn, that game looks fine.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I wonder if they'll retain all of the Japanese voices. Seems like Bandai Namco, Capcom, and SEGA went all out on this one, soliciting all of the original voice actors and actresses to reprise their character roles and record dialogue for this game. Either that or they just copy-pasted dialogue from the original games. :lol: And Hayashibara Megumi (voices Jessie in Pokémon) lends her voice to one of the main rival unit members, it seems?
I'm betting on a sub-only release. To many characters to dub an to many fans who'd get mad if they didn't all use their original english (where applicable) va's. Really hoping they do a special edition or pre-order bonus which included the OST as the japanese version had! Cause aside from the great animation I've heard that the music is great to!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

So the demo for this game came out in Europe and Australia this week, and I have to say that this was seriously fun. Though from what I can gather that it would take a very long time to actually get through the game because the demo took me forever to actually finish, which I guess was a combination of the high health that the boss had and that it took me having lost two groups of people before I remembered that you could access the menu for items and skills, as well as there being a sort of large amount of enemies to fight. As for the fighting itself, it is like a mash up of a fighting game and a SRPG. The only real problem for me is that I don't know who most of the characters are, but I can get over that pretty easily.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I had no idea there'd be a demo o.o

Got my first edition pre-order in a month or so ago. I'm buying it regardless but I might try the demo. Do ya know if its like the start of the game or somewhere between? And is the voice acting japanese still?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

The voice acting is still Japanese, and I am not too sure where the demo takes place in the story, but there is meant to be another demo coming out next month.

Also I played the demo again, and this time it took like no time to do because I actually knew what I was doing. I seriously can't wait for this game to come out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games