UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
GrJackass
Night Man

Borderlands 2

yes i know there already is a thread but i fear that a thread name of 87 bajillion guns might be just glanced over

now does anyone actually have this game? im actually quite dissapointed and slightly disgusted that there isnt more of a buzz on this site for this game

so i have a 2-3 man party on a regular basis consisting of gunzerker, siren and an assassin that pops in from time to time

lookin for a fourth really, you don't have to be a commando seeing how the customization of characters can make a character completely different. we play around 7pm-midnight est on a regular basis, if you feel you are too low we dont mind playing in your game to catch you up/power level you.

if you're interested my xboxlive name is ... GrJackass

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Martz
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Martz Send a message via MSN to Martz
If I had an Xbox that would actually let me get online, I would take you up on that offer. I loved Borderlands but was always playing it alone and got boring after a while. Not sure if I can get for PC and can party up that way by chance?
Martz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
GrJackass
Night Man

i don't believe you could ever play cross platform. but now that they do the whole, you're your own server dealy I'm not entirely sure

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”

Last edited by GrJackass; 09-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

I'm a level 23 commando, but unfortunately I'm PC master race so no bro-op on this one ='(

Spoiler: show
The fact that the VA for the commando is the same guy who did the War Mage in Orcs Must Die is a bigger mindfuck for me than I would have expected. Probably because the characters are so similar in actual personality.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
GrJackass
Night Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise View Post
I'm a level 23 commando, but unfortunately I'm PC master race so no bro-op on this one ='(
/inhale

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 09-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just started as a Gunzerker, but I'm on the PS3 group. I generally prefer playing solo anyway.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #7
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Whoa. The brother from Hey Ash Whatchaplaying? was the writer for Borderlands 2! Tiny Tina is played by Ash! Tiny Tina is awesome!
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Just started as an assassin. Any idea's on what to build? In the original borderlands I ended up going the Gunslinger route on Mordecai and got Masher Revolvers, but Zero's class tree isn't really good for that.

In any case, its been hilarious so far.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Loki

Honestly, play around with all your skills. Money is pretty much infinite and you can just pay cash to reset your skills. The Borderlands 2 website has a skill tree builder on their character page if you want to try it out.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
Loki

Does anyone use Twitter? I don't have a smart phone so I can't follow the Gearbox guys to get Shift Codes and more golden keys. Once I find out about them, they've all been redeemed. >>;;
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Loki

Playing Commando and loving it. The Sabre Turret is easily one of the deadlier skills which don't really rely on the player being any good lol. Once you get Scorched Earth, the turret can destroy practically anything not a boss. After I invested in that, I started throwing points into Survival so I can get Gemini turrets.

Have played Siren a bit, but I'm not in love with it. Phaselock is useful, but it's not killer. I found it extremely annoying that after Phaselocking a badass, it's minions still knocked me around. Sure not to death, but enough that I couldn't outright ignore them. Which forced me to pretty much ignore the floating badass as I shoot his minions. While it helped, I would have much preferred the badass dead as well.

My Assassin game has been thus far okay. I am avoid the typical melee build and sniping build and going for a Cunning Shotgun build abusing Ambush and exceedingly fast reloads. Not sure if I should continue investing in Cunning to get Death Blossom ASAP or get some Sniping for Headsh0t, 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill, and B0re.

Haven't really played Gunzerker much. At least not enough to unlock Gunzerking =x
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Playing Commando and loving it. The Sabre Turret is easily one of the deadlier skills which don't really rely on the player being any good lol. Once you get Scorched Earth, the turret can destroy practically anything not a boss. After I invested in that, I started throwing points into Survival so I can get Gemini turrets.
As much as I want to get Gemini, the problem is that you have to invest heavily in the survival tree to get it (which doesn't have a lot in the way of direct damage buffs and a lot of somewhat questionable defensive buffs). I'm mostly Guerrilla/Gunpowder at the moment, since with the kill skills in both trees it gives you some real killing power even when the turret is on cooldown.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
Loki

Yeah, I've heard people say the turret gets less amazing once in True Vault Hunter mode, but thus far I've been playing pretty much exclusively with friends and it has been quite supportive. My current duration for it is ~36 seconds and the cooldown dropped to ~20 seconds, so I usually have a turret out rather than not. And in situations where we don't want the turret out (like doing optional objectives), I've still been able to manage to hold my own with relatively few gun skills.

Also, a lot of late game talk has been revolved around The Bee and Conference Call pretty much making any non-shooting skill pretty trivial (as well as the game in general). So when people tell me the Turret is not spectacular, I feel it's because they're comparing it to an overpowered game-breaker. Honestly with the ease of respecing your skills, if Survival really doesn't help much, I will just respec to Double Up or something.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard people say the turret gets less amazing once in True Vault Hunter mode, but thus far I've been playing pretty much exclusively with friends and it has been quite supportive.
The turret's still really good in True Vault Hunter mode (you still reliably ball-stomp most non-badass enemies with it with Scorched Earth), it's just that enemies have so much more health (at least until you get better guns) that you need to be able to handle your business while it's down.

Also having Slag bullets on demand without dedicating one of your weapon slots to it is pretty nice.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Mechromancer skill tree is out.

Her skill tree seems...schizophrenic. Ordered Chaos strikes me as being a tree either for people who really like getting close or really hate themselves, since the accuracy loss from the Anarchy mechanic seems like a major pain in the ass. BFF looks like the most "reliable" tree, but doesn't really have a lot in the way of damage buffs, and the emphasis on shock damage in Little Big Trouble is kind of disappointing considering how the late game really favors corrosion when you're fighting waves upon waves of Hyperion crap and there aren't a lot of highly shielded enemies for the most part.

I'm a pet class whore so I'll probably go in for Deathtrap, in any event.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
Loki

Yeah, I got the same impression.

Ordered Chaos looks terrible for me. I am always reloading (usually right after a kill), so the Anarchy bonus would probably be lost and the whole tree would become useless.

Little Big Trouble has some promise since it still boosts the other elemental weapons as well, but yeah, Electric is a bit disappointing. At least it still does better vs. Armor than Fire does. Make It Sparkle is likely the best skill she has, but the rest of the tree will likely not be the most loved.

BFF tree looks okay, but the fact that 20% cooler is one tier lower than Axton's Resourceful and Maya's Quicken means she won't be able to splash into that tree for a faster Deathtrap. Another problem is that defensive trees have generally not been the most loved trees in late game discussions. Salvador's Brawn is considered the strongest tree in PT1, but considered too weak for TVHM and PT2.5. Unfortunately I think BFF might fall into the same category since it looks like a Deathtrap tanking tree.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #17
Loki

Got the Mechromancer and then this came out. So far I'm good though, but all my friends are practically treating the Mechromancer like she has the plague.

EDIT: LOL. Now compatibility patch is out and it costs 4.29 billion MS points. Can't play online tonight I guess.

Last edited by Loki; 10-09-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
Loki

First DLC has been announced and it's coming out next Tuesday!

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...te--39-s-booty
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
First DLC has been announced and it's coming out next Tuesday!

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...te--39-s-booty
Man, we really are in full swing for the holiday season. I went through the better part of the summer being bored with video games to being like "whoa, slow the fuck down": Borderlands 2 DLC AND XCOM (and Dishonored that my friend got for me)? Why are you making me choose?

So yeah, my Commando is now 50, and I was lucky to get my Bee on the 3rd/4th attempt on Hunter Helquist. Apparently Randy Pitchford is saying over Twitter that the Bee is getting nerfed next patch, which bums me out somewhat: towards the end of TVH mode enemy health and damage becomes so high that it honestly starts to feel like a thankless slog where you're scraping by with multiple second winds in one fight and even better guns don't feel like they're meaningfully closing the gap. What I'm hoping they do is that they just nerf how it interacts with multi-projectile firearms (e.g. shotguns, where the Bee damage bonus is being applied to every single pellet): it's still really powerful on fast-firing weapons like SMGs, but even SMGs with the Bee aren't ridiculous death cannons like the Conference Call or a good-quality Crowdsourcing.

But regardless, fucked Terramorphous in the ass and got my legendary class mod. Feels good man.

EDIT: What I'm using with my Bee right now. 17 pellets/shot + Bee = Doing 25-33% damage to TVH Warrior every time it emerges.

Last edited by Blastoise; 10-11-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #20
Loki

Yeah, nerfing the Bee is pretty much a given.

I find it rather disgusting that people were competing for who was the fastest at killing Terramorphus, coming down to like >2 seconds on Salvador while Gunzerking. Also hated that when someone does solo Terramorphus without the Bee/Shotgun, people would comments about how it was stupid and took too long. I don't know about you, but I find it much more entertaining to see a Law/Love Thumper Zer0 take out Terramorphus rather than >10 seconds of gamebreaking. If you're going to play the game with the Easy button, don't brag about how you can click faster than the next guy.

I am okay with people using the Bee to farm even if it is a gamebreaking tool, but I'm not okay when people put down real accomplishments (like beating Terramorphus without a gamebreaker) because the Bee is quicker.

I have a level 16 Bee from a Red Dahl chest in the Highlands under the bridge. I also got a Conference Call from BNK3R, but I recently sold it since it was only level 28.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
Loki

Gr, our friends and I just killed did the Terramorphus fight a few times on TVHM. Got a weird glitch were one of us could see his Custom Head skin (Cold Steel?), but only one of us could see it. Also, NONE OF US could pick it up. >_>; May have had been a lag issue, but it happened twice.

We also got 2 Mechromancer Mods and 1 Commando Mod. As the Commando of the group, I took claim, but while it's neat, it's a bit underwhelming since it only pumps Level 1 skills (and doesn't pump Preparation!). The Legendary Soldier Mod seems way better. I guess that one is also the more rare one, so it can be better.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
We also got 2 Mechromancer Mods and 1 Commando Mod. As the Commando of the group, I took claim, but while it's neat, it's a bit underwhelming since it only pumps Level 1 skills (and doesn't pump Preparation!). The Legendary Soldier Mod seems way better. I guess that one is also the more rare one, so it can be better.
Most of the Tier 1 commando talents are pretty good meat and potato skills, though (+4 to Impact is the shit), so you're getting a mod where you don't have to go far out of your way for a lot of free points. I'd say the real disadvantage is that the boost to fire elemental as a passive is pretty situational.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #23
Loki

Yeah, I don't even really consider the burn part of the mod as anything substantial, which is why the Legendary Soldier mod seems considerably more powerful. Gun Damage, Fire Rate, Cooldown, and +5 to all Level 1 skills compared to Terramorphus' mod which is basically +HP and +4 to 5/6 Level 1 skills.

I did manage to get Hellfire SMG and White Death with Burning element, so maybe Terramorphus might help. Doubtful though.

I recently respec'ed myself for pretty much pure weapons fire output with Nuke for the lulz. While I'm not in love with it, I do see the merits of insane firepower. A non-elemental Hyperion Shotguns with 5 Duty Calls, 5 Ranger, 9 Impact, 5 Battlefront, 9 Ready, and 9% bonuses to Gun Damage, Accuracy, Fire Rate, Reload from Badass Ranks really turns that Axton into quite the glass cannon. Dying can suck, but I practically throw away money at this point.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #24
Loki

Fuck you Hyperius the Invincible.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #25
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Fuck you Hyperius the Invincible.
Hyperius is annoying as shit, but at least they're starting to design raid bosses so that you can't CONFERENCE CALL BEE TO WIN so I guess there's that.

Also I feel like I would have probably enjoyed the Scarlett DLC more if I wasn't already at level cap. I have no reason to do a good chunk of the sidequests on my Commando since they award only experience (lol) and money (lololololololol).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games