UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Gallade Pokemon XD on the 3DS? (Fake)

Images have recently surfaced that imply that Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness may be getting a remake or sequel on the 3DS. I cannot verify whether or not these images are real, but if they are it is certainly an interesting prospect.
Source with images.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
Images have recently surfaced that imply that Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness may be getting a remake or sequel on the 3DS. I cannot verify whether or not these images are real, but if they are it is certainly an interesting prospect.
Source with images.
This could be true, considering that it's been reported that a new game will be coming out soon.

Though, the fact the screenshots have the same player character as XD make me a little suspicious. Though it would be totally awesome if this was legit.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Well, I can't read Japanese, but judging from the pictures, as well as Agate Village they show, Dr. Kaminko's Lab and a scene in Gateon Port. If they're anything to go by, it looks more likely to be a re-make than a fresh game.

Nobody messes with the happenin' Zook, lol.

Spoiler: show
PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The second picture is the only one which has any legible text on it. The others are way too fuzzy and zoomed-out to tell.

On top, all I can make out is 美しい冒険, "a beautiful adventure". It's just them selling the game, that's all.

In the upper screen's textbox, I see what looks like サクスカ. Problem is, any one of those could have " accents on them, and the ス could be a ヌ. Hard to tell since (once again) it's too goddamn fuzzy. Now, interestingly enough, I did just get a positive hit on Google for "pokemon zakusuka." It returned this link. Apparently Zakusuka was a trainer you could get a Zangoose from in XD: Gale of Darkness. No idea. But anyway, if that does say ザクスカ, then it'd be Zakusuka.

Much more telling is what's on the bottom part of the picture. It unmistably says 妹 マナ. This reads "Little Sister Mana." Never played XD: Gale of Darkness, so I had to look this one up, too, but ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamestop
You play as a nameless main character who adventures with his little sister, Mana.
Google turned up that sample for this link when I searched for "Pokemon little sister Mana."

This more or less reduces the story to one of only two possibilities:

A) Someone has taken old magazine scans (or done an insanely good job doctoring fakes from scratch) and has submitted this as fictitious evidence for an XD release on the 3DS, or

B) The 3DS is going to see an XD release.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

I think this will most likely be a remake, some of the screenshots used in these images were the same ones used to promote the original.
Zakusuka is the guy in the second picture who is cut in half, and the little girl is the main character's younger sister. The picture is of a scene in the first game when she accidentally bumps into him and he gets all raged up.

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I'm leaning towards fake at the moment since I don't think any of the Cube games sold all that well in comparison to something else entirely.

But I could be surprised considering GameFreak's record with 3D games and the 3DS being largely a 3D-centered console.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

One guy is saying it's fake based on something I completely overlooked: the bubble in picture 1. I was zoned in completely on the game screen and completely ignored pretty much everything else. But he's pointed out that in the bubble in picture 1, it says:

Price: Everything
Street Sales Date: Fall
Price: 4800

Which practically screams fake. Which then begs the question, wouldn't a faker do better? XD In which case maybe it's real because no faker would do something this glaringly obvious. Or would he do that because he's accounting for us thinking he'd never do such a thing when really ...

*many mind-games later*

@_@

Regardless, 4800 yen for a 3DS game sounds pricey. Is that how much they normally sell for?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I'm leaning towards fake at the moment since I don't think any of the Cube games sold all that well in comparison to something else entirely.

But I could be surprised considering GameFreak's record with 3D games and the 3DS being largely a 3D-centered console.
I do agree that these are probably fake, they're just pretty well done and kind of random.

If they are real then it is almost certainly remake like I said earlier. Looking again at the screenshots there is yet another scene at the Cipher Lab that was taken directly from Pokemon XD.

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Oh boy ANOTHER 3DS remake. Who needs original content am I right?

That said, it seems pretty unlikely. While Colo/XD sold decently enough they're not exactly fan favorites. It would also be a BAD way to introduce 3DS owners to PKMN cause although XD isn't a "real" PKMN game it is pretty close, so when the B/W Version 3 and R/S remakes come along people are gonna be expecting full 3D (not the gimmick 3D) battles and such in the games. Which won't happen. Which may leave a bad impression on peeps.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Hearing reports from /vp/ that it might be a new Mystery Dungeon game... but the only picture we have so far looks really fake.

I'd love that, personally, but I'm not so sure about it either.

A girl can dream, can't she?

For the curious.

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If that is fake, then the guy who did it put in an inordinate amount of time creating a fake ChunSoft-style profile picture for Mijumaru/Oshawott for a fake image that is going to be promptly forgotten in about a week to two weeks. Is it really worth it? This applies to every person who has ever made a convincing fake magazine scan.

What made the first Mystery Dungeon great was its compelling partnership/Frodo+Sam story. What made the second Mystery Dungeon great was its longer and more epic story. I prefer the first game's, ultimately, because it was a simpler-yet-still-epic epic and I really preferred the relationships in that one. But the second was so great, too, that it will be neat to see what ChunSoft unveil for this next series.

Give us infinite Kangaskhan storage space though. ¬_¬ And make it so that, like in the original games (iirc), Kanga stores items of the same kind all together, i.e. it says 46 x Oran Berry, not Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry for pages on end. -_-;
Old 04-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

>3D Graphics

No sir I don't like it.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

They've added a clearer picture on the site I have sourced and I can say for certain its a remake and not a sequel, assuming it is real.

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
This site's calling both of them fake.
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Emp
Volcano Badge

I'm glad the Mystery Dungeon one is fake, I would've been pretty pissed if they where using almost the excact same graphics as MD1 five years and one game console on. It's the kind of thing I could still see them pulling though.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #16
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

I would've been pretty pleased if they where using almost the excact same graphics as MD1 five years and one game console on.

Fixed that for you.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #17
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
I'm glad the Mystery Dungeon one is fake, I would've been pretty pissed if they where using almost the excact same graphics as MD1 five years and one game console on. It's the kind of thing I could still see them pulling though.
Those weren't the MD1 Graphics. Look closer.

Quote:
Give us infinite Kangaskhan storage space though. ¬_¬ And make it so that, like in the original games (iirc), Kanga stores items of the same kind all together, i.e. it says 46 x Oran Berry, not Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry Oran Berry for pages on end. -_-;
This.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News