UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 09-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
swampert28
#009: Blastoise

3D modelling

So I have an Animation class for one semester, and I have decided to open up this thread to show you guys what I have been up to. I have started to learn the ways of 3D modelling in Autodesk 3DS max, and have started making projects(I am passed the "fiddle-around-with-default-cubes-stage"). So here are a few things that have been worked on.

Wrench Project

Spoiler: show

Ferrari Project

Spoiler: show

Last edited by swampert28; 09-23-2013 at 11:57 PM.
swampert28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
swampert28

So I have basically gotten rid of the Ferrari project today due to the low quality of the blueprints. So I have found a couple of interesting blueprints, but I don't know if they will be easy enough for my first 3D car. So I was wondering if any of you guys(and gals) know of any cars that may be worth while as a "starter car." If you want to help with research, here is the main website for blueprints http://www.the-blueprints.com/
Old 09-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Ah, 3D modeling. Pretty fun to do and an awesome skill to have to the point I took a class for that in college and thought of doing a career out of it... until I realised I either don't have the skills to make it as a job, or just so darn perfectionist that I would take forever to model something, or else I'll find it ugly as heck

For reference, I used Softimage XSI as the modeling program at school.

Anyhow, as for the car thing, how bout this one? http://www.the-blueprints.com/bluepr...12_%282007%29/

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
swampert28

The model seems basic enough. And an Aston to boot!(I LOVE ASTON MARTINS). Anyway, thanks for the picture, I'll hope to get the picture split, applied, and moved to the appropriate positions tomorrow. If anyone has any other ideas of what to model, or can provide Blueprints(of pokemon maybe?) I would much appreciate it.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I'm not always into cars, but when I am, I have good taste X)

You're welcome! Perhaps later I'll dig up in my old college stuff and find what I made back then - even if I find them horribad ^^;

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
swampert28

Sorry Okiku, but I seemed to have found an easier model, but the Aston will surely be modeled at some time or another. Anyways I have been looking at tutorials for different ideas on how to model this thing but while I was watching I was multi-tasking, and created this

As You can see, The center of the wheel has been modelled, but as everything else, I am still thinking of how I will be able to model the rest. Actually the center doesn't look like that on the real wheel, I just thought that It looked nice this way. Anyway, because It is the weekend, I won't be doing anything until Monday, and if anything major happens, then I'll update you guys.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
swampert28

So today was a bit more of fiddeling around, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it. The front bumper was a bit wonky, so I'm thinking of quickly re-doing it(It won't take that long, as I have figures most of it out.

My teacher insists that we give her more than one picture, but because I do not really progress much in a day, than I thought that just one picture was just fine. Anyways, one thing that was quickly fixed was how the bumper sits next to the fender, as seen in the picture above, the space between the two objects is huge, but I managed to quickly fix that after the picture, but as stated before, I will probably redo the whole bumper, instead of wasting time fiddling with the bumper(I could save quite a bit of time).

Anyways, I hope you guys like the progress, as there will be more tomorrow if any major progress is made. I do hope that you guys will be able to see the final product, whether it's really crappy, or absolutely stunning.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
swampert28

So It's been awhile since I posted last, so I will try on updating you guys as much as possible. Firstly, the Car Projects have been done, and tossed away. The Projects have been taking Waaaaaaaaaaay too long, so I started on another random project. The new project is a building project, and I am about 1/4 the way through. The building is a sort of arena, I guess, and has a giant domed tower, that is encircled by other smaller Dome buildings, which all have towers protruding form their tops, that connect to the main tower. I have nearly finished the basics, and am moving on to the details, which will hopefully make this thing look nice. I hope to keep updates coming, but as I am nearly always busy, one can only hope.

Here is the project so far.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc