UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #951
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Can the Eerie Stone from the previous Hallowe'en event be used to evolve a Happiny (who would otherwise use an Oval Stone)? If not, how might an Oval Stone be obtained under the new rules?
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:34 PM   #952
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
Can the Eerie Stone from the previous Hallowe'en event be used to evolve a Happiny (who would otherwise use an Oval Stone)? If not, how might an Oval Stone be obtained under the new rules?

Eerie Stone (Will allow a Pokémon to evolve in lieu of their required elemental stone)

Given that this is the description of an Eerie Stone I will say that yes you can use it in lieu of an Oval Stone.

As for how Oval Stones or any evolution stones for that matter may be obtained... The simple answer is that you can only get evolution stones in Zones or through some event of some kind. It's possible that we might expand where certain items can be found in the future, but for now Zones are the only source of Evolution Stones and those that are not created from shards are going to be even more difficult to find since it is easier to get a shard than it is an entire stone.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:49 AM   #953
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

With the recent discussion on Hidden Power in the TO, I got to wondering something- I know TMs can't be used on Shadow Pokémon, nor items that teach Custom Moves, but what about non-TM items that teach official moves? That's kinda in the middle there- not quite covered by either one of those things, is it? I ask only because I'm trying to once and for all work out Hidden Power types for my team beyond what's learned it so far (and in the case of my Amoonguss, in the process of learning it), and it occurs to me that this might not matter in the case of my Shadow Ledian. If such items as I've described can be used on Shadow Pokémon, then that means an Unown Plushie can be used to teach Stewie Hidden Power, and if they can't, then I needn't bother working on his Hidden Power type. Either way, it's not a huge concern, just something I'd like to know.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:36 PM   #954
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Just a heads-up, I've just noticed that Secret Power is missing from the new TM list. My guess is that this was an accident since it's only been a TM again since ORAS, but just thought I should mention it!
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #955
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Am I allowed to quote the confirmation post in the IQ shop? Just seems silly to link to a post with everyone else's IQ confirmations when I could make it easier for who ever needs to verify the IQ of just my Pokemon. Also asking because no one else seems to quote it either. Dunno if there's a specific reason why they don't.
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #956
enchantress
Queen of the Night

MM: For simplicity's sake let's just leave it at Shadow Pokémon learning only level-up, Egg and MT moves unless the item actually teaches one of those.

DTFG: Thanks for the heads up ^^.

sbd: It does make more sense to quote given the size of the updates so go right ahead.
enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #957
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Is there a complete list of FB custom moves out there? Off the top of my head, I know there's Firestream, Crossfire, Thorns, Unfinished Symphony, Chocolate Magic, Chocolate Bomb, Can't Catch Me, Fire Shield, Gummi Bomb, Defensive Shield, Thorns, Fatal Attraction, Copycat, Ice Barrier, Brain Freeze, Blow-Back, and Voodoo Bugaloo. Are there any I'm missing?
Old 03-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #958
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but just want to check - I'm going to be away next week between Saturdays and will thus miss three Pokémon birthdays (Monday: Raticate, Tuesday: Goomy and Thursday: Electrike). There's a good chance that I'll have Wi-fi but I'll only have my phone, on which linking and such is a right pain. Is it alright if I can log in and put a placeholder post and edit the finer details in when I get back?

I'm sure I've seen it done before but just wanted to clarify. I can set things up so that I do it the second I get back online, just would rather not miss three loads of Pokémon presents if I can help it!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #959
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but just want to check - I'm going to be away next week between Saturdays and will thus miss three Pokémon birthdays (Monday: Raticate, Tuesday: Goomy and Thursday: Electrike). There's a good chance that I'll have Wi-fi but I'll only have my phone, on which linking and such is a right pain. Is it alright if I can log in and put a placeholder post and edit the finer details in when I get back?

I'm sure I've seen it done before but just wanted to clarify. I can set things up so that I do it the second I get back online, just would rather not miss three loads of Pokémon presents if I can help it!
I know for a fact this is allowed. It's what I've done for my Torkoal's birthday the past two years, and I've had no problems whatsoever.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:07 AM   #960
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Is there a complete list of FB custom moves out there? Off the top of my head, I know there's Firestream, Crossfire, Thorns, Unfinished Symphony, Chocolate Magic, Chocolate Bomb, Can't Catch Me, Fire Shield, Gummi Bomb, Defensive Shield, Thorns, Fatal Attraction, Copycat, Ice Barrier, Brain Freeze, Blow-Back, and Voodoo Bugaloo. Are there any I'm missing?
I will double check with Tess, but I think you might have them all there. In any case, there are a few custom items I am hoping to organize into lists over the next year to make it easier for people to find information on items, so I will add Custom Moves to the list as well because it seems like they would be good to have as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post

Yes go ahead and put a placeholder on the birthday dates. Please try to update the posts with links as soon as you can though. Basically, do not put the placeholder up and then wait a month or two before updating the posts. If you do, we might not approve the gifts.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #961
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

No worries Stark, I plan to have all three ironed out before I go away so it'll be a simple case of pasting them into the placeholders when I get back. Assuming I can make the placeholders in the first place, of course. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2015, 01:14 AM   #962
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Just a quick question, since I know we are using the current ORAS Pokedex that means that some Pokemon, like Clefairy and Jigglypuff have lost their Normal typings and have gained Fairy instead. Concerning Gummis, are we no longer allowed to feed Pokemon that are Fairy but used to be Normal, White Gummis?

I feel the answer is an obvious one but I'd like to be sure.
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:19 AM   #963
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbbydoll View Post
Just a quick question, since I know we are using the current ORAS Pokedex that means that some Pokemon, like Clefairy and Jigglypuff have lost their Normal typings and have gained Fairy instead. Concerning Gummis, are we no longer allowed to feed Pokemon that are Fairy but used to be Normal, White Gummis?

I feel the answer is an obvious one but I'd like to be sure.
Jigglypuff is still Normal, it's just now Normal/Fairy. Same for the rest of its evolution line, and Azurill. It's the Cleffa and Snubbull lines that actually lose their Normal typing. Wouldn't know about your question, though- I mean, this is the first time any Pokémon's ever permanently lost a type between generations.

It raises another question, actually- will there be another Gummi for Fairy-types? There isn't one in the games thus far, as there hasn't been a PMD title released since the Fairy-type actually became a thing, but it would seem a bit unfair for pure Fairy-types to only be able to use Mysterious Gummis and nothing else, y'know?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:33 AM   #964
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Any plans for the Adoption Center to use Pokedollars?
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #965
enchantress
Queen of the Night

We can create a Fairy-type Gummi, no problem there.

And I'd somehow skipped right over adoption. If we're going with a straight conversion then 3 candies = $30. I'll edit the change in immediately but won't enforce it until 1st April, so until then you can choose between using candies or cash.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #966
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

On the subject of shops, is there any reason the Breeding Center kinda... doesn't seem to exist at the moment? The rules being updated or something?
Old 03-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #967
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Yes. The mods are making some changes to it.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #968
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Yes we have been making some changes to it that include a number of things people will probably like. Among some of the changes are...

Gone will be the coin and candy fee and instead a pokedollar fee will be charged.
Level minimum for breeding will be 50 instead of 100

I am not positive when we will be putting the Breeding Centre back into play. It could come next week or it could come at the same time as the new Egg House shows up. I will try to keep you posted.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #969
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Can Pokédollars be claimed for zone intro posts, or does it have to be a reply to an update?
Old 03-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #970
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Intros count as they're still RP posts.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:06 PM   #971
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Cool, thanks. As a backup question, though, what about intro posts and replies in the Dream World? It's a pretty unique zone, so I figured it'd be safer to ask.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #972
enchantress
Queen of the Night

The Dream World is the same deal as a regular zone in that sense. While updates are meant to be shorter, replies must still meet the minimum requirement.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #973
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Cool, thanks. As a backup question, though, what about intro posts and replies in the Dream World? It's a pretty unique zone, so I figured it'd be safer to ask.
We are discussing what we plan to do for the Dream World when it comes to pokedollars. Because it is supposed to be a fast moving, short zone we need to decide how we want to handle it from both an updater standpoint and a player one. We will get back to you on that fairly soon.

EDIT: See the post above this one for the answer.

Last edited by Stark; 04-01-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #974
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'm not too sure on the ethics of trading pokedollars for pokemon.

On one hand, it allows for the candy limit to be bypassed, and with the dollars being harder to come by it makes them more valuable given their variety of uses.

But conversely, we weren't allowed to trade coins for pokemon, which the Pokedollar replaces as such. What factors weighed in on the stipulation of effectively buying pokemon from other folk?

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #975
Stark
Rainbow Badge

The Pokédollar is the new main form of currency so there's no point in comparing it to anything else. Coins are game corner only. Candies, while we could have completely banned them as even a minor form of currency, and still may as it does make sense to do so, are still being used in lieu of the Pokédollar in some areas, and will continue to be used by many members whom I imagine would rather hold on to their cash. Money is meant to be traded for goods and services and seeing as the Pokédollar is now the main form of cash then it makes sense to allow it to be traded. It may also change the existing manner of trading, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just different, and will take a little bit of time getting used to.

In the end, Pokedollars are only as valuable as you want to make them. If you want more of them, then you can earn them by any number of means. Zones, Battles, and TCG are just a few ways to do so. Updating and reffing are others. If you don't like the idea of relying on an updater in order to get pokedollars then take up updating and use that as a means to collect more pokedollars. It seems fair to allow those who are working hard and earning pokedollars to be able to spend them in many different ways. Trading is one of those ways.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records