UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones

Old 02-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

After what to Kenny felt like an eternity of waiting, Dudley's eyes glowed a bright blue. The Shiny Slowbro's power extended across the entirety of the lake, and by way of Telekinesis, he lifted every scrap of garbage out of the lake all at once. With carefully orchestrated arm movements, Dudley compressed the garbage together into one singular wad, and lifted it all the way back to where Gavin wanted his Pokémon to take the garbage, and set it down there. With that done, Dudley turned back to ther others, oblivious to the looks of utter astonishment he was getting. "Lake clean," Dudley announced.

"...Holy shit," Gavin remarked. The water didn't even look dirty anymore- Dudley's Telekinesis had lifted even the tiniest scraps of litter and pollution out! Suddenly his extreme slowness in getting started was making a lot more sense, and judging by Keny's apologetic muffling, he too seemed to be realizing this.

Elsewhere, however, things weren't going so smoothly. Battlus, Miror, Aipom, and Rui were trying their best to fend off the pack of Garbodor, but it wasn't going so well. Despite Battlus's strong start, his type disadvantage was getting the better of him, and the constant barrage of Sludges and Sludge Bombs was getting to him.

Aipom and Rui were faring a bit better, but not by much, with three of the Garbodor lackeys having them surrounded. Then, one of them lashed out, and picked up Rui by the tail. The Shiny Dunsparce thrashed desperately. "H-hey, let me go!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, no, I don't think so," sneered one of the Garbodor. "You're the one mouthed off to us first when we tried to reclaim what's ours, so I think we should shut that mouth of yours for you."

"Yeah," chuckled another one of the Garbodor. "I'm thinking a nice series of Drain Punches should leave you nice and exhausted, and heal us up to gang up on- MMPH!"

For at that moment, that Garbodor was force-fed a Zap Cannon. Rui looked down, and saw that it had come from Aipom.

"Hey!" exclaimed the third Garbodor. "That little monkey's makin' fools of us!"

"You're gonna let her go now," Aipom stated.

"Oh, am I now?" challenged the Garbodor holding Rui. "Give me one good reason why."

Aipom said nothing in response. Instead, he let his tail do the talking as he sprang up at the Garbodor, delivering a swift Fury Swipes to his face. This got him to drop Rui, who flew over and caught Aipom as he jumped back down. "How about two to five reasons in one turn?" Aipom chuckled.

"Gah! Friggin'..." grunted the Garbodor who was still holding his face. "Forget the Dunsparce- get that Aipom!"

"Oh, no, you don't!" Rui exclaimed suddenly. Aipom jumped clear just in time- the Shiny Dunsparce let fly a Thunder Wave at the two non-paralyzed Garbodor, and then dove at them all, delivering Headbutt after Headbutt at them all. And between the paralysis and her natural Serene Grace, they all found themselves unable to strike back at any point. And Aipom just watched this unfolding, blushing intensely.

Meanwhile, the Garbodor leader and who appeared to be his second-in-command advanced on a severely weakened Battlus, plowing right through the defiant Icy Wind he blew to try and hold them off. And Miror watched all this going on, and while part of him liked seeing Battlus getting his comeuppance, he also knew, deep down, he couldn't just let these Garbodor do this to him.

As the Garbodor moved in, their Body Slams were suddenly impeded, and very painfully so, as Miror jumped in and executed a picture-perfect Spiky Shield. And before they could recover, Miror followed up by crafting a fluffy yet sturdy wall out of Cotton Guard.

"Wha... Miror, that was so stupid of you," Battlus murmured. "Wh... Those things would probably kill you dead and use your needles as toothpicks. Why?"

"Yeah, well... I dunno, dude, you've been a big jerk this whole time, but I can't just stand by and let you take 'em on alone, y'know?" replied the Maractus. "It ain't right. Even if you've been driving us all off the deep end, Gavin wouldn't approve, and deep down, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself."

"Huh..." murmured the Shiny Snover, who found himself, for once, at a loss for words.

"Hey- better get moving on some kind of counterattack," Miror prompted Battlus. "This Cotton Guard ain't gonna hold 'em off forever, y'know." Indeed, as though to prove this point, the Garbodor rammed into the Cotton Guard wall, causing bits of fluff to fly off it from the impact.

"...Right," nodded Battlus. And with that, the arboreal Shiny focused hard. His recent training was paying off majorly, and he had a lot of new moves with which to work, but he knew there was one thing he had to do, first and foremost, to give him even more of an advantage. If not in type or number, then at least in size and power.

The hail falling all around gleamed as it refracted the light Battlus began to emit. A bluish-whitish glow that enveloped Battlus from peak to roots. Miror's mouth fell open as Battlus grew larger. His trunk broadened, fluffy fur growing out all over, and spreading to his lengthening, thickening branches as well. And finally, the glow vanished just as the Cotton Guard did, leaving a pair of surprised Garbodor now beholding a powerful !

"YEEAAAAAH!" bellowed Battlus. "Now taste my frozen fury! Miror!" he added, flashing an actually respectful grin to the Maractus.

Miror grinned back. "Kick some ass, man," he responded as he used Helping Hand to transfer a burst of power to Battlus. And Battlus, in turn, brandished a pair of frosted fists, before lunging forward, slamming both Garbodor with his powerful new move, Ice Punch! This got both Garbodor flying backwards, crashing through the trees, and if the sounds they could hear were any indicator, they picked themselves up and hauled ass away from the park as quickly as they could. And hobbling along after them were their three lackies, realizing that their only way out of Rui's onslaught was to go while the going was good.

"Phew," Miror sighed in relief. "Now that was intense. Hey, uh... Aipom, man, sorry I blew up at you," he added to Aipom.

"Nah, I should've watched where I was throwing that Starboks cup," Aipom shook his head.

"Yeah, well, maybe I could've been carrying the garbage all along," Battlus shrugged. "Maybe treated you a bit better, too, yeah?" he added to Miror. "You might not wanna battle me, but jumping in like that earlier, that took real guts, and I respect that." Miror grinned in response, and the pair of Grass-types exchanged a fistbump (branchbump?).

"Look, guys, I wanna say something," Aipom added. "I know I'm all about playing tricks, getting you guys to react, and just laughing and all that, and I mean, that's just how I am. Just want you guys to know, I truly do like having y'all as teammates."

"...Including me?" Rui asked.

Aipom gave a grin. "Especially you," he responded. "That, uh, that was amazing back there, by the way," he added quietly.

Rui blushed. "Well, I... they were gonna... and you helped get them to let go of me, I mean, I just.."

Miror grinned at the pair of Normal-types. "C'mon, you Luvdisc. Let's get this done, yeah?" he added. And with that, they proceeded onward down the hiking trail, the lot of them now more committed to working together on this.

Code:
What? Snover is evolving!

...!!

Congratulations! Your Snover evolved into Abomasnow!

*Battlus learned Ice Punch!*
Old 02-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #27
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Alright, everyone, let's see how we di- holy shit! Battlus?!"

For it was nearing the end of the day, and Gavin and his Pokémon finished up their work, and were now reconvening near the entrance of the park. And the first thing Gavin noticed that among them, rather than Battlus as he knew him, there was instead a big, powerful Shiny Abomasnow.

"Aaaaboma!" Battlus responded proudly. Utterly flabbergasted, Gavin opened up his P*DA and went into the Strategy Memo.

"Abomasnow, the Frost Tree Pokémon," droned the device. "The evolved form of Snover. Type: Grass and Ice. Whips up blizzards on snowcapped mountains. It is the abominable snowman."

"Well, shit, man, that's awesome," Gavin grinned, exchanging a fistbump with his Shiny Abomasnow. "And judging by that big, bulging garbage bag you guys brought back, I take it all went well?"

"Bomasnow," nodded Battlus. Then, he gestured to the other three Pokémon he'd been working with.

"You guys were a big help, too, then, huh?" grinned Gavin. Then he looked warily at Aipom. "What about you, Aipom?" he added.

"Aipom, Aipom," Aipom chattered, nodding vigorously. Gavin looked skeptical, even when Rui nodded her emphatic agreement, but upon seeing Miror nod as well and even pat Aipom on the back, the skeptical look faded away.

"...Huh," Gavin remarked. "Aipom was a big help?"

"Rrrrractus!" stated Miror.

"Well, shit," grinned Gavin as Aipom climbed up on his shoulder. "Glad to hear it, Aipom.

"Slow bro," Dudley remarked vacantly.

'Right," nodded Gavin. "Now, then, as y'all can see, me and Phenac got our area cleaned up damn good, and Dudley was nothing short of amazing with the lake. You could drink outta that thing, I shit you not. Speaking of which, Dudley," he added, turning to his Shiny Slowbro. "Remember the spot we designated back at Sludge Wave Coast? Use Teleport and bring all this shit there. We'll meet you back home."

"Slow bro," nodded Dudley as he set to work.

With that, Gavin withdrew his other Pokémon, with the exception of Aipom, and started walking home. "So yeah, you're really starting to turn yourself around, sounds like," he said to Aipom. "Lemme tell ya, when I first caught you, I wasn't too thrilled, but now, you're really starting to fit in with the team. I get pissed at you so easy, but honestly, I kinda like having you around.

"Pom Aipom!" chattered Aipom, his grin more appreciative than impish.

"Y'know, this gets me to thinking," Gavin continued. "We ain't never nicknamed you, yeah? Just been calling you Aipom, never got to asking if you liked the sound of something else. And since you're starting to fit in a bit better with the team now, why not take this time to give you something else in common with 'em? And y'know, the way you been turning your life around... reminds me of that hero from Orre, the ex-Snagger who took down the Orre branch of Cipher. I'mma call you Wes, how's that sound?"

Evidently, it sounded quite good. "Aipomaipomaipom!" the Normal-type chattered happily.

"Heh. Glad you approve. Then Wes it is," decided Gavin. At that moment, however, Wes deftly swiped the P*DA out of Gavin's hand and landed on the ground. "What- why you little-!" Gavin began as his newly nicknamed Aipom grinned cheekily up at him. "Heh," grinned Gavin. "Some things ain't ever gonna change, ain't they? Get back here, you!" he added, pursuing his Aipom all the way home.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(I think it's high time someone tried and breathed a bit of life back into the free RP areas, don't you?)

Fizzytopia Parks and Wildlife. A vast expanse of wild, untamed land, dotted with hiking trails and campgrounds. It was perfect for... well, for hiking and camping, to state the painfully obvious, but there were all manner of outdoor activities this park was also suitable for, such as a picnic lunch. And as if to drive home that point, there came a couple into the park, two Trainers, who had clearly planned just such an activity.

"Aha," grinned Keith Masters, leading the way to a clearing. "This is the place," he stated, looking around- it was a relatively small clearing, covered with lush green grass, and was right on the shore of a large, beautiful lake. And thankfully, decidedly unlike Keith's last time coming here, not a speck of garbage to be seen. "I've been all over this park before, and this is easily the nicest spot here. What do you think?" he asked, addressing the other Trainer who had come with him.

This Trainer was one Willa Carnet, who gave a small smile as she looked around the clearing. "This is nice," she agreed. "It's even near the lake, so I can send out Lapras. You certainly know this park well," she added.

"Well, I mean, I did help clean it once," Keith replied modestly. "Came to know it pretty well in those days. Honestly, it was a pretty sweet deal, too- I was basically getting paid to feed Gemini, Mustard, Strychnine, Ariana, and Crabbe for five days."

Willa gave a chuckle. "I can imagine," she replied. As they spoke, they began setting things up- Keith spread out a blanket on the ground, while Willa and Meowth started pulling various food items, paper plates, and plastic utensils out of a large cooler and setting them all up. Then, once all the food was set up, the couple turned to face each other, nodded simultaneously, then each threw five Poké Balls into the air. Keith threw a variety of balls, while Willa threw five Ultra Balls.

From the balls Keith threw, there appeared a Budew, an Alolan Grimer, a Spritzee, a Salandit, and a Charizard, while Willa's Ultra Balls unleashed a Yanmega, an Eelektross, a Mawile, a Rowlet, and a Lapras. Lapras, of course, landed in the lake and looked quite content to be there, while Eelektross zipped off, floating above the surface of the water in search of something to do. Or someone to fight. Either or. The Rowlet flew off into a nearby cluster of trees, with the Budew hastily toddling after. The Salandit and the Charizard stood in the clearing, the latter demonstrating a basic Ember attack while the former tried desperately to copy what his father was doing. The Alolan Grimer hung around slightly awkwardly as Keith and Willa continued to set everything up, with the greyish-greenish Spritzee and the Yanmega flying overhead. Mawile, meanwhile, stood at the shore of the lake, shouting after the Eelektross, seemingly offended that she wasn't worth his while to battle. And Meowth, of course, was hanging around with Keith and Willa, helping the couple set things up.

A nice afternoon was getting underway for Keith, Willa, and their Pokémon. The question was, was said afternoon about to be shared with anyone else?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #29
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As their Trainers set up their picnic, the pair of Grass-types were headed into the more heavily wooded area adjacent to the clearing. Willa's Rowlet soared silently between the trees, weaving almost effortlessly through the arboreal accommodations. She slowed down as she came to a particularly large tree, and swung her wings around, sending sharp feathers flying right at the trunk. The needle-like feathers embedded themselves in the bark, all concentrated in a surprisingly small area. Rowlet smirked her satisfaction at this, as best as one with a beak could smirk, and followed up by shooting numerous sharp leaves at the tree as well. The Razor Leaf likewise ended up embedded in the tree trunk, this time in a ring surrounding the feathers. Giving a small, satisfied hoot, Rowlet landed on the branch of a nearby tree, admiring her handiwork. "Not bad," she murmured to herself. "And Razor Leaf is just as easy to aim, too. Good to know, very glad I learned that."

At that moment, however, a single glowing star of energy came flying in Swiftly, embedding itself in the exact center of the target Rowlet's accuracy training had produced on the tree trunk. Rowlet turned her head almost completely backwards, and spotted the source, standing on a branch on another tree close by- a relatively large Budew, clutching a bow between her rosebud stems. She gave a small smile upon spotting the Grass/Flying-type. "Rowlet," she greeted her.

Rowlet would have returned the smile if her beak permitted that much in the way of facial expression changes. "Artemis," she responded. "You're getting better, I didn't even hear you coming. And nice job with the Swift."

"Don't be too impressed- Swift never misses its mark," replied Artemis. "But it barely had to change course at all, which I consider promising."

"Indeed," hooted Rowlet.

"I saw that Razor Leaf, though," grinned Artemis. "That's new."

"Just learned it yesterday," replied Rowlet. "Willa's been a big help to me lately."

"Yesterday?" repeated Artemis. "You're already an expert with it. I like that."

Rowlet gave a pleased hoot. "Learned another move recently as well," she said, giving a flap of her wings. Before Artemis knew it, a gust of Ominous Wind lifted her up off the branch she was on and propelled her forward. Rowlet then reached out with a wing and caught her as she flew near. "What do you think?" she asked.

For a moment, Artemis was at a loss for words. Everything about Rowlet had appealed to her and impressed her from the moment they'd met, and their shared love of archery had brought them very close together. And judging by the faint reddish tint visible through the feathers on Rowlet's face, she was... extremely pleased by this close proximity. Indeed, Artemis stood out to her even moreso than Mawile had done so, and she found herself wanting to spend more and more time with the Budew. Finally, Artemis decided on a way to express exactly what she thought. A simple yet effective way- she leaned in and kissed Rowlet on the beak. And the rush of emotions this triggered in Rowlet ended up triggering something else in turn. She couldn't exactly kiss Artemis back, since beaks tend to not come with lips and all that, but she embraced the Budew with her wings just as she started to glow brightly. Rowlet grew larger; Artemis felt the wings embracing her grow larger, longer, stronger; and before either of them knew it, Artemis was now kissing a !

"...So you feel that way, too?" Dartrix finally asked.

Artemis nodded. "I have for some time now," she confirmed. "And I've only become more certain with each of our training sessions as of late. But I had no idea that you felt the same way..."

"Well, it's all part of my battle style- I give nothing away to the enemy," said Dartrix. "That said... you are no enemy of mine," she added in a tone that suggested she'd be smiling warmly if only Dartrixian anatomy permitted such things. The newly-established couple said no more, merely choosing to enjoy each other's company for a good long while before they'd get back to their training.

Quote:
What? Rowlet is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Rowlet evolved into Dartrix!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-07-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:54 PM   #30
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
The Fizzytopian parks were known for being a beauty spot, and after a bit of a rough patch, it felt it only suitable to venture in with some of his squad to relax. Well, at least mostly relax, as Alex had heard from a certain Dusknoir that an old friend was in the area, and said phantom had run into them while doing errands in his guise. Intriguing thing about ghost pokemon who had been around for years, they were remarkably good at copying others, though nowhere near as skilled as the likes of Ditto, and it was during this errand that Lapis had to break the news that Napier and Caritas had evolved.

To say Alex was annoyed would be an understatement. Heck, part of the reason he was out in the park was to let off some steam, while the ghost pokemon was effectively grounded as such, told to stay home and continue packing following confirmation that, yes, the spire was on the verge of falling over thanks to subduction. That being said, he was at least somewhat interested in this Willa woman the Gripper pokemon was on about, and he had a feeling he'd probably run into Keith sometime. Of course, he had company.

A few sudden flashes later, a quintet of pokemon milled around him in varying degrees. One of them was said Caritas mentioned before, the Golem giving a breathy grumble, while at her leg stood a Larvitar, brimming with energy and keen on proving her strength. A Nidoqueen stretcher her arms, Tori pleased to be out in the open while a timid Ralts clung to Alex's leg, trembling at the situation he was in. The fifth member was a small feline creature, who gave a cheery mewl and darted in circles. Sicily was certainly a handful, and as she sat down for the briefest of moments, the Litten's nose snuffled before the cat bolted off at speeds, deaf to Alex's cries of surprise and exasperation. Pointing in her direction, he called for his group to hurry after her, and wasn't at all surprised to see roughly zero pokemon heard him, for Attila and Caritas were lumbering in the direction of what looked like a pair of lizards, Tori was headed for a lake not too far from said lizards, Asclepius was now bundled in his arm after a stealthy teleport, leaving Sicily to be scampering towards a picnic of sorts being set up by some woman, a couple of floaty green things, and a guy with a big-

Arceus above, this is gonna get awkward... he thought as he slowly headed towards Keith, completely oblivious as to who this 'Willa' was, nor what she meant to Keith. If anything, it would at least be somewhat comforting to fill him in on events since that day he was called to deal with Stewie...

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #31
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The picnic had just gotten set up, the couple were just sitting down to eat, when a small feline came bolting their way. "Oh, cool," Keith grinned, as Willa produced her Pokédex.

"Litten, the Fire Cat Pokémon. A Fire-type," droned the device. "Litten's coat regrows twice a year. When the time comes, it sets its own body on fire to burn away the old fur."

"Yowch," Meowth remarked. "Glad I ain't gotta do dat."

"Yeah, you got Ruby to do that for you," Keith added with a sly smirk. Then, he saw who was following the Litten. "Oh, hey, Alex," he added. "Good to see you, what brings you here?" Willa looked at Alex, deep in thought. Something seemed different, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it...

As this was happening, the Alolan Grimer noticed the timid Pokémon in Alex's arms. "Gri," Ricin piped up, giving a small, slightly timid wave in greeting.

The pair of airborne green Pokémon likewise acknowledged the newcomers. "Yan ya," Yanmega greeted them.

"Sprrrrrritzee," added Miasma. perching atop Ricin.

~~~~~

Elsewhere, Rob took a deep breath, copied his father's poses and actions as best he could... and coughed out a tiny puff of smoke. "Aaaah, it's no use!" groaned the Salandit.

"Come now, son," said Charlie, the Charizard looking down at his boy. "You can't expect to get it right so quickly. These things take time. Let's take a little break and get back to this later, alright?"

"...OK, Dad," conceded Rob. At that point, however, the father-son duo noticed a pair of Pokémon coming their way. One was a strange, mustachioed Golem with some sort of launching appendage jutting out of its shell, while the other was an energetic Larvitar.

"Hello, there," the Charizard greeted them. "I am Charlie, and this is my son Rob. Who might you be?"

"Hi," Rob added, eyeing the evidently energetic Larvitar curiously.

~~~~~

"Hey, you!"

Eelektross's voice rang out across the lake, and if the approaching Nidoqueen couldn't tell at whom this was directed, Eelektross himself came barreling forward to remove all doubt. "You, there! Wanna battle?" Eelektross half-asked, half-demanded. Screw the fact that Nidoqueen were part-Ground, so what if his Electric moves were useless? So were her Ground moves!

"That's enough, Eelektross," came a soft yet stern voice. Eelektross turned to look, and his heart sank as he saw Lapras approaching.

"Aw, come on, I was just-" began Eelektross.

"-just pestering a complete stranger for a battle. Again," interrupted Lapras.

"Eeeeerrrrgh," grumbled Eelektross, but he did not argue the point, and hovered away over the lake.

Lapras swam closer to the shore. "My apologies," she said to the Nidoqueen. "Eelektross comes across as rude sometimes with his enthusiasm for battle. He makes things... interesting, for the rest of the team as well as our Trainer. I am Lapras, by the way," she added, with a polite bow of her head. "Who might you be?"

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-10-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:39 AM   #32
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Sicily's Combeeline towards the picnic was noticed by the group as the woman procured her dex and recorded the Litten's entry into it, as Keith then noticed and greeted Alex. Now he was a bit closer he could identify the other pokemon around them, the airborne ones being a Yanmega and what appeared to be a green Spritzee with a bit of a malefic odour around it, something that didn't bother Alex too much. No, his sense of smell hadn't been the best since that Phantom Isle trip. Meanwhile there was a Grimer, definitely an alolan variant judging by the colour scheme and lack of distinctive stench. The Ralts gave an equally timid wave, visibly trembling in his arms.

"It's okay, Leppa, they're fine," Alex reassured the psychic pokemon, using the pet name rather than the full one, before turning his attention towards Keith. "It's been quite a while since that mess on Stargazer Island with Stewie. Good to see you too, same with you, Meowth. I see Sicily's came upon you," he added, beckoning the feline towards him to which the Litten responded by ignoring him and wandering to the woman, rubbing her head against her leg seemingly in search of petting with a small prrp.

The lady's thoughtful look at Alex didn't go unnoticed. "Right, you must be that Willa Lapis was on about...I've been a bit busy packing things up at the Spire, as it's no longer safe to reside in. Apparently digging tunnels in soft sand beneath a small mountain wasn't the best plan and it's started to tilt. Doubtless you'll have met them running some errands, I wasn't the best pleased to hear they had met the pair of you and evolved Caritas and Napier," he frowned.

---

Over by the pair of lizards, the Golem and Larvitar approached the Charizard and Salandit, the latter seemingly being trained by the former, and as the two came nearer the draconic pokemon introduced themselves as Charlie and the Salandit was his son, Rob.

"Ah, good to meet you both. My name is Caritas, and this is Attila," the Golem responded, while Attila gave her a somewhat stern look. "Oh, sorry, Queen Attila. She's very finicky when it comes to titles..."

"It is not finicky, it's lineage," the Larvitar growled, seemingly irked at the slight air of sarcasm Caritas used, "but we'll overlook that for now. Remind me why we're here again?"

Caritas's cheery demeanour seemed to slump a little as she said the next sentence. "Because we're too freaking heavy to work and Alex was worried we might topple the tower. Also because he felt we needed the exercise, the cheeky meatbag."

"I see. I'll have to give him a slap after this for the comment. However, I am a bit curious on what the pair of you were up to..." Attila responded, addressing Charlie and Rob before the Golem lumbered forth to take a closer look at the Salandit, curious on the pokemon's appearance.

---

Tori was grateful to get some fresh air, and was out to enjoy the parks when an Eelektross crudely charged towards her, barking some sort of challenge of battle to the pokemon. However, before she could respond another voice gave it a proper telling off, as a Lapras lectured the electric eel, sending it sulking away and introducing herself as...Lapras.

"Oh, that's quite alright, Lapras. I am Tori, and my trainer and daughter are over there," she calmly replied, pointing her claw in the direction of the picnic. "I understand some pokemon are all about battling, though to me it is more of a last resort. I prefer looking after the youngsters on the team, though as a parent if something would threaten my child I would not hesitate to snap that danger in two. I apologise if that sounded a little violent, I've still not quite completely recovered from my visit to the cloud garden."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:43 AM   #33
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Ralts's timidity was not lost on Ricin. The Alolan Grimer looked down shamefully, worried he might be scaring the Psychic/Fairy-type. Miasma, however, softly reassured the toothy Alola Form, before taking flight, the Garbage Queen drawing level to the Ralts in Alex's arms. "Hello," the Spritzee cawed gently. "My name is Miasma, and that's my friend Ricin down there. What's your name?"

Keith looked momentarily confused as Alex implied that he had not yet met Willa, even though this conflicted with what he knew. Or rather, what he thought he'd known- at the mention of Lapis, he started to understand.

"...I gather, then, that this Lapis is a Pokémon of yours able to replicate your appearance?" Willa inquired.

"Lapis is Alex's Dusknoir," Keith stated. "And is evidently extremely skilled with illusions, for that matter," he added. "Had me fooled completely." As he spoke, Sicily the Litten rubbed up against Willa's leg, at which point the aspiring Ace Trainer gave a small smile and started petting her. Meanwhile, Alex revealed that his Secret Base was no longer suitable for living in, that he'd been busy packing things up. "Oh, geez, that's horrible," Keith frowned. "You got somewhere to go, Alex? I got a guest bedroom in my new place if you need it," he offered.

"Lapis had me fooled as well," Willa said to Alex as she continue to pet the Litten. "I apologize for playing a role in evolving your Seadra and Graveler against your wishes," she added.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that as well," Keith added sheepishly. "I mean, if they were ready to evolve, that's all fine and good, but I definitely understand wanting to be present to watch one's Pokémon evolve. I remember the night Dennis evolved into Ivysaur, in fact," he remarked. "But yeah- it's definitely been a while since that big battle against Stewie," he added, acknowledging what else Alex had said. "Fortunately, things have gotten decidedly better for us after that. Got a new place- Salt Wave Coast is now Sludge Wave Coast," he grinned. "And you're welcome to come and see it whenever you like. And Stewie's purified now, and he's been hell-bent on making amends for what he used to be. On that note, uh... how exactly is your hand doing?" he added, recalling the rather grisly scene that had unfolded seemingly out of nowhere involving Alex and his Shadow Zangoose.

~~~~~

The pair of Rock-types introduced themselves to the pair of Fire-types. The Golem, Caritas, seemed quite pleasant to talk to, while the Larvitar, Attila- or rather, Queen Attila- was decidedly less pleasant. Evidently they were too heavy to be doing work in some sort of tower, with Alex being concerned that their presence might cause it to topple. Following this, Attila expressed curiosity as to what Charlie and Rob were up to, with Caritas lumbering forward to get a better look at the Salandit.

"I was just helping my boy train," Charlie stated. "Rob's been working hard to try and learn his first Fire move, haven't you, son?"

"Yeah," grinned the Salandit. "Dad's already helped me learn one of his moves, too, and now he's trying to help me learn Ember! I don't care that I can't evolve, I'm still gonna be as strong as Dad someday!" The Charizard beamed with fatherly pride at his son's obvious burning ambition.

~~~~~

Lapras gave a nod as Tori introduced herself and expressed a distaste for battling as anything other than a last resort. "I myself prefer to not fight should a battle not be necessary," she stated. "Though if my Trainer does require my help, I shall not hesitate to provide it." She seemed unfazed by the surprisingly violent statement Tori made in reference to how she'd handle anything to threaten her child, though looked a bit concerned as Tori mentioned an ordeal she'd apparently undergone in the Cloud Garden, one from which she'd yet to completely recover. "Indeed?" Lapras murmured in concern. "If you don't mind my asking, what happened?" she inquired. "By all means you don't have to answer if you'd rather not," she added courteously.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:27 PM   #34
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

The Grimer's slightly shameful appearance wasn't lost on the Ralts, but it was the somewhat smelly Spritzee who appeared to reassure them before fluttering to the timid psychic pokemon, introducing herself as Miasma and the alolan pokemon as Ricin, before asking him of his name. While quiet, the psychic pokemon's adept skills of telepathy meant that trouble with verbal communication was mostly avoided as the small pokemon's voice entered Miasma's mind.

"Asclepius...that's my name..."

As Sicily received the petting, she began to purr and flopped down onto Willa's lap, as young felines are wont to do, while Alex listened to Keith's offer. "Thanks, but that's probably not the best choice, given that would mean taking my team in, and, well..." he trailed, the implication being fairly clear what would happen if a Zangoose was loose in a domain inhabited by a Seviper. As the pair apologised for the evolution, he shrugged.

"It's fine. Napier's been pretty antsy about evolving and is over the moon at being a proper dragon now, while Caritas feels more comfy being in a familiar form once more." The conversation then turned to Keith's new abode, Sludge Wave Coast, and Stewie's purification, which in turn led to the Donphan in the room: his hand.

"Right, that. While I don't really recall much after the whole mess - losing a hand kinda robs one of one's consciousness quickly - I got filled in a bit by a couple of the team. Your Stunfisk pretty much stabilized the wound and stopped me dying again, after which Gol hauled me back to base." He paused for a second, recollecting his thoughts. "There wasn't much saving the hand though, nothing but bone, but thankfully I knew some experts in tech who owed me a favour, and they made this fancy thing," he said before raising the hand in question, ebony gauntlet embedded with a key stone in the palm and vibrant green Z-Crystal on the back. Alex then carefully, manoeuvring around the Ralts, gave the gauntlet a few twists, a click emanating from it, before lifting it free of his arm, revealing a metallic cap over the end of his arm.

"This thing cost about as much as a Master Ball for the guys to make," he grinned while reattaching the limb.

---

Taking a closer look at the small lizard, Caritas nodded as Charlie explained he was teaching the Salandit to try and learn his first fire move, to which Attila nodded sagely. "A fine moment learning a new technique is, and finer when you perfect it. Of course, one must ensure the body is strong enough to withstand newfound power."

The inability to evolve not hindering the male pokemon gave the Golem reason to smile. "Ah yes, evolution can be a great thing usually, but sometimes a bit of a curse. I used to have four reasonable arms, and now I've only got these pudgy little nubs," she crooned, wiggling her small arms, "but you work with what you have. We have an Aipom who refuses to evolve, and she's perfectly skilled. I'm sure you'll be able to do your dad proud."

While this was going on, Attila looked up at the Charizard, seemingly sizing him up. "Hm...Charlie, was it? I believe the best way for your son to learn is to see skills in action. Perhaps you would be honoured to spar with me?" Caritas seemingly rolled her eyes, knowing fully well what was going to go down, yet simply took a couple of steps back. If the Charizard did take the smaller one up on the offer, she felt they'd be surprised at what power the pintsized pokemon packed.

---

The lack of distress on the Lapras was calming to Tori, and the Transport pokemon's curiosity regarding her Cloud Garden tribulations certainly had her concerned, but the Nidoqueen wasn't against the thought. "No, no, I don't mind at all. Much of it is secondary from what I heard."

"Back when I was a Nidorina, my trainer and his pokemon had ventured into the rose garden, when we detected a rather enticing aroma that was coming from a group of pokemon. In the centre of it all was a Parasect, which seemed to be enticing some Roselia to consume its mushrooms...
" Tori's gentle smile faltered as she took a brief pause. "Whether it was the effect of the aromatherapy putting me into a bit of a trance or being a little peckish, I had taken a bite of the mushroom, yet it hadn't taken effect yet. Together, myself and my then Sandshrew friend fought the Parasect, but during the fight I succumbed to the effects of the mushroom, and entered some sort of dormant trance."

"From what I was told afterwards, my trainer was approached after Glasspine - the Sandshrew - had trapped the pokemon in a rock tomb, by one of the garden tenders, who helped him bring me and Roselia who were affected to a ranger who could make an antidote for me. Time was of the essence, for the mushroom's effect would have left me effectively a mummy at sunset, and thus my trainer and Glasspine went off in search of the Parasect. After a while, they were directed to a small cave where the pokemon was recovering, and through some work were able to obtain something to make the remedy with. During this, one of our other allies, a Ferroseed by the name of Pridwen, had been a bit down due to not being able to move around much, but realised what they needed to escape was a blockade to evade the Parasect's army of Paras, evolving into a Ferrothorn to assist. Since then I've mostly recovered, but I do feel a little funny when around anything with a fragrant aroma..." she finished.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #35
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Ralts responded to the Spritzee telepathically, giving his name as Asclepius. "A pleasure to meet you, Asclepius," Miasma responded. "Ricin would be happy to meet you as well. Sadly, he... seems convinced he might be scaring you or something. It's not uncommon for him to think such things- he's all too used to his kind being disliked by others," the Spritzee lamented. "He's not scaring you, I hope?" she added.

Willa gave a small chuckle, continuing to smile as she kept petting the Litten, while Alex declined Keith's offer. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate it, the issue was more of a practical nature. Namely, this would entail taking in Alex's team. The entirety of Alex's team. And Keith knew exactly what the problem would be with that. "Ah. Yeah, that's a good point," Keith nodded sheepishly. "Marvolo and Totsuka would probably rip each other apart.

On a lighter note, Alex was overall fine with the double evolution, with both the Golem and Kingdra being pleased with their new forms. However, the conversation couldn't stay away from this forever- sooner or later the subject had to turn to Alex's hand. Keith still couldn't help but feel a bit guilty over that, even if the culprit was Totsuka- the fact that it had been his Ledian they were fighting at the time, as far as Keith was concerned, still put some of this on him. Alex explained that he'd lost consciousness fairly quickly, but had been filled in on some of the more pertinent details by his team. He knew that Rubeus's healing techniques had effectively saved his life, though all that remained of the hand was bone, so there was no saving it. That said, he was able to call in a favor, and he showed Keith the undeniably cool prosthetic that not only had a Key Stone set into it but also seemed to double as a Z-Ring. "OK, wow, that's pretty cool," Keith grinned.

"Indeed," Willa agreed, having been paying attention to the conversation while petting Sicily.

At that moment, something brown and green shot out of the trees. And as it drew closer, Keith and Willa's mouths fell open- it was an unfamiliar Dartrix, with a decidedly familiar Budew riding on her back. "Willa, is that-" began Keith.

"Rowlet?" breathed Willa. "Did you...?"

"Dartriiiiiix!" trilled Dartrix proudly, flying low to let Artemis hop off, before landing before her Trainer. Willa's smile grew, and with her free hand, she produced her Pokédex.

"Dartrix, the Blade Quill Pokémon. A Grass and Flying-type, and the evolved form of Rowlet," droned the device. "Dartrix throws sharp feathers called blade quills at its enemies with grim precision. Supremely sensitive to the presence of others, it can detect opponents standing behind it, and is quick to lash out at them with a volley of blade quills."

"So, yeah, Alex, this is Willa's Dartrix, which was a Rowlet when we got here," Keith chuckled. "And this here is Artemis- I don't recall if you ever met my Carnivine or my Roserade? Well, this is their daughter," he explained.

"Budbudew dew!" squeaked Artemis. Using her stubby buds to handle the bow she was wielding as best she could, she proceeded to shoot a volley of Spikes into a nearby tree, looking pleased with herself at how close together all the Spikes landed, even moreso when Dartrix gave an impressed hoot in response to it.

~~~~~

"Ooh," murmured Rob as Caritas explained that evolution cost her two of the four arms she possessed as a Graveler. The Salandit smiled as Caritas went on to explain that one of her teammates was an Aipom dead set against evolution. "Oh, I got teammates that refuse to evolve, too," he replied. "Meowth, a Weedle, a Kakuna, an Ivysaur, a Pawniard, a Timburr, an Eevee, even the Spritzee we came here with, and none of them are weak!"

Meanwhile, Attila boldly suggested a sparring match with Charlie. While the notion of a young, unevolved Pokémon taking on a full-grown Charizard seemed like it'd make for a very one-sided battle, Charlie wasn't treating it like that in the slightest. First off, Attila was a Rock-type, which right there gave her a massive type advantage. Second, as Rob was saying to Caritas, they did indeed have a number of teammates who, for various reasons, refused to evolve, and none of them were weaklings in the slightest. Being on Keith's team had taught Charlie beyond any shadow of a doubt that evolutionary stage was no surefire indicator of strength, or lack thereof. Moreover, not only was Attila making this challenge with such abundant confidence, but something about her made the Charizard rather inclined to believe that said confidence wasn't misplaced. And to top it all off, she was absolutely right- watching such a battle unfold would surely be valuable experience for Rob. "I accept, then," Charlie nodded with a respectful nod. With Caritas already having stepped back to allow space for the fight to unfold, and Rob following suit eagerly, the Charizard made the first move, spreading his wings wide and giving a great flap of them to send a scorching Heat Wave Attila's way! A powerful and blazing hot gale-force wind, and already Rob was in awe to see his dad unleashing such a potent technique.

~~~~~

Tori was quite fine recounting the experience, even if it wasn't the most pleasant one. A Parasect had enticed her to take a bite of its mushroom, which ended up putting her in some sort of dormant trance. Her Trainer had to then race against the clock to procure whatever was necessary to make the antidote, which resulted in his Ferroseed evolving into Ferrothorn. Obviously, Tori got out of the ordeal alright, though to this day seemed to still feel a bit funny in response to fragrant aromas. "That doesn't sound fun, though at least you've made it through that ordeal," replied Lapras. "I cant say as I've had so terrifying an ordeal myself, though when I first met the woman who would soon catch me, I was being targeted by a Pokémon poacher. Willa, however, was quick to act- her Rowlet, along with her boyfriend's Qwilfish, worked together to free me from the electrified net I had been trapped in. And the poacher had the audacity to defend what he was doing on the grounds that I was a wild Pokémon and therefore fair game. And I read Willa's mind- she was considering catching me simply to take that excuse away from him. And I was alright with not only that, but also with the notion of becoming one of her Pokémon," smiled Lapras. "I've not regretted it yet."
Old 08-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #36
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Miasma's motion towards Ricin's concerns towards the Ralts were met with Asclepius looking away a little shyly, gripping Alex a little tighter and emitting a small hum. "Hm? Ah, one sec..." he said, carefully placing the psychic pokemon on the ground before retrieving a ball from belt and revealing the occupant, two jawlike horns protruding from the Mawile as they stretched and the sight of the small pokemon was pretty much everything the Deceiver needed to know. Walking over to him, the pokemon held out a hand as the Ralts clung onto it and the pair approached, fanged pokemon trying not to look too intimidating.

"Bel, fiend of fallen stars, or so my enemies say. I'm Asclepius's saviour, have been working on helping him overcome his fears."

Before he could explain the Mawile and Ralts to Keith, the group was surprised by the arrival of Willa's newly evolved Dartrix and Keith's Budew, the latter demonstrating her marksmonship with a spike burst into a nearby tree. "Hm, impressive. Gonna be a bit honest, a little envious," he nodded. "Rowlet's been a pokemon I've wanted to train, to go along with my Swampert and Infernape, giving us a classic starter core. Sicily there seems fairly content on sticking where she is though, and since you mentioned Artemis,, should mention that said Litten there's one of my Nidoqueen's two daughters."

Looking at the Mawile, he then sank down a little. "Bel there's not one of my pokemon I captured, but rather one who was previously owned by someone I knew who's difficult to pinpoint on most radars. The Ralts too was one of their captures, and Asclepius hasn't the sunniest story, being honest. He was one of a bunch who were being farmed by some crook, using some Arbok to torture them into crying to make some illicit moonshine. Well, until Bel came down and ruined the entire shindig with one of his allies. Since then the little guy hasn't been the easiest to get through to and everyone knows he's seen some terrible things. Hell, even Totsuka has vowed to score his name from her prank list, and you know what she's like."

---

With a respectful nod, Charlie accepted the Larvitar's challenge, with space being quickly cleared out, and with his natural speed the Charizard was first off the deck, flapping his impressive wings in a mighty heat wave! Attila stood stalwart, the searing wind blowing against her rocky hide, and gritting her teeth, she indeed felt the sting, yet this was only the start. Raising her foot, she stomped into the ground, a number of rocks jutting out and taking to the air, hovering around her and Charlie to prevent any stealthy use of flight. Taking cue of the fire pokemon's position, she then rushed forth ready to chip away at the lizard pokemon's form with her horn.

Watching, Caritas gave a stroke of her ferrous chin. "Stealth rock to keep him grounded, and utilising her physical might in close quarters, interesting..." Turning her head to Rob, she gave another inquisitive look over the Salandit. "If you don't mind me asking, what moves do you currently know? If you're looking to learn, it's usually good to start with tweaking the ones you do know."

---

The Lapras' own tale regarding her encounter with Willa was as fraught with peril as Tori's, and the Nidoqueen gave a sad shake of the head at the poacher's apparent defence. "Heavens. I've only heard rumours of what greedy humans do with Lapras, and it's a good thing indeed that kindhearted people were there to help you. And what a poor excuse to use as well: wild or not, pokemon like you are protected and the law will come down hard on him for his actions."

Tori paused in thought for a few seconds, before speaking once more, something on her mind. "What of that rather upfront Eelektross? They seemed rather eager to battle, a bit too eager, and it does worry me a little."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #37
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Asclepius only looked even more shy in the face of Miasma's questioning, almost fearful even. It tore at Ricin's sludgy heart- those who knew Ricin and knew him well were aware that he wouldn't harm a Cutiefly. At this, Alex set the Ralts down on the ground, and sent out a Mawile, the presence of which appeared to be a comfort to Asclepius. With the Ralts taking his hand, the pair of Fairy-types drew closer, with the Mawile introducing himself as Bel, explaining that he was helping Asclepius to overcome his fears.

"A pleasure, Bel," the Spritzee responded with a respectful bow. "Miasma, the Garbage Queen of Grandio City," she introduced herself, the utterance of her old title bringing back fond memories of the various wild Poison-types who appointed her their queen.

In the meantime, Dartrix and Artemis had returned, upon which Alex admitted his jealousy, stating a desire to own and train a Rowlet of his own, drawn in by the promise of a classic starter core. Keith nodded his understanding of this. "Yeah, I can't argue with that," he stated. "I myself actually have a Venusaur, a Charizard, and a Blastoise. Matter of fact, my Charizard's around here somewhere, helping his son train- Rob, my Salandit."

Willa nodded, continuing to pet Sicily as the Litten's disinterest in evolution was brought up. "Dartrix is intent on fully evolving," she spoke up. "Though I can understand being content as you are as well," she added, seeming to be speaking more to the Litten at this point. "Many of my boyfriend's Pokémon aren't looking to evolve, either."

The subject then turned back to the Mawile he'd sent out. Bel, as it turns out, was not caught by him, but rather previously owned by a quite mysterious acquaintance of Alex's. And Asclepius had quite the sad story- tortured by an Arbok so his tears could be harvested for the production of illegal moonshine. Bel had played a large role in saving him, and evidently he was quite hard to get through to. It truly said something that even Totsuka drew the line at screwing with him. Keith's mouth fell open, the Ralts's story rendering him speechless. Willa, with her free hand, took hold of Keith's hand, and she too looked quite incensed by what she'd just heard.

Miasma and Ricin had heard as well, and neither of them liked what they heard. Sludgy tears leaked from the Alolan Grimer's eyes, and Miasma looked livid. "Such a detestable scumbag," she hissed. "To mistreat Pokémon in such a way... it truly is commendable of you to help your friend overcome his fears," she stated to Bel. "This here is Ricin, a friend and teammate of mine," she added, gesturing with a wing to the Alolan Grimer who still looked choked up with emotion.

"H-hello," Ricin greeted Bel politely, though he was looking at Asclepius, wondering if there was ever a way he could help the Ralts to not be scared of him. "Um... w-what that Arbok and that man did... it... it sounds horrible, I... I can't even imagine. B-but I'm not... I... I don't... I... I'm sorry f-for what you went through," he finally managed to say.

"Ricin here is one of the most kindhearted Poison-types I know," Miasma spoke up. "And I know a lot of them. I actually wouldn't be alive today were it not for Poison-types."

~~~~~

Attila stood strong in the face of the Heat Wave. This wasn't entirely unexpected, of course- as powerful as the move was, it was also a resisted blow, and the Larvitar was able to fight back. And fight back she did! Before Charlie knew it, there were numerous rocks hovering all around them, a Stealth Rock with the intent of hindering the Charizard's movement, particularly in regards to flight. Not that Charlie was about to take flight at any time soon anyway- he had no intention of backing away, but rather sought to do this fight head-on.

And then Attila came charging forward in a Chip Away attack. With a defiant roar of confidence, Charlie fixed the oncoming Larvitar with a frightening Leer, while preparing to meet her offensive strike with one of his own- a super effective one, in his case, as his Claws grew long and gleamed like Metal, ready to try and repel Attila as she got close enough.

Rob had been entranced by the power of his father's Heat Wave, pausing in his attempt to practice Ember to watch the powerful heated wind move being unleashed. "Wow!" he breathed, forgetting about the energy he was trying to store up in his mouth, the fiery power he had been attempting to build up and release in the form of an Ember. Whatever he'd managed to gather was released in that singular utterance, and to the Salandit's suprise, the blades of grass before him looked mildly singed. Rob gave an excited gasp, and frantically tried to replicate this. Tried to build up the fiery energy within his mouth, hold it in, and release it on his breath by exhaling. And it took a few tries, but by the time Caritas had turned to question the Salandit, he was able to once again exhale some decidedly hot air.

"oh- I-" began Rob once he realized Caritas was tallking to him. "Well, I- I know Scratch, Poison Gas, Sludge Wave, and Dragon Pulse," he said. "I've been trying to learn Ember for a while now, but I- I think I'm starting to learn Heat Wave instead! Look, look-" he added, before trying yet again. And what came out of his mouth, weak and piddly though it was, was unmistakably more than just simple hot air- it was the makings of a genuine Heat Wave attack. It still had a ways to go, but after seeing the same move from Charlie, there really could be no mistaking it.

~~~~~

"I certainly hope so," Lapras stated as Tori assured her that the law would come down hard on the would-be-poacher. "I don't scare very easily, but I was afraid for my life that evening..."

And then, the subject turned to Eelektross. His overabundant eagerness to battle seemed to have the Nidoqueen worried. "Ah, yes," nodded Lapras. "Eelektross has a good heart, truly, he can simply be reckless and enthusiastic sometimes. I've heard his story before- he came to the team in his current evolution state, apparently. He's told me- as a Tynamo, he had many different Trainers, all of whom gave up on him when he couldn't do well in battle. Of course, that's simply the nature of a Tynamo- they just aren't very powerful. But he wouldn't accept that. He battled wherever and whenever he could, seeking to become stronger, eventually evolving into Eelektrik. Another Trainer caught him, used him for a while, even evolved him with a Thunder Stone, but eventually had to give him up. Nobody's quite sure of the reason, not even Eelektross himself, though his past experiences have led him to believe that once again, the Trainer saw him as weak. This time, he'd been released to the Fizzytopia region's Adoption Center. And then, one day, a famous and powerful Trainer came in to adopt a Pokémon, and chose him specifically. But not for herself- she gave the Eelektross to her daughter- my Trainer- as a gift. But she had to prove herself in battle against Eelektross first, despite only having her Yanmega to work with. Eelektross tells me that he and Willa gained a great mutual respect for each other that day. She's trying on helping him to restrain himself, as am I, but it's proving difficult. He's so desperate for this one to work out that he'll take any opportunity to prove he's not weak."

Lapras sighed. "I believe that very overabundance of enthusiasm might have been his downfall with his previous Trainer, though," she continued. "It is my hope that Willa can get through to him... but I do have faith in her," she added.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-21-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #38
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Alex didn't seem too surprised to hear that Keith owned the Kanto starter core, and nodded at the fact that his Charizard was busy tutoring his son. While this happened, the Spritzee introduced herself to Bel, who gazed at her for a few seconds, seemingly analyzing the colouration.

The group's response to Asclepius's story was pretty much a given, the poison master's mouth dropping in shock, while Willa held his hand in reassurance, ire in her eyes. "Yeah, the crook was running things wholesale. From what I've been told, they had a dozen or so ralts caged up, 'milking' them frequently and supplying the stuff to some bar. The first thing Bel did was smash the next shipment, and the second was ripping the cage off the floor and crushing the guy with it, while the Arbok got its scaly ass handed to it by their Pumpkasaur ally." He paused for a second to catch his breath. "As far as reports go, the criminal's facing a couple dozen years in a cell, and all the Ralts they had have went on to find comforting homes, so it's a mostly positive ending, I guess?"

Miasma's frustrations regarding the treatment was rather blunt, while praising Bel for the support he was offering. "Thanks. To be blunt, I could probably have taken the Arbok myself, but Spriggan really deserves their share of the praise. When my old companion left, they dropped her and another off with some younger boy to keep him company." Introducing Ricin to the pair, the visibly shaken Grimer's attempts to look friendlier to the Ralts didn't go unnoticed, and as he slowly tried to piece together a sentence, the fretful psychic pokemon's own trembling appeared to have abated slightly. Moreso as the Spritzee reaffirmed Ricin's kindhearted nature, noting that not all poison types were inherently bad. Asclepius stared at the Garbage Queen briefly, before turning to Ricin for just as short a moment, before his voice spoke telepathically once more, communicating with the two of them and Bel.

"It...it's fine...what happened, happened. Before things happened...a Venonat and Foongus were my friends...when the bad man came, they fought to drive him away...but the Arbok was much too powerful and left them beaten...I don't know if they recovered or not..." he finished, looking down at his feet in contemplation.

The Mawile stood by, brow furrowed. "Hm...first I've heard of that..." he mused, opting not to press Asclepius on the matter.

---

With a roar of confidence, Charlie's response to Attila's charge was to use his draconic appearance to deliver a terrifying leer, one which seemed to take the Larvitar back only a little, yet left her open just long enough for the follow-up Metal Claw to repel at her. As much as it would sting, she was still in motion and was not the lightest pokemon, and thus the Chip Away and Metal Claw collided, Attila batted a couple of feet away but landing fairly deftly. Shaking her head, the rock pokemon had taken the strike reasonably well, yet this was only the beginning, and the plan was simple as she took a breath: Screech to leave Charlie just as debilitated, then close the short gap with a swift crunch.

The Salandit's own interest in the fight appeared to have raised his spirits enough to have another attempt, and an inadvertent flicker of hot air was a start. When he responded to Caritas, the Golem nodded. "Four moves, enough to work with." Her curiosity was piqued further when Rob excitedly demonstrated that he was learning something similar to his father, and the demonstration of said technique brought a knowing grin to the megaton pokemon's face. "Aha, that looks like the makings of a Heat Wave indeed. Perhaps a bit more wave than heat. Let me see...if you try using Poison Gas at the same time as that, you should be able to ignite the gases to provide a much more impressive bast of fire..." she suggested before taking a step back from the Salandit to give him some breathing room.

---

As Tori listened to Lapras's own tale on the Eelektross, she found herself looking in the electric eel's direction with a slightly weighted heart, the electric type's plight to prove himself capable something that reminded the Nidoqueen of older times.

"I see...one who wants to be accepted as someone, yet inwardly afraid of being rejected once more. I somehow pity him...there is more to strength than combat prowess, it takes discipline and diligence to not only improve on one's physique, but the psyche too," she replied. "Enthusiasm is good to have, but a life of battle will only lead to tragedy for him. It was how my grandfather met his end back in the wild, defending our family from an Ursaring. That was just how things were however: the old and infirm accept a valiant death so the youth may prosper."

The Nidoqueen slowly sat herself down on the grass, somewhat peaceful. "If I could inquire though, how was life in the wild for you? I could not imagine that our lives could be similar given that we occupy two different niches in nature..."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #39
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Following the general outrage in response to the story behind Asclepius, Alex told them that the perpetrator was gonna be behind bars for a very long time, and all the Ralts that had been held captive by the filthbag were now in loving homes. "Well, that's good at least," Keith sighed.

"Yes," agreed Willa. "And- excuse me, what's a Pumpkasaur?" she asked.

"Oh- I know that," Keith replied, starting to grin. "It's an extremely rare species of Pokémon that was actually discovered here in Fizzytopia. It's a close relative of the Bulbasaur family, though it can't actually evolve. And it's also a Poison-type, so I want one so badly!" he added.

"Indeed?" Willa remarked. She said nothing more on the matter, though took out one of her Ultra Balls and looked at it, deep in thought about something.

Meanwhile, Asclepius communicated telepathically with Miasma, Ricin, and Bel. As it turned out, he'd had a few Poison-type friends himself, who even tried to drive off the Arbok, but were quite unsuccessful. "Oh... I hope they recovered," murmured Ricin. "And I hope you can meet them again someday, too," he added. "I... it was me and my brothers and sisters, and we were all under the rule of this Muk, who... who hated humans, and told us we should all hate humans as well. And... well... humans never really did seem to like our kind, so... so what he said s-seemed to make sense, but... but then that girl came... we'd claimed this grove as our home, but ended up ruining how it looked with poison, when its beauty was what drew lovers to it. And then this girl and her girlfriend came because they've heard of it, but they instead found it all filthy, and then Muk tried to drive them off. But she wouldn't fight. She tried just talking, trying to convince us that not all humans would reject them. I... I think something about what Muk thought struck a nerve with her, if you ask me. Something personal. I don't know, she never clarified that... b-but then, this Phantump who lived in the neighboring forest, it came in, and Muk k-killed it, b-but it had used Destiny Bond at the last second..." Grimer shuddered. "I... it was strange... Muk's leadership was all we knew, but there was something relieving about him being gone somehow... in hindsight, I think we... I think we feared him more than we loved him. The others fled, but... something about what the girl said made me hesitate. I... more than anything, I wanted a home where I felt loved, and she had told us of a man she knew who genuinely cares for Poison-types like me. It... it sounded too good to be true, and yet... she reiterated what she said, offered to take me to him. But first, she... she actually found a way for me to help r-restore the grove," said Ricin with a small smile. "All the sludge and p-poison that was removed from the pond... she had the idea that I could eat it so they wouldn't have to dump it where it would do more harm. And... and it worked, too. I... And on top of that, she was right all along," he added, looking over at Keith with a look of respect and admiration. "M-my Trainer's a great man," he murmured. After a few seconds, he turned back to the Ralts. "O-oh, I'm sorry, I... I didn't mean to make this about me," he murmured sheepishly. "I just... it's just... I wonder how my brothers and sisters are doing..."

~~~~~

Metal Claw had collided with Chip Away, sending Attila flying, but not far, and she landed fairly well. She let loose an earsplitting Screech to do pretty much the same as what Leer did, and then went in for a Crunch right away, closing the gap and getting a mouthful of Charizard forearm... on fire?! Indeed, Charlie's tail Flame had spread to the rest of his body, and the Charizard Charged to meet Attila head-on. The gap wasn't big, so little momentum was built up before they collided, but that was fine- the idea was more about the Speed increase the move would incur, as well as intercepting whatever Attila was trying in order to close the gap. The Crunch still hurt, of course, but Charlie wasn't about to let that get the best of him. With a mighty roar, the flames dissipated (except for what burned on the tip of his tail, naturally), and the Charizard turned his head to give Attila a very close-up, very detailed, and very, very clear view of his very, very, very Scary Face. And if Attila hadn't yet let go of Charlie's arm, the Charizard was prepared to Swing her around in a fairly Brutal fashion to encourage said letting go.

Rob's eyes lit up as Caritas suggested adding Poison Gas to the mix to encourage ignition. "Oooh, that's a great idea!" he said. "Thanks, miss Caritas, I'll try that!" he grinned. As the Alolan Golem backed away, Rob took a deep breath. Charged up as much Fire energy as he could, and tried to get a Poison Gas going as well, bearing in mind how he just exhaled it all out last time. He focused... and exhaled! And to his astonishment, what came out looked much more like a Heat Wave than his last attempt! "Oh! I think that did it!" he exclaimed triumphantly, and excitedly, he tried again... but this time he merely let loose some Poison Gas. Undeterred, the Salandit continued trying, sometimes getting it right, sometimes screwing it up spectacularly, but as he watched his father battle, he was determined to master what he was sure was his newest move.

~~~~~

Lapras listened as Tori talked of her grandfather, perishing in the attempt to defend their family from an Ursaring. "Well, we try to help him see there's more to life than battle," Lapras stated. "Our Trainer does love battling, though even she, an Ace Trainer, has other interests as well. I am certain we can get through to Eelektross sooner or later," she expressed her confidence.

The subject soon turned to Lapras, however, and how her life in the wild was. "Ah, well, it was quite peaceful, mostly," Lapras responded. "I was the leader of my school for many years, and there wasn't much trouble I couldn't settle," she said with a modest smile. "We parted several days before I met Willa. You see, much as I liked my duties, some of my school had gone off to join Trainers, and I confess I found myself interested in such a life instead. So one day, one of the others proposed that she lead the school instead, leaving me free to pursue my dream. It was something I had to seriously contemplate, as I wasn't keen on abandoning those I'd come to know as family, but ultimately I appointed her my successor, and departed the school. Then, one night, I found a pair of Trainers walking along a beach, and, well, the rest is history," she concluded.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #40
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Keith was surprisingly quick to explain to his girlfriend what a Pumpkasaur was, saving Alex any further humility in trying to explain himself how some Bulbasaurs have pumpkins on their backs, and as Willa responded to the explanation by looking at one of her balls in thought, the trainer felt it best to leave her be for a moment. It was at that point that Alex looked at the pair, and the natural curiosity that befell these sorts of people happened upon him.

"So, uh, how'd the two of you meet anyways?"

As Ricin commented on Asclepius' past, the Grimer appeared to use it to explain his own past, living under a Muk who quickly became apparent to Bel was a bit of a sociopath, and the day that things changed for him after the arrival of a mysterious girl. As the poison pokemon talked, the Ralts could tell the Grimer seemed a little more confident in himself, stammering a bit less, and through veiled eyes the murky aura around him seemed to slowly dissipate, the kind nature of the pokemon revealing itself to the psychic type more and more.

Bel meanwhile frowned. "Bully," he grunted abruptly, causing the Ralts to jump a little. "I've seen the sort of men and 'mon like Muk frequently. They use their size and apparent 'experience' to take charge of others below them in the pecking order. They preach their own warped views as gospel to those they consider their underlings, trying to paint them in their own ideologies. Anyone who they deem a danger to their authority, they force out or crush mercilessly. And yet, deep down inside, behind that nasty, toxic attitude...is a snivelling, self-serving coward, out only for themselves, hiding their paper thin wussiness behind a curtain of machisimo and their brainwashed minions." The Mawile spat idly to his side, before continuing. "The fact you feared such a craven beast meant that you were held back from your own life, forced into his twisted doctrine, unable to see properly for yourself that humans aren't all black and white. Plenty of them are, but for the most part they're all grey. You're better off not dwelling on anything that thing told you and making your own judgment call. You were taught under false pretences that your ilk were nought but destruction, but what the big guy fails to mention is that plenty of Grimer like you work alongside humans in solving waste issues, due to your ability to consume said waste for sustenance. And as you experienced yourself, being seen as 'toxic' means nothing when you use those so-called toxic traits for good, like cleaning up the grove. Me, I've seen plenty like Muk using their own influence to their own gain...and the biggest examples of that by far were the old elite."

Asclepius was silent, having been startled slightly by Bel's diatribe, but plucked up some courage to audibly speak up, voice a little hoarse, to the Spritzee. "Uh...um...how did poison pokemon...help you...?" he croaked, the side effects of his abuse cropping up in the gravelliness of the voice.

---

The outbound Crunch was met with the Charizard's Flame Charge, and while the Larvitar's natural rocky hide meant the scorching heat did little to her, the pseudo dragon's proximity and heightened speed meant that Attila was in close enough distance to be unable to avoid visual contact with Charlie's menacing grimace, and while she didn't release her maw from his arm completely she was certainly unnerved enough that the crunch had effectively downgraded to a bite. And soon enough, the rock pokemon was sent hurtling around as the fire type began to swing her around brutally, slamming her into the earth repeatedly, and after one swing the pokemon was dislodged and sent flying, but she was more than ready for the landing. Upon impacting into the ground, the smaller pokemon dug her horn into the soil and dredged up a rock about the same size as her, before throwing it at the Charizard with surprising force. This was mostly a bit of a fake out, to try and get him to evade it, at which point she was preparing her actual offensive: wherever he moved towards, her leg was ready to stomp and launch a stone edge at the fire and flying type, finally opting to capitalise on the Charizard's type weakness. She felt fairly energized from the fight, Charlie was indeed a force to be reckoned with, and while oblivious to it, onlookers would notice a bit of a glow surrounding the Larvitar, the ground beneath her appearing to be creeping up her in the same glow...

Rob's own practices aside, Caritas watched avidly as the Salandit's next attempt at a Heat Wave indeed provided a much more impressive venture, not as mighty as his father's but the makings of a proper technique regardless. "Ah! That's more like it!" she cheered, pumping a stubby arm into the air. The excited fire pokemon's next set of attempts had varying degrees of success, sometimes merely releasing a poison gas, sometimes the makings of a proper heat wave, yet the Golem could see the fire in his eyes, even as the battle between Charlie and Attila raged. And as the latter landed from the Brutal Swing, Caritas could tell the Larvitar, despite her appearances, was beginning to enjoy the fight. Indeed, when the pokemon began to glow as she threw the rock towards Charlie, the fully evolved one knew what was coming up, and she bided her time, at least until Charlie responded to the incoming assault, and to the fact that he wouldn't be battling a Larvitar in the next few seconds. "Oho...it seems someone's about to experience life without legs..." she grimly chuckled, watching and waiting until the aftermath of this collision, at which point she would declare an end to the fight before someone actually got seriously hurt. Caritas certainly knew when to call it quits on a fight before things got too heated, and had paid for pushing herself beyond her limits dearly.

---

The Lapras's past was as Tori had envisioned, in fact a lot more peaceful, with her having led a school of Lapras peacefully, yet yearning to experience life with a trainer, choosing a successor and leaving her family, yet ultimately finding herself a diligent trainer. The Nidoqueen nodded peacefully. "A gentle life, pleasant on the seas. I could certainly say my past was more hectic, watching the young males squabble among themselves for females like me often amused me, though the winter months could be rough, trying to procure enough food to survive. Such is nature though, balanced in its bounty as it is in its cruelty."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #41
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Following the brief discussion on Pumpkasaur, Willa had put back the Ultra Ball she had been looking at, and at Alex's question, did not immediately react. Keith looked at Willa immediately after this question. "What do you think?" he asked.

Willa did not reply right away, but moments later, nodded. "You trust him. That's sufficient for me," she said simply.

Keith nodded back, then turned to Alex. "Alright, well, it all started with this new organization that's sprung up in recent months- Team Turnback," he stated. "Their goal is to bring the old Elite Four back into power. Exactly why they'd actually want that is unclear, but they're more than willing to twist the facts however they need to in order to gain followers. And in my first encounter with them, well, two of their members who tangled with me evidently didn't come back. I actually didn't do anything to them, either, but Miasma, on the other hand," he added, glancing over at his Spritzee. "Well, she commanded a few Poison-types to give chase, and I don't think she was willing to let what they did go unpunished. Either way, Team Turnback marked me as an enemy, so they threw together this fake battle tournament to lure me in-"

"-specifically involving unevolved Pokémon so as to minimize his chances against them," Willa chimed in. "I... was under their employ at the time," she added shamefully. "One of their recruiters saw me and my Yanmega win a battle, and he convinced me to join their cause. In the days before this trap was set, there was much commotion about a Poison-type master who was taking a stance against Team Turnback, about stopping him. I thought little of it, and when he was brought in, I was one of the grunts present. I was tasked with restraining him with Yanmega, and incapacitating his Pokémon with Eelektross, but then one of my... ugh... colleagues at the time, he sent out a Fearow-"

"-with the intention of running me through with Drill Peck," Keith finished. "Willa was horrified, but in the moment couldn't decide what to do. Which, for the record, I do not blame her for," he added, eliciting a small, grateful smile from Willa, who otherwise seemed sickened at these memories. "My Paras, however, sprang into action, jumping up and blasting the Fearow with Stun Spore. However, the Drill Peck still landed, and... well, now here's the part we all still can't figure out," he added, with nobody present there aware of a knowing smirk and good-natured chuckle from somewhere on the other side of the fourth wall. "Somehow, she not only survived, she even evolved into Parasect then and there. And then the fight really began."

"At that point, I had chosen a side," Willa stated. "I whispered orders to Yanmega and Eelektross to pretend to help the others, while in reality interfering with the other grunts' Pokémon, and above all, to not harm Keith," Willa stated. "Finally, I had Yanmega provide some cover with Double Team, and whispered to Keith, urging him to leave. He did, and for some time I had to put up a facade of disappointment at his escape. But secretly I was happy he'd gotten away. This had opened my eyes to the sort of organization Team Turnback truly was. So... I fled. I discarded my Team Turnback uniform in disgust. And when I was certain I would not be followed, I made my way to Keith's house. I remembered where it was, as Team Turnback had to know where to send the invitation in the first place. I had to know that he made it back alright."

"Once we'd established that I had, and that she was done with Team Turnback, and that there were no hard feelings, I invited her to stay the night," Keith continued. "It was raining pretty heavily that night, and Willa herself admitted she'd nowhere to go."

"And it wasn't just the one night," Willa stated. "Much as I didn't want to impose, I found his hospitality and kindness to be very refreshing. I... I ended up accepting every time he suggested I stay another night. About a week later, however, Team Turnback came to storm the place, and found me there as well. We fought them off together-"

"-and she was awesome,," Keith grinned. "Just before this, I had taught her how to use my Icium Z, since Team Turnback had supplied her with a Z-Power Ring, but no Z-Crystals. And she finished off Team Turnback's Pokémon with easily the best Subzero Slammer I'd ever seen in my life. Not only that, but the way she scared off the grunts afterwards..." he trailed off, admiration in his voice. "After that display, even Ginny trusted her completely, and if you've ever met that Pawniard of mine, you know that's a big deal. And then, a week after that, Willa came to me, expressing concern that she'd been overstaying her welcome. I wanted to reassure her that this was seriously not the case. We sat down, talked things out over a cup of tea, started really talking about each other, and next thing we knew..."

"...we had kissed," Willa finished with a smile. "There was a... minor misunderstanding that ensued afterwards, but we talked that out as well. And... we've been together ever since," she concluded.

Keith put an arm around Willa at this point. "We've been very happy," he smiled.

~~~~~

Bel's distasteful tirade got Ricin nodding in agreement. "I...I'm t-trying my best to- to forget what M-Muk had me b-believe... B-but it's easier these days th-than it used to be," was his initial response. "Th-the old elite, though... I- I've heard Keith mention them, b-but he never has anything n-nice to say about them. He-he's said they're why he d-doesn't have certain Pokémon anymore," he said sadly.

Miasma, meanwhile, addressed the Ralts's gravelly inquiry. "...I used to belong to a snob of a human," she stated. "Very wealthy, looked down on anything filthy. It was all I knew, and so I grew to have similar views. However, one day, she abandoned me. I'd... prefer to not go into why," she murmured, ruffling her feathers a bit. "But I was left in the littered wasteland that Grandio City had become, too weak from hunger to fly away, still too haughty to eat anything off the ground. I passed out, and when I came to, a Grimer was offering me food. I refused, and quite rudely, I'm sorry to say. But when it became clear to me that this was literally life or death, I relented. I... I'm ashamed to say it took me a long time to decide I wouldn't actually rather die than eat food that a Grimer was offering me. And it wasn't just the Grimer, either. He and his family took me in, fed me, helped me recover. The Koffing inhaled the more poisonous gases around me to try and spare me from them. The Trubbish talked to me, tried to cheer me up. I... I wasn't sure what to make of it for the longest time," she admitted. "This went against everything I thought I knew of Poison-types- of the world, really. I was being cared for, shown kindness the likes of which I'd never known before. I... eventually, I recovered, regained my strength. And then some, actually- recovering in the company of these Poison-types, eating the dirty food that was all they could provide, it helped me to build up a tolerance to such things. I grew accustomed to the smells, to the less-than-sanitary conditions, to the food. Not just a tolerance, either- I came to like it all. As you can see, it also had an effect on the appearance of my feathers, as well as my smell, though that's to be expected- we Spritzee emit aromas that vary based on what we eat. And soon, one of the Trubbish came under attack from a wild Mandibuzz. I flew in, engaged the Mandibuzz in battle, repulsed it with a foul-smelling Fairy Wind. That was when I realized how much I'd come to care for them. And then they named me their queen, and I watched over and protected them, until that fateful day," she said, with a glance in Keith's direction. "I had come to distrust humans ever since my old Trainer abandoned me, and so when he entered the city, I sought to force him out. But once he learned of my role in that community, he was respectful, apologetic for intruding. I was still distrustful, up until members of that insidious Team Turnback came in, seeking to drive out all the Poison-types and clean up all the garbage off the streets we called home. And Keith fought alongside us, sending in a Skuntank he obviously cared a great deal about, commanding her magnificently. We were able to drive them off together, and I knew I would do well under his tutelage. My only concern was what my friends would think were I to leave, but they too could see in him what I saw, and so they encouraged me to go, to gain faith in humanity just as I had gained faith in Poison-types." There was a definite smile on the Garbage Queen's face. "The Poison-types I've known, they not only saved my life, they changed it for the better. And the ones I know now, they only reinforce what my old friends have taught me."

~~~~~

Flame Charge and Scary Face proved to be fairly effective in softening the blow from Attila's Crunch, and Brutal Swing was just the thing to throw her off completely. The Larvitar was far from done here, however, and responded with a quick Rock Throw. Charlie, however, was ready for this, catching the thrown rock in gleaming Metal Claws which then crushed it into gravel. That was not the extent of Attila's retaliation, though, and Charlie knew it, as one could guess by the speed with which he prepared a Focus Blast, heaving it in the direction from which the Stone Edge started, hoping to cut the attack short early- with the Stealth Rock from earlier, taking flight to evade the move wasn't exactly a wise option. He gave an intrigued growl as Attila began to glow- the battle had already been an intense and interesting bout, but they always had a way of getting even more interesting when one of the participants evolved...

Rob kept trying, and kept trying, until he was exhaling proper Heat Waves on every attempt, a prospect that got him jumping out of sheer happiness. "Yes! Yay! I learned a new move!" he exclaimed. "Thank you so much, miss Caritas!" smiled the Salandit. Then, Caritas's attention was drawn to a certain occurrence in the battle, which likewise caught Rob's attention as well; Attila had begun to evolve. INwardly, Rob was a little saddened, knowing that simply due to being male, he himself would never get to experience evolution for himself, but at the same time, he couldn't help but be happy for Attila, and excited to see how his dad would fare in the battle given this new development.

~~~~~

Lapras gave a soft chuckle at Tori's reminiscing. "Oh, my, yes, I do recall the occasional dispute over young females," she smiled. "Though they were few and far between, and never escalated to anything dangerous. I am sorry the winter months were rough for you, though," she added apologetically. "For my kind, the summer months were the rougher ones, as we tend to favor the colder waters, and even then, by no means were they times of hardship for us. We have, of course, heard the stories of the potential cruelty humans possess. My kind was once very nearly hunted to extinction, and of course I mentioned the poacher Willa rescued me from. But I consider myself fortunate for the most part," she said. "Life, by and large, was good for us."
Old 10-26-2021, 05:22 PM   #42
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Eighteen acres the sign says. The thousand part fell off.

Another day, huh?

The Fizzytopian Parks had been dormant for what felt like years, and as the wildlife and flora grew on their own, unwatched, a large formidable oak tree stood atop a reasonably sized hill. To the untrained eye, it would appear to be a completely normal looking tree, a good couple of hundreds of years old judging by its girth, and with roots that dug exceedingly deep, the tree standing at least a couple hundred feet in height. Look closer, though, and one would find signs of activity around said tree: a rudimentary doorway of some sorts carved into it, the bark used as a convincing disguise, and the remains of what appeared to be a treehouse within the boughs of the emerald leaves. Many would assume this to be an abandoned secret base, as many have in the past, seemingly during older times when the regulations on said bases were a lot more restrictive.

She stood there, idly watching the wildlife go about their business. Her boss gave her the simple order of bouncer: their clientele wanted in, they provided proof or payment, they got in. Anyone disagree, they get turned away. They try to force their way in, they get turned away by the backside. Her arms were crossed, of course. They always were. It was, after all, one of the trademarks of the Obstagoon species, yet she didn't mind at all.

What did sate her curiosity, though, was the fact the last visitors came around two weeks ago, and she hadn't heard from the boss in a good nine days. Hell, her issued staff armband was starting to look a bit weathered, though still showed the telltale signet of employment.

A single green R. Emblem of Team Rocket, Peridot Branch.

She sniffed the air, continuing her bouncing duties in spite of the stomach protests. She hadn't had a decent bite to eat in a couple of days, thriving off the charity of a couple of the wild pokemon, but business was business.

They want in, they show proof or payment. They lack either, turn them away. They try forcing the door, kick their asses.

She kept her idle vigil, not paying too much attention to the details unless said details approached, and with the way trees were, her vision was based in a large frontal arc, with no glances behind her. She was adamant about this whole bouncer business.

Due in part to this, the Obstructing pokemon would have no knowledge of a hulking figure in the distance travelling towards the tree. They still had about a mile or so to go, but if one assumed them to be exhausted, then one's thoughts would be derailed by the fact said figure didn't get exhausted or fatigued.

No, ever since things had returned to general normalcy, the gym leader of Loch Bygone - that is, the new gym leader of Loch Bygone - had been predominantly sequestered in the buildings around the lake, studying. What they were studying was unknown to all, and many had eyed them with suspicion, least of all the former gym leader's pokemon. The ones who chose to remain with the Manager had recently inquired as to the nature of their studies, and were finally able to convince the machine that one had to partake in field studies now and then to truly learn the mysteries of the world.

Thus it was that the Manager had left the Codex to run the gym, something the small robot was adept at, and wandered to the Fizzytopian parks to continue their work, as well as to attempt socialisation. After all, being a very large mechanical construct didn't mean being cold and distant, and they had to make efforts to not feel ostracized by the community at best, and outright deemed a weapon of mass destruction, again, at worst.

The white Buneary hopping alongside them didn't pay too much attention. Kris was just glad to actually be looking at something that wasn't mud for once, as was the Infernape, who still seemed a bit out of sorts. Of course, Speedy was trailing behind at a leisurely pace, the psychic pokemon's natural lack of physical mobility more than compensated for by his incredibly quick thoughts and sharp wit, and indeed, the Galarian Slowking was keeping an eye out for anyone else in the vicinity, as though expecting the unexpected.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:39 AM   #43
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Fizzytopia Parks and Wildlife. Known to most in the region as simply the Park, it was a vast expanse of wilderness where Pokémon and Trainers alike could go to enjoy nature, ideally with a little less inherent danger than one tends to see. Emphasis on "ideally", of course, for the Fizzytopia region never saw a dull moment.

Thus, when the Masters family came out to the Park for a family hike, they came prepared for anything. Keith, Willa, and Maribel Masters each had a full team of six Pokémon on hand, though part of that was for simply allowing their companions a chance at enjoying the natural beauty as well. They came packing food, restorative items, their Key Stones, and in the parents' cases, their Z-Rings. Not all of their Pokémon were out of their Poké Balls, but some were; Keith's Meowth and Willa's Meowstic, of course, were walking side by side, paw in paw, enjoying each other's company. Meowth, of course, wore his Gigantaband on his front right leg. Walking beside Maribel was her Trevenant, and at odds with the Elder Tree Pokémon's naturally eerie appearance was his undeniably cheerful demeanor as he took in the nature around him. And floating around them all was a lavender Jigglypuff with pitch-black eyes, so dark that looking into them, you wouldn't know you were looking into anything other than empty voids of absolute darkness. With every wary stare her appearance drew, she gave a creepy giggle.

"Well, we certainly picked a good day for it," Keith remarked. "Weather's just fine today."

"Indeed," Willa agreed. "It's been a while since we've been here, hasn't it?" she added.

Keith nodded. "First time since the time distortion," he stated.

"And Lavender's never been here, ever," Maribel added, glancing over at her father's Jigglypuff, scratching behind her ears as she floated by.

"No, indeed," Willa agreed. Keith glanced at his wife, but saw that she looked rather comfortable, which in turn got him to smile slightly- it seemed Willa really was trying to give Lavender a fair chance, and he, Keith, was happy to see it. Then, however, he saw that something else had caught Willa's attention. "Keith," she said, looking up ahead. "Does that not look familiar?"

Keith followed his wife's gaze, and saw what she meant. There was a robotic figure wandering about, and more than that, they had seen this robotic figure before. "...that's the Loch Bygone Gym Leader, isn't it?" Keith murmured. He did not get specific with his wording, but Willa could tell her husband was thinking back to the rather unpleasant day when they had first seen this mechanical being. It wasn't unpleasant because of said mechanical being, though, but rather for... well, several other reasons, not least of which being Keith learning of the death of Loch Bygone's previous Gym Leader, who had been a friend of his. And of course, Willa had her share of... unpleasant memories from that day as well. Sometimes she still heard the crashes in her mind, and though she knew nobody had died in that horrific incident, it still weighed on her every now and then.

"Yeah, I think it is!" Maribel said in response to her dad. "Why don't we go and say hi?" she asked her parents.

Keith and Willa exchanged looks. "What do you think, dear?" asked Keith.

"I'm up for it if you are," Willa replied.

Keith smiled slightly. "Sounds good to me," he said. And together, the family walked towards the strange machine. They could see a number of Pokémon accompanying it as well, including a white Buneary, as well as a most peculiar Slowking that caught Keith's attention in particular. "Uh, hi," Keith said as they drew nearer. He hoped he didn't sound too awkward, but talking to a robot wasn't exactly a common experience for him.
Old 09-11-2022, 05:12 PM   #44
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
snip
The Manager's sight was set upon the large tree in the distance, yet the machine seemed to still register the area around them as the group continued on their trek. Indeed, the encroaching footsteps from a fair distance were picked up quickly as the Manager's lumbering trot slowed slightly. Well, that and the poison type nearby alerting them to the presence of others.

The mechanical being swiveled its torso round to get a glance at the group as they approached, and the male human of the group gave a slightly awkward greeting, abrupt in its utterance yet more an inquisitive hello as one would do to something new yet sentient. The Manager's emerald eye gave them a swift once over, internal workings running at incredible speed as they scoured their data banks and began registering and connecting dots. To the humans and pokemon, it was barely less than a second before the scan was finished, as the Manager gave a small yet respectable bow, or at least as much as its frame could allow.

"Greetings back to you and your kin," the Manager rumbled, deep voice emanating from within the chassis. "There is little need for hesitation. Had I came for destruc-" they began, before pausing and gazing at the Galarian Slowking who was busy wiggling his finger, mentally chastising them. "Ah, yes. Socialisation requires respect, not intimidation."

"Excuse the Manager, strangers, it has been an age since they've spoken to others directly," the Slowking projected via telepathic cue, seemingly from the Slowpoke part as the machine gave a curt pseudo nod. "Admittedly, it is the first time they have ventured from the lake, and at our behest. It isn't of great mental fortitude to remain sequestered within some old buildings...studying."

"Aff-I mean yes. Field study requires venturing into the world and learning much of it through experience, compared to scanning textbooks and other vestibules of knowledge. Regardless, introductions are to be made," the machine rumbled, a little sheepishly, before motioning to the two other pokemon.

"The two here are Nothung and Kris, whom have came into the ownership of...the management, we shall say," they replied, choosing their words carefully upon recalling the humans' presence at that fateful raid. "The gentlemon here is Speedy, named for their wit as opposed to their mobility, and you may call myself...the Manager, to use a familiar monicker."

The white Buneary hopped around a little as she gazed with her oddly coloured eyes at the equally oddly coloured Jigglypuff, as the Infernape seemed a little more uncertain. As the Manager awaited the response of the Masters family, the tree in the far distance rustled a little as the Obstagoon at its trunk looked around a little. She was sure he heard some thumping just now...
Old 09-19-2022, 09:48 PM   #45
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The robotic being was a bit intimidating going off appearances alone, though the Masterses approached nevertheless- Keith and Willa were not so easily frightened, and one could argue Maribel was never frightened. Indeed, it had been her idea to go over and say hello to the robotic Gym Leader, and even now she regarded the mechanical being with more curiosity than wariness.

The Manager bowed back as best as it could under the circumstances, attempting to reassure them that they didn't need to hesitate, though the wording it used wasn't especially... reassuring. A quality one could argue was rather necessary for reassurance. The nearby Slowking seemed to be trying to get this through to them, before telepathically explaining to the family that the Manager hadn't spoken to others directly for some time, and that this was in fact their first time venturing away from Loch Bygone. The family nodded at the following statement- indeed, they agreed, just staying in one place couldn't compare to going out and seeing the world for one's self.

Following this, introductions were made, though one of them proved rather unnecessary. "Nothung I know," Keith nodded, glancing at the Infernape. "I saw him last time I... well, last time I visited Alex," he said. "You're looking well," he told the Fire/Fighting-type.

Kris, on the other hand, was quite unfamiliar to them, though Lavender was meeting the Buneary's gaze unerringly and unnervingly, and the mention of Speedy got Keith's attention right back on said Slowking, though not before he acknowledged the Manager's introduction. "Well, it's good to formally meet you," he said. "As for introductions on our end, I'm Keith Masters, and this is my lovely wife Willa, and our daughter Maribel."

"H-hello," Willa said quietly. She did not seem scared of the Manager, though there was a certain discomfort in her tone of voice nonetheless. And Keith, having a shrewd idea as to what this was about, took hold of his wife's hand, a gesture that went neither unnoticed nor unappreciated.

"Nice to meet you," Maribel smiled.

"And as far as our Pokémon go, this is Meowth," Keith added, gesturing to his half of the feline couple.

"Heya," Meowth spoke up.

"And beside him is my Meowstic," Willa added.

"Mrrowstic," Meowstic chimed in, bowing slightly.

"This is Trevenant," Maribel said, gesturing to the Elder Tree Pokémon walking beside her.

"Nice to meet you, the Manager," Trevenant creaked in childish delight.

"And, uh, this here is Lavender," Keith stated, gesturing to his decidedly unusual Jigglypuff. "She's... she's hard to figure out," he said. "Still, though, it's evident that she means no harm to those who mean us no harm, so I see no reason you wouldn't be fine around her," he shrugged.

Lavender floated down to Kris, meanwhile, locking eyes with the white Buneary all the while, mouth twisted into a creepy grin. She had not blinked even once. "Interesting," the Jigglypuff uttered in an intrigued hiss. "What twisted dark forces conspired to make you this way?" she asked, sounding vaguely delighted.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:32 PM   #46
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Note: I am making this new intro post under the assumption that the ongoing storyline won't be continuing anytime soon, as it hasn't moved in almost a year now. If I am wrong, I'd be glad to continue that storyline as well, just to be clear, we'd just need to find a way to keep it distinct from this one, assuming it goes anywhere.)

"Ahhh, what a beautiful day, huh?" grinned Keith Masters, as he led the way through the sprawling natural expanse that was Fizzytopia Parks and Wildlife.

"Oh, indeed," nodded Willa, walking alongside her husband. "We certainly picked a good day for this."

"Right you are, my love," Keith nodded. "We haven't had a picnic out here as a family in Arceus knows how long. Shadow Clearing Park is always great, like, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you need a change of scenery, y'know?"

"Definitely, Dad!" said Maribel, who was walking behind her parents. "And this is the first time we've had one at all since Aunt Helena could turn human, right?"

"I can confirm that it is," smiled Helena- in her human form, she too was walking along with the rest of her family. Her naturally blue eyes were glowing blue, for she
was using Psychic to levitate the picnic basket behind her. "This is gonna be a nice time, I can tell-- already I can taste how happy you all are!"

"Well, don't fill up on emotions alone, big sis," Keith grinned. "You'll regret it once we get cooking."

"Dat's right," purred Meowth, who was bringing up the rear, holding paws with Meowstic.

"Mrrrowstic," Meowstic added with a small nod.

Soon enough, the Masterses came to what they deemed a good spot, spreading out the picnic blanket on the ground. "There we go," Keith stated. "All right, now- come out, everyone!" he added, throwing five balls into the air, from which emerged his Slurpuff, his Torkoal, his Varoom, his Appletun, and his Shiny Paldean Wooper.

"All of you, too!" Willa declared, throwing five Ultra Balls- from these emerged Willa's Flapple, Vanilluxe, Hisuian Goodra, Normal Form Exeggutor, and Toxicroak.

"Come out- everybody!" Maribel added, throwing half a dozen balls into the air herself. From these emerged her Dracovish, Araquanid, Trevenant, Chewtle, Kecleon, and Galarian Zigzagoon.

"Come on out!" Helena stated, throwing five balls, from which emerged her Audino, her Wobbuffet, her Musharna, her Comfey, and her Blue Flower Florges.

"...didn't bring Willow?" Willa inquired.

"Ah, well, I, uh... as per the recent legislation passed about Pokémon being Trainers, I actually count as part of my own team of six," Helena murmured. "I didn't want to leave anyone out, but Willow volunteered to stay behind and hang out with Millicent."

"Yeah, that's Willow for you," Keith nodded. "You're OK with that, though, right, Helena?" he added. "Not getting to have a full team of six that doesn't include you?"

"It's a bit jarring," Helena admitted. "But if it means getting another chance at this sort of life, it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make. Honestly, if anything, I'm just glad the Pokémon League has made laws to specifically accommodate this sort of situation."

"I think we're all glad for that," Willa nodded firmly.

"Yeah, definitely!" smiled Maribel.

With all said and done, they continued to set things up, with Cotton and Shelley beginning to work on the hamburgers. Several of the other Pokémon opted to just hang out with one another- Amy and Flapple seemed quite content to just enjoy each other's company, and Help and Reassure were likewise happy to spend some time together as a couple, while Chewtle and Zigzagoon began to spar almost immediately, and Araquanid wasted no time producing a nice, large Water Bubble to envelop Dracovish's head. Kecleon simply stayed close to Maribel, seeming uncertain as to what she should do in this situation. Goodra, similarly, seemed highly reluctant to leave Willa's side. The others just wandered about the general area, wondering what, if anything, would happen.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:58 PM   #47
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jirachi Apples to Apples

Noel stared at the park before him. The trees, the flowers, everything was stunning. It was a bright, sunny day, with nary a cloud in the sky. And there was a slight, pleasant spring breeze. Winter was finally starting to release its icy grip from Fizzytopia. Spring would soon be in full bloom. And the need to wear a facemask everywhere for three months is soon approaching. Even now, small hits of pollen affected him, causing a small cough whenever he was hit.

If it was up to him, he'd hibernate through spring and risk summer. This was the worst time for his asthma. The phlegm the pollen caused only made his constitution worse. Most days, he was too stricken with hay fever to properly function. Especially if he didn't have Voyager by his side for some gods damned reason. Luckily, today was not one of those misfortunate days, as his Clefairy had been hard at work. Yet, today was... pleasant enough.

Though, that wasn't the reason why he was at this park. No. The large, lurking apple at his side was. The Hydrapple had fallen into his hands earlier in the year and was certainly a handful. Seven different heads, all wanting different things. He thought his string of over-the-top Pokemon would've prepared him for this. He was wrong. Dead wrong. Why did he always end up with the EXTRA ones?

But, the Fizzytopian Parks and Wildlife Reserve was hosting an event to further tag along to the Year of the Applin. While the Lunar New Year-themed festivities were nowhere in sight, instead everything had APPLE printed all over it. Apple banners. Apple streamers. Apple picnic blankets. A variety of Apple dishes. And a cordial invitation to every single trainer who owned a member of the Applin line. And any trainer, of course, was free to come if they were interested in potentially owning a member of the line. So, that's why he was here. For Hydrus.

The Hydrapple's main head slithered up, keeping his eyes peeled. Every so often, the serpent would nudge Noel towards people. People. Yes. His Hydrapple was trying to be a wingman, and failing horribly. But, no matter. He was content sitting at this empty picnic blanket so far in his spring wear and munching on the free food. He was sure that the night sky here would be a lot more interesting than these apple-pilled people.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:44 PM   #48
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

With winter giving way to spring, the weather was getting more pleasant, easier to enjoy without wearing extra layers, and better suited for hosting outdoor events. Case in point, the Fizzytopian Parks and Wildlife Reserve was hosting an event in celebration of the Year of the Applin. The more proper Lunar New Year festivities might have ended, but a year was a year was a year. Who was gonna turn down a good excuse to celebrate, anyway?

Certainly not the Masterses! Sure enough, Keith, Willa, and Maribel Masters all made their way into the park, with Meowth and Meowstic following not far behind, paw in paw. "Woooow!" breathed Maribel, taking in the apple-themed decorations. "They went all-out for this!"

"Indeed," Willa concurred.

"Yeah, this is gonna be a cool day," Keith grinned. "But yeah, let's send 'em on out before we go any further in, hmm?"

"Dat sounds like a plan ta me-owth," Meowth purred.

"Mrrrrowstic," Meowstic concurred with a small and careful nod.

Keith nodded, and threw an Ultra Ball. "Amy, let's go!" he called out.

Willa threw her own Ultra Ball. "Flapple!" she declared.

Maribel, meanwhile, threw her own Poké Ball "Come out- Hydrapple!" she exclaimed.

The trio of Applinlutions materialized at once. Amy, Keith's Appletun, immediately nuzzled Willa's Flapple affectionately, while Maribel's Hydrapple's syrpents peered out of the large apple to look around.

"Alright, Amy, on our best behavior today, OK?" Keith said. "No eating food that isn't given to you, OK?"

"Tun tuuuun!" Amy responded cheerily.

"And Flapple, no battling someone without getting their say-so first," Willa said firmly.

"Flaaaaapple," yawned Flapple.

Maribel, meanwhile, had caught sight of Noel. "...isn't that the guy from the Colosseum challenge that day?" she murmured. "And he has a Hydrapple, too! Hydrapple, come on, let's go say hi!"

"Draaaapple!" screeched the commander syrpent. She then proceeded to screech commands at the other syrpents. Several of them screeched back insolently, but after a few seconds, the commander got the rest of them in gear, and they began to move the syrup apple forward as a team. Maribel nodded approvingly, and walked alongside.

"Hi!" Maribel smiled as she approached Noel. "It's... Noel, right? I remember you from Sludge Wave Colosseum, I'm Maribel Masters, we battled in the first round. You have a Hydrapple too, huh? That's so cool! Mine's the daughter of my mom's Flapple and my dad's Appletun, and due to a few weird coincidences she evolved all the way to Hydrapple within minutes of hatching."

"Draaaap," the commander syrpent added sheepishly. Maribel chuckled and proceeded to pet the syrpent. This got the other syrpents to poke their heads out, all of them screeching for attention.

"Alright, be patient," Maribel said firmly as she petted each syrpent in turn, other hand at the ready should any of the syrpents begin squabbling over who should get pet next. "So, how'd you get your Hydrapple?" she asked Noel.

Keith and Willa smiled as they watched their daughter go to make a new friend (hopefully, at least), then looked around for something else to do, or someone else to meet. Either or.
Old 03-03-2024, 01:30 PM   #49
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

“Go on and land here, this should be a good spot for us.”

“Charrr~”

With a few flap of his wings, the orange fiery dragon did as his trainer told him and descended slowly on to the ground below them, the sun was radiating, there was a gentle breeze, winter was nearly gone and spring would soon be upon them. Yet, it felt like a perfect day for an outing, he brought with him a number of Pokémon that needed sometime to stretch out their legs, he leaped off of his dragon’s back and landed firmly on the ground. He took out the four Pokeballs of those apple dragons he had welcomed in towards the beginning of the year, he tossed them and upon opening revealed, four distinctly different grassy dragon type’s that all seemed related to each other somehow.

The first was a caramel apple shaped Pokémon that looked like one you would find during times of celebrations in local festival, she was Candice and was the most experienced one of the small group who a lot of times acted like a big sister of the group unintentionally. Then there was Granny Smith, while having an apple core, she had created wings in order for her to flap around, she was a bit temperamental and didn’t particularly like the idea of having any outing. Next to her was a derp of a large dragon that was a bit shy and currently trying to hide behind a large tree and unfortunately couldn’t quite comprehend that his body was too big to hide properly, he was sweet, sweet as the name he was given, Honey Crisp. The last one was a shiny golden caramel dragon and while there was a clear long slender neck with a large main dragon head attached to the body, inside its large apple core laid in wait several more serpents that had chosen to live with the main one and call her their leader, Carmela.

“Alright you four, try your best and get along with whatever Pokémon you may find and try not to get yourselves kicked out and keep destruction to a minimum.” He began mounting his fiery orange dragon again before promising that they would picking them up sometime close to sunset, “And don’t forget to have fun!”

As his Charizard Liam took off towards the sky, the man’s Appletun came out of hiding and began to trot after them but it was too late they had flown off too far from reach for even the Kanto Starter to get to hear them.

“No! Wait!! Take me with you!”

“Get over it, they’ve left already.” The Flapple looked away in disgust as the Appletun looked like it was having a hard time processing being abandoned, causing him to begin to hyperventilate a little.

“Be nice Granny,” Candice the Dripplin said as it moved in to comfort the larger dragon.

“Mhmmp.”

“There, there Crisp he is only going to be gone the afternoon.”

“B-but, t-that’s HOURS FROM NOW!!”

“Honestly…” The Hydrapple said, “How can someone so big be such a scaredy cat.” Seeming more royal than though, “We got a lot of ground to cover, so instead of crying over what you can’t control, let’s go and explore.” With that the group seemed to be set to enjoy a day at the park.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM   #50
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Apples. Liawe wasn't exactly fond of apples, though that was more of a leftover thing from living in the Zephyr Valley for so long. High winds and somewhat-hard fruits made for a painful combination, and she'd had many a bruise from the wild apple trees growing out there when a fruit had been blown from the branches and struck her, one of her Pokemon or her tent. She'd heard her fair share of grumbling from Kerry about it too, though funnily enough her Pokemon didn't overly seem to mind. Then again, most of them just ate the apple and moved on with their day. People bruised easier, it seems. And now... There was an apple festival. Somewhat loosely tied to the New Year's theme of Applin, though who came up with that one Liawe had no idea. It certainly wasn't proving auspicious so far, with Bertha both insisting on coming and on being carried on the bus ride over. She didn't like flying all that much. So far, she'd spent most of the journey asleep, but now she'd woken up and was demanding to be set down so she could wander off and probably scarf some apples. Sighing, Liawe set Bertha down on the floor, watching the rotund little dragon wander off to inspect the place, only for her to stop halfway and turn back to her. Clearly Bertha wanted company, and so, despite her general distaste for affairs, Liawe moved forwards to accompany her little Appletun, only to be ambushed when she went to put the hood of her jacket up to hide herself from the crowd. As much as Liawe liked wearing hoodies, she had several Pokemon who liked sleeping in the hoods more, and it seems today was no exception: Calem the Caterpie had now been rudely awoken, and was now crawling out in a huff after his sleep was disturbed. Now awakened and aware of the smell of food nearby, Calem's grumpiness began to dissipate, for what could be better than a post-nap snack? And so the caterpillar contented himself with scowling at his Trainer before he crawled down Liawe's arm to hop onto Bertha's back, where he could take in proceedings more freely, and acquire dinner more easily. Sighing, Liawe made to follow her more eager companions as they moved into the growing bustle of individuals attending this mini festival of apples.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones