UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #126
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,681
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meetan: The intensifying rustle of the brush and the panic on the man who blitzed by you gave you enough warning to know danger was coming. Quickly drying yourself off and putting your shoes on haphazardly, you scoop the Lotad up into your arms and begin to make a break for it upstream, running along the bank of the Leniazom a little clumsily. You manage to make it around forty metres from your starting point when something large and green bursts through the undergrowth, eyes darting around as the lizard scopes the surroundings.

You were well aware of your environment, and as vague memories sink in of the traits of the Sceptile, your run slows to a quiet jog as you try and get out of dodge stealthily, knowing that if it caught sight of you, it had absolute command over its environment. Ducking out of sight behind an overgrown tree, you hear a number of voices, seething anger evident within each one, yet in tongues foreign to you. Still moving, you look down to Lorin for comfort, heart pounding in your chest, yet as the sounds begin to muffle you feel that the danger has passed you...

That is, until a piercing shriek forces you to the ground, the burst of noise unlike anything you've ever heard, like the boom of thunder. Deafened, you can't hear yourself cry out, head ringing fiercely, and through tearing eyes you find the source of the racket, the Vibrava on the tree above you vibrating wings as it leers at you. The dragon type then begins to vibrate its wings, ready to unleash something at you in your incapacitated state, the world nought but an incredibly muffled whine in your ears...

What will you do?


Lil'twick: The stars in the sky beckon you, and your childhood dreams easily squash any notion of rational thought in your head as you release Sprinkles, the Morelull cheery in your arm as you bend your knees. If you were going to reach for the stars, you had better make this jump count. Pushing off the earth, you feel yourself soaring, defying the very laws of gravity with the same level of anarchy as some of your old friends back in Po Town, and before you know it the stars above you only seem to grow in number as you fly closer and closer to them.

Sprinkles makes something of a nervous hum, but your senses are dull to his concerns as you fly further and further from the ground below you, entranced by the countless stars in your vision. To the mushroom, the realm of Zalfarthas grows smaller and smaller, but to you the experience is like your dreams as you are surrounded by the specks of light, twinkling like diamonds. No longer flying but rather floating, you tenderly extend your arm out towards a small clump of the twinkling lights, and place your hand around them gently. The warmth the stars in your hand are like the perfect cake, filling you with a strange sort of joy, and as you bring the stars towards Sprinkles, it is then that you realise just how high up you are among the stars.

The ground you once stood on is nothing but a floating island, and you instinctively whirl on the spot so that the island is now above you, a strange sparkling moon as you lay within an ocean of stars. Some of the stars beneath you begin to move, dragging you and Sprinkles along with them, yet the sensation is akin to a gentle trip down a river. It is at this point that you realise you are alone with your thoughts and dreams, and as you begin to think on life your wandering eyes fall upon a small creature flying above you, a beautiful flower in its arms unlike any you have ever seen. The creature seems to pay no heed to you, and floats towards a particularly dense cluster of stars. While it would be wonderful to simply float among the stars, you do have to question whether you are curious enough to see what the creature was and where it was going.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:17 AM   #127
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: The intensifying rustle of the brush and the panic on the man who blitzed by you gave you enough warning to know danger was coming. Quickly drying yourself off and putting your shoes on haphazardly, you scoop the Lotad up into your arms and begin to make a break for it upstream, running along the bank of the Leniazom a little clumsily. You manage to make it around forty metres from your starting point when something large and green bursts through the undergrowth, eyes darting around as the lizard scopes the surroundings.

You were well aware of your environment, and as vague memories sink in of the traits of the Sceptile, your run slows to a quiet jog as you try and get out of dodge stealthily, knowing that if it caught sight of you, it had absolute command over its environment. Ducking out of sight behind an overgrown tree, you hear a number of voices, seething anger evident within each one, yet in tongues foreign to you. Still moving, you look down to Lorin for comfort, heart pounding in your chest, yet as the sounds begin to muffle you feel that the danger has passed you...

That is, until a piercing shriek forces you to the ground, the burst of noise unlike anything you've ever heard, like the boom of thunder. Deafened, you can't hear yourself cry out, head ringing fiercely, and through tearing eyes you find the source of the racket, the Vibrava on the tree above you vibrating wings as it leers at you. The dragon type then begins to vibrate its wings, ready to unleash something at you in your incapacitated state, the world nought but an incredibly muffled whine in your ears...

What will you do?
A Sceptile was pretty cool, but also could be pretty deadly, which suited the Arboreal Cradle well. Hell, it suited most of the encounters Alice made on her adventures, such was the nature of the Pokemon world. She wasn't the stealthiest thing, either, as Bedlam Ridge's disaster had pretty much proven, so fingers crossed they survived this. And they did, look at that! It felt like the danger had passed and they were in clear, and now that Alice was back on her feet she was inclined to make a move.

Except, oh wait, they weren't in the clear. And now they were deaf and in pain, fantastic! Hopefully the Sceptile had kept going, because Alice had definitely cried out at some undetermined volume and Lorin wasn't silent, either. She clutched him tighter rather than drop him, hunching over briefly, feeling the world spin. Oh, god, she was actually in so much pain. Were her ears bleeding? How had her skull not blown up?

Whoever those voices had belonged to, hopefully they didn't have bad intentions, because it would probably take several years to hear whispering ever again. Eyesight hazed by tears, Alice angled herself to look over her glasses and up the tree. A Vibrava. She'd want it if it wasn't a complete arsehole-- maybe Lorin could take care of it.

"Lorin!" She was absolutely speaking louder than average, and it couldn't be helped. Alice pointed at the intended target, and then tapped the pink lilypad to gain his attention. "Rain Dance, then Whirlpool and Ice Beam! Go!" She tried to articulate with gestures, too - fluttering fingers and swaying for the rain dance, twisting her hand forward from her mouth for whirlpool and something probably too vague for ice beam (imitating shaking from the cold and the idea of projecting a straight shot from the mouth). Thank goodness he knew ice attacks. Alice only hoped that he'd be quick enough.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:47 AM   #128
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
King Ghidorah- As you race off into the cold dark woods, you call out to your freshly caught Swinub, hoping to draw it back in with sweet lies about more treats. Unfortunately their is no sign of the Swinub slowing, but thankfully you soon catch up with Heidi. You apologise for the Ice type's actions and inquire as to whether Swinub would be okay if it consumed a large amount of Balm Mushrooms.

"I think he'll be okay", Heidi chuckles, "might get a bit of a sore stomach but it won't kill him or anything. The pair of you continue to track the Swinub through the snow, thankfully he leaves a nice clear trail for you to follow. You soon find yourself at the entrance to a cave, an eerie glow is coming from within. "Well that certainly is odd, maybe we should get inside before your Swinub gets itself into more trouble."

You head inside the cave and it isn't long before you find the source of the glow. Luminescent mushrooms fill the cavern, you can't help but feel a bit uneasy about them. You spot Swinub sniffing around a rather large mushroom in the centre of the cave, it certainly didn't look like the bit of Balm Mushroom that Heidi had. "Well it found some mushrooms alright, perhaps we should look around and see if we can find some Balm Mushrooms?" As you turn to look around the cave, you feel your head spin a bit. You rub your eyes and let out a yawn, why did you suddenly feel so tired?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #129
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- As you race off into the cold dark woods, you call out to your freshly caught Swinub, hoping to draw it back in with sweet lies about more treats. Unfortunately their is no sign of the Swinub slowing, but thankfully you soon catch up with Heidi. You apologise for the Ice type's actions and inquire as to whether Swinub would be okay if it consumed a large amount of Balm Mushrooms.

"I think he'll be okay", Heidi chuckles, "might get a bit of a sore stomach but it won't kill him or anything. The pair of you continue to track the Swinub through the snow, thankfully he leaves a nice clear trail for you to follow. You soon find yourself at the entrance to a cave, an eerie glow is coming from within. "Well that certainly is odd, maybe we should get inside before your Swinub gets itself into more trouble."

You head inside the cave and it isn't long before you find the source of the glow. Luminescent mushrooms fill the cavern, you can't help but feel a bit uneasy about them. You spot Swinub sniffing around a rather large mushroom in the centre of the cave, it certainly didn't look like the bit of Balm Mushroom that Heidi had. "Well it found some mushrooms alright, perhaps we should look around and see if we can find some Balm Mushrooms?" As you turn to look around the cave, you feel your head spin a bit. You rub your eyes and let out a yawn, why did you suddenly feel so tired?
Hugo could feel his breathing becoming more labored and he placed his hand against the cold stone wall of the cavern to steady himself. The bioluminescence of the mushrooms created a dreamy atmosphere, and Hugo sensed himself beginning to drift off. Sure, he had been through quite a bit, but this wave of exhaustion was crashing down on him hard. He placed his back against the wall and slowly began to slide down until he was eventually sitting on the floor.

As his eyelids began to grow heavy, Hugo glanced around the cave. There was Swinub investigating the large mushroom, and the Pig Pokemon let out a long yawn as well. He was bursting with energy just a few moments ago. Why was he so tired as well?

“HEY IDIOT,” a voice yelled to Hugo. Startled, he looked around finding nobody but Heidi, and that certainly wasn’t her voice. It was much deeper, much angrier.

It was his own. His self-conscious was going into panic mode.

“You’re going to die here unless you do something, right?” the voice in Hugo’s head threatened. “This isn’t normal. Something is very wrong here.”

“What do you mean? There’s nobody here but Heidi, Swinub, and me. I think I’m just a little tired becau—”

“USE YOUR HEAD! THE LIGHT UP MUSHROOMS! THE GIANT ONE IN THE CENTER OF THE ROOM! THE SUDDEN FATIGUE! YOU. ARE. IN. DANGER.”

Hugo tried to focus, but it was a challenge. Sure things seems a little odd, but nothing seemed threatening. The bioluminescence was actually quite nice. And that giant mushroom was really something. How could a mushroom grow to be that big? What color would you call that? Was it purple? Pink? Lavender? And were those green spots? The only time Hugo could ever recall seeing a mushroom quite like that was in a book, but that mushroom was different because it was the head of a Shiinotic.

“DING DING DING MORON!”

“Oh FUCK!”

A sudden surge of adrenaline coursed through Hugo’s blood and he leapt to his feet.

“SWINUB! GET AWAY FROM THAT! IT’S NOT SAFE! HIT IT WITH POWDER SNOW!”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:16 PM   #130
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
King Ghidorah- It didn't take long for you to put the clues together. Glowing Mushrooms + Feeling Sleepy? Shiinotic! With Swinub sniffing all too close to the oversize shroom, you order the Swinub to strike the hidden Pokemon with a Powder Snow. Big mistake......

The Swinub blasts the mushroom with a super effective Shiinotic, causing it to reveal its limbs. The Shiinotic seems fairly ingrained in the ground, unlike the spores that are blown towards you by your Swinub's Powder Snow! The cold mixture of snow and spores washes over you, your eyelids grow heavy and close, but only for a second.

When your eyes open, you find yourself standing in the middle of a blizzard, staring into a massive hole in the side of a mountain. Looking around you see all your Pokemon laying about, unconscious and badly beaten. A bolt of lighting erupts from the cave, causing you to fall to the ground in shock. Moments later a torrent of flame bursts forth, almost searing you as it cuts through the falling snow.....

Swinub looks around wildly, where were its orders? It watches in shock as its trainer passes out on the cavern floor, prompting the woman who was with him to rush to his side. As she shook and shouted at the trainer to wake up, Swinub realised it was in danger. The Shiinotic lashes at him with Astonishing speed, but thankfully he manages to avoid the hit, jumping back just in time. With his new trainer unable to order him, he'd have to overcome this adversary by himself, at least until his trainer woke up.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #131
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- It didn't take long for you to put the clues together. Glowing Mushrooms + Feeling Sleepy? Shiinotic! With Swinub sniffing all too close to the oversize shroom, you order the Swinub to strike the hidden Pokemon with a Powder Snow. Big mistake......

The Swinub blasts the mushroom with a super effective Shiinotic, causing it to reveal its limbs. The Shiinotic seems fairly ingrained in the ground, unlike the spores that are blown towards you by your Swinub's Powder Snow! The cold mixture of snow and spores washes over you, your eyelids grow heavy and close, but only for a second.

When your eyes open, you find yourself standing in the middle of a blizzard, staring into a massive hole in the side of a mountain. Looking around you see all your Pokemon laying about, unconscious and badly beaten. A bolt of lighting erupts from the cave, causing you to fall to the ground in shock. Moments later a torrent of flame bursts forth, almost searing you as it cuts through the falling snow.....

Swinub looks around wildly, where were its orders? It watches in shock as its trainer passes out on the cavern floor, prompting the woman who was with him to rush to his side. As she shook and shouted at the trainer to wake up, Swinub realised it was in danger. The Shiinotic lashes at him with Astonishing speed, but thankfully he manages to avoid the hit, jumping back just in time. With his new trainer unable to order him, he'd have to overcome this adversary by himself, at least until his trainer woke up.
Wow, already down for the count? Well, I should have guessed. Maybe I was better off in the wild than with this guy.

To be fair, Swinub had gotten them into this situation with his voracious appetite and now he was going to have to deal with the Shiinotic without Hugo’s guidance. He glanced at his fallen trainer who looked bad. The woman was trying to pull him to attention, but he wasn’t waking up. Only twitching a little bit.

Oh, no. I do hope he’s okay though.

But Swinub would have to deal with the Shiinotic or else he too would end up like Hugo. The Illuminating Pokemon was pissed and lashed out at Swinub who dodged it literally in the nick of time. Swinub didn’t even realize what he was doing; just purely responding out of instinct.

Alright, that was close. Time to die, fungus brain.

Powder Snow was a dangerous choice. Sure, it hit the Shiinotic hard, but when combined with the Shiinotic’s spores…not a good combo. But Swinub was young and only had so many moves at his disposal. He was going to have to be very strategic in his decision making here. He didn’t want to make things worse. Not again, at least.

Okay, okay, think. This thing…it’s grass and…psychic? Was that right? No, no. Poison? Uh…Fairy. I think it’s Fairy? Yeah, that has to be right.

Swinub gathered up a pile of dirt beneath it’s little hoof and swung it at the Shiinotic.

Yeah, take a nice Mud Slap to the face, you bastard! And then eat this Icicle Spear!
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #132
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,681
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meetan: Stunned by the cacophonic outburst of the Vibrava, you quickly convey some visual orders to Lorin as you cling onto the lily pad pokemon, who gazes at you with a slight squint, equally in pain from the audial assault, and to your relief it seems that your bond with him holds strong. Looking up at the skies, the tadpole shuffles on the spot in a sort of dance and a ray of blue light shines forth from him into the skies. While ordinarily this sort of technique would take a little time to act, the climate of Lythan'Torr is warm and humid, and within seconds the clouds broil over as rain begins to dampen you. However, this does nothing to stop the gust of wind whipped up by the Vibrava, blowing at you and Lorin and almost knocking you to the ground.

Lorin shakes off the uncomfortable advantageous attack and turns to the dragon, taking your next command to heart. As the ground type hops off the tree it dives for you, maw open, only to sink its fangs into a whirling wall of water from Lorin, and while it isn't enough to stop its momentum, it is enough to knock it well off course as it careens into the drink with a hefty splash. It quickly surfaces on the river and promptly begins to panic and struggle to shore, crying out loudly (though to you it merely sounds muffled) and as it hops onto the shore sopping wet, it stares hard at the Lotad and begins to inhale, energy building in its mouth at a terrific rate. Without hesitation, your pokemon quickly blasts it with ice beam, the water flash freezing around it as it cries out in pain from the super effective strike and ends up back in the water, this time floating as it is almost completely frozen!

The key word being almost. Directly incensed, it resumes gathering energy before firing back with its own beam of power, the hypersonic ray ripping towards Lorin who can do little but close his eyes and hunker down as it smashes into him. Blasted back, the grass type is forced into a tree and you're forced onto the grass forcefully from an explosion of energy, a loud creak breaking your temporary deafness as the tree itself topples over! A couple of tense seconds pass before you spot movement, and as the pink pokemon crawls out of the wreckage he looks in your direction, crawling slowly to your side, battered and bruised but mercifully not injured. Looking back at the Vibrava, you can see it panting as it is slowly pulled down the river, highly disgruntled, yet as it looks up at you it seems to give you a smug smirk of sorts.

As you try and regain your bearings you feel something grip your shoulder, and immediately recall the reason you were on the move as you tilt your head up at the green claw and the Sceptile it belonged to. The same voices from before then fill the air before a dozen or so men burst out of the brush, armed with flint spears and daggers and surprisingly well clothed with woven fabric, staring you down harshly. A couple of them pause, puzzled at your appearance and speak in a language you've never heard of to their compatriots, yet ultimately turning towards you and Lorin, and pointing their spears towards you. It seems you're in a definite pickle, anything to say or do in your defence?
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #133
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: Stunned by the cacophonic outburst of the Vibrava, you quickly convey some visual orders to Lorin as you cling onto the lily pad pokemon, who gazes at you with a slight squint, equally in pain from the audial assault, and to your relief it seems that your bond with him holds strong. Looking up at the skies, the tadpole shuffles on the spot in a sort of dance and a ray of blue light shines forth from him into the skies. While ordinarily this sort of technique would take a little time to act, the climate of Lythan'Torr is warm and humid, and within seconds the clouds broil over as rain begins to dampen you. However, this does nothing to stop the gust of wind whipped up by the Vibrava, blowing at you and Lorin and almost knocking you to the ground.

Lorin shakes off the uncomfortable advantageous attack and turns to the dragon, taking your next command to heart. As the ground type hops off the tree it dives for you, maw open, only to sink its fangs into a whirling wall of water from Lorin, and while it isn't enough to stop its momentum, it is enough to knock it well off course as it careens into the drink with a hefty splash. It quickly surfaces on the river and promptly begins to panic and struggle to shore, crying out loudly (though to you it merely sounds muffled) and as it hops onto the shore sopping wet, it stares hard at the Lotad and begins to inhale, energy building in its mouth at a terrific rate. Without hesitation, your pokemon quickly blasts it with ice beam, the water flash freezing around it as it cries out in pain from the super effective strike and ends up back in the water, this time floating as it is almost completely frozen!

The key word being almost. Directly incensed, it resumes gathering energy before firing back with its own beam of power, the hypersonic ray ripping towards Lorin who can do little but close his eyes and hunker down as it smashes into him. Blasted back, the grass type is forced into a tree and you're forced onto the grass forcefully from an explosion of energy, a loud creak breaking your temporary deafness as the tree itself topples over! A couple of tense seconds pass before you spot movement, and as the pink pokemon crawls out of the wreckage he looks in your direction, crawling slowly to your side, battered and bruised but mercifully not injured. Looking back at the Vibrava, you can see it panting as it is slowly pulled down the river, highly disgruntled, yet as it looks up at you it seems to give you a smug smirk of sorts.

As you try and regain your bearings you feel something grip your shoulder, and immediately recall the reason you were on the move as you tilt your head up at the green claw and the Sceptile it belonged to. The same voices from before then fill the air before a dozen or so men burst out of the brush, armed with flint spears and daggers and surprisingly well clothed with woven fabric, staring you down harshly. A couple of them pause, puzzled at your appearance and speak in a language you've never heard of to their compatriots, yet ultimately turning towards you and Lorin, and pointing their spears towards you. It seems you're in a definite pickle, anything to say or do in your defence?
Alice was relieved that Lorin seemed to understand her charades, because while she had been a drama student, it was a game that she loathed and didn't consider herself brilliant at. He was completely on the mark, in fact, and cute in his delivery. If they weren't at risk of death (and deaf), she might have been cooing at him. Instead, Alice was just screaming her lungs out at the Vibrava attempting to devour her, arm first.

Thank god for the Whirlpool, stray water splashing and refreshing in the heat of battle and humidity of the forest. It sent the flying bug reeling, and honestly, she didn't feel bad for the ruthless little bastard. Okay-- seeing it struggle like that, maybe a bit. If Alice was in better shape she might've just tried to save it by capture, not that it needed. She knew what a Hyper Beam looked like.

"Lorin--!" The Lotad had hunkered down to take the blow, and it swept them both. The Pokemon's cry of pain made it through the white noise, Alice thrown across the foliage, horrified at the realisation that the tree had dropped inches from her. This was a nightmare, an absolute nightmare, and the trainer was calling desperately for her companion. The Vibrava's smirk barely registered, she was just glad that her friend was mostly okay. He had toddled up close to her, Alice petting him comfortingly, trying to shift to check him over. They could heal him up no problem, but unfortunately, life wasn't done screwing her hard yet.

The Sceptile. Yeah, they hadn't gotten far running for their life and hadn't been quiet about what came after. Alice could feel that her blood sugars were through the roof at this point, rocketed by fear and adrenaline. Joy. She raised her hands as if in a surrender motion to those that had burst from the brush, although she was analysing the situation. Lorin had been there in Minnao when his trainer had straight up shot a poacher with a harpoon threatening their life and others - he knew that if this got anymore dire, they could turn things into a bloodbath. Bedlam was proof of that, too. He had the moves to make it happen.

Instead, the young woman gestured to her ears, on her knees and her balance off. She was trying to let them know that she couldn't hear, not that Alice could understand what little made it through the haze anyway. She didn't mean harm. They didn't have to know that if they tried anything, the idol was more than willing to cause some. Better to go down fighting, that was for damn sure.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #134
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
King Ghidorah- With Hugo fast asleep and dreaming of who knows what, Swinub takes it upon himself to put the Shiinotic back to sleep. Sure, it was partly his fault that his trainer was dreaming up a storm, but he shouldn't have been standing in the way! Anyways, he was likely enjoying all the attention he was getting from the Heidi, the woman was shaking him fiercely, trying to stir him from his slumber.

The young Swinub racks its brain, trying to scrounge up any information his mother had taught him about Shiinotic. He knew it was a Grass type at least, and maybe a Fairy type? Either way, the Grass part was more important. He kicks up a Mud Slap, landing a direct hit on the sleep inducing shroom. As the Shiinotic claws at its eyes, Swinub lays on the damage, firing Icicle Spears into the Shiinotic's body. If he continued to hit it in the body and not its cap, he could reduce the chance of knocking more Spores loose! The blow was Super Effective, and the Shiinotic was showing signs of pain, however this is somewhat alleviated when it sucks up nutrients through its Ingrained roots. The Shiinotic is enraged by the mud in its eyes and begins to wildly fire off Sludge Bombs. Thankfully the inaccuracy allows Swinub to dodge most of the blasts, however he does still take a bit of damage.

As you look over your fainted Pokemon, the ground begins to shake as something begins to exit the cave. You tremble in fear as a cold mist begins to seep from the cavern, ushering the fearsome threat that was slowly approaching. Would you stay and face the beast by yourself or collect your Pokemon and flee?

"Hugo", a voice calls out from behind you, but you can't see anything or anyone. "Wake up Hugo, you need to wake up!"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:40 AM   #135
Naru
Ultra Despair Girl
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Naru- Feeling obligated to aid in the recapture of the Garchomp, you release Helios from his ball. The Rapidash's fiery mane ripples as you pull yourself onto his back, he'd have no issue keeping up with Harrow and his Gogoat. You urge Helios forward and the Rapidash takes off in pursuit of the hunter. Alastor tails behind while Calix holds tight to your back, not wanting to be thrown to the ground. Harrow looks back over his shoulder, he doesn't exactly seem pleased to see you following. "Stay sharp", he shouts back at you, "Garchomp isn't the only threat around here, keep your guard up."

The pair of you barrel through the strange forest on your respective mounts, continuing down the steady slope of the Dragon's Descent. Harrow comes to a stop as you enter a clearing, he swings down from his Gogoat and begins to look for signs of the Garchomp. Alastor begins to search as well, perhaps the Lucario felt obligated due to his part in the Garchomp's escape? Calix looks around warily, the Alolan Meowth seems rather unsettled. His eyes jump from one tree to another, maybe he was just thrown off by the strange angle at which they grew, leaning back away from the centre of the Descent.

Alastor lets out a bark, signalling that he has found something. Harrow strides over to inspect the Lucario's findings. He had indeed found something noteworthy, deep cuts on the lower section of a tree, certainly something the Garchomp would be capable of doing. Alastor then points out more cuts on surrounding trees, had the Garchomp really made all of these? Calix jumps down, something has caught his attention. He slowly makes his way towards a tree on the far side of the clearing, moving cautiously, like he knows something isn't right.

Meowwwwww

Calix cries out as something leaps at him. Harrow spins around as more figures leap into the clearing. "Ambush!" Harrow shouts as you find yourself surrounded. Calix was tumbling in the snow with one Pokemon, while three larger Pokemon eyed off Harrow and yourself. "Gabite", Harrow points out, "they must be trying to cover the Garchomp's escape." If the three larger Pokemon were Gabite, then that meant the smaller one wrestling with Calix must be a Gible! "We can't let them stomp us from getting to the Garchomp, we have to knock them out and continue our pursuit!"
Olivia followed closely behind Harrow, the loud hooves of Helios echoing in her ears as she pounded down the Dragon's Descent. She could feel Calix's nervous claws digging into her sides as he clung to her, not wanting to be flung off the tremendous flaming unicorn. Alastor ran behind them, using his Extreme Speed to stay close. He wasdetermined to make it up to the gruff man for losing his capture. Harrow came to a stop, swinging off his Gogoat and taking a look around. Olivia tries to do the same but hears a gruff bark from Alastor.

'No, you stay. We can handle this.' He follows Harrow, snout in the air as he looks for any sign of the large creature. Alastor quickly catches a smell and moves to a tree, noticing the tremendous gashes torn across the bark. Calix, noticing the gashes seemed largely uncomfortable. He was certainly not a battler, and the idea of large carnivorous dragon frightened him. The prized pet climbed off the Rapidash, looking around. Initially, he had been looking for a way out... but his senses were getting the better of him. His fur bristled as he moved forward, claws at the ready before-

Calix's meow caught Olivia's attention, she had not even realized that the Meowth had left the steed. "Calix?!" She called out, looking around. She spotted Calix, jumped by a small blue dragon on the ground. As she went to run for her beloved cat, three larger dragons jumped out. Harrow's brow furrowed as he called out that there was an ambush. Alastor rushed forward, ready to fight. Olivia looked afraid, but quickly pulled out a Pink Pokeball, tossing it to the ground. A small Mawile burst out, her black plant head snapped at the dragons.

"Eris!" Called out Olivia to the Mawile, "Rush at that first Gabite and hit it with an Astonish! Follow it up with a Fairy Wind!" She turned her attention to the Lucario, "Al! Go for a Dragon Pulse!" She yelled out. He nodded, jumping in beside his old sparring companion --- ready to assist her.

---

Meanwhile, Calix struggled with the Gible. 'Get offa me!' He mewled out, Chopping the Gible in the throat to try to throw it off. He continued to furiously Flailed around in the snow, trying to toss the dragon off.
__________________

tumblr fizzy bubbles last.fm toyhou.se
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#0573

Last edited by Naru; 04-25-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #136
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,681
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meetan: Surrounded by angry tribesmen and ears still ringing, you opt to take things carefully and raise your arms in some form of surrender, while keeping an eye on the situation and analyzing your position. Conveying your lack of hearing, you were still mentally willing to go down fighting, in spite of the spears pointed your way, having had blood on your hands before, and would be willing to spill more even if you were utterly outmatched. Lorin shakily stands by your side, battered but capable of defending you if things got dire. The men stand their ground, remaining defensive but blocking any avenue of escape, yet your hearing seems to pick up some sort of faint whine, much like a whistle of some sort playing a small yet catchy tune. Lorin too picks up on this, and the grass pokemon feels more relaxed, as your body lightens and you find it difficult to remain conscious, though whether that would be through your blood sugars or the grass starter's other hand blowing through its leaves is another thing. Your vision blurs as you feel yourself slump forward, and you close your eyes, if just for a second to try and get this dizzy feeling out of them...

...you open them again to find you and Lorin in what appears to be a village of sorts, with significantly more hustle and bustle, and a few more impressively dressed figures apparently debating something. One of them points towards you and makes a sort of rising gesture with his hands, and as you try and move you find that you're restrained to something and your legs are a little itchy. Daring to look down, you blanche upon spotting the dry straw beneath you and a couple of tribesmen standing with smouldering torches, staring at you with difficult to read expressions. No, surely not...you look around, panicked for Lorin only to spot the Lotad sitting in a woven basket, the pink pokemon slumbering deeply.

A loud drumming sound drills into your head as someone beats on a drum and what seems to be the entire village turns their attention towards you on your funeral pyre, before the dressed men approach you. One of them - the man who gave the sort of motions from before - stands back, arms folded in front of him and a stern look on his face while another wearing a large metallic mask reminiscent of the face of a Bronzong steps forward. The village falls silent before the man turns and begins to address the crowd. The people murmur amidst themselves and a couple of them jeer, seemingly to hurry up and put the witch to the torch, only for the man to raise his hand once more. He then turns towards you, and in straight english, speaks.

"Stranger, you have the opportunity to speak your defence. Are you affiliated in any way with that human who fled, and if not, for what reason have you came to the Leniazom in a time of peril?"

The crackle of the torches reminding you of what awaits you if you fail to appease the tribesman, what say you?
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:25 PM   #137
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- With Hugo fast asleep and dreaming of who knows what, Swinub takes it upon himself to put the Shiinotic back to sleep. Sure, it was partly his fault that his trainer was dreaming up a storm, but he shouldn't have been standing in the way! Anyways, he was likely enjoying all the attention he was getting from the Heidi, the woman was shaking him fiercely, trying to stir him from his slumber.

The young Swinub racks its brain, trying to scrounge up any information his mother had taught him about Shiinotic. He knew it was a Grass type at least, and maybe a Fairy type? Either way, the Grass part was more important. He kicks up a Mud Slap, landing a direct hit on the sleep inducing shroom. As the Shiinotic claws at its eyes, Swinub lays on the damage, firing Icicle Spears into the Shiinotic's body. If he continued to hit it in the body and not its cap, he could reduce the chance of knocking more Spores loose! The blow was Super Effective, and the Shiinotic was showing signs of pain, however this is somewhat alleviated when it sucks up nutrients through its Ingrained roots. The Shiinotic is enraged by the mud in its eyes and begins to wildly fire off Sludge Bombs. Thankfully the inaccuracy allows Swinub to dodge most of the blasts, however he does still take a bit of damage.

As you look over your fainted Pokemon, the ground begins to shake as something begins to exit the cave. You tremble in fear as a cold mist begins to seep from the cavern, ushering the fearsome threat that was slowly approaching. Would you stay and face the beast by yourself or collect your Pokemon and flee?

"Hugo", a voice calls out from behind you, but you can't see anything or anyone. "Wake up Hugo, you need to wake up!"
Aw geez! This is so gross!

Swinub did not like the Sludge Bomb remnants that got on him. The Pig tried to shake it free, but no use. It clung to his fur and that smell? If a woodland fur pig thinks it stinks, you KNOW it stinks. No time for hygiene though. Hugo was still down so Swinub would need to take Shiinotic down on his own.

Oh you like that? Well how about a little Tackle! And then some ANCIENTPOWER!

Meanwhile…

Hugo was horrified. His team had fallen at his feet. All of them completely demolished. Kingler. Nidoking. Houndoom. Rapidash. Everyone of them decimated. What could have done something like this? Was the legend true? Was this the Edelweiss Guardian? Had Hugo’s foolishness finally caught up with him? His cocksureness and naivete finally got them all killed. And now he was next. With no one left to protect him, Hugo braced himself for whatever was coming for him from that cave. Hugo was terrified, but also felt a wave of acceptance wash over him. He had lead his team to slaughter. Not just his team but his companions, his best friends, his family. And now they were gone. And if they were gone, especially at his hand, he may not be able to get out of this but he wasn’t going to let them go in vain. Hugo was ready to accept his fate.

“Hugo….Hugo, you need to wake up!”

The voice called to him, but he couldn’t see anyone. Was this a trick from the Guardian? No. He felt the voice in his heart. He needed to listen. He needed to wake up.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:34 AM   #138
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: Surrounded by angry tribesmen and ears still ringing, you opt to take things carefully and raise your arms in some form of surrender, while keeping an eye on the situation and analyzing your position. Conveying your lack of hearing, you were still mentally willing to go down fighting, in spite of the spears pointed your way, having had blood on your hands before, and would be willing to spill more even if you were utterly outmatched. Lorin shakily stands by your side, battered but capable of defending you if things got dire. The men stand their ground, remaining defensive but blocking any avenue of escape, yet your hearing seems to pick up some sort of faint whine, much like a whistle of some sort playing a small yet catchy tune. Lorin too picks up on this, and the grass pokemon feels more relaxed, as your body lightens and you find it difficult to remain conscious, though whether that would be through your blood sugars or the grass starter's other hand blowing through its leaves is another thing. Your vision blurs as you feel yourself slump forward, and you close your eyes, if just for a second to try and get this dizzy feeling out of them...

...you open them again to find you and Lorin in what appears to be a village of sorts, with significantly more hustle and bustle, and a few more impressively dressed figures apparently debating something. One of them points towards you and makes a sort of rising gesture with his hands, and as you try and move you find that you're restrained to something and your legs are a little itchy. Daring to look down, you blanche upon spotting the dry straw beneath you and a couple of tribesmen standing with smouldering torches, staring at you with difficult to read expressions. No, surely not...you look around, panicked for Lorin only to spot the Lotad sitting in a woven basket, the pink pokemon slumbering deeply.

A loud drumming sound drills into your head as someone beats on a drum and what seems to be the entire village turns their attention towards you on your funeral pyre, before the dressed men approach you. One of them - the man who gave the sort of motions from before - stands back, arms folded in front of him and a stern look on his face while another wearing a large metallic mask reminiscent of the face of a Bronzong steps forward. The village falls silent before the man turns and begins to address the crowd. The people murmur amidst themselves and a couple of them jeer, seemingly to hurry up and put the witch to the torch, only for the man to raise his hand once more. He then turns towards you, and in straight english, speaks.

"Stranger, you have the opportunity to speak your defence. Are you affiliated in any way with that human who fled, and if not, for what reason have you came to the Leniazom in a time of peril?"

The crackle of the torches reminding you of what awaits you if you fail to appease the tribesman, what say you?
They were in a life or death situation, and yet Alice Hope was still able to fall asleep. Fancy that. Her high school friends wouldn't have even been surprised, with how often she'd slept through registration period and French back then. Of course it hadn't occurred to her that the slumber was forced, at least not until she was roused awake, startled by the noise of hustle and bustle. Wherever they were, there were a lot of people here, and Alice quickly noticed that it was not for a good reason-- at least not for her.

Fire was her biggest fear, and so men armed with torches were not something she liked, especially not when she was tied to a very flammable straw bed. They were debating her life or death, and it was clear on which decision the onlookers favoured. Alice felt sick, terrified, and tears prickled at her eyelids. Lorin was going to wake up to her screams, and for what? Because she had come to a place that was supposedly open to the public? What the hell had she done wrong besides defend herself from attack?

"All that guy did was run past me and tell me to run for my life! I saw something moving in the bushes, figured it was something bad so I ran! I have no idea who he is or what he was doing, I just wasn't taking chances!" Alice explained frantically, her voice loud in her panic, "You can use a psychic Pokemon if you like, they'll let you know I'm telling the truth and my Lotad would confirm it, too! We came here because I've had a lot of things happen in my life lately that I don't understand, and I thought that maybe if I could overcome some of the forest's trials, maybe one of the Cradle's gods would help me understand!"

She could feel her breathing accelerate, heart pounding so hard that she could hear it banging in her ears. Fire never sat well with her, but it was like she'd been in this situation before, and memories flashed before her eyes. Phantom Isle, the theme park, angered ghosts - Chandelure among them. She never truly remembered what happened afterwards. What if they'd burned her? Oh god, what if they'd burned her and she was going to burn again? Not like this. She couldn't go out like this, not again--!
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #139
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Naru- You manage to keep your composure despite the ambush, making a wise decision as you release your Mawile from her ball. Eris quickly rushes to Alastor's aid, Astonishing the closest Gabite. As the dragon flinches, the Mawile follows up with a Fairy Wind, causing it to tumble backwards against the strength of the Super Effective move. Alastor jumps over to cover Eris' flank, pushing both palms forward as he launches a Dragon Pulse at an approaching Gabite. The would be attacker is met with a powerful Super Effective hit, which leaves it reeling but far from defeated. Harrow issues orders to his Gogoat, urging it onto the offensive.

"Gogoat, Bounce one into the ground, then follow with a Zen Headbutt!" The Gogoat bellows as it leaps high into the air, before quickly coming back down on top of the third Gabite. The dragon is crushed beneath the Grass type's weight, but quickly digs into the ground, disappearing into the compacted earth. Gogoat stands ready, waiting for the Gabite to reemerge. As the dragon erupts from the ground, the Kalosian native slams its glowing head into it, knocking it into a nearby tree. "These Gabite don't show the same signs of corruption as the Garchomp, perhaps they're just trying to protect it?" Harrow made a good point, none of the Pokemon that had ambushed you look misshapen like the Garchomp.

While you keep the Gabite occupied, Calix brawls with the lone Gible. The smaller dragon bites down on Calix's arm, prompting the Dark typed Meowth to knock it free with a powerful Throat Chop. The pair continued to exchange blows, Calix flailing around haphazardly to keep the Gible at arms length.

The Gabite's soon recover and recollect themselves, sharing a look before approaching your Pokemon once more, prepared to go on the offensive.


King Ghidorah- Swinub watches as its trainer's body shows signs of movement, at least he wasn't dead! He still wasn't awake though, that meant that it was still his job to take down this Shiinotic. The little pig rushes forward, tackling the Shiinotic, but he quickly realises he has made a mistake. Until now he'd kept his distance, preventing the Shiinotic from getting close due to its ingrained roots. However he now found himself in the mushroom's arms the Grass type now draining his strength. It showed no signs of letting go, even as he fired an Ancient Power into it at close range. The boost would have been really useful in this situation, but luck wasn't on his side, he'd have to find a way out of this on his own. Things only get worse as the Shiinotic begins to glow brightly, striking him with a Dazzling Gleam! He needed the help of his trainer, but Hugo was still out of it....

Lost and willing to accept your fate, a voice calls you back to the realm of the conscious. Your eyes open slowly, you give them a few rubs before sitting up, it was all just a dream? You notice Heidi on her knees beside you, a relieved look on her face as you rise to your feet. Looking over to the Shiinotic, you're shocked to see Swinub caught in its embrace, the Swinub struggling wildly as it tries to get free. It had been fighting despite your slumber, but if it was to overcome this adversary, it would need the expert instruction of its trainer!

"Thank Cresselia you're okay Hugo", Heidi breathes a sigh of relief as she stands up beside you. "The Shiinotic's spores knocked you unconscious, Swinub has been trying to fight it in your absence. He was fighting well until now, I'm afraid the Shiinotic will drain him of his strength if he doesn't get free soon."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #140
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,681
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meetan: To say your reaction to the prospect of being burned at the stake was dramatic would be an understatement. With the Bronzong masked figure silent and your mind moving at speeds that would make a Ninjask think twice, you practically shriek your defence to the village, one or two of the tribespeople wincing at your sudden frantic outburst, all the while the masked figures watch and listen. As you finish your statement and offer your mind on a silver platter to whatever psychic pokemon sought it, the man stands silent for a few seconds, seconds that feel like hours to you as the crackling torches held by your potential executioners raise some memories you'd rather were left buried in another region.

The Bronzong man turns to his fellow tribesmen and communes with them in their tongue once more, seemingly explaining what you had said, and the stern figure stares at you for an uncomfortably long time, contemplating what you had said...before closing his eyes and giving a defeated sigh. He then waves his hands towards the men with the torches who approach you, having placed the torches at the side as the masked man speaks out to the crowd. The reaction of the villagers is mostly mixed, with one or two of them leaving, disappointed that you weren't engulfed in hot death while a few others sit down, dejected.

A slight tension in your arms and a rasping sound catches your attention, swiftly followed by you tumbling forward as you're cut free from the stake, landing hands and knees before the masked man and his compatriots, who gaze down upon you. The masked man motions towards Lorin, and one of the men goes to collect the pink pokemon before placing the basket by you. Your relief to see the Lotad unharmed fairly quickly turns to some confusion as the lily pad pokemon opens his eyes, looking up at you a little bleary, before continuing to stare in your direction with some puzzlement.

"Your vacant expression tells enough of your innocence..." the masked figure states, giving his head a small shake. "If it is guidance of Torr you seek, then we, the Zl'ana of Lythan'Torr, shall provide you with what we have. In return, we ask of your own expertise as an outsider. Your pokemon merely requires rest, it is not often that we find something capable of withstanding a full power Hyper Beam from Vibrava. Ah, but you're curious as to my knowledge of your language. We should head for my hut, and we will explain our plight..."

The man lowers his hand to you, seemingly giving you some support to your feet, as you've been spared by the Lythanki people, in exchange for some help. What that help is remains unknown to you, but judging by the looks on some of the Zl'anaian faces, things seem desperate. What will you do?
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #141
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: To say your reaction to the prospect of being burned at the stake was dramatic would be an understatement. With the Bronzong masked figure silent and your mind moving at speeds that would make a Ninjask think twice, you practically shriek your defence to the village, one or two of the tribespeople wincing at your sudden frantic outburst, all the while the masked figures watch and listen. As you finish your statement and offer your mind on a silver platter to whatever psychic pokemon sought it, the man stands silent for a few seconds, seconds that feel like hours to you as the crackling torches held by your potential executioners raise some memories you'd rather were left buried in another region.

The Bronzong man turns to his fellow tribesmen and communes with them in their tongue once more, seemingly explaining what you had said, and the stern figure stares at you for an uncomfortably long time, contemplating what you had said...before closing his eyes and giving a defeated sigh. He then waves his hands towards the men with the torches who approach you, having placed the torches at the side as the masked man speaks out to the crowd. The reaction of the villagers is mostly mixed, with one or two of them leaving, disappointed that you weren't engulfed in hot death while a few others sit down, dejected.

A slight tension in your arms and a rasping sound catches your attention, swiftly followed by you tumbling forward as you're cut free from the stake, landing hands and knees before the masked man and his compatriots, who gaze down upon you. The masked man motions towards Lorin, and one of the men goes to collect the pink pokemon before placing the basket by you. Your relief to see the Lotad unharmed fairly quickly turns to some confusion as the lily pad pokemon opens his eyes, looking up at you a little bleary, before continuing to stare in your direction with some puzzlement.

"Your vacant expression tells enough of your innocence..." the masked figure states, giving his head a small shake. "If it is guidance of Torr you seek, then we, the Zl'ana of Lythan'Torr, shall provide you with what we have. In return, we ask of your own expertise as an outsider. Your pokemon merely requires rest, it is not often that we find something capable of withstanding a full power Hyper Beam from Vibrava. Ah, but you're curious as to my knowledge of your language. We should head for my hut, and we will explain our plight..."

The man lowers his hand to you, seemingly giving you some support to your feet, as you've been spared by the Lythanki people, in exchange for some help. What that help is remains unknown to you, but judging by the looks on some of the Zl'anaian faces, things seem desperate. What will you do?
While Alice was in no rush to die, at the same time, the anticipation was a form of torture in herself. She was not remaining composed at all, sniffling rather pathetically - but understandably, she was not far off from an ordinary citizen in the end, and not many of those could stare death in the face like this and avoid crying about it - as she awaited judgement. It seemed to rule in her favour, and her blue eyes flit between the audience and those guarding her. The fact that people looked disappointed that she'd live said a lot. Wankers.

Cut loose, the young woman tumbled forward with a grunt and a sharp exhale. She breathed deeply, peering up at the masked individual who was acting as a translator. At least some people were bloody reasonable. Part of her felt petty, like she shouldn't help them, but ultimately the goodness and curiosity in Alice won out. It would be better to maintain a positive relationship with these people anyway if she wanted to avoid a repeat incident.

Lorin was exhausted, but seeing his trainer in distress was upsetting. He had no clue what was going on, but Alice didn't look good, and he questioned her timidly. "It's okay-- I'm fine. We're fine now." She comforted, briefly taking him into her trembling arms. "And yeah. We can hear you out at least. We've fought a lot of big stuff, my Pokemon are all pretty solid battlers." As she said this, Alice reached for his hand. Only, when she started to stand up, she realised just how woozy she felt and dropped down again. They had really shaken her up.

"Just... Give me a minute. Hah." This wasn't helping to convince Lorin that she was 'fine', but after a few slow and deep breaths, Alice managed to slowly get herself to her feet. "Do you have my bag?" They weren't doing any adventuring or consulting without her inventory and other Pokemon, so hopefully they hadn't preemptively started distributing her shit. That wouldn't be cool at all.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:07 AM   #142
Lil'twick
Warrior of Darkness
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norvrant
Posts: 2,937
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
[color=chartreuse]

Lil'twick: The stars in the sky beckon you, and your childhood dreams easily squash any notion of rational thought in your head as you release Sprinkles, the Morelull cheery in your arm as you bend your knees. If you were going to reach for the stars, you had better make this jump count. Pushing off the earth, you feel yourself soaring, defying the very laws of gravity with the same level of anarchy as some of your old friends back in Po Town, and before you know it the stars above you only seem to grow in number as you fly closer and closer to them.

Sprinkles makes something of a nervous hum, but your senses are dull to his concerns as you fly further and further from the ground below you, entranced by the countless stars in your vision. To the mushroom, the realm of Zalfarthas grows smaller and smaller, but to you the experience is like your dreams as you are surrounded by the specks of light, twinkling like diamonds. No longer flying but rather floating, you tenderly extend your arm out towards a small clump of the twinkling lights, and place your hand around them gently. The warmth the stars in your hand are like the perfect cake, filling you with a strange sort of joy, and as you bring the stars towards Sprinkles, it is then that you realise just how high up you are among the stars.

The ground you once stood on is nothing but a floating island, and you instinctively whirl on the spot so that the island is now above you, a strange sparkling moon as you lay within an ocean of stars. Some of the stars beneath you begin to move, dragging you and Sprinkles along with them, yet the sensation is akin to a gentle trip down a river. It is at this point that you realise you are alone with your thoughts and dreams, and as you begin to think on life your wandering eyes fall upon a small creature flying above you, a beautiful flower in its arms unlike any you have ever seen. The creature seems to pay no heed to you, and floats towards a particularly dense cluster of stars. While it would be wonderful to simply float among the stars, you do have to question whether you are curious enough to see what the creature was and where it was going.
All he could feel was the joy of stars around him. They felt warm... Soft... Like a freshly baked cake with just the right amount of moisture. All of his earthly thoughts and desires seemed to melt away, and he just enjoyed his time floating in the stars. The land below him was now a distant moon... Seeming like a far off memory. This place was bliss, and he felt if he could... He'd just stay here forever. That would be a pleasant experience. Though, Sprinkles was with him... He could always have the little mushroom join him in this experience.

As he pulled some stars towards Sprinkles, he felt he was starting to drift along them... Like he was floating down a river. It was a tranquil feeling, and he just let himself float through the sea of stars. And as his body drifted through the "water" his mind drifted through his dreams. Of all the things he wished to do, and what he wanted out of his life. It was...calming, an experience that transcended human worry.

As he drifted, he saw a small creature float above him, holding this otherworldly, beautiful flower. He couldn't tell what it was exactly from this angle, but it was the first thing he saw since he jumped. Though, it didn't notice him, or if it did it ignored him. It was more focused on this dense cluster of stars. He felt a desire to go towards it, but at the same time did not want to give up this feeling of drifting. Yet, if a small amount was as warm as a cake, then with a cluster like that... Leo nodded his head, and holding Sprinkles close he started to swim towards the cluster. Whatever was there, he had a feeling he'd enjoy it.
__________________


So Baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover,
I'll go everywhere you go,
From Chicago to the Coast.

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #143
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

King Ghidorah- Swinub watches as its trainer's body shows signs of movement, at least he wasn't dead! He still wasn't awake though, that meant that it was still his job to take down this Shiinotic. The little pig rushes forward, tackling the Shiinotic, but he quickly realises he has made a mistake. Until now he'd kept his distance, preventing the Shiinotic from getting close due to its ingrained roots. However he now found himself in the mushroom's arms the Grass type now draining his strength. It showed no signs of letting go, even as he fired an Ancient Power into it at close range. The boost would have been really useful in this situation, but luck wasn't on his side, he'd have to find a way out of this on his own. Things only get worse as the Shiinotic begins to glow brightly, striking him with a Dazzling Gleam! He needed the help of his trainer, but Hugo was still out of it....

Lost and willing to accept your fate, a voice calls you back to the realm of the conscious. Your eyes open slowly, you give them a few rubs before sitting up, it was all just a dream? You notice Heidi on her knees beside you, a relieved look on her face as you rise to your feet. Looking over to the Shiinotic, you're shocked to see Swinub caught in its embrace, the Swinub struggling wildly as it tries to get free. It had been fighting despite your slumber, but if it was to overcome this adversary, it would need the expert instruction of its trainer!

"Thank Cresselia you're okay Hugo", Heidi breathes a sigh of relief as she stands up beside you. "The Shiinotic's spores knocked you unconscious, Swinub has been trying to fight it in your absence. He was fighting well until now, I'm afraid the Shiinotic will drain him of his strength if he doesn't get free soon."
“I saw it,” said Hugo frantically, scrambling to his feet. “I saw it. I saw the Guardian.”

He knew he sounded either crazy or on drugs, and given that he was dealing with a Shiinotic, perhaps it was both. But despite that, Hugo knew what he had seen.

“I…I had a vision. I was surrounded by carnage. All of my partners…they had fallen. I was the only one left….and it was coming for me. It was coming for me, Heidi. Thunder. Fire. Ice. All of it. I should be afraid. I should be terrified..but I’m…I’m not. I need to get to the top of that mountain. I need to face this monster. I feel like…I feel like it might be my destiny.”

And while it was all well and good that Hugo was having a lifechanging epiphany about his place in the cosmos (as mushrooms tend to provide), Swinub would be toast if he didn’t act quickly. The Ice type had fought valiantly in Hugo’s absence, but he was young and eventually had his wits outmatched by the Shiinotic. He defended Hugo and now Hugo needed to return the favor. The Pig Pokemon flailed wildly as it tried to escape the Shiinotic’s grasp, having been blinded by a Dazzling Gleam. The same move Hugo used to throw Swinub off track when he captured him back in the forest. Hugo knew he was in trouble.

“Alright, Swinub. It’s me. It’s Hugo. You’re going to be okay. Just calm down and focus. Focus on the Shiinotic. Use your nose, not your eyes. Find it with Odor Sleuth. Then blast yourself free with Icicle Spear! You got this! I believe in you!”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #144
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,681
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meetan: Shaken and unsteady after your somewhat traumatic experience, your attempt to make your way to your feet with the support of the masked man goes poorly as you collapse, and asking for a moment to recuperate the man gives a nod, stepping back and raising his arm towards what is presumably his hut. Compared to the other village dwellings, his is somewhat more glamourous, with intricate banners hanging from the mudstone walls and a pair of sconces at the entryway, giving the impression that the masked man is in a position of some power within the tribe. Upon asking for your bag, the stern man gives a grunt before another tribesman procures your belongings from a nearby table, and a quick check reveals everything is in order. Taking the man's invitation, you follow him into his building, and quickly learn what sort of role he serves the villagers.

The hut is divided into two rooms, with a back room covered in woven leaf fronds forming a makeshift screen, while the one you find yourself in appears to be some sort of hospital or resting quarters. Beds of straw lie here and there, with most of them occupied by other people, as well as a couple of pokemon here and there. All of them look at you and the masked figure blankly, and a couple of them seem to squint, as if trying to make out your shape, a sign of visual impairment of some sort. Continuing through the screen, you find that the man's quarters are a far cry from the rest of the village, with a modern healing machine for pokemon, a couple of small machines with unknown purpose, as well as some traditional workstations with a small apocethary setup and a corner of the room reserved for sleeping quarters. The stern man also enters, arms crossed and expression slightly softened, and he takes a position at the entrance, leaning against the frame as the masked man turns to face you.

"As you may have surmised, I'm not originally from this land. Years ago I came to the glades to study the flora and fauna of the forest, and happened upon some wounded tribespeople," the masked man begins. "Tending to their wounds, they brought me back to their village where my medical skills helped earn their respect, and over time the Zl'ana people accepted me as one of their own. I've since lived and learned from their ways, serving as their shaman and medicine man, to follow in the ways of Torr. In return, I brought them some support for small trading, as well as establishing a more modernised medical centre for them and their pokemon, something which has been somewhat of contention but otherwise allowed."

The man, in demonstrating his foreign origins, removes the hefty mask from his head, revealiing a somewhat aged face, green eyes a contrast to the brown tones of the villagers and greying hair evidence of maturity. "Nowadays, the people of the cradle call me Ko-phia - meaning man of charity - and I have resided here, dispensing wisdom of the outside world to the Zl'ana for around two decades. However..." he trails, some dejection in his voice, "for all of my knowledge, I have not seen a situation like this. Chief Omuo, if you could...?"

The stern man - apparently the Omuo he had mentioned - gives a nod before opening the frond screen to show you the people and pokemon once more, as Ko-phia continues. "Of late, there have been some unusual cases of people and pokemon falling sick, and while recovery has been steady, we have reason to believe that a curse has been set upon us. The sickness is trivial, and some simple rest and traditional antipoison measures serve well enough to alleviate the nausea...but the aftereffects have been terrifying. People have changed behaviour drastically, and pokemon have had sudden mood swings. What was once a cheerful yet wise tribesperson has became spiteful and untrustworthy, while another who was once stoic as the mountain is now an emotional wreck, incapable of conversing or focusing on tasks..."

"The chief and I have discussed the matter with some of our neighbouring tribes along the Leniazom, and while they believe a curse has been set upon us by someone, I believe the issue lies outwith the tribal customs. That man who you say you have no affiliation with claimed to be able to remove that curse, but asked us to abandon our lands, stating the curse lay within the soil. As you could see, we disagreed. Harshly."

Ko-phia takes a breath, putting ceremonial mask back on, before turning to you. "Myself and Omuo were debating the ethics of a sacrifice to Torr with the elders of the other tribes, but ultimately we opted not to go through with it, even for moral support. Truth to be told, I had a dream of your arrival through smoke and darkness, to dispel the troubles of our people and to root out the true cause of this curse, and had to persuade the other elders to reconsider spilling your blood. It would go against tradition, but I feel that Torr may have cast you in our direction to discover the truth of our plight, and while the chief may not see things the same way, deep down inside I feel he harbours some level of trust towards you."

As if on cue, Omuo gives a grunt and a slight roll of the eyes, the imposing figure seemingly resigned to heeding his shaman's wisdom. "While none of the Zl'ana can talk our language, I serve as translator as you may have guessed, and if fate has brought you here, then who are we to throw a lifeline to the fires but fools? We ask for your aid in finding out the truth, and I am certain that if this favour is fulfilled, that Torr would find fit to reward you, if not personally then with His favour. If you wish, we have a scouting party ready to head upstream to one of our neighbouring tribes, who claim to have found something of interest that supports this curse theory."

With that said, the pair look at you, awaiting your response to their proposition now that you've heard their piece. It would of course be rude not to at least have a small look into things and if it helps curry respect from Omuo, then why not?


Lil'twick: Adrift amidst the astral atoms, your curiosity piques your tranquil mind just enough to set your course after the unusual pokemon, and you gently flutter your little feet in the direction of the star cluster, keen on experiencing what was within under duress that if a small cluster was a wonderful cake in your hand, then being within said cake would be beyond dreams...as long as nobody was eating it. Flowing towards the cluster, you close your eyes callmly and breathe deeply as you near it, the warmth on your face and body reminiscent of opening an oven to another culinary masterpiece, and as the light engulfs you, you almost feel like the baked product you just pulled out...

When you open your eyes, you find yourself floating within clouds, a soft sensation of being pulled taking your attention to the inexplicable island floating before you, like something out of a fairy tale. The edges of the island twinkle with starlight, verdant grass before you and countless colours of flowers across a great meadow, with one large and majestic oak standing in the centre of it all. Sprinkles begins to panic at the fact that gravity suddenly has a hold of the pair of you, and your descent seems to increase in acceleration, but you pay no heed to this, transfixed by the beauty of it all. Squeezing his little eyes shut, the Morelull prepares to become mushroom paste alongside the aspiring baker they call their trainer...

...but instead of leaving a sizable crater in the ground, you instead impact the earth and bounce back up, as if the land itself is made of bubbles or foam, replete with that little squeak that inflatable toys make. A few bounces later, the pair of you are on terra sorta firma, and it is then that you are brought out of your entranced state, only to enter an entirely different one as your hands feel the supple grass and the incredible aroma of many flowers assaults your nostrils. You question if you had died and went to the heavens, yet as you lay on your back in bliss, you hear a small voice, slightly panicked.

"Oh heavens above, what will I do? The prince's day of bloom is today and my gift to them isn't ready yet!"

Finding some strength somehow to lift yourself to a sitting position, you pinpoint the voice to a small flower, bobbing left and right in front of a small hillock, a strangely familiar warmth emanating from it as well as the unmistakable odour of dough. Taking a closer look, you find the owner of said voice to inexplicably be a very tiny pixie drifting on a pretty little blue flower, the Flabebe in a tizz over something. A longer glance reveals a few small puffs of pollen, as well as revealing the hillock to be a small bakery of sorts. The tiny pokemon's panic quickly turns to shock when they spot you, and you swear that they nearly keel over at the sight of your large-in-comparison form.

"Eeep! Please don't eat me!"

What on...wherever you are...will you do?
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #145
Lil'twick
Warrior of Darkness
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norvrant
Posts: 2,937
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Lil'twick: Adrift amidst the astral atoms, your curiosity piques your tranquil mind just enough to set your course after the unusual pokemon, and you gently flutter your little feet in the direction of the star cluster, keen on experiencing what was within under duress that if a small cluster was a wonderful cake in your hand, then being within said cake would be beyond dreams...as long as nobody was eating it. Flowing towards the cluster, you close your eyes callmly and breathe deeply as you near it, the warmth on your face and body reminiscent of opening an oven to another culinary masterpiece, and as the light engulfs you, you almost feel like the baked product you just pulled out...

When you open your eyes, you find yourself floating within clouds, a soft sensation of being pulled taking your attention to the inexplicable island floating before you, like something out of a fairy tale. The edges of the island twinkle with starlight, verdant grass before you and countless colours of flowers across a great meadow, with one large and majestic oak standing in the centre of it all. Sprinkles begins to panic at the fact that gravity suddenly has a hold of the pair of you, and your descent seems to increase in acceleration, but you pay no heed to this, transfixed by the beauty of it all. Squeezing his little eyes shut, the Morelull prepares to become mushroom paste alongside the aspiring baker they call their trainer...

...but instead of leaving a sizable crater in the ground, you instead impact the earth and bounce back up, as if the land itself is made of bubbles or foam, replete with that little squeak that inflatable toys make. A few bounces later, the pair of you are on terra sorta firma, and it is then that you are brought out of your entranced state, only to enter an entirely different one as your hands feel the supple grass and the incredible aroma of many flowers assaults your nostrils. You question if you had died and went to the heavens, yet as you lay on your back in bliss, you hear a small voice, slightly panicked.

"Oh heavens above, what will I do? The prince's day of bloom is today and my gift to them isn't ready yet!"

Finding some strength somehow to lift yourself to a sitting position, you pinpoint the voice to a small flower, bobbing left and right in front of a small hillock, a strangely familiar warmth emanating from it as well as the unmistakable odour of dough. Taking a closer look, you find the owner of said voice to inexplicably be a very tiny pixie drifting on a pretty little blue flower, the Flabebe in a tizz over something. A longer glance reveals a few small puffs of pollen, as well as revealing the hillock to be a small bakery of sorts. The tiny pokemon's panic quickly turns to shock when they spot you, and you swear that they nearly keel over at the sight of your large-in-comparison form.

"Eeep! Please don't eat me!"

What on...wherever you are...will you do?

Leo watched with amazement as the world around him seemed to transform. It felt he was being baked into a nice, delicious cake and all feelings besides warmth and joy seemed to melt away. He was oblivious to Sprinkles' obvious discontent at the situation, and if he actually was in a sound state of mind he'd realize that the mushroom would be having a panic attack at this point. But he didn't. After all, he was too busy enjoying his own bliss to really care about anything or anyone else.

Soon, Leo gets engulfed in a bright flash of light and seems to emerge in a sea of clouds. The stars were no more, and the sky was a bright blue. In front of him, a floating island sat on the horizon. It seemed to shimmer and sparkle in the light, and he felt a tug on his body to go towards it. Well, it became less like a tug and more a dragging feeling as his body got closer and closer to the island. He couldn't feel anything besides bliss, since he was too enraptured with the island to notice he was being pulled towards it at mach speed. Sprinkles, however, was screaming his little mushroom head off, convinced he was about to be turned into paste.

The two soon impacted into the island... and promptly bounced off, with the island letting out a large squeak as the touched it. This process repeated a few times before Leo and Sprinkles are back on the ground. The haziness of bliss leaves Leo's mind at this point, and he sees a field of grasses and flowers in front of him. And at the center of this meadow was a gigantic oak tree. It felt like he walked straight into the pages of a fairy tale.

Looking around, Leo hears a small voice from... somewhere. It seemed to be worrying over something. A prince's bloom? There was a prince here? Looking around for a voice, Leo notices a small flower seeming to fidget in front of a mound. Looking more closely, it seemed to be a small pixie... It looked familiar. It was a Flabebe, and it seemed to be holding a blue flower. But... Pokemon couldn't talk, could they?

Shaking that thought off, he could smell dough. It seemed this little place was a bakery? The puffs of pollen seemed like it. As he continued ot examine the small bakery, it seemed the Flabebe took notice of him and screamed in shock, asking Leo to not eat it. Seeing the reaction, Leo thinks of something to try and say to calm the thing.

"I, uh, I'm not going to eat you. I was just... Curious about what you were making. It smells pretty nice," he chuckles.

"Hmm, I could help out!" He exclaims, and rummages through his bag for another Pokeball. Tossing it up in the air, a Cutiefly appears and starts buzzing around the flowers.

"Hey Honey!" Leo calls out towards the Pokemon, catching its attention. " Could you use your Honey Gather ability to gather us some honey and pollen please?" He asked the Cutiefly.

Leo then turns to the Flabebe, who seems to still be reeling.

"I'm Leo! Nice to meetcha~ You said there was some bloom thing happening and you were making a gift? I'm a pretty good baker myself, if you want me to help out!"
__________________


So Baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover,
I'll go everywhere you go,
From Chicago to the Coast.

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:05 AM   #146
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 401
[Kawaii: Last update


TKF:


After giving your pokemon some tasked to preform, you pulled out a sitrus berry and tried to feed the Riolu, Bayleafs aromatherapy soon wafted throughout the whole room bring a sense of calmness and some healing attributes with it.

Wartortle soon found a bowl and filled it up with water, bringing it back over to you and the Riolu, who feebly drank from the bowl and ate bits from the berry.

It was almost as if the emotion pokemon had been or was starved, how and why was not clear... Though the Riolu himself may be able to explain as some Riolu were noted for telepathic prowess though only beyond that of most humans and pokemon. Not nessicarly beyond that of a pure psychic type though....

"pl ... .. ... please..... ... help
please help me...
"

A very faint voice called out to you directly from the emotion pokemon.

What help was needed? It was obvious that help was wanted, but of what kind

That's when you got a closer look at the pokemon, and what you saw stired some primal emotion deep inside you.
There were markings around the riolus neck as if it was tightly bound with ropes or chains, chaffing and caked blood,
And not only that but there was brusing on his paws too.

Someone took him and kept him bound and starving with barely enough water to keep him alive...
Why would any trainer Keep their pokemon partners like that?!?

What will you do?
There are a few things you could do...
Like take the Riolu to get treated immediately.

__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #147
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: Shaken and unsteady after your somewhat traumatic experience, your attempt to make your way to your feet with the support of the masked man goes poorly as you collapse, and asking for a moment to recuperate the man gives a nod, stepping back and raising his arm towards what is presumably his hut. Compared to the other village dwellings, his is somewhat more glamourous, with intricate banners hanging from the mudstone walls and a pair of sconces at the entryway, giving the impression that the masked man is in a position of some power within the tribe. Upon asking for your bag, the stern man gives a grunt before another tribesman procures your belongings from a nearby table, and a quick check reveals everything is in order. Taking the man's invitation, you follow him into his building, and quickly learn what sort of role he serves the villagers.

The hut is divided into two rooms, with a back room covered in woven leaf fronds forming a makeshift screen, while the one you find yourself in appears to be some sort of hospital or resting quarters. Beds of straw lie here and there, with most of them occupied by other people, as well as a couple of pokemon here and there. All of them look at you and the masked figure blankly, and a couple of them seem to squint, as if trying to make out your shape, a sign of visual impairment of some sort. Continuing through the screen, you find that the man's quarters are a far cry from the rest of the village, with a modern healing machine for pokemon, a couple of small machines with unknown purpose, as well as some traditional workstations with a small apocethary setup and a corner of the room reserved for sleeping quarters. The stern man also enters, arms crossed and expression slightly softened, and he takes a position at the entrance, leaning against the frame as the masked man turns to face you.

"As you may have surmised, I'm not originally from this land. Years ago I came to the glades to study the flora and fauna of the forest, and happened upon some wounded tribespeople," the masked man begins. "Tending to their wounds, they brought me back to their village where my medical skills helped earn their respect, and over time the Zl'ana people accepted me as one of their own. I've since lived and learned from their ways, serving as their shaman and medicine man, to follow in the ways of Torr. In return, I brought them some support for small trading, as well as establishing a more modernised medical centre for them and their pokemon, something which has been somewhat of contention but otherwise allowed."

The man, in demonstrating his foreign origins, removes the hefty mask from his head, revealiing a somewhat aged face, green eyes a contrast to the brown tones of the villagers and greying hair evidence of maturity. "Nowadays, the people of the cradle call me Ko-phia - meaning man of charity - and I have resided here, dispensing wisdom of the outside world to the Zl'ana for around two decades. However..." he trails, some dejection in his voice, "for all of my knowledge, I have not seen a situation like this. Chief Omuo, if you could...?"

The stern man - apparently the Omuo he had mentioned - gives a nod before opening the frond screen to show you the people and pokemon once more, as Ko-phia continues. "Of late, there have been some unusual cases of people and pokemon falling sick, and while recovery has been steady, we have reason to believe that a curse has been set upon us. The sickness is trivial, and some simple rest and traditional antipoison measures serve well enough to alleviate the nausea...but the aftereffects have been terrifying. People have changed behaviour drastically, and pokemon have had sudden mood swings. What was once a cheerful yet wise tribesperson has became spiteful and untrustworthy, while another who was once stoic as the mountain is now an emotional wreck, incapable of conversing or focusing on tasks..."

"The chief and I have discussed the matter with some of our neighbouring tribes along the Leniazom, and while they believe a curse has been set upon us by someone, I believe the issue lies outwith the tribal customs. That man who you say you have no affiliation with claimed to be able to remove that curse, but asked us to abandon our lands, stating the curse lay within the soil. As you could see, we disagreed. Harshly."

Ko-phia takes a breath, putting ceremonial mask back on, before turning to you. "Myself and Omuo were debating the ethics of a sacrifice to Torr with the elders of the other tribes, but ultimately we opted not to go through with it, even for moral support. Truth to be told, I had a dream of your arrival through smoke and darkness, to dispel the troubles of our people and to root out the true cause of this curse, and had to persuade the other elders to reconsider spilling your blood. It would go against tradition, but I feel that Torr may have cast you in our direction to discover the truth of our plight, and while the chief may not see things the same way, deep down inside I feel he harbours some level of trust towards you."

As if on cue, Omuo gives a grunt and a slight roll of the eyes, the imposing figure seemingly resigned to heeding his shaman's wisdom. "While none of the Zl'ana can talk our language, I serve as translator as you may have guessed, and if fate has brought you here, then who are we to throw a lifeline to the fires but fools? We ask for your aid in finding out the truth, and I am certain that if this favour is fulfilled, that Torr would find fit to reward you, if not personally then with His favour. If you wish, we have a scouting party ready to head upstream to one of our neighbouring tribes, who claim to have found something of interest that supports this curse theory."

With that said, the pair look at you, awaiting your response to their proposition now that you've heard their piece. It would of course be rude not to at least have a small look into things and if it helps curry respect from Omuo, then why not?
Alice gave a grateful nod to the tribesman who handed her bag over, unsure if speaking her thanks would get across to him, even if it was a phrase that most people around the world recognised at least. She followed the masked man into the hut, thinking its decoration pretty and the contrast of rooms interesting. She hadn't expected to see the modern technology sat there, nor had she expected so many patients even with the dangerous nature of the rainforest. Once the masked man began to speak, though, her attention was fixed.

And darn, she had seen his grey hair from the back, but she still hadn't expected his face to be so aged? It wasn't like he was fossilised or anything, but clearly living out in the world away from all of their futuristic nonsense wasn't as beneficial as some people would like to think. As he spoke, though, it made sense. For one, gaining the trust of the tribes people had probably been quite stressful, and goodness knows how often he'd worried about being a morally supportive barbecue. Not to mention the 'contention' of his work and anything else he hadn't brought, and then issues like this... Living the life, for sure.

"Well, I really hope it's not the soil now, because that's going to suck. But even if it was, it'd have to have come from somewhere-- like, I'm pretty sure most curses don't just move in and stick around." Alice said, and although she was no expert on the matter, that's what past experiences she and others around her seemed to indicate. "At the least, I want to go and see what the other tribe have, but if I can then I'll stick around and help all I can. I can't really just leave you all to deal with losing people that way, especially not if you think you saw me coming before I even arrived..." No pressure or anything! At least Alice was used to ride or die situations by now, this world had certainly changed her like that. "If you have any water, I'd appreciate it since Lorin's resting. But otherwise, I'm ready to go when everyone else is. And tell everyone I'll do my best-- and if there are any customs I should know so as to not offend them, that'd be good information, too."
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #148
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TKF:
After giving your pokemon some tasked to preform, you pulled out a sitrus berry and tried to feed the Riolu, Bayleafs aromatherapy soon wafted throughout the whole room bring a sense of calmness and some healing attributes with it.

Wartortle soon found a bowl and filled it up with water, bringing it back over to you and the Riolu, who feebly drank from the bowl and ate bits from the berry.

It was almost as if the emotion pokemon had been or was starved, how and why was not clear... Though the Riolu himself may be able to explain as some Riolu were noted for telepathic prowess though only beyond that of most humans and pokemon. Not nessicarly beyond that of a pure psychic type though....

"pl ... .. ... please..... ... help
please help me...
"

A very faint voice called out to you directly from the emotion pokemon.

What help was needed? It was obvious that help was wanted, but of what kind

That's when you got a closer look at the pokemon, and what you saw stired some primal emotion deep inside you.
There were markings around the riolus neck as if it was tightly bound with ropes or chains, chaffing and caked blood,
And not only that but there was brusing on his paws too.

Someone took him and kept him bound and starving with barely enough water to keep him alive...
Why would any trainer Keep their pokemon partners like that?!?

What will you do?
There are a few things you could do...
Like take the Riolu to get treated immediately.


As they went about trying to soothe the busted up Riolu, Xander wasn't all too surprised when he heard a telepathic voice. His father had a Lucario, so he was well aware that this species had the ability to communicate telepathically to some degree, mostly due to their connection with auras. The Riolu plead for help, but they were already helping it? Maybe the help wasn't for it, maybe it was for someone else? With the Riolu getting more comfortable, Xander got a better look at the Pokemon's condition. All the signs pointed towards the Riolu being bound around the neck, as if whoever had trapped it was unable to capture it properly. That left two possibilities in Xander's mind. Either the Riolu belonged to someone else, so whoever was restraining it was unable to catch it, or natives had restrained it inlieu of Pokeballs.

"Riolu we'll do our best to help, but you need to give us more information." They needed to get Riolu's wounds treated, but Xander wasn't exactly sure where to go. Thankfully, Bayleef was capable of healing Pokemon, it was part of the why he almost always kept her on hand. "Bayleef keep healing Riolu with a Heal Pulse." The Grass type nodded and began targeting the young Fighting type with her healing beam. "We'll get you healed up shortly Riolu, then we will help you with whatever you need okay?" He was certain the Riolu could sense how bad he felt for it and how much he wanted to help, it was probably why he was so relaxed around him. Wartortle on the other hand was giving off a different emotion, the Wartortle was swollen with anger after seeing the wounds around Riolu's neck. Chimchar was behaving similarly, both couldn't believe that someone could treat a Pokemon like this.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:23 AM   #149
Naru
Ultra Despair Girl
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Naru- You manage to keep your composure despite the ambush, making a wise decision as you release your Mawile from her ball. Eris quickly rushes to Alastor's aid, Astonishing the closest Gabite. As the dragon flinches, the Mawile follows up with a Fairy Wind, causing it to tumble backwards against the strength of the Super Effective move. Alastor jumps over to cover Eris' flank, pushing both palms forward as he launches a Dragon Pulse at an approaching Gabite. The would be attacker is met with a powerful Super Effective hit, which leaves it reeling but far from defeated. Harrow issues orders to his Gogoat, urging it onto the offensive.

"Gogoat, Bounce one into the ground, then follow with a Zen Headbutt!" The Gogoat bellows as it leaps high into the air, before quickly coming back down on top of the third Gabite. The dragon is crushed beneath the Grass type's weight, but quickly digs into the ground, disappearing into the compacted earth. Gogoat stands ready, waiting for the Gabite to reemerge. As the dragon erupts from the ground, the Kalosian native slams its glowing head into it, knocking it into a nearby tree. "These Gabite don't show the same signs of corruption as the Garchomp, perhaps they're just trying to protect it?" Harrow made a good point, none of the Pokemon that had ambushed you look misshapen like the Garchomp.

While you keep the Gabite occupied, Calix brawls with the lone Gible. The smaller dragon bites down on Calix's arm, prompting the Dark typed Meowth to knock it free with a powerful Throat Chop. The pair continued to exchange blows, Calix flailing around haphazardly to keep the Gible at arms length.

The Gabite's soon recover and recollect themselves, sharing a look before approaching your Pokemon once more, prepared to go on the offensive.
"I think you're right." Olivia spoke with a level of composure that she was familiar with. She was used to being agreeable with her father and the other figures of the court that were above her, but this was the first time she actually agreed with something being said to her. She nodded her head, watching as the dragon types reclosed the gap between themselves and the trainers. "I still don't think we're getting out of this without a fight though.." She bit her lip, newbie trainer as she was, she was all too familiar with stressful situations --- and a princess always had to keep her head on straight.

"Alastor, use your Power-Up Punch to gain some strength. Follow it up with a Force Palm!" Although she felt confident saying the commands, she was really just repeating the same lines that she had heard the guard captain speak numerous times. Plus, she was certain Alastor would correct her if she made a foolish choice. She turned her attention to the shorter Mawile, clenching her fist in the same way that Eris' former master had before issuing his commands. "Eris, attack the other Gabite with a Play Rough!" As she was issuing commands, she suddenly realized that she had lost sight of Calix. Her composure faltered as she swung around. "Cal?" She called out, spotting her beloved pet tussling with a much smaller dragon.

Calix meanwhile, was having an awful time dealing with this Gible. He wasn't sure if the creature was actively trying to harm him, or if it simply wanted to play. Nonetheless... it was annoying. He Scratched at the small dragon, trying to keep it at bay to the best of his ability. Continuing to Flail about in an attempt to throw the creature off.
__________________

tumblr fizzy bubbles last.fm toyhou.se
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#0573
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #150
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,681
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meetan: While you're certain that curses don't just 'move in' as you bluntly put it, the offer to aid them is one you accept, fearing the other possibility, and with your request, Ko-phia and Omuo look at each other with only a hint of nervousness. Whether it was your comment on customs or something else is unknown, but a few words spoken in the Lythaki tongue later, the chieftain leaves the hut, presumably to let the scouting party know of your part in the investigation.

"You are kind to help, yet learning the customs of the Leniazom people took me years, personally. However, I believe I can give you a quick rundown while we wait to embark," the shaman replies, and even through the mask you can tell the man is grateful for your part as he begins to discuss some basics. While most of the tribes on the river are relatively peaceful, if a little wary of outsiders, most of the time normal customs wouldn't intrude upon them, and the few which are hostile to outsiders are further down the river. He also advises a small offering of fruit or natural trinkets to garner favour, while making comment that artificial objects may cause some concern among the Lythanki, citing their traditional roots.

Around fifteen minutes later, Omuo returns and relays to Ko-phia that the party is ready to head out to the neighbouring tribe, and with a quick check on your pokemon ensuring their health, you and the group begin to leave when the shaman calls on the troop leader, presumably to remind them of their mission. While you wait, you take a quick look at the group, and discover a familiar Sceptile among your number, the grass pokemon staring at you with indifference, yet a slight hint of respect seems to emanate from the yellow eyes. The leader returns, and begins calling names, taking a roll call, and you give somewhat of a nod at his reasonably accurate pronunciation of your name (something like 'all-ess').

With all said and done, your group begins to travel upstream, the Zl'anaian tribesmen keeping a fairly vigilant eye out around you, and the Sceptile walking by you, presumably to keep you in check. After an hour or so of travel, one of the men stops with a harshly whispered call, and your entire group stops. It isn't too long before the reason becomes clear, as you hear some crashing sounds approaching, and the men ready some apricorn balls, hand crafted and surprisingly high quality.

Out of the trees a pair of Mankey come bounding, and you know something is wrong from the fear in their eyes. Just as quickly, the reason smashes through the bushes, as a Primeape barrels onto the scene, eyes practically red with anger as the ape begins to stamp around. It catches sight of your group, and its already boiling rage bursts beyond breaking point, the pig monkey rushing forward with arms outstretched, ready to punish your scouting group for daring to be in its way. Some more shrieks echo through the bush as another three equally berserk Primeape leap out, and the scouting group immediately engages with frantic barks and calls as pokemon are sent out. The first one on the scene swings round and clotheslines one of the men to the ground with a sickening crunch, and as he twitches from the sudden impact, it balls its fists up and stares right into your eyes with indescribable bloodlust. You're next on its hitlist.


Lil'twick: The sight of the fretful Flabebe fearful for its flowery life quickly sets you into nice guy mode as you reassure that you're not hungry for them, and as you comment on the nice smell the fairy pokemon seems to calm down a little, and seems to perk up at your suggestion of helping out.

"O-oh! Th-thank you! I'm rather busy trying to make a wonderful gift for the prince, and I really would appreciate the support!" At the sight of the Cutiefly, the Flabebe gives a much more relieved chirp, and gives a shy wave at the tiny bug pokemon as you ask Honey to, well, gather some ingredients. On your introductions and offering, the flower pokemon practically twirls in excitement.

"That's a wonderful name, Leo! We don't really have much in the way of names like you giants do, but you can bake too? I'm trying to make the prince a wonderful fairy cake, and the extra set of hands can come in handy!" Darting around, the pokemon points you towards the back of the hillock, and looking around you can see a much larger kitchen system, a bit small for you but workable. "Sometimes when we get bigger visitors I use this giant's workshop, though it can get a bit hectic making something bigger than me. We can work together here on a cake for the prince, and I'm sure he'll really appreciate your kind gesture, as well as the garden!"

Between your own budding skills, the Flabebe's artistic decorum and Honey's surprisingly successful work in obtaining some simple ingredients, including some fine honey, you and your new friend work over some time to craft a number of smaller pastries and cakes, on the advice that making some smaller treats for the other pokemon in the garden would pay dividends for it, though your best work goes to the large cake that dwarfs the Flabebe. (You are free to describe your culinary creation and masterpiece in your reply)

"It's beautiful! The prince will surely be pleased with this, and on his day of bloom as well! Oh, that's sorta like what your giants call birthdays, and the prince always holds a wonderful party in the middle of the garden! Please, Leo, feel free to come along!" With a spring in their step the Flabebe starts to head for what seems to be a nest of trees in the distance, but stops for a moment and turns around, puzzled. It doesn't take long for you to realise what the holdup is: with all the confections made, it'll take you and Flabebe at least two, maybe three trips there to get everything delivered, and it seems that you might need a helping hand in delivery. The fairy pokemon looks at you quizzically, before asking the rhetorical question: "Um...do you have any friends who can help us take these treats to the prince's arboreal castle? It is an awful lot of things..."

-~Fairy Garden Challenge 1: Bloom Bakery Business.~-

Using you and your pokemon, you have been tasked with helping Flabebe deliver a number of baked goods to the prince's castle. A list of items the pair of you have baked are below, along with their relative weights. You have time to make one trip back, and thus can afford two loads of goods. In making decisions, assume that your pokemon can carry their own weight comfortably, and twice their weight at most before struggling, and that Leo and Flabebe are capable of ferrying their produce. Flabebe has some considerable muscles despite their petite size, and can carry up to 5 pounds of produce.

The Bakery's inventory is as follows:

- The Prince's Bloom Cake: 25 pounds, must be delivered.
- The Prince's Bloom Poffin Basket: 4 pounds, must be delivered.
- The Prince's Bloom Pollen Candy Cup: 2 items, 2 pounds each, must be delivered.
- Leo's Cream Horn Platter: 5 pounds.
- Leo's Puff Pastry Eclairs: 4 pounds.
- Leo's Honey Shortcake Tray: 8 pounds.
- Flabebe's Caramel Cupcake Box: 2 items, 3 pounds each.
- Flabebe's Cocoa Crisp Treats: 7 pounds.
- Flabebe's Cinnamon Nanab Loaves: 4 loaves, 2 pounds each.
- Sprinkles' Marshmallow Mushrooms: 3 batches, 1 pound each.
- Honey's Nectar Treat Dip: 2 pots, 6 pounds each.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Stormingwolf
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.