UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 01:22 AM   #3801
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Too bad Cyber Dragon Infinity would be too much Extra Deck space for you, its literally the nuts. Also Rampage Dragon who is probably better than Overdragon by the pure dint of being a triple attacker who can summoned via Power Bond.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:57 AM   #3802
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I've been itching to do this year's tournament but it's not time yet is it?

I've run fourteen more than once this format because I've been trying to see what I need for that final slot.
Didn't really mean it as an insult or anything; just expressing this habit of mine. At least, I really feel it affects my mindset, as I start playing a lot less seriously and often lose quite a bit of tension in the process. This is something I definitely do not do when playing regular Duels.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 02-17-2015, 12:19 PM   #3803
Emi

V-Jump news!

Quote:
CORE-JP057 Rank-Up-Magic Raptor’s Force
Quick-Play Spell Card
(1) Activate during the turn a “Raidraptor” Xyz Monster you control is destroyed and sent the Graveyard: You can target 1 “Raidraptor” Xyz monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that monster, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 “Raidraptor” Xyz Monster but 1 Rank higher, using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.)
Quote:
CORE-JP070 Raptor’s Gust
Counter Trap Card
(1) If you control a “Raidrpator” card, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: Negate that activation, and if you do, destroy that card.
Quote:
CROS-JP069 Raidraptor – Return
Normal Trap Card
You can only activate the (2) effect of “Raidraptor – Return” once per turn
(1) If a “Raidraptor” monster you control is destroyed by battle: Target 1 “Raidraptor” monster in your Graveyard; add that monster to your hand.
(2) If a “Raidraptor” monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 “Raidraptor” card from your Deck to your hand.
Quote:
CORE-JP048
Akumaryuu – Black Daemon’s Dragon / Fiend Dragon – Black Daemon’s Dragon / Black Dragon Archfiend
1 Level 6 “Archfiend” Normal monster + 1 “Red-Eyes” Normal monster
You can only control 1 “Black Dragon Archfiend”.
Level 9 / 3200 ATK / 2500 DEF
(1) If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) At the end of the Battle Phase, if this Fusion Summoned card attacked or was attacked: You can target one “Red-Eyes” Normal monster in your Graveyard; inflict damage to your opponent equal to that target’s original ATK, then, return that target to the Deck.
Quote:
CORE-JP059 Red-Eyes Fusion
Normal Spell
You can only activate 1 “Red-Eyes Fusion” per turn, and you cannot Normal Summon or Special Summon any other monsters this turn.
(1) Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster that lists a “Red-Eyes” monster as a Fusion Material Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand, Deck, or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. The name of the Fusion Monster Special Summoned with this effect is treated as “Red-Eyes B. Dragon”.
Quote:
CORE-JP021 Black of Legend / The Black Stone of Legend
Level 1 DARK Dragon-Type Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0
You can only use 1 “Black Stone of Legend” effect per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower “Red-Eyes” monster from your Deck.
(2) If this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Level 7 or lower “Red-Eyes” monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, return this card from your Graveyard to your hand
Quote:
CORE-JP023 Red-Eyes Lightning Lord – Evil Daemon / Red-Eyes Lightning Lord – Evil Archfiend
Level 6 DARK Fiend-Type Gemini Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 1200
(1) This card is treates as a Normal Monster while it is face-up or in the Graveyard. (2) You can Normal Summon this face-up monster that is treated as a Normal Monster to have it be treates as an effect monster with this effect.
● Once per turn: You can destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls with a DEF lower than this card’s ATK.
Quote:
CORE-JP020 Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon
Level 7 DARK Dragon-Type Gemini Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2000
(1) This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard.
(2) While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
● At the end of a Battle Phase when this card attacked or was attacked: You can inflict damage to your opponent equal to this card’s original ATK. This effect of “Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon” can only be used once per turn.
Quote:
CORE-JP049 Infernoid Tierra
Level 11 FIRE Fiend-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 3400
DEF 3600
“Infernoid Onuncu” + “Infernoid Lilith” + 1 or more “Infernoid” monsters
(1) When this card is Fusion Summoned: Apply the following effects according to the number of different Fusion Materials used to Summon this card.
•3 or more different monsters: Each player sends 3 cards from their Extra Deck to the Graveyard.
•5 or more different monsters: Each player sends the top 3 cards from their Deck to the Graveyard.
•8 or more different monsters: Each player returns up to 3 banished cards to their Graveyard.
•10 or more different monsters: Both players send all cards in their hands to the Graveyard
Quote:
Infernoid Dekatron
Level 1 FIRE Fiend-Type Tuner Effect Monster
ATK 500
DEF 200
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 “Infernoid” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except “Infernoid Decatron”. This card gains Level equal to that monster’s Level, card name becomes the same as that monster, and gains the same effects.
Quote:
Rengoku no Kyomu / Void Dream
Continuous Spell Card
(1) All “Infernoid” monsters you control with an original Level of 2 or higher become Level 1, and all battle damage they inflict to your opponent becomes halved.
(2) You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard: Fusion Summon 1 “Infernoid” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by using monsters you control or have in your hand as the Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls a monster Special Summoned from the Extra Deck while you do not, you can also use up to 5 monsters from your Deck.
Red-Eyes support (a literal shitton) and WTF IS THAT CONTINUOUS SPELL CARD
Old 02-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #3804
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosAurion View Post
Didn't really mean it as an insult or anything; just expressing this habit of mine. At least, I really feel it affects my mindset, as I start playing a lot less seriously and often lose quite a bit of tension in the process. This is something I definitely do not do when playing regular Duels.
No offense taken. Once upon a time I thought the same way, but with the new Monarch support zero Extra Deck cards will be much more common.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #3805
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I got to face an old deck. I've been told it's a deck that autoscoops if you play Macro Cosmos. I never did, since I need the Grave, but it's something I was told.

I guess it's true.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #3806
Emi

The dummbbbbbbsssssssssssssssssss

Mermail has outs to Dark Law wth
Old 02-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #3807
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

To be fair, I also had a set Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare which I searched out due to Myrmeleo. The other set was a Soul Charge bluff. He probably didn't have MST.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #3808
Emi

Or you could just Abyss-Sphere into Megalo or...the 2700 guy who I can't remember on account of kinda sucking and ram into it.

People are just babies.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #3809
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

He already did that with Gunde, summoning Leed to run over Myrmeleo. It was certainly the trap which spooked him the second turn, which was why I went #yolo and lanced the Leed when I summoned Dark Law. I had nothing and wouldn't have anything for several turns, had he not scooped.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2015, 06:57 PM   #3810
Emi

Oh so he was just bad. Okay. Since the best thing to do then was just set Linde.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:00 PM   #3811
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I had also searched out Doppelwarrior that first turn which told him what I was running. So...I dunno. There could have been a lot of things that went through his head because I thought the Leed play was pretty sub-par myself. But he seemed reasonably experienced (/4000 XP) which would suggest more duels than myself. Even if you pro-rate my experience to what it should be, I think it would be in the vicinity of 4000.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #3812
Emi

Yeah summoning Leed was a bad play. He could summon Abysspike without issue, pop Myrmeleo with Heavy Infiltry, and get a free attack in because Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare cannot be activated in the damage step. So this really confuses me.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:35 PM   #3813
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This is the second time today someone has dropped Leo on me, and I barely survived:

Oh Shaddolls, how far have you fallen? I dunno what to think about this dolls build: it was running Lightsworn. The duel was effectively half Shaddoll, half Lightsworn, since I faced a typical LS deck right after I beat Leo.

When (if?) Trish gets unbanned, I won't have so much pain against that card, since I NEED non-targeting removal. It is so bad I even brought back Black Rose. But Black Rose is kind of blah, and isn't on the same level of power as Excition is. I've been really annoyed with the Excition drops lately.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2015, 10:41 PM   #3814
Emi

The Lightsworn build is decent but you can't focus too heavily on the Lightsworn side as it will smash your consistency. It's one of the things I've noticed about Shaddoll hybrids: they can't got 50/50. Either you focus more on the Shaddoll side or you focus more on what you are hybriding with. Shaddoll Bujins and Shaddoll Dark World are excellent examples of the latter, as too many Shaddoll cards clog. It's a curious thing really.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:46 PM   #3815
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Judgment Dragon was one of his next draws, so I think his build came off decently. He had Raiden, Lyla and Lumina in the Grave. I did not see a single Lightsworn until the turn after Leo. I'm sure that he at least had an Honest in hand, didn't have Raigeki/MST or draw another Shaddoll Fusion or Dragon. It's tough to say, because I don't think any of his fusions would have helped against my field. It was one of the nastiest fields I've put up without using Soul Charge, and I still had LP to spare for Soul Charge if he managed to break through.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #3816
Emi

Yeah the builds with Judgment Dragon are not great. It's in a lot of ways like Lightsworn Rulers. You have a tremendous amount of power in the wheel with multiple boss monsters, but you have shitty consistency going along with it. The larger the Lightsworn engine, the worse your consistency is. I only ran three Lightsworns: Raiden, Lyla, and Lumina, and Lumina was the weak one. It's really a better version of the Twilight Lightsworn deck that used to run monsters like Necro Gardna, Gorz, and Tragodeia, but it replaces them with Shaddolls and better Extra Deck plays. That build died out when Soul Charge was limited because most of its really big plays came off that card, and its wear the Thunder Dragon tech came from. From the ashes of that deck came the Chaos OTK version of the deck, which I'm not sure was better but it did the job of the Lightsworn deck more efficiently.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #3817
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Ironically when it comes to something like Denko, for my fields specifically it's not like I have a row of traps that get frozen by Denko, but I just have S/T. If your hand and field is invested in S/T, it isn't invested in Monsters or hand traps. It doesn't matter the identity of the cards if they're dead either way.

Having to run so much on-board

I dropped about three duels right now. How they went:

v. Monarchs - loss. I over extended and got punished, but the Monarch player was really lucky too. I tried to OTK with BLS instead of loop with Librarian and got smashed by the pumpkin Ghostrick. The Monarch player then played two Stormforth in consecutive turns, along with two Caius, to clear my field. I still had a huge advantage in LP but there was no option for comeback, so I had to scoop.

v. Dark Magician - loss. he flipped Vanity and I had no outs. Sucks.

v. ??? - loss. I forgot this one. It was obviously not memorable.

v. Monarch - win. He bricked with too many Spells/Traps and I just OTK'd over him. Had I not, I would have cleared out his Spells/Traps as well (with Scrap Dragon popping Shaddoll Dragon).
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #3818
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Great bout v. Nekroz!

Dark Law can be a win condition versus them, but only if you supply him with the proper backrow. In this case I had all of my disruption cards available: Effect Veiler, BTH, Nightmare, and Compulsory. Those + Dark Law were more than sufficient to strangle the Nekroz player.

Unfortunately, I did dead draw toward the end there, two Level 1 Tuners are pretty useless at this point in the game. But hey, it didn't matter, did it? I didn't even have to fear Valkyrus.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #3819
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

IT TOOK FOUR TURNS, BUT I GOT THIS!

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-24-2015, 02:35 AM   #3820
Emi

So hilariously enough I just realized Infernoids can search Into the Void. I don't know why but I find that funny.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:17 AM   #3821
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Some horrible facts I've learned about shifting to the Exodia-based build:

It's not necessarily worse than my regular one. The cards Exodia replaced were Quickplays, Traps and utility cards, so the engine core is still intact. If anything, there's a bit more speed in returning Reckless Greed to the lineup. But I haven't won with Exodia itself, although I've come close.

I've also rarely milled the Exodia cards with Tuning, one of my bigger fears. Tuning is really terrible.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-24-2015, 05:18 AM   #3822
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Something I learned today that, despite playing Synchro for almost three years, I did not know: Formula Synchron is not only an LADD killer, it's a chain disruptor as well.

Formula's quick effect can be activated an unlimited number of times each turn, so once LADD negates it, it can use its effect again and continue to drain him. I was able to defeat a rather poor Monarch player using such a strategy.

Previously, I thought I could activate Formula multiple times in the same chain, but a ruling looks to say no (it needs a PSCT to clarify this, however).
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #3823
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I finally...finally, won with Exodia in Rated. Against the hated tellar deck.

He was gonna summon Triverr, and I was all EXODIA OBLITERATE!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-24-2015, 11:00 PM   #3824
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I finally...finally, won with Exodia in Rated. Against the hated tellar deck.

He was gonna summon Triverr, and I was all EXODIA OBLITERATE!
>Alsham. Sirius. Skybridge.

>Goblindbergh.

>GOBLINDBERGH.

NO! THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT! THERE'S THIS SILLY THING CALLED SATTERLARKNIGHT VEGA THAT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING. UGH.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 02-24-2015, 11:04 PM   #3825
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't think it would have mattered, since his face-down was an MST.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment