asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #52
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
>Megas

Hmm... Arcanine, Stoutland, and another Canine? Mightyena? Granbull? If this is gonna be a "trio" overlapping types really isn't wanted unless they share all the same type tbh.

And I can do the stats if you want :3. I can make any mega good

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #53
Heather
Naga's Voice

If we're talking Megas my origins force me to say Mega Empoleon would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #54
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 PM   #55
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

If you plan on incorperating a landmark similar to big ben why not have somthing occur which prevents pokemon from evolving based off time till it is completed. (eg espeon + umbreon) or have it be a place to find pokemon whom either are related to time or evolve based off time.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #56
Torkoal Stu
This

This is super interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
a Dark Gym in Norwich (Simba... you must never go there).
Hey >:

Quote:
We should cover birds, of which I would probably have a few from previous games (see below). I'd have a Dark/Flying blackbird, two stage line, quite defensive and good at preventing damage to itself and others. Your standard wind set would round it out.
I've always thought there needs to be a peacock Pokémon, like in general. But I haven't given it much thought beyond that xd;

Quote:
With bonus points if you can find an Ice-type primate around Sheffield.
Paha~

Quote:
so I think a gorilla is the way to go (also found in Essex).
Oh xd;

Quote:
Someone suggested a floating book. I generally dislike item Pokémon but maybe that could work.
I like this idea. But then again I like Vanilluxe so I'm clearly pretty easy to please when it comes to Pokémon.

The only idea I have at the moment is that you could have a Robin Hood-esque NPC character somewhere? Might be kinda cool I don't know D:
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #57
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I had a few ideas that you might enjoy.

The first is a two-stage angel Pokemon. The basic stage would be pure Fairy and be small, round, and cute, as they do, with two feathery wings, short, pudgy limbs. However, as it evolves, it becomes significantly more humanoid in body shape, although still a bit short compared to humans. A Fairy/Fighting seraphim Pokemon with six large, sweeping wings, and a somewhat intimidating appearance. Movepool would be largely physical, with moves like Play Rough, Low Kick, Steel Wing, and Wing Attack among its movepool, with a decent sprinkling of wind moves throughout it as well. Rough stats in HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spd:
55/65/35/40/65/60
85/100/50/65/105/90
Abilities would be Iron Fist and Justified, with Pixilate as a hidden ability.
Slightly tanky, but only on the special side, slightly speedy, and able to deal out some nice damage on the physical side. Clearly, Fairy, Fighting, and Flying moves would make up most of its movepool, and I'm also seeing a bit of Fire and Psychic, maybe Solar Beam, likely U-turn. Not enough heft to get Rock Slide, Earthquake, Stone Edge, or Close Combat in its movepool, but also doesn't get the typical tri beams. Probably not Flamethrower, but probably Fire Punch, and maybe Thunderbolt, but no Ice.

If you want justification of it being in the specific locale you could say something about church of England for it or whatever but honestly, I just really like angels and think we've overdue for a real one. Finding it in ruins of old monasteries would be fairly interesting.

I can also imagine a single stage Steel/Water Pokemon, kinda themed off the Lady of the Lake. Sleek, with steely blue skin, she'd carry some slashing moves, like Razor Shell, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, and carry the Super Luck ability. Perhaps you could mix in some amphibian into the inspiration as well, humanoid, but slender and scaly and sharp. Sky-high speed, decent defense, good but not great attack, and pitiful everything else. Perhaps she also gets Sing, because she's a lake spirit.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't suggest a line with some druidic inspiration, but here's the idea:
Stage one: a woody serpent. I can already see what might be a problem, due to a couple Grass serpents already, but bear with me. Stage one would be fairly simple and straightforward, just a snake with a woody hide. I see Glare, Hypnosis, Wood Hammer, Poison Fang, and Bite, with the tri-typed Fangs as egg moves.
Stage two: Arms. It is now mostly upright, still moves by slithering, but has an upper body and arms. A very realistic snake head, only with wood instead of scales. No cobra frill, very streamlined throughout. It gets a couple claw moves, gets Earthquake and Rock Slide, but most of its strength is in its body, not the arms. It can evolve with either the Dusk or Shiny Stones. Attack and Special Attack are equal and decent but not good, speed is a bit low, as is Special Defense. Defense and HP are respectable.
Dusk Stone: Congratulations, you chose the dark path. While the head remains very streamlined and realistic, the torso area has grown a dark oak coating, very rough and uneven, resembling a robe of sorts. The arms haven't gained any bulk, and look positively wimpy in comparison (but not like pubertysnake's). Special Attack soars, Defense and HP stay high, and Special Defense gets decent. Grass/Dark, and it gets moves like Extrasensory, Ancient Power, Mystical Fire, and Dark Pulse.
Shiny Stone: Congratulations, you chose the righteous path. The woody scales grow firmer, and become like tempered metal. The arms gain bulk, the hands become strong and dexterous, and the claws become sharper and longer. Speed, Attack, and Defense are higher, but HP has not gained much of a boost, nor have Special Attack and Special Defense. A bit more Defense than its counterpart, and significant speed. Grass/Steel. It gains moves like Metal Claw, the Elemental Punches, and Swords Dance.

I'd also suggest a Mega Mismagius that is Ghost/Fairy.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #58
Mercutio
Banned

Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of putting angels in to a Pokémon game myself and I think I probably have enough serpents/wyrms but I like your ideas, especially the lady of the lake (I had thought of an NPC human for this purpose).

Thanks!
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #59
Pink Harzard
Boulder Badge

I have a small idea. You can use a midge Pokémon with Bug/Dark typing and Prankster. Those insects are very annoying and could become the Zubats of the fields. If you use seasons you can make them appear in summer.

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard from Serebiiforums for the Button

Scythedactyl and Chrismasuicune made by Machamp-X and Kryptos. Thanks for these ^^

Friend code info

Randomness:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
You can't gang-rape a Regice.

No genitals.
--------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
And this is the bit where I'm confused at PHs gender
I'm a tomboyish girl ;)
Quote:
When I was at school, I used my phone to play Snake.

Which I still do today!

Nokia 3310 master race
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post
>Calling me Kingo
It's Kots, damnit. Kots. As in the Dutch word for vomit. As in an abbreviation for (K)ing(o)(t)he(s)tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
Oh, hey kingo, how's life?
Quote:
There is a user called Pink Harzard. Enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
It's true, her username on SPPF is harzard as well. I never noticed that? Lord. But I wonder... Why Harzard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Just to troll the masses (I don't actually know)
Geehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
Harzad, you lied to us x(
Lies:

Quote:
I've realised that I've become one of those Facebook farmers I mock so often. When I woke up several hours ago I immediately checked my emails, checked job sites and watered my berries. Last night, I did the same and anagedto time it perfectly and fly to the place just as my persims were sprouting, so I got to harvest the berry crop as it came and replant.

Damn it, Pokémon.
-------------------------------------------------
Some dickish talk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
didn't they remove Blaziken's crotchtuft with the 3D models?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Harzard View Post
I didn't realise Blaziken even had that. It is there, but a bit small.
The first crotchtuft that caught my eyes was that of Reshiram. I mean, that one is big.
Quote:
You should know better than to say suggestive things like this in front of me.

Someone's a size queen
Quote:
Reshiram
Quote:
Well, I mean Blaziken is literally a cock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machamp-X View Post
HAIL THE ALMIGHTY CROTCHTUFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
Kakuna tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Harzard View Post
Don't forget Metapod
Quote:
Looks like we're about to complete the Pokédix
Quote:
I had a floating blue Metapod. Good times

Oh, and insert something here about Harden and String Shot
Quote:
Run children, it is no longer safe for you here.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by A random Nuzlocke-comic-artist I found on the net
I just realised something...

Pokemon is the only world where Evolution and Creationism can co-exist! Huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The same guy as above
But yes good ol' Charles Darwin... he's got nothing to smile about when it comes to Pokemon...
Fer all ye PASBL info

Poem with a smile

Smiling is infectious
you catch it like a flu
when someone smiled at me today
I started smiling too

I passed around the corner
and noticed with a grin
when someone smiled back at me
I'd passed it on to him

I thought about my smile
and realised its worth
a single smile, just like mine
could travel around the earth

So if you feel a smile begin
don't leave in undetected
lets start an epidemic now
and get the world infected
Pink Harzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #60
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
As much as I actually quite like the Zubat line from a design standpoint, any pokemon that can be described as "the Zubat of..." should die in a fiery pit of nuclear flames.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #61
Mercutio
Banned

So pretty much like the hornet Pokémon I've got in the second post, yup. It's more that I want a Dark/Bug type and thought of hornets.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #62
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

So knowing absolutely nothing about England but wanting to go "I can help too! :3", I decided to search up for species native to England.

Here's some animals that really should be Pokemon'd:

Pygmy Shrew or whatever it's called It's small and adorable. Apparently it's native to Ireland but can be found in the UK? Idk. According to wikipedia it's not a rodent, but electrify it and shoot is off as an Electric/Ground Pikaclone maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_mouse-eared_bat So its natural habitat also isn't England. But it's found there. Maybe make it a bat but with a twist in that they're super rare to find (1% in caves?) and one-stage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Bullfinch So I decided to look for birds and this is cute! Maybe make this the Volbeat/Illumise pair of the version. I think sadly Normal/Flying is probably gonna make the most sense, though I reckon Fire/Flying for the guy and Ice/Flying for the female (they're horrible typings but) to be even more crippling. Or Normal/Flying with lots of Fire type moves and Normal/Flying with lots of ice moves can also work 83

(Why does the guy variant look like Talonflame)

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:27 PM   #63
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I always meant to weigh in here and never did because I would be on my phone when doing it. Two things:

Water Beetle: By all means feel free to draw some, much, or all inspiration from my UPC entry. I certainly do not have a monopoly on fan-made water beetle Pokémon. I'm just as certainly not the first nor the last person to think of the idea independently. It's a pretty obvious oversight on Game Freak's part and I'm frankly astonished we still don't have one. Not going to hurt my feelings if you disagree with me over any names, moves, abilities, stats, so on and so forth, so long as you're respectful in those disagreements. Common sense.

Pixie: I feel like the Fairy/Dark type combination and the pixie are made for one another. I'm not sure if it's finally been nominated by someone, but for the first several days of monitoring the thread I remember no one bringing it up, people instead suggesting other typings for pixies. Just my 2˘, but I'd recommend Fairy/Dark for them and I'm crossing my fingers that, along with the water beetle, this is something we see Game Freak implementing in Gen 7. Maybe they didn't want to play all of their Fairy type combo cards in one hand, but like the water beetle it feels an oversight to me that they neglected to give us a Fairy/Dark creature both for flavor reasons as well as competitive reasons.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:38 PM   #64
Mercutio
Banned

Thanks, Talon. No as a point of honour I would keep any designs I appropriated from others basically the same, maybe really minor tweaks if absolutely necessary to fit a theme but I don't see why that would be a thing.

As for pixies I was going to do pure Fairy ones, very physically orientated, but Dark is an interesting idea. I do want a Dark Gym.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 PM   #65
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

>No Ireland/Northern Ireland

Racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:34 PM   #66
Mercutio
Banned

Actually in the pub with Dave we worked out that Ireland is where the E4 and post game is. I didn't want to do Ireland originally because the politics of it wouldn't work but since I'm setting this in a bit of a post apocalyptic waste land I can just pretend that Ireland is all nature and no humans now so that's fine.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #67
Heather
Naga's Voice

My dad's side of my family is Irosh so seeing the E4 and post game there would delight me greatly.

Quote:
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:27 AM   #68
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

I will tentatively accept this arrangement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #69
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

No conquered US states post-game?

Boooo
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #70
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

No, conquered Ireland is more appropriate all things considered.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #71
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Clearly the post game will lead you to conquer Kalos.

Also more fae would generally be an awesome idea. Maybe some sort of Cu Chulainn-based dog Pokemon in Ireland? [/terribleidea]
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #72
Red Panda
head head bitch

Seeing no mention of it, I feel the need to suggest that you include a Wild Boar, as we haven't had a pig or boar that hasn't either gone bipedal and promptly become Ganon or turned into a fukken mammoth.

Anyways, 2 stage pokemon, maybe grass type? Maybe normal type? Fighting? I'm not too sure on the typing. The first stage would basically look like a baby with the striped markings. Obviously the color could change to suit the type. It's stats would be oriented towards attack with the rest filling out overall bulk, special attack and speed being left out for the most part. The stats could change depending on typing, because obviously if it's going to be an ice type or something a lack of speed will do it no favors, and an investment in bulk will just be following gamefreak's horrible path.

The second stage could go two ways. The first, just one evolution. An adult looking boar, about 4 feet tall. Stats again focussed on attack and bulk, with high HP, and above average SpDef and Def so it can function as a bruiser, tank, or steamroller. Boars are actually decently fast (like 48 kph I believe) so it could have a speed stat of 65 or 70. It would be bulky enough for the standard Earthquake fare, and maybe Superpower depending on typing and such. It could also get things like Wild Charge, Head Charge, and Horn Attack/Leech. I'm tempted to say Play Rough but from experience Boars are actually terrifying and fucking aggressive. It would have a decent special movepool with things like Earth Power, Snarl, Disarming Voice (learnt by first stage), Belch, Uproar, perhaps the standard Thunderbolt/Thunder fare if it's a Normal type.

The second path would follow that of Meowstic, with varying stats and movepools based on the gender. The Female would be much more support-y and defensive (definitely have Milk Drink), with a spectacular support movepool and both attack stats hovering around 70. The offensive movepool would not be as colorful as the male but it would have a perfectly usable one. The HP would not be as high as the male, but the speed would be higher (70 probably).

The Male would be an offensive behemoth. It's attack would be sky-high, along with a high HP and above average but not stellar defenses (90?). Speed would be subpar at like 50. Special Attack would sit at like 70. It would have a decorated offensive arsenal with a great physical movepool (Wild Charge, Head Charge, Head Smash, Earthquake, Superpower, Stomp, Horn Attack, Horn Leech, Elemental Fangs). A boosting move in like Bulk Up or Swords Dance. Maybe Hone Claws?) Special moves would be like Earth Power, Snarl, Thunder/bolt if Normal, maybe Dark Pulse depending on how "dark" it is.

Either variant would be found in forest-y areas, with the chance of encountering them higher at night. Definitely a pokemon that would be found in Horde encounters, with one or two females, and the rest shoats, and a low chance of there being a lone male with them.

As for abilities, for the male, things like Intimidate, Hustle, Moxie, Overcoat, Reckless, Rivalry, Sap Sipper, Guts, Thick Fat, or Tough Claws would work. For the female, Anticipation, Forewarn, Friend Guard, Fur Coat (obviously with this ability the base defense should become lower), Gluttony, Harvest, Hustle, Regenerator, etc. The first stage would have things like Run Away, Overcoat, Cute Charm, standard baby abilities.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #73
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah in my realisation that I had no Normal types except for a parrot I figured some kind of boar would work. I like the Meowstic-esque idea. I'm also thinking of a werewolf line, evolves with Moon Stone. For that reason I'm hesitant to have yet another dog on top of what I've already been considering haha.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #74
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

What, no Sheep pokemon? What are the Welsh to shag?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #75
Mercutio
Banned

Probably Mareep.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction