UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 01-22-2022, 09:48 AM   #26
Connor
Flashbacker

Bullet Seed (25 BP *5, Skill Link, Swords Dance)
Old 01-22-2022, 09:51 AM   #27
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The latest onslaught was a lot for Palossand to take, to say the least. The gathered Trainers and their Pokémon had brought the colossal castle to a very nice amount of hit points when it did something surely everyone present had been expecting- it put up a shield, a massive reflective barrier squarely between itself and its enemies. Nothing was getting past it until it was broken, and its unique qualities meant it didn't give a Patrat's ass about the power behind the moves that came its way, so much as the quantity, with rare exceptions.

Jake Celeste, a formidable Trainer indeed, proved that last point by Dynamaxing his Grovyle- the Max Overgrowth that ensued broke more of the shield than a normal attack would. Max Moves, Z-Moves, and one-hit KO moves such as Fissure, those were the rare exceptions. Any other move that could do damage would chip away the same small bit. A Sludge was as good as a Sludge Bomb. A major detriment to their progress, as this shield indisputably had to be dealt with before Palossand would lose so much as another hit point by their hand. On the other hand, wild Dynamaxed Pokémon such as this were predictable in this regard, in when they would deploy said shields. Seeing the first one was a sure indicator they'd already chipped away a whole quarter of Palossand's health.

Thoughts such as these were what raced through Terri's mind as she eyed the Palossand, the thoughts she was thinking to herself to reassure herself, remind herself that they were doing great thus far. And not a one of them had been eaten by the Palossand, either. These were all encouraging, hopeful signs. And yet, it didn't completely free Terri's mind from worry. And although she did not change her expression much, if at all, Laugh was still able to pick up on this remaining nervousness, and gripped Terri's hand slightly. This snapped Terri out of it somewhat, and she gave Laugh a grateful smile. "Thank you," she murmured. "I'll be fine, I promise."

"I know," Laugh nodded, smiling back. "You seem less nervous already, even if still somewhat nervous."

"That sounds about right," Terri chuckled. "I'm sure I'll feel a lot better once we finish this up and knock out the Palossand."

"Speaking of which," Laugh added, looking back at the battle taking place. "...I gather you don't intend to have George help break the shield?"

Terri shook her head. "Psycho Boost is powering George up by a lot," she said. "We need to take advantage of this increase in power while we've got it, because I'm sure Palossand won't let us hold onto it for very long."

"Oh, yes- the shockwave," Laugh murmured. "I don't doubt we'll be seeing another one of those soon... Yes, definitely, then, I would think, wait for the shield to be taken down," she nodded.

Terri nodded back, watching intently, until at long last, the Toucannon struck with Bullet Seed, shattering the shield and landing additional blows on the Palossand itself. "Now!" she exclaimed. "George, use Psycho Boost once more!" And the Malamar was only too happy to comply.

OOC: George used Psycho Boost (140 BP; user has Contrary).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-24-2022 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:55 PM   #28
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

ENERGY BALLin' (90 BP) (Boosted by Miracle Seed)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:43 AM   #29
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 53%
Shields Up: 0
Status: Def +1, S. Att +1, S. Def +2, Badly Poisoned, ability: Big Pecks, Sandstorm (2 Turns Remaining).

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Amnesia (-- BP)

Palossand's special defence sharply rose!

Attack 2: Max Ooze (90 BP)

Connor, Toucannon: 348 HP
Palossand's special attack rose!

The raiders were buffeted by the sandstorm!

Raid Challengers

Reflect (2 Turns Remaining)

Connor, Toucannon: 317 HP (Att +2){Rainbow Egg (at 50% HP, consume to recover 50% HP and +1 all stats)}
lilboocorsola, Lilligant: 500 HP (Ingrained){Miracle Seed (+20% damage to Grass moves)}
Lil'twick, Clefairy: 243 HP {Friend Guard}
Missingno. Master, Malamar: 438 HP (S. Att +4)
Zorchic, Grovyle: 486 HP [Dynamaxed: 2 Turns Remaining]{Kebia Berry (halves damage from SE Poison once)}
Slash, Pidgeot: 438 HP (Skill Swap: Water Compaction){Aegis of Frost (+2 def, cannot use Status moves)}

Dealing with a growing threat, the group takes this time to go all out, with Grovyle seizing the opportunity to dynamax and deliver a considerably powerful strike against the shields, which fall under the Toucannon's barrage, the residual seeds peppering the raid boss. Palossand is further assailed by a botanic missile and another Psycho Boost from the psychic type that is decidedly not a Deoxys in any form, before responding in a manner much like before, only boosting its special defence with amnesia in an attempt to forget that these moves are even allowed, before hitting the cannon bird with a max ooze, seeking to try and brute force through special offensive techniques while remaining a bulwark.

Dynamax Initiative: Zorchic, Grovyle.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, 25th January to place your order.

Last edited by Raves; 01-26-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #30
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Why did it just forget everything all of the sudden!? That's super sad! Parfait, let's cry some Fake Tears (0 BP) in honor of Palossand's lost memories.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:29 PM   #31
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The attacks had landed, including and especially George's Psycho Boost, dealing heavy damage to Palossand. However, its first reaction to this onslaught was to... forget about everything? Indeed, Palossand was using Amnesia, a move choice that got Terri frowning- that right there cancelled out an entire Psycho Boost usage's worth of Special Attack boosts! Fortunately, though, this at least meant Palossand wasn't quite so much on the offensive this time around, though when it did attack, Terri began to look wary. Max Ooze was one of the weaker Max Moves, but considering its effect, that was probably for the best- Max Ooze, you see, boosts the user's Special Attack. "Increased Special Attack... increased Special Defense... increased Defense plus an Ability that stops said Defense from being lowered..." Terri murmured to herself.

Laugh looked at her girlfriend. "Are you thinking of going for George's special attack?" she asked softly.

Terri nodded. "Topsy-Turvy is the only thing that makes sense here," she stated. "Just... that Palossand, it still freaks me out a little," she admitted quietly. "And the continuous boosts aren't helping at all..."

At this, Laugh looked down at the ground, silent for a moment, before finally mustering the courage to voice the question that had been nagging at the back of her mind for a while now. "...is it... anything to do with the... with the type... disadvantage?" she ventured.

Terri wheeled around to look at her girlfriend, at a momentary loss for words at this question, and more to the point, the implications thereof. After trying and failing to think of something to say in response, she gave up and instead pulled the Froslass into a tight embrace. "I promise you, Laugh, it has nothing to do with type matchups," she whispered. "You don't see me being scared of Vanish, do you? Or George? Or Want? Or Find? Or... you?"

"I... I'm sorry," Laugh murmured, snowflakes fluttering from her eyes. "It's just... between Palossand and Doublade, it's... it's always been the Ghost-types you..."

Terri continued to hold Laugh close to her. "I don't fear them because they're Ghost-types," she said. "I feared them because one of them tried to eat me and the other one tried to kill me. Laugh... if your type was any kind of issue to me, I would've brought it up by now."

"I'm sorry," Laugh said again, now hugging Terri back. "I- I should've known better-"

"No, I'm sorry," Terri responded softly. "I'm sorry for ever letting that notion worry you. I love you, Laugh." Following this, the couple shared a quick kiss and loving looks into each other's eyes, before turning their attention back to the battle. "Alright, George, use Topsy-Turvy, now," said Terri.

"Ah, about that," George spoke up. "While you two were having your moment, the Clefairy hit Palossand with Fake Tears. It no longer has any Special Defense boosts to turn around."

"...Oh," Terri remarked following a few seconds of surprised silence- if what George said was true, then Topsy-Turvy would have nowhere near the intended impact. "In that case... I'd say just use Psycho Boost again," she shrugged.

OOC: George used Psycho Boost (140 BP; user has Contrary).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-24-2022 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:02 PM   #32
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Steel Wing (70 BP)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:55 PM   #33
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Another Max Overgrowth (130 BP) based on Leaf Blade (90 BP)!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:34 PM   #34
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

ABSORB (20 BP) (Boosted by Miracle Seed)
Old 01-25-2022, 05:05 PM   #35
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Bullet Seed (25 BP *5, Skill Link, Swords Dance)
Old 01-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #36
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 42%
Shields Up: 1

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Rock Slide (75 BP)

Missingno. Master, Malamar: 410 HP
Slash, Pidgeot: 441 HP
Lil'twick, Clefairy: 207 HP
Connor, Toucannon: 275 HP

Attack 2: Max Shockwave (-- BP)

Palossand reset all stat changes, cleared all status effects from itself and nulified raiders' abilities!

The raiders were buffeted by the sandstorm!

Raid Challengers

Connor, Toucannon: 244 HP {Rainbow Egg (at 50% HP, consume to recover 50% HP and +1 all stats)}
lilboocorsola, Lilligant: 500 HP (Ingrained){Miracle Seed (+20% damage to Grass moves)}
Lil'twick, Clefairy: 176 HP {Friend Guard}
Missingno. Master, Malamar: 379 HP
Zorchic, Grovyle: 448 HP [Dynamaxed: 1 Turn Remaining]{Kebia Berry (halves damage from SE Poison once)}
Slash, Pidgeot: 379 HP {Aegis of Frost (+2 def, cannot use Status moves)}

Clefairy begins to cry some fake tears as the sandcastle looms over, giving it just enough cold hesitation to leave it open to yet another mighty Psycho Boost from the Malamar, who sits at the peak of its power and forces the boss to bring its last set of shields down, only for the whole lot to all but crumble from the vicious assault. By now repulsed at the resilience, Palossand responds by attempting to bury the raiders in a barrage of boulders, but the Clefairy's wish to protect its friends and the shimmering reflective barrier results in what would normally be a fierce strike to only ruffle some feathers, Pidgeot literally blinking and preening itself from a super effective attack that did less than its level in damage. A second shockwave at the very least repulses the fading barrier and negates the raiders abilities as Malamar slumps a little, dejected it doesn't get to throw a +6 nuke next turn as the ghost type's grip over the nearby pokemon wanes and the gym pokemon are quick to send the confused wild pokemon home with a berry or two to patch their wounds.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, 28th January to place your order.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:27 PM   #37
Connor
Flashbacker

Bullet Seed (25 BP, 2-5 hits)
Old 01-26-2022, 03:37 PM   #38
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Rock Slide from Palossand landed, hitting multiple Pokémon at once, as Rock Slide so tends to do. But between the Reflect George had set up and the added protection of the Clefairy's Friend Guard, the attack wasn't too terribly effective. This seemed to embolden Terri somewhat, knowing that they were faring so well against Palossand.

Palossand, on the other hand, seemed to have quite a different opinion on how things were going. Almost as if out of sheer annoyance at the ineffectiveness of its Rock Slide, Palossand let loose another powerful shockwave. The Reflect, the stat changes, everyone's Abilities, they were gone, all gone, just like that!

"...I knew that was coming sooner or later," Terri admitted. "With how much George had been boosting his power..."

"...this was inevitable," Laugh finished, nodding. "But surely in the time it takes George to set the Reflect back up, he'll get Contrary back?" she added.

Terri smiled. "My thoughts exactly," she said. "Laugh, I'll say it again- you really don't give yourself enough credit. You were speaking just like a seasoned Pokémon Trainer just there. "

Laugh blushed deeply. "I- I really... no, I just," she murmured. "I- I mean,
you're too kind, Terri, but I... I'm not... I don't think I..." The Froslass took a deep breath. "...I don't mean to say that you're wrong, or to seem unappreciative of your kind words, Terri, but I don't think I can agree that I would've been a good Trainer," she said.

Terri looked at Laugh for a moment, letting it sink in just how little her encouragement seemed to be doing for her girlfriend. "...are you speaking from any sort of personal experience?" she asked quietly.

"...yes," admitted Laugh, glancing down at the ground. "I... I don't want to talk about it right now, though, if... if that's OK?"

Terri put an arm around her girlfriend. "Of course it's OK," she said. "If you ever do feel like you want to talk about it, I'll always be willing to listen, and you know I wouldn't judge you. But no pressure, either way- it has to be whenever you yourself are ready."

"...I appreciate that," Laugh murmured with a small smile. "M-maybe later on, then..." she conceded. "Once the battle is over..."

Terri smiled back, gazing into Laugh's eyes, but before this could lead anywhere, a shattering sound met their ears, drawing their attention back to the raid battle at hand. Said shattering sounded from the shards of shield that once protected Palossand from attacks- the Toucannon had once again gone for Bullet Seed, and finished off the bothersome barrier. Further spewed seeds inflicted additional damage on the weakened Palossand itself, and more to the point, the super sized Sand Castle Pokémon was once again open to attack! "It's down! The shield is down!" exclaimed George, the Malamar looking poised and ready to strike. "Now, Terri?"

Terri nodded. "Now, George," she confirmed. "We're doing great, so let's keep it up! Use Baddy Bad!" she commanded.

OOC: George used Baddy Bad (90 BP; sets up Reflect).
Old 01-26-2022, 03:57 PM   #39
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Alright, Grovyle, it's your third turn of Dynamax, so let's make this one count! Go for a Max Overgrowth (140 BP) based on Leaf Storm (130 BP)!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #40
Lil'twick
Insanity

Okay Parfait! Let's shake things up and have some fun by using Metronome (0 BP)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-26-2022, 05:17 PM   #41
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Hurricane (110 BP)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:16 PM   #42
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lilligant

Let's calm the castle with a PETAL DANCE (120 BP) luau~ (Boosted by Miracle Seed)
Old 01-28-2022, 06:29 PM   #43
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 9%

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Phantasm (130 BP)

It doesn't affect Toucannon...

Attack 2: Earth Power (90 BP)

It doesn't affect Pidgeot...

The sandstorm subsided!

Raid Challengers

Connor, Toucannon: 244 HP {Rainbow Egg (at 50% HP, consume to recover 50% HP and +1 all stats)}
Zorchic, Grovyle: 448 HP {Kebia Berry (halves damage from SE Poison once)}

With the boss taking a beating, Toucannon eliminates the final shield and strikes the Palossand, weaknening its defences as its shield breaks, and the raiders waste no time at all in pushing their clear advantage. Malamar strikes with another Baddy Bad, once more erecting a barrier over the raiders to thwart physical power. The dynamaxed Grovyle blows the castle open with a Max Overgrowth, sprouting grass beneath the raiders. Clefairy waggles its fingers, before spewing forth an immense barrage of beams from its hands in all colours of the rainbow, the legendary technique leaving the fairy type feeling drained. The Pidgeot whips up a hurricane, battering the raid boss. The Lilligant dances a flourishing dance, tossing petals all around and slamming the Palossand exceptionally hard, with the boss almost down, but not quite.

The ghost type howls in anger. Their once peaceful settlement across the loch had been razed by the irate pokemon, and their attempts to rebuild crumbling, and now this attempt to reclaim their rightful land had been all but stopped, the one remaining vanguard of ghosts in the area nearing defeat. Palossand roars, unleashing a Max Phantasm of hatred and desperation...but it falls upon the Toucannon, who sneers at the slight tickle. It then causes the earth to erupt in a tectonic tantrum...right underneath the airborne Pidgeot. Both techniques spent, the Palossand realises defeat is upon it, and as the raiders prepare to deliver the coup de grace, it is then that it happens.

Palossand straight up about turns and begins to flee, still dynamaxed.

"PATHETIC."

Quote:
We have been watching. Observing. Analyzing.

Humans. Pokemon. Teamwork.

In the dust of Eternity's Breath, the wilds. The trained. The avengers.

You will fight. You will succeed. You will reclaim.

And yet, you remain shackled. An army raised, and razed. Techniques natural, but outplayed.

We observe and analyze the conflict, and We see it for what it is.

You fight with righteous fury, but now that you see your plight is in vain, you choose to retreat, rather than face an honourable defeat?

Be one with the soil you so choose to defile.
Spoiler: show

??? used Mimic!

??? learned Metronome!

??? used Metronome!

Using its combined mindpower, ??? chose to use Blue Flare!

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 0%

The raiders can only stand by and watch as a cluster of metallic pokemon suddenly combine into a towering colossus, to the raid boss's surprise, cutting off its attempt to escape, before engulfing the sandcastle pokemon in a majestic, yet tremendous azure inferno within seconds! The Palossand's roars of anger are swiftly drowned out by the bellowing fire as the dynamax pokemon suddenly shrinks down, energy pouring out of it as the flames strip it of its last remaining vestiges of energy to battle...yet the inferno does not dissipate, and the raid boss's roars of anger swiftly turn into shrieks of terrified pain...but only for the briefest of moments as the screams suddenly cut out, and as the blue flames dissipate, it becomes clear what has happened.

The Palossand stands there before the raiders, its sandy form superheated into glass, its vaunted shovel vaporized in the searing flames, and as the colossus stares coldly, the exposure to air causes the sculpture to suddenly crack and disintegrate into warm, dead dust. The Codex floats behind the raiders, the machine having stopped in their tracks as the amalgamated mechanoids turn their attention to the raiders, and as the colossus begins to address the group, it addresses them with cold, heartless contempt.

"Pathetic.

You humans, standing there with your companions by your side, rallied together to do battle with these abnormalities.

We have watched your struggles. Your triumphs. Your failures.

We observe you as you train. We analyze you as you teach. We scrutinize, contemplate, consider.

You turn these recurring events into spectacles. Some of these spectacles are fought tooth and claw. Some of these spectacles are walks in the fields. Some of these spectacles force your hands.

We have seen you battle, and Our observations read the data in its rawest of forms.

These observations...disgust Us.

Unnatural techniques. Techniques of seemingly limited availability, as free to use as you wish. Techniques to slowly erode stamina. Techniques of the gods you dare to claim as your own.

Honourless.

Once, you battled these vestiges of Eternity's Breath on equal ground. Yet, as these vestiges remained honourable and stalwart to their own nature, you humans decide once more to deem yourselves above the gods, turning your companions into little more than tools. Weapons. Utensils.

There can be no doubt. The system of these battles is outdated. Obsolete. Overcentralising.

The act of discerning adversaries is draining. Exhausting. Fatiguing.

The impact on these lands...Detrimental. Toxic. Scornful.

Today, you can claim triumph, but there will be no such place for these displays of disparate harassment in the future of this realm."

As the mechanical cluster finishes its oration, it stomps, a dust cloud obscuring vision, and as predictably, when the cloud settles the pokemon cluster is nowhere in sight. As the trainers look around in confusion, trying to comprehend what just occurred, a soft thunk from behind catches their attention, as the Codex drops the rewards for the raiders' efforts before them, their single luminous eye staring distantly, yet those who chance a closer look would find something all to familiar behind the gaze.

Fear.

For their part in 'defeating' the Raid Boss Palossand, the raiders are rewarded the following:

• 40 Watts
  • TR Shadow Ball
  • x2 Kasib Berries
  • x1 Shuca Berry
  • +4 levels for participating pokemon, +6 if level 30-59, 4 candies if level 100.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:42 PM   #44
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"In a fair fight I'd kill you" "Then that's not much incentive to fight fair, is it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Raid Boss Attack Summary

The sandstorm subsided!

Raid Challengers

With the boss taking a beating, Toucannon eliminates the final shield and strikes the Palossand, weaknening its defences as its shield breaks, and the raiders waste no time at all in pushing their clear advantage. Malamar strikes with another Baddy Bad, once more erecting a barrier over the raiders to thwart physical power. The dynamaxed Grovyle blows the castle open with a Max Overgrowth, sprouting grass beneath the raiders. Clefairy waggles its fingers, before spewing forth an immense barrage of beams from its hands in all colours of the rainbow, the legendary technique leaving the fairy type feeling drained. The Pidgeot whips up a hurricane, battering the raid boss. The Lilligant dances a flourishing dance, tossing petals all around and slamming the Palossand exceptionally hard, with the boss almost down, but not quite.

The ghost type howls in anger. Their once peaceful settlement across the loch had been razed by the irate pokemon, and their attempts to rebuild crumbling, and now this attempt to reclaim their rightful land had been all but stopped, the one remaining vanguard of ghosts in the area nearing defeat. Palossand roars, unleashing a Max Phantasm of hatred and desperation...but it falls upon the Toucannon, who sneers at the slight tickle. It then causes the earth to erupt in a tectonic tantrum...right underneath the airborne Pidgeot. Both techniques spent, the Palossand realises defeat is upon it, and as the raiders prepare to deliver the coup de grace, it is then that it happens.

"PATHETIC."

??? used Mimic!

??? learned Metronome!

??? used Metronome!

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

The raiders can only stand by and watch as a cluster of metallic pokemon suddenly combine into a towering colossus, to the raid boss's surprise, cutting off its attempt to escape, before engulfing the sandcastle pokemon in a majestic, yet tremendous azure inferno within seconds! The Palossand's roars of anger are swiftly drowned out by the bellowing fire as the dynamax pokemon suddenly shrinks down, energy pouring out of it as the flames strip it of its last remaining vestiges of energy to battle...yet the inferno does not dissipate, and the raid boss's roars of anger swiftly turn into shrieks of terrified pain...but only for the briefest of moments as the screams suddenly cut out, and as the blue flames dissipate, it becomes clear what has happened.

The Palossand stands there before the raiders, its sandy form superheated into glass, its vaunted shovel vaporized in the searing flames, and as the colossus stares coldly, the exposure to air causes the sculpture to suddenly crack and disintegrate into warm, dead dust. The Codex floats behind the raiders, the machine having stopped in their tracks as the amalgamated mechanoids turn their attention to the raiders, and as the colossus begins to address the group, it addresses them with cold, heartless contempt.

"Pathetic.

You humans, standing there with your companions by your side, rallied together to do battle with these abnormalities.

We observe you as you train. We analyze you as you teach. We scrutinize, contemplate, consider.

You turn these recurring events into spectacles. Some of these spectacles are fought tooth and claw. Some of these spectacles are walks in the fields. Some of these spectacles force your hands.

We have seen you battle, and Our observations read the data in its rawest of forms.

Unnatural techniques. Techniques of seemingly limited availability, as free to use as you wish. Techniques to slowly erode stamina. Techniques of the gods you dare to claim as your own.

Honourless.

Once, you battled these vestiges of Eternity's Breath on equal ground. Yet, as these vestiges remained honourable and stalwart to their own nature, you humans decide once more to deem yourselves above the gods, turning your companions into little more than tools. Weapons. Utensils.

There can be no doubt. The system of these battles is outdated. Obsolete. Overcentralising.

Today, you can claim triumph, but there will be no such place for these displays of disparate harassment in the future of this realm."

As the mechanical cluster finishes its oration, it stomps, a dust cloud obscuring vision, and as predictably, when the cloud settles the pokemon cluster is nowhere in sight. As the trainers look around in confusion, trying to comprehend what just occurred, a soft thunk from behind catches their attention, as the Codex drops the rewards for the raiders' efforts before them, their single luminous eye staring distantly, yet those who chance a closer look would find something all to familiar behind the gaze.

Fear.

For their part in 'defeating' the Raid Boss Palossand, the raiders are rewarded the following:

• 40 Watts
  • TR Shadow Ball
  • x2 Kasib Berries
  • x1 Shuca Berry
  • +4 levels for participating pokemon, +6 if level 30-59, 4 candies if level 100.
The latest wave of attacks landed, and while Palossand was still standing, it was clearly not holding on by very much. As though to drive home the point, Palossand attempted a few attacks, but neither of its targets were actually affected, really driving home the point that a Normal and Flying-type really was a good matchup against a Ghost and Ground-type. Between this epic fail and its dwindling hit points, Palossand made a wise decision and made to retreat, still Dynamaxed and everything.

It was, of course, not to be that easy.

A booming voice declared the Palossand pathetic, calling it out on the decision to get while the getting was good. And the voice's source became evident, a cluster of Beldum, Metang, and Metagross, with a freaking Mega Metagross among them, forming together into some sort of absurd colossus. Mimic into Metronome, and Metronome into a Blue Flare the likes of which the legendary Reshiram itself would be proud, and that not only defeated the Palossand, it destroyed it. Quite literally- the sentient sandcastle was sentient no more, the intense flames turning it into glass, which quickly disintegrated into dust. Terri, Laugh, and George were rendered speechless at this, even moreso as the metallic monstrosity turned, addressing the group with nothing short of contempt. Calling them pathetic. Claiming to have observed the raid battles, and to have been disgusted by what they saw. Terri frowned, a frown that grew more and more pronounced as the being called them out, claiming them to be cheating by having their Pokékmon utilize techniques their wild brethren couldn't hope to learn. Calling them honorless. And before anyone could respond, it kicked up a cloud of dust to obscure its getaway. The mechanical Gym Leader dispensed rewards for the likely bewildered Trainers, but Terri, for the moment, paid this no heed, as she stepped up to where the unholy metallic collective had stood when it addressed them, just as Terri was addressing them now.

"...Whatever they were, they have no idea what they're talking about," Terri declared. "They speak of honor, but insinuate that that has any place in situations as perilous as these. And they look down on what we as Trainers can achieve with our Pokémon partners, look down on the advantages this confers upon us, yet turn a blind eye to the advantages these wild Dynamaxed Pokémon have over us! Perpetual Dynamaxing! The ability to use regular attacks along with the Max Moves! Enough hit points to make a Blissey swoon! Not to mention those shockwaves that can reset so much of our hard work in an instant with little to no drawback for themselves! They claim to have observed these battles, these, these raids, these raid battles, claim to have seen all there is to see from them, inferred all there is to infer... yet can they not see the dire consequences that await should the enemies triumph? Calamitous changes to entire ecosystems. Destruction. Ruin. In one extreme case, the literal end of the world as we know it. And they expect us to fight honorably? If holding back, fighting without the advantages human ingenuity grants us, if that is their idea of fighting honorably, why would we do that against these things?" Terri asked of them all. She shook her head. "We wouldn't, that's why. Because we shouldn't. I don't mean to disparage honor as a concept, but there is a time and a place, and this is neither," she said firmly. "I came here to face a fear today- I was almost eaten by a Palossand once. I shudder to think what that beast would have been capable of if allowed to roam free while perpetually Dynamaxed. Did I bring to this fight a Malamar that knows Baddy Bad and Psycho Boost? Yes. Yes, I did. Can Malamar learn those moves under ordinary circumstances? No, no they cannot. And yet, would any of you deny that those moves were crucial to us, to all of us, in this battle?" And leaving it on that question, Terri walked back over to her girlfriend. George had gone over to claim the rewards from the Gym Leader.

"That was quite the speech, Terri," murmured Laugh. "I agree with you, for the record- these battles are too high-stakes to even consider holding back."

"Thank you," smiled Terri. "Just... what that thing said, calling us honorless... no," she shook her head. "I've seen true dishonor, back at Alph. Dishonor that destroyed the good relations humans and Unown once shared. Dishonor that left most of my kind distrustful of humans for the past millennium and a half."

"Maybe so, but those Beldum and friends don't seem to share your point of view, which might be concerning," George put in, the Malamar returning, tentacles full of rewards. "Even the Gym Leader seems worried."

"Hm," frowned Terri. "We might need to keep an ear open for anything going on at this Gym in the months to come," she decided. "And we should definitely let everyone know back home. Unless...?"

"I saw Diana and Marv's news van driving away just now," Laugh confirmed. "They probably got the whole thing."

"Well, that's good, at least," nodded Terri, though at the moment, she still looked somewhat concerned, and nobody present could really blame her. Hand in hand, the couple made their way back home, George following behind.

*Obtained 40 Watts!*

*Terri obtained TR33 Shadow Ball!*

*Obtained 2 Kasib Berries!*

*Obtained the Shuca Berry!*

*George was elevated to level 48!*

Using the TR on my Natu.

*Search learned Shadow Ball!*
Old 02-07-2022, 12:11 PM   #45
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Raid Boss Attack Summary

The sandstorm subsided!

Raid Challengers

"PATHETIC."

??? used Mimic!

??? learned Metronome!

??? used Metronome!

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

"Pathetic.

Honourless.

Fear.

• 40 Watts
  • TR Shadow Ball
  • x2 Kasib Berries
  • x1 Shuca Berry
Claiming these. Parfait hits Lv. 38. Teaching Momiji the Quilava TR Shadow Ball

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-20-2022, 02:30 PM   #46
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lilligant

Quote:

• 40 Watts
  • TR Shadow Ball
  • x2 Kasib Berries
  • x1 Shuca Berry
Welp.

Late, but picking up:

40 Watts
1x TR SHADOW BALL
2x Kasib Berries
1x Shuca Berry
+6 Levels
(raising Lv. 31 Lilligant to Lv. 37)

Thanks for the Raid, Raves. Was fun while it lasted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League