UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 05:07 AM   #5451
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I have no idea what Konami was thinking remaking Giant Trunade and putting it at 3, but WHATEVER.

I ditched Twin Twisters/Cosmic Cyclone for Infinite Impermanence, Trunade, I got sick of the solitare big boards. It's too bad nothing like Typhoon works for face-down cards, since it has the same principle as II.

I sadly learned that the Blazar summons are (close to) impossible in one turn without Monster Reborn, not something you want to rely on. The Link plays are subpar and Durendal isn't a good choice without Dark Law.

I'm not sure if Nibiru or II are the better cards. I still don't know what my strategies will be.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #5452
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Hey, Trunade can't get rid of face-up cards. VVhich is a big deal against cards like floodgates, Multiroll, Orcust Babel, and the entire True Draco deck. It is seeing some play in OTK/FTK decks but that's it. TT is vvidely considered better.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #5453
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I played Orcusts and lost just barely? The deck didn't wombo out fast enough to stop the spell/trap searches and ended on a single Link. Then there were a bunch of grave effects which stopped things.

Ultimately I think Maxx "C" is much more powerful than Nibiru. I lost a bunch to DDD despite DDD being one of my better matchups before the Link format.

Like, of the top decks after the Shaddoll-Qli-BA format, I routinely crushed DDD. But the deck hits and tech upgrades to that deck have changed things remarkably, to the point I need Nibiru or some lucky draws to kill it.

Like, holy fudge. What did I lose? Almost everything I relied on before the Link format:

-Dandylion
-Level Eater
-Ancient Fairy Dragon
-PSY-Framelord Omega (not really)
-Soul Charge
-Maxx "C"
-Denlong (not really)
-Upstart
-ROTA
-E-Teleport (not really)
-Vanity's Emptiness

The loss of token spammers, Level Eater hurts now because there's very little way to progress toward Blazar without topdeck help. While still a solid Synchro, I might need to look into alternative plays since Link spam is huge cancer.

Oh, it looks like VRAINS is ending after all? What's this Rush Duel nonsense?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #5454
Emi

Rush Duel is a side format that just...strange.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #5455
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I beat Madolche by the skin of my teeth despite that being a joke not too long ago. I did summon Blazar to win, but I also had some massive minuses.

What's needed is more effect compression. Rather than Tuning, I need a Level 1 DARK Warrior or Machine Synchron that can discard itself to search a Junk monster. Or even, make that the buffed Effect Veiler. The level 1 tuners are too often dead draws, although it doesnn't help when I get a heavy hand of darks and no way to mill them.

I think that's the missing ingredient. I need a better level 1 tuner under this format.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #5456
Emi

Junk Converter?
Old 12-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #5457
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

A card like that is super disappointing because it tells me Konami understands the deck mechanics, but aren't willing to boost it. The same goes for Six Sams and no level 2 non-tuner Six Sam monster.

I was thinking something like Jet Synchron, but with a better attribute which would incentivze running more of them.

Oh, I did manage to find something that worked. I sat on Blazar + El Shaddoll Winda and that worked pretty well on the first turn. I was afraid at first that Winda would get Raigeki'd, but that didn't happen.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #5458
Emi

VVinda is immune to Raigeki anyvvays.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:53 PM   #5459
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

If Librarian gets limited again I think Armades will be in good use again, since cards like Crystal Wing or the D/D/D stunner can't do anything when it attacks, and you can keep redoing the Battle Phase if monsters get summoned (like via El Shaddoll Fusion).

I had a battle against E-Hero Toads and did "well" against them, in the sense that I destroyed all the backrow and killed the toad, but was unable to mount any offense at all.

After all those fortunate plays and setup, my ending hand was:

Junk Synchron
Junk Synchron
Effect Veiler
Monster Reborn (no targets)

I started using Into the Void as well, if Veiler proves to not be as useful anymore I might get rid of it entirely for II, since that works much better with Into the Void.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-23-2019, 11:13 PM   #5460
Emi

I mean...Armades can't beat over Crystal VVing by its ovvn so its not exactly "good" there.

Have you considered Phantazmay?
Old 12-24-2019, 02:27 AM   #5461
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Psy-Reflector is an interesting card. In the past I've articulated that a Level 1 DARK Psychic would be good for use with E-Teleport, and here we are.

Even with no abilities, those properties alone would be valuable. But Psy-Reflector has interesting text where it can search any monster that lists "Assault-Mode Activate" in its text.

That means Assault Beast, Assault Sentinel, and Assault Mercenary.

Assault Mercenary is the interesting one, since it's a Warrior, meaning it can be searched by ROTA. If only it were Dark, there would be much better combo potential with Allure.

Perhaps something will be made of this in the future.

I'm almost ready to go back to DevPro and start playing games there. I'm still trying to grasp what the meta will look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I mean...Armades can't beat over Crystal VVing by its ovvn so its not exactly "good" there.

Have you considered Phantazmay?
Haha, what the fudge is this? Is this card for real?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #5462
Emi

Yeah, its a real card alright. It's quite, fantastical.

I vvould probably play it safe and probably assume you're going to see more of the same decks you vvould novv: Orcusts, Thunder Dragon (including combo), Sky Striker, and Salamangreats.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #5463
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The funny/sad part is most of those are going to play about the same as DDD. And the other sad part is that Link monsters seem like the logical progression to deal with my deck's bricking problems with the current cardpool, but the generic Links are hooooorrible.

In a recent game, I had Librarian, Coral Dragon and Construct out with only a single backrow to protect them. That's textbook over-extension, but there were no further plays.

Links allowing unrestricted dumping of the Extra Deck is like an extreme version of what I used to do, but it isn't backwards compatible since most Links aren't generic. I'm surprised there are so many from the beginning of the VRAINS era that restricted token use, and yet Dandylion was banned almost immediately.

Dandy was really great at the end of the Pendulum Era, since it combined with Tatsunoko and Coral into a Level 8 pretty reliably.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #5464
Emi

Only Thunder combo plays like D/D/D, and even then there are some pretty notable differences.

I'm pretty okay vvith all of them except for Thunder combo so if you vvanna play on DB at all just drop me a line.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #5465
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Sure, I need to make a new name though. And I need to figure out what loops will be the most rewarding.

The weird part is ever since the rule change that reduced the first turn to 5 cards, I was adamant that my deck was useless going first. Apparently with the ban of Maxx "C", this isn't the case even with other hand traps like Ash Blossom and II. I had the most success going first but I still have the potential to break into big boards going second (I guess, because I built the deck for that?).

By far what hurts the most is the lack of x3 Upstarts and mediocre (or dead-end) Level 7, 8, 10 Synchros.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #5466
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So it looks like Phonon is useless now. During a successful loop I won't hit Level 4, ever. Tatsunoko needs:

3 + 7 = Level 10
3 + 5 = Level 8
3 + 4 = Level 7

OR Double Tuning, but that needs either a Level 11 or a Level 9 monster, and the only existing generic double tuner is the Level 10 Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend. Both of these apply even when using the Shaddolls, because Construct is Level 8 and Winda Level 5.

Draco Berserker of the Tenyi looks like it has more potential than Omega, at least now anyway. But aside from that I might have to end up going back to Stardust, we'll see.

Fortune Lady Every might be a better card than Yazi since it is recurring. I have more than enough Spellcaster fodder to use it successfully.

Rank 5 is still possible but it's a forgotten rank. And there aren't a lot of good 2 mat Link monsters.

Gaaaah.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #5467
Emi

Yeah Draco Berserker is really good. There's also Borreload Savage Dragon as another Level 8 option. Geomathmech Magma is also fairly good at breaking boards.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:34 AM   #5468
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

If I'm understanding this right, Relinquished + Relinquished Anima can take out two cards for one, right?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-25-2019, 01:37 AM   #5469
Emi

Yep.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:08 AM   #5470
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Cyberse Synchron might be useful, but MR5 prevents Synchros being summoned to the Extra Zone? So the card's effect is functionally useless outside of Links?

Also, man. cyber.se is such a terrible name.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #5471
Emi

No, Fusions/Synchros/Xyzs can be summoned to either the Extra Monster Zone or the Main Monster Zone.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #5472
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What's your opinion on this new DDD spam deck? The only outs I can see to it going second are Ash Blossom and Nibiru, and they can play around Nibiru with Crystal Wing.

I don't think it's possible to break through three Spell/Trap negs and a monster effect neg. Especially when the deck runs triple Called by the Grave, Ash Blossom and II. It's nutso.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #5473
Emi

D/D/D still has the same problems it's alvvays had: the deck doesn't have one card combos, they have tvvo or three card combos.

You can also use Dark Ruler No More to complete shut off their board because all their negation is monster cards.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #5474
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I wish you had mentioned that like 10 seconds earlier.

Just when I figured out an unholy marriage that might work, that stupid thing drops.

Notice that none of this would have been a problem if Called by didn't also banish Effect Veiler, ruining any chance at a comeback. It's insane that people are running max unsearchable cards like this.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #5475
Emi

Yeah that card

It came from the exact same set as Nibiru

They're both really stupid

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment