UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #351
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
Glory of Heracles
- 21 hours, 35 minutes, 43 seconds
Still dig this game! Among rpgs its got alot of stuff that feels unique in its characters/setting and even battle system to some degree. The dialogue is pretty great and having named w/portrait npcs who all pop up more than once along the way is real cool. Course there are rough spots like your tremendously slow world map walking speed and the awful camera in towns. But I'd say the good outweighs the bad by a good margin!

Shining Force
- 17 hours, 37 minutes, 09 seconds
This is one of those games I've played many many times yet still find it fun! Mostly! There are a buncha spots in there that kinda suck but are more then bearable! Looove the crazy stat gains at level up an conversely hate the 0 or 1 stat gains >.<; Like normal I recruited every possible party member an changed my lineup a whole lot along the way an of course delayed promoting anyone who can be promoted all the way until L20 which made for an extra powerful team!

Shining Force II
- 24 hours, 38 minutes, 28 seconds
Bigger but not better! About equal with the first I think. Gots better art 'cept on weapons, music, story, and controls. Downside is that many battles feel like pointless filler plus stat gains are super boring an make the party members pretty interchangeable which is good or bad depending on how ya feel but it really makes for very few unique standouts. Anyways I couldn't wait until L40 to promote everyone an instead opted for L30 which worked out pretty well!

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
- 19 hours, 1 minute, 33 seconds
Since this is a remake of Shining Force I've gone in a circle? Its a really good remake since it adds many of the nice things SFII did plus loads of new stuff! They even added new attack music for your promoted characters, but thats about the only new music they added sadly. On the bright side Zylo stays good post-promotion instead of falling off like in the original. I think this is a good replacement for SF even though personally I'll still keep on playing 'em both!

Demo'd!
Project X Zone 2
It's PXZ... with field hazards?! A shop?! Skill upgrading?! Attack/being attacked from different positions mattering?! I never asked for the sequel to be more strategy based but heres hoping I can deal with it!

Last edited by Lindz; 02-05-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #352
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Get:

Etrian Mystery Dungeon
I originally had no intention on picking this up, since I almost never finish Etrian Odyssey games, but this was on sale, so my stupid ass picked it up. It kind of surprised me, actually. This game was released less than a year ago, it had high reviews, and Japanese games typically take a long time to have their prices lowered (unless they're garbage). I guess it just didn't sell?

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
This was on sale as well, but I had my eye on this for a while. I mean, what better than a Dragon Ball game with an OC maker?! I made a girl saiyan named "Vegokuhan" with all black clothes and every kamehameha on the list! Actually Majins are more appealing, even if they don't get the fancy hair color change saiyans do. So far the game is pretty fun. The battles feel like they should difficulty-wise. I just don't like how grindey getting items or dragon balls is. You have to complete a mission several times in a specific way to even get a chance at some items or skills. I'm kind of saddened by the fact that the arena destroying ultimate moves are gone. I mean, I haven't played a Dragon Ball game since Budokai 3, but those were always fun. Destroy the arena along with 10 minutes of screaming. Good times. Finally, for some prideful saiyan warrior, Goku sure likes to gang up on you.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #353
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Yeah, Xenoverse has some weirdly MMO aspects to it? I don't think it's as good as Budokai 3, but it's still really fun and entertaining.

I've been playing the Bravely Second demo, and it's sold me on the actual game completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:21 AM   #354
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Playing: X-COM 2 (10 hours)

I have some thoughts so far, but I want to wait until I have a complete game or two under my belt before I pass judgement. So have a picture:

Spoiler: show

Oh, and the opening of the game also heavily implies that the original (new) X-COM games were the alien invaders using you as a living computer to analyze wargame scenarios as part of their efforts to subjugate humanity. Spoilers, by the way.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #355
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
Project X Zone 2
The sequel to my most played 3ds game is finally here! Now I can finally play a game with the beloved Segata Sanshiro in it!

Beat!
Ys Seven
- 17 hours, 21 minutes, 21 seconds
2nd time playing this an it was still a blast! Still really like how your party members can be switched to an controlled but also how they can pickup items for you to, like Secret of Mana but better! The music is all kinds of hype an the storys pretty interesting to. Overworld and dungeon crawling is good to and moves at a quick pace, only 1 overly complicated puzzle in the whole game iirc!

Earthbound
- 18 hours, 47 minutes, 52 seconds
Never knew until this playthrough that this was a sub-20 hour game! It always felt so long & grand! Been a long while since I last played but still managed ta remember how things go so no getting lost or stuck. Just straight progress! The music an locacations an even the baddies are just so darn memorable and great!

Phantasy Star Online Ver.2
- 1 hour, 14 minutes, 17 seconds
Just blazed through this on normal difficulty with a high level character & gear for the heck of it! Not much else ta say since I went through PSO Ep1 just some months ago. I guess since this time was on the DC version there were different loading screens and disc grinding sounds lol.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #356
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Get:

Etrian Mystery Dungeon
I originally had no intention on picking this up, since I almost never finish Etrian Odyssey games, but this was on sale, so my stupid ass picked it up. It kind of surprised me, actually. This game was released less than a year ago, it had high reviews, and Japanese games typically take a long time to have their prices lowered (unless they're garbage). I guess it just didn't sell?
I didn't like this game that much. :/

I got Final Fantasy Explorers recently. A cute game, sort of like a mini Monster Hunter on easy mode. Once you get a good Thief Anklet with a good Absorb HP/AP, the game gets fairly easy (but still fun).

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #357
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
Project X Zone 2
- 52 hours, 14 minutes, 08 seconds
This was a blast! Lotsa great new & returning characters with prolly even better dialogue then before and a story that didn't stall nearly as much. Stage design was alot better to thanks in part to adding hazards in many of 'em and toning down damage sponge baddies. It had another great ost to! So many classic tunes, lots I didn't even hear before but took a liking to anyhow!

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
- 17 hours, 52 minutes, 00 seconds
One of the problems with these games is that if you're not psychic or using a guide you're gonna end up doing even more backtracking then ya would have to anyway so this through I used a guide and the fun increased! Except for horde battles, those almost always were just annoying. But the regular battles were still fun!

Lunar Legend
- 12 hours, 17 minutes, 33 seconds
I like this version of the first Lunar. I mean not love, the writing/translation is bad, so are the sound effects, an other things but its a neat lil remake. Some stuff got cut outright other things changed, its different. Plus as my time shows ya can get through it pretty fast. Great for a handheld game ya? An at its core its still Lunar so the story/characters/music is good. Normal battles aren't a drag either.

Last edited by Lindz; 03-07-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #358
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

The Division:
Having a ton of fun with this so far. Managed to get to level 12 and get almost entirely Blue equipment. A problem I have is that you can only play if you have an internet connection. It'd suck if you're in the middle of a mission and get disconnected but I haven't had that yet; the only time I've had it really is when I should have been getting off it anyway. Dark Zone is fun if you can find a group, which I haven't had any trouble doing yet.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #359
Link
Banned

I play Dragon Quest DS a lot.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:35 AM   #360
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I beat Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 a few days ago, and I had a lot of fun throughout pretty much the entire game. The cast was fantastic and really made up for some of the game's flaws (its story and its gameplay are not exactly excellent, but still good). The fact that there was constant challenges throughout (at least until the very end of the game) was also very nice. It's a nice change of pace to see a game that I can't totally break on the outset. Still have a lot to do, of course: NG+, 999 level cap, etc etc. Took me I think about sixty hours to finish one run, but at the same time, I am generally a liberal grinder in nature and it probably in reality takes less time.

Also the defend poses for some of these monsters are a true gift to the world.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:06 PM   #361
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
- 21 hours, 33 minutes, 40 seconds
This is certainly the worst version of Lunar 1 by a good margin. The updated OST is great but nearly everything else is just blah to bad. Unlike the GBA one this doesn't cut areas or make story changes, and infact adds a nice lil prequel-prologue thing, but what kills it is the slowness. Like in the GBA one the screen goes black and the music pauses when entering/leaving places but its worse here. Movement speed is slow, animations in battle are really slow, after-battle stuff is even slow if your characters have status effects. Each screen is significantly smaller than in the other versions of the game so you'll be hit with a ton more loading. You'll also learn that dungeons become hellish because monsters respawn unlike in the PS1 version, and also that unlike that version they're all virtually impossible to avoid (this is partially due to room size reduction) so you're gonna be drug into battle whether ya like it or not. An you're not gonna wanna fully explore dungeons for their item goodness cause you'll be bringing even more battles onto yourself. I also don't like the art style, everyone looks weirdly tall an the charm is nowhere to be found. The literal song translations are freaking terrible btw.

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
- 24 hours, 56 minutes, 52 seconds
This still is the best version of Lunar if ya ask me! Many people swear by the Sega CD original but in terms of remakes this is it! PS1 can do what GBA & PSP can't, by not pausing music when entering/leaving places nor hitting ya with a black screen (obviously except when you're loading a large seperate area or place with different music). So in towns ya can enter nearly every building without delay and same for dungeons! Oh an this ones not a pushover like the others. I died a buncha times and struggled through areas, and ya know actually having ta pay attention to battles and what ya do with your turns kinda felt rewarding. Plus unlike the other versions you're not "buying blindly" in shops for gear upgrades, it tells ya stats an compares to what ya got. Great stuff. One of the few downsides is that clunky, limited, oldschool inventory management but its not a huge deal.

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
- 36 hours, 07 minutes, 0 seconds
The sequels even better than the original! Great cast and story, soundtrack that felt even fresher after hearing the previous one 3 times straight! Its great that your party members have motivations other than getting it on with one another to. This ones not as well optimized for loading but still the pauses between going in an leaving places isn't nearly as long as the handheld Lunar's and the music doesn't cut out so ya. My one big gripe with this is that dungeons are really long. Pretty sure the average is like 5 "floors" deep with very few shorter but oh wells. Got a much bigger world with more ta see and explore! Love it!

.hack//Infection
- 2 hours, 59 minutes, 05 seconds
I recently read about an watched a speedrun of this game which inspired me to do the same! Skipped story, extras, many unnecessary battles... and it wasn't easy but not terribly hard either. Got game over a few times and was super poor to the extent that I kinda had ta plan for what little I could and couldn't buy. Despite being under leveled and under equipped this was still very much doable and fun cause these original .hack games are made in a way that level isn't as important unlike in G.U. The temporary stat boosters ya can buy at shops really really help to even the odds and with some luck you can get the bare minimum needed gear for free and without going outta your way. Pretty cool lil diversion!

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
- 23 hours, 44 minutes, 04 seconds
Had a fun romp through this game! Lack of party chat stinks but somehow I still end up really liking most of the heroes anyhow! I spent hours cheesing the heck outta Torneko's chapter so when I got to the last one money was no issue the entire remainder of the game! Oh an I swapped party members in an out pretty often so everyone had some time to shine!

Final Fantasy VII
- 13 hours, 39 minutes, 05 seconds
An even more successful speedy run then my previous one, by over an hour! Skipped all dialogue, skipped on many free not far outta the way items, skipped the Shinra Mansion, skipped the return to Midgar, skipped nearly all random battles... and so much more! Just blazin' through the game on basically boss exp an limited money/items isn't easy but I still feel its a fun way ta play!

Last edited by Lindz; 04-20-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #362
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
Sega 3D Classics Collection
Although I dun care for the first Sonic game, or Altered Beast, or shooters, I picked this up anyhow in support of physical game releases! An some of the games on there I'm not familiar with (Maze Walker, Power Drift, Puyo Puyo 2) I may end up liking? Besides, ya gotta love that Sugimori drawn boxart!

Beat!
Star Ocean: First Departure
- 18 hours, 09 minutes, 06 seconds
Even with all the backtracking padding this still really feels like half a game. I mean a big chunk of it is simply trying to reunite with a couple of your party members both story & gameplay-wise. But like its sequel its got a fun battle system an hey, the members which can use healing spells can also cast powerful offensive magic to which is kinda a rare thing in rpgs. Good soundtrack to. Can totally hear where some of the tracks from the sequel evolved from.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #363
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Playing: Bloodborne (I don't know how many hours, 15ish?)

AKA Dark Souls for babbies, although I don't know if it's because I played enough Dark Souls to become familiar enough with the basic conceits or because the game encourages higher amounts of aggression in combat in general. Or because I actually was smart and started with a character class/background that doesn't take 40 levels to not be pushing shit uphill.

Beat: X-COM2

Beat this one a while ago, but short thoughts:

-The first (new) X-COM generally required you to rush engineers, because without them you had no satellite network and shit quickly spiraled out of control. In this game you...still rush engineers, because they now staff your facilities and most of said facilities really need to be staffed to get your full use out of them. It's not as gross as it was in the first game, but it's kind of annoying that your early mission decisions are essentially made for you in that respect.

-In general, missions have some sort of timer (either X turns or "before this thing gets blown up") more often than not. This means you have to be more aggressive in contrast to the first XCOM's optimal strategy of hunker down/Overwatch on everyone - the one soldier who moves up, and means that classes who sit in one place (Snipers) tend to lose some of their overall power even if mechanically they more or less are as strong as they were in the first game.

-Character classes got more powerful compared to the first game, but enemy difficulty starts ramping up earlier as well: in your second mission you'll start fighting Sectoids that can mind-control (albeit randomly) and rez corpses as zombies, which is only bearable because it means that they typically forget that they're equipped with guns.

-There's also a greater melee focus in the game, as many units have powerful melee attacks: more importantly, unlike the first game most of these units can either take cover or fly, so you can't simply merrily kite them around while taking 90%+ shots at them. The Ranger soldier class also has a sword for sweet noscope 420 Twitch.tv attacks, but it combines the predictable disadvantages (risky positions, pulling pods accidentally) with horrible end-game scaling: about its only use is one-shotting Sectoids (who take 2x damage from melee attacks) early in the game.

-Speaking of character classes, Grenadiers are the OP/take two if you can class, since they can carry plenty of explosives to destroy cover and ayys, as well as being your only reliable way to strip armor from that Sectopod before it shits all over your Ironman run. Supports now have a drone that lets them heal at range and hack the Gibson, but the inability to easily level up your hacking skill and the low odds on anything worthwhile (with potentially crippling drawbacks if you fail) basically makes it XCOM Russian roulette. Assaults are still good even if their sword goes full derp late game, and the Sniper actually has builds that make sidearm-focused soldiers worthwhile(!). Psionics are now a separate class in their own right, and while it takes a lot more resources and time to get them going their available powers are significantly more bullshit bonkers.

-The game introduces a wide variety of grenade and ammo types that open up a lot of potential tactical setups. It then pisses over all of this by making acquiring most of them completely random for some fucking reason. Smoke Grenades were also bugged and didn't work when I was playing, but you'll never use them anyway since "hide in the smoke bomb like my japanese animes" is not as strong as it was in XCOM 1.

-It's time to let the Chryssalids go, guys: after innumerable games in the series (and every X-COM knockoff having its Chryssalid-equivalent) the fear is no longer there.

Last edited by Blastoise; 05-02-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #364
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Overwatch:

Its the fucking nuts
Old 05-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #365
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Get/play:

Broforce
I picked this up when PSN offered it as one of their PS+ games. Admittedly I didn't want to touch it because of the name, but after watching some gameplay footage, I decided to pick it up. This game is fucking awesome. Everyone is so fucking overpowered that you and your enemies are having a fight for overpowered bullshit. Actually this is probably my favorite Indy game. Also, if you pick up a copy, it must be for PS4. I love what the controller does when beating a stage.

Battleborn
So after a full preorder list of sequels, I figured I would atleast get something that isn't a stinking sequel. I regret choosing this. It's not a bad game by any means, but it represents many things that I just don't care for in some games. It seems that Battleborn is enjoyed solely with other players, which I would rather not do in a FPS. There's also not much incentive to pick up go around picking up items, since there isn't much in the way of loot. There isn't much in the way of character growth either. I remember the developers calling this a "First person dungeon crawler", which I call BS on. One detail about this game I find hilarious is the fact that the logo looks almost exactly like the logo for Broforce.

Beat:

Dark Souls III
Well I actually beat this a while back. I figure that since no-one really cares about this, I'll just post it here. When I said the first areas were difficult, I was wrong. I simply chose a difficult starting character. I played the first bits as different characters and they were pretty easy. I'm not sure on how to feel about the game overall. It's enjoyable, but it just feels kind of empty. When thinking about it objectively, it's still a great game. Maybe I am just burnt out on Dark Souls? I hope not.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #366
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Does it vibrate like a sex toy because if so I'm sold
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 05-19-2016, 01:57 AM   #367
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Broforce is very cool but as far as I can see you can only play it offline co-op so that just isn't viable as a regular thing for me and my friend. Also the "Holy shit did you just shoot that barrel and kill me agaiiiin" gets a little old :p

However if you can do offline co-op regularly and really want to test your relationship it's great.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:09 AM   #368
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Does it vibrate like a sex toy because if so I'm sold
The light on the PS4's controller flashes red, white, and blue.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #369
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

boooooo

0/10 worst game
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 05-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #370
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Get:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked [3DS]

Although I haven't actually played this yet, I'm a huge fan of the Shin Megami Series as well as it's subseries of Persona. (Persona 4 is probably one of my top 5 favourite games) My boyfriend actually bought me this as an anniversary present because he found it at the local game shop and thought I might enjoy it.

Yo-Kai Watch [3DS]

I'm always a sucker for Pokemon clones, I pick up any I see usually and this has been on my list since it came out. I was very tentative, especially after seeing a review from a youtuber calling it awful. However, after playing Moco Moco Friends and finding it charming I thought I should at least give Yo-Kai the time of day. Overall it's pretty good, a little bit shallow but I'm quite sure it's targeted towards fairly young kids so I get that. The full voiceacting is nice and some of the Yo-Kai are actually pretty cute.

So far like, 7/10.

Playing:

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth [PC]
Those challenges are super dumb I'm done like 8/20 for the original Rebirth ones and like none for the Afterbirth ones it sucks. I kinda just play this in my spare time though so I don't expect to get those done super fast.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky [DS]
My favourite game of all time tbh, I picked this up again because I kept seeing cute fanart and really had an urge to play it again. This will probably be my fourth sweep of the game and once I'm done I'll probably either play Blue Rescue Team again or give Super Mystery Dungeon another shot.

Beat

Okami HD [PS3]
- 31 hours | 12 minutes -
Another big favourite of mine, played this bad boy again to attempt to unlock a lot of the stuff I missed on my first playthrough like the added costumes for Ammy. Also to get more of the trophies on this run.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:06 AM   #371
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I spent some of the previous months playing some older games. Not sure why, but I felt like it.

Beat:

Metroid
I never got to properly play this game, since my original copy was glitched all to hell and unplayable. After playing this, I see I wasn't missing much. This game is frustrating to say the least. Alot of NES games are, but I have a difficult time saying that this game isn't bad. Super Metroid supposedly fixes most of this game's flaws, but my memory of Super Metroid isn't too fresh.

Kid Icarus
A game that I never got to play. This one is a strange game. It gets much easier as you play. The first few levels are probably the most difficult in the game. While Pit gains powerups, his shortcomings are fixed, making the rest of the game much easier. Overall, it's a solid NES title.

Megaman 1 & 2
More games that went past my radar. The first game is brutal. That last level was ridiculous with that effing golem and an enemy Megaman that's 10x stronger than you (why wasn't he the main hero?) in one level. The second game eases it up, but maybe a bit too much. Extra lives drop pretty often. Also when I fought Washing Machine Man for the first time, I failed dodging his projectiles several times while mindlessly shooting projectiles. I heard the death sound, expecting to start over, only to see that I won. It confused the fuck out of me. I still think 2 is a better game though. It seems to have many more memorable moments.

Kirby Superstar
This game is why I've been in a Kirby craze the past month. Well that and stress. Kirby is great for stress. Because of age, it is rare that I play an older game and think "this is fantastic!". Despite that, Kirby Superstar gave that reaction. I enjoyed the hell out of Kirby Superstar. It has so much personality, and there's so much to do. This seems to be the game that gave Kirby's forms more than just "press A button to do effect" and gave each form its own controls. I loved the last adventure section, where you gain your abilities permanently.

Get/beat:

Kirby's Epic Yarn
This is a fantastic game to play if you're going through a rough patch. It's so adorable and calming. It's easy and simple, yet has enough gameplay variety and creativity to keep you interested in progressing.

With part of my current thing for Kirby, I also picked up Planet Robobot.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:26 AM   #372
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

You're 100% right about Kirby, I adore it. Planet Robobot is really awesome too! Amazing music, great and fun level design, and the Robobot itself is very well implemented.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 06-28-2016, 12:14 AM   #373
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Kirby to me is the ultimate series for stress relief. Finals week started around when Robobot was released and it helped me unwind when I wasn't busy studying.
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #374
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Soooo far behind.

Beat!
Maze Walker
- 3 minutes, 50 seconds
Grabbed the high score but didn't live long enough ta get very far! Game sure wasn't what I was expecting going by its title but its one I wanna put more time into since its pretty fun.

Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean
- 16 hours, 06 minutes, 42 seconds
I remembered this game not being great but sheesh is it ever so average, or heck even below average in some regards. Like there are't even any surprise attacks at battle starts. The musics just okay, and the dungeons are short which is pretty nice. The localization boosted bosses HP but that only made battling them more boring than difficult. The Saturn had many classics but this isn't one of 'em!

Golden Sun
- 14 hours, 09 minutes, 43 seconds
From one average rpg to another? GS at least looks nice considering the system its on and the music is top notch. Using your powers outside of battle ta clear puzzles is always fun! The worlds still pretty neat even if the cast of characters are pretty standard. Still very enjoyable!

Evolution Worlds
- 18 hours, 51 minutes, 33 seconds
Two Dreamcast games in one... only they really gutted the first games content which led to way to many "shutup an let me save an quit" moments throughout. I like an dislike this game, its fun at time but dungeons just get way to long way to fast especially if you're dumb like me an tackle 'em in one sitting! Standard rpg story and character, but there is something charming about 'em. Not the kind of game I'd try to 100% though thats for sures.

Phantasy Star Ř
- 01 hours, 06 minutes, 47 seconds
Blowing through the easiest difficulty with a high level character for a quick burst of fun after the previous games dungeon crawling wore me down! Worked like a charm! Shame this game was stuck on the DS, as its alot better than PSO!

.hack//Mutation
- 03 hours, 41 minutes, 32 seconds
Another speedy run! Surprised it was even that quick since unlike Infection I had no speedrun to copy from. Money management was much less of a concern since item costs remain the same but the money ya earn from selling newer stuff just keeps going up so I'll be starting off the next game with a much more comfortable amount of healing goods!

Parasite Eve
- 08 hours, 52 minutes, 26 seconds
Game wasn't as hard as I remembered but the cutscenes ugh, wish they were skippable. So much grossness! The worst things about the game are its clunky menus and item holding limits really. Square had a good thing going with this game an how it worked, dunno why they botched the series so hard afterwards.

.hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth
- 05 hours, 04 minutes, 07 seconds
Started replaying this on its 10th anniversary of the JP release an finished the day after! Skipping cutscenes + NG+ = one super short game!

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
- 25 hours, 43 minutes, 26 seconds
Supposedly the best DQ game but honestly a large chunk of the game just drags and it takes far to long to learn Zoom for that matter! On the bright side the story is pretty neat, even if very depressing. The focus on monsters being a big part of your party worked well to, I had as many of them on my endgame team as I did humans! My Golem totally rocked the final boss harder than anyone else did!

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus: Episode 1
- 01 hour, 11 minutes, 25 seconds
zzz

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus: Episode 2
- 01 hour, 23 minutes, 19 seconds
no comment

Skies of Arcadia
- 37 hours, 55 minutes, 38 seconds
Been a long time since I last played this but it still holds up as an all time RPG classic! The world, the music, even the battles rock! Plus ya get an airship right from the start lol. Game had alot fewer dungeons than I remembered but heck, the overworld basically is one so its not like there's a lack of content! Someday a Discoveries guide will be written thats easy to follow an lacking in misinformation >.>

Style Savvy: Trendsetters
- 27 hours, 06 minutes, 27 seconds
A nice happy game I've been playing on/off the last 3 an a half years. With the sequel incoming I powered through the last main bits of it, with style! Aside from Contests being nailbiters everyings nice an chill. Just fun ta pick up an play in super short bursts. Dressing up, helping a few customers, taking photos, etc.!
Old 06-29-2016, 11:18 PM   #375
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Picked Up:
Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light
Decent shooter, although all those weird vision sections always confuse the shit out of me. I died like 5 times walking the wrong direction because of how vague those sections are. I took a break cause I started to get a bit motion sick ~_~;; This doesn't happen often but pops up now and then. Might have to tweak the mouse sensitivity and not frantically aim everywhere so much.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games