UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Hydreigon UPN PASBL: Trinity vs Sphealdrill

Time to take more match's on the ref queue. Feels good. Hopefull this SP thing will be all worth it in the end. Anyway, Trinity is a newbie with a cool name, although I'm not sure what its meant to represent. Sphealdrill has been here for quite some time if I'm not mistaken, and is a relatively established trainer. Anyway, stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats
Trinity (a) vs. SphealDrill (c)
3v3
Singles
Slapstick
Switch=KO
48HR DQ
Equilevel 2 (or higher, if you qualify and so prefer)
Arena: Shifting Stadium
Ooooooooooh, shifting stadium. Sounds like fun, although if I forget to RNG after the 5 rounds, remind me please. New ref, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena
Shifting Stadium (Outdoor Custom Arena): A large stadium similar to Pummelo Stadium that shifts environments on a regular basis. It can simulate many more environments than Pummelo Stadium, however. The stadium shifts once every 4 or 5 rounds, to a random environment. The environments are:
Normal Stadium (10% chance): Not really an environment, but a normal stadium with the same rules as a Clay Arena. All battles must start with this environment.
Grass Field (10% chance): A grass field almost exactly like the Grass Field from the Indigo League in the Anime. In other words, all grass and nothing else.
Rock Field (10% chance): A Rock Field almost exactly like the Rock Field from the Indigo League. There are several Snorlax-sized boulders in this arena.
Water Field (10% chance): A Water Field almost exactly like the Water Field from the Indigo League. In other words, there are two Snorlax-sized platforms floating on the surface of the water, across from each other.
Ice Field (10% chance): An Ice Field similar to the Ice Field from the Indigo League, with a few very small glaciers around the arena.
Forest Fire (10% chance): A Forest Arena, except the forest is on fire, and the fire does spread quickly.
Beach (10% chance): A Beach Arena, but without all the volleyball nets and other things you might find at a beach, other than... well, the actual beach.
Snow-Capped Mountain (10% chance): A few enormous snow-capped mountains. They aren't very hard to climb for a Pokemon with sharp claws or Pokemon that can grip the ice, but other Pokemon will have some problems.
Swamp (10% chance): A Swamp Arena, with simulated fog. There is a fog machine somewhere in the arena, and the fog will become much less dense if the fog machine is destroyed.
Desert (10% chance): A vast desert, full of cacti. However, in most cases, it will be a desert without the extremely high temperatures.
One arena can be picked up to three times in a row, but an unlimited amount of times for the entire match.
Special Rules: Fog (Swamp only), Boulders (Rock Field only), Ice Field (Ice Field only), Water under Ice (Ice Field only), Pontoons (Water Field only), Sandy (Desert only), Snow Cover (Snow-Capped Mountain only), Thin Ice (Ice Field only), Stadium, Onlookers, Artificial Lighting, Announcer
I'm sure you two know the order well enough, but since Trinity is pretty new, I'll go over it again.

Sphealdrill posts his squad of 6.
Trinity posts his/her squad of six, and chooses first mon.
Sphealdrill chooses first mon and orders.
Trinity orders.
I ref.
Reverse the order, ref, and so on.

Got it? Good. Let the match begin!

Squad from Sphealdrill, please.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks Midgeorge! "Trinity" is actually the nickname for a group of the most famous supermodels of all time. My whole squad is nicknamed after supermodels or "so-gorgeous-you-should-have-been-a-model" women.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Thanks Midgeorge! "Trinity" is actually the nickname for a group of the most famous supermodels of all time. My whole squad is nicknamed after supermodels or "so-gorgeous-you-should-have-been-a-model" women.
Well, that answers my confusion about whether you're a boy or a girl.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

Hahahaha does it? I am a girl if you're wondering.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
SphealDrill
Boulder Badge

Level 2 Male Seel
Special Technique: Aurora Shield (Ice)
By combining Aurora Beam and Safeguard, Seel creates a rippling, multicoloured shield around himself. While most physical objects will pass through the shield, including Pokemon, any energy attacks are simply absorbed by the shield and reflected back at their source. The shield also blocks the use of draining moves, and the shimmering colours may make eye contact skills like Hypnosis slightly harder to use. The shield takes about a Hydro Pump's worth of energy to create, is considered a two-mover and can only be used as the only move of a round, can only be used one per battle, and will only stay up for one round. Seel also loses the ability to cast Protect.

Level 2 Male Grotle
Special Training: Natural Negativity Resistance (UNKNOWN)
Turtwig, being such a perseverant fellow, has trained such that it is able to overcome the drawbacks of some of its attacks. Turtwig's Superpower, Curse and Leaf Storm moves no longer reduce Turtwig's own abilities. However, Turtwig is no longer able to use Double Team, Solarbeam, Substitute, Amnesia, Stealth Rock or Protect.

Exeggcute Male Exeggcute Level 2
Special Training: Telekenetic Displacement Effeciency
It's hard to avoid or dodge attacks when you're a bunch of eggs. You've got to make do with what you have though, and make it work. Exeggcute's Teleport uses up 25% less energy.

Level 2 Male Quilava
Special Technique: Blistering Aura (Fire)
Quilava surrounds himself with flames ala Flame Wheel. The flames will hurt any Pokemon in physical contact with Quilava for a rate of Fire-type Ember damage per contact, though prolonged contact can burn non-Fire types, at referee's discretion. Quilava himself suffers no damage from the flames, due to his non-flammable fur, however maintaining the flames is an energy-costing move, costing the rate of a Flamethrower per round the aura is up. While the aura is active, Quilava is unable to use Flame Wheel, and being given the command to de-ignite will automatically disperse the aura as well. In addition, Water attacks hitting Quilava will deal damage as if hitting open flames while the aura is up. The aura costs about an Ember's worth of energy to start up, but both creating and dispersing the aura counts as seperate moves, and must be commanded. Quilava may only summon the aura thrice per battle. The aura lasts a maximum of 3 rounds, upon which it automatically dissipates at the end of the round (does not count as a move if dispersed automatically).

M Sandshrew Level 2

Aron: Level 2 Male Aron
Special Training: Final Burst
If Aron is ordered to use Metal Burst and would faint due to loss of health from a super effective attack (Water, Fighting, Ground), Aron has a 50% chance of successfully pulling off the Metal Burst before fainting. Energy usage is still taken into account of the success of the Burst- if pulling off the Metal Burst would use up more energy than Aron can afford, Aron faints without pulling it off.
SphealDrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

If I'm not mistaken, I think I get to uplevel Pokemon for this match. If i'm incorrect, please tell me.

Vivienne- Level 2 Female Gothorita
Bio: Vivienne was named after Vivien Leigh.

Rory: Level 2 Female Quagsire
Rory was named after Rory Gilmore. Rory likes to defy the common notion that Quagsires are dorky, ugly Pokemon. At first, she put on a lot of makeup and tried to look "pretty", but she ended up looking like a weird mudskipper/circus clown. Rory decided to embrace nature, hippie culture, and weed as a release from her insecurities, and became enlightened. She is still a supermodel in her own way, though!
Special Defense: Flower Child (Grass)
Due to her affinity for nature (and weed), Rory now only takes 300% damage from Grass-attacks. Rory cannot use Icy Wind because she has rejected the use of mouthwash and other "pretty girl" items.

Linda- Level 2 Female Murkrow
Bio: Linda was named after Linda Evangelista. Along with Christy and Naomi, Linda is part of the famous "Trinity". Linda loves the nightlife and meeting new people. She'll stay up partying until the brink of dawn. In one of her messy hangovers, she inadvertently learned a new technique.

Alani- Level 2 Female Scraggy
Bio: Alani was named after Alani Vazquez. Alani's love is like...wo. Alani's kiss is like...wo. Alani's touch is like...wo. Alani's ass is like...wo. Alani's sex is like...wo. Alani's body is like...wo. And you would do well to remember that.

Winona- Level 2 Female Growlithe
Winona was named after Winona Ryder. Winona was the second Pokemon I ever caught after Nola. Like her namesake, Winona is prone to fits of pique where she cannot help but steal everything in sight. I found her in Mistralton City while waiting at the airport for the plane to Striaton City. She stole my luggage, and when I started to run after her, she displayed an ingenious getaway device. Fortunately, a police officer nabbed Winona and she joined me on my journey, but she has not lost her rascally tendencies and has perfected her "perfect getaway".

Ariane- Level 2 Female Dratini
Ariane was named after Ariane Bourgoin. Ariane is a rare Dratini that I found in the icy waters of Snowpoint City. Because she is so used to the cold, her body type is a little different than that of other Dratini's. She is an icy beauty-at first sight a little intimidating, but ultimately a warm and motherly Pokemon.

Ariane! Rock the runway!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
SphealDrill
Boulder Badge

Uplevel yes, but no equievo. The only thing that's affected means you have a Wooper instead of a Quagsire.

Seel, you're up! Keep things simple this round, Aurora Beam, follow it up with another.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

Agility to dodge the first Aurora Beam. Take the second, and follow up with a lovely head-on Zap Cannon.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 1: Typespam wins battles, kids.

Trinity sends out the first pokemon, deciding on Ariane the Dratini, a very good pokemon in ASB terms, having only two weaknesses, only one of which being common, and having a huge movepool.

Quote:
Dratini (Dragon) Dratini can move equally well in the water and the ground, but they prefer water, as they cannot fly like their higher evolutions.
[Dragon]: Dragons tend to be good swimmers and fliers. However, they hate cold weather.
Sphealdrill, seeing the Dragon type, has chosen a pokemon that can counter it relatively well, the not ice type Seel. This pokemon is rarely seen in the PASBL, due to its 3 type movepool, but it works relatively well against this foe.

Quote:
Seel (Water): Seel and Dewgong can move on land, but it’s slow and awkward, so they prefer to swim if they can. Both Seel and Dewgong can survive freezing temperatures, and the Seel family is one of the most nimble in the water.[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
We'll be starting on the Normal Stadium.

Let the match begin!

Seal kicks this round off with the glorious trait known as typespam, charging some Ice energy at the base of its horn. The Aurora Beam is fired, leaving a rainbow like trail behind it, as it approaches Ariane. Ariane is ready for this, and slithers away with a quick burst of Agility. The widespread nature of the attack, however, means that some of the attack clips Dratini on the tail as it moves away, the attack doing some good damage.

Spheal continues the ice onslaught, firing off yet another Aurora Beam at Ariane, this time with no orders to avoid it. She gets his pretty much full force, the attack dealing some more Super Effective damage. Ariane now see's it fit to retaliate, with some more typespam. She charges up some Electrical energy, heavily concentrated into a ball, and shoots it like a Cannon. Spheal, being naturally sluggish out of water, gulps before... ZAP! He gets hit for huge damage, and his muscles start to lock up, heavy paralysis taking effect.

Ariane took Beyond Extreme damage, a mild way above the first quarter. Energy usage was also hefty, a Moderate way above the first quarter. Electric has a Decent amount left.

Seal took a nice dose of fuck you this round, now on its way to the midpoint. Energy usage was Major, but still has a way to go before the first quarter. Severely Paralyzed. Ice has a high amount left in the tanks.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

If he tries to use an Ice move, LT Agility to dodge. Zap him with a Thunderbolt next.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #11
SphealDrill
Boulder Badge

Hmm, while I'm aware that Seel isn't the most mobile, given how slow Zap Cannon is, I'd have expected a partial dodge, especially since he's pretty fresh and I assume there's considerable distance between the two thanks to the Aurora Beams and the Agility.

In any case, Ice Shard to force him to dodge. Then Encore that Agility, please.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #12
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I did RNG for a partial dodge, with less of a chance of happening due to sluggishness. No dice.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 2: YAY RUNNING AWAY

Ariane, fearing any more Ice Attacks from Seel, waits an attack to happen so she'll be ready for when it comes. Seel, seeing that this is the case, uses it to his advantage, forcing the dodge by firing a sharp Shard of Ice at Ariane. Despite the speed of the attack, Ariane manages to conjure up a quick burst of Agility and avoid the attack.

Seel looks amazed at how gracious Ariane was in pulling off that Agility, and applauds her. She looks back over at Seel, and smiles. A fan wanting to see an Encore was something she surely wouldn't pass up, and she readies another burst of agility, over to the other side of the arena, and looking back at Seel. Seel applauds once more, but in his mind, this was his cunning plan all along.

Mwuahahahahahaha

Seel took no damage, used some energy. Ice is at a Solid amount. Blah blah.

Ariane took no damage, used Major energy, now a decent way into the second quarter.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 12-24-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #14
SphealDrill
Boulder Badge

Ice went from 'high amount left in the tanks' to 'gone'?

Sorry, just clarifiyng.

How bad is the paralysis now?
Old 12-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #15
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I'll have to redo most of this round, I forgot about Paralysis. Vare with me.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. Paralysis doesn't really mean much in this round. Seel can still make happy sounds, so that counts as Encore.

Paralysis is still pretty bad. Zap Cannon paralysis usually lasts for 1-3 rounds. I'll RNG it for the round, but for now its still pretty bad.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 12-24-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
SphealDrill
Boulder Badge

Ice energy?
Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Solid.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
SphealDrill
Boulder Badge

You've got a good distance between you two thanks to all those Agilities, so take a time to set up an Aqua Ring. If he tries anything that would pop many bubbles, Disable it.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #19
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

Thunderbolt, then slap him with a fierce Dragon Rush.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
SphealDrill
Boulder Badge

Just a bump.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I'll get to it soon. Priorities.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #22
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

Bump to first page
Old 01-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #23
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Alright, I'm going to get this done tomorrow afternoon, promise. Sorry for making you wait guys.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #24
Trinity
Pokemon Trainer

It's fine. If I was impatient, I apologize.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #25
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 3: Blue Spherical Orbs OF DOOM

Seal, now out of Ice Energy, decides to take a defensive stance, and forms some Aqua coloured spheres, ten of them, which form a Ring around Seals head. Ariane, seeing that Seel has ignored her Agility, goes down the opposite route, and takes an offensive stance. She attempts to muster up some electrical energy, and fires a weakened Thunderbolt at Seel, not managing to pop any bubbles though.

Seel keeps on a Lookout, for any moves that might ruin his defensive strategy. Ariane, angry from not being able to do any damage, Rushes towards Seel, coated in Dragon energy, and slams into him. Seel is knocked a ways back, and his muscles are jolted back into action. The round ends as one of the Spheres above Seel's head starts to coat him in a Blue Veil, restoring some health, but not much.

Seel took 2 big hits this round, and the slight gain in health at the end of the round puts him a Decent way below the midpoint. Energy use was high.

Ariane took no damage, again, and used a fair amount of energy.

Trinity~

Last edited by Midgeorge; 01-06-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL