UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #51
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

trying to get ME1 complete so i can get ME2 going, oh i just LOVE the mako bits........

Also gonna try and actually play pkmon SS i got it and didnt play it, so its time to fix that : )

You talkin to me?
Bluejolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #52
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejolteon View Post
oh i just LOVE the mako bits
I desperately hope that is sarcasm.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #53
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

indeed it is, there is one reason i hate it, the damned main cannon(the automatic one) has the WORST aiming i have EVER seen :/

You talkin to me?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #54
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Never heard that aiming the Mako was ever an issue. I always thought it was the dull planet scenery, the awful drive pathing, and the vast number of totally pointless missions involved with it.

Did I really need to drive to a dumb generic outpost to shoot people? Did I really need to drive up an 89 degree wall to skip the stupidly impossible to find level driving way to it? Do we really even care about the credits we got from finding a dumb rock in the ground or some alien artifact?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #55
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Removing the driving sections entirely was probably THE greatest change in the sequel. The driving parts in the DLCs they released were so much more improved than the Mako that I might actually enjoy them if some were included in ME3.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #56
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

ok granted the mako is horrible when theres a blizzard, or u have to climb up a cliff, or when u have to drive all over a planet to get to something u could just get dropped there......everytime. But Raptor what i mean by the aiming is....well u try shooting anything accuratly when u are on an uneven surface you'll see what i mean

You talkin to me?
Old 05-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #57
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
- ??? hours
.... ;_; Umm ya this ones pretty different from other HMs. In terms of farm duties theres more of a focus on animals then crops and making loads of cash. Its sorta more story driven to what with being broken up into chapters and having to get married by the end of the first year otherwise its the game ends there! Raising your kid is kinda a big part of things to which was an interesting thing to do since they're usually just eyecandy in other HMs. Pretty slowpaced but a fun HM all the same. Some people in the town aged as the game progressed and some came and went which really I dun remember experiencing in a game before. Kinda sim-ish I guess? Pretty unique and enjoyable stuff but after this I dunno if I can bring myself to finish playing through Another Wonderful Life.

Hm... so what to play/beat next. My backlog is down to 19 games, a number of which I can't beat. Hmm...

Last edited by Lindz; 05-05-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #58
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

just pick ur fav that u can beat

You talkin to me?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #59
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- Star Ocean: First Departure
Between PS:P2 and now this poor Personas getting buried. Oh well for $0.86 cents whos complaining? Another old, long time wanted, reason ta have a PSP game, gotten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejolteon View Post
just pick ur fav that u can beat
I can't! Someone pick for me from the list below!

Suikoden III
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White
The Pinball of the Dead
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
Mega Man X Collection (not X6 screw that game lol)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Star Ocean: First Departure
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #60
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Mega Man X collection.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #61
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Mega Man X collection.
Thanks for picking the hardest one! (Jerk)

I've beaten X & X4 in the distant past so its really only X2/3/5 I need ta beat.

After 30 minutes of playing X2 I beat a maverick! Fuck you Wire Sponge and your death spikes and windy stage and your stupid thorns to! I'm going ta sleep with bruised fingers now -.-;
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #62
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

completed ME1 with my paragon vanguard : D but i cant play ME2 till i get my microsoft points to buy CN cus my game was used i cant use free code :/

You talkin to me?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #63
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Mega Man X 2
- 7 hours~
After a 6 hour marathon (40 minutes of which was took refilling all 4 subtanks 1 small energy at a time) today I'ma ask this: does it count as being beaten if I got to the checkpoint of X Hunter stage 3? Cause thats as far as I'm ever gonna get. Spikes in long tight jumps on both the upper and lower route says I can't progress no more. Using the Gamecube controller is totally a handicap to btw. Said controller also got lobbed across the room by the end of it all so ya. I don't think I like X games. They're just to demanding and need to much button use an junk. Gimme classic Mega Man anyday.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #64
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I don't understand, but then again I grew up on Mega Man, found Mega Man 9's difficulty to be overhyped, etc etc. I would say giving up before the end doesn't count as beating it, but if you honestly can't get past spikes (.......... really? O.o They've been a series staple since the original!) then I guess that means you have to call it quits. The Mega Man X series is pretty forgiving though what with its energy tank system, something Capcom was only too happy to include for its fans in future installations. I forget the subtle differences between X, X2, and X3, but I don't remember X2's stages as being particularly difficult. Maybe they were and I've just forgotten too soon.

Well, just try your personal best and then shelve the game for another day -- one that may never come, but so what -- and move on to the next title.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #65
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

now i need to figure out what game to buy and grind next....im thinking bioshock or gears of war....any suggestions

You talkin to me?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #66
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I don't understand, but then again I grew up on Mega Man, found Mega Man 9's difficulty to be overhyped, etc etc. I would say giving up before the end doesn't count as beating it, but if you honestly can't get past spikes (.......... really? O.o They've been a series staple since the original!) then I guess that means you have to call it quits. The Mega Man X series is pretty forgiving though what with its energy tank system, something Capcom was only too happy to include for its fans in future installations. I forget the subtle differences between X, X2, and X3, but I don't remember X2's stages as being particularly difficult. Maybe they were and I've just forgotten too soon.

Well, just try your personal best and then shelve the game for another day -- one that may never come, but so what -- and move on to the next title.
I grew up on classic MM to. I played X around when it was released and then X4 when it came out but never really followed the series and as such never got used to its punishing mechanics. I'll take E tanks over having to grind to fill subtanks any day, those things stink!

I dunno about that spike part, it has a 1 up right there so you can try over and over and over but I reached the retry point of ragequitting! I tried dash jumping, I tried getting hit by the enemies to run through spikes, I tried charged speed burner(?) but I just always messed up. Now if I ever do go back not only will I have to replenish my subtanks AGAIN (because even in the age of save files the games won't remember you had them filled up!) but also refight Serges and ya know what, no just no x_x;

To make up for epic failure I am replaying Mega Man 8 which many people hate but I happen ta like! There are bad things about it namely the snowboard segments but overall it plays and feels good to me! Not to mention that its still beautiful looking an puts MM9 & 10 to shame despite being 12/14 years older than those cheap retro cash-ins and even better then MM Powered Up (though I do like its style). Already got intro, mid & 5 robot masters down. Wily Tower snowboard part will test my blood pressure as the spike pit did but until then its all good~

Someone make an all things MM thread its totally warranted I says!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #67
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Nah, I loved 9. I'd say it was probably the best original-era Mega Man I've ever played after 3 if we're talking stage design only and it was probably the third or fourth most memorable (as 1, 2, and 3 all top it in that department). The series began to go downhill with 4 onward imo. (I've played to completion 1-6 and 9 only, so I can't really rate 7 or 8 other than what I've seen on Youtube, in video game reviews, etc. 8 looks pretty atrocious though. You're definitely an outlier for liking that one ^^; , but whatever! Everyone finds themselves in that boat sometimes! I've got a friend irl who swears the best FF ever was FF8! This despite the terrible battle system and the aggravatingly ridiculous plot. As for 10, that's the first Mega Man I've thought was honest-to-God hard.)

But yeah. Stage design-wise? I think 9 was phenomenal. The stages offer just the right balance between challenging the first time around and fun the first time and all subsequent times around. The routes are generally very logical, very scenic (for a Mega Man game, that is >_>), very memorable. I think the eight Robot Masters of the game, too, with the solitary exception of Galaxy Man, were all very good boss ideas and they reflect what were probably the very best ideas that people submitted over the years for an eventual ninth game. (I think this really shows when you consider how retarded the boss ideas were for the tenth MM game and how much they hearken back to some of the lamer villains from the X series.)

I've always been a sucker for story, though, even though that isn't what Mega Man was originally about: and so it should be no surprise that my favorite was Mega Man Zero 1. That had a nice story with a mega ";_;" plot twist at the end. The way I seem to have interpreted the plot of that game is at odds with what's written down in Wikipedia's plot summary for the game, so I'll have to go back and replay the game some day (maybe I should re-purchase it, now for the DS, since they have the 4-in-1 game pak?) and see if I'm remembering it wrong or if the kid who wrote the Wiki article is. Anyway, it was a really good game, and I think this fan art sums up the tearful plot twist at the end pretty well ... even if they did feminize one of the characters a bit much. (click for picture, MMZ1 end game spoiler!)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #68
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Mega Man 8
- 4~5 hours
I like this game but I already said that! There are some stumbling points like Astromans stage being a dumb boring puzzle, and jump jump slide die but otherwise ya know its classic Mega Man. Difficultys about on par with the old games to aside from it being generous with weapon and health restores which is good because the weapons in this game are great! The lack of E tanks is weird and annoying, they would be much appreciated for the first Wily tower boss and Wily himself since those are the toughest battles in the game. I actually died to Wily 2 with him having one health left and was gonna leave it at that but went back and perservered! I used the laser, energy balancer, and hyper charge upgrades btw. Would've liked the weapon energy enhancer but didn't feel like hunting bolts. Maybe next time!

edit! Also I got past the Wily 1 jetsled segment on my first try! Maybe being tense an focused on not failing helps!

Last edited by Lindz; 05-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #69
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Mega Man 3
- 1~2 hours
Fun fun MM game. Its either this one or 4 which is my fave of them all. I like top spinning through boss doors and sliding since its faster then running. Slide jumps are nice to the rare times I pull 'em off. This games pretty easy and I think by accidentally playing on easy mode I made it easier but w/e its still good!

Ohhh and utilizing the power of save states to spare what little sanity of mine was left I finished beating MMX2 for reals last night. The Sigma head fight is just like right there the one thing I can point to that is everything wrong with the X series to me. Its a real grind and never seems like its gonna end and just throws to much at ya, your always having to be moving and crap an I'm just not twitchy enough for it. Dunno about trying X3 on emulator (in X2 it seemed difficult to dash-wall-jump with my PS3 pad maybe I just didn't have it setup right) or on Gamecube cause well also cause of the controller.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #70
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

Mass Effect 2: Completed it with vanguard charicter (DLC and all) now i only have 3 other ME 1 charicters to make and import: another paragon and 2 renegades

SS: Stopped playing pkmon again for a while, im gonna try and get into it again and actually complete what i can

You talkin to me?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #71
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Some GETs courtesy of Sony's "oh God, we lost a shitload of user information due to an SQL injection made by a 12 year-old AGAIN" division:

PS3:
-LittleBigPlanet
-Wipeout HD bundle

PSP:

Dunno, probably Modnation Racers and LittleBigPlanet PSP. It's either that or Killzone Liberation (bleh) or Pursuit Force (bleh x 2).
Old 06-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #72
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

dunno if i can do all 3 remaining mass effect runs (1 paragon and 2 renegade to import)
but im gonna try my best to survive this

You talkin to me?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #73
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

The Bard's Tale:
22 Hours
I had this one for the Xbox, but never ended up finishing it before I came down to Australia. Then I gave the box and games to my cousin, so I didn't get to see what happened in the end. I ended up buying the game for the PC online for $10 in the past few months, and now I've beaten it.

The game is a load of fun, the Bard is voiced by Carey Elwes and is a conniving, greedy, selfish, horny bastard. He and the narrator argue constantly, and the dialogue is quite amusing. The game doesn't take itself seriously at all, mocks the fantasy game genre, has some unique choice chat trees (even picking the nice option, the Bard isn't that nice), and it had goblin-type things which could run up at any time and sing a song about something morally questionable the Bard just did.

However, the combat system is annoying if you go the more melee route and it's easy to get mobbed in those situations, and the graphics certainly haven't aged well. That aside, I had a blast playing through the game all the way, and each of the multiple endings was fairly surprising. Give it a try if you get a Steam credit and don't know what to use it on, or something.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #74
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Demo'd:
- Little Big Planet PSP
Ya know your in for something bad when a *demo* has to install data before ya can play it. Playing this reminded me why I didn't like my first taste of LBP in gamestop so many years ago. Its so very slow and clunky. It took me about 15 minutes to complete the first level! Yuck! At least this has saved me time that woulda been wasted grabbing the PS3 demo!

- Modnation Racers PSP
I dun care about mods or w/e wheres the options at? Why do I gotta figure out the controls myself? Why can't I turn off that annoying commentator? Okay w/e I kinda find out what the controls are but you gotta use X to drift? Whyyyyy not L? Thats so not right. Bleehhhh can't stand the looks or feel of this game.

Besides Wipeout HD (which'll be F-Zero GX all over again for me in that I won't win at it at all) I'm still not knowing what PSBribes I'ma grab.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #75
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Mortal Kombat 9: lol i dunno

Beat the story mode. Shao Kahn and his 12-hit super armor moves can eat dicks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games