UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 05-15-2017, 12:52 AM   #801
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Casieopia smiled knowingly "The rockets depended on the technology of the civilization. Sometimes more advanced, sometimes less. As for why they let me go? They knew that it was simply time for me to return to the stars."
Cerno prepared himself for the blow. Maybe he could soften it. As the weedle opened his jaws wide he fired COTTON SPOREs into Albus's maw.
Frieghya smiled at Cyanide's words and wiped her tears. She was still shaking a bit, she WISHed she could gain a bit more strength. Suddenly she could feel the sunlight powering her body. She wasn't going to evolve for awhile, but she was getting there.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:08 AM   #802
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Cassopia explained that some of the worlds she had been to had more advanced technology, others less so. The reason they had let her go back into space, was simply because it was her time to return.

"That's pretty cool." Shibo nodded. "But...I bet they were probably pretty sad to let you go. It's good that you got to return home though."
----
Telpo was completely caught of guard as Shelly's voice echoed through his mind. Though he had been interested in trying to communicate with Shelly, he didn't think it was going to work.
"Well, it looks like this works after all." Telpo smiled as his voice rang in the Torkoal's head.
"But umm...tell me if you want me to stop." The Abra added, noticing that Shelly had retreated into her shell.
----
It seemed Luna was one step ahead of Hayai! The Swoobat had managed to copy his speed boost, with Psych Up, using the extra speed to dodge out of the way of the Blitzle's attack! She then sent a blast of Stored Power towards Hayai, striking him and causing him to cry out in pain.
"Y-you're pretty good." Hayai said. "But...I'm still going to win....no matter what!" The Blitzle exclaimed.
The only problem was Luna's speed. Hayai knew that he needed to slow her down, if he hoped to land any powerful attacks.
With this in mind, Hayai began to gather more electrical energy, before sending a Thunder Wave towards Luna.
-----
Cyanide decided to take Arthur up on his offer, saying that nobody made her friends cry and got away with it. The next thing Arthur knew, the Umbreon had summoned a series of black sound waves with her Snarl attack! The waves of energy smashed into the Rotom's body, causing Arthur to let out a loud shriek.

"I'll back you up." Pom said, climbing out of the pool before joining Cyanide's side.
"I'm uh..assuming you're ok with that." The Ambipom added.

"What?! Two against one!? This isn't any fair!" Arthur exclaimed, before turning his attention to Frieghya. It seemed the Eevee was doing ok now, she was even smiling!

"Wipe that smug grin off your face!" The Rotom shouted at the pink Eevee.
"Just because your bodyguards are here, doesn't mean I won't still beat you to your dying breath! I can assure you it will be a delight to hear your screams and sobs as I slowly tear each and every limb off your body!" Arthur cackled.
"Then I'll throw your useless carcass to the sea, I'm sure you'll make a great snack for a Carvanha or two."

Pom was quite taken aback by the Rotom's words. Sure, he had known Arthur was a bit loopy, but he didn't realize he was totally psychotic!
Not knowing quite what to say, Pom instead opted to attack. The Ambipom began to surround one of his tails in Shadow, intending to claw Arthur with it.

But Arthur was too fast, and simply floated out of the way of the attack. He then zipped over towards the trio, making sure Frieghya was in range of his next attack. With a smirk, the Rotom let out a Discharge of energy! The burst of electricity spread quite far, striking Pom for some good damage!
Cyanide and Frieghya would also be in range of the attack. Unless they came up with something quick, they too would be struck by the dancing electricity.

----

As Peeves moved up towards the fifth floor, he would be able to catch brief glimpses of the other floors. The second floor looked to be much like the first, various horrifying experiments could be seen within many of the rooms. The third floor appeared to be much nicer then the ones below.
Instead of questionable experiments, this floor seemed to be focused on developing technology. The only thing weird about it...was that all the technology seemed to be the same. From what could be seen, it appeared the machines were some sort of capturing devices...
As the floors got higher, less and less employees could be seen, until finally the Dusknoir reached the fifth floor. Unlike the last couple floors, the fifth one seemed mysteriously empty. The radar's home was apparently somewhere in one of the many rooms, the question was where.
----
Jack explained that, while he hoped Dr. Fuji was alive, he very well could have passed. With Mewtwo blowing up the entire lab, if Dr. Fuji had been at work at the time, he surely wouldn't be among the living.

"O-oh yeah...I-I didn't even think of that." Jake murmured.
Jack continued, saying that he could definitely try and find out what happened, something that Keith agreed to help him on.
"I could help you look into it." Sophie piped up. "I mean, if that's ok with you. I'm sure I can find something on Dr. Fuji, provided that he's still around."
Old 05-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #803
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona listened. "Wow... but... doesn't it get sad sometimes, if you've made friends on a planet and you have to leave them behind?" she wondered out loud. A tear formed in one of her eyes at the idea.

Albus hastily spat out as much Cotton Spore as he could before landing on Cerno. As a result, it took him a few seconds before he was able to sink his tiny teeth into the Cottonee, but once he could, make no mistake, he did! He executed the Bug Bite with great force, and what was more, made no effort to let go just yet.

O-o-oh, it's OK, Shelley's voice responded as Telpo mentioned that he'd stop if she wanted him to. I-I'm just a- a little sh-shy... I- I can't talk, so... and... j-just about everyone else can... I-it's a little intimidating sometimes... B-But- I-I don't mind you doing this, she hastily added.

That's a good attitude to have in a battle, Luna smiled approvingly as Hayai declared he would still win. And thank you. You're pretty good, too, she added. Hayai then fired off a Thunder Wave, in the hopes of paralyzing Luna and slowing her down. And Luna knew this would have the intended effect, too- she wasn't going to be able to shrug off the paralysis like she normally could, not when the opponent was immune to same. She therefore decided to cancel out the attack itself, prevent the paralysis altogether, and so she unleashed her own Thunder Wave. Not at Hayai- that was just asking for trouble, considering his Motor Drive- but at the Thunder Wave he was using, so that each attack would cancel out the other. It was clear that however odd Luna might seem, she was no slouch in battle!

Cyanide gave Pom a kiss and a smile that would leave him in little doubt as to whether the Umbreon was OK with him backing her up. This smile was short-lived, however, as Arthur started yelling at Freighya, going on about beating her to her last dying breath, ripping off her limbs while still alive, throwing her remains to the Carvanha- it was beyond disturbing, made even moreso by the fact that this time he made no effort to play it off as Swoobat mind control. The facade of heroism was crumbling like a Magcargo's shell, revealing the madness within.

Pom had had enough, and went in for a Shadow Claw, which Arthur evaded, before letting loose a Discharge. Pom was struck first, before Cyanide could do anything. "Pom!" Cyanide exclaimed. But the attack wasn't over yet- more electricity came for her and Freighya! Cyanide immediately stepped in front of Freighya, a black aura coming over her body as she took the Discharge, including the part meant for Freighya. As she took the attack, the black aura intensified. "Take this, you nutcase!" Cyanide exclaimed, charging forward, looking to hit Arthur with a powered-up super effective Payback attack.

Peeves felt sick as he ascended through the building. More horrible experiments were taking place on the second floor. The third floor seemed more focused on developing technology. It all seemed to be capturing devices of some sort, though... Another thing Peeves noticed was that the higher he went, the fewer people he saw. Indeed, the fifth floor seemed devoid of people altogether, though this did not prompt the Dusknoir to reveal himself- all it took was the mental image of what Ginny would say if she knew he'd let down his guard like that in enemy territory. Peeves was often one to question the wisdom of what the paranoid Pawniard would teach anyone who listened (and several who didn't), but right now, he figured a little paranoia couldn't hurt. He started to move about the fifth floor through the floors and walls, still invisible, still intangible, in search of that tracker.

"Thanks," Jack nodded to Sophie. "I'd appreciate that. The guy wasn't like the other scientists... maybe he got himself out of Team Rocket," he speculated. He was the first living being I ever Transformed into, I still remember... he always had his doubts about whether joining them was the right thing for him to do."
Old 05-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #804
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassiopia shrugged at the mention of her friends being sad that she left "The majority of them knew that other planents needed my help."
Cerno took the bite with grace it seemed. Now that the weedle was so close he began to DRAIN MEGA amounts of health from Albus.
Frieghya was not going to stand by and let her friends defend her. She stepped up next to Pom and Cyanide and fired off her what was becoming her signature attack. Stars that fired from her tail and SWIFTly struck her opponent.

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 05-15-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #805
EpicSquirtle

"Wait, does that mean you have to leave this planet eventually?" Shibo asked. "Or, is this your home now?"
----
Shelly explained that she was a bit shy, considering she couldn't talk and almost everyone could, she felt a bit intimidated at times. She then added that she didn't mind Telpo doing this.
"That's understandable." Telpo chimed. "But I'm glad you're ok with me doing this, I was kinda worried for a second."

"It seemes to be working." Telpo addressed the rest of the group, realizing he had left them in the dark.
----
Once again Luna complimented Hayai, thanking him for his earlier comment, before saying that the Blitzle was also pretty good.

Luna then countered Hayai's Thunder Wave with her own. The two moves clashed, before canceling each other out.
It seemed Luna had a counter for anything Hayai threw at her. If the Swoobat was just going to counter or dodge everything, Hayai figured that he would have to wait for Luna to attack first.
Keeping this mind, Hayai watched Luna, waiting for her next move...
----
"Y-you can't do t-that!" Arthur sputtered as Cyanide defended Frieghya from the on coming attack.
The Umbreon then smashed into the Rotom, in a means of Payback! The super effective attack sent the Rotom spiraling backwards and onto the floor.

Taking advantage of the opportunity, Pom lunged at Arthur with another Shadow Claw! Unable to react, Arthur was struck with another super effective attack, his health plummeting even further. Frieghya also tried to join in, but her Swift attack proved to be useless on the Ghost type.
"I-is that all you got? Pathetic!" Arthur spat. "You think a couple measly attacks will stop me? The great hero of legend? I laugh at your foolish attempt." The Rotom continued. Despite his words, the Rotom didn't seem to have too much left in him.

Arthur then began to rapidly move between several locations. If Pom didn't know better, he could have sworn he was seeing Double. Soon enough a team of three Rotom clones appeared, perfectly mimicking their creator.
Arthur wasn't finished yet though. The Rotom began to gather energy, firing a ray of it at Pom! The beam managed to hit it's target, it's goal to Confuse the Ambipom seemed to have worked.

As the beam hit Pom, his vision suddenly went blurry, and the world began to spin around him. Pom could no longer tell Frieghya and Cyanide apart from Arthur!
Hoping he was aiming for the Rotom, Pom began to gather poisonous energy, forming it into a ball of Gunk. Pom then shot the ball of garbage at who he thought to be his opponent, Cyanide!

----
Even with no one in sight, Peeves still opted to remain invisible. This proved to be a good idea, for shortly after continuing his investigation, a Mawile could be seen patrolling the hallways....
Unlike the last several floors, this one seemed to have nothing of importance. Many rooms were entirely empty, while others looked as if they hadn't been used in ages. Besides that one Mawile, there wasn't a sign of any life at all.
This floor also seemed quite dirty. While the ones below seemed to be kept in good shape, this one hadn't seen any sort of mop in years. It was hard to believe that it was even part of the same building.

Still, the radar was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps it was deeper within the fifth floor?
----
Jack thanked Sophie for her offer, before explaining that Fuji wasn't like the other scientists, and that he had doubts that joining Team Rocket was the right thing for him.

"No problem, I'm always happy to help." Sophie replied. "But yeah...Dr. Fuji does sound like he's an ok guy."

"Indeed. I too would like to meet him, if I got the chance." Zack said.
"I mean..even if Team rocket is a terrible organization, their technology has always intrigued me. He would probably know a thing or two about it, having worked for them as a scientist..."
Old 05-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #806
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona nodded quietly as Cassiopia explained that for the most part, her friends knew that she was needed elsewhere. It made sense, but she still hated ever having to say goodbye to a friend. She listened intently as Shibo asked whether this planet was Cassiopia's home now, hoping that the answer was yes.

Albus felt the Mega Drain. It stung as he felt energy being sapped from him, but it was very, very ineffective compared to the Gust. He stopped the Bug Bite, but rather than get away from Albus, he too used the close proximity to his advantage, and unleashed a Poison Sting that Cerno very likely wouldn't be able to evade.

I-I'm sorry I took a few seconds t-to reply, came Shelley's thoughts. I-I didn't mean to worry you. Honestly, I... I think having Vinny here is wh-why I wasn't too shy to reply at all... I... I love him so much... If Shelley's face was visible, they'd see that she was blushing profusely at that moment.

For a moment, nothing happened in the battle, as Hayai and Luna each waited for the other to attack. It soon occurred to Luna that Hayai was waiting for her to make a move. Luna considered this- the damage Hayai had taken thus far, it wasn't likely another Stored Power would be sufficient. She had one powerful move she could use, but she wasn't certain even it would be enough, and if it wasn't, it'd leave her wide open to a counterattack of some sort. She decided to try another tactic. Her nostril glowed a soft pink, and she took flight, diving down at the Blitzle, her signature move of Heart Stamp at the ready. If she could land this hit, it might even make Hayai flinch.

"I can, I did, I'm gonna keep doing it, and you can't do shit to stop me," Cyanide retorted as Arthur protested her defending Freighya. She laughed as Arthur referred to himself as some great hero of legend. "Yeah, see, being a hero involves actually thinking like a hero. Not by threatening to rip someone limb from limb and throw their carcass to the Carvanha!" But then, Arthur went into a Double Team, and from there, a Confuse Ray. Aimed at Pom! "Pom! Hey- c'mon, snap out of it!" Cyanide exclaimed, but the Confuse Ray's effect had already taken hold. Pom couldn't tell friend from foe anymore, and as a result, scored a direct hit with Gunk Shot. On Cyanide. The Umbreon took the Gunk Shot head-on, and even felt the nausea kick in as the move poisoned her. Which meant, thanks to her Synchronize, that Pom was now poisoned as well. "Hey... Pom..." Cyanide said, actually managing a brave smile even as the poison ravaged her system. "It's OK... I got this." She closed her eyes and focused hard. Slowly, the yellow rings all over her body started to light up, and an incredibly soothing chiming sound rang out, echoing pleasantly throughout the pool room. Cyanide's smile grew wider as she felt the poisoning ebb away, and as she knew that her Heal Bell would have the same effect, not only on Pom's poisoning, but also on his confusion. She gave Pom a confident, relieved smile, before turning back to Arthur, a pronounced and frightening scowl replacing the smile she gave Pom.

"You," Cyanide hissed. She didn't know which of the three Arthur was the real deal, but at this moment, she didn't care. She proceeded to bark out another Snarl attack, hoping the naturally widespread nature of the attack would allow it to wipe out the copies and hit the real Rotom in the process.

Meanwhile, in the pool, Dudley and Kenny had been watching the whole battle. Dudley was only just starting to realize that the Rotom was bad news, whereas Kenny had been muffling furiously, wobbling around on Dudley's tail as he tried to give Arthur a piece of his mind. Fed up with the Rotom's nonsense, Kenny chomped down on Dudley's tail to spur him into action, and the Shiny Slowbro obliged. His eyes glowed brightly as a Light Screen went into effect, to bolster the Special Defense of Dudley and every one of his allies in the room- namely Cyanide, Pom, and Freighya.

Peeves couldn't help but feel a bit of smug satisfaction as his decision to remain hidden proved to be the right one- a Mawile was patrolling the fifth floor hallways. However, it seemed that the Mawile was the only one up there- nobody else, human or otherwise. And guess what else Peeves couldn't find? Yep- the tracker. He kept moving, however- he hadn't seen the entirety of the fifth floor yet, and he wouldn't stop until he found that tracker.

Jack and Keith both nodded as Zack confessed an interest in Team Rocket's technology. "I get it, yeah," Keith nodded. "They're horrible people, but if their technology could possibly be used for good..."

"Yeah, can't argue with that logic," Jack agreed. "And he was one of the guys who brought my kind into existence, so yeah, I'd say he knows his stuff."

"I hope he got out, though," Keith stated. "I mean, three of their four executives are either dead or in jail by this point," he pointed out, for this took place prior to Keith's encounter with Rocket Executive Elmer. "If he's even just half as good a guy as Jack says he is, I hope he knew to get out at the first opportunity."
Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #807
EpicSquirtle

As Peeves continued his search, the Dusknoir passed by more and more empty rooms. It was hard to imagine that the floor had ever served a purpose.
As he continued, a Bisharp could be seen guarding the entrance to a room. If Peeves were to peer inside the room, he would notice that the room was packed with many sort of strange electronics.
At the very back of the room appeared to be a large computer, with two antennae on the top left and right of the frame.
There was no doubt about, the strange machine was in fact, the tracker that Peeves had been looking for. With the tracker in sight, would Peeves take the risk and try destroying it?
----
Keith seemed to get what Zack meant, stating that if their technology could be used of good..
"It could mean a lot of good for the world." Zack nodded. "Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Keith then stated that he hoped that Fuji had gotten out, explaining that three of their four admins were dead or in jail at the time.
"Well that's good." Telpo said. "About the admins, I mean. It's nice to see that Team Rocket's power is waning, however slowly."

"Yeah, Team Catalyst is already a pain as is." Sophie added. "I'd hate to have both of them running around at their true potential..."
Old 05-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #808
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Peeves was puzzled as he passed more and more empty rooms. Was there any point to this fifth floor at all?

The answer, as it turned out, was yes. Peeves soon came across a Bisharp guarding the entrance to a room, which was packed with odd electronics. And at the very back of the room... there it was, there was the tracker! But now Peeves faced a difficult decision- destroy it immediately, or report back to Keith and the others? The fifth floor was devoid of humans completely, with the only signs of life being the Mawile roaming the corridors... and the Bisharp right outside the room. Peeves narrowed his eye as he looked back at the Bisharp. Could he destroy the machine without attracting the Bisharp's attention? And if not, could he take on the Bisharp if need be? Bisharp was a Dark and Steel-type, which gave it the type advantage. The evolved form of Pawniard, a species Peeves know better than to underestimate. He had a lot of Fighting-type moves which would give him a, ahem, fighting chance. But... could he avoid attracting the Bisharp's attention altogether? Peeves considered his options... what if he spat a Toxic at the machine? The horribly poisonous liquid would eat away at the tracker, destroying it, surely. Or maybe a Will-O-Wisp would fry the circuits. Or... Ice Beam. He could coat the machine in ice. Not only would it very likely not function when encased in ice, but when the ice melted, it would become water. Water being, of course, detrimental to the functionality of any machine. That was looking like his best option thus far, but he kept thinking. Shadow Punch, maybe? Perhaps he could manipulate the shadowy fist so it passed clean through the outside of the machine and only destroyed its innards. Truly a slap in the face- the tracker would appear normal from outside, but would be naught but a pile of useless scrap metal on the inside. And Peeves realized something else- if he moved to the part of the floor directly under the machine, he could use Shadow Punch without giving away his position, couldn't he?

This new plan in mind, Peeves floated into position, double and triple checking that he was still invisible, before going into a carefully controlled Shadow Punch, trying to mash up and destroy the machine's innards- and only the innards, ideally, so it would take a while for Team Catalyst to realize something was wrong.

Keith nodded in agreement with Telpo. "Yeah, they're about all but done for. My Camerupt has connections who are able to give him inside info about Team Rocket. Mainly he uses this info to warn me if they're planning an attack on my Secret Base, or if they're cooking up a world-endangering scheme of some sort. According to him, ever since the death of Rocket Executive Remy McPhione, the organization's been in a kind of panic. Apparently they're relocating their bases of operation to remote, uninhabited islands for the time being. My Swoobat actually suggested to me that I go for a voyage on my boat sometime in the next few weeks- maybe I'll be able to find and take down the final executive," he grinned. "But yeah- right now, Team Catalyst is our main concern," he nodded.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #809
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Peeves's eye widened as Marion made her suggestion. "Well, I- I think it's worth a try to at least ask him," the Dusknoir replied. "I- I'd be all for this, personally, and, well, I can't speak for Keith, but I can't think of a single reason he'd object to it. He's always been happy to have Lil over- he even keeps extra cookies around in case she visits."

Meanwhile, Keith had come to the same conclusion as Minerva- well, they'd already guessed that Bedivere was there, but yes, he was hearing Marion's voice as well. He looked at Minerva- she seemed willing to take this opportunity to try and reconcile with her sister, and Keith was very much willing to help this to happen. "Let's go," he agreed, leading the way into the hallway. "Hi, Marion," Keith smiled, greeting his friend. He noted the look of hope and longing in Peeves's eye, and figured that something was to be asked of him soon. Something that, very clearly, would be a very happy turn of events for Peeves. Of course, he had to wait for the topic to actually come up, but whatever it was, he had a feeling he'd be saying yes.
Marion grins at Peeves' reaction, apparently satisfied with what she has observed. Bedivere also seems quite pleased (though, isn't he always?), and his bellowing laugh echoes throughout the Base. "Very well, good sir! We shall pose the question to Lord Keith himself, and should his permission be granted, you and your beloved lady shall be reunited... and we shall enjoy some of my delicious, handmade tarts, besides! Ohohohohoho~"

August places a scaly, clawed hand gently on Marion's shoulder, with a concerned expression. Despite Marion not speaking August's language precisely, the low growl still communicates the message loud and clear. Marion steps aside, allowing August to take her position in front of her trainer, guarding her. Marion was skeptical, but if August sensed danger, far be it from her to argue...

Sure enough, as Keith approaches Marion, so too does danger. With a sly smile and a wave, Minerva follows up Keith's hello with a, "Long time no see, sis." August narrows her eyes and immediately falls into battle stance. Marion places a gentle hand on the creature's back, calming her with a soft shhh.

"...Good to see you both," Marion responds, though the intense formality in her tone suggests that this may be only half-true... "Keith, I had wanted to speak with you on a few matters, both as a member of the Elite and as a friend, but..." Marion pauses, as if trying to think of the most diplomatic wording possible: "...I see I may be interrupting an important visit. Should I return at another time?"

"Ohohohoho~! Certainly you can let Liliana speak on her own behalf, dear lady," Bedivere chimes in, a tentacle plucking the Pokeball off of Marion's belt. "Besides, I made more than enough tarts for everyone - and pies - savory and sweet, of course - and a whole roast Emboar -" as Bedivere lists the many treats awaiting in his giant picnic basket, he manages to activate Liliana's Pokeball. The silhouette of the Dusclops is barely formed by the usual red light before it zooms over to Peeves, clinging to him with an overwhelmingly earnest and excited bear hug.

"PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVES" she practically shrieks with joy. Minerva rolls her eyes, but refrains from her usual sarcasm. The Dusclops' single eye beams with delight. "Marion says she will let me stay with you and Keith... is it true? Will Keith let me stay here with you?"

Cautiously, Marion approaches her sister, rifling through her bag. August is close behind, watching silently. "Oh, right..." she starts, before pulling some official-looking documents out of her bag and handing them to her sister. "Now's as good a time as any, I suppose. I imagine you weren't planning on staying in our fair country for very long, now that law and order is starting to return..."

"You wish," Minerva says with a sharp laugh. "I stay as long as I please. The Nightwatch has absolved me of -" Minerva pauses, looking at the documents as if stricken. "Wait... This is the deed to your base."

"Yes, it is. I have no need of it now, given my current living arrangements, so..." Marion shrugs. "Given the unstable nature of the surrounding areas and the supernatural imbalances that are inevitable from the current state of chaos, I was recently in conversations with the Honored Assassin of the Lacunosa Nightwatch, and she seemed to think -"

"FFION?!" Minerva's mouth drops.

"Yes, that was her name, I think. She seemed to be under the impression that the Nightwatch would be building an outpost here, and I agreed to -"

"Wha - no, no, no." Minerva shakes her head. "Cal and Lora didn't even WANT me to come over here -"

"Ffion told me that regardless of what power Cal wields and what influence Lora has, the decision was not theirs to make," Marion counters. Minerva's eyes flicker, though her expression is difficult to read - whatever emotion she's feeling, she's doing her damned best to restrain it.

"...So you two have been talking," Minerva finally says, quietly. As she flips through the documents, she once again stops to give a page a closer look. "And... wait, what's this?"

Minerva turns deathly pale - paler than she ever was before - and her body slumps. Her icy grey eyes seem stuck on the words, but she does not seem to respond, the documents trembling in her hands. Marion quietly allows the realization to sink in.

"...It's best for both of us," Marion finally says.

Minerva says nothing, even when Bedivere attempts to offer her a lovely little tart with deep red jam.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #810
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Keith and Minerva walked into the entrance hall, the latter was greeted with August's battle stance. Keith tensed at this- his instinct was to place himself between Minerva and August, but even as he did so, Marion calmed August down before explaining to Keith that she'd wanted to talk to him about a few matters, though suggested that she might be interrupting an important visit, and voiced the idea of returning at another time. Before Keith could even begin to say anything, Bedivere intervened, stating that Liliana could very well speak for herself, and that he had more than enough food for everyone. Keith couldn't help but grin- it had been years since he last witnessed Bedivere's generosity and good cooking firsthand. It was almost nostalgic to hear him rattle off such a long list of foods.

Moreover, as the Jellicent spoke, he activated a Poké Ball, sending out a very familiar Dusclops. Peeves's eye lit up, and he promptly hugged Liliana back as she zoomed over to him. At her question, Keith blinked in surprise, and looked at his Dusknoir, who was giving him a look that very plainly said "please say yes". Once the initial shock of the request had passed, however, Keith couldn't help but grin. "He certainly will," he said to Liliana. "You and Peeves have been apart for entirely too long. Believe me, I can relate," he added. "Lil, you're more than welcome to stay with us."

Tears of joy leaked from Peeves's eye. "Thank you," was all he could say to Keith before turning his full and undivided attention to Liliana, who, it seemed, was now going to become a part of their large and diverse family. Keith smiled as he saw the Ghost-types hugging. He'd been supportive of this couple since they were just a pair of young Duskull, and while he hadn't seen this coming at all, he honestly had no objections to welcoming Liliana onto his team.

Deciding to leave the Dusknoir and Dusclops to their joyful reunion, Keith turned back to Minerva, who was flipping through a number of documents Marion had handed her. One in particular caught Minerva's eye, and judging by her reaction, not in a good way. The smile on Keith's face vanished, replaced by a look of concern. He approached Minerva and put an arm around her for support- in more ways than one, for her body was starting to slump. "Minerva? What's wrong?" Keith asked.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:19 PM   #811
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassopia nodded "Of course, I am needed on Kawaii's team now."
Cerno took this oppertune moment to fire off another GUST attack hoping to knock the weedle over.
With even more pokemon coming to her aid Frieghya grew more confidant. Feeling renewed strength she ATTACKED the Rotom with a dash so QUICK no one else could move before she did.

Hater of loss meme

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 05-16-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:13 AM   #812
EpicSquirtle

With her being needed on Kawaii's team, Cassopia stated that this planet was now her home.

"Well that's good to hear." Shibo smiled. "I mean, it would kinda suck if you had to move again."
----
Shelly apologized for taking a bit to reply, explaining that Vinny's presence was the reason she replied at all. She then added that she really loved him.
"I can tell." Telpo replied. "I think you two make a nice couple, well from what I've seen anyway."

"So umm... what do kind of hobbies do you have?" Telpo asked. "Sorry if that's a bit cliche....I'm not really the best at coming up with conversation starters."
----
After waiting for a moment, Luna dove towards Hayai, her nostril glowing pink! Fully prepared for the attack, Hayai lunged out of the way as the Swoobat grew close. Seizing the opportunity to attack, Hayai sent another Thunder Wave Luna's way!
----
Frieghya seemed eager to get in the action, rushing over to Arthur with a Quick Attack. Arthur, being a Ghost type, felt nothing from the attack. But he certainly felt the power of Cyanide's Snarl!
The dark waves of energy managed to dispel all of Arthur's clones, as well as dealing a ton more damage to the Rotom! The Umbreon had also managed to snap Pom out of his confusion, as well as cure his poisoning!
To make matters even worse, Dudley had decided to finally join in, shielding Cyanide, Frieghya, and Pom with a Light Screen!

"Four against one?! That's unfair! Shame on you!" Arthur exclaimed. "I may be a legendary hero, but even I know my limits." The Rotom continued.
"But...this isn't the last you'll see of me. For I, Arthur, legendary hero of destruction and chaos, shall return. And when I do....you will pay dearly for this." Arthur finished. With nothing more to say, the plasma Pokemon zipped out of the room.

"So...do we follow him?" Pom questioned. "But if Hayai is attacking Luna..then we should probably help her instead...right?"

----
While Peeves came up with multiple ways to take care of the tracker, he finally decided on mashing the insides of it with Shadow Punch. With this in mind, Peeves got into position under the floor, before sending a a shadow fist directly into the machines interior.

As soon as the attack hit it's intended target, an incredibly loud alarm sounded.
"Tracker #2 is under attack! Tracker #2 is under attack! Back up is requested!" A loud robotic voice shrieked.
At the sound of the alarm, the Bisharp rushed into the room, the Mawile from before soon followed.

"Way to go nitwit, I don't know what you did, but I can hear the alarm from out here." A telepathic voice sounded in the Dusknoir's head. "Regardless of what you did, I don't recommend sticking around. Just come to the entrance so I can teleport you out."
With the sound of the alarm, it wouldn't be long before others showed up. Still, it was unclear if the tracker was fully destroyed or not. The question was, was it worth making sure?
----
"Indeed, Team Catalyst is definitely our main concern." Zack nodded. "And the sooner Peeves and Duosion return, the easier it will be to plan for the future."
"I-I wonder if Peeves h-has found what he needed." Jake said. "I-I mean...I'd rather not.....i-infiltrate anywhere Team Ctalyst might c-call home."
"There's no use in pondering it though, I'm sure the two will be back soon." Telpo added. "There's a pretty good chance Peeves will have taken care of things for us though, so you don't need to worry."
Old 05-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #813
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona smiled. She then extended a pair of vines and hugged Cassiopia.

After Albus had landed the Poison Sting, he was blown off of Cerno by another Gust. But he wasn't done! He fired a String Shot back at the Cottonee. He planned to use the momentum from the Gust to allow him to swing around in circles around the Cottonee, and help to wrap him up in the String Shot.

Y-you and Millicent, too, Shelley's thoughts sounded in response to Telpo's statement that the Torkoal and Camerupt made a nice couple. Sh-she really loves you. I've heard her t-talk about you. Telpo then asked about Shelley's hobbies. Um... I... I like to... you know what I can do w-with my smoke? I... I like to practice that, Shelley responded.

Luna didn't seem too bothered by the fact that her Heart Stamp missed. Nice dodge, she complimented Hayai. She wheeled around in midair as the Blitzle began another Thunder Wave. Thinking fast, Luna's eyes glowed blue as she used Confusion. However, instead of using it to attack Hayai, she used it to grab the Substitute from earlier and pull it in front of her. The Substitute took the Thunder Wave with no ill effects. I almost forgot about this Substitute, Luna admitted. It's easy to forget it's still there- it doesn't automatically protect me when I use it with the intent of shielding a friend. Then, she readied and fired off a Shadow Ball at Hayai.

Arthur bemoaned the unfairness of a four-on-one battle (though Kenny muffled indignantly at the notion of the battle being four-on-one, rather than five-on-one). The Rotom then retreated, stating that they haven't seen the last of him. Pom questioned whether they ought to follow him or help Luna. "Well, like I said, I've seen Luna in action, so I know better than to be too worried about her," stated Cyanide. "But it might be a good idea to see how she's doing. But I really don't like the thought of that psychotic Rotom loose in this place..."

"Mmmmph! Mmmph mmph mmph mmph!" Kenny muffled, biting down on Dudley's tail several times in a row to try and spur him into action.

"...Dudley follow bad Rotom," volunteered the Shiny Slowbro. He climbed out of the pool, then executed a Trick Room attack. After that, he took off out of the room with surprising speed, heading the same way Arthur went.

"...Well, that was easy," Cyanide remarked. "Let's check on Luna," she suggested.

Peeves felt like exclaiming in frustration as an incredibly loud alarm sounded, but he resisted- he was still invisible. Even as the Bisharp and Mawile entered, he knew they couldn't spot him. Even so, though, it would likely not be prudent to remain in the building for much longer. What troubled him in particular is that the alarm referred to this as tracker #2. As in, there was more than one tracker. Oh, yeah, that boded real well. He rolled his eye at the sound of Duosion's telepathic snark, but knew he still had a point. He decided to land one more Shadow Punch on the machine's innards for good measure, then get the hell outta there as fast (and as stealthily) as he possibly could. That he couldn't stick around to be more certain of the machine's destruction irked him, but he reasoned that a couple of Shadow Punches to the inner workings of a machine, the parts that the outer shell was meant to protect, couldn't possibly have left it still in perfect working order. He had to content himself with this for the time being.

Meanwhile, Jake wondered if Peeves found what he needed. "I know Peeves well," Keith stated. "He's good at getting things done when he needs to. He'll probably get that tracker destroyed and even score some information for us as well. Heh, I remember when I first hatched him," he added, smiling slightly. "The guy's really come a long way."
Old 05-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #814
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassiopia blushed as she was hugged "thanks Pamona"
Cerno took the weedle's idea to his advantage and flew up high into the air befor using GROWTH in hopes of busting the strings.
Frieghya nodded "good idea Cyanide"

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #815
EpicSquirtle

Shibo said nothing as Pomona hugged Cassopia, the Elgyem thanking her for the gesture.
----
Shelly told Telpo that Millicent and him also made a nice couple. She added that the Timburr really loved him, and that she had heard her talk about him.
Telpo smiled upon hearing this. He too deeply cared for Millicent, and had no doubt that she had mentioned him. Still, Telpo couldn't help but wonder just what sort of things Millicent had said....

Shelly then explained that she loved to practice using her smoke, answering the Abra's earlier question.

"I can tell." Telpo replied. "You know, I have a Torkoal for a teammate...but I don't think he could pull off tricks like that. Or anything that doesn't involve food for that matter."
"How did you learn to do those tricks though?" Telpo questioned. "Do you remember? Or has it always been a thing you could do?"
----
Hayai's frustration grew as Luna managed to block his Thunder Wave with her old Substitute! It seemed no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't land a good hit on the Swoobat.
Now it was Luna's turn to attack, and the Swoobat wasted no time in firing a Shadow Ball towards Hayai! Unable to react in time, the Blitzle let out a cry as the powerful attack sent him skidding backwards.

But Hayai wasn't ready to give up quite yet! With Luna's Substitute back in play, Hayai reasoned that it would be best to strike it first. If not, Luna could easily use it to shield her from additional attacks!
With this in mind, Hayai sent out another Shock Wave, this time aimed at Luna's Substitute.

As Hayai and Luna's battle raged on, a tired Rotom emerged from the back wall, before quickly hiding behind the nearby table. Once he was confident that he hadn't been seen, the Rotom began to observe the battle.
Arthur had thought that Hayai would have almost defeated Luna by now, but it seemed he had been mistaken! Knowing his luck, Cyanide and the group would soon be on his tail.
If he wanted to help the Blitzle, he was going to have to act fast! Trying his best to remain unseen, the Rotom emerged from his hiding spot, before establishing a link between him and Luna.
Not knowing how long he could sustain the link, Arthur began to Split his Pain with Luna!
----
With Dudley and Kenny volunteering to find Arthur, Cyanide suggested that the three of them check on Luna. Frieghya seemed to like the plan, complimenting Cyanide on the idea.

"Yeah, we should definitely get on that." Pom agreed. "Hayai might not be the best when it comes to most things, but he's pretty good when it comes to battling."
"So umm, where is Luna?" The Ambipom questioned, turning his attention to Frieghya.
----
After hitting the machine with one more Shadow Punch for good measure, Peeves fled from the scene. As the Dusknoir descended closer towards the entrance, he could see just what madness he had caused.
Many Pokemon could be seen scrambling towards the fifth floor, while some scientists opted to run for the nearest exit. Yet, a large portion of scientists remained at their stations, as if nothing was happening at all...
Over all of this, the alarm blared on, though it seemed to get a bit quieter as Peeves neared the exit.

Once outside, it seemed most of the chaos had stopped. The obnoxious sound of the siren could still be heard though, confirming Duosion's earlier words.
Speaking of which, the mitosis Pokemon could be seen just ahead. From the look on his face, he appeared to not be too pleased with the latest turn of events. Despite this, he appeared to be patiently waiting for Peeves to return.
Perhaps he was thinking of a few choice words for the Dusknoir upon his arrival.....
----
Keith seemed quite confident in Peeves, saying that he would probably destroy the tracker, as well as get some information. Keith added that the Dusknoir had come a long way from when he had hatched him.

"W-well if you believe in him...I-I guess I will as well." Jake replied.
"Me too." Sophie added. "But, what do you mean that he's come a long way? What was he like before?"
Old 05-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #816
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona smiled as she eventually let go of Cassiopia. "I'm glad this planet's your home now," she told the Elgyem. "That means we get to have a cool friend like you!"

As soon as Cerno started to ascend, Albus broke off his end of the String Shot and landed on the battlefield. He watched as Cerno used Growth. This served to increase the Cottonee's Attack and Special Attack, it served to burst through the String Shot... and it served to make the Cottonee a bigger target. Albus wasted no time, and fired off another Poison Sting, relying on Cerno's increased size to make the Poison move harder to evade.

Shelley had peeked out of her shell, and saw that Telpo smiled at the mention of Millicent. But the subject then turned to the Abra's Torkoal teammate, and how he probably couldn't do the same things with smoke that Shelley could. I... I was always able to do it, for as long as I can remember, Shelley responded. I... I'm not sure why I'm able to control my smoke like that, or why n-no other Torkoal can do it... m-my teammates are really impressed with me, she added, sounding shy again.

Luna landed a direct hit with Shadow Ball, and the Shock Wave Hayai fired off hit the Substitute. As Luna had stated earlier, the Substitute faded upon contact with the Electric move, though it had bought Luna enough time to use another Calm Mind. The Substitute vanished to reveal that Luna's eyes were closed, a serene smile on her face as she increased her stats once more. Then, her eyes flew open. She felt the Pain Split start to take effect, knew that she was about to start losing health, while the culprit regained health- but she knew this culprit wasn't Hayai. Blitzle can't learn Pain Split. She didn't see Arthur, but she knew it must be him all the same. Therefore, finishing the battle quickly became something of a priority, even if the Pain Split couldn't possibly knock her out. With a respectful nod to Hayai, Luna prepared herself, another soft pink glow forming in her nostril, and she fired off an even stronger Stored Power than before, boosted by the Simple-enhanced Calm Minds as well as the Speed boost gained from Psych Up.

Just then, a Shiny Slowbro came bursting in, looking around. "Where Rotom?" Dudley asked as he and Kenny looked around. "Bad Rotom hurt friends."

Oh, he's in here somewhere, Luna said matter-of-factly as she used Stored Power. He's using Pain Split on me as we speak from wherever he's hiding.

Cyanide likewise looked to Freighya, hoping she could lead them there.

Peeves saw as he descended that a lot of Pokémon were headed up to the fifth floor, while some of the scientists were making for the exit. But for the most part, the scientists were acting like nothing was happening at all. Perhaps they thought the Pokémon that were rushing to the scene would be sufficient to deal with the problem?

Peeves rolled his eye as he saw Duosion looking displeased. At least he was waiting for the Dusknoir. Peeves rose up out of the ground next to Duosion. "Whatever you're thinking of saying to me, it can wait until we get back," he muttered to the Psychic-type.

Keith nodded, smiling appreciatively as Jake stated that if Keith could believe in the Dusknoir, so could he. He then turned to Sophie at her question. "Right, I never really told you about Peeves's past, did I?" he said.

"Yeah, I never Transformed into him, so I'd kinda like to hear this as well," said Jack.

"Alright, well, it all starts with my Weezing," said Keith. "You know the story, right? I'm wandering near the volcano near Lavaridge, I go into the Fiery Path, and I save a baby Koffing from a pair of Machop? One of those Machop? That was Peeves when he was alive. Apparently, both Machop were killed the day after that by a murderous Camerupt, and years later, one of them came back as a Duskull, which hatched from an Egg I was taking care of. Initially, Peeves had no memory of his past life, but he still had a mischievous streak- always loved playing pranks and getting reactions out of people. Heh, but he was still a good guy underneath, I could tell," Keith nodded. "Never disobeyed me in battle, never really tried to take things too far... and knowing Liliana helped, too, I think," he added. "This female Duskull belonging to a good friend of mine," he explained. "She and Peeves became good friends almost right away, and ended up falling in love. Then, they both remembered their respective pasts at one point, and Peeves was so overcome with remorse for what he'd been like- for by this point he'd kinda dialed it back with the pranks and the mischief. But yeah- we all forgave him. Even Gemini could forgive him. He ended up a better Duskull for the experience. Y'know, being there while Peeves grew up and matured, it really was a cool experience," he smiled. "One of the awesome things about being a Pokémon Trainer is getting to watch your Pokémon grow up, seeing how far they can go, and helping them realize their full potential."
Old 05-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #817
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia blushed "You are a cool friend too." it was directed at both pokemon listening to her.
Albus using poison sting was starting to annoy Cerno so he unleashed a shower of SPOREs to STUN the weedle and prevent him from using anymore moves.
Frieghya nodded and took off back to where Luna and the blitzle were fighting. Once they arrived she aimed a SWIFT at the electric Zebra to ,at least, distract him.

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #818
EpicSquirtle

"Yeah, and you can tell us even more stories about your adventures in space." Shibo added.

The Lickitung then blushed as Cassopia called him a cool friend.
"Oh, thank you. I don't think I'm that cool though. I mean...I'm just a regular Lickitung."
----
Shelly explained that she was always able to control her smoke, and that she didn't know why other Torkoal's couldn't. She then mentioned that her teammates were really impressed by it.

"No doubt, it'd definitely not something you see everyday." Telpo chimed. "I think it's quite fascinating, how can manipulate the smoke without the help of any psychic abilities."
----
While Hayai managed to successfully destroy Luna's Substitute, the Swoobat took the time to set up another Calm Mind! And while she was beginning to feel the effects of Pain Split, she couldn't quite place where the culprit was, much to Arthur's delight.
Already the Rotom was starting to feel rejuvenated from zapping away Luna's health!

As Luna began to prepare another Stored Power, a shiny Slowbro charged in. The hermit crab Pokemon seemed to be looking for a bad Rotom, much to Hayai's annoyance.
Distracted by Dudley's words, Hayai wasn't able to react in time as Luna's Stored Power sent him flying backwards, before roughly landing on the floor.
But Hayai still found the strength to rise and face his opponent once more. Despite this, it seemed that the Blitzle had very little left in him, one or two solid hits would surely leave him down and out!

Meanwhile, Arthur tried his best to hide his laughter as he finished splitting the rest of his health. His plan had gone off without a hitch!
The only problem was Dudley....the Rotom figured it wouldn't be very long until the Slowbro found him. But maybe he could take him own by himself? Arthur continued to ponder as the battle raged on.
----
Frieghya gave Cyanide and Pom a nod, before taking off towards Luna's location, Pom right behind her.
----
Eventually the pink Eevee lead them to the dining room, where Hayai was preparing his next attack against Luna! This was quickly stopped as Frieghya sent a Swift attack Hayai's way, causing him to cry out and fall over once more.

"Hayai stop it. I don't know what Arthur has told you, but Luna isn't someone you should be attacking." Pom said.
"N-nonsense...Arthur...she was hurting Arthur....for that she must pay.." Hayai stammered as he rose from ground once more.
"I don't really know Luna, but I doubt she hurt Arthur in any way. He's lying to you Hayai." Pom replied.
"N-no...Arthur wouldn't lie to me. Arthur's a friend of mine, and friends wouldn't lie to each other." Hayai explained, before turning his attention to Luna.
"This...this isn't over yet. I will defeat you... for Arthur.....for my friend." Hayai told the Swoobat.
As his words left his mouth, a sudden blast of adrenaline filled Hayai's body, and he was enveloped in a harsh white light. He began to grow taller, and his legs began to grow stronger.
His mane grew, covering his entire back while also ending with a second lightning bolt shape above his head. Once the light faded, Hayai was no longer a Blitzle, but a mighty !

With his newfound strength, Hayai began to Charge Wildy at Luna, not caring in the slightest about the new guests...

----
"Oh good, you're here." Dusion said upon Peeves rising up from the ground.
"But yeah, I'll certainly save embarrassing you until we get back, so let's get going." The Duosion added upon the Dusknoir's request.
----
Keith explained that Peeves had been one of the Machop that attacked Gemini, back when the Dusknoir was alive.
When he had hatched, Peeves had no recollection of his past life, though he was still just as mischievous as before. At one point Peeves remembered his past, he felt remorseful, but all his teammates forgave him for his earlier actions.
Keith then added that a great part of being a trainer was watching your Pokemon grow and achieve their full potential.

"Unlocking the true potential of a Pokemon...that is indeed, a wonderful thing." Zack nodded.

"Y-yeah." Jake added, thinking back to his various Pokemon. He had been with some of them for a long time, and some had certainly shown a lot of improvement.
Like Bubbles, she had previously been quite hostile, but eventually mellowed out. Or Sparky! He was extremely shy when Jake and him had first set foot on Fizzytopia, but over time Sparky had transformed into a much more courageous Pokemon...
In contrast Telpo had mostly remained the same...always calm...always caring...always there for him....

"I-I can't wait...umm...to see how the future turns out for us." Jake said, specifically addressing the Abra beside him. "To see how much we can improve."
"Me too master" Telpo replied. "But with Team Catalyst around...I do fear what it will be. Having them out of the picture would definitely put my mind at ease."
Old 05-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #819
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona beamed happily as Cassiopia called her a cool friend. She then turned to Shibo as he denied being cool at all, saying he was just a regular Lickitung. "I think you're cool," said the Ivysaur.

Albus saw the Stun Spore incoming. Knowing he had very little time to respond, he shot out a strand of String Shot. But instead of shooting it at anything, he just spat out a certain length, and started whirling it around. His hope was that doing so would let the String Shot act like a fan and blow the Stun Spore away. That was the theory, anyway- would it work?

Th-thanks, Shelley thought as Telpo remarked on how fascinating her abilities were. I... Luna has a theory th-that it has to do with my Ability, White Smoke. T-Torkoal are helped by their Wh-White Smoke, u-usually just by being protected f-from lowered stats. B-but Luna thinks that my White Smoke wants to help me even more than that, s-since I can't speak.

Luna was feeling rather weakened by the Pain Split, but still landed a powerful Stored Power. And then everyone came bursting in- first came Dudley and Kenney, in search of Arthur, and then came Cyanide, Pom, and Freighya. The pink Eevee launched a Swift at Hayai, though Luna didn't seem to approve. I appreciate what you're doing, she said to Freighya. But this is a battle between Hayai and myself, and I'd like it to be fair. Hayai's very good, this has been an interesting battle so far, and I feel like it's about to get even more interesting.

Pom tried talking some sense into Hayai, but the poor Blitzle remained convinced that Arthur was the good guy, and insisted on fighting for him. "Oh, will you listen to reason already?" Cyanide demanded. "Your so-called friend came barging in, made my friend cry, and then went on to threaten to rip off her limbs and throw her carcass to the Carvanha! He is using you!"

Luna's attention was on Hayai, as he stated he was going to avenge his friend. The Swoobat nodded. I would expect nothing less, she said respectfully. She looked remarkably unfazed as Hayai then proceeded to evolve into a Zebstrika before their very eyes, though Cyanide was rather surprised by this. Even Kenny was kinda stunned, though Dudley hadn't noticed- he was looking for Arthur. As Hayai ran forward for a Wild Charge, Luna responded by repeating her Stored Power attack- right now, it was her strongest move, considering all her stat boosts. Even her Hyper Beam wouldn't be as powerful right now. The Swoobat smiled as she unleashed the move. She didn't know whether she would win out, or if Hayai would muscle through and land the Wild Charge. All she knew was that, whatever the outcome, it had been an enjoyable battle, circumstances notwithstanding.

Peeves nodded. "Let's do that," he agreed, ready for Duosion to Teleport them back.

Keith nodded in agreement as Zack and Jake agreed with his sentiment about helping one's Pokémon achieve their full potential. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of being a Trainer," he smiled. "It's not just Peeves, either- one time I traded for a Makuhita that had been getting traded from Trainer to Trainer, always for rock-bottom prices. Nobody seemed to want her, and it did a number on her self-esteem. But I had no intention of trading her. It just took a while to get this through to her, but it was well worth it- Helga's no longer worried about getting traded away again," he smiled. "She's now a Hariyama, and probably one of my most dependable Pokémon. She's actually the one who landed the finishing blow on Heatran in Mt. Aduro," he smiled. "Had to fire a Focus Blast between swirling pillars of magma, with no time to really properly aim it, and she pulled it off beautifully." There was a hint of pride in Keith's voice as he spoke.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #820
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Keith grinned as the Fire Shield had the intended effect, though said grin faded somewhat as Heather revealed that Grace also had a trick of her own- Fatal Attraction. Keith knew quite a bit about this move- effectively Attract, but with a special pheromone built in that eventually caused a Toxic-like effect on its target. Quite a potent move indeed. "Cotton! Dodge it!" he called, but it was too late- the attack had landed, rendering the Fairy-type a drooling, lovestruck mess. "Ohhh, boy," he murmured. "Gah... Cotton, c'mon, you gotta snap out of it!" he called. "Um... hey, Cotton," he added. "You want to impress her, right? I got an idea- Don't you think she'll be really impressed if you show off your Swagger attack?" he said, doing his best to creatively convey the order to Cotton."

"Swiiiiirl..." Cotton murmured, still focused on Grace, his eyes practically replaced with hearts. Dimly the gist of Keith's words registered in his pheromone-addled brain- would demonstrating the effectiveness of his Swagger really impress Grace? He hesitated- wouldn't Swagger confuse her? It's not like he was battling her or anything... Keith held his breath, waiting to see how Cotton would respond.

Well, I grew up in a forest in Unova. Not on the mainland, but on the smaller island, not far from Virbank City, said Willow. I was the eldest of all my siblings, and when our parents were caught by Trainers, it fell to me to take care of my brothers and sisters. This I did quite well, and when we all went our separate ways when we had all grown up, I wandered the forest, wondering what my next step would be. And then I found the smallest baby Riolu I've ever seen, lying on the ground, hurt and crying. His parents were taken from him by this group of evildoers known as Team Plasma. So I started taking care of him- it was more or less instinct at this point. And soon I started finding more orphaned Pokémon, and before I knew it, this had become my life- taking in orphaned Pokémon and caring for them. Crafting comfortable nests for them, foraging for berries to feed them... sewing leaf clothes for all the orphaned Sewaddle. And I enjoyed it immensely. I always felt good about myself knowing how much I was helping them. But then... one day, there came a Houndoom, she murmured, her voice having gotten a bit darker. As she spoke, the faint echoes of a vicious barking sound could be heard. It was intent on attacking an orphaned Purrloin who was under my care. I took on the Houndoom in battle, despite the grievous type disadvantage, and I was even winning... until the Inferno attack. It missed me, but... it hit the biggest tree in the forest. As she said this, the vicious barking was accompanied with the faint echos of crackling fire and horrified screams of various young Pokémon. I quickly defeated the Houndoom with an X-Scissor, but that was only part of the problem. The forest was now ablaze. Had I fled at that moment, I would have lived to tell the tale. But I couldn't do that. I made it my priority to evacuate all the small Pokémon I had looked after. They all made it out safely, but I... Willow trailed off there as Millicent hugged her log tightly. Slowly the faint echoes, barely audible as they were, faded away completely. ...I came to as a spirit, Willow continued. I was relieved to see that everyone I helped to evacuate made it out safely, and that the fire was brought under control. But I always had this feeling my work was not done, and so I traveled, traveled the world over in search of someone else in need of some form of help. Eventually, I came across a depressed Timburr in the Adoption Center, alone and friendless. She was very nearly about to take her own life, so I entered her log and talked her out of it, and the rest is history.
Heather could barely contain a giggle fit at Cotton's reaction to Grace's charms. The puffball practically had hearts for eyes, and was clearly head over...very small feet, at least, and it was an adorable sight to see. Keith was under the impression that this was trouble, which...probably wouldn’t last for long, since there wasn't much Grace could do with the time she'd bought, and not much meant literally nothing. Heather didn't want to blatantly stall, either. That simply wasn't very sporting, was it? She would have to figure out how to make use of Grace's damaging moves without breaking the attraction, or else that move didn't do much other than waste a minute or two. Heather saw her answer as Cotton began hesitantly showing off some Swagger. That would do it.

"Such a showoff. What's next on the docket?" Grace asked, not expecting the reply she got.

"Act like it worked, but get in a Thunder Shock in your stupor." Heather said, a plan brewing in her eyes.

"Er, if you say so?" Grace responded quizzically, proceeding to act as if confused, small sparks flying wildly from her hands. As she made to make a show of a faceplant, she let one fly straight at Cotton. This was Heather's chance to make a big hit, if things went to plan...

Magus listened intently as Willow told her story. His expression darkened, however, at the mention that an errant Inferno led to the blaze that caused Willow's untimely parting from the living. The sounds he heard, the faint screams of young Pokémon...it brought back memories of when he had been captured as a Ralts, flames driving him right into that damnable human's trap. But he bit his tongue about it, continuing to listen to Willow's tale as she recounted how she met Millicent in the Adoption Center. When she finally finished, he looked at the two of them with a pleased expression.

And what a pair you make! he commented. The Adoption Center can sometimes seem pretty grim while you're there, but it's also a place of plenty of miracles in the end. The most important thing is to never give up hope. he added with a nod, before facing Willow. You made the right choice all that time ago, helping everyone to safety. I hope those Pokémon are out there, enjoying the gift you gave them. he said reassuringly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #821
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassiopia smiled "its nice to have friends"
Cerno chucked as the weedle tried to make a fan but the stun spore just wieghed it down and the spinning motion got it stuck around him.
Frieghya quickly apologised and backed away from the fight.Her jaw dropped when the blitzle evolved into Zebstrika.

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-18-2017, 01:32 AM   #822
EpicSquirtle

"You really think so? Thanks Pomona." Shibo thanked the Ivysaur.
Cassiopia then added that it was nice to have friends.
"Definitely." Shibo nodded. "It's great to have others who you can count on, others who you can experience the joy of the world with."
"Wait...that was actually kinda corny now that I think about it..." The Lickitung added a moment later.
----
Shelly explained that while some Torkoal are helped by their White Smoke by preventing stat reductions, Luna had theorized that Shelly's ability had wanted to help her even more, since she couldn't speak.
"That actually sounds like a solid theory." Telpo replied. "I wonder if there's any other such cases of abilities helping out like that. Well, if it's true about your White Smoke anyway."
Though Telpo was enjoying his talk with Shelly, he couldn't help but wonder when the previously promised food would arrive. After all, that had been the reason Millicent and him had even come to the kitchen.
----
It seemed that Pom wasn't the only one stunned at Hayai's evolution, Frieghya, Cyanide and Kenny were as well!
Luna didn't seem all that surprised though, and countered Hayai's Wild Charge with another Stored Power! Hayai tried his best to overcome the power of Luna's attack, but after a few moments of struggle, the Zebstrika lost all momentum, falling to the floor in defeat!

"I guess you were right about Luna." Pom said, turning his attention to Cyanide. "She really is a force to be reckoned with."

"No no no! This will simply not do!" Arthur shouted, zipping out from his hiding spot and towards Hayai.
"Hayai you're absolutely useless! Even after I whittled down Luna, you can't even finish the job? You're pathetic! A sorry excuse for a friend." The Rotom said, before turning his attention to the rest of the group.
"Don't think this is over. You only won because Hayai's a pathetic excuse for a Pokemon, and can't even pull his own weight." Arthur explained.
"But I have no intentions of fighting all five of you at once, so I must leave for now, ciao."
With that, Arthur sunk into the ground, insuring that the others wouldn't follow him.

Meanwhile, Hayai appeared to be crying, tears began to fall down his face as he rose from off the floor. It seemed that Arthur's words had really gotten to him...

----
With Peeves ready to go the mitosis Pokemon once again began to gather up psychic energy. In a flash of light, the pair disappeared from outside Hagane Labs...
----
Keith began to talk about another Pokemon of his, a Hariyama named Helga. Keith got her after she had been traded from trainer to trainer, all for a very low price.
This had effected her self esteem quite a bit, and it took Keith a while to convince her that he had no intention of trading her away. After that, she became very dependable, having landed the final blow on the Heatran in Mt. Aduro.

"Wow, your Pokemon are really something Keith." Zack smiled. "You seem like a really capable trainer. I'm very glad that you're on our side, and not Team Catalyst's."

Before much more could be said, Duosion and Peeves suddenly appeared in the corner of the room.
"We're back! You wouldn't believe what this idiot did though, he set off the alarm system!" Duosion exclaimed.

"What? You can't be serious!" Sophie exclaimed. "Please tell me you at least managed to detroy the tracker.

"Now now let's calm down. I want to hear what Peeves has to say first." Zack said, before turning his attention to the Dusknoir.
"So, tell us what happened, from the top. Did you learn any vital information? Did you find the tracker, and if did, were you able to destroy it?"
Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 PM   #823
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona smiled back. "I know, right?" she agreed with the Elgyem. Then, she turned to Shibo. "I dunno, it didn't sound corny to me," she said. "That's what I think about friends, too."

Albus was a smart little Weedle, but sometimes it was clear that he still didn't know everything. This was one of those times- his clever maneuver with String Shot backfired spectacularly, getting him wrapped up in his own String Shot- and String Shot laced with Stun Spore, no less. He found himself paralyzed and very significantly slowed down, but as long as he was still conscious, he had no intention of giving up. His options limited at this point, he fired off a Poison Sting at Cerno.

I asked Luna about that myself, Shelley's thoughts sounded. Sh-she doesn't know, though... At that moment, however, Telpo's curiosity about the food was destined to be quite short-lived- Cotton was using Psychic at that very moment to levitate a platter of burgers out to the group. Millicent grabbed one and dug in, and judging by the sounds she made, enjoyed it immensely.

Cyanide grinned at Pom. "That she is," she agreed.

As Hayai fell, Arthur emerged from his hiding spot, and began berating the Zebstrika for failing to take down Luna. The Rotom then turned to face the others, at which point he'd see the disdainful glares coming from Cyanide and Kenny, the latter of whom muffled indignantly as Arthur mentioned that it'd be a five-on-one fight. Before any attacks could hit him (and make no mistake, Cyanide was about to charge up a Dark Pulse), the Rotom sank into the floor.

Hayai seemed to be crying, evidently very much hurt by Arthur's words. As he got up, however, he would see that Luna had procured a Sitrus Berry, and was offering it to him. Don't listen to Arthur, the Swoobat said simply. You are not useless. You are not pathetic. And you're a great friend. You fought to defend someone you called a friend, and even evolved in the name of defending them. That's how I evolved, too. If Arthur can witness all that and not see how lucky he was to have you as a friend, that's his loss. Plus, you put up an incredible fight, the Swoobat added with a smile. I would like a rematch someday- though hopefully under much more friendly circumstances, she added.

"You might want to listen to Luna on this," added Cyanide. "You probably don't wanna hear this, but Arthur's a manipulative jerk, plain and simple."

"Rotom bad," Dudley added. "Dudley no like bad Rotom. Bad Rotom make Kenny angry too."

"Mmmph MMMPH!" Kenny muffled in agreement.

Keith smiled at the praise, though before he could respond to any of it, Peeves and Duosion returned. The Dusknoir facepalmed as Duosion informed them all that Peeves set off the alarm system. "Oh, yes, that's exactly the detail I wanted you to open with," he said sarcastically. He turned to Zack, for he at least was willing to hear the Dusknoir's tale. "OK. First off, yes, I got some info. More on that later- the tracker. Yes, I found it, and yes, I tried to destroy it. Had a clear shot, but unfortunately, my attempt was what set off the alarm. I tried working my way past the outside of the machine, land a Shadow Punch on the inside stuff, y'know?"

"Makes sense," Keith shrugged. "The outer shell's meant to protect the stuff inside. Bypass that, should make it easier to break."

Peeves nodded, gesturing to Keith. "This guy gets it," he said. "Now... I don't know whether I managed to destroy the tracker completely. The innards took two full-force Shadow Punches, but I didn't exactly have time to inspect the damage, yeah? Now... that's where the good news ends."

"That was good news?" Jack asked, earning him a glare from Peeves. "Just saying," the Ditto said, shrugging his borrowed shoulders.

"As I was saying," said Peeves. "First off, the alarm. What really troubled me was what it said- that tracker #2 was under attack."

"Tracker number two?" Keith repeated. "As in-"

"As in there's probably a tracker number one in there somewhere, that'd be my guess, yeah," nodded Peeves. "Also- managed to overhear bits of a conversation between two of the grunts. Four Catalyst admins in total. One of them's named Steven, and his family apparently started Hagane Labs in the first place. Another one's named Ryan, and he apparently specializes in Electric-types, and has something to do with a tournament of some sort. Didn't get any other names, but at least one of the other two admins is a woman, and apparently the nicest of the four. Any of this new info?" he asked Zack.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:46 PM   #824
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Casieopia shook her head "It was not corny."
Cerno let himself get hit with the poison sting before activating another GUST.
Frieghya bounded forward and nodded "Also, sorry about that swift earlier."

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-19-2017, 02:28 AM   #825
EpicSquirtle

Both Pomona and Cassiopia didn't seem to think Shibo's earlier statement was corny, causing the Lickitung to blush slightly.
"Umm..thank you guys. I guess I need to stop doubting myself so much." Shibo nodded.
----
Shelly said that Luna didn't seem to know, in regards to Telpo's previous question. Before anything more could be said, a platter of hamburgers made their way to the group.
"Thank you.....Cotton." Telpo thanked the Swirlix as he grabbed a burger.
The burger smelled heavenly, and it tasted even better! Telpo couldn't help but devour it as quick as he possibly could.
"Mmm...this is delicious. I don't think I've had something this good in a long time." Telpo said in between bites of a second burger.

It was true. Over the past few months Telpo and his teammates had usually been having microwaved food, or takeout.
Ever since his trainer had returned from Ryuu town, the home cooked meals had stopped all together.
Not that it had been much before. Usually a "home cooked meal" had consisted of mac & cheese, or sandwiches..but now Telpo was beginning to miss even that.
----
Much to Hayai's surprise, instead of yelling at him, Luna offered him a Sitrus Berry.
"Umm...t-thanks." Hayai murmured, before biting into the berry.
The Swoobat then told Hayai not to listen to Arthur, that he wasn't useless, and that he was a great friend, among other things.

Hayai seemed a bit confused at Luna's words. Arthur had said she was evil...so why was she going the extra mile to help him? The Rotom was probably confused...yeah that must have been it.

"T-thank you Luna....it seems that Arthur I...misjudged you." Hayai said, a small smile beginning to form.
The smile was soon lost as Cyanide and Dudley insulted his friend.

"No, you're wrong. Arthur isn't bad, or a jerk. He was being controlled by Lu-err...someone else." The Zebstrika explained.
"He just thought that Luna was the bad one. If I had to place my bets, I'd say that Stewie was the one that made him say those mean things."

"No Hayai...listen. Arthur wasn't forced by anyone to say those things. He's completely psychotic, he's just using you." Pom said. "It might be hard to hear this...but what we're saying is true."

"That's not true! Arthur's my friend...and friends wouldn't purposely hurt each other." Hayai replied.
"Why are you guys pretending to care anyway? I'm just a stupid Zebstrika, remember?"
----
Peeves explained that he had gotten some info, and that he'd also found the tracker. Upon trying to destroy the tracker, he had managed to set the alarms off, but not before delivering two solid attacks to the device.
That was where the good news ended, as Peeves revealed that the alarm had implied there was a second tracker, the one he had attacked being labeled tracker two.

"What?! So they have two of them...and you only managed to get one at best?" Sophie questioned. "That means we've gotta go back in there! If they still have another tracker, then this entire mission will have been for naught!"

"While I do agree that this isn't looking good, we should wait to hear what else Peeves has to say." Zack replied.

The Dusknoir continued, explaining that he had overheard that there were four Catalyst admins. The first was named Steven, his family had apparently been the ones to start Hagane Labs.
The second went by the name of Ryan. He was an Electric specialist, and had something to do with a tournament. Why did that sound so familiar to Jake?

"Steven? As in Steven Hagane? Yes I know of him...he's the current owner of Hagane labs. His grandfather, Adam Hagane founded the research facility." Zack explained.
"Sadly, this does line up with our knowledge of Catalyst and Hagane labs. I say sadly, because Steven is a truly brilliant man. If he's with Team Catalyst, that makes this situation only more dire."

"What about this Ryan fellow? Does he ring any bells?" Telpo asked.

"Jake, didn't you say the guy that beat you at that Electric Type tournament was named Ryan?" Sophie questioned.
"U-umm...yeah. But...it couldn't be him. H-he was the one that saved me and a f-friend from Team Catalyst." Jake explained.
"Hmm..I see. Well there isn't any use speculating for now. Peeves, did you happen to get any more info?" Zack questioned.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases