UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #826
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona smiled and nodded encouragingly as Shibo suggested he ought to stop doubting himself so much, then pulled the Lickitung into a hug as well.

Albus stood his ground against the Gust. He lowered his whole body to the floor, allowing the String Shot he was still wrapped in to tether him to the floor as the Gust whipped up. Moreover, the strings blocked the worst of the Gust, though he still felt the attack's effects. Plus, it was blowing away some of the Stun Spores. Not all of them, of course. The important part, however, was that Albus was still standing. After the Gust weakened the String Shot sufficiently, he struggled and broke free from the strings. He was still paralyzed, but no longer in a sticky, gooey tomb of paralyzey slowness. That was something. Nevertheless, the Weedle was getting quite worn down by this point. Were it not for him using his own backfired String Shot as a defense, that Gust would have finished him. The battle was nearing its end, and the only question on Albus's mind was this- would Cerno be able to withstand one last volley of Poison Sting? Because that's exactly what was fired the Cottonee's way.

Telpo wolfed down the burger as if trying to defend it from an oncoming Swalot. His words elicited a look of mild concern from Millicent, though. "A long time?" she repeated. "Doesn't Jake cook for you guys?" she asked.

Luna smiled at Hayai, though the touching moment was gone as the Zebstrika continued to defend Hayai. Pom joined the others in trying to talk some sense into Hayai, but they were right- this was not something the Zebstrika wanted to hear.

Luna shook her head at Hayai's question. We're not pretending, and you're not stupid, she responded. You're loyal, and that alone makes you great- but something that's just as important as loyalty is good judgement, she explained. We're telling you these things because all we've seen thus far was Arthur using your loyal nature to turn you against me.

"Let's not forget making Freighya cry," Cyanide added. "I'll admit making him say stuff like that would be something Stewie would want to do, but there's still limits to what a Shadow Ledian is capable of. He can't pull off that kind of mind control."

Hayai, said Luna. What we've seen from Arthur, is this how he treats you regularly? Could you tell us why you're friends with him in the first place? she asked, her tone indicating a genuine desire to know this.

Peeves's news went over about as well as he could've expected bad news to go. Zack confirmed that Steven Hagane was indeed the grandson of the founder of Hagane Labs, as well as the current owner. However, Jake did indeed recall somebody named Ryan... in an Electric-type tournament... but he saved Jake from Team Catalyst? Peeves raised his one and only eyebrow at this- Zack was right, there was no real use speculating, but all the same, that was a lot of coincidences lining up right there... He turned to Zack upon being asked if he got any more info. "Not a lot, and you probably don't want to know most of it anyway," stated Peeves. "They... yeesh... they perform experiments on Pokémon, and... yeah, let's just say I wanted to vomit from rage and leave it at that," he shuddered.

"Bastards," Keith stated, shaking his head. "The sooner we take out Team Catalyst, the better."

"Amen to that," Jack nodded.

"Also, there's apparently a grunt that specializes in Ground-type, with the specific intent of crushing Ryan and his Electric-types," Peeves added, shrugging to indicate that even he doubted the usefulness of that tidbit. "And... OH!" he exclaimed. "Should've mentioned this sooner, honestly- those blabbermouth grunts I eavesdropped on? They mentioned that the tracker had confirmed that Project X was sighted nearby."

"Wh- for serious?" Jack stated, his borrowed eyes widening.

"Yeah, but apparently it's got memory-erasi- I mean, uh," Peeves hastily stammered, realizing Keith was within earshot.

"Peeves, relax, I already know what it's capable of," Keith stated. "There's been some discussion going on in your absence. And Jack, don't forget- it's made to track a Ditto, and guess what you are."

"...Right. Right," Jack nodded. "Yeesh... Of all the freakin'..."

"I'm guessing you wanna meet this Project X?" Peeves questioned.

"Hell yeah, I do," Jack nodded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Heather could barely contain a giggle fit at Cotton's reaction to Grace's charms. The puffball practically had hearts for eyes, and was clearly head over...very small feet, at least, and it was an adorable sight to see. Keith was under the impression that this was trouble, which...probably wouldn’t last for long, since there wasn't much Grace could do with the time she'd bought, and not much meant literally nothing. Heather didn't want to blatantly stall, either. That simply wasn't very sporting, was it? She would have to figure out how to make use of Grace's damaging moves without breaking the attraction, or else that move didn't do much other than waste a minute or two. Heather saw her answer as Cotton began hesitantly showing off some Swagger. That would do it.

"Such a showoff. What's next on the docket?" Grace asked, not expecting the reply she got.

"Act like it worked, but get in a Thunder Shock in your stupor." Heather said, a plan brewing in her eyes.

"Er, if you say so?" Grace responded quizzically, proceeding to act as if confused, small sparks flying wildly from her hands. As she made to make a show of a faceplant, she let one fly straight at Cotton. This was Heather's chance to make a big hit, if things went to plan...

Magus listened intently as Willow told her story. His expression darkened, however, at the mention that an errant Inferno led to the blaze that caused Willow's untimely parting from the living. The sounds he heard, the faint screams of young Pokémon...it brought back memories of when he had been captured as a Ralts, flames driving him right into that damnable human's trap. But he bit his tongue about it, continuing to listen to Willow's tale as she recounted how she met Millicent in the Adoption Center. When she finally finished, he looked at the two of them with a pleased expression.

And what a pair you make! he commented. The Adoption Center can sometimes seem pretty grim while you're there, but it's also a place of plenty of miracles in the end. The most important thing is to never give up hope. he added with a nod, before facing Willow. You made the right choice all that time ago, helping everyone to safety. I hope those Pokémon are out there, enjoying the gift you gave them. he said reassuringly.
Keith gritted his teeth- it seemed that Cotton's Swagger wasn't affecting Grace at all. But Heather had a plan- Grace was to act like it was working, and "accidentally" launch a Thunder Shock at the Swirlix. A clever idea indeed, Keith had to hand it to her- if Cotton thought the Thunder Shock was a genuine accident, due to the confusion from Swagger, it might keep the attraction going. And sure enough, the errant spark flew right at Cotton, landing a decent hit. The Swirlix yelped in pain as he Thunder Shock made contact, and there was a hurt and confused look on Cotton's face as he gazed back at Grace. Why had she hurt him? Didn't she love him? Did... she really love him? Or... no, of course she did- it was the Swagger! Of course! Cotton must have been too careless with Swagger and confused his beloved- it was his fault she attacked him!

Keith could hear the guilty whimpering from Cotton, and from there, got the gist of his train of thought. His mind raced- Heather's plan was working out pretty well for her. But he had to break that attraction before much longer! Once the pheromone reached Cotton's bloodstream, Keith knew that Swirlix was in for a world of hurt, both physically and emotionally. He had to play along with this- he couldn't simply snap Cotton out of this. In a state like this, he couldn't count on the Swirlix to listen to reason. Hell, he could barely count on the Swirlix to listen to reason when telling him not to eat all the Pecha Berries in his bag. No, if there was any hope to getting a win here, it lay in coercing Cotton to attack Grace despite the attraction.

"Cotton, it's OK," Keith said to his Swirlix. "We all know you didn't mean to make her do that. Hey, I know what you could do to apologize," he added, barely able to conceal a sly grin. "Go and give Grace a great big hug!" Now that, Keith knew, was a genius plan. Swirlix fur was as fluffy as cotton candy, and just about as sticky, too, so if Cotton went with this suggestion (and if he was as willing to make amends for his perceived wrongdoing as Keith suspected he was, he imagined Cotton would go along with it quite readily), Grace was in for a sticky surprise. Perhaps one she would have to resort to Thunder Shock to remove, or at least fly out of range of. Cotton's show of affection so soundly rebuffed, that just might snap him out of it, Keith figured.

"I know that now," Millicent smiled, nodding at Magus's words. "Willow helped me to keep hope when I was at my lowest, and now I have a wonderful Trainer who's even cool with me not wanting to evolve. I couldn't ask for a better life," she stated.

Thank you, Willow said, as Magus stated that her choice to save the others as the right one. That is my hope as well. One could almost see a smile somewhere on the piece of lumber as she started to reminiscence. I would love to see any of them again. I was like a mother to so many of them... The Patrat were always cautious little ones... Even the Purrloin were adorable, when I could get them to stop stealing from others, she chuckled. And the Riolu- always acting tougher than they really were. Of course, I had a special fondness for the Sewaddle, she added. I remember always making them new leaf clothes- I was quite good at that. Ahh... I have never, do not now, and never will, regret saving them, she stated.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:34 AM   #827
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia sighed happily.
Cerno took the poison sting almost out of energy. He had just enough for one more GUST.
Frieghya blushed when Cyanide mentioned her.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #828
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Shibo was caught completely off guard as Pomona pulled him into a hug.
"T-thank you..Pomona." Shibo said, hugging the Ivysaur right back. "You and Cassiopia...you're too kind."
----
Millicent seemed somewhat concerned at Telpo's question, asking if Jake cooked for them.
"He used to, but no..not anymore." Telpo replied. "Ever since returning from a trip...he just...hasn't been the same."
"He hasn't be nearly as happy as he used to be, and...he seems reluctant to even go outside. Me and some of our teammates had to persuade him to even show up here. Frankly, I don't know what's wrong." Telpo continued
"He still insists on taking care of meals though...usually he orders a pizza or gets us some precooked food."
----
Luna explained that good judgement was just as important as loyalty, and that from what the group had seen, Arthur was using Hayai's loyalty to turn him against the Swoobat.
Cyanide added that the Rotom had also made Freighya cry, and that while mind control sounded like something Stewie would want to do, the Shadow Ledian wasn't capable of it.

"I already told you, Stewie was making Arthur do those mean things." Hayai replied. "As for him not being able to do that? That's obviously what Stewie wants you to think!"
Luna then questioned if Arthur always treated Hayai like what they had seen, and why the Zebstrika was friends with him in the first place.
"Umm...y-yeah..he usually says stuff like that, but he's just trying to help me become tougher. He said I needed to grow a thicker skin...that's....that's why he says those mean things." Hayai said.

"As for how we became friends? Well one day, when he had first joined the team, he came to talk to me. He told me all about his legendary adventures...and I told him my goal of wanting to help everyone I could.
After talking for a bit, he said he'd make me an offer...as long as I agreed to be his friend. I agreed of course, it isn't everyday when a hero asks you to be their friend! He then told me how long ago, he had battled a demon to end all demons, in order to save the world.
He succeeded, but just before the beast was slain, it cursed him! The demon cast his true power into five cards, before scattering them across the lands.
Arthur said that he would grant me the power that was contained within the cards, as long as I swore to stick by his side while he searched for them." Hayai explained.
"With that power...I can become strong enough to help everyone in need. Besides, he's my friend...and friends help one another when they're in need."
----
"I-I won't let them get away with this!" Jake exclaimed. "Even if I have to charge into their headquarters and destroy them myself!"
"O-oh...umm..s-sorry..I don't know what came o-over me there." Jake apologized a moment later.
"It's ok master, I don't think any of us here blames you." Telpo replied. "For what it's worth, I too long for them to be punished for their actions. This is inexcusable."

Peeves continued, explaining that he had learned a grunt specialized in Ground types. But one of biggest tidbits, was the fact that Project X had been sighted nearby.
Jack seemed to like the sound of that, but Keith quickly reminded him that he was also a Ditto, and would probably show up on the tracker.

"That settles it then! We need to go back in there and destroy that other tracker, right now." Sophie said.
"What? Are you crazy? Peeves just set off the alarm, they're going to be on high alert now." Telpo replied.
"I know. I don't like it either, but we don't have a choice. If Project x was far away, we could wait it out a little bit. But if Project X truly is close by, then they may be preparing to snatch it as we speak." Sophie explained.
"If we don't deal with those trackers soon, then we may not be able to stop Team Catalyst in time."

"You do make a good point Sophie, we do need to take out those trackers, and quick." Zack replied.
"We may very well have to sneak in, even with the stakes as high as they are. I very much doubt that Peeves would have the luxury of going back in for us..."

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 05-21-2017 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Massive Spelling error
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:34 AM   #829
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona smiled. "You're welcome," she said to Shibo.

Albus tried to endure Cerno's Gust, but this time, with no String Shot to protect him, he took the full force of the Flying-type move. "Gah... I concede defeat," the young Weedle grunted, bowing respectfully to his opponent. "I was right- you are a very skilled opponent. I admit trying to blow away the Stun Spore with String Shot wasn't my best idea, though, but this is how I learn," he stated. "In fact, I may have an idea how I can turn that to my advantage in future battles," he added.

"Oh, wow, that really sucks," murmured Millicent. "Where was this trip, anyway?"

"Yeah, something don't sound right," nodded Vinny. "I wanna know what's up with Jake myself. He's one of hat man's best friends."

Is there any way we can find out? Willow asked Telpo.

Cyanide raised an eyebrow at Hayai's "explanation" of how it had to be Stewie controlling Arthur. "Speaking as Stewie's teammate, believe me when I say this," said Cyanide. "If he was capable of mind control, he'd make damn sure we all knew it. Every time he learns a new Shadow move, he shows it off constantly. Just be glad you weren't in the area the week after he learned Shadow Sky- nobody wanted to set foot outside the Secret Base." She looked even more skeptical as Hayai stated that Arthur did frequently treat Hayai like that, but that it was OK, because he was trying to toughen up the Zebstrika. "...Dude," said Cyanide. "I don't sugarcoat anything, I tell it like it is, and I don't give a Raticate's ass if people think I'm rude, and even I think that's just wrong."

"Bad Rotom not friend," Dudley spoke up. "Friend no say mean things to friend. Mean things no toughen up, only make feel bad. Friend say nice things. Friend encourage friend. Friend make friends feel good. Dudley sorry Dudley call Rotom bad, but Dudley no want lie to friend. Dudley no want see friend cry like bad Rotom make friend cry." A stunned silence followed the Shiny Slowbro's surprisingly smart statement. Even Kenny looked surprised.

As Hayai told the story, Luna tilted her head, looking at the Zebstrika. She did not interrupt at all, though once he was done telling it, she stayed silent a few seconds longer before telepathically speaking up once more. How did he prove this to you? she asked. If you believed what he told you, he must have proven to you that he didn't just make it all up, right?

Jake's outburst was met with nods of approval from Keith, Peeves, and Jack. The group began talking about going into Hagane Labs to destroy the tracker once and for all. "Well, count me in," Keith stated.

"Yeah, same," Peeves stated. "Though if our target is basically a Ditto tracker, I'm thinking Jack-"

"Yeah, I know, back in the ball," Jack nodded, rolling his borrowed eyes. "Just promise I can get in on the action if your cover gets blown, huh?"

"Hoping that won't happen, but you got a deal," Keith stated. "Now, then," he added, turning back to the group. "What are we thinking we'll do?"
Old 05-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #830
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia nodded.
Cerno floated over to the weedle and helpped him up "You did quite well."
Frieghya's jaw dropped when she heard Dudley speak. After he finished she nodded "Well said Dudley."

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:59 AM   #831
EpicSquirtle

Shibo smiled, but with nothing more to say, the Lickitung fell silent.
----
"Well, I originally suggested for Jake to visit a place called Rayo town. He ended up staying there for a bit, in order to compete in a tournament. After that, he and Sophie stopped in somewhere called Ryuu town. Apparently they had to stop Team Catalyst and save the town from a giant Salamence." Telpo explained.
"Oh, Team Catalyst is basically a sketchy group of people that's been up to no good recently." Telpo added, realizing that Vinny and Shelly hadn't heard his last explanation of them.
"I'm afraid I can't think of a way to find out what's wrong either. Trust me, I've tried asking, but Jake doesn't seem willing to answer."
----
Cyanide spoke up, saying that what Arthur was doing was wrong.
Dudley also spoke up, saying that the bad Rotom wasn't Hayai's friend, and that friends didn't say such thing to their friends. The Slowbro continued, saying that friends encouraged each other, and that he was sorry for calling Arthur bad, but that didn't want to lie to Hayai.

"Wow...I couldn't have said it better myself." Pom nodded. "Hayai, what Cyanide and.....what they're saying, it's true. I know you don't want to hear it, but Arthur, he's only pretending to be your friend."
"No, that's not true." Hayai shook his head. "He is my friend. He's only doing this for my benefit, that's what he told me. Sometimes friends push each other in order for them to become their best."

After telling his tale, Luna asked the Zebstrika how Arthur had proved he was telling the truth, stating that he must have proven to Hayai that he wasn't making it all up.
"He swore on our friendship that he was telling the truth." Hayai replied. "Besides, why would he need my help finding them if they didn't exist?"
----
"Well I was thinking...you'd probably have to disguise as employees, in order to get in." Zack suggested.
"That idea again? I'm not liking the sound of it. There's just too much that can go wrong with it." Telpo replied. "Besides, how are we even going to get employee outfits?"
"I know it's risky, but unless Peeves knows how to teleport, I'm coming up short on ideas. The good news is, if that's our best way in, we have plenty of outfits that could allow you to sneak in." Zack explained.
"Of course this isn't set in stone yet. I realize this isn't one of my better plans, so if any of you guys can think of a better idea, I'd be glad to hear it."
Old 05-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #832
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona smiled at her friends, before noticing the outcome of the battle. "Oh, wow- Albus lost?" she said, surprised at the outcome. "Hey, c'mon, you two wanna meet Albus?" she asked Cassiopia and Shibo.

"Thank you," Albus said, accepting Cerno's help. "You did well, too. You took those Poison Stings better than I would've thought a Grass/Fairy-type could," he said, sounding rather impressed. "Would a rematch someday be OK with you, once I get stronger?"

Telpo explained that Jake's change in demeanor came after he and Sophie ended up saving Ryuu town from a giant Salamence, and also stopping Team Catalyst.

"Team Catalyst, huh?" Vinny stated. "I heard 'o them, alright, though I don't know much more about 'em than the name."

"Hmm..." Millicent murmured. "Maybe we could ask Myrtle or Helena to help?" she suggested. "Banette can taste emotions- maybe they could tell what's bothering Jake by what his emotions taste like?"

Hayai continued to insist that Arthur was his friend, continued to defend his heinous actions by stating they were only for the Zebstrika's benefit. Cyanide shook her head. "OK, listen here," she said to Hayai. "I know what being a jerk looks like. I have a reputation as a bitch, and not without reason, so believe me, I know a little something about that. The way Arthur talks to you, that ain't what friends talk like. That's the way I would talk to someone I didn't like. If friends wanna push each other to improve them, that's one thing, but y'know what that consists of? Encouragement. Kindness. Telling someone that they're stronger than they realize, and helping them to actually friggin' realize it. That ain't what I saw here," the Umbreon stated. She then raised an eyebrow as Hayai stated why he believed Arthur. "So lemme get this straight," she said. "He swore on your friendship... that he was telling the truth... so that you would believe him... so that you would become friends. Basically, he didn't prove shit to you."

At Hayai's question, however, Luna spoke up. Oh, I have no doubt he wants your help finding five cards, she said. The Wash Card, the Mow Card, the Fan Card, the Heat Card, and the Frost Card- are those what he calls them? The Swoobat shook her head. Those cards are what allow a Rotom to change its form, she stated. They don't work for Blitzle or Zebstrika. Or anything other than a Rotom, really. He can't grant you the power contained in those cards. As she spoke, she telepathically beamed images of the five cards she was talking about into Hayai's mind.

"Can confirm, no Teleport," Peeves stated. "So unless Keith has his Slowbro, Smeargle, Venomoth, or Qwilfish with him..."

"Nope," Keith shook his head. "None of those. But yeah... disguising ourselves as employees, I'm not loving the idea," he stated. "Telpo's right, there's so much that can go wrong..."

"Hey, wait," Peeves said suddenly. "What if... what if we can lure some of them out of the lab? We lure them into a trap, ambush and overpower them, then go back disguised as them? If we look like established members of Catalyst that were known to have left and were expected to return, I don't think we'd raise a lot of suspicion, would we?" he asked.

"I see what you're saying," Keith nodded. "But... How would we pull off such perfect disguises?"

"Heh, did you forget?" smirked Peeves. "I learned illusions from the best. I could make the disguises happen, no sweat. I'm the one who taught Helena how to create that illusion of what she looked like when she was alive."

Keith blinked, visibly impressed by this statement. "Hard to argue with that," he nodded. "But that still leaves the question of how we'd lure them into a trap in the first place," he added. "Only thing I can think of that'd get their attention is Project X, and somehow I don't think that's an option at the moment," he shrugged. He turned to Zack. "Any idea what might attract their attention, get them to send a few members out to check things out?" he asked.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #833
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia nodded "I would love too."
Cerno bowed "Of course, I would love a rematch someday."
Frieghya nodded, not really knowing what to say.

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #834
EpicSquirtle

"That sounds like a great idea." Shibo nodded.
----
Millicent suggested that they could ask Myrtle or Helena for help. With Banette able to taste emotion, they could possibly tell what's wrong, by the way Jake's emotions tasted.
"That sounds like a good idea." Telpo replied. "I don't think Jake would really approve of us doing this though. That's the only problem."
----
"B-but...he did prove he was speaking the truth... Our friendship...that wouldn't be something to swear on lightly...would it?" Hayai questioned, not entirely sure himself.

Luna then spoke up, voicing that she had no doubt that Arthur wanted Hayai's help finding five cards. She then asked the Zebstrika if the cards were known as The Wash Card, the Mow Card, the Fan Card, the Heat Card, and the Frost Card.

"Yeah, that's them!" Hayai exclaimed. "Arthur says they each represent one of the five elements that can make me stronger. Water, Grass, Flying, Fire, and Ice, if I remember correctly."

Luna continued, explaining that the cards were used to change a Rotom's form, and were useless on any other Pokemon.

"I know, that's what I thought too. But Arthur told me that once he has all five, he can preform a ritual which will allow me to take their power." Hayai explained.
"It's a really complicated ritual though, according to Arthur, only legendary heroes can preform it. That's why you probably haven't heard of it."

----
Peeves confirmed that he wasn't capable of teleportation, and with that, plans of teleporting into the base were officially scrapped.
Peeves then suggested they lure some employees out of the lab, and right into a trap. The idea being, they could overpower the grunts, before going back in, disguised as them.
Keith questioned how they would be able to perfectly disguise as them, but Peeves explained that he could create illusions. With these illusions, he could easily disguise the group.

"Now this sounds much better." Telpo chimed. "We'll have a much lower chance of getting caught this way."

Keith then asked Zack if there was any way to attract Team Catalyst's attention, anyway to lure a few employees into their trap.

"Not that I can think of." Zack replied. "As you said, the only thing I can think of is Project X."

"There's no need to worry about that, I have a perfect way to bait them out!" Sophie exclaimed.
"Really? What's that?" Zack questioned.
"Just trust me, I've got it under control." Sophie replied. "What you should be worrying about, is what kind of trap you're going to set for them."

"Hmm...ok then, I trust that you've got it all covered." Zack nodded, before turning to the rest of the group.
"So...what kind of trap were we thinking? Besides a straight up ambush, not much else is coming to mind."
Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #835
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

With both Cassiopia and Shibo in agreement, Pomona led the way over to where Albus and Cerno had just agreed to have a rematch someday. "Oh- hi, Pomona," Albus greeted the Ivysaur. "Who are your friends?"

"Hi, Albus, I loved watching your battle," smiled Pomona. "This is Cassiopia, and this is Shibo."

"Nice to meet you both," the young Weedle said politely, bowing to both newcomers. As he spoke, Hermione approached her son, inspecting the damage he'd taken in the previous battle. Of course, Albus was perfectly fine, but a mother still couldn't help but worry. Scorpius placed a Cheri Berry before the paralyzed Weedle, and he started to munch on it to relieve the status condition.

"Hmm, yeah, that would be a problem," Millicent agreed. "Maybe we could just ask her to talk to him, then? She probably saw Jake come in, she's at the counter downstairs in the Pokémon Center, so she probably already tasted something off about his emotions."

"That swearing is the reason you even became friends," Cyanide reminded Hayai. "There wasn't a friendship for him to swear on at that time. Damn right a friendship's not something to swear on lightly, but it only really means something when it's between two friends that have already been friends, who have already come to trust each other. This happened when you two first met. If your friendship's based entirely on Arthur's status as a legendary hero, your friendship is based on a lie."

Luna listened as Hayai explained that Arthur knew of some ritual to give the cards' power to the Zebstrika, and that the ritual wouldn't be known to them because of its exclusivity to legendary heroes. All those cards do is enable a Rotom to inhabit a different electric appliance, Luna said. They aren't made by demons stealing a Rotom's power, they're mass-produced by Silph Co. The first ones were made in 2008.

Peeves's idea went over quite well. The one problem was with the notion of luring them out in the first place, but Sophie stated that she had it covered. While this confused Keith, Sophie had proven to be quite trustworthy the last few times she told them to just trust her, and so he raised no questions.

The subject then turned to what exactly they could do for a trap, save for an ambush. Peeves raised a hand. "Just throwing this out there, I do know how to use Mean Look."

"And I could have my Stunfisk hide in the ground," Keith volunteered. "First Catalyst grunt to step on Rubeus gets a good, healthy dose of Thunder Shock," he grinned, plucking the Ground Ball off his belt.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 05-21-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #836
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassiopia waved shyly.
Cerno floated over to make sure that Albus was ok.
Freighya was frustrated with the zebstrika's attitude "oh come on! You can not be that thick!"

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-22-2017, 01:55 AM   #837
EpicSquirtle

Pomona lead the group over to Albus, who seemed curious on just who the Ivysaur's friends were. Upon Pomona introducing the pair, Albus bowed, saying that it was nice to meet them.
"Oh, thanks. But there isn't really a need to be formal..I'm not that speci-err...thanks." Shibo said, quickly correcting himself.

"I actually saw you battling that Cottonee. It's a shame you didn't win, but I'm sure you'll be able to win one day, you've just gotta keep trying."
"Umm..Albus already battle actually...against Telpo no less." Tessa said as she approached the group.
"Oh umm..I just realized... I'm kind of butting into your conversation, sorry. I just overheard you and I..uhh...wanted to clarify." The cosplay Pikachu explained.
"It's ok. But really, Telpo? I never really thought him to be much of a fighter." Shibo replied.
"Oh, Pomona, Cassopia, Albus this is my teammate, Tessa. Tessa, this is Pomona, Albus and Cassopia."
----
"Hmm, I'm not sure that will work either." Telpo said in response to Millicent's new suggestion.
"I mean, it could. But I'm not sure if he'd even be willing to talk to her."
----
Cyanide pointed out that swearing was the only reason Hayai and Arthur even became friends. The Umbreon explained that swearing on their friendship would only mean something if they were already friends. Their friendship was a lie if it was only based on Arthur's status as a hero.
"T-that's not true....it's....it's not a lie." Hayai stammered. "It couldn't be...it's impossible."

Luna explained that the only powers the cards held, was to allow a Rotom to inhabit different appliances. The cards weren't the work of a demons magic either, they were mass produced by Silph Co. since 2008.
"But...Arthur said these ones were different. He said that these gave any Pokemon the power to control each of the cards elements." Hayai explained.

At this point, Freighya seemed to be quite frustrated with the Zebstrika, speaking aloud that he possibly couldn't be that thick.

"I wouldn't say so much thick, as he is desperate." Pom replied.
"Think about it. One day someone he looks up to arrives, claiming that he can grant him all of his deepest wishes. The only catch being that he has to be his friend." The Ambipom continued.
"Except, Hayai doesn't exactly have many friends, he's constantly pushing others away with his attitude. For Hayai there is no downside, in his mind."

"You know I can hear you. What you're saying...it...it isn't true. I have other friends...and...and I'm not desperate." Hayai stammered.
----
As the group began to brainstorm ideas on just what trap they were going to set, Peeves brought up that he knew Mean Look.
Keith then suggested having his Stunfisk hide on the ground, shocking the first grunt that stepped on him.

"I-I've got an idea." Jake said, before turning to Sophie. "Y-you said you can l-lure them out...w-would this put you in the path of...of any traps?"
"Nope." Sophie shook her head. "So feel free to do whatever you want."
"O-ok..good. Well..how about w-we lure them into an alley, and have Keith's Stunfisk shock them."
"T-then Peeves..he can prevent them f-from escaping with Mean Look. F-finally, I'll have my Oddish use S-sleep Powder...in order to knock them out." Jake explained.

"Sounds good to me." Telpo replied.
"Indeed, I think it's our best shot at the moment." Zack nodded. "What do the rest of you think?"
Old 05-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #838
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Albus smiled, looking a little shy himself. He had started to shake his head to disagree with Shibo's statement that he wasn't that special, when the Lickitung stopped himself.

"Oh- thank you, Cerno, but he's OK," Hermione confirmed. "I knew he would be, but now that I'm a mother, I can't help but worry sometimes," she explained. "He really is so much like his father, though," she added proudly.

"My boy's gonna be the best someday," grinned Scorpius. "With battling skills like that, there's no way he can't be."

Albus, meanwhile, was looking at Cassiopia. "You're an Elgyem, right?" he asked, sounding curious. "Is it true Elgyem come from space?" He then nodded at Shibo's words. "Thank you, Shibo, though I-" Albus began, before Tessa approached the group and said what Albus was about to say- that Albus had already won against Telpo.

Pomona smiled as she and the others were introduced to Tessa. "Hi, Tessa," she said. "It's nice to meet- ohh, wow, you have a heart on your tail!" she exclaimed, noticing the distinctive marking indicative of a Cosplay Pikachu. "Oh, wow, that's so cute and so awesome!"

Millicent sighed at Telpo's words. "Well, something's gotta work," she said. "I mean, if something's really bothering Jake, there's gotta be a way to help him, or at least find out what's going on... Maybe we could ask Helena to at least try," she said. "I mean, maybe it won't work, but I just feel like we shouldn't give up before even trying, y'know?"

Cyanide said nothing at first. Hayai was starting to see the truth, but was steadfastly denying it. This... this was oddly and darkly familiar to the Umbreon. She listened as Pom explained to Freighya that Hayai didn't have many friends, that Arthur's offer was just so good that he saw no downside to it, that he was constantly pushing others away with his attitude... Cyanide couldn't help but flash back to the days of old, before Keith, before even that eccentric millionaire who bought her whole family...

"...I get it," the Umbreon finally said to Hayai. "I get why you don't want to believe what we're saying- I've been there before. Lemme tell you a little story," she said to the Zebstrika. "Back in the Coins for Prizes shop, it was kind of a lonely existence. Even back then I was a grade-A bitch. I had my brothers and sisters, but they all annoy me, so I never really had anyone to hang out with. Then I go to grab some food, and I get to a food dish at the same time as this cute Eevee. He and I hit it off, and for a while, everything was great." She knew that both Pom and Freighya had heard this story before, but this would be new to Hayai. "But then... one night, an Arbok broke in, went straight for the Eevee. Me and the cute Eevee, we were running from the Arbok, right? I trip, and I fall. And as that happened, I wasn't worried. I figured, that Eevee and I were inseparable, we were such good friends that surely he'd stop and save me. But... nothing doing," the Umbreon shook her head. "The coward kept running, ignored my cries for help, didn't even look back. So I landed a Tackle on the Arbok, just enough to stun it for a second, and hauled ass, hiding wherever I could. Point being, while I hid, I was trying to process what had just happened. I didn't want to believe that that cute Eevee had just betrayed me and left me to die, but... well, that's exactly what he did," she spat. "So yeah- I get why you don't want to think that Arthur ain't a friend of yours. You don't want to feel like you're losing a friend when making friends ain't exactly the easiest thing in the world. When that coward just left me there, it broke my heart, but... y'know what I've learned since then?" said Cyanide. "I didn't really lose a friend, because if he was gonna treat me like that, he was no friend of mine in the first place. You gotta learn who your real friends are. I did. Freighya here, she's a real friend. And Pom?" she grinned. "He's much more than just a friend. I love him." She paused to nuzzle Pom affectionately for a moment, before turning her attention back to Hayai. "You want friends who treat you like a friend, not like a piece of garbage," she stated.

Cyanide's right, nodded Luna. And this is coming from an Umbreon who has trouble making friends because she's afraid of getting betrayed again.

Jake added his own input to the idea, though only after ensuring that Sophie's way of luring them out would not put her in harm's way. Keith, Jack, and Peeves nodded their satisfaction at this knowledge, before Jake suggested that they lure the Catalyst members into an alley, whereupon Rubeus would shock them, Peeves would trap them, and then Jake's Oddish would incapacitate them with Sleep Powder.

Keith nodded. "I like it," he stated. "I'm in."

"Same here," agreed Peeves. "Sleep Powder- I like that."

"Am I gonna get to help here?" Jack asked, not expecting a good answer.

"Possibly," Keith said fairly. "If Peeves's Mean Look doesn't trap them all at once, maybe you could help him out with that."

"I could do that, yeah," Jack shrugged.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #839
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia nodded " indeed, in fact I was just informing Pamona and Shibo about my adventures."
Cerno nodded and turned to Scorpius "Indeed, your son is quite talented."
Frieghya blushed when Cyanide mentioned her "our last adventure here was enough to proove what real friendship is" she muttered quietly.

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-23-2017, 02:18 AM   #840
EpicSquirtle

Tessa's face went bright red as Pomona complimented the Cosplay Pikachu on her heart marking, saying that it was both cute and awesome.
"Oh umm...why..uh....t-thank you." Tessa stammered. "I....I don't think umm..anyone's really.....c-complimented me on it before."
----
Millicent suggested that they could ask Helena to try at the very least.
"Yeah, I guess it's better then nothing." Telpo agreed. "Who knows, it could very well work."
----
Much to Pom and Hayai's surprise, Cyanide began to tell a story. It was a story Pom remembered quite well, the tale of Cyanide's time in the Coins for Prizes shop.
Pom couldn't help but nod as Cyanide told the story once again. Her lonely existence without hanging out with her family, the time she met another Eevee at the food dish, up to the Arbok attack, and the Eevee's betrayal.
Once Cyanide was finished telling the story, she explained that she hadn't really lost a friend, with him treating her the way he had, he wasn't a friend of hers to begin with. She continued, saying that Hayai had to learn who his real friends were, and that she had done so.
As Cyanide mentioned her love for him, Pom's face grew a dark shade of red.

"I-I'm sorry that happened to you...I-i never knew." Hayai replied. "I-I guess I get what you're saying though.... Arthur....he...he isn't really my friend....."
"That's right." Pom nodded. "But that's ok, you really don't want to be friends with someone like him."

"....here I was...thinking I finally had a friend." Hayai said. "You know...this happened with Vermillion and Neku as well. They both were using me..just...j-just like Arthur."
"W-why can't I make any friends?" Hayai questioned, seemingly on the verge of tears once again.

"Well..umm...." Pom murmured, before looking to the others. Maybe they had a better way of putting it then whatever he was going to say...
----
"Alright, it seems that our plan is decided then." Zack said. "I'd love to come with you, but I'm afraid I have some things that need to be done first."

"Alright, instead of you fools bumbling around the streets, I'll Teleport you guys to where you need." Duosion chimed, before turning his attention to Telpo.
"You've been to the front of Hagane Labs before? If so, can you help me Teleport them there? Or are you also a dead weight, like the rest?"
"I can do it." Telpo nodded. "I'm not sure if I can carry more then two though."

"Two's all we need, you grab those two." Duosion said, pointing to Jake and Sophie with his head.
"As for the rest of you, I'm going to have to request no more then two at a time." The mitosis Pokemon explained, turning to Keith's group.
"Preferably not Peeves though. He may just be stupid enough to set off the alarm again, just by being near the entrance."
Old 05-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #841
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Albus's eyes lit up. "You really have been to different worlds, then?" he asked Cassiopia. "Can you tell me what some of them are like?"

Scorpius grinned. "That's my boy," he said. With one of his claws, he pulled Albus into a gentle yet manly hug before letting him go back to his conversation with Cassiopia. "Makes me so proud whenever I see him do so good in battle. He's like both me and his mother- loves learning, loves battles."

"Let's try it, then," agreed Millicent, finishing her burger. "Whenever you're ready," she added to Telpo. "Helena should be just downstairs." She was all set to lead the way, but if the Abra was still eating, she'd let him finish first.

At last, Hayai saw the truth- Arthur was no friend of his. He started to tear up again, wondering out loud why he couldn't make any friends, stating that Hayai wasn't even the first one to pretend to be his friend in order to use him. Pom couldn't seem to provide an answer, so Cyanide spoke up again.

"Well, first off, defending Pokémon others see as the bad guy, that doesn't exactly give the best first impression," stated the Umbreon. "But that ain't gonna be much of a problem now that you know what Arthur really is," she added. "Next thing is, you ain't found the right Pokémon yet," she stated. "You keep managing to end up making friends with Pokémon that use you. Took me a while before I ever ended up making any real friends. And I'll tell you something else- you want to get started making actual friends? Look to your left." Luna smiled at this, for if Hayai looked to his left, he'd see the Swoobat.

With the plan agreed upon, Duosion offered to help Telpo Teleport the group to Hagane Labs. While Telpo would Teleport Jake and Sophie, Duosion offered to Teleport Keith and one of his Pokémon- he wouldn't take more than two passengers, and specifically requested "not Peeves", which left the Dusknoir decidedly less than amused. "OK, listen, you-" began Peeves.

"Peeves, take it easy," stated Keith. "Duosion, considering how crucial Peeves is to the plan, I'm gonna have to insist he accompany us." He and the Dusknoir exchanged a high-five as he spoke. "Give him more credit than that, he's more careful than that."

"Besides which," added Jack. "I don't want to set off the tracker, so I'm thinking I wait in my ball until I need to get involved, yeah?"

"You're cool with that, right?" Keith asked Jack.

"No sweat," Jack assured him. "I want the plan to succeed. Besides, unlike Meowth, I'm cool with being in my ball," he shrugged.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #842
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia told Albus about her adventures that she had told pamona and the lickitounge.
Ccerno nodded "Some admirable traits to have."
Freighya nodded "sorry for being so hard on you, I would consider you a friend though." she stepped forward and nuzzzled the Zebstika.

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #843
EpicSquirtle

Though she had been previously talking to Pomona, Tessa couldn't help but turn her attention to Cassiopia as the Elgyem explained her adventures once again.

"Oh umm...wow. S-sorry for butting in but, I uh...couldn't help but overhear your mention of, umm...all those strange worlds." Tessa explained.
"I'm sorry if I'm being rude..but...are you sure you didn't just dream about them? It's just...some of them sound so weird....I just uhh...have a hard time believing it."
----
Finishing her burger, Millicent explained that Helena was downstairs.

"Alright let's get going." Telpo chimed, before turning to face the others.
"Thank you Vinny, Shelly and.....uh..it was Cotton, right? Regardless, thanks for the food..and the chat as well."
----
Cyanide stated that Hayai defending an evil Pokemon hadn't given him the greatest of first impressions. But if he wanted to get started making friends, he could look to his left.
Hayai heeded the Umbreons words and looked to his left, noticing that Luna was there.
"Luna..." Hayai murmured.

Frieghya then stepped forward, apologizing for being hard on Hayai, before saying that she would consider him to be a friend.
"...But why?" Hayai questioned. "After what I did...I don't see.....I don't see how you would want to....."
----
Duosion couldn't help but roll his eyes as Keith stuck up for Peeves, saying that he was crucial to the plan.
"Yeah, but he was also crucial to the last plan, and look how well that went." Duosion retorted.
"Well whatever, I guess we do need him. So once Jack's in his ball, just grab on and I'll get us to where you need to go."

"Alright Sophie, Master, are you ready?" Telpo questioned, his attitude a complete contrast to Duosion's snarkiness.

"R-ready as I'll ever be." Jake replied.
"You bet I am! It's time to knock some Catalyst scum down a few pegs!" Sophie exclaimed.
With both trainers consent, Telpo grabbed onto the pair, before the three of them vanished in a flash of light.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #844
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Absol "A black and purple sky, bursts of shadowy light raining down upon all."

Albus listened, eyes wide with curiosity and wonder as Cassiopia talked about the many bizarre worlds she'd seen. "Amazing," the young Weedle murmured softly. "I never thought such things were even possible."

And neither, it seemed, did Tessa. She voiced the possibility that Cassiopia could have just dreamed up some of these worlds. "I'm not so sure about that," Hermione murmured thoughtfully. "Elgyem come from space- that much is known fact. And very little is known about other worlds out there- the universe is vast, possibly infinite, and holds equally infinite possibilities. Some of these worlds do sound bizarre, maybe even impossible, but one thing I've learned- nothing's truly impossible, not really."

Scorpius nodded at Cerno's words. "Well, thanks," he replied.

Shelley smiled, and let loose some puffs of White Smoke, which formed her usual smiley face in midair. "Ain't no problem," Vinny nodded.

"Glad you liked 'em!" Cotton chimed in. "It's my first time cooking them without Hermione's help- usually she's the boss in the kitchen, but today they're spending time together as a family."

Millicent led the way down the stairs- the staircase was situated at the south end of the house, corresponding with where the front door once was, prior to the addition of the Pokémon Center. Now, it led to a narrow corridor between floors that led back to the back of the house, so they could come out in the back of the Pokémon Center. They weren't far from the counter, and the Banette noticed them immediately. "Oh- Hi, Millicent, Willow, Telpo," smiled Helena. "What's up?" Millicent turned to Telpo- she figured he could explain the situation best, being part of Jake's team.

Luna smiled at Hayai, though the Zebstrika questioned why Freighya would want to be his friend considering what her first impression of him was like. Cyanide couldn't help but grin at this all-too-familiar scenario. "I asked her that very question myself once," chuckled Cyanide. "I didn't exactly make the best first impression on her, but she told me she's all about second chances, and that she could tell how good I really was underneath. Some kind of psychic intuition, like. She's gonna be an Espeon someday, and a damn good one, if that's anything to go by," she grinned.

"Oh, you mean how he got us information, and damaged one of the trackers, possibly beyond repair?" retorted Keith. "Like any of us would've known that Shadow Punching the inside of that thing would've set off an alarm."

"THANK you!" Peeves nodded.

Duosion then conceded that they did in fact need Peeves, so Keith turned to his doppelganger, holding out a Violet Cyber Ball. "Jack, return," he said, as the recall beam pulled the Ditto back into the ball's spherical confines. With that done, both Keith and Peeves grabbed onto Duosion, ready whenever he was.

NOTICE:

No new storylines may be started in this Secret Base from here onward. However, any currently ongoing storylines will be allowed, and encouraged, to continue until they each reach their respective conclusions. In the meantime, I will start up the final storyline in this Secret Base, which will lead to the closing of the Poisonous Paradise, and will also lead to the opening of my soon to be new Secret Base.

"Finally," cackled the Shadow Ledian. "The time has come! All knees will bow to Stewie! Hail Stewie! I win! I WIN!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!" he cackled diaboliacally.

The malevolent maniacal megalomaniac was beating his wings to hover in midair in his sinister secret lair. He had finished fine-tuning the equipment he kept in this secret underground room, and now, he knew, the time was finally right. He was strong enough. The machinery was ready- it was time for Stewie the Shadow Ledian to begin his bid for world domination.

"At long last... All of the hours toiling under the hat man's insipid training techniques have come to fruition," Stewie cackled as he began charging up sinister Shadow energy. "Now that I have all the Shadow moves I need at my disposal, now that my power has reached its absolute zenith... Victory is mine!!" He would have liked to have learned Shadow Storm by this point, but he still knew the moves that were absolutely key to his plans, so as far as he was concerned, that was sufficient. And with that declaration, Stewie unleashed the makings of a Shadow Sky right at the satellite dish in the corner. The device absorbed the energy and started to shake as it proceeded to do exactly what Stewie programmed it to do. Ominous shadowy energy spread out across all the walls, the ceiling, and the floor.

"What the-" Keith began as the Shadow energy spread to the aboveground floors of his Secret Base. "Wha- what is this?!"

"Shadow Sky," said the Pokédex. "A move exclusive to Shadow Pokémon. It changes the weather to rain bursts of light down upon the battlefield."

"Ugh... Stewie!" Keith yelled. He stormed into the hallway, eyes peeled for any sign of that Shadow Ledian. "What are you up to this time?"

By way of an answer, Stewie zoomed out of the hall closet, cackling maniacally. He zipped into the pool room and flew out an open window, looking back to admire his handiwork.

By this point, the entirety of Keith's Secret Base was shrouded in shadowy energy. The Shadow Ledian held a remote control in his hand- the device was all finished charging now, he could see. And so he pressed a big, dark purple button on the remote.

At once, the entire building shot a huge beam of shadowy energy straight up into the sky, the Shadow Sky move horribly amplified by Stewie's equipment, cleverly and diabolically built to incorporate the house's electrical wiring. Several Pikipek unfortunate enough to be flying overhead were vaporized by the intense blast. And soon, very soon, ominous black and purple clouds began to spread out from above the Secret Base. And they didn't stop spreading, either- as Keith stepped outside, his jaw dropped as he could see the evil clouds billowing farther and farther out in every direction. "Stewie!" Keith exclaimed. "What the hell are you doing?"

"SILENCE!" Stewie thundered. "I thank you for the role you've played in my training, but you have now outlived your usefulness, hat man!" The Shadow Ledian smirked. "Know that the only reason you shall remain among the living now is because my queen wishes it!"

Meowth had translated all of this for Keith, who looked incredulous. "His queen?" he repeated. "But- surely Ginny wouldn't-" He stopped at that moment, because as he could plainly see for himself, Ginny would, and Ginny was. The Pawniard, hovering by means of Magnet Rise, flew past Keith, pausing only to salute him with an apologetic look, and soared up to Stewie's side. "So... this is really happening, then?" she asked Stewie, sounding nervous and excited at the same time.

"Indeed," smirked Stewie, putting one of his four arms around Ginny (taking care to avoid the blades). "The stage is set. Soon, an unending Shadow Sky shall rain down upon the entire world- greater in intensity than any dinky Shadow Sky one might see in a little battle. The machinery amplifies the move's effectiveness and range. Ruin and destruction as far as the eye can see," Stewie cackled, his vicious red eyes gleaming with malevolence. "None but Shadow Pokémon will be spared, with but two exceptions- the first being my queen, of course," he said with a small smile. "And second- as per your wishes, the hat man shall of course be spared."

"How will he survive this, though?" Ginny asked, sounding worried about Keith as the clouds billowed out farther, growing larger and more ominous. A distant rumble of thunder could be heard. In response, Stewie pressed another button on his remote control, this one shaped like a cowboy hat.

"What the-" Keith exclaimed, for at that moment, his old Xtransceiver flew up and out of his backpack. Ever since acquiring his Z-Ring, he had switched to a PokéGear, moved all his old contacts over to the Johtonian device. Unknown to him, as part of his plan, Stewie swiped and rewired the Xtransceiver. This became apparent to Keith at that moment, for the device sprayed an odd blue liquid all over him.

"That makes him immune to Shadow Sky's effect," Stewie explained to Ginny, splashing a vial of the same substance on the Pawniard as well. "I swiped it from the lab in Darkshade Town and altered it myself- the coming forecast is far more powerful than any Shadow Sky anyone's ever seen before, and whatever countless flaws I possess, I would not break a promise I made to my queen," he grinned.

Keith was speechless, though not for long. "Luna?!" he exclaimed, upon spotting his Swoobat flying out of the Secret Base. In great haste, many of Keith's other Pokémon followed as well. Andromeda was carrying Tinnitus and Aster by using Psychic, while Hedwig had a thrashing, confused Cyanide clutched in her tiny feet as she flew outside. Keith watched as his entire team evacuated the Secret Base. "Guys, what- we should get back inside, if anything-" he began.

Not if there's anything to the vision I just had, Luna interrupted telepathically. Withdraw us all. And please, hurry!

Knowing better than to doubt Luna, Keith took out a bunch of various kinds of Poké Balls and held them out. "Everyone return now!" he exclaimed, as the dozens of recall beams found their respective targets. He even withdrew Meowth. Then he turned to Stewie and Ginny, and clutched a Shadow Ball in one hand, and a Red Cyber Ball in the other. "Stewie, Ginny, return now!" he exclaimed.

"I think not!" Stewie exclaimed defiantly. Another burst of shadowy aura erupted from Stewie, but this one surrounded himself and Ginny, and blocked the recall beams.

"What the-" began Keith, before he realized exactly what the- Stewie had used Shadow Hold on both himself and on Ginny. It was brilliant, Keith realized- Stewie wouldn't be restricted in terms of movement, since he'd only go where the Shadow Hold went, which would go wherever he himself went. And it would still protect him from his Shadow Ball! He looked on as Stewie flew off, laughing maniacally, Ginny by his side.

And then the sky opened up. Bright flashes of light started to rain down. Big, bright flashes. Each one left a small crater in the ground where it struck. Keith wheeled around to look at his Secret Base, just in time to see a huge flash of shadowy light hit the roof. The deck wobbled violently. Clutching his backpack tightly, Keith ran down the ramp, just as the entire base collapsed.

"No..." Keith gasped- he was now homeless. Even the petrified tree on which he built his home was cracked and damaged by the Shadow Sky, allowing one to look right down into Stewie's lair. And then, Keith looked up, and saw another burst of shadowy light headed right for him! But before he could react, it dissipated before hitting him. "So... that stuff Stewie sprayed me with- it protects from Shadow Sky," Keith murmured. "The roof sure could've done with a coat of that," he mused. "Jeez..." He shook his head, surveying the damage. He was immensely thankful Luna had evacuated everyone. Hastily, he checked his backpack, and found that someone (Luna, most likely) had already packed it with much of the items Keith felt were irreplaceable. Namely, the stuffed Stunfisk corpse, as well as his precious Chespin doll, his copy of Kanto Myths and Legends, the Skarmory feather sword Ginny and Heatstroke got him for his birthday, and what appeared to be every notebook Hermione had ever written in. In addition, all of Keith's usual supplies were stashed in the backpack, ensuring their safety as well. Man, were Trainer-grade backpacks roomy or what?

What could Keith do at this point? Only one thing- he took off running after Stewie. He was soon able to outrun the Shadow Sky- that remote Stewie had, Keith figured that would be the key to stopping that infernal machine. Keith recognized the direction he was chasing Stewie in immediately- the Shadow Ledian was headed towards Salt Wave Coast, which was where he docked the Banette's Revenge.

Sure enough, it wasn't long before Keith arrived at his beloved boat, though not before navigating around fallen trees and destroyed rocks- Stewie had been firing Shadow attacks left and right, it seemed, destroying huge chunks of the forest near this coast. He could still see Stewie and Ginny, now flying out to sea. Keith gritted his teeth- going out to sea was clearly his only option. Thankfully, the Shadow Sky hadn't yet reached here yet, but when it did, it wouldn't be pretty.

Keith turned around- the clouds were already within sight! Wasting no time, Keith threw a number of Poké Balls. "James! Pomona! Helena!" he exclaimed, sending out his Vileplume, his Ivysaur, and one of his Banette.

Helena gasped as she saw the clouds. "Is that... Shadow Sky?" she asked.

Keith nodded. "On steroids," he responded. "Long story short, Stewie's gone crazier than usual. The house is completely destroyed- we gotta act fast or the whole world's next! All of you, use Sunny Day!"

As one, the trio of Pokémon fired beams of concentrated solar energy into the oncoming clouds. This, however, didn't seem to do much of anything. "It's not working!" Helena exclaimed.

"Oh, yes it is," Keith stated determinedly. "We just need to put more into it!" And he threw a Premier Ball. "Help 'em out, Sunny!" he exclaimed.

In a flash of light, Keith's Vulpix materialized. "Vulpix~" she exclaimed in her usual cheerful tone. At her very presence, the Shadow Sky seemed to diminish somewhat. It didn't stop altogether, but the multiple Sunny Day attacks, combined with Sunny's Drought, were lessening the intensity of the nefarious weather condition. Now the shadowy bursts of light were not destroying or vaporizing anything on contact. "I think... it's working!" Helena panted, tired from the effort already. "They're... the attack is..."

"It's weakening," Keith nodded. "That'll have to do, you all look tired- return!" He withdrew all of them, and using his Pokédex, swapped half his team out for different Pokémon from his PC. Then he headed for his ship- the Shadow Sky was no longer the world-endangering problem it started out as, but Stewie was still out there, and he needed to get out there, find Stewie, and save the world. But he couldn't do it alone- and so, he took out his PokéGear and sent out a text to basically his entire contacts list; "Stewie putting plan into action to take over world. Need help to stop him. Please meet me at Salt Wave Coast ASAP."

Before long, the Banette's Revenge was ready to get underway. Stewie was headed out of sight, but thankfully, he was leaving a trail of sinister shadowy energy in his wake as he flew- a trail Keith could follow, once some help arrived.

This is the final storyline of the Poisonous Paradise. As of right now, consider the following rules to be in effect, overriding the base's usual rules for this particular storyline;

1: Anyone who wants in on this storyline, feel free to RP your character arriving at Salt Wave Coast.

2: Please do not start any new storylines in this thread. Any already-ongoing storylines, however, by all means, feel free to continue them. I very much would like them all to continue on to their respective natural conclusions.

3: As this is no longer taking place in the Secret Base (or what's left of it), this is not an exception to the six Pokémon rule anymore. Bear that in mind when deciding what Pokémon to bring. This does not apply to the ongoing storylines that started prior to this- only to this storyline.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 05-24-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #845
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

(OoC:gunna try to wrap things up as we start the last storyline)
Cassieopia nods "The weedle is right."
Cerno nods then sees his trainer waving to him "Exscuse me."
Kawaii orders her whimsicott to go notify the others they will be leaving soon. He follows her orders, telling Cassieopia first.
Frieghya blushes even harder at Cyanide's words. "Its true, everyone disserves a second chance."
--------LAST BASE STORYLINE---------
Kawaii knew there was trouble beforeKieth texted her. The sky had gone purple and light rained down from the sky. She made her way as fast as she could toward salt wave coast. Frieghya by her side and her 4 strongest pokemon in her poket, plus one newcommer. She had only one guess as to who made this mess, Stewie.
The newcomer was a Ponyta by the name of Amatsaru, and was already making herself useful. Kawaii was riding the Ponyta as she expertly dodged the rain of light. The fire horse- pokemon ran insanely fast and beat out any other forms of travel by a long shot. The pinkette just hoped she would make it in time.

Hater of loss meme

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 05-24-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #846
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

A Mystic Arrives to Curb the End of Paradise?!

The unnatural weather was approaching the ship at an almost leisurely pace, but something was headed in that direction at a quicker one. Or perhaps it was slower? In any case, none would've been able to take in the sudden opening of a portal to the Spirit World so near to the Banette's Revenge without even the slightest bit of panic. Slowly, meticulously, a dusknoir drug it's way out of the hole between realms, closed it behind him so the no rogue specters broke free from their prison, and upchucked his load. A humanoid form flew out of the guardian's abdominal mouth and rolled across the ground like some sort of demented ragdoll, finally ending it's trip face-up.

"Yeesh, that was a lot tighter than I remember..." Dichromatia Schmeltzer muttered as she weakly began to pick herself up. "Um, can I have my hat back, please?" The dusknoir coughed up the pointed garment with some hesitation. "Ahem! Thanks for the help, Spogelse. You are dismissed. Oh, and be sure to let Father know that I'm doing mostly okay when you see him, please!" The Gripper Pokemon gave an apathetic nod and left the scene in much the same manner as he entered it.

Chroma shakily stood up, put on her hat, and looked around to find Keith. "Alright, Master Masters, Dichromatia Schmeltzer has arrived, both to help an acquaintance and to..." she paused for a second, as if she found it hard to continue. "...atone, I suppose. Sorry about the unorthodox entrance there, but that was the fastest method to getting here I had available. So, what exactly is going on here?" She had the look of someone trying to hype themselves for something, but couldn't shake a sense of dread. Given what she apparently had just been through, perhaps that wasn't very surprising in the slightest...

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #847
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It was a relatively calm day at the Sundered Blade, as Alex read up on some articles online relating to Alolan pokemon and their culture. It wasn't anything special, just a gentle day with the sun diving behind the clouds every now and then. Above, on the top floor, sealed from others, three figures could be found, looking at a map of the region. One of the three, his Shadow Zangoose Totsuka, was uncharacteristically agitated for some reason, which was why her Honchkrow companion and Lunatone acquaintance-of-enough-respect brought her there.

"What caw-d be bothering you, then? Such behaviour is most...unsettling, to say." the avian crooned, as the cat ferret twitched, usually docile and lazy.

"Somethin' in the air ain't right...ya feel it...arrrrgh..." she hissed, scratching at the rock floor. "Moon cheese, surely ya know too?"

'Hmmmm...' the pumpkin tinted meteorite mused, before staring at the map and focusing, closing the eyes to try and feel what was off...before the eyes sprung open wide, a sense of impending doom hovering over Nuhuko as he trembled. Turning to the pair, he delivered what he discovered.

The trio immediately teleported to Alex just as he received a message from someone.

"Keith, huh? Anyone here know who this Stewie kid is and why the resident poison master's needing help?" he barked to the room, to be met with a chorus of shrugs, though Lapis the Dusknoir raised a finger.

'I think that Stewie's one of his pokemon. If my check of the records is correct, a Ledian tainted by the shadow phenomenom."

'She speaks the truth, Alex. We need to go. Now.'

"Wh-what's wrong?" he asked, rising from his seat to address the three pokemon who suddenly arrived.

'The weather's got bad. Real bad. Shadow sky, and spreading fast. Monitoring of Keith's base has gone stone dead. It's also bo-'

"I've heard enough. Nuhuko, you stay here and keep me updated through my gear on any movement. I'm heeding the call, and if it's as bad as things seem..." he trailed, reaching for a drawer filled with candies, "then we're going to need a proper squad, worthy of the title of Demonbreaker, won't we? Tantalia! Napier! Totsuka! Fragarath! Golestandt! And...Caritas."

Beckoning the group forth, he grabbed each and every single candy from the drawer and turned to the group, the Golurk standing aside at a motion, taking out a number of discs and other occult objects.

"We're going to war."

---

Sat in one hand of the almost fourteen feet tall golem, Alex flew to the meeting spot of Salt Wave Coast, having made the necessary preparations for the six he felt would be best suited for the fight ahead. As he swooped around, he could see a faint ominous purple, which was surely the encroaching storm, and figures down on the shores next to a familiar wooden ship. This time, he would not fail. He earned his title of Demonbreaker in the past for bringing some of the nastiest, most diabolical beings to their knees, and this was no exception.

OOC: So those 83 candies? I'm using them all on the following things.

-25 go to my level 25 Conkeldurr, Tantalia, bringing her to level 50. (58 left)
-20 go to my level 32 Horsea, Napier, bringing him to level 52, and evolving him to Seadra. (38 left)
-30 go to my level 12 Alolan Geodude, Caritas, bringing her to level 42, and evolving her to Graveler. (8 left)
-8 go to my level 29 Honchkrow, Fragarth, bringing him to level 37.

I'm going to shove my Energy Ball and Water Pulse TMs down my Golurk's energy consumption unit, my Psyshock TM down my Honchkrow's throat, the Very Hot Cross Bun down my Conkeldurr's throat for Crossfire, and my Black Persian Plushie down my Alolan Graveler's throat for Shadow Claw. Let's break some murderbugs.

Last edited by Raves; 06-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #848
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
"Hurry Wendy!" Hyrem ordered, his arms tightly around his Salamence's neck with Sera behind him holding onto his chest. "If Stewie is as strong as Keith says, we gotta stop him now!"

After getting an urgent message from Keith about his Shadow Ledian, Sera felt the strong urge to go out and stop him, but it was Daphne who was persistent about accompanying them, something about this being her...destiny? She'd been acting pretty aloof lately; in fact, ever since she evolved, she had taken on a completely different persona. She had been pulling far fewer pranks, put much less attention toward Amethyst (to her relief), and for the most part she was nowhere to be seen. So, for her to be asking this of Hyrem so suddenly, there had to be a very good reason, he figured. Besides, she would be one of the three Pokemon Hyrem brought with him that could use a weather-altering attack like Sunny Day, the other two being Delilah and Zatch who could both use Rain Dance. The last Pokemon he would bring...well that would be a bit of a gamble on his part, only time would tell whether it would be a rousing success or a cacophonous disaster.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:55 AM   #849
EpicSquirtle

Hermione explained that Elgyem came from space, and with the universe being so vast, nothing was truly impossible.

"O-oh...I umm...guess you're right." Tessa replied weakly. "When you put it like that..well I feel kind of stupid."
----
Millicent led Telpo down the stairs and through a narrow corridor, before arriving on the first floor. There, Helena quickly noticed the group. She greeted them before asking what was up, prompting Millicent to turn and face Telpo.

"Yes, well...we kind of need your help." Telpo replied, before starting the story about his trainer all over again. From when he had noticed the change, to how his trainer's new attitude had affected the team, Telpo made sure not to leave any details out.
"This is where you come in, Millicent and I were thinking maybe you could talk to Jake." Telpo explained, once the story was finished. "Maybe you can figure out what's bothering him? I don't know at this point...but I think it's worth a shot at least."
----
Upon Hayai's question, Cyanide explained that she had asked Frieghya the same question once.
The Umbreon continued, saying that Frieghya was all about second chances and that she had sensed that Cyanide was good underneath, like a psychic intuition. Frieghya then nodded, confirming her stance on second chances.
"I don't think you need a psychic intuition to see that though." Pom smiled. "I mean..I certainly didn't."

"Second chances...I do like the sound of that." Hayai murmured. "As for your psychic intuition...if it's even a bit as good as Cyanide says, I-I think you'll make a great Espeon."

----
In a flash of light, Duosion, Peeves, and Keith vanished from the room, before reappearing in front of Hagane Labs. Though it had been a site of panic only a few minutes ago, from outside everything seemed calm.

"Alright there you go. The greatest, most amazing Dusknoir to ever grace this earth has arrived at his destination." Dusion said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
"Oh, and don't come crying to me if Peeves sets off the alarm again, I warned you." Dusion added.

Having just noticed them, Telpo, Sophie and Jake made their way over to the rest of the group.

"Alright, so you needed to find an alleyway to set up your trap right? In that case....hmm...how about that one?" Sophie asked, pointing to the east of Hagane Labs.
There, two large buildings could be seen, in between them was a narrow walkway. Though it seemed to be cluttered with all sorts of garbage, it was just what the group was looking for!

"I guess it'll work. I mean, we don't really need to get picky, do we?" Telpo questioned.
"I-I don't think so." Jake murmured.
"Perfect, then you guys get going. I need all of you to be gone in order for me to lure them out." Sophie explained. "If even one of you is around it won't work."

"Alright, this way then." Telpo chimed, ready to guide the group whenever they were ready.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #850
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
"Are we there yet Giuseppe?!"

~Not yet, just keep hanging there!~

The request for help had come on such short notice. Connor had been busy in nacquiring some inspiration for his next photo when the sky had turned dark on them. Not long after, he had received a call for help from Keith, an old friend of his, and in an instant, the photographer rushed off to Salt Wave Coast, bringing Giuseppe, his Tropius, along and some of his strongest Pokemon around. Now, as Connor rides on his Tropius' back, the two make their way towards the specified destination.

"This weather, it's unnatrual. I just hope Zerase isn't involved in any of this..."
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases