UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 06-18-2017, 06:22 AM   #51
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Auras for achievements? I'm actually okay with that. It also makes sense from a roleplay perspective, as seeing something with an aura lets you know that thing is a Certified Badass.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:40 AM   #52
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I also like that idea, maybe have them boost a stat like the totem aura's? That could work for maxing contest stats. Attack-Cool, Defense-Tough, Special Attack-Beauty, Special Defense-Smart, Speed-Cute. Giving different auras different effects would be really cool, obviously you could take it outside of stat boosts, things like increased intimidation for Pokemon that reach lvl 100 for example.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #53
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I also like the idea about boosting corresponding stats when one gets an aura for the contest stat, TKF!

It would add more incentive to boosting contest stats.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #54
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
An interesting idea I had about auras is that they could be used as a reward upon completion of a particular achievement, like, awarding an aura of power upon reaching Lv.100, or awarding an aura of beauty upon maxing a beauty stat, or some other kind of aura for having a mayor role in some world-altering event. There's quite a broad range of possibilities. The idea behind an aura is that it details the kind of presence a Pokémon has before others, and thus influences how other people and Pokémon react before them. And it's not like a 'mon is restricted to just one; you could layer them on top of another. I'd gather one who has managed to earn them all would truly feel like an über example of its species. It doesn't need to be something intrusive either. A Pokémon could be said to only actively exude its aura while in combat or something.

Anyways, I personally like the thought of having something in the Boutique one can work for instead of just outright pay for. Thoughts?
I could get on board with this idea.

I remember in the past, Tyoyo had a thread in the TO called The Hub where achievements were documented. At the time, its only purpose was as a leaderboard of sorts - a fun little aside where people could document their achievements and earn points. I don't know if we want the Boutique to have an additional function of documenting achievements in order to earn auras, but this is a possibility.

If we want to do this, we may want to put auras on hold (with shiny/deevolution sprays) to further develop the achievement idea, so that we can put the Boutique in business while further exploring these possibilities.

>4 sprites every 30 days

If this is a limit you're comfortable with, Okiku, then I'm fine with it as well.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #55
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Balmund's idea is an interesting one. I like the idea of auras coming with certain achievements. I can definitely get on board with that. And I love the idea of Contest stat-based auras boosting the Pokémon's stats. Gives an incentive to boost Contest stats regardless of one's interest (or lack thereof) in Contests.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #56
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Ok I'm back, sorry for a bit of a silence, irl work finally decided to kick in and of course I ended up having a busy week-end too ^^;

>Furfrou normal/wild Trim being considered as a paid trim or not

Weeeeeell I dunno now, because I got here one for being free and another being wanting it to be a payed one (to replace another trim) ^^; I'm personally very torn about it. On one side, I want them to be free because it'll be slightly closer to the games as you can go back to the natural trim easily just by putting Furfrou into battle or wait a few days and boom, natural trim. (Plus, I believe the NPCs that gives the Furfrou trims cannot revert them to the natural one.) But on another, since the Boutique's trims are "special" by being permanent, RP-wise it might be more logical that a Furfrou needs to be taken care of to untangle/undo their permanent 'do, so it would need to pay. To be honest, I don't mind it either way, as both makes sense ^^; So what do you say guys?

>Balmund's idea for aura

You know what? I love the idea too; I feel it makes more sense to give auras that way. I'm not sure about the "giving bonuses" part though, but I'm down from seeing those auras to those who have reached an achievement. However, if it's going to be related to a whole big system, then I'm on the side of Marion with that one, as I believe it would be best to put something like that away from the Boutique... but in the meantime, we should put the auras in the same bucket as the devolution and shiny sprays and talk about it for later!

>Limited sprites per time

Well I would think that's a fair limit (recoloring is simple to do anyways), but I could always make it as a "test run" and if I see that it's still too much, I'll restrict it a bit more (although perhaps only temporarily as I'm sure the Boutique will be suuuuuuuuuuper busy the moment it opens, but after that things will calm down quite a bit XP)

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:49 PM   #57
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I wouldn't mind auras being achievement based, especially if one of them is an incentive to max level your Pokemon. I'm still on the fence about whether or not they should give actual benefits, though if you're earning the auras in the first place it might be nice if they did.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #58
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hey guys, guess what?

Quote:
Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique

In a suburb town near Fizzytopolis, in a busy shopping district, lies a gargantuan yet quaint-looking shop. Its design is definitely taken from Kalosian architecture, complete with the stylish light pink wooden sign hanging on the wall with "Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique" carved in, and the white and blue-striped awnings shading over the front. As you pull open the door, it hits the cute bell hanging from the ceiling, announcing your arrival over the sound of the soft, smooth jazz music playing through the facility's speakers. When you walk inside, the boutique's impressive capacity is more understood, as it is adapted to welcome Pokémon of any size so they can freely shop through the aisles of clothing, dyes, changing rooms, trimming stations and other specialized departments.

“Bonjour!” a young woman greets you with a warm smile while subtly sliding her 3DS behind her counter. “Bienvenue to Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique, where uniqueness and style truly shines! whether it is through accessories, dyes, or some other little je-ne-sais-quoi, we guarantee to transform your Pokémon just as one-of-a-kind on the outside than they already are on the inside! We also offer special services, including, item customization to fit them with your own personal touch, and spriting to capture your Pokémon's or your items' new look!

“Oh 'scuse-moi,” she chuckled to herself softly while offering her hand to shake, “I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Mélina Loiseau, owner of this boutique! Now, where shall we begin our tour?”

Pokémon-Related Services

Recoloring

We are the only place in the world that is able to offer this, so it's no surprise it is our most popular service! And no worries, we guarantee that our dyes are 100% natural and harmless to Pokémon and the environment!

Here, you are able to change your Pokémon's typical coloring in any way you like! From a complete makeover to subtle adjustments (also known as tints), anything is fair game. And best of all, it is absolutely free!

All that said though, there is still rules to follow and quirks written in the fine print:
  • Recolored Pokémon that looks too similar to their shiny form are not allowed, therefore any request to apply such a recoloring will be denied.
    • As colors and whatnot can be subjective, the decision of denying or accepting a recolor in terms of the shiny coloring can be reversed, if the original judgment/decision has been proven incorrect.
  • Although you can recolor a Pokémon as many times as you want, you have to remove the old recolor first before being able to put a new one.
    • To remove a recolor, you have to purchase and use a Natural Spray (See information on the Natural Spray below for details.)
    • Note that when a recolored Pokémon is given for adoption, it also loses its recolor. As Pokémon without their natural colors are difficult to be adopted, we have the pleasure to help the Adoption Center by sending them constant donations of Natural Sprays!

Special Characteristics Registration

Recoloring sure is something, but sometimes your Pokémon are unique in a more subtle or unusual way. As yet another of our free services, we can officially keep on record some special physical aspects your partners may have!

Some aspects of Pokémon can different from the usual: birthmarks, scars, physical deformities and handicaps, and alternative height and size... all should be registered here!

General Special Characteristic Rules:
(Applies to all Special Characteristics)
  • All special characteristics requires a justification/origin related to it. No need of an essay – just a short summary will do!
  • You can put as many characteristics as you want at any time (ex.: Add one scar then add a different one later), as long as it does not overwrite an already registered characteristic (ex.: After setting an altered height/size, you cannot set a new one after.)
    • If you want to replace a characteristic, you need to use a Natural Spray to remove the old one before adding the new one.
  • Special characteristics must not give any advantage over a Pokémon who doesn't have any special characteristics.

Available Special Characteristics and related rules:
Birthmarks ($0): Includes freckles, spots, and stripes.

Scars ($0): Includes scratches, burns and spots.

Physical deformities and handicaps ($0): Anything goes, as long as the deformity/handicap:
  1. exists naturally in the real world;
  2. is not exaggerated or extremely exceptional; and
  3. does not cause physical pain to the Pokémon. We're a boutique, not a Pokémon Center!

Altered size (variable price):
Changing the size (height/weight) of the Pokémon compared to the average size stated in the Pokédex. The price varies depending on how far the change is from the average size:
  • A change between (inclusively) half (0.5x) and one and a half (1.5x) the average size is free.
  • A fee of 100 Pokédollars must be paid for every half (÷2) of the minimum free size or every 0.5 of the normal size added to the maximum limit.

Example: A Pikachu's average size is 0.4 m (1'04").
  • For free, a Pikachu can be resized down to half the average size, 0.2m (08"), or up to 1.5 times the average size, that is 0.6 m (2').
  • For $100, a Pikachu can be resized down to a quarter of the average size, 0.1m (04"), or up to 2 times the average size, 0.8 m (2'08").
  • For $200, a Pikachu can be resized down to an eighth of the average size, 0.05m (02"), or up to 2.5 times the average size, 1.0 m (3'04").

Note: If a paid resizing is judged to be too exaggerated or unbelievable for the Pokémon's species, the resize request can be denied (and you shall not be charged.) If the decision of the acceptance or denial of the resizing is later deemed unfair or incorrect, it can be reversed.

Furfrou Hair Trimming

The Poodle Pokémon's hair is so thick and fluffy. It's no wonder it is the number 1 Pokémon for fashionistas, celebrities, and even royalty!

Own a Furfrou and tired of its natural fur coat? For $100, we can fix that by trimming its fur into one of the magnificent styles that are all the rage! Best of all, our groomers are so talented, their trims can withstand the test of time – it stays there permanently!

Here's the available trims:
Dandy
Debutante
Diamond
Heart
Kabuki
La Reine
Matron
Pharaoh
Star
Want your pooch to have its casual, natural coat back? No problem! For $50, we can undo its special trim.

Natural Spray

Tired of the recolor your Pokémon got a while ago? Your Pokémon's emotional scars have healed and wants its physical scars to heal along with them? Or perhaps you received a coveted Pokémon but came out of the trading machine... not quite in the way you expected to have it? Why should we be forced of keeping a certain style, when we have the technology to change it?

For just $100, you can purchase and use our Natural Spray, which removes any (of your choice) or all recoloring and special characteristics on a single Pokémon, in which you can then replace the removed modifications with new ones afterwards.

Just make sure you use it here so we can take note of your Pokémon's changes. (We also want to make sure you use the Natural Spray correctly, so you don't hurt your Pokémon by accident!)

Item-Related Services

Non-Official Accessories

I know Pokémon doesn't really need to be dressed or anything, but you they look great with clothing and accessories – just ask my Cosplay Pikachu! We pride ourselves to have the widest choice of all the region – from signature pieces of top brands to the unique designs from a local Sewaddle tailor – we have everything you want... or didn't even know you wanted! And if somehow we actually don't have it, we'll order it for you!

If you want to dress up your Pokémon just for fun, this is the right place! Pretty much any piece of clothing or accessory of any design of your choice can be purchased:
  • Headgear (Hats, Helmets, Headbands, Bandanas, Ribbons, Wigs, etc)
  • Trousers
  • Shorts
  • Dresses
  • Robes
  • Shirts
  • Skirts
  • Coats (Coats, Jackets, Vests, etc)
  • Footwear (Socks, Shoes, Flippers, etc)
  • Scarves
  • Capes
  • Pipes
  • Gloves
  • Eye Wear (Glasses, Eye Patches, Snorkels, Goggles, Monocles, etc)
  • Belts
  • Plastic Weapons (Swords, Guns, Bow & Arrow, etc)
  • Jewellery
  • Badges
  • Toys (Balloons, Tricycles, Marbles, Kites, etc - No Dolls or Plushies)

Let your imagination and inner fashion designer go wild!
  • Non-official accessories are $10 apiece.
  • All non-official accessories can be made in any way (color, design) you wish!
  • All non-official accessories cannot be used as an advantage in adventures, battles or contests; they should be for decorative purposes only.

Official Contest Accessories

Due to the Contests being closed, we currently aren't selling any official contest accessories. When Contests will be reopened though, we'll make sure to stock up and have official contest accessories for sale!

Custom-Designed Pokédex

Ah, the good ol' Pokédex: The passport of every Pokémon Trainer in the world. In the past, the only differences between different Pokédex were the model depending on the region you're from and, on rare occasions, a different color depending on your gender. But we're able to change all that!

For absolutely free, we can transfer the data of your current Pokédex into a brand new, basic red Pokédex from any region of your choice!

We can also custom design your Pokédex, for a small fee of $10. Just say what color/design you want, and we'll take care of the rest!

Custom-Designed Mega and Z Accessories

Obviously, most trainers want their Pokémon to be the very best like no Pokémon ever was, and items that triggers Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are ways to go. They need to be easily and quickly accessible by both trainers and Pokémon. What better way to do so by turning them into a wonderful and fashionable accessories?

For $50, we can set a Key Stone or Mega Stone to any kind of accessory, or modify your Z-Ring into a completely different Z-accessory!

Spriting: General Rules

Whether you recolor or accessorize your Pokémon, we can commemorate their new look with a free portrait of them! What's the use of changing your appearance when you can't show it off?

When changing a Pokémon's appearance, buying a non-official accessory or customizing an item, we could make a small sprite of them, just for you! However, due to the unusual nature and work needed of this service, special rules are applied:
  • A member can only receive 4 sprites every 30 days.
  • By default, if you haven't reached the above limit, you shall receive a sprite whenever possible/applicable to your request(s). If you do not wish to have a sprite for whatever reason, please let it be known! (Your request/purchase will simply and only be confirmed.)
  • Due to various reasons (time constraints, changes not visible on sprites, sprite too complex, etc) it is possible a sprite will not be provided. Whenever it is the case, you will be notified as such in your confirmation.
    • After such “no sprite” notification, feel free to ask someone else to do the spriting!
  • Due to time restraints, creating and giving the sprite may be delayed. Again, if it's the case, we will tell you in your confirmation, and we will let you know (via PM/VM/Discord/Skype/whatever) when those sprites will be made and edited in the confirmation post!
    • Please, do not request someone else do the sprite when its creation is delayed.

FAQ

I want a custom accessory that holds both my Key Stone and my Z-Crystals! What shall I do?
Well, since the Z-Ring in the games already can hold both Z-Crystals and a Key Stone, just buy a modification of your Z-Ring for $50, and you're good to go!

I changed my mind, I want two different accessories; one for holding my Key Stone and another to hold my Z-Crystals. What now?
Simply buy a Key Stone accessory and a custom Z-Ring for a total of $100.

Last edited by OkikuMew; 07-03-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #59
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Looks good!

Question, though- not only am I gonna want a second Pokédex for my new Trainer character, separate from Keith Masters's Pokédex, I am also gonna want it to either be or greatly resemble a P*DA from Colosseum. Would this be allowed? Obviously I'm guessing recoloring a Pokédex to resemble a P*DA wouldn't be a problem (I actually have such a sprite ready to go, in fact), my concern has more to do with whether having it be officially called a P*DA would be allowed, as well as the notion of getting a second Pokédex in the first place for a second Trainer character.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #60
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Are height and weight changes done independently?

Old 07-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #61
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Looks good!

Question, though- not only am I gonna want a second Pokédex for my new Trainer character, separate from Keith Masters's Pokédex, I am also gonna want it to either be or greatly resemble a P*DA from Colosseum. Would this be allowed? Obviously I'm guessing recoloring a Pokédex to resemble a P*DA wouldn't be a problem (I actually have such a sprite ready to go, in fact), my concern has more to do with whether having it be officially called a P*DA would be allowed, as well as the notion of getting a second Pokédex in the first place for a second Trainer character.
Well... to be completely honest, I believe that's more something to discuss in terms of wanting to make a second, separate character. I would've said yes if that character was a Pokémon (since both Pokémon accessories and custom Pokédex are $10, why not?) but in terms of technically have the same person/member own a second Pokédex for a second human character, and on top of that being a Pokédex from a spinoff... I have no absolutely no idea. It would be something that we can talk about.

Personally, I wouldn't mind at all buying a second Pokédex for 10$. As for the Colosseum P*DA... I WOULD say yes, but only if it's ok in terms on what we want as a "core" idea to FB in terms of "what game should we base ourselves on". If we don't mind spinoffs, then it's a go. (Obviously though, just recoloring a Pokédex from the core games works too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Are height and weight changes done independently?
I believe that when height changes so does the weight, and vice-versa. In other words, changing the size means all proportions of a Pokémon changes, including height, width, weight and whatnot. (Note that as per the rule of "not giving an advantage", the change of weight does not affect weight-related moves and abilities; they'll be considered as their species' normal weight.)

If we want it to be able to change them independently... we could talk about it? I personally not too keen about it as it doesn't make sense to, say, making a Wailord light as a feather hahaha.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #62
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Like the reason I ask as their are Pokemon that I wouldn't mind increasing weight for more realism and other reasons, and some I wouldn't mind making a little taller or smaller but dont think they need to gain or lose weight. I think making them independantly selectable when you purchase would make sense, so then it could just be denied if it is deemed ridiculous. Like it also allows for you to increase weight by say 1.2x but then increase height by 1.5x.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:01 PM   #63
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Like the reason I ask as their are Pokemon that I wouldn't mind increasing weight for more realism and other reasons, and some I wouldn't mind making a little taller or smaller but dont think they need to gain or lose weight. I think making them independantly selectable when you purchase would make sense, so then it could just be denied if it is deemed ridiculous. Like it also allows for you to increase weight by say 1.2x but then increase height by 1.5x.
Hmmmmmmm, I see what you mean...

I guess that you're right, that I could just lean on the "denied if ridiculous" rule and be able to modify both independently.

That said, if that's what everyone agrees on (since we're only the two of us talking here, I would like a 3rd-4th opinion ^^;), how do you think it'll be fair to work on the price side? Say, someone is modifying both height and weight at the same time and over the 1.5x free limit (and under x2). Would it be fair to say that it'll cost $200, since it's going over the limit twice? (And that way, if someone goes over the limit of only the height and not modify the weight, they'll pay only $100.)

Old 07-03-2017, 10:17 PM   #64
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Or just make the prices independant as well. So at the moment you had them together with prices at $100 and $200. If you make them........

For $50 for up to 2x the average height or weight
For $100 for up to 2.5x the average height or weight

That way it still works out the same if someone wants to double both the height and weight of their Pokemon, but allows for you to cross over. Say I wanted to increase my height by 1.5x (free) and weight by 2.5x ($100) it would cost me $100. If I wanted to increase height by 2.5x ($100) and weight by 2x ($50) it would cost me $150.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #65
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Just a head's up, the post mentions visible auras without going into any further detail regarding them. Not sure how you want to handle that, though.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #66
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Well we're on the same track here, kinda XP Only difference is that you reduced the "going over the limit" fee to $50, which I see where you're going!

I found find it ok, but again, I would feel much more comfortable if I hear from others (especially mods!) of what they think :3

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Just a head's up, the post mentions visible auras without going into any further detail regarding them. Not sure how you want to handle that, though.
WHOOOOOOOPS That is my mistake, I had removed the big part of the auras, but seems I left bits and pieces of it elsewhere ^^; I'll fix that! Thanks for catching that

Old 07-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Well... to be completely honest, I believe that's more something to discuss in terms of wanting to make a second, separate character. I would've said yes if that character was a Pokémon (since both Pokémon accessories and custom Pokédex are $10, why not?) but in terms of technically have the same person/member own a second Pokédex for a second human character, and on top of that being a Pokédex from a spinoff... I have no absolutely no idea. It would be something that we can talk about.

Personally, I wouldn't mind at all buying a second Pokédex for 10$. As for the Colosseum P*DA... I WOULD say yes, but only if it's ok in terms on what we want as a "core" idea to FB in terms of "what game should we base ourselves on". If we don't mind spinoffs, then it's a go. (Obviously though, just recoloring a Pokédex from the core games works too.)
My thinking is that concepts from Colosseum/XD (especially something as minor as the P*DA, considering it's essentially just a Pokédex that can receive emails) wouldn't be a problem, considering we already have Shadow Pokémon, MT moves from XD are now allowed, one of my adventures features Miror B., Trudly, and Folly, and the discussion on new Poké Balls for the other villainous teams includes the possibility of a Snagem Ball and Cipher Ball.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #68
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Ok so I have heard some opinions over Discord for both the sizing thing and the Pokédex thing, but not much here, to be honest ^^; So what I'll do is to list out the opinions I heard, and would like to hear more/get approvals/etc because I know people can't wait for the Boutique to finally open!

Sizing:
  • Rules currently as written shouldn't be changed; aka when changing the height, the weight should also change proportionally, and vice-versa; price stays at 100$/"level" over the limit. Main points are that weight is the closest thing we got in terms of width of a Pokémon, and we don't want disproportionate them (Don't want any that looks like they have an eating disorder or something ^^; )
  • Height and weight should be able to change independently; price should be 50$/level for each. Main points is that height and weight given by GF are already not realistic, so being able to change them in any way will give us the possibility to rectify that. Anyways, as per the rules, all special characteristics needs justification, and at the very worse if the change is too ridiculous I can deny the change.

Spinoff Pokédex:
  • Spinnoff Pokédexes are ok, as long as they work within the realm of core games' Pokédexes/capacities are broken. We already have Shadow Pokémon and MT Moves from the spinoffs are now allowed anyways, so why not the cosmetic of the Pokédex?
  • ...To be honest I haven't heard a counter-opinion yet ^^; Only thing I can think of that could be one would be that FB, although accepts a few things from spinoffs, should try at most to stick to the core games as much as possible.

Owning more than 1 Pokédex: ...There was no mention of this at all, so far ^^; But I'll put what I think it can be opinions:
  • Having more than 1 Pokédex is fine, as it's not useful for one person to have more than one, but for someone who needs it for multiple characters, that's more or less needed.
    • Second Pokédex should be free, since the first one was free anyways. (Just have to pay the extra 10$ if they want that second one custom also.)
    • Second Pokédex should have a price, since the only reason you get one for free at first is because it's part of the starter pack. A second Pokédex is for cosmetic reasons, so it should be paid for.
  • There's not much point of having more than one Pokédex, so not seeing the point of being able to do so.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:11 PM   #69
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Sizing-Honestly I dont see the issue in doing them separately, after all the shop owner can simply reject the purchase if it is ridiculous.

Spin-Off Pokedex- Yeah no issue here, if we have other things from spin off titles we might as well have these as well.

Owning more than 1 Pokedex-I don't have an issue with this and I don't feel like we should be charging money for it since heaps of people already have multiple characters. If we did charge than I would suggest something like $250, the equivalent of one 250+ post.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #70
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So sorry that I haven’t responded to this topic in a while. I want to weigh in on some of the thngs here.

>Auras
I don’t think these are worthy of gaining their own separate criteria box. The point of the boutique is that you can add various options to Pokémon but you don’t have to mention every option specifically. Players might come up with their own ideas to add that don’t fall under standard categories of sizes, scars or miscellaneous. Don’t add it as a separate purchase or it’ll convey the message that auras are the norm rather than an idea a member may have come up with for one of their Pokémon.

>Achievement Auras
I like this idea as well and think it could have its own separate discussion thread, leaving out the option of auras from the boutique for the time being.

>Furfrou trims
Since trims are a more permanent purchase I consider the regular, default coat to be its own existing trim that can be purchased for the same prices as any other. It will still be the default coat found on Furfrou in the wild but since it’s its own trim now as well it should have the cost of one.

>Colour is part of Special Characteristics
A small thing but I don’t see why recolours need their own special category. They’re a part of special categories I believe – the Pokémon are born their way, we don’t literally spray-paint out Pokémon (do we?)

>Physical Deformities & Resizes
Another small thing but I would like for it to be clearly stated that these characteristics theoretically do not confer any abilities or (dis)advantages to a Pokémon. An updator may however choose to do so otherwise but that should be considered the exception and not the norm.

Height-Weight ratios
Preference for being linked to one another. You’re purchasing to resize the Pokémon, which then involves every aspect of size; height, length, width, weight, etc. You can choose to only lengthen or stretch a single body part but this would then fall under the category of scars and deformities. Likewise, I do think it should be possible to alter the height-weight ratios of Pokémon but then this should be its own purchase of “deforming” it, and not be made a part of resizing.

>Justification for Changes
Approved! Definitely! There are going to be too many case-by-case decisions on what goes and what doesn’t. Having a member come up with a justification will help their case in getting their alteration approved rather than a ‘I want a Pokémon as absurd as possible for giggles’.

>Costs
This is going to be the most controversial one for some but I absolutely don’t think we can get away with the prices that are being suggested. I understand that these things should be purchasable but they shouldn’t be dirt-cheap and inexpensive. And definitely not free! These changes are aesthetic and luxury goods, and thus in a sense be rewards players can purchase for their RP’ing. With a player gaining $250 for every zone reply, some things have to be made more expensive.
Recolours, scars, deformities and size changes should all have a base cost of at least $100-$200 in my opinion. We cannot simply hand these out for free to people whenever they want. Earn your right to customise your Pokémon first. Furfrou trims I’m fine with the cost though as stated earlier it’s natural form should also cost the same amount as it is just another trim.
Similarly, items: essentially you’re paying for a new sprite for the Pokémon. Slapping on a standard price for getting/using a custom sprite sounds better (and simpler) than having to pay for every little decal that one wants to add. And $10 is dirt-cheap. Please look at the prices in the Department Store and compare first. Customising your Pokémon in luxury goods should at least be the cost of a special Pokéball.
Custom-designed trainer items: Same as above. These also tend to be one-time purchases. Players can afford to waste a $250 purchase on these things once in their tenure on FB. At the very least, $10/$50 is not really a price, that’s practically giving it away.

>Limits on sprite requests
I missed the point on why this was done but if you feel the need to add a restriction on this then I’m fine with it. As long as it’s not the replacement for cost-limitations because that it really doesn’t do.

-----

Most of the stuff discussed here seems close to being finished. If we can sort out the last disagreements we can look into furthering the implementation for this.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #71
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Soooooooooo, people are eager to see the Boutique opening, however things aren't moving as much as I would ^^; So I'll put out there my own opinion (after what I have heard here and on Discord), try to make it fair for everyone while making it realistic for me in terms of work (hey, I'm going to be the SO after all), and see how you guys think and then finally put it up!

Sizing:
  • The more I think about it, the more I find my original idea (keep the 0.5-1.5 rule while paying to go beyond) is going to complicate things for just about everyone in terms of knowing what is ok or not. So I would like to simply go with relaxing the original rule by going for a x0.33-x2 of original size, with no option to go beyond that through paying. However, I'll still be able to turn down a resize request if I find it ridiculous, but it'll be a little bit more concrete: I will not allow a high increase or decrease of the size a Pokémon at which its height and/or weight are some of the most extremes, (so no 142' 9" Wailord or 111/32" Joltik, because wtf)
  • In terms of proportions of height/weight with resizing, I'm siding with keeping the proportions (so increasing the height will also increase the weight proportionally). I do admit that GF have given some unrealistic proportions/height/weight to Pokémon, but hey, that's Pokémon for ya. For the sake of both not wanting to have "disproportionate" Pokémon and having to keep track both height and weight, just sticking to have them both changed proportionally would be my choice.

Pokédexes:
I see absolutely nothing wrong at selecting Pokédexes from spin-offs (as long as they work only as a Pokédex like the core games) nor having more than 1 Pokédex for whatever reason. They neither gives an extra advantage and only helps with creativity, so Wynaut?

Furfrou Natural Trim:
I personally would go with the middle ground and go that going back to the natural trim will cost something, but half the price than the other special trims. My reasoning is that RP-wise, since the trims are extra resistant compared to the games', it needs a little work to return to the natural one; however, being, well, the natural trim, it doesn't take as much effort to do it.

Auras:
I think it has been pretty clear that Auras, although a cosmetic thing that would fit with the Boutique, should now be more of an achievement thing of sorts, which isn't really something the Boutique has anything to do with. It's not that super-important anyways, so we'll be putting it aside for now. (anyways, it'll be most likely that auras will be taken care of with whatever shop that the achievement will be related to.)

Recoloring as a special characteristic
I was reluctant of the idea at first, but I realized that it was just a case of habit/comfort zone, and it isn't really much of a big deal. I wouldn't mind moving recolors into the special characteristics.

Precisions about special characteristics not giving any advantage
It is already part of the main rules of it, but I definitely can add more into it to put more emphasis. Something along the lines of "By default, none of the special characteristics, including weight/height, does not give any advantages or disadvantages to the Pokémon. (All moves and actions are considered as if done by an unmodified Pokémon.) That said, it is at the updator's discretion to choose otherwise, but this should be considered as the exception and not the norm."

Justification of changes
Well that has been a rule that was always present, but not fully applied as very few used special characteristics. But seeing that we'll be putting the recolors in the special characteristics also, it'll be interesting to see what people has as justification for them

Pricing
Oh boy, here goes the real big one.

Alright, so I have seen quite a bit of strong opinions on both sides. Some wants to keep it as it is (all special characteristics are free, all items are at low costs), others want everything to have a price and what already does to make it higher. With that, here's my personal plan/opinion:
  • Put a price on everything, BUT costs are very low (less than 250$).
  • They'll be extra costs when requesting a sprite. Because of that, the default in terms of spriting will be to not make a sprite unless specified/requested.
  • Things that has already a price should cost more, but the increase will be a lot smaller for things that are only for cosmetic purposes only.

Here's points of my reasoning behind this:
  • Since the introduction of Pokédollars per post, people has a lot more access to Pokédollars. So it would be fair for the stuff that used to be free to have a certain cost, and have the things that do have a cost to be more expensive.
  • That said, since most of the free stuff was only for cosmetic and RP purposes (although in all technicality "RP purposes" is everything here lol), I do not see the point of seeing the prices to be uber high. I understand the whole "luxury" debate in the past (related to the pokédollars vs. coins), but as the pure reason for FB to exist is to adventure and write with freedom of expression/less restrictions, I do not feel comfortable of restraining something that is mostly creative and helps with the writing narrative of everyone and does not hinder in terms of the "number-crunching" side/mechanics of the RP. For me, what should be considered as a "luxury" in FB is something that is very rare and/or powerful in both the games and in FB (ex.: Advanced Moves, legendaries, rare items, etc); and cosmetic changes isn't powerful at all, and although near inexistant in the games, it is fairly common/accepted in FB, therefore I do not consider it as luxury. One perfect example would be the bases: It used to be extremely expensive to work with as money restrained the creativity, and now that they're basically a free-for-all RPing at no costs, things has went a lot better and more fun for everyone. All that said though, the one difference the Boutique has compared to the bases is that confirmation is needed from an SO (hello!) so it would be slightly more expected to pay for the services.
  • To be honest, I was a bit against putting an extra costs for sprites as it is more or less the butter to the boutique's bread and I felt that since people would be looking over more into other cheaper alternatives to get a sprite if they want one (ie make it themselves or ask someone else), I would have less sprites to make, and I love making sprites. ...But on second thought, I do have a busy life and I do have a horrible attention span lately, so having less work wouldn't be that much of a bad thing ^^; That said, as the point above, I don't want it to be a high price, for creativity purposes (plus I do still want to do recoloring sprites ^^)
  • As for the things that do have a purpose beyond cosmetic, that is Mega and Z accessories, I believe it is fair to put up the price a lot higher since it actually has an "mechanic" purpose (that is mega evolution and Z moves.) Therefore it would be more than fair if it goes for the equivalent of a post or more.

So with all that, I'll do some comparative research to pin down what would be fair as prices for everything, work on a new version of my first post soon related to this, and post it asap here. If everyone (especially mods!) agrees with it, I think everyone will be more than happy to see the Boutique finally opening

Old 08-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #72
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I agree with everything.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #73
Meetan
Soul Badge

I like what I see here! ^^ Good stuff, Mew.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #74
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Looks good!

Old 08-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #75
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

At the risk of sounding repetitive, looks good to me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development