UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #51
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

That's almost enough to convince me to get a second 3DS. 0_o

(And then I realize just how stupid that idea is)
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #52
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Damn that looks awesome. Fuck not having money.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #53
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Damn that looks awesome. Fuck not having money.
^ This, pretty much. But hot damn if I don't know what my next check's going towards.
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #54
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
But hot damn if I don't know what my next check's going towards.
Rent. =p

On a less tragic note though, I really am looking forward to Awakening. I heard that character design is really the only major flaw, and everything else kicks ass.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #55
tau
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Rent. =p

On a less tragic note though, I really am looking forward to Awakening. I heard that character design is really the only major flaw, and everything else kicks ass.
x3 Rent indeed, but I'm willing to sacrifice a few luxuries for a decent vidya game.

So does this bundle involve the 'My Unit' feature? I've said it before, I'll say it again- I'm a whore for games with 'create a character' mechanics.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #56
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I'm pretty sure Awakening brings that back, as well as sexytime!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #57
tau
Cascade Badge

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Awakening brings that back, as well as sexytime!
I can take or leave sexytime, but if I get the chance to make my own Lord? Forget about it. Fuckin' forget about it, I am 100% sold.

Spear Lords = Best Lords.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #58
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

From what I understand, My Unit has the unique Strategist Class, which uses Swords and Tomes, but, like other units, can reclass to just about any other male class.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #59
tau
Cascade Badge

My Unit Creation (as it stood during "New Mystery of the Emblem") care of Serenes Forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenesforest.net
Males can choose to be a Mercenary, Knight, Cavalier, Fighter, Archer or Mage. Females can choose to be a Myrmidon, Pegasus Knight, Cavalier, Archer or Mage. From Chapter 1 and onwards, My Unit can be Reclassed like a normal character, so the starting class for male My Units is therefore more important since it decides their Reclass set (at least until you've beaten Hard mode or above). The starting class also decides the clothes that My Unit wears.
^ That might not be true currently, but I'm tipsy and my Internet research skills have gone downhill.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #60
deoxys
Fog Badge

Nintendo just announced it would be $199 for the bundle and it's available on Feb 4th. It's NOT a 3DS XL though...
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:44 AM   #61
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Markus is getting me this, hopefully on the fourth. I have informed him thusly.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 AM   #62
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I can't wait SQUUUUUUUEEEEEEE~

...I still need to get my 3DS from home somehow, though. Or discover I actually have it buried somewhere. ;__;
Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #63
tau
Cascade Badge

God damn it.

I swear I have gotten one good level from Sain and NO ONE ELSE.

I guess you could say he's really IRKING ME
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #64
Slash
Silver LO

I always got bad levels from Lyndis.

They need more good Shaman characters. This one-per-game crap is pissing me off since I like Dark Magic best (I'm a druid, what do you expect?)
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #65
Slash
Silver LO

Today is a Fire Emblem day for me, because I should be getting the Awakening bundle tonight.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #66
tau
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Today is a Fire Emblem day for me, because I should be getting the Awakening bundle tonight.
Please, please make a First Impressions post when you get a chance- spoiler free, if possible, ya' know, but I would appreciate getting first thoughts on the game from someone I can trust rather than a review site or video.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #67
deoxys
Fog Badge

I plan on doing one as well, going to try to get the game tonight or tomorrow. I'll also write up a full review.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #68
tau
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I plan on doing one as well, going to try to get the game tonight or tomorrow. I'll also write up a full review.
Thank you kindly! What with my phone bill coming up, and saving up for a new apartment/rent/groceries, I wanna make sure it's worth the 200 before I throw down for it.

(I'm sure it will be, and I'll be picking it up at some point regardless, but knowing it's good will make me feel less-bad about spending so much on a new handheld system AND game.)
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #69
Slash
Silver LO

Well, I may be fucked. My food stamps card didn't get re-loaded like it should have been, so we might not have enough money after groceries to get it.

Suddenly, I'm fairly numb.

We're still going to go for it, it seems. Still numb, though.

Last edited by Slash; 02-04-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #70
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm surprised more people aren't going on about this. I'm not sure what percentage I am though the story, but I'm through chapter 15 at the least. So far I have been pretty impressed with this. They really put some effort into this game. This is better than the past 3 games. Them putting in the option of having the original voices was a relief to me. Though every time I start the game, I have to change the voices to English, then change them back, or else the voices will get buggy.

They bring back the roaming map thing they did in FE8. I personally like that, because I have a little more freedom to do what I want with my characters. I kinda don't like leaving some characters I like behind because they just weren't good enough.

I really like the tactician character they give you. Unlike FE7, she actually plays an active role in the story, and she plays a part in battle. Speaking of that, I have a question about (chapter 13 spoilers)
Spoiler: show
Chrom's child. In my game, they forced her to marry Chrom and Lucina is her child. I WANTED to leave the support level at A and have her be with someone I thought was cool, but they forced the support level to jump to S and have her marry Chrom when chapter 12 was over. I was actually a bit annoyed with that. Onto my question. If he doesn't have a high support level with anyone, who does he end up marrying? It shows his older sister holding Lucina in the cutscene, so I'm guessing it's her. I'm actually impressed with how natural they make it seem. They make it to where I have a hard time imagining anyone but the tactician being Lucina's mother. Lucina can turn into a tactician class as well.

Finally, Donnel is insane. He is better than anyone at everything, except magic. Because of his ability, he gets a perfect level up almost every time. It's not a question of how good his level ups will get him, it's a question of what his damn stat caps are, because everything WILL get there.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 02-15-2013 at 11:39 AM.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #71
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I am extremely excited for this game. I'm pretty much about to buy a 3DS so I can play this.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #72
deoxys
Fog Badge

Sorry I haven't reviewed it yet like I said I would, truth be told I only just picked it up today. Due to some sort of shipping error, everywhere around me hasn't had it since it came out nearly two weeks ago and they're only just beginning to get stock in.

Will probably play a bunch this weekend and leave first impressions, then I'll try finishing it up by next weekend and write a review.

Also picked up Layton and the Miracle Mask because it's on sale at Best Buy for $15 and I priced matched it over at Target since BB was all sold out.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #73
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Haven't been able to get it yet because everywhere is always sold out. ;___;
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #74
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

After reviewing my finances, it turns out that I have enough to buy a 3DS XL and this game, whoooo! Will be doing that once the places around me have the game...
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #75
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

One neat thing about the new Fire Emblem I realized, which I wish I realized sooner. This game encourages you to make couples out of the characters. You get more from them than simply a support bonus, which is nice. The details about some of it is silly, but I still really like it. Anyway, new players, work on making your army a love nest! You should realize what it does around chapter 15.

I'm actually spending more time on building support ranks than anything.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games