UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #1501
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

The thing is kagemusha is really the only one you need. It's stupid easy to search, use, and reuse, and it supports the theme by setting off gateway and united, etc. any other tuners would clog the deck ridiculously. The point of the deck is speed. More tuners would slow it down

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #1502
phoopes
Double Dragon

I'll be on for about an hour, I guess. Haven't dueled in two weeks-ish, I don't think. Just send me a message.

EDIT: Played 3 games, two against Talon and one against quintowill

Game 1: Talon brought his Nurse burn deck, and I came with Sabers. We both played a good game, with Talon ending up beating me. 0-4 against that deck now... with four different decks, lol.
Game 2: We switched decks here. I brought my burn deck and Talon brought Ice Barriers. I controlled for most of the game, having an 8000-200 lead at one point. However, he broke it open a bit. Was going to beat him with Magic Cylinder, but I forget what negated it. Topdecked Secret Barrel on my next turn, thank goodness, or I probably would have lost.
Game 3: My Dark World deck against quinto's Psychics. In hindsight, I probably should've used Gates of the Dark World more, since I didn't have anything once Trance Archfiend was destroyed. Was too greedy in boosting his attack, and I used 3 Upstart Goblins this game. Ironically, quinto beat me 3000-0, lol.

GG's.

Last edited by phoopes; 04-30-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 AM   #1503
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Looks like I missed a big party.

So, advice needed. I have one Spell slot I've been juggling with, and I'm not sure what to put in it. The card choices I've looked at -

1. Tuning
2. MST
3. Forbidden Lance
4. Mind Control

Mind Control is currently in there. I already have one Tuning, but the second would be for consistency. I've used two Tuning before and got burned by it when I drew a Tuning and had no more Synchron tuners to search for. Mind Control is a hold-over from the original tool-box build with Debris and Dandy I removed, forgot about, then added back after I saw Talon open his hand using my old deck and cream me with it. I hear Mind Control is super powerful with XYZs, but I only side one XYZ and there isn't a lot I can do with it running Synchros vs. XYZ. Mind Control an XYZ is useless for tuning and I can't tribute over the Mind Controlled monster.

But, I can use a Mind Controlled monster's effects.

I managed to make good use of it against UM, but in the same situation, Tuning would have been as effective.

MST I haven't found a ton of use for. I already run Heavy and use Scrap Dragon for point destruction. MST seems like a potentially useless card if I don't hit a continuous spell or trap or a field spell, as I've already found with picking off traps using Scrap.

So then we have Forbidden Lance. It's a card I've used in other decks but am still skeptical of, because I've never really had success using it yet. I'd also only be running one copy, which I'm not sure is good enough to justify its inclusion. I've seen what it can do - nullify bonuses while lowering attack and protecting monsters from armageddons - but I have no personal benefit using it.

I'm going to run FL, but the trade-off right now seems like it versus Mind Control. What are some of the common, effective plays those cards have against certain builds or XYZs? Which is more versatile and outright powerful? If you had to make a choice in a tight deck, which would you pick?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #1504
deoxys
Fog Badge

Found something interesting today;

4kids sells Yu-Gi-Oh! assets to Kidsco for $10M

Kidsco is partners with Saban, owned now by Disney. It will be controlled by the same department that does Power Rangers.

Basically, don't be surprised if Yu-Gi-Oh! airs on Disney XD.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #1505
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not surprised. They got the rights back in the controversial court case but there was no way in hell Konami was going to play nice with them. (I find it funny how time heals all wounds and ANN is already reporting on the bitter feud as an "amicable settlement." It was hardly amicable. ) They must have realized it'd be better to sell off the Yu-Gi-Oh property (a) because of this and more importantly (b) because they're still a bankrupt company and it helps to sell YGO off and try to pay off some of their debt rather than cling to it and pretend to still be a company who operates above the red.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #1506
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

I thought yugioh was 4Kids' biggest money-maker at the moment, along with DBZ Kai and Sonic Heroes... This seems like news to me =S

Honestly, I don't follow the anime closely(unless new mechanics or archetypes start getting introduced), but a bunch of people I know do, and this is the first I've heard about this

Thanks Pengy!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #1507
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
I casually follow the anime (only really got into ZeXal recently because lolGimmickPuppets) and had heard a bit about this. Let's just hope Disney doesn't screw it up more than it already is.

Just finished playing a shitton (somewhere in the neighborhood of 15) of matches against Dopple. Eatos Glads vs Shooting Star. I know I won more but exactly how many I'm not sure. Duels were still good though.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #1508
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Played Quinto earlier today. Agents Vs Psychic = 1 - 1

We both walked away with a single Duel, the tiebreak was up in the air until we got D/C'ed.

We kept playing as I used Six Samurai Vs Psychic, which ended 3 - 1 on Six Samurai's favour, I think. Our final Duel was up in the air and we both had to leave, but at that moment, it could have gone either way. We had one HELL of a Duel where we both won and lost control of the field several times over. It was extremely dynamic, had lots of trade offs, he restored LP, I knocked him back, he then recovered the advantage and his LP and so forth until I could finally clip in the win with a late game Six Samurai Grandmaster SP Summon I managed to get in JUST in time, and just when my resources were neary entirely depleted.

GG's Quinto.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #1509
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Yeah I had five matches with Kusari, I think I may have won two and lost three. I was testing some side deck material and experimenting with Shard of Greed in place of Reckless Greed. It might actually be an upgrade, I don't know yet.

Still looking for someone to duel right now, I have about 1 hour before I gotta trek out shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Basically, don't be surprised if Yu-Gi-Oh! airs on Disney XD.
It won't. You're confusing Saban Entertainment with Saban Capital Group, which is a new company formed by Saban that bought back Power Rangers from Disney after Disney decided to fold the original Saban Entertainment and discontinue its properties.

It's far more likely we see YGO on Nickelodeon. :V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Not surprised. They got the rights back in the controversial court case but there was no way in hell Konami was going to play nice with them. (I find it funny how time heals all wounds and ANN is already reporting on the bitter feud as an "amicable settlement." It was hardly amicable. ) They must have realized it'd be better to sell off the Yu-Gi-Oh property (a) because of this and more importantly (b) because they're still a bankrupt company and it helps to sell YGO off and try to pay off some of their debt rather than cling to it and pretend to still be a company who operates above the red.
It's a surprise to me, on face value. One would think that the long-run returns of YGO would justify holding on to it, but 4Kids has to liquidate all its assets to pay off what debt it can. I don't think the company is coming back from bankruptcy so reacquiring the license is only a blessing to its investors, rather than for the company itself.

It'll be interesting to see what Saban does with ZeXal.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #1510
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Yeah I had five matches with Kusari, I think I may have won two and lost three. I was testing some side deck material and experimenting with Shard of Greed in place of Reckless Greed. It might actually be an upgrade, I don't know yet.

Still looking for someone to duel right now, I have about 1 hour before I gotta trek out shopping.
I'm up for a few Duels atm.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #1511
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

My apologies for the double Post, but say, is the Anime Tournament still up? Also, is there ANY way to make a Ziegfried or a Leon von Schroeder Deck that could get Tournament approval?

Old 05-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #1512
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm up for duels.

BBB started watching ZeXal and now I'm going at it, too.

Yuma is morbidly retarded.

I also can't believe Utopia's Japanese name is Kibou Hope. :/

I'll give Konami credit, a lot of their English names sound pretty cool, even if it introduces some archetype questions.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #1513
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
I also can't believe Utopia's Japanese name is Kibou Hope. :/
That's, uh, ... that's something, alright. ^^; Look out for Amour Love and Vita Life in Season 2.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #1514
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

>Anime Tournament

We never even started it.

>Ziegfried and Leon

You'd have to look to see if their cards are even on DN.

>Yuma is morbidly retarded

I assume you're watching subs but if you want to see an even more retarded Yuma, watch a dubbed episode.

>More people watching ZeXal

Spoiler: It doesn't get good until Kaito enters the plot.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #1515
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
That's, uh, ... that's something, alright. ^^; Look out for Amour Love and Vita Life in Season 2.
In a million years, I never would have expected such a name out of a shounen anime. If this were Pretty Cure, fine. Would even make sense and fit the girly motif. Imagine my jaw drop when he Exceeds and here I'm wide-eyed expecting a dramatic announcement of Utopia and he howls "KIBOU HOPE."

I can just imagine his support cards. "Kibou no Chikara, SHINING FUTURE!".

What's even more distressing is BBB kind of off-handedly dropped the name and I didn't realize it:

[00:39] DarkChromDra: Wait until the Chaos XYZs appear.
[00:39] DarkChromDra: It's going to ruin the game and fudge up everything.
[00:40] all 2000 partz: Ugh....
[00:40] all 2000 partz: I HATED the chaos xyz stuff
[00:40] DarkChromDra: Oh? You're familiar with them?
[00:40] all 2000 partz: Yuma uses one
[00:40] DarkChromDra: Already?
[00:40] all 2000 partz: Yeah
[00:40] all 2000 partz: That's the monster I was complaining about yesterday
[00:41] all 2000 partz: The Kibou Hope upgrade
[00:41] DarkChromDra: oh

At this point I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I knew Utopia and Utopia Ray. The pieces didn't inter-lock until last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post

>Yuma is morbidly retarded

I assume you're watching subs but if you want to see an even more retarded Yuma, watch a dubbed episode.
IQ points are always lost in translation, it's to be expected. But I'm surprised 4Kids actually could shave anything off of Yuma's brain.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #1516
phoopes
Double Dragon

>Kibou Hope

Okay, I looked that up on some translators and the only thing I got was, "Most desired pair." That's either wrong, or I'm really clueless to why that's so shocking.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #1517
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Kibou is the Japanese word for hope. His name is Hope(J) Hope(E). Hence the comparisons I drew with Love(F) Love(E) and LifeII) Life(E).
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #1518
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Played some matches with UM. Spellcaster Xyz and Stellars vs Plants and Xyz respectively. Spellcasters is good but could use some work and Stellars are as good as ever. Would've liked to have kept going but I'm heading out here soon. May be on later though.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #1519
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
I think, in order not to cause confusion, instead of calling my deck Xyz, you should have said VWXYZ, since XYZ is now a completely different term. ^^;

But yeah, good matches all in all, thanks for the duels.

In other news, I recently found out that I've been playing Gustos improperly.. Apparently my Recruiters "miss the timing" when used for Tributes and Synchro Summons? Here I've always thought that when Tributing for summons and tuning for Synchro summons, the summon is considered to occur at the same time as the cards going to the graveyard, thus no loss on timing. Did the rules change? Or have I always been in the wrong?

Last edited by unownmew; 05-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #1520
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What recruiter?

Also I'm up for duels.

I forgot to post this -

Duel Wishlist:

Kusari Eatos-Glads
phoopes DW
VGM Chaos Stun
BBB Synchro Magician
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-04-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #1521
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
The Gusto recruiters, Gulldo, Winda, and Egul. Particularly I've been using Gulldo to Tribute and Synchro and grab another monsters, but apparently it misses the timing when i do that.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #1522
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Yes it does because tributes are a cost paid before the monster comes out. Draco-Equiste is a nightmare for me for this reason, as I have a mortal fear someone will Super Poly Quasar and BLS together and I won't even get an SSD to protect myself.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #1523
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Yes it does because tributes are a cost paid before the monster comes out. Draco-Equiste is a nightmare for me for this reason, as I have a mortal fear someone will Super Poly Quasar and BLS together and I won't even get an SSD to protect myself.
My friend who played E Heroes used to do something like that to sam players back in the day. Was great.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #1524
deoxys
Fog Badge

I haven't been dueling lately because I don't feel like it.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #1525
phoopes
Double Dragon

>Dopple

All right then, let me know when you're available to duel, and we can work something out.

>Deo

Yeah, same here. Just haven't been up to it, because I don't have any ideas for new decks, and I'm sort of unsatisfied with my latest project, the Dark World deck. Thought I could go back and redo my Stellar deck, I guess. It's good the way it is, but I could probably do something better with it. Though I can't call priority on their effects anymore, so that's going to annoy the hell out of me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment