UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #26
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
522/721. Ran out of time. Turns out 40 minutes isn't really that long.

Kanto: 142/151
Johto: 74/100
Hoenn: 110/135
Sinnoh: 64/107
Unova: 98/156
Kalos: 39/72

I think my count may be off. Hell if I know.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #27
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

719/721. I couldn't remember Miltank and Qwilfish only. Darn
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:11 PM   #28
jumpfight5
Pokemon Trainer

I did really well in Kanto, getting all of them, and Johto, only missing a few (like Yanma). I thought I had to do them in order until I typed "Pidgeotto" and it filled in "Pidgeot" before I could finish typing. That was a load off.
I also did surprisingly well in Gen 6, but that's because each Pokemon there has a niche. The concepts are more different than the Pokemon in the previous gens, and it makes sense cause they had such few Pokemon introduced.
Kanto and Johto I only figured out because I have the Pokeraps almost memorized. The beginning of Hoenn was easy for the same reason and then I just kind of completely forgot the rest of it (except the part where it's like "now we get real quiet just for a few, Jirachi, Deoxys, Celebi, and Mew...NOW WE BRING IT BACK AGAIN FOR TORKAL AND SPOINK, NUMEL AND CAMERUPT ROCKIN' THIS JOINT...ah, classic)
jumpfight5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:49 PM   #29
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've been wanting to play this again, and am looking forward to when they implement Gen 7 changes, but in the meantime ...

Why not try your luck with Pokémon cries?

Spoiler: show

Got a 12/22 the first go-around. There were quite a few I knew I knew but couldn't place! So I took this screencap seconds before the answers might pop up (which they did), averted my gaze on returning to the window from Paint, and reloaded the page.

Still only managed a 15/22 the second time around. orz ^^; Some of the ones I knew I could place, I did. (Jynx and Ralts, for example.) Others, I knew I knew them ... and then got them only by stumbling into them while trying to put them down for some other answer. ^^;; (Beautifly.)

And then there's No.2 which I SWORE TO GOD WAS HORSEA GDI. (I can tell the correct answer is correct, but man ... There was no way I was unhearing that one as Horsea during the quiz!)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:01 PM   #30
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I did it as well since it looked interesting. Here's my results

Aced it on the first attempt . A lot of these cries felt pretty recognizable to me, with the only one I really fumbled on being Milotic's. Even then it was more I forgot Milotic's name more than anything else xd.

Good luck for those who do this as well.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:15 PM   #31
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I got them all correct except the Fearow cry- I initially thought it was Cloyster. And even then, I typed in Cloyster, and it accepted the answer as though I'd typed in Fearow. Number 2, though, Talon, I definitely understand mistaking it for Horsea- very similar cries. Not exactly on the same level as Charizard and Rhyhorn, but still pretty similar. Still got the second one right with no trouble, though.

In other news, I am an idiot who closes out the quiz window before getting a screencap of the 100% perfect quiz.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:18 AM   #32
deoxys
Fog Badge

59%. There was one more I should have gotten, but I spelled wrong.

it was flaaffy
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:34 AM   #33
Heather
Naga's Voice

as someone who could do this for the entire gen 4 natdex given enough time back in the day, I gotta try this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #34
phoopes
Double Dragon

Got an 8/22. Like others have said, there were a few cries that I knew, I just couldn't remember. And Talon I was in the same boat as you with...

Meowth vs. Horsea. I was convinced it was Horsea too!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #35
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Since I was bored I did the second quiz too.

Aced it as well xd. Only trouble I had was Hypno, thinking it was Jynx for a second despite Jynx already being in the first quiz. Besides that, I think this and the first quiz are on equal difficulties

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Just took the second quiz. Nailed this one with no problem.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #37
Talon87
時の彼方へ

On the second version of the Sporkle cry quiz, I got ...

A 14/22. orz :') There were some cries I failed to get that sounded super familiar; others, that I hadn't the slightest clue. No second attempts this time ...

So then the answers pop up, and ... yeaaaah! ^^; I don't feel the least bit bad, personally! Oh, sure! Not getting Geodude or Unown you might say is a little bad! But not getting Lugia, whose cry I probably haven't heard on a regular basis since before 2002 when last I played the Silver version of the GSC+HGSS games? Or not getting frickin' Nosepass or Baltoy? Y'all must be some goddamn Poké-audio savants, I swear! ;P
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #38
Snorby
Snackin'

Retook the 721 quiz to see if I've improved in the past year.

615/721- 85% B

Kanto- 136/151- 90% A-
Johto- 85/100- 85% B
Hoenn- 115/136- 92% A-
Sinnoh- 100/107- 94% A
Unova- 113/156- 72% C-
Kalos- 57/720- 79% C+

Improvement in Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos. Sharp drop in Unova. Exactly the same in Johto.

Then I took the cry quizzes...

the Gen V cries were the hardest for me- had a hard time with Chandelure, Snivy, and Audino.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #39
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

You know what makes taking a cry quiz a bit difficult? Not hearing the cries. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue as well, but it does kinda put a damper on things.

That being said, I'd imagine that the Gen 4 ones would be easiest for me- aside from being my biggest timesink game, it did a fairly good job of differentiating its cries even within the same line. Not something you see get brought up very often, you know?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #40
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

There's a YouTube video that appears above the quiz- you gotta start that to hear the cries. I don't know if that's your problem, all I know is, at first I thought the cries started automatically once you started the quiz.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #41
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

That turned out to be exactly it. I thought it was an ad the whole time...

Anyway, I went ahead and took them properly this time. The scores are... quite different.

Yeah... Not too pretty, but hardly a surprise to anyone who's listened to my ramblings before. Funny how the second pokemon on the Unove 'Dex did me in! (Though I did spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to spell sewaddle properly...)

Gen 5 wasn't gonna hold me back twice, though! Chandelure has one of the most distinctive cries for that generation as far as I'm concerned, and woobat... admittedly I got lucky on that one. Second guess isn't bad, right? Surprisingly, the one that gave me the most trouble was charmander- spent almost a full minute on him, wondering who it could've been seeing as it wasn't growlithe. Whoops.

@Meowth vs. Horsea- I admittedly had the advantage of nabbing both via in-game trade in Emerald recently for that one. Seeing as I had no idea what meowth's cry sounded like before that, I'd say I got lucky there indeed... Thank you random chick at the Battle Frontier!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #42
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
So I tried the first cries test myself:

The fact that I missed Audino of all pokemon tilts the fuck out of me. I knew it was small and cute and the cry seemed so familiar aaa

Have to admit Noctowl, and Buneary did give me a little trouble too. I thought Nidoking was Rhyhorn/don for some reason, that Eevee was Butterfree and that Drifloon was Bibarel?? Like after finishing the quiz I remebered the 'barel's distinct cry and was like "how did I mix you both up"

And the second cries test, in which Gen V ruses me again:

I encountered it often. In my gut I felt it was a flying type. I even tried remembering what Skyla used. Fucking Woobat rused me. Luckily so many of the other pokemon either had distinct cries (DELELELELE WOOP) or were my faves so I'd remember their cries quite quickly (Slowpoke, Miltank and Hypno - although I had to make sure Hypno's wasn't Jynx's first since they're quite close bar the fact Jynx's is drawn out slightly longer)

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 08-03-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #43
gooieka
Banned

I gave it about ten minutes and got to 221, left because of wanting to do other things.

My overall starting strategy is: Starters>Legends>Pseudos>Fossils>Megas>Regional rodent>Regional bird>Pokken roster
gooieka is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON