Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #5576
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Jack in the Hand
Spell Normal
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Reveal 3 Level 1 monsters with different names from your Deck, have your opponent pick 1 of those to add to their hand, you add 1 of the others to your hand, and shuffle the remaining card into the Deck.

holy shit
Old 08-07-2020, 11:17 PM   #5577
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Helps you way more than it helps me. I don't have enough targets to help make it work.

I need a searcher for Doppelwarrior dang it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-11-2020, 06:15 AM   #5578
Emi

Reinforce Truth

Kind of wild how support for a previously meta Machine archetype ended up getting wrapped around into becoming Orcust support. Machina Redeployment is a hell of a card.

Last edited by Emi; 08-11-2020 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #5579
gaming002

very nice chungus

Old 09-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #5580
Emi

TCG Banlist Update just dropped

Forbidden:
-Block Dragon
-Jet Synchron
-Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion

Limited:
-Double Iris Magician
-The Phantom Knights of Rusty Bardiche
-Called by the Grave
-Harpie's Feather Duster

Semi-Limited:
-Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
-Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
-ABC Dragon Buster
-Toadally Awesome

Unlimited:
-Makyura the Destructor (errata)
-Tour Guide from the Underworld
-Evigishki Gustkraken
-Pantheism of the Monarchs
-Sky Striker Mecha - Widow Anchor
Old 09-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #5581
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I am seething.

The current list and meta is the worst it's ever been. What a change 9 months makes.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #5582
Emi

I'm pretty happy for Rusty Bardiche currently, I'll probably be playing Orcust this format because Rusty Bardiche is not just a card, it's a lifestyle
Old 09-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #5583
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I didn't even notice Called by the Grave got hit.

Is this rock-bottom YGO? I can't imagine the game getting anymore sick. Maybe adding Maxx "C" back when there's no way to counter it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #5584
Emi

Ash Blosssom and PSY-Framegear Gamma are still cards tbh
Old 09-16-2020, 10:32 PM   #5585
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That's part of the problem I was implying.

Called is anti-hand trap tech. If you take it out, you massively increase the power of hand traps like those two.

Hitting called means there's less pressure to use II, Nibiru or other called-resistant hand traps, making it safer to use Ash Blossom or Effect Veiler.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #5586
Emi

Gamma can't be Called to be fair, and it's easily the best hand trap in the game right now. As a general rule from what I've seen, you're going to see hand traps that are the most effective against the widest variety of decks, rather than trying to play around 3 copies of an unsearchable card.

EDIT: Basically, it's better to use the hand traps that are best against the copies of Isolde and Romulus and Halqifibrax that you know your opponent has access to rather than worrying about a card they might have.

Also my point is that both cards still stop Maxx "C", and are both being run in basically every deck.

Effect Veiler vs II is a little weird because II is still the more versatile hand trap (can be used at any point you control no cards, has additional benefits when set), but Effect Veiler has the Halqifibrax -> Selene -> Accesscode talker combo. As a general rule, I've seen a lot more just II than EVeiler + combo though.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:13 AM   #5587
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Linkcross gets banned but Jet Synchron isn't unbanned. How typical and stupid.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-20-2020, 07:44 AM   #5588
Emi

Jet is still a one-card Halqifibrax. That still let's you do 001-Auroradon lines. Linkross was an important hit to that combo to reduce its power, and was extremely important to hit Infernoble Knight, but Jet would still be a very inherently powerful NS in any deck that didn't need their NS, like Eldlich.

I think Halq might be hit on the next banlist though. Dragon Link is now on the same power level as decks like Virtual World, Drytron, and Zoodiac decks at this point, which all have unique, non-Link wincons (Zoos do have a one-card Megaclops combo, but it's not the primary win-con.) If I had to place bets, it would likely be on Halqifibrax and True King of All Calamities getting a boot in a few months.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:57 PM   #5589
Emi

So something huge just happened today

What happened? Well, during the final stretch of where Upper Deck Entertainment was still in charge of printing the TCG, they commissioned a product with figurines of various GX monsters with promotional cards without asking Konami for permission. These products were only sold at Sears of all places, and notably, we're not a great job. There were many examples of the Cyber Dragon figurine, but notably, none were found with the Cyber Dragon promotional card. It's a card that technically should exist, it has a (incorrect) database code and everything, but there was no proof any actually existed. Other promos, such as the Ancient Gear Golem promo are also in this limbo, and there's even one that's known to possibly exist but likely doesn't since the figurine was pulled before it was sold, Black Luster Soldier.

So here we have it: a promotional card from an unauthorized product sold at one department store that likely had been pulled partway through. This guy looks through his old collection and finds one. This, in and of itself, presents the first picture proof that the card exists ever since its supposed printing. Collectors looking for this card have been known to offer $3,000 bounties for the card sight unseen, without truly knowing it exists.

It's the YGO equivalent of looking in your grandmother's attic and finding a lost Monet.

So what happens from here? Who knows. The card will likely be graded at some point, as its the best way to get a good lock on its condition, and from there its off to the races. At this point in time, this card is basically a one of a kind item that's super unlikely to ever resurface. As one Reddit commentor says "this card's value is basically unknown". I suspect this will probably easily sell for over $10k, but there's definitely the potential for it to go a lot higher given the mystique and complete scarcity of the card.

There's also the possibility of it being fake, but there's been basically no rumblings on that. Part of the reason for this is that the Mattel Parallel Rares have very wonky foiling that's hard to reproduce, and there are also several other confirmed promo cards with it. The E-Heroes, with the exception of Avian, are more common and still fetch a tag usually in the hundreds.

And even if it is a fake...this is still a story man. The forbidden Cyber Dragon.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #5590
Char
Banned

Wow!
Old 02-10-2021, 02:27 PM   #5591
Emi

Konami just revealed a lot of, actually really pretty good, Stardust support

There's a number of actually pretty good cards here. Shooting Majestic Star Dragon is kind of the standout but I didn't really see a card I immediately dismissed as filler, which is a good sign.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #5592
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't like any of those cards, but then again, Konami R&D fails to understand the core of what made Synchro successful despite numerous Quickdraw and Junk Doppel decks topping over the years.

Based on my experience in the last meta these cards feel like their power level is on par with Dimension of Chaos i.e. when the last Synchron support was released 7 years ago.

Especially Stardust Synchron and Majestic Dragon, both of those cards are crippled. At the very least you could have allowed Majestic Dragon to have a condition of "This card is treated as Majestic Dragon" and not a negateable effect on the field/grave.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-11-2021, 05:33 PM   #5593
Emi

I mean, I know I don't know formats well, but Blackwings, X-Saber, and Plant Tengu...surely are more representative decks of that era?
Old 02-12-2021, 02:15 AM   #5594
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That's from an earlier era, like 2009/2010.

During the XYZ era there was almost NO Synchro support, but it came back for Arc-V and what we saw is some float effects and less restrictive Special Summon conditions, along with archetype support and some (shoddy) archetype-specific spells/traps. Previous support cards were otherwise super gimped or restrictive, like Stardust Shimmer or Starlight Road.

But, those decks were never intended to be meta, just novelty. If you compare the body of Stardust support today I'd say it would lose to 2009 Blackwings, let alone Blackwings after all their insane power creep support like Gofu and Steam.

In any matter, I don't think Synchrocentric in any form is powerfu enough these days to handle meta, at least without cards like Vanity's or floodgate bosses to limit the summoing of cheap nasties like Infinity Dragon, ABC Buster, Firewall Dragon or Master Peace.

Actually referencing those cards from last year, does that sound too boomerish?!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #5595
Emi

Adamancipator and Infernoble Knight were definitely what I would call Synchrocentric in the modern era.

https://ygoprodeck.com/wp-content/up...o-1536x864.jpg

I tried to make a list of like, relevant end board monsters but apparently the meta looks like fucking this so its anyone's game I suppose.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:28 PM   #5596
Emi

DAMA-JP041 Seifuurou Wolfrayet / Wolfrayet the Stellar Wind Wolf
Beast/Synchro/Effect, WIND, Lv 9, ATK 2500, DEF 0
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
(1) You can only control 1 “Wolfrayet the Stellar Wind Wolf”.
(2) Each time another monster’s effect is activated while this card has less than 4000 ATK, this card gains 300 ATK.
(3) Once per turn, if this card’s ATK is 4000 or more (Quick Effect): You can shuffle this card and all monsters your opponent controls into the Deck.

Been a while since I've been as excited for a card at this.

What a fantastic Level 9.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:50 PM   #5597
phoopes
Double Dragon

This was a cool video I think. Nice mix of cards from before, during, and after I played YGO. Good list
Old 08-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #5598
phoopes
Double Dragon

over the past few days I've remade an old exodia deck for funsies and have been having fun on duelingbook (successor to duelingnetwork) even if other people normally get pissed off lol

what's interesting to report though is that I lost the beginning RPS game to determine who goes first or second 12 times in a row before finally winning on time number 13
Old 08-03-2021, 04:11 PM   #5599
Emi

What kind of Exodia deck is it?
Old 08-03-2021, 10:52 PM   #5600
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
What kind of Exodia deck is it?
it's traditional format, here's the deck: