UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #226
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
Gilded Town - Please reply in LemonChiffon

Missingno. Master: "Heh, you think that will help in the end? You have another thing coming if that's the case," Kaden cackles, "Show them how it's done, Tyson."

"Hariyamaaaaa-" the heavyweight roars, flexing his arms and body as muscles everywhere ripple up briefly before sizing down again. With it over, the Hariyama looks to have some new vibrancy. "That was Bulk Up," the Rocket responds, "Now he has extra power to pummel your Shuppet!"

Helena doesn't seem fazed, however, her previous boost making her feel quite rejuvenated instead. Huffing in some air, she bellows an ear wrenching Screech as pulses of sound waves make way to the Hariyama. Gritting his teeth, Tyson clenches his ears with his beefy hands as his Defense plummets- buffered only by his previous Bulk Up.

The smile on Kaden's face was gone at this point, "Let's show them our Frustration, shall we?" His demeanor said it all, he too would have to take this fight seriously.

With another roar, the Hariyama charges in, though Helena is prepared yet again. Mouth widened, a bright Flashing light suddenly emits as Tyson continues running, blinding him as he runs off course and into the wall- leaving a much larger dent next the one Helena made.

With a heavy grunt, Tyson straightens himself, the antics were getting tiresome for him and his patience wore thin. With a puff for air, the sumo rears his head back before emitting a gushing blast of salt water. The Brine washes over the Shuppet from point blank- sending her back a good distance as the water ravages her.

Coughing up a few drops of water, she gathers her bearings for the next order. Following suit of the Hariyama, she rears her own head back before emitting a massive Shot of Gunk. The blob explodes on Tyson, disorienting him from the blast as he finds himself covering in purple gunk. The gunk soon fades- however, as some of it seep into his skin. He cringes a bit as they enter his system- leaving him poisoned. "Just great..." Kaden exclaims.

What will you do?
Kaden didn't seem to be at all fazed by Helena's stroke of luck with Ominous Wind, and Tyson responded with a Bulk Up, increasing his own stats. However, Helena wasn't fazed by this and unleashed an earsplitting Screech, cutting Tyson's Defense significantly.

"What do you think of that, hmm?" smirked Keith.

Kaden's smile was gone now- in response, he called for Tyson to use Frustration, and as the Hariyama charged forward, Helena let loose a blinding Flash of light. To Keith's immense satisfaction, Flash did its work- Tyson charged off course and slammed into the wall, leaving a much bigger dent than the Shuppet had.

"Nice!" Keith grinned. Helena was looking very pleased with herself, too. Tyson, on the other hand, was clearly losing patience. After extricating himself from the wall, the Hariyama unleashed a Brine attack, sending Helena flying a fair distance. "Helena!" he exclaimed.

"I'm OK," she grunted, coughing up a little salt water. "I'm fine. I got this!"

Keith nodded. "Then use Gunk Shot!" he responded.

Helena did not need telling twice! She fired off the most powerful Poison-type move right away, and it exploded on the Hariyama, covering him in purple gunk. And then, it became clear that that attack has had its side effect, too- Tyson was poisoned!

"Wow!" Meowth remarked. "Dis is really goin' yer way!"

"Maybe," Keith murmured. "We'll see." He was looking wary now, and not without good reason- his own Hariyama had the Guts Ability, which increased her attack power whenever she was afflicted with a status condition. And he didn't know what Tyson's Ability was... and it certainly wouldn't be the first time Helena got the short end of the stick when it comes to an opponent's Ability. "Helena," he added to the Shuppet, switching to Shuppet language. "Be careful- there's no telling whether Tyson has Guts or not, and if he does have Guts, we've just made him even more dangerous."

"Understood," nodded Helena.

Keith nodded back, then switched back to English. "OK, then. Helena, use Flash once more! Then use your Night Shade and follow up with Psychic!"
Old 08-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #227
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Welcome aboard, Ex-Admiral Insane. I hope you enjoy your first update, if you've got any queries just drop me a PM/VM. Feedback would be greatly appreciated too ^^

Big Mama's Mansion ~ Please reply in DarkOrchid

Electric Blue Eye: With a wholehearted agreement to rescue Viola, you and your Pokémon begin to mentally prepare yourselves for the trials to come. It isn't hard to see that the task may be an arduous one as you glance around at nothing but darkness and the faces of your fellow 'players' who are looking to you for help. With your willingness in assisting with his plans for revenge, Alfons cheers and forces you into a high five whilst his Machoke fist punches the air.

"Finally, someone with some balls." The trainer smirks at his human companions and is quick to receive a clout on the head from the girl clutching tightly to her female Nidoran. The Pokémon follows suit and attempts to jab at him with her tiny claws, venom oozing slightly as she does so. It is becoming increasingly apparent to you how little the women value the company of Alfons as they sidle off further into the darkness as one unit, away from not only him but you as well. Once they arrive, they begin furtively complaining about Alfons, with you overhearing words such as 'infuriating' and 'arrogant' to name a few of the cleaner ones.

"What? I meant Pokéballs!" Alfons barks the almost predictable response into the shadows, turning back to you with a grin on his face as he receives the unanimous response of silence. It takes him a few moments, but he eventually realizes that you aren't really in the joking mood, what with your Pokémon having been taken from you so suddenly. With this realization, he steps closer and edges alongside you to offer a friendly hand on your shoulder. Machoke mirrors this and stands to the opposite side of you, his hand somewhat larger causing your balance to come into question.

"Back to the plan." Alfons' suddenness brings your attention back to the situation at hand, "Though we all appear to have been brought here in an instant, there does seem to be ways out."

With his words, the man begins to wander into the darkness opposite the direction in which the women had headed. As you follow, you notice that he is feeling along the old brickwork, seemingly looking for a certain spot. Eventually, he finds his desired brick and begins to wiggle it towards himself with his fingers. Slowly but surely, it slides out and leaves a perfectly square gap in its place. Producing a box of matches from his pocket, Alfons lights one and gently guides it through the hole to attempt to illuminate the passage to no avail. In a quick flurry, the fires creeps down the stick and extinguishes of its own accord.

"If I'd got a flashlight, we could see what's through here properly. I can feel the slightest of breezes through the gap and there appears to be distant noises. Have a gander." Stepping up to the wall and peering through reveals nothing to the naked eye but you can just about hear muffled sound coming from somewhere, too distant to truly make out its origin but whatever was making it did not sound nice.

"There's that way or there's the other way." As he spoke, Alfons motioned towards his Machoke and pointed at the ground nearby. Measuring a meter across, a large drainage grate makes up the center of the dark room in which you are located. With a harsh tug and an ear splitting screech of metal, the bars come free in the Machoke's arms and he raises them above his head before placing them alongside the newly opened hole. Upon closer inspection, you notice that there is an incredibly rusted ladder creeping down into the nothingness before you. Alfons takes a look down the hole for himself and shudders, stepping back once more.

"I'd rather chance the tunnel. Even if this ladder leads us directly down into the sewers and we can escape that way, who knows what could be lurking down there..." Alfons looks to you for agreement, "A few attacks should easily put the wall through and we can get going as soon as it's down."

From the darkness, one of the women steps forward, having apparently finished her part in the heated discussion among her fellow females. As she walks towards the two of you, you notice a confidence to her, her hips wiggling hypnotically from side to side. She walks directly past Alfons, flicking her long black hair as she does so, before standing before you. Though she appears pale in what little light is present in the room, you can't fail to see her beauty, her glinting green eyes and her full lips. A black silhouette follows her lead and it becomes apparent that her Gothitelle is as equally sure of itself as it's trainer is.

"Man up, Al. I'd sooner head away from this place and the quickest way is down." The woman talks at Alfons in a husky, mature tone, "The others are going to stay here and wait but that's not my style."

"Give it a rest, Karine. You don't know what's down there." Alfons had already entertained the notion of climbing down past the grate and firmly decided against it, "C'mon new guy, let's get to work on this wall."

With both trainers having their own preferred route, it is up to you to decide who to team up with: take to the tunnel with the plucky Alfons and his Machoke or plunge into the unknown alongside the cool and confident Karine and her Gothitelle. Both routes are incredibly dark and plunge into the unknown, it all depends on which you are most prepared to endeavor.

What will you do?

Amaranth City ~ Please reply in HotPink

Ex-Admiral Insane: As you wander the many crowded streets of the seemingly phantom city you have discovered on your latest adventure, you see a whole array of different characters. From entertainers to tourists, shop keepers to law makers, it seems like everyone is out and about and hurrying here, there and everywhere. Your Pokémon are all eager to explore their new surroundings and express their interest in their own ways. Doom's curiosity is peaked by the unfamiliar locale and he saunters off alone to see the city for himself whilst keeping a safe distance between you and his team mates. Completely enamored with the street vendors and their tantalizingly sweet treats, Floss attempts some five finger discounts and almost earns you all a few new enemies in the process. As your Absol and Swirlix explore at their leisure, Hood is left to totter along beside you and combat the lack of balance caused by having such a bulbous head. This doesn't appear to hinder him all too much, though, that's life for a Bellsprout.

Getting a feel for the city wasn't going to be the easiest of tasks. The further the four of you walk, the more identical the surroundings seem to become. As it is with big cities, bearings are easily lost and directions aren't always that easy to find. To the passersby, you and your Pokémon are merely obstacles in the daily rat race. You could try stopping somebody, but you probably wouldn't have much luck. Everyone in the city is perpetually late, apparently.

That's when you spot it. Just up ahead, the identical streets come to an end and the next few blocks are taken up by an expansive park and gardens. Alongside the park is a modest hut. Clearly a good starting point with it's Unown I shaped sign swaying gently to and fro in the warm city breeze. A tourist information center will know without a doubt how the city it is located in the heart of came to be. Upon reaching the hut, you notice a number of different advertisements in the window and several people milling about inside. As you go to survey the posted ads, a cold hand grabs your shoulder.

"Hey you. No loitering."

The voice is gruff and intimidating. Turning, you see that the person who is grabbing you is far from that. Standing no taller than your Vigoroth, the man beams up at you with a toothy grin. He is dressed in a smart suit with polished shoes and looks fit to be a page boy at such a height. Alongside him floats a Misdreavus, giggling to herself as you begin to realize that the man was far too small to have reached your shoulder, let alone given off such menacing vibes.

"Heh, sorry about that, I like to gauge a good sense of humor before an introduction. The name's Melvin, welcome to Amaranth City. You after some information or just goggle eyeing my staff?" As the man speaks, he is unable to suppress the laughter at his own joke, "Oh i'm sorry, I'm just being rude now. This is my little baby, set her up myself when the place was young. Can I help you with anything? Anything at all?" With his bubbly personality not slipping a dash, the man pats the hut rhythmically as he introduces 'her'.

As the two of you are talking, another person arrives at the information hut and eyes up the advertisements you have yet to fully peruse. You soon realize the person's presence as they are quick to make themselves known, already beginning to talk without a concern for the fact that you are already in a conversation.

"Hey Mel, I'm just on my way to the battle tourney in the park. Got any more about the missing kids?" The interrupting party is a woman in her late teens, slender and well-dressed in a fitted white jumpsuit, large round shades covering her eyes and a tilted sunhat upon her head. The girl is quick to tap on the window in the vicinity of the posting in question when Bill doesn't respond in a heartbeat. It was your typical missing persons ad but what was below the words was utterly shocking. There were scores of smiling faces, each one having gone missing and each one still yet to be found.

"Yes, yes I have. Let me deal with this gentleman first, Keeley." The man bats at the girl with his hand, his focus remaining upon you entirely.

With a myriad of absent youths and word of a battle tournament being held nearby, you have a choice to make. Continue towards your original destination with a better knowledge of the city and its place in the world or stay for a while and immerse yourself in what the metropolis has to offer plucky trainers, be that mysteries or the chance to have a tussle with the locals and other like minded tourists in a competition.

"So, what was it that you wanted to ask?" As Melvin grins up at you once more, you notice a glimmering pink stone in place of one of his back teeth as it catches a glint of sunlight.

What will you do?

Old 08-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #228
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

Ex-Admiral Insane: As you wander the many crowded streets of the seemingly phantom city you have discovered on your latest adventure, you see a whole array of different characters. From entertainers to tourists, shop keepers to law makers, it seems like everyone is out and about and hurrying here, there and everywhere. Your Pokémon are all eager to explore their new surroundings and express their interest in their own ways. Doom's curiosity is peaked by the unfamiliar locale and he saunters off alone to see the city for himself whilst keeping a safe distance between you and his team mates. Completely enamored with the street vendors and their tantalizingly sweet treats, Floss attempts some five finger discounts and almost earns you all a few new enemies in the process. As your Absol and Swirlix explore at their leisure, Hood is left to totter along beside you and combat the lack of balance caused by having such a bulbous head. This doesn't appear to hinder him all too much, though, that's life for a Bellsprout.

Getting a feel for the city wasn't going to be the easiest of tasks. The further the four of you walk, the more identical the surroundings seem to become. As it is with big cities, bearings are easily lost and directions aren't always that easy to find. To the passersby, you and your Pokémon are merely obstacles in the daily rat race. You could try stopping somebody, but you probably wouldn't have much luck. Everyone in the city is perpetually late, apparently.

That's when you spot it. Just up ahead, the identical streets come to an end and the next few blocks are taken up by an expansive park and gardens. Alongside the park is a modest hut. Clearly a good starting point with it's Unown I shaped sign swaying gently to and fro in the warm city breeze. A tourist information center will know without a doubt how the city it is located in the heart of came to be. Upon reaching the hut, you notice a number of different advertisements in the window and several people milling about inside. As you go to survey the posted ads, a cold hand grabs your shoulder.

"Hey you. No loitering."

The voice is gruff and intimidating. Turning, you see that the person who is grabbing you is far from that. Standing no taller than your Vigoroth, the man beams up at you with a toothy grin. He is dressed in a smart suit with polished shoes and looks fit to be a page boy at such a height. Alongside him floats a Misdreavus, giggling to herself as you begin to realize that the man was far too small to have reached your shoulder, let alone given off such menacing vibes.

"Heh, sorry about that, I like to gauge a good sense of humor before an introduction. The name's Melvin, welcome to Amaranth City. You after some information or just goggle eyeing my staff?" As the man speaks, he is unable to suppress the laughter at his own joke, "Oh i'm sorry, I'm just being rude now. This is my little baby, set her up myself when the place was young. Can I help you with anything? Anything at all?" With his bubbly personality not slipping a dash, the man pats the hut rhythmically as he introduces 'her'.

As the two of you are talking, another person arrives at the information hut and eyes up the advertisements you have yet to fully peruse. You soon realize the person's presence as they are quick to make themselves known, already beginning to talk without a concern for the fact that you are already in a conversation.

"Hey Mel, I'm just on my way to the battle tourney in the park. Got any more about the missing kids?" The interrupting party is a woman in her late teens, slender and well-dressed in a fitted white jumpsuit, large round shades covering her eyes and a tilted sunhat upon her head. The girl is quick to tap on the window in the vicinity of the posting in question when Bill doesn't respond in a heartbeat. It was your typical missing persons ad but what was below the words was utterly shocking. There were scores of smiling faces, each one having gone missing and each one still yet to be found.

"Yes, yes I have. Let me deal with this gentleman first, Keeley." The man bats at the girl with his hand, his focus remaining upon you entirely.

With a myriad of absent youths and word of a battle tournament being held nearby, you have a choice to make. Continue towards your original destination with a better knowledge of the city and its place in the world or stay for a while and immerse yourself in what the metropolis has to offer plucky trainers, be that mysteries or the chance to have a tussle with the locals and other like minded tourists in a competition.

"So, what was it that you wanted to ask?" As Melvin grins up at you once more, you notice a glimmering pink stone in place of one of his back teeth as it catches a glint of sunlight.

What will you do?

Thanks again for updating me PP. If you have any hints or tips on what may be better, I'd gladly hear them.

“Over there.” Lucas glanced up at the giant ‘I’ that crested the building. A mysterious eye in the centre of it that gave it the faint idea of it being a Pokémon. The small hut stood on the side of a park. Upon looking closer, he could notice various advertisements glued to the window. Hood and Floss ran up with their trainer, the former nodding his head with every step. Doom trotted behind the group as he sniffed the ground curiously, as if on the scent of something interesting.
A sudden cold shock crept across the trainer’s spine as a hand reached for his shoulder.
“Hey you. No loitering.”
The voice sounded intimidating. The group turned around to face the voice. A somewhat small man stood before them. He had a well-groomed suit and polished shoes on him. The man grinned at them while the Misdreavus next to him chuckled. It was the Misdreavus who had grabbed his shoulder, Lucas realised.
"Heh, sorry about that, I like to gauge a good sense of humour before an introduction. The name's Melvin, welcome to Amaranth City. You after some information or just goggle eyeing my staff?" The man burst in laughter as if he were making a joke.
Doom merely waddled on closer, sniffing the man’s shoes. Floss, on the other hand, was more interested in the Misdreavus. She took one look at the Pokémon and licked her cotton-soaked lips.
"Oh I'm sorry, I'm just being rude now. This is my little baby, set her up myself when the place was young. Can I help you with anything? Anything at all?"
His mind went elsewhere as he tried to comprehend the man before him. What was he for again?
“Well actually. I’d like to know where I am.”
Before he could speak though, a soft voice came up from behind him to meet the shadow that had crept up on them.
"Hey Mel, I'm just on my way to the battle tourney in the park. Got any more about the missing kids?" She was a young, slender woman in her late teens. She was dressed in a white jumpsuit, sunhat and round shades that hid her intentions.
The young woman tapped the advertisement to indicate what she meant. It was a simple missing person poster. No less ordinary then the rest safe for the vast majority of faces that lay below the print. All of them smiling and all of them apparently missing.
"Yes, yes I have. Let me deal with this gentleman first, Keeley." He focuses on Lucas for an answer who was exchanging glances between the man, the young woman and the myriad of faces on the advertisements. Had something gone wrong? How could so many people have gone missing. There was definitely something odd about it all.
Lucas made his decision. “Well actually. I was wondering about Battle Tourney.” All other matters of this mysterious city and the missing persons had taken a sudden back seat of Lucas’ mind as he set himself on the prospect of a tournament. His face lit up and he crept closer to the man, a face of wonder. He almost took the man by the hand and drooled as he asked about it. “Can I join the Battle Tourney? What are the rules? Is there a prize? Is it food? Is it a rare Pokémon? Where is it?” He bombarded the man with his questions while his Pokémon kept to their own agenda of sniffing his shoes, bobbling their head or licking their lips.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 08-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #229
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Big Mama's Mansion ~ Please reply in DarkOrchid

Electric Blue Eye: With a wholehearted agreement to rescue Viola, you and your Pokémon begin to mentally prepare yourselves for the trials to come. It isn't hard to see that the task may be an arduous one as you glance around at nothing but darkness and the faces of your fellow 'players' who are looking to you for help. With your willingness in assisting with his plans for revenge, Alfons cheers and forces you into a high five whilst his Machoke fist punches the air.

"Finally, someone with some balls." The trainer smirks at his human companions and is quick to receive a clout on the head from the girl clutching tightly to her female Nidoran. The Pokémon follows suit and attempts to jab at him with her tiny claws, venom oozing slightly as she does so. It is becoming increasingly apparent to you how little the women value the company of Alfons as they sidle off further into the darkness as one unit, away from not only him but you as well. Once they arrive, they begin furtively complaining about Alfons, with you overhearing words such as 'infuriating' and 'arrogant' to name a few of the cleaner ones.

"What? I meant Pokéballs!" Alfons barks the almost predictable response into the shadows, turning back to you with a grin on his face as he receives the unanimous response of silence. It takes him a few moments, but he eventually realizes that you aren't really in the joking mood, what with your Pokémon having been taken from you so suddenly. With this realization, he steps closer and edges alongside you to offer a friendly hand on your shoulder. Machoke mirrors this and stands to the opposite side of you, his hand somewhat larger causing your balance to come into question.

"Back to the plan." Alfons' suddenness brings your attention back to the situation at hand, "Though we all appear to have been brought here in an instant, there does seem to be ways out."

With his words, the man begins to wander into the darkness opposite the direction in which the women had headed. As you follow, you notice that he is feeling along the old brickwork, seemingly looking for a certain spot. Eventually, he finds his desired brick and begins to wiggle it towards himself with his fingers. Slowly but surely, it slides out and leaves a perfectly square gap in its place. Producing a box of matches from his pocket, Alfons lights one and gently guides it through the hole to attempt to illuminate the passage to no avail. In a quick flurry, the fires creeps down the stick and extinguishes of its own accord.

"If I'd got a flashlight, we could see what's through here properly. I can feel the slightest of breezes through the gap and there appears to be distant noises. Have a gander." Stepping up to the wall and peering through reveals nothing to the naked eye but you can just about hear muffled sound coming from somewhere, too distant to truly make out its origin but whatever was making it did not sound nice.

"There's that way or there's the other way." As he spoke, Alfons motioned towards his Machoke and pointed at the ground nearby. Measuring a meter across, a large drainage grate makes up the center of the dark room in which you are located. With a harsh tug and an ear splitting screech of metal, the bars come free in the Machoke's arms and he raises them above his head before placing them alongside the newly opened hole. Upon closer inspection, you notice that there is an incredibly rusted ladder creeping down into the nothingness before you. Alfons takes a look down the hole for himself and shudders, stepping back once more.

"I'd rather chance the tunnel. Even if this ladder leads us directly down into the sewers and we can escape that way, who knows what could be lurking down there..." Alfons looks to you for agreement, "A few attacks should easily put the wall through and we can get going as soon as it's down."

From the darkness, one of the women steps forward, having apparently finished her part in the heated discussion among her fellow females. As she walks towards the two of you, you notice a confidence to her, her hips wiggling hypnotically from side to side. She walks directly past Alfons, flicking her long black hair as she does so, before standing before you. Though she appears pale in what little light is present in the room, you can't fail to see her beauty, her glinting green eyes and her full lips. A black silhouette follows her lead and it becomes apparent that her Gothitelle is as equally sure of itself as it's trainer is.

"Man up, Al. I'd sooner head away from this place and the quickest way is down." The woman talks at Alfons in a husky, mature tone, "The others are going to stay here and wait but that's not my style."

"Give it a rest, Karine. You don't know what's down there." Alfons had already entertained the notion of climbing down past the grate and firmly decided against it, "C'mon new guy, let's get to work on this wall."

With both trainers having their own preferred route, it is up to you to decide who to team up with: take to the tunnel with the plucky Alfons and his Machoke or plunge into the unknown alongside the cool and confident Karine and her Gothitelle. Both routes are incredibly dark and plunge into the unknown, it all depends on which you are most prepared to endeavor.

What will you do?
stats

It was chilling how dark and ominous the place felt, This dark abyss... Ethan had been wondering if they simply had landed inside the mansion's basement, or if this was some kind of underground level...? Both options seemed plausible but something in his gut told him otherwise, he closed his eyes for a second before he remembered the reds eyes he saw before he was swallowed up by the shadows.

"Viola..." he mouthed, it was true the atmosphere was suffocating him, as if an entity had him by the throat and was squeezing his Adam’s apple until he took in his final breath, in a place with so much despair it was hard to look around and see any kind of hope, he glanced up looking at everyone's saddened expressions. He was doing this for them, for himself and most importantly, for Viola.

It didn't take Ethan long before he realized he wasn't going to like Alfons very much, and it seemed like the self appointed leader wasn't very much liked or respected among a group full of women.

With tension high in the air and countless whispers, Ethan wouldn't be surprised if arguments of what to do would break out every now and again. But Ethan played along, being forced to walk alongside the ‘leader’ and his Machoke until they arrived at what Alfons wanted to show him.

A wall with a loose brick, with a breeze of air floating through it, "You want to break down the wall?" Ethan managed to guess as Alfons explained breaking it down felt like the only way out, of course, that was until Ethan heard a muffled sound coming from the direction the breeze came in, and it didn't sound friendly at all, he quickly eyed Alfons, "Do you even know what's back there?!" he said in a hushed whisper, "You could very well be bringing in something that could tar you to pieces."

Somehow, Ethan got the feeling that taking down the wall would lead to nothing more than trouble to the group. But asking Alfons not to break down the wall seemed like an impossible task, considering how annoying and full of himself he was.

That's when Alfons explained there was one more option...Machoke walked over to the ground and with his strength pulled out a lid from a man hole cover, down ward Ethan could see a ladder leading down to what he guessed might've been a tunnel through a sewer system. Alfons warned it was a bad idea, until one of the women that had been talking behind their backs about the leader stepped up and said she'd gladly go.

However, going down the tunnel might've seemed like a dangerous choice to take, watching someone go it alone even if they had a Pokémon by their side didn’t seem right.

"Karine, if you’re alright with it, I’d like to accompany you down there," Ethan said, "Worse case scenario, if we don’t find anything down there or run into a dead end, we can always come back up. And please, allow me to go first."

But there was another reason to go, Ethan wanted to ask questions, as to how they all arrived down in the predicament they all faced, and if they had found anything useful about the place.

"As soon as we're down there, allow me to use my Jolteon to light our way, I don't know about you but I'm sick of this darkness."
Old 08-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #230
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Missingno. Master: Fearing the worst, you prepare your orders cautiously as you hear Kaden's laugh slowly build up. Perhaps the Hariyama does have Guts, but the Rocket Grunt said nothing to confirm it. With a gulp, you continue on with the battle, the stakes having gotten higher than ever.

Helena kicks things off, opting for a Flash after how well the move worked last time. Building up energy to her center, the orb suddenly gives off a blinding light which spreads in all directions. The Hariyama, however, does not look to be fooled by the same attack twice, and as the light fades out, you notice the large sumo standing firm with his eyes closed. Reopening them sharply, the Hariyama spreads his arms out before clapping his arms together abruptly. The impact was powerful enough to generate a gust of Whirlwind, blowing the Shuppet far into the metallic walls for yet another bump.

Cringing as she remains pinned to the walls by the wind, Helena focuses her Ghost-type energy into her eyes- causing them to glow red briefly before two black lightning bolts zig zag through the wind and into Tyson- stopping the wind cold. Continuing off her momentum- the Shuppet generates more Psychic-type energy before releasing the energy in several rainbow-colored waves. The Psychic slams hard into the Fighting-type, forcing him aback as he grunts from the blow.

The Hariyama looks fairly battered at this point, but he's still got a lot of fight in him. Kaden echoes this sentiment with a grin, "We're not done yet. Tyson, Belly Drum!"

"Hariyamaaaaaaaa-" the sumo roars out, slamming his beefy hands hard into his belly- injuring himself as he chants his battle cry. "Now his strength is at maximum level! That Guts will surely come in handy too," he laughs, his smile reaching ear to ear. He's confirmed his Pokemon's ability, and you feel a sharp pit in your stomach because of it.

Before you can warn your Shuppet, Tyson moves in- his large body closing in the distance at an alarming rate. You can do little but watch as the Hariyama slams a heavy hand into the Ghost-type- buffered only by the wall to her back which only formed a bigger dent. Having had a taste- Tyson grins in his bloodlust, rearing his Arms back again before Thrusting them repeatedly into the Puppet Pokemon. Helena sharply cries out in pain as the sumo's barrage finally smashes her through the wall, the Hariyama also falling over to the next room in the process. Worried, you look through the hole to make sure your Shuppet is okay- seeing several boxed containers with a Moo Moo Milk logo plastered on them. Looks like their storage room. You then continue to look to see Helena still floating, barely conscious but still refusing to give up- while Tyson looks no better off after sacrificing his health.This has come down to the wire, and you realize another attack like that will not bode well for Helena.

What will you do?

Last edited by Charminions; 08-12-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #231
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master: Fearing the worst, you prepare your orders cautiously as you hear Kaden's laugh slowly build up. Perhaps the Hariyama does have Guts, but the Rocket Grunt said nothing to confirm it. With a gulp, you continue on with the battle, the stakes having gotten higher than ever.

Helena kicks things off, opting for a Flash after how well the move worked last time. Building up energy to her center, the orb suddenly gives off a blinding light which spreads in all directions. The Hariyama, however, does not look to be fooled by the same attack twice, and as the light fades out, you notice the large sumo standing firm with his eyes closed. Reopening them sharply, the Hariyama spreads his arms out before clapping his arms together abruptly. The impact was powerful enough to generate a gust of Whirlwind, blowing the Shuppet far into the metallic walls for yet another bump.

Cringing as she remains pinned to the walls by the wind, Helena focuses her Ghost-type energy into her eyes- causing them to glow red briefly before two black lightning bolts zig zag through the wind and into Tyson- stopping the wind cold. Continuing off her momentum- the Shuppet generates more Psychic-type energy before releasing the energy in several rainbow-colored waves. The Psychic slams hard into the Fighting-type, forcing him aback as he grunts from the blow.

The Hariyama looks fairly battered at this point, but he's still got a lot of fight in him. Kaden echoes this sentiment with a grin, "We're not done yet. Tyson, Belly Drum!"

"Hariyamaaaaaaaa-" the sumo roars out, slamming his beefy hands hard into his belly- injuring himself as he chants his battle cry. "Now his strength is at maximum level! That Guts will surely come in handy too," he laughs, his smile reaching ear to ear. He's confirmed his Pokemon's ability, and you feel a sharp pit in your stomach because of it.

Before you can warn your Shuppet, Tyson moves in- his large body closing in the distance at an alarming rate. You can do little but watch as the Hariyama slams a heavy hand into the Ghost-type- buffered only by the wall to her back which only formed a bigger dent. Having had a taste- Tyson grins in his bloodlust, rearing his Arms back again before Thrusting them repeatedly into the Puppet Pokemon. Helena sharply cries out in pain as the sumo's barrage finally smashes her through the wall, the Hariyama also falling over to the next room in the process. Worried, you look through the hole to make sure your Shuppet is okay- seeing several boxed containers with a Moo Moo Milk logo plastered on them. Looks like their storage room. You then continue to look to see Helena still floating, barely conscious but still refusing to give up- while Tyson looks no better off after sacrificing his health.This has come down to the wire, and you realize another attack like that will not bode well for Helena.

What will you do?
Kaden's laugh was building up, making Keith even more nervous- perhaps his fears that Tyson has Guts were correct? But there was no time to dwell on that- the battle had to continue, even though Keith was becoming increasingly worried about the Shuppet. Helena started with a Flash, but to Keith's dismay, Tyson wasn't about to fall victim to the same trick twice- he evaded the move simply by closing his eyes. Once the move was done, Tyson reopened his eyes and clapped his hands together, generating a forceful Whirlwind that blew Helena into the wall. "Helena!" Keith exclaimed, the wind keeping the sentient piece of cloth pinned to the wall.

"I'm OK..." Helena grunted. "I got this..." and with that, she fired off a Night Shade attack, striking the Hariyama directly and forcing him to stop Whirlwind. Now free from the wall, Helena was floating in midair again, and she grinned at Keith.

Keith grinned back, relieved that she was, at least for the moment, OK. "Now, Helena, blast him with Psychic!" he exclaimed.

Helena did not need telling twice! Once again she fired off a blast of Psychic energy, forcing the Fighting-type back a bit. The move was certainly having an effect, and Keith had a feeling the fight wasn't going to last too much longer.

But now Kaden was grinning, and Keith's own grin faded as the Team Rocket grunt confirmed Keith's fears- Tyson had Guts! Worse still, he ordered Tyson to use Belly Drum- a risky maneuver that makes the Pokémon hurt itself, but also causes its attack power to skyrocket. Keith's mouth fell open, a horrible feeling in his stomach. He wanted to warn Helena, but before he had the chance, Tyson went into an Arm Thrust attack, slamming Helena right through the wall. "Oh, crap! Helena!" Keith exclaimed, racing over to the huge hole in the wall (for Tyson, in his momentum, had fallen into the wall himself). The first thing he saw were several crates plastered with the Moo Moo Milk logo- this was clearly their storage room. More importantly, he saw Helena and Tyson- both were still conscious, but only just barely. Though Keith's instincts were screaming at him to switch Helena out for another Pokémon, he did no such thing- he caught sight of the look in Helena's eyes, and he knew that she would insist on seeing this battle through to the end. And he knew that Helena, as both a Shuppet and as Keith's sister, would be far too stubborn to ever give up. He would be doing her a great disservice by not letting her continue.

"Helena!" Keith exclaimed. "Gunk Shot, maximum power! Follow it up with Psychic if you need to!"
Old 08-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #232
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

OOC: Got an updator. Starting in my normal colour but feel free to change it - thanks Ex, let's get some character development going.

---------------

Sighing, the trainer screwed up a sheet of paper in his hands, flicking it into a nearby bin. Typical. Slumping back into his seat on a bench, the young man began to wonder if he was ever going to get the help he needed. Next to him, a purple frog squatted on the floor, cheek sacs rhythmically inflating and deflating with each controlled breath, the Croagunk's eyes closed in careful meditation. Meanwhile, a glob of pink slime squidged its way up his arm to his shoulder, revealing a cheerful face that nuzzled into the side of his head. Dave afforded himself a smile, reaching up to pet the Goomy, who still attracted stares around Fizzytopia - Kalos-native Pokémon weren't exactly a common sight yet.

But Liessa and Jason weren't the problem. Both of them were loyal, obedient, and - most importantly - friendly. The fisherman glanced at the array of PokéBalls at his belt, each of them holding a Pokémon that were... less than accommodating. Maybe they didn't respect him as a trainer, maybe they didn't believe that he genuinely cared for him and responded with coldness, maybe they just flat out didn't think he was good enough to train them. Either way, he'd reached the point where he realised that his normal positive attitude wasn't enough. He needed professional advice on what to do.

He glanced at the bin. The flyer he'd just thrown away was supposed to be his salvation. A course to controlling unruly Pokémon, gaining their respect and trust and working better as a team. But obviously fate stood in the way. He'd been sure the date said the 18th, but upon turning up he'd found out that the event have been two days before. Staring at the flyer showed that it had actually said the 16th, some sort of misprint distorting the date and leaving him out of luck.

Now he sat outside the hall where the course should have been held, two of his most loyal Pokémon at his side and out of luck. "Guess I'll never be good enough for these guys." he muttered, a hand brushing the PokéBalls containing the mentioned Pokémon. He had to do something drastic... but what?

Old 08-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #233
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

(Let's bring you out of your comfort zone. Instead of your usual MediumTurquoise, let's use... DarkTurquoise! *Evil Cackle*)

de Bula City - please reply in DarkTurquoise

DavetheFishGuy:
You’re more than just a bit let down when you find out the great Marc Elsept’s course was two days ago. The flyer was more than comical, the man’s profile covering most of it. He looked ridiculous with his monocle and top hat. He seemed more magician than counsellor. All he needed was a British accent to finish the caricature. And a British accent he had. Still, despite the overdone portrayal of the man, he came highly recommended. The man was a legend after all, famed for connecting to Pokémon in ways no other man could. But today was not going to be the day you’d meet him it would seem.
As if sensing your letdown, Liessa tries to cheer you up a little as she manages to slobber her way up your arm to give you a wet kiss. You smile and pet it in trust, ignoring the passing stares of the locals who’ve rarely, if ever, seen a Kalosian Pokémon before. You crumble the flyer and toss it into the bin next to you.

What were you to do though? Did you even know where you were? All the flyer said was that the course took place in Nemelino Hall in de Bula City. Your Pokédex and map provided you with directions but that was about it.
A small look around at the surrounding area and all you can see is the small unimposing city skyline. An even less imposing building stood in front of it, marking the outskirt of the city. Rotten wood, brown bushes and stained windows was what made up the Nemelino Hall. Its name only identifiable by the chipped letters that crested the top. Behind you though lay a more pleasant sight in the form of a park. Man-made, you were certain of that. The various cherry bushes and oak trees that were carefully planted were slowly being overrun by the plague of palms. In due time, the park will settle and mesh with the area’s tropical climate. But until then, the locals will do their best to maintain the dirt paths that cross the low green hills and vanish into the woods.
Small groups of humans and Pokémon littered the grass field. Some were families on a picnic while others were alone, playing with their Pokémon. All of them though would exchange glances with you and your Goomy every so often. For a place that’s built for peace and tranquillity, the park was more unsettling than it should have been.

“Look Sonia! A Pokémon.” The words were quickly followed by approaching feet. You turn back to see a small teen girl in an orange dress.
“Yes Suzy, I know.” This voice sounded older and clearly irritated and belonged to a slender woman with sharp features. She had hair that was just as dark and skin just as tanned as the little girl. Related perhaps? She couldn’t have been older than you yourself.
“No you don’t,” the little girl insisted. “These are new.”
“What Pokémon are they?” she asks as she looks up to you.
“Suzy, stop pestering the man.” The older one turns to you. “I’m sorry-” Her eyes fall down on your belt of Pokéballs before her face contorts, almost pondering. “Are you a trainer?” Before you ouldn even so much as open your mouth she squeals excitedly. “Oh my god! You are, aren’t you? And you’re from outer town as well.” No need to question how she knew that. Your exotic Pokémon were more than enough proof after all.
She inches up closer. “Will you battle me? You should battle me. A three on three match.” She looks over at your Goomy. “It is a rule after all that when two trainers meet they should have a battle,” she winks at you. When taking another look over you notice her sporting a similar piece of attire as you; a belt with a modest bunch of Pokéballs hanging from them.

You can only stare in disbelief at the abrupt challenge that was laid out in front of you. Jason had troubles of his own as well. The little girl was crouched in front of him, stretching an arm out to touch one of his inflating cheeks. You look again at the taller woman looming over you. It didn’t look like she was going to accept a simple ‘no’ but you had your own agenda to fill when you came to this city. (Serves you right for bringing exotic Pokémon along you big show-off.)

What do you do?

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 08-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #234
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Sorry about the lateness of these, I've been busy at work and when i've been at home, my boyfriend has been working on the laptop... until now! ^^

Ex-Admiral Insane: With your flurry of questions regarding the upcoming tournament, Keeley sighs and rolls her eyes as the old man holds up his hands to attempt to slow you down a little, chuckling at your brimming enthusiasm as he does so.

"Okay, okay, I know I'm the go-to guy for information, but let's take this one question at a time..." Melvin took a breath before beginning to relay what he knew regarding the męlée, "The tournament is being held in the centre of the park, they have fashioned an arena in one of the sporting fields."

As he speaks, Melvin motions for you and Keeley to follow him as he begins to toddle towards the gates of the park. Once you are both side by side and looking through into the gardens beyond, he points into the distance,

"Just go straight across, it'll be hard to miss. Sign-ups are to be taken at the entrance to the arena." With one final glimmering smile, the old man places a hand upon your arm, "Good luck. You too, Keeley. Would you mind taking our new friend to the tournament? I'll still be here when you both get back..."

Unamused by the prospect, but heading in that direction anyway, Keeley gives the man a firm nod, "Don't think I wont be back, though." She smirks at Melvin who waves you both away in as friendly a manner as one can be shooed from another's presence.

"Alright, I'm not babysitting you, just follow me and we'll arrive in no time flat..." Keeley had already began to head towards her destination as her words trailed off behind her. Keeping up with her would have proved simple enough but the park was much akin to its sprawling metropolis of a brother: it was jam-packed with people and Pokémon alike.

The walk towards the tournament fields leads the two of you through an ornate garden, decorated with statues of important figures and their Pokémon. To your right, you spot what looks to be a knight clad in a fine black armor, flanked by his equally armoured Mightyena companion. To your left, a statue of a beautiful woman in godly robes is situated amongst the greenery, trailed by a graceful Gardevoir. Children and living Pokémon weave amongst the garden and play in the fountains without a care in the world, a strange sight given the shocking information you have recently learned.

"Okay, we're here!" Keeley's voice booms just ahead of you where she has taken to standing on a bench to see over the forming crowds to where you are standing, "I've already signed up, you'll have to go to the tent over there with your chosen Pokémon..." The girl points off into the distance and you crane to spot a large marquee with several tables set up below. All around the tables gather willing trainers and their companions, eagerly awaiting the upcoming battles. With your focus on the tournament, it isn't long before you have crossed the lawns to the tent and are greeted by one of the sign-up clerks.

"Okay, name, home town, chosen Pokémon." The clerk does not even take the time to look at you before thrusting a form and a pencil upon the table between you both. A glance down at the paper you are required to fill in shows you that the tournament will involve you using one Pokémon for its entire duration. That made sense, everyone else seemed to just have one Pokémon with them in and around the tournament grounds.

Who will you choose?

Mama's Mansion ~ Please reply in DarkOrchid

Electric Blue Eye: With a decision made and a path decided upon, your plan and choice of companion doesn't appear to go down all too well with Alfons but he can hardly disagree.

"Don't expect me to just wait around here for you, I might just take my chances on the tunnel..." His words laced with disappointment fall on deaf ears for all intents and purposes as Karine takes you gently and silently by the arm and the two of you make towards the opening in the dark ground. It is her Gothitelle who enters the unknown first, turning to nod at her trainer before gliding above and into the gloom.

Several moments pass before Karine motions towards you to take to the ladder, "Gothitelle says everything is fine for now, she is waiting for us at the bottom." With her words, you feel confident enough to begin your descent. You find the task fairly simple, a ladder is a ladder even if it was leading into who knows what. As you cling to the rungs and take each step one at a time, you find you have reached the bottom in no time. Gothitelle reassures you with a cool hand on the shoulder as you grope around in the darkness for the Pokéball containing Voltaire, your Jolteon tasked with the lighting of the tunnel. His release provides a split second of light with which you see Karine nearing the ground alongside you. In the darkness, you hear the crackling of electricity as Voltaire creates an immense flash of light to illuminate your path.

"Trčs bien. Now, which way?" Karine had alighted the ladder and was stood alongside her Gothitelle, awaiting your next decision. With the environment now well-lit, you find yourself stood on a walkway in the wall of a wide tunnel. Below the walkway is a thin stream of dark water clogged with an unknown debri. With the stream not being too wide, the channel appears like it would be accessible on foot but would not be as simple to traverse as the walkway. Much like the tunnel itself, this walkway extended into the distance in both directions, hugging the wall. As the two of you ponder your choice, Gothitelle jumps before you both, shielding you with her arms.

"We're not alone down here..." Karine murmurs, squinting down into the channel. With nothing to see, she turns to you reassured, "I don't think it's close by, though, I can't see anything..." Her words are quickly turned to nothing as a thick clod of sludge comes bombing towards you and your Pokémon from deeper within the tunnel. With Gothitelle in place to guard from any offense, neither you nor Voltaire are touched by the steaming poisons but this does not come as much of a comfort.

A glance past the defending psychic type Pokémon shows you your foe. In the channel below, a Nidorino comes hurtling into sight, pawing at the ground and clearly perturbed by your arrival. However, unlike the ordinary pink hues of a regular Nidorino, this one appears to be devoid of all colour. Its leathery skin appears to be glowing a pale white and its eyes shine a hollow pink. It doesn't appear to be looking at any one of you in particular but can clearly sense that there are intruders within its domain. As Gothitelle lowers her defences and steps aside so that both you and Karine can get a closer look at the situation, the Poison Pin Pokémon looks right up and snarls menacingly.

"What is this monstrosity? I've known Nidorino to be defensive but this one seems beyond feral..." Karine lowers herself to the edge of the walkway to get a closer look at the strange creature as it begins to pace around below, a low grumbling bellow coming from deep within it, "Do we fight past it or try and avoid it entirely?" Karine looks to her Gothitelle for an opinion from her and then her eyes meet yours.

What will you do?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #235
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Sorry about the lateness of these, I've been busy at work and when i've been at home, my boyfriend has been working on the laptop... until now! ^^

Mama's Mansion ~ Please reply in DarkOrchid

Electric Blue Eye: With a decision made and a path decided upon, your plan and choice of companion doesn't appear to go down all too well with Alfons but he can hardly disagree.

"Don't expect me to just wait around here for you, I might just take my chances on the tunnel..." His words laced with disappointment fall on deaf ears for all intents and purposes as Karine takes you gently and silently by the arm and the two of you make towards the opening in the dark ground. It is her Gothitelle who enters the unknown first, turning to nod at her trainer before gliding above and into the gloom.

Several moments pass before Karine motions towards you to take to the ladder, "Gothitelle says everything is fine for now, she is waiting for us at the bottom." With her words, you feel confident enough to begin your descent. You find the task fairly simple, a ladder is a ladder even if it was leading into who knows what. As you cling to the rungs and take each step one at a time, you find you have reached the bottom in no time. Gothitelle reassures you with a cool hand on the shoulder as you grope around in the darkness for the Pokéball containing Voltaire, your Jolteon tasked with the lighting of the tunnel. His release provides a split second of light with which you see Karine nearing the ground alongside you. In the darkness, you hear the crackling of electricity as Voltaire creates an immense flash of light to illuminate your path.

"Trčs bien. Now, which way?" Karine had alighted the ladder and was stood alongside her Gothitelle, awaiting your next decision. With the environment now well-lit, you find yourself stood on a walkway in the wall of a wide tunnel. Below the walkway is a thin stream of dark water clogged with an unknown debri. With the stream not being too wide, the channel appears like it would be accessible on foot but would not be as simple to traverse as the walkway. Much like the tunnel itself, this walkway extended into the distance in both directions, hugging the wall. As the two of you ponder your choice, Gothitelle jumps before you both, shielding you with her arms.

"We're not alone down here..." Karine murmurs, squinting down into the channel. With nothing to see, she turns to you reassured, "I don't think it's close by, though, I can't see anything..." Her words are quickly turned to nothing as a thick clod of sludge comes bombing towards you and your Pokémon from deeper within the tunnel. With Gothitelle in place to guard from any offense, neither you nor Voltaire are touched by the steaming poisons but this does not come as much of a comfort.

A glance past the defending psychic type Pokémon shows you your foe. In the channel below, a Nidorino comes hurtling into sight, pawing at the ground and clearly perturbed by your arrival. However, unlike the ordinary pink hues of a regular Nidorino, this one appears to be devoid of all colour. Its leathery skin appears to be glowing a pale white and its eyes shine a hollow pink. It doesn't appear to be looking at any one of you in particular but can clearly sense that there are intruders within its domain. As Gothitelle lowers her defences and steps aside so that both you and Karine can get a closer look at the situation, the Poison Pin Pokémon looks right up and snarls menacingly.

"What is this monstrosity? I've known Nidorino to be defensive but this one seems beyond feral..." Karine lowers herself to the edge of the walkway to get a closer look at the strange creature as it begins to pace around below, a low grumbling bellow coming from deep within it, "Do we fight past it or try and avoid it entirely?" Karine looks to her Gothitelle for an opinion from her and then her eyes meet yours.

What will you do?
OoC: Apologizes for the late reply...

stats

It was amazing, to say the least, watching a trainer and her Pokémon commune with each other telepathically. It was amazing simply because in all the time he had spent with his Reuniclus they had never achieved a level of trust for them to do that...Ethan attributing the circumstances behind the way they met. Though it would be pretty hard to trust someone after watching a train full of people die before your eyes one minute, and get attacked out of the blue the next.

Down the rabbit hole they went, with images of monsters and ghouls awaiting them down below. Ethan’s heart skipping a beat as he made his descent, startled when he felt something grab him, and chuckling a bit when he realized it was just Gothitelle placing her hand on his shoulder for reassurance. With the task to light the darken tunnel, Ethan reached for his Pokeball releasing- "Voltaire, please illuminate us some light, Flash" the ball opened revealing a bit of light for a brief second before the sound of electricity could be seen coming off of the Jolteon’s fur "JOLT!" igniting the darkened space.

Karine had just arrived down the ladder, when a decision to see which path would be best was being talked about when the attention of the group turned to the darkness ahead, a low grumbling sound could be heard before some Sludge came hurdling toward them from the same direction, Bombing right in front of them. "What the hell…" Ethan said as he covered his face with his jacket the attack was merely a warning shot but from what- his curiosity getting exactly what it asked for as a Nidorino emerged from the darkness.

Ethan didn't think twice before taking out a purple Pokedex with a great big slash in the mid of it to scan the creature;
Quote:
"Nidorino, the Poison Pin Pokémon," droned the machine, "Nidorino are very easily agitated creatures that use their long ears to listen intently around their surroundings. If they sense a hostile presences the barbs on their back will stand on all ends and immediately challenge whatever it is that’s lurking there. The diamond hard horns on their heads are dripped in poison; hit with a critical blow may leave their opponent badly hurt."
And we’re the hostile presence…

"Pretty sure there’s no point trying to avoid it, seeing as it already knows where we are. The only other options are to take the back route, which would leave a chance for the Nidorino to follow us and who knows what’s back there? Then we would be faced with more than just one problem. No. We have to face it, head on. I doubt we can simply talk to it either, as it looks ready to charge at us at any second pawing at the ground like that. Psychic moves would seem the most effective, working together we might be able to knock it out unconscious so we can move on." Ethan said calmly, before turning his attention to his Jolteon, "Voltaire, try slowing the beast down with your Swift and Pin Missile as your electric attacks won’t work on ‘em. If he manages to get too close a Double Kick should teach it to back off."

The trainer wondered though, if he was doing the right thing by attacking first, the discoloration made the trainer think if the Poison Type Pokémon skin hadn't met the sunlight in some time, making it less accustomed to humans…which would make it more afraid of them not more aggressive…unless they weren't the first ones to be here…? "Karine, just so you know, not all men are ‘battle crazy’ but looking at the situation ahead I think this may be our best bet if we want to make it out of here. I’m open to suggestions."
Old 09-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #236
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

The Tunnels ~ Please reply in DarkOrchid

Electric Blue Eye: As the Nidorino listens to the voices on the platform above, its apparent rage shows no sign of subsiding. As it snorts and growls, a froth begins to form at his maw.

"If we stick to the ledge, I'm sure we'll be safe. The moment we are not will be when Gothitelle shows the abomination what for." Karine lays a reassuring hand upon your arm, "That being said, Voltaire's attacks may be enough to send the beast back the way it came."

With Karine's reassurances and attack orders issued to your Jolteon, the plan begins to unfold before you in a moment. Quick to respond to your command, Voltaire begins to prowl along the lip of the ledge upon which the four of you stand. With the perfect opportunity available, he barks downwards at his foe before formulating and unleashing a flurry of stars from what appears to be his spined coat.

"Direct hit!" Karine cries out, jumping up and down. Her celebration soon subsides as the attack appears to have only served the purpose of enraging the pale Nidorino even more. Though he has quite clearly taken a hit, he seems to only be channeling it into his own battle plan. The spines all over the back of the creature below begin to ooze a thick venom and in a heartbeat the Nidorino fires a flurry of his poisonous stings directly into Voltaire's face.

Recoiling but only truly brushed by the potentially deadly spines, Voltaire begins his second assault. Much like his foe, the Jolteon prepares his own barbed attack, his razor sharp quills sharpening further before firing off at the Nidorino. This attack fails to land, the foe is too busy charging up and down in the tunnel. Though he has taken slight damage, it becomes clear to both you and Karine that this Pokémon isn't going to be scared away by any amount of battling.

"Not a bad round. At least that thing is still at a disadvantage..." Karine muses, her hand sliding to her hip as she ponders the situation at hand, "Let's see if we can persuade him to get moving. Gothitelle, unleash a Psyshock on the beast. Really shake him up."

Before Karine has even finished communicating with words, the Gothitelle begins to muster her psychic energies between her hands. As you, Karine and Voltaire look on, the energy continues to grow and morph before the Psychic-type begins to lose control of the purple mass within her hands. It is at this point when she tosses it down into the tunnel, directly at the foe. With a horrifying cry, the attack makes its impact and the Nidorino quakes in its suffering. With yours and Karine's attacks combined, the Pokémon below appears to be on its last legs.

"Ni..DOOOOO!" The cry echoes throughout the tunnel, bouncing in every direction... including the adjoining tunnels. With this final exertion, the pale Nidorino collapses into an exhausted heap, its breathing becoming sharp and frantic.

"I didn't expect it to have quite THAT effect..." Karine looks between you and her Gothitelle with a hint of guilt upon her face, "I only wanted to calm it down... we need to get out."

As the four of you turn back to the channel and the defeated Pokémon below, each of you recoil in shock. Not only is the Pokémon not present any longer but there are now two new Pokémon in its place, both of them glaring directly up at your group. One of them looks remarkably similar in colouration to the Nidorino, but is the female of the species. Alongside the pale Nidorina stands a much smaller Pokémon: a tiny and slightly withered looking Nidoran. From this distance, you cannot tell which gender the miniscule Pokémon belongs to but it doesn't stop it from being another potential enemy.

"No... not more." Karine appears to be visibly shaken by the sight below. As she turns to meet your gaze once more, her eyes widen and she raises a hand to point.

"...ETHAN! BEHIND YOU!"

Turning on the spot reveals to you what your companion is pointing at. A pale mass appears to be coming towards you at an alarming rate. It isn't long before you can make out what the mass is: a whole horde of insipid Nidoran are making their way right towards your group. Only a handful are approaching your group along the ledge but, unlike the Nidorino and Nidorina, these smaller Pokémon appear more than adept at traversing the walls and ceilings of the tunnel.

With enemies below and their kin fast approaching, there doesn't appear to be a particularly safe option going forward. The ledge does not appear to be as safe an option as before, but the channel still holds its dangers. Voltaire bristles awaiting your next command and Gothitelle positions herself before the three of you, arms spread in a defensive manner.

What will you do?
Old 09-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #237
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
(Let's bring you out of your comfort zone. Instead of your usual MediumTurquoise, let's use... DarkTurquoise! *Evil Cackle*)

DavetheFishGuy:
You’re more than just a bit let down when you find out the great Marc Elsept’s course was two days ago. The flyer was more than comical, the man’s profile covering most of it. He looked ridiculous with his monocle and top hat. He seemed more magician than counsellor. All he needed was a British accent to finish the caricature. And a British accent he had. Still, despite the overdone portrayal of the man, he came highly recommended. The man was a legend after all, famed for connecting to Pokémon in ways no other man could. But today was not going to be the day you’d meet him it would seem.
As if sensing your letdown, Liessa tries to cheer you up a little as she manages to slobber her way up your arm to give you a wet kiss. You smile and pet it in trust, ignoring the passing stares of the locals who’ve rarely, if ever, seen a Kalosian Pokémon before. You crumble the flyer and toss it into the bin next to you.

What were you to do though? Did you even know where you were? All the flyer said was that the course took place in Nemelino Hall in de Bula City. Your Pokédex and map provided you with directions but that was about it.
A small look around at the surrounding area and all you can see is the small unimposing city skyline. An even less imposing building stood in front of it, marking the outskirt of the city. Rotten wood, brown bushes and stained windows was what made up the Nemelino Hall. Its name only identifiable by the chipped letters that crested the top. Behind you though lay a more pleasant sight in the form of a park. Man-made, you were certain of that. The various cherry bushes and oak trees that were carefully planted were slowly being overrun by the plague of palms. In due time, the park will settle and mesh with the area’s tropical climate. But until then, the locals will do their best to maintain the dirt paths that cross the low green hills and vanish into the woods.
Small groups of humans and Pokémon littered the grass field. Some were families on a picnic while others were alone, playing with their Pokémon. All of them though would exchange glances with you and your Goomy every so often. For a place that’s built for peace and tranquillity, the park was more unsettling than it should have been.

“Look Sonia! A Pokémon.” The words were quickly followed by approaching feet. You turn back to see a small teen girl in an orange dress.
“Yes Suzy, I know.” This voice sounded older and clearly irritated and belonged to a slender woman with sharp features. She had hair that was just as dark and skin just as tanned as the little girl. Related perhaps? She couldn’t have been older than you yourself.
“No you don’t,” the little girl insisted. “These are new.”
“What Pokémon are they?” she asks as she looks up to you.
“Suzy, stop pestering the man.” The older one turns to you. “I’m sorry-” Her eyes fall down on your belt of Pokéballs before her face contorts, almost pondering. “Are you a trainer?” Before you ouldn even so much as open your mouth she squeals excitedly. “Oh my god! You are, aren’t you? And you’re from outer town as well.” No need to question how she knew that. Your exotic Pokémon were more than enough proof after all.
She inches up closer. “Will you battle me? You should battle me. A three on three match.” She looks over at your Goomy. “It is a rule after all that when two trainers meet they should have a battle,” she winks at you. When taking another look over you notice her sporting a similar piece of attire as you; a belt with a modest bunch of Pokéballs hanging from them.

You can only stare in disbelief at the abrupt challenge that was laid out in front of you. Jason had troubles of his own as well. The little girl was crouched in front of him, stretching an arm out to touch one of his inflating cheeks. You look again at the taller woman looming over you. It didn’t look like she was going to accept a simple ‘no’ but you had your own agenda to fill when you came to this city. (Serves you right for bringing exotic Pokémon along you big show-off.)

What do you do?
{DarkTurquoise? You monster!}

Before he could figure out what to do with the wasted trip to de Bula City, Dave suddenly found himself beset by strangers. He should have seen this coming - already several locals had shot him dirty glances, as if he weren't welcome. It was certainly a change from the almost welcoming mood of Pastoria City, the residents of which would help strange trainers around the marshy terrain to the Gym, the annual Croagunk Festival, and the depths of the Great Marsh itself.

Here, everyone seemed... judgemental. Jason didn't care and Liessa was too innocent, but the fisherman couldn't help but notice, and it set him on edge. If Angua were here, he'd bet the Houndour would be snarling in unease. But she wasn't, and the other four creatures he had couldn't be trusted out of their PokéBalls. So when something broke the tension, he was grateful, even if it was courtesy of an annoying little girl.

Clad in an orange dress, she eagerly pointed out his companions to someone else. Managing to hide his frustration, Dave looked up before feeling his breath catch in his throat. A young women, about his age, accompanied the girl, with striking features and tanned skin. Obviously locals of the tropical city, the trainer wasn't helped by the fact that he'd never been great around girls. His most extensive encounters to date had been when he'd traded for a Pokémon from Okiku or Noriko.

The younger girl, obviously named Suzy, asked what species his two creatures were. Fighting his nervousness, the trainer managed to reply. "Well, Jason here is a Croagunk, native to the marshes of Sinnoh region, just like myself." he chuckled slightly, before gesturing to his shoulder. "And this is Liessa. She's a Goomy, from Kalos, though I gather that most people aren't too familiar with Pokémon from there yet."

The older girl, Sonia, told her... sister? to stop bothering him, before glancing at his waist. Looking down, Dave followed her gaze to the collection of PokéBalls at his belt. 'Crap.' he thought, knowing what was coming. Sure enough, with the inevitability of the tide coming in, she asked first if he were a trainer, before challenging him to a battle, citing the old 'when two trainers meet' argument. Dave sighed. Didn't everyone know that that rule was about as archaic as a Relicanth? However, a cheeky wink stifled his sarcastic reply in his throat, leaving him with an open challenge of a proper battle.

Looking down, he noticed that Suzy was trying to pinch Jason's cheek sacs, the Croagunk exhaling just in time to deflate them before she could. He knew the Poison-type's temperament - though he were entirely capable of spitting a powerful Gunk Shot into the child's face, he wouldn't unless she actually tried hitting him, or his trainer. He had to think about the proposition. Liessa was too young and inexperienced to battle properly just yet, but Jason would be more than willing to try his luck. This meant that he'd have to use two of the four Pokémon that were liable to disregard his orders, or worse, try to escape.

Maybe... this was exactly what he needed. With a sigh, he locked eyes with the young woman. "Go on then, I accept." he replied, standing from the bench. At his side, Jason unfolded his limbs, standing upright and flexing his fists. "Just don't expect me to put up a great fight. Where do you propose we battle?" he asked, wondering what he was getting himself into...

Old 09-24-2014, 04:27 AM   #238
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
The Tunnels ~ Please reply in DarkOrchid

Electric Blue Eye: As the Nidorino listens to the voices on the platform above, its apparent rage shows no sign of subsiding. As it snorts and growls, a froth begins to form at his maw.

"If we stick to the ledge, I'm sure we'll be safe. The moment we are not will be when Gothitelle shows the abomination what for." Karine lays a reassuring hand upon your arm, "That being said, Voltaire's attacks may be enough to send the beast back the way it came."

With Karine's reassurances and attack orders issued to your Jolteon, the plan begins to unfold before you in a moment. Quick to respond to your command, Voltaire begins to prowl along the lip of the ledge upon which the four of you stand. With the perfect opportunity available, he barks downwards at his foe before formulating and unleashing a flurry of stars from what appears to be his spined coat.

"Direct hit!" Karine cries out, jumping up and down. Her celebration soon subsides as the attack appears to have only served the purpose of enraging the pale Nidorino even more. Though he has quite clearly taken a hit, he seems to only be channeling it into his own battle plan. The spines all over the back of the creature below begin to ooze a thick venom and in a heartbeat the Nidorino fires a flurry of his poisonous stings directly into Voltaire's face.

Recoiling but only truly brushed by the potentially deadly spines, Voltaire begins his second assault. Much like his foe, the Jolteon prepares his own barbed attack, his razor sharp quills sharpening further before firing off at the Nidorino. This attack fails to land, the foe is too busy charging up and down in the tunnel. Though he has taken slight damage, it becomes clear to both you and Karine that this Pokémon isn't going to be scared away by any amount of battling.

"Not a bad round. At least that thing is still at a disadvantage..." Karine muses, her hand sliding to her hip as she ponders the situation at hand, "Let's see if we can persuade him to get moving. Gothitelle, unleash a Psyshock on the beast. Really shake him up."

Before Karine has even finished communicating with words, the Gothitelle begins to muster her psychic energies between her hands. As you, Karine and Voltaire look on, the energy continues to grow and morph before the Psychic-type begins to lose control of the purple mass within her hands. It is at this point when she tosses it down into the tunnel, directly at the foe. With a horrifying cry, the attack makes its impact and the Nidorino quakes in its suffering. With yours and Karine's attacks combined, the Pokémon below appears to be on its last legs.

"Ni..DOOOOO!" The cry echoes throughout the tunnel, bouncing in every direction... including the adjoining tunnels. With this final exertion, the pale Nidorino collapses into an exhausted heap, its breathing becoming sharp and frantic.

"I didn't expect it to have quite THAT effect..." Karine looks between you and her Gothitelle with a hint of guilt upon her face, "I only wanted to calm it down... we need to get out."

As the four of you turn back to the channel and the defeated Pokémon below, each of you recoil in shock. Not only is the Pokémon not present any longer but there are now two new Pokémon in its place, both of them glaring directly up at your group. One of them looks remarkably similar in colouration to the Nidorino, but is the female of the species. Alongside the pale Nidorina stands a much smaller Pokémon: a tiny and slightly withered looking Nidoran. From this distance, you cannot tell which gender the miniscule Pokémon belongs to but it doesn't stop it from being another potential enemy.

"No... not more." Karine appears to be visibly shaken by the sight below. As she turns to meet your gaze once more, her eyes widen and she raises a hand to point.

"...ETHAN! BEHIND YOU!"

Turning on the spot reveals to you what your companion is pointing at. A pale mass appears to be coming towards you at an alarming rate. It isn't long before you can make out what the mass is: a whole horde of insipid Nidoran are making their way right towards your group. Only a handful are approaching your group along the ledge but, unlike the Nidorino and Nidorina, these smaller Pokémon appear more than adept at traversing the walls and ceilings of the tunnel.

With enemies below and their kin fast approaching, there doesn't appear to be a particularly safe option going forward. The ledge does not appear to be as safe an option as before, but the channel still holds its dangers. Voltaire bristles awaiting your next command and Gothitelle positions herself before the three of you, arms spread in a defensive manner.

What will you do?
stats

Baby Nidoran were beginning to converge on all sides, allowing the group very little time to celebrate on what should have been a victory on taking care of the beast. But the Nidoran's final cry had brought a whole new problem...

Could it be, these are all his children...? the trainer thought, as he sunk into the back of the cold hard wall…What have I done? This Nidorino was a father, he saw us as a threat...everything he did was for the sake of his family…he wasn't the monster…we were! this thought made the trainer feel incredibly ill, when he turned and found the Nidorino had somehow disappeared and found it to be replaced with a Nidorina and a seemingly smaller Nidoran, Ethan couldn't help but feel guilty. "I'm sorry- I never meant, no. I couldn't have known…" anything he said now was pointless though…he needed to find a way out of here, apologizing wasn't going to change a thing, they were going to be bombarded on at any moment and he needed to think of a plan.

Ethan slapped himself back to reality, I'm not the monster here. Monica is- none of this would have happened if she hadn't taken my Viola. I swear, I bet she's watching us and laughing her ass off…

"Is this the kind of game you had in mind all along?! I'll make sure to wipe that smug face if its the last thing I do!!" Ethan said enraged, he was sure the witch somehow had eyes on them, watching their every movement.

He breathed in deeply before trying to relax his nerves, he wasn't about to let his buttons be pushed. He wasn't some kind of puppet to be manipulated by string, and he wasn't going to let his next move be more brute force, he was better then that.

Turning to his right side to find his only ally in this, Karine and her Gothitelle, at his left was Voltaire, his loyal pup. Ethan then looked straight ahead at the icky sewer water, it was the only option they seemed to have It's not like I'm wearing my best suit and tie...or anything he sighed.

"Karine, there's no other way of going about this. I'm afraid what I have in mind may get your beautiful dress torn and dirty, we have to see where the stream takes us." he said before grabbing hold of her hand and giving both his Pokemon and hers a look, "Things are about to get messy, I hope you can swim," he added with a brave smile, "If not I got the Pokémon just for the job," looking below his belt to his Munchlax. "Everyone, jump!"

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 09-24-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #239
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

(I’m not sure how you want to play the disobedient clause. I can lend full responsibility to you or I can go for some RNG roll to determine whether your Yanma and Murkrow obey your orders. Or I could just go as I please. Your choice this case in what you’d prefer)

DavetheFishGuy:
Sonia gave a warm smile to your response. “Where do we battle? Why right here of course.” Before you could even continue, she runs a couple feet down the street before coming to a standstill and turning back. “Come on!” she shouts impatiently. “Take your place on the other side. Don’t worry about the traffic. No car uses this road anymore.”
Suzy still squatted in front of Jason, her arms recoiled from when he suddenly deflated his cheek pouches. He stands up slowly but confidently, flexing his muscles as if in preparation for what was about to come.
“Suzy, get to the side,” her older sister yells at her. “Before you get hurt.” Though Suzy pouts at her older sister she nevertheless obeys and takes a few steps towards the park’s edge.
“Good luck Sonia! Don’t hurt the Croagunk too much. He’s funny.”

By the time you reach your supposed stand, Sonia is already clutching her first Pokéball, ready to toss it into the air. “Since I’m the challenger, that means I’ll send out my Pokémon first.” Her wrist flexes in a quick motion to hurl the all too familiar red and white ball through the air. At its peak it explodes into a bright flash of red light that contracts and forms a single shape.
“Hoot-hoot!”
The voice came as if from nowhere but you understood almost immediately. In front of you stood a strange white and brown bird, perching itself on one leg while staring ever so calmly at you with its big eyes, waiting for a response.

What do you do?

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 12-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #240
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Delibird Merry Christmas!

Missingno. Master: Kaden's smug look turned to one of uncertainty as his sumo beast gathers himself, rising up once again to face his foe. "Finish him, Tyson!" the Rocket grunt bellows. Looking back at your Shuppet, Helena still stands firm, taking in your orders before staring down her foe.

"Hariyamaaaaa!" Tyson roars, charging in with his full battered body. "Shu-ppeeeeeet!" Helena cries out as well, a massive orb of purple energy forming between her and her adversary. The Hariyama is a mere few feet away as the attack is launched.

A loud Pop! echoes through the storage room as you anxiously look inside to see an unmoving Tyson covered in gunk. Helena as well has a few streaks of gunk plastered across her body as she frighteningly looks up at the beast before her. Did she do it? Is the Hariyama defeated?

A few seconds later and you hear a groan. Tyson keels over, unconscious and unable to fight any longer. Before you can congratulate your sister, a red beam shoots through the opening in the wall and returns the fallen Pokemon. "You won't get away with this," the defeated trainer barks, the loss having damaged his ego. He runs over to an array of buttons on the wall and smashes the bright red one. Within a moment, loud sirens boom across the speakers in the hideout.

"My comrades will be here shortly and they'll dispose of you," Kaden grins.

You fear the worst as the doors slam open, but it wasn't Rocket employees and Grunts who charge in. To your relief, you see blue uniforms with golden badges attached their chests and recognize them as police officers. A female officer with blue hair steps forward as a squadron of vicious Growlithe surround Kaden, it's Officer Jenny!

"Grunt, you are under arrest for taking part in black market dealings of Moo Moo Milk and the subjugation of Gilded Town to the influence of Team Rocket."

A few officers step forward and handcuff the baffled Grunt. "What is the meaning of this?! Where are the other Rockets?!" Kaden shouts. You and Meowth were curious as well, but remained silent as the officers handled their business.

"We've arrested them as well. This town will no longer be controlled by Team Rocket. Take him away, boys," Jenny smirks. Kaden calms himself before looking straight at you, "You'll pay for this, Keith. I'll find a way out eventually, and oh, you will be so sorry. Mark my words," he cackles as the officers take him away to face justice.

Officer Jenny then looks over to you and walks forward to speak, "And I assume you're the one who defeated him while we took care of his teammates. You have the police department's humble thanks," she reaches forward to shake your hand. You wonder how the police found the hideout and got here just in time, and Jenny smiles as she sees the look on your face.

"We initially came here to investigate the rumors of Tauros attacks this area has been facing, but what we hadn't realized was that this town was being controlled by the Rockets. They removed the townspeople's freedom and ability to contact the outside in the process. Even the mayor was working for them, but worry not, we've taken all those responsible into custody. We'll pay extra attention to this town as they elect a new Mayor and legislature. The Miltank will be nursed back to health before they're returned to their homes," she takes in a deep breath, easing a smile and finishing her explanation, "You've done these Miltank and this town a great service. Not only that, but you helped thwart an underground business that has been funding Team Rocket's operations. I cannot thank you enough."

---

You climb back up to the town to see a swarm of citizens, officers, and news reporters. You look around to see smiles and cheers awaiting you as you rise out of your sewer entrance. The formerly dull and low-spirited civillians all seemed to be cheering for you as an attractive young news reporter approaches you with her cameraman. Word seems to have spread fast. "Excuse me, sir. You've become quite a hero to these people, you have the town's thanks. If you have time for a quick question, what are your thoughts now that Team Rocket has been removed from control of Gilded Town?"

You answer your question before gathering your belongings. You're pretty contempt with the job you've done and you're assured that the town will be in safe hands now. You look over to your Meowth for reassurance, and with a smile, you continue on with your journey. The gilded colors of the town shimmering ever brighter and radiant with the setting sun. All in a day's work for Keith Masters.

~~~~

OOC: Hope you enjoyed the adventure, MM! I'm so sorry about the insane amounts of waiting, but with life's duties and my lack of motivation in many cases, the duration of the wait lasted much longer than it should've. Regardless, I'm glad I saw to finishing this adventure and hopefully helped some of your characters grow along the way!

Last edited by Charminions; 12-23-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #241
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master: Kaden's smug look turned to one of uncertainty as his sumo beast gathers himself, rising up once again to face his foe. "Finish him, Tyson!" the Rocket grunt bellows. Looking back at your Shuppet, Helena still stands firm, taking in your orders before staring down her foe.

"Hariyamaaaaa!" Tyson roars, charging in with his full battered body. "Shu-ppeeeeeet!" Helena cries out as well, a massive orb of purple energy forming between her and her adversary. The Hariyama is a mere few feet away as the attack is launched.

A loud Pop! echoes through the storage room as you anxiously look inside to see an unmoving Tyson covered in gunk. Helena as well has a few streaks of gunk plastered across her body as she frighteningly looks up at the beast before her. Did she do it? Is the Hariyama defeated?

A few seconds later and you hear a groan. Tyson keels over, unconscious and unable to fight any longer. Before you can congratulate your sister, a red beam shoots through the opening in the wall and returns the fallen Pokemon. "You won't get away with this," the defeated trainer barks, the loss having damaged his ego. He runs over to an array of buttons on the wall and smashes the bright red one. Within a moment, loud sirens boom across the speakers in the hideout.

"My comrades will be here shortly and they'll dispose of you," Kaden grins.

You fear the worst as the doors slam open, but it wasn't Rocket employees and Grunts who charge in. To your relief, you see blue uniforms with golden badges attached their chests and recognize them as police officers. A female officer with blue hair steps forward as a squadron of vicious Growlithe surround Kaden, it's Officer Jenny!

"Grunt, you are under arrest for taking part in black market dealings of Moo Moo Milk and the subjugation of Gilded Town to the influence of Team Rocket."

A few officers step forward and handcuff the baffled Grunt. "What is the meaning of this?! Where are the other Rockets?!" Kaden shouts. You and Meowth were curious as well, but remained silent as the officers handled their business.

"We've arrested them as well. This town will no longer be controlled by Team Rocket. Take him away, boys," Jenny smirks. Kaden calms himself before looking straight at you, "You'll pay for this, Keith. I'll find a way out eventually, and oh, you will be so sorry. Mark my words," he cackles as the officers take him away to face justice.

Officer Jenny then looks over to you and walks forward to speak, "And I assume you're the one who defeated him while we took care of his teammates. You have the police department's humble thanks," she reaches forward to shake your hand. You wonder how the police found the hideout and got here just in time, and Jenny smiles as she sees the look on your face.

"We initially came here to investigate the rumors of Tauros attacks this area has been facing, but what we hadn't realized was that this town was being controlled by the Rockets. They removed the townspeople's freedom and ability to contact the outside in the process. Even the mayor was working for them, but worry not, we've taken all those responsible into custody. We'll pay extra attention to this town as they elect a new Mayor and legislature. The Miltank will be nursed back to health before they're returned to their homes," she takes in a deep breath, easing a smile and finishing her explanation, "You've done these Miltank and this town a great service. Not only that, but you helped thwart an underground business that has been funding Team Rocket's operations. I cannot thank you enough."

---

You climb back up to the town to see a swarm of citizens, officers, and news reporters. You look around to see smiles and cheers awaiting you as you rise out of your sewer entrance. The formerly dull and low-spirited civillians all seemed to be cheering for you as an attractive young news reporter approaches you with her cameraman. Word seems to have spread fast. "Excuse me, sir. You've become quite a hero to these people, you have the town's thanks. If you have time for a quick question, what are your thoughts now that Team Rocket has been removed from control of Gilded Town?"

You answer your question before gathering your belongings. You're pretty contempt with the job you've done and you're assured that the town will be in safe hands now. You look over to your Meowth for reassurance, and with a smile, you continue on with your journey. The gilded colors of the town shimmering ever brighter and radiant with the setting sun. All in a day's work for Keith Masters.

~~~~

OOC: Hope you enjoyed the adventure, MM! I'm so sorry about the insane amounts of waiting, but with life's duties and my lack of motivation in many cases, the duration of the wait lasted much longer than it should've. Regardless, I'm glad I saw to finishing this adventure and hopefully helped some of your characters grow in along the way!
This was it. The battle was to be decided here and now. Helena and Tyson were both almost out of HP, the next attack would decide things. The Hariyama charged in for a final attack. "Helena! Gunk Shot!" Keith exclaimed, desperately calling for the most powerful Poison move in existence.

The next two seconds were the longest hours of Keith's life. Tyson was getting closer and closer as Helena charged up the purple glowing trash bag. The Hariyama was mere feet away by this point, and then Helena unleashed the Gunk Shot-

POP

Glowing garbage flew in every direction. Helena had gotten caught up in the blast, but seemed to have gotten off easy, compared to Tyson. The Hariyama was still standing, but not moving. Keith couldn't bear it, he couldn't take the wait for Tyson to react in some way, in any way.

And then... At long last, Tyson keeled over, collapsing to the ground with a pitiful groan and an earth-shaking crash. "Sweet!" Keith exclaimed, but before he could say anything to Helena, the transparent red recall beam came through the hole in the wall as Kaden withdrew his Hariyama. He stepped in through the hole, insisting to Keith that he wouldn't get away with it. "Oh, won't I?" retorted Keith. "Meowth, Fury Swipes!"

"Roger dat!" Meowth grinned, claws already extended, but before he could jump off of Keith's shoulder, Kaden had reached a section of wall loaded with buttons, and hastened to press a big red one. Even before the sirens started, Keith knew this wasn't good- I mean, in the history of big, red buttons, since when has pressing one ever resulted in anything good?

"Not good," Keith murmured. Kaden grinned at this, informing Keith that his comrades would soon be here to dispose of him. Keith said nothing in response, but slowly reached for his belt, preparing to call out as many Pokémon as it would take to fend off the oncoming onslaught. Aside from Helena and Meowth, he still had his Scolipede, his own Hariyama, his Dustox, and his Muk on hand. Helena was obviously in no state to battle any further, but the other five were still good to go.

And yet, even with this comforting thought in mind, Keith flinched at the sound of the door bursting open, but instead of the hordes of Rocket Grunts he had been expecting, instead he saw a sea of blue uniforms and gold badges- police officers! An Officer Jenny even stepped forward to place Kaden under arrest as a pack of police Growlithe surrounded him. This being his first encounter with the Fire-type, Keith took out his Pokédex.

"Growlithe, a Puppy Pokémon," droned the device. "It repels intruders by barking and biting, but is friendly and loyal to people."

Once the Pokédex finished speaking, Keith pocketed the device, just in time for Officer Jenny to explain to an outraged Kaden that she had already arrested his fellow Rocket Grunts, causing Keith, Meowth, and Helena to exchange gleeful looks. Kaden, on the other hand, didn't look quite so gleeful. He swore vengeance on Keith, vowing to eventually escape prison and that when he did, Keith would be sorry. "Oh, eat my shorts," Keith retorted. "You escape and come after me, it's you who'll be sorry."

Meowth nodded. "Wat he said!" he added.

"Enjoy your prison cell!" Helena added, a satisfied smirk on her face at the sight of a member of Team Rocket facing justice. "I hope they starve you like you starved these Miltank!"

Once Kaden was taken away, Officer Jenny approached Keith, asking whether he was the Trainer who defeated Kaden. Keith nodded, and Officer Jenny gave him the police department's humble thanks. "I..." said Keith. "It... it was no problem, but... but how-"

Jenny interrupted, however, and answered the question before Keith could finish it- they had been investigating the unusual number of Tauros attacks in the area, only to discover that Gilded Town was in fact under Team Rocket control. They arrested everyone responsible for keeping the town in Team Rocket's grip, and in conclusion, Jenny stated that she couldn't possibly thank Keith enough for all he had done- not just saving the Miltank and the townspeople, but also bringing to an end an underground operation that served to fund Team Rocket as a whole.

"Well, I don't deserve all the thanks," Keith replied modestly. "There's no way I'd have been able to do this without Helena here," he said, glancing at the Shuppet beside him, who smiled back at him."

The walk back through the sewer was a lot less dark and forbidding than before. As Keith climbed back out of the sewer and into the sunlight, he was met with the sight of citizens, cops, and even news reporters. "Wow," Meowth remarked. "News sure travels fast around here."

"No kidding," nodded Keith.

It was at that moment a reporter and her cameraman approached Keith. She asked him for his thoughts now that Team Rocket no longer had any control over Gilded Town.

"Well, I'm relieved," Keith replied. "I'm glad to know that those horrible people are no longer in control of this town, and I'll sleep well at night with the knowledge that they're gonna be rotting in cells like the very Miltank they imprisoned. However, my Pokémon deserve just as much credit as I do. Maybe even more," he said, smiling at Meowth and Helena, who in turn smiled at Keith, then turned to smile at the camera. "They're my friends, my trusted partners, and I don't know what I'd do without 'em." At that point, he produced a Poké Ball and tossed it into the air, sending his Hariyama back out. "And Helga here, too," Keith added, putting an arm around the Fighting-type. "I couldn't have done this without her." It took all of Helga's resolve to not cry at these words, but the look she gave Keith spoke volumes about how much said words meant to her.

Once all the media attention was done with, the time had come for Keith to leave Gilded Town. He had gathered his belongings, allowed his Pokémon some much-needed rest and recovery, and now he could leave knowing he left the town a better place.

Keith tossed a Poké Ball into the air. "Let's ride, Salazar!" he exclaimed as the dark grey Scolipede materialized in a flash of light.

"Scolipeeeeede!" Salazar exclaimed as he stood before Keith, all set to ride. Keith climbed onto the Bug/Poison-type's back, with Meowth still on his shoulder.

"Well, Meowth, let's go home," said Keith. "It's been an exciting day, but now I need some rest."

"I second dat," nodded the Scratch Cat Pokémon. "I don't tink I could'a handled much more excitement den dat all in one day."

"Yeah," nodded Keith. "Besides, we should make sure we're rested up for whatever adventures await us tomorrow."

"Ohhh, boy," Meowth groaned, not even wanting to think about more adventure at this point. It was then that Salazar was off, galloping off towards Keith's Secret Base, riding off into the sunset.

*Adventure complete!*

OOC: Thanks for updating me, Charm! I enjoyed the adventure thoroughly, and the updates were always worth the wait. It was an excellent opportunity for some character development, particularly for Helga and Helena, and I was especially glad for the opportunity to evolve Helga into a Hariyama.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-23-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #242
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quote:

Ex-Admiral Insane: With your flurry of questions regarding the upcoming tournament, Keeley sighs and rolls her eyes as the old man holds up his hands to attempt to slow you down a little, chuckling at your brimming enthusiasm as he does so.

"Okay, okay, I know I'm the go-to guy for information, but let's take this one question at a time..." Melvin took a breath before beginning to relay what he knew regarding the męlée, "The tournament is being held in the centre of the park, they have fashioned an arena in one of the sporting fields."

As he speaks, Melvin motions for you and Keeley to follow him as he begins to toddle towards the gates of the park. Once you are both side by side and looking through into the gardens beyond, he points into the distance,

"Just go straight across, it'll be hard to miss. Sign-ups are to be taken at the entrance to the arena." With one final glimmering smile, the old man places a hand upon your arm, "Good luck. You too, Keeley. Would you mind taking our new friend to the tournament? I'll still be here when you both get back..."

Unamused by the prospect, but heading in that direction anyway, Keeley gives the man a firm nod, "Don't think I wont be back, though." She smirks at Melvin who waves you both away in as friendly a manner as one can be shooed from another's presence.

"Alright, I'm not babysitting you, just follow me and we'll arrive in no time flat..." Keeley had already began to head towards her destination as her words trailed off behind her. Keeping up with her would have proved simple enough but the park was much akin to its sprawling metropolis of a brother: it was jam-packed with people and Pokémon alike.

The walk towards the tournament fields leads the two of you through an ornate garden, decorated with statues of important figures and their Pokémon. To your right, you spot what looks to be a knight clad in a fine black armor, flanked by his equally armoured Mightyena companion. To your left, a statue of a beautiful woman in godly robes is situated amongst the greenery, trailed by a graceful Gardevoir. Children and living Pokémon weave amongst the garden and play in the fountains without a care in the world, a strange sight given the shocking information you have recently learned.

"Okay, we're here!" Keeley's voice booms just ahead of you where she has taken to standing on a bench to see over the forming crowds to where you are standing, "I've already signed up, you'll have to go to the tent over there with your chosen Pokémon..." The girl points off into the distance and you crane to spot a large marquee with several tables set up below. All around the tables gather willing trainers and their companions, eagerly awaiting the upcoming battles. With your focus on the tournament, it isn't long before you have crossed the lawns to the tent and are greeted by one of the sign-up clerks.

"Okay, name, home town, chosen Pokémon." The clerk does not even take the time to look at you before thrusting a form and a pencil upon the table between you both. A glance down at the paper you are required to fill in shows you that the tournament will involve you using one Pokémon for its entire duration. That made sense, everyone else seemed to just have one Pokémon with them in and around the tournament grounds.

Who will you choose?
(Sorry this took forever. Just to be clear; it’s not because of your updating (in case I accidentally made you feel like that), it’s all me. I’m really liking this adventure thus far and I do want to complete it. I added a bit more of my own Pokémon’s antics throughout the reply so that I wouldn’t just be copy pasting your update the whole time. Plus I felt I should write a bit more after being away so long. So sorry if this reply seems a little me-me-me this time. Wait, why am I apologising? Why am I even writing this? I’m just cataloguing random thoughts at this point. You know what, just go with it. Again; sorry this took so long to reply to, I love what you’ve written so far, aaaaand I think I’m going to stop right here. Yes, I’m going to stop mumbling.. right.. about.. n-.)

-----

"Okay, okay, I know I'm the go-to guy for information, but let's take this one question at a time..." Melvin was trying his best to calm Lucas down while chuckling at the young trainer’s brimming enthusiasm.

He took a deep breath before continuing: "The tournament is being held in the centre of the park, they have fashioned an arena in one of the sporting fields." He motions for both Lucas and Keeley to follow him as he walks towards the park’s gates.

Doom sprang up from sniffing Melvin’s feet. His curiosity for Melvin’s shoe smell got him distracted enough to forget they belonged to someone. While his trainer was following Melvin, Doom and Floss decided to go for something different and more interesting. Both having lost their interest in the newcomers almost as quickly as they had found it. A lone insect-Pokémon flapped past them and it didn’t take long for the two of them to find a new object of interest to give chase to.

The last of Lucas’ Pokémon, the Bellsprout, unquestioningly waddled after his trainer, protecting his bulbous head from hitting the ground with each step once again.

Lucas could barely notice what was going on behind him as he focussed on Melvin’s words. As far as he was concerned, nothing was wrong as long as he could hear Doom and Floss’ continuous shouts of joy.

“Just go straight across, it'll be hard to miss. Sign-ups are to be taken at the entrance to the arena." Melvin gave a last smile to them before sending the two off. "Good luck. You too, Keeley. Would you mind taking our new friend to the tournament? I'll still be here when you both get back..."

"Don't think…”

Keeley’s displeased voice was lost on Lucas who was looking around for his Pokémon. Hood’s was closeby, his head coming to a close standstill, while Doom and Floss were a few feet removed. The two were stumbling around each other as Doom kept pulling at the Swirlix’s candy coat. Upon looking closer, Lucas could note that the Absol’s horn was hooked in the sticky string.

“Abs,” he moaned as he swiped at Floss. All that did though was get his foot stuck as well.

“Swix!” Floss yelled. The attack must have hurt Floss in the process. The two were fighting and pulling at each other rather than trying to untangle themselves.

Sigh, Lucas thought to himself. Had Rags been here, he would have dealt with the situation.

"Alright, I'm not babysitting you,” Keeley’s voice boomed next to him. “Just follow me and we'll arrive in no time flat..." Her voice trailed off as she started heading towards the park. Glancing behind him, Lucas could see the two tumbling around each other and making an even bigger mess of their situation. In one quick decision he dived towards them, scooped the two off from the ground and ran after Keeley before she could notice. Thank god Doom wasn’t full grown yet.

Along the way, Lucas wrestled with Doom’s paw and crest, both of which continued to remain candy-coated for most of the walk. Hood’s head remained ever-present as it bobbed behind them, giving a confirming ‘Bell’ and ‘Sprout’ with each step. Together with Keeley’s fast pacing, the walk had become decidedly less casual as the group manoeuvred around passing folks, children and Pokémon. The park was about as jam packed as the rest of the city. Lucas would have thought it strange considering the reports of missing children but he was too focussed on untying his Pokémon to think much more about it.

They ended up walking through an ornate garden with statues lining the path to Lucas’ left and right. A noble knight and his two Mightyena guarded his right, while a serene lady and her Gardevoir flanked his left. He couldn’t help but smirk and think back of Rags upon seeing the statues. His Gallade, the other evolution of the Ralts line, hated Mightyena. He looked back down at the small figure of Doom and Floss lying in his arms as he finally managed to unhook the Absol’s crest. He gave a small sigh of relief at that. It was as if everything around him reminded him of his partner Pokémon Rags and how he managed to keep the group out of too much trouble. Lucas was starting to miss him and regretted not brining him with him on this adventure. Still, things started looking up by the time they arrived at the tournament grounds.

"Okay, we're here!" Keeley announced to them. And not a moment too soon. Doom and Floss practically leapt out Lucas’ arms once he managed to wring Doom’s paw out of Floss’ coat. The little Absol started pawing the ground as if attempting to remove any remaining stickiness.

Keeley had already climbed up high on a park bench before she pointed into the distance. "I've already signed up, you'll have to go to the tent over there with your chosen Pokémon..."

Lucas didn’t need to be told twice. He took a few quick steps before looking back at his Pokémon to make sure they were all there. “1..” he started counting out loud as he tapped the Bellsprout on his head, initiating the metronome-like trance once again. “2, and 3,” he pointed at Floss who was licking loose strings of candyfloss from Doom’s head. Doom was looking decidedly less happy about it than Floss was.

With all three accounted for, Lucas sped off to the tent with a newfound enthusiasm. “Come on you three!” he shouted as he ran off. The Swirlix jumped in response as she paused her midday snacking to give chase to her trainer. Doom straddled along, taking a break every few steps to paw bits of floss from between his claws. Hood ran at a quicker pace than usual, causing his head to almost collapse behind him.

-----

"Okay, name, home town, chosen Pokémon," the clerk behind the desk said. He handed Lucas a pen and pencil and left him to it without barely even a look at him. The sign-in sheet showed the tourney requirements. For this tournament, he was only going to be using one Pokémon. Lucas couldn’t help but frown at the paper. He was looking forward to testing all of their battle capabilities, not just the one. Still though, better than not having enough Pokémon with him for the tourney.

The three Pokémon were back to their own habits again. Hood’s bobbing head was now only nodding. A weak ‘Bell’ and ‘Sprout’ was all he could manage after the run. Floss was continuing with licking candy floss from Doom’s head. Doom was, meanwhile, trying to get away from Floss. If Lucas could only choose one Pokémon, he’d have to chose one that he felt was most battle ready. And between the three of them, that was going to be...

He made his decision and drew two Pokéballs from his belt. “Doom. Hood. Return.” Two beams of light cast themselves on the Pokémon, turning them into a red aura that fizzled out of existence and retracted back to the Pokéball. Floss was left to collapse onto the ground as her Absol support was missing.

“Floss.” Her trainer looked towards her. “How would you like to battle in this tournament?”

“Swirl!” The Swirlix leapt up at the idea and cleaned herself off from any remaining dirt. “Swirl swirl swirlix,” she said as she jumped up and down, exhibiting he Jolly nature.

It was decided. Floss was a good choice for this tourney after all. She had grown the strongest out of the three and had been taught more than just the standard moves to protect herself And to add to that, Lucas smirked to himself. The people here are probably not too familiar with chocolate attacks, fairy types or Kalosian Pokémon. Lucas filled in the sheet and threw it down hard on the desk with a confident smile.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 03-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #243
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
(I’m not sure how you want to play the disobedient clause. I can lend full responsibility to you or I can go for some RNG roll to determine whether your Yanma and Murkrow obey your orders. Or I could just go as I please. Your choice this case in what you’d prefer)

DavetheFishGuy:
Sonia gave a warm smile to your response. “Where do we battle? Why right here of course.” Before you could even continue, she runs a couple feet down the street before coming to a standstill and turning back. “Come on!” she shouts impatiently. “Take your place on the other side. Don’t worry about the traffic. No car uses this road anymore.”
Suzy still squatted in front of Jason, her arms recoiled from when he suddenly deflated his cheek pouches. He stands up slowly but confidently, flexing his muscles as if in preparation for what was about to come.
“Suzy, get to the side,” her older sister yells at her. “Before you get hurt.” Though Suzy pouts at her older sister she nevertheless obeys and takes a few steps towards the park’s edge.
“Good luck Sonia! Don’t hurt the Croagunk too much. He’s funny.”

By the time you reach your supposed stand, Sonia is already clutching her first Pokéball, ready to toss it into the air. “Since I’m the challenger, that means I’ll send out my Pokémon first.” Her wrist flexes in a quick motion to hurl the all too familiar red and white ball through the air. At its peak it explodes into a bright flash of red light that contracts and forms a single shape.
“Hoot-hoot!”
The voice came as if from nowhere but you understood almost immediately. In front of you stood a strange white and brown bird, perching itself on one leg while staring ever so calmly at you with its big eyes, waiting for a response.

What do you do?
{Honestly I don't mind either way. I'm happy to have them disobey myself but if you want to DM them doing so feel free!}

Dave's eyes widened slightly in surprise. Talk about a street fight... either way, he wasn't about to back down. Jason at his side, he walked to a position opposite his challenger, along the disused road, and turned to face her. Sonia was obviously raring to go, already palming a PokéBall that she prepared to throw outward. He nodded, knowing the protocol for battles, and watched as she lobbed her device into the air.

The cascade of bright energy was familiar to any Trainer. It poured through the air to reveal a spherical Pokémon, with stubby wings and a single foot protruding, along with eyewear similar to ornate glasses. One of the basic bird Pokémon that plagued early trainers - Hoothoot. Of course, he couldn't comment. He had a Raticate for Arceus' sake.

Jason flexed his muscles at the sight of the bird, wanting to work against a type-advantage, but Dave patted him on the head. "No, I get the feeling I'll need you later, buddy." he stated, fumbling for a PokéBall of his own and producing it. He stared at the orb, knowing what-- knowing who was inside. "Let's make this an aerial battle. Susan, let's go!"

He also chucked the sphere skyward, another stream of light revealing his choice. A black, winged form materialised in the air, a pointed crest adorning its head like a witch's hat, while a scruffy black tail seemed to resemble a broomstick. The Murkrow cawed loudly, eyeing its fellow Johtonian Flying-type, before wheeling around to stare at her trainer with piercing red eyes.

The fisherman couldn't help but flinch, but quickly shook it off. "Alright Susan, I know you don't like me, but I think we've got a chance to prove how well we can work together here." he stated, watching the corvid turn up her beak with a snort of derision. "Come on, just give me this chance. We can win this!"

He had no way of knowing whether she'd follow his orders, or if she'd just turn around and fly off as soon as she could. Uxie knows she'd tried enough times. "Try closing in with Quick Attack, then nail Hoothoot with Drill Peck. Finish off with Confuse Ray!" he commanded, hoping that she'd just trust him this once...

Old 05-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #244
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

DavetheFishGuy:
As much as your Croagunk wanted to prove his strength against a type disadvantage you dissuade Jason from rushing in, thinking you’ll need him for later. Instead you opt for one of your…less obedient Pokémon. After plucking a Pokéball of your own, you shout out to Sonia that you’re going for an aerial battle. Not but a mere moment after a black feathered Pokémon materializes from her Pokéball and flies into the air, cawing menacingly as it stares at her opponent. The Murkrow’s gaze swiftly turns back to you though with death in her eyes.

Despite trying to encourage your Pokémon to work together, the Murkrow merely snorts back at you. It was clear that she wasn’t going to make this battle any easier for you. Even then, you shout out your orders to start the match and hope for the best.

"Try closing in with Quick Attack, then…”

But the Murkrow was already off, finding a single order to be enough for now.

Susan banked to her right to catch the wind in her wings before disappearing into a black blur. In an instant she had flown to the Hoothoot’s side where she pelted the owl Pokémon on the head as swiftly as she could.

So far so good.

Susan grips onto the Hoothoot wings with her talons and proceeds to attack with her beak. Rather than listen to you and take advantage of the situation to give a strong blow in the form of Drill Peck, the Darkness Pokémon defies you and gives a series of smaller Peck attacks.

“Hoot!” the Owl Pokémon exclaims in pain. The Hoothoot hops around from foot to foot as it tries to shake Susan off, her lone left wing flapping wildly. But Susan doesn’t let go and continues pestering the Pokémon with more Peck attacks.

“Athena!” You hear Sonia shout from the other side of the street. “Throw it off with Uproar!”

The Hoothoot tries to regain her balance and stops flapping her wing. Susan merely fastens her pecking, becoming more mean-spirited as she plucks feathers from her opponent. “Hoot,” the Hoothoot breathes in a large gulp of air into her rotund body.

“HOOOOOOOT!”

The Hoothoot’s voice bellows down the street and drowns out Susan’s agonizing caw as she’s forced to let go and find some distance from the bird Pokémon. The Murkrow hops a few pathetic steps away while cluctching her head in her wings as much as she can. Not long after the Uproar attack does she reel around and snarl at her opponent. She gives a threatening caw and obeys your last orders for a Confuse Ray as her eyes glow an even more demon-like red than before.

“Quick Athena, Foresight.” Likewise, the Hoothoot’s eyes glow red and just as Susan releases a burst of light towards her opponent, Athena releases her own. The Hoothoot’s light flashes across the entire street, forcing everyone to cover their eyes as it’s brilliance easily drowns out the light from the Confuse Ray. The Hoothoot’s Foresight was clearly stronger than that of a regular wild Hoothoot. A few seconds later, Sonia shouts out to continue the battle.

“Now ours chance Athena. Hypnosis.” While you and Susan both regain your sight, you find the Hoothoot giving off a blank stare at the two of you, it’s head rhythmically turning clockwise with mechanistic ticks before turning back.

“Hoot…” You hear the Owl Pokémon as if it were quietly whispering in your ear.

“Hoot…”

“Hoot…”

“Hoot…”

Though it feels like the seconds are passing by quickly, you can’t help but feel groggy yourself. Susan remains standing on the street, slightly nodding left and right in rhythm with the Hoothoot. Even Jason by your side seems entranced by the Owl Pokémon.

“Hoot…” Strangely, you feel very relaxed and disinterested in battling. More like you want to take a nap yourself. “Hoot…”

“Hey Sonia!” A voice snaps you out of your own trance. It was Suzy, who was standing on the side of the street. “That’s not fair!”

Sonia rubs her temples in slight shame. “Sorry, but it was too easy not to try she says.” What on earth where they talking about? You feel a little drowsy still but you can easily manage to stay awake. You take a look at Susan who hasn’t moved from her spot. Athena had stopped her attack but the Murkrow was still nodding left and right, looking close to falling asleep. It was impressive to say the least to see a Dark-type affected so severely by a simple Hypnosis attack.

The two girls were still bickering about unfairness. It’s clear that Susan wasn’t going to follow your orders to a tee. Never mind that, Susan was about to be knocked into sleep! An almost instant knock-out in one round. You’re already disadvantaged it would seem but is that a reason to stop? Sonia turns back to the battle to continue but,

What do you do?

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-12-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #245
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"...and it'll be a perfect opportunity for you to try out your new moves. What do you think?"

In response to these words, the Weedle on Keith's shoulder said nothing at first. Her Trainer had just mentioned a tournament for Pokémon battling to be held on this day, and had voiced the idea of entering said Weedle.

"I could enter dat ting instead," offered the Meowth on Keith's other shoulder- speaking, remarkably enough, in perfect English.

"Meowth, I already entered you in the Summershine Cup, though," Keith argued.

"Yeah- ya mean da Summershine Cup wat dat got called off halfway trough da first round?" demanded Meowth. "I ain't had da chance ta make so much as a dent in dat Lunatone!"

"Alright, point taken," Keith sighed, rolling his eyes. "But still, Hermione hasn't really had a chance to do much with her new attacks. She needs the battling experience, too."

"Weedle, Weedle," Hermione nodded in agreement.

"Alright, youse gots a point," Meowth conceded. "Let's just hurry up and get ta dis- uh, Keith?" he added.

"Hmm?" Keith said. In response, Meowth pointed towards a sign that had been put up beside the road. "What have we here?" Keith murmured. "'Attention to all would-be participants in today's tournament'... blah blah blah... rescheduled?!" Keith exclaimed. "They're moving the tournament to next week!"

"Weedle?" Hermione exclaimed, perusing the sign herself- as it transpired, the stadium in Goodbattle Town, where the tournament was scheduled to take place, needed to undergo what they referred to as "emergency renovations".

"'Emergency renovations'," Keith read to himself. "Sounds to me like some big Pokémon destroyed the place, if you ask me. Well, looks like our schedule for today just cleared up," he added with a sigh. "What do you guys want to do?"

"Weedle Weedle, Weedle Weedle Weedle," Hermione spoke up at once.

"Hermione's right," Meowth added. "We's close enough ta da town dat we might as well check it out, see wat else dere is ta do dere."

"Works for me," agreed Keith. "And I do hear that a lot of people in town tend to like battling, so perhaps you'll get some experience today after all, Hermione."

"Weedle," Hermione responded, sounding excited at the prospect as Keith continued down the road which led into town.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:47 PM   #246
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Telusian Fields - Please reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:
Excited to test your Weedle’s battle capabilities, you have ventured into new and unknown lands in search of a tournament. To your disappointment however, the tournament has been rescheduled. Still you press on hoping to reach the next town. Impatience and ambition have warred and the latter has won.

Here it is the height of summer. The sky is a stark white; overcast, to you and your team’s relief, but the humidity is almost as oppressive as the scorching sun you’d almost acclimatised to. Flat plains stretch out as far as the eye can see, the soil cracked and dry. Supposedly this is farmland. You don’t see any farmers.

As you crest another hill however, the landscape is noticeably different. Your Meowth whoops with joy as he rushes forward to sample an orchard of Pecha trees! They stretch out as far as the eye can see, plump with berries. They’re not yet ripe however, and as you recall Pecha Berries fall off the branch when ripe, rendering them useless, unless picked beforehand. The plantation looks like someone’s livelihood, but you ponder the merits of swiping a few to snack on later. It’s not like anybody would notice after all, given the size of the orchard, and it’s their fault for planting around a road anyway. Easy pickings for would-be thieves.

“Weedle!” Hermione suddenly calls for a halt. Stopping for awhile, you quickly realise why. Voices drift through a thicket of trees to your left.

“Just imagine Ron’s face when he notices half his Pechas have gone missing,” one man laughs. His voice is deep and mildly accented with a regional twang you can’t identify. “Serves him right for stealing our water.”

“A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. I sure hope to Arceus he blames it on a poor crop. Save us all the trouble of suspecting each other. He puts an Arcanine on his property, soon there’s a Houndoom on ours, and a Salamence on his, and it all goes, ‘bang!’, when everybody’s sneaking around trying to outdo the other. You can’t live like that. We can’t live like that.”

“We already are, Josh, that’s the thang! Ever since that goddamn Tyranitar showed up.”

“That goddamn Tyranitar.” The man — Josh — sighs, long and resigned.

“If only that bastard at the police station…”

Josh’s laugh was mirthless. “Yer, well, the quicker we pick these Pechas the sooner we get out of here.”

“Amen to that, brother.”

You and your team sneak through the orchard, trying to get a better view. Luckily the men, chatting away, don’t seem to notice the sound of trodden grass or a broken twig here and there. Eventually you grow close enough to see the two men through the orchard. You gasp. They’re surrounded by massive buckets of Pechas. Each man, as you watch, makes their way systematically down the row of Pecha trees, carting stepladders as they go. Nearby a Claydol hovers lazily, levitating yet more Pecha Berries into its own bucket with its Telekinesis. A few berries is one thing, but this operation looks almost commercial!

“Nona, take ‘em back,” the taller man with the deep voice orders. The Claydol levitates three buckets into the air and, careful not to spill any precious Berries, Teleports away with a vacuum ‘pop!’. Soon the Claydol reappears, empty-handed. As it does it twists around a little, alerted by something unseen. Chances are that something is you.

Your gut feeling says if you left now, you'd be safe from whatever the two men have in store.

What will you do?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:39 PM   #247
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis_kid99 View Post
Telusian Fields - Please reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:
Excited to test your Weedle’s battle capabilities, you have ventured into new and unknown lands in search of a tournament. To your disappointment however, the tournament has been rescheduled. Still you press on hoping to reach the next town. Impatience and ambition have warred and the latter has won.

Here it is the height of summer. The sky is a stark white; overcast, to you and your team’s relief, but the humidity is almost as oppressive as the scorching sun you’d almost acclimatised to. Flat plains stretch out as far as the eye can see, the soil cracked and dry. Supposedly this is farmland. You don’t see any farmers.

As you crest another hill however, the landscape is noticeably different. Your Meowth whoops with joy as he rushes forward to sample an orchard of Pecha trees! They stretch out as far as the eye can see, plump with berries. They’re not yet ripe however, and as you recall Pecha Berries fall off the branch when ripe, rendering them useless, unless picked beforehand. The plantation looks like someone’s livelihood, but you ponder the merits of swiping a few to snack on later. It’s not like anybody would notice after all, given the size of the orchard, and it’s their fault for planting around a road anyway. Easy pickings for would-be thieves.

“Weedle!” Hermione suddenly calls for a halt. Stopping for awhile, you quickly realise why. Voices drift through a thicket of trees to your left.

“Just imagine Ron’s face when he notices half his Pechas have gone missing,” one man laughs. His voice is deep and mildly accented with a regional twang you can’t identify. “Serves him right for stealing our water.”

“A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. I sure hope to Arceus he blames it on a poor crop. Save us all the trouble of suspecting each other. He puts an Arcanine on his property, soon there’s a Houndoom on ours, and a Salamence on his, and it all goes, ‘bang!’, when everybody’s sneaking around trying to outdo the other. You can’t live like that. We can’t live like that.”

“We already are, Josh, that’s the thang! Ever since that goddamn Tyranitar showed up.”

“That goddamn Tyranitar.” The man — Josh — sighs, long and resigned.

“If only that bastard at the police station…”

Josh’s laugh was mirthless. “Yer, well, the quicker we pick these Pechas the sooner we get out of here.”

“Amen to that, brother.”

You and your team sneak through the orchard, trying to get a better view. Luckily the men, chatting away, don’t seem to notice the sound of trodden grass or a broken twig here and there. Eventually you grow close enough to see the two men through the orchard. You gasp. They’re surrounded by massive buckets of Pechas. Each man, as you watch, makes their way systematically down the row of Pecha trees, carting stepladders as they go. Nearby a Claydol hovers lazily, levitating yet more Pecha Berries into its own bucket with its Telekinesis. A few berries is one thing, but this operation looks almost commercial!

“Nona, take ‘em back,” the taller man with the deep voice orders. The Claydol levitates three buckets into the air and, careful not to spill any precious Berries, Teleports away with a vacuum ‘pop!’. Soon the Claydol reappears, empty-handed. As it does it twists around a little, alerted by something unseen. Chances are that something is you.

Your gut feeling says if you left now, you'd be safe from whatever the two men have in store.

What will you do?
"Yeesh," sighed Keith. "This friggin' weather..."

"I thought youse was used ta hot weather?" Meowth replied. "Growin' up in Lavaridge Town and all dat?"

"Hot weather I can handle," said Keith. "The humidity is a whole other swarm of Yanma."

"Yeah, I'm wit ya dere," agreed Meowth as they continued onwards. Nothing but flat plains lay before them, with cracked, dry soil. Farmland, Keith speculated in his head, though if this was indeed farmland, then where were all the farmers?

As this thought crossed Keith's mind, he managed to make it to the top of a hill, and the sight before him made him rub his eyes in disbelief, for fear of it being but a mirage. However, that fear was soon dispelled- Meowth was whooping for joy, and Keith supposed that they couldn't both be seeing the exact same mirage... right?

Meowth jumped off of Keith's shoulder and ran towards that which Keith supposed he wasn't the only one to see- an orchard, positively packed with Pecha trees! And the trees were packed with berries! Keith dashed after Meowth as the Normal-type came to a tree by the side of the road.

"Hold up a second, Meowth," Keith said. "These trees probably belong to someone. It wouldn't be right to just swipe these berries. Besides, they're not even ripe yet- Pecha Berries fall off the tree when they're ripe, and these aren't going anywhere by the looks of it."

"Weedle," Hermione nodded, though Keith couldn't help but notice that she too seemed to find the berries highly appetizing. She sniffed at the berries with her large nose, and seemed to like what she was smelling.

"Ehh, it ain't like we're gonna steal da whole crop," Meowth reasoned. "I'm tinkin' we just take one fer each of us, just so's we don't keel over in da road, ya know?"

"I dunno, it still doesn't feel right," Keith murmured. "Maybe-"

"Weedle!" Hermione whispered suddenly. Keith stopped talking and instead listened, and sure enough, he soon learned what had caught Hermione's attention- voices. Two of them, coming from a thicket of trees just to the left. And as Keith listened, his look of disgust grew more pronounced- these men that were speaking seemed to be speaking about stealing the Pecha Berries. And not just one or two for the sake of survival, as Meowth had suggested- no, right away, one of the men established their plan as swiping half of the Pecha crop, as a simple act of revenge so petty not even a Shuppet would approve. It made Meowth's idea sound positively saintlike in comparison!

Keith continued to listen, and as he did, his disdain for these men continued to grow. From what he could gather, it seemed the men were from another farm, locked in a rivalry with this one, and from the sounds of things, they seemed to be resorting to progressively more ruthless and potentially illegal tactics to one-up each other. Keith knew he had to get a better look, so he stealthily crept through the orchard. He couldn't help but recall the last time he had to be this stealthy, way back in the Forest of Adventure. Well, fortunately, this time he wasn't assigned the task of killing anybody by a clan of ninjas, though he had a feeling he wasn't going to be letting them get off easy either. Of course, the whole thing was possibly rendered moot by the fact that the men didn't seem to bother listening for intruders. And as they finally came into view, Keith gasped, silently mouthing some choice swearwords in Shuppet language- the pair of men were surrounded by huge buckets of Pecha Berries! They were systematically going down the rows of Pecha trees with stepladders and buckets, as though intent on plucking every last Pecha what that grew on these trees. An odd brown Pokémon was floating nearby- Keith had seen such a Pokémon before, near the desert back in Hoenn- a Claydol. It was using Telekinesis to pick even more Pecha Berries and fill yet another bucket with them.

"Dis is unbelievable," Meowth whispered. "Dey're tryin' ta steal every last one o' dat Ron guy's berries!"

The taller of the men ordered the Claydol, apparently nicknamed Nona, to take the Berries away. Nona obliged, carefully levitating three buckets of Pechas into the air before Teleporting away with the lot of them. And then, the Ground/Psychic-type reappeared, minus the buckets. When it did, it seemed to stiffen somewhat, twisting in midair a little, almost as though... almost as though it sensed something. Such as an intruder listening in. Gee, I wonder where it might get that idea.

At first, Keith considered quietly leaving. He had a gut feeling that he'd be spared from having to get involved in this mess if he just left now. But on the other hand, this kind of thievery, especially when taken to such extremes, enraged Keith. Maybe he wanted to step in and try and stop those men from stealing the Berries. Well, stop them from stealing any more than they already got, anyway- he figured the three bucketfuls Nona Teleported away were as good as gone, but at least he might be able to stop any further thievery.

Briefly wondering whether he was completely insane for doing so, Keith stepped out of his hiding place. "Hey!" he called to the men. "I don't know whose berries these are, but from what I've heard, I sure as hell know they're not yours!" Meowth, standing by Keith's side, nodded his agreement, his claws extended and ready for action should trouble arise.

"Weedle!" Hermione exclaimed, in agreement with her Trainer.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:49 AM   #248
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Telusian Fields - please reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:

You reprimanded Meowth for his impulse to swipe some Pecha Berries, teaching him a thing or two about human notions of property and ownership. Few Pokémon after all are aware of such ideas. Theft after all is a crime, and one that benefits the criminal at the cost of someone else. But Meowth’s would-be crime is minor compared to the operation going on in front of your very eyes, and the moral qualms you had earlier on build into pure moral outrage. Anger, they say, is blinding, and before you know it you’ve stepped between the Pecha trees that were your hiding place, and out into the open.

“Hey! I don’t know whose berries these are, but from what I’ve heard, I sure as hell know they’re not yours!”

Both men nearly fall off their ladders. Exchanging a glance, it’s the shorter man who speaks. His voice is gentle, soothing. “Hey, kid, what are you on about? We’re farmers. This is our land. These berries aren’t ours, that’s true, but that’s because we’ll ship them out to be sold.”

“Naw, he’s just looking for a fight.” The taller man climbs down his ladder, conveniently standing between you and Nona with the buckets of berries. He toys with a Pokeball at his waist. There’s two in all. “Say, kid, we’re a bit busy here as you can see. But since I’m such a nice bloke, how about we have a quick battle, one on one.” He releases a Skiploom, which flies out with a joyous cry and settles on the ladder in its trainer’s place.

“Ed, put that thang away, it’s giving me diabetes just looking at it.”

“She should be flattered. Her beauty is blinding.”

“Not as blinding as your face, I reckon.”

“Why, that would be my brilliant smile.”

“Or so he says.”

“Aha! You’ve got nothing to say. I should win an award.”

“How about a wooden spoon.”

Ed rolls his eyes, then turns to you. "So, kid? What do you say?"

It’s clear the grand entrance you had perhaps envisioned has been swept aside and dismissed, leaving you feeling rather deflated. The pair have chosen to pretend as if they’re doing nothing wrong. Not only that, they’ve made themselves an excuse to release an extra Pokemon to protect them. The thing is... you yourself don’t have any proof of their wrongdoing, and even if you did, who’s around to listen? Goodbattle Town is still an hour away. One thing’s for certain. You know what you heard and saw. Even moreso when you spy Nona the Claydol further back behind the man called Ed, levitating yet another two buckets with its Telekinesis, ready to whisk them away…

What will you do?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #249
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis_kid99 View Post
Telusian Fields - please reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:

You reprimanded Meowth for his impulse to swipe some Pecha Berries, teaching him a thing or two about human notions of property and ownership. Few Pokémon after all are aware of such ideas. Theft after all is a crime, and one that benefits the criminal at the cost of someone else. But Meowth’s would-be crime is minor compared to the operation going on in front of your very eyes, and the moral qualms you had earlier on build into pure moral outrage. Anger, they say, is blinding, and before you know it you’ve stepped between the Pecha trees that were your hiding place, and out into the open.

“Hey! I don’t know whose berries these are, but from what I’ve heard, I sure as hell know they’re not yours!”

Both men nearly fall off their ladders. Exchanging a glance, it’s the shorter man who speaks. His voice is gentle, soothing. “Hey, kid, what are you on about? We’re farmers. This is our land. These berries aren’t ours, that’s true, but that’s because we’ll ship them out to be sold.”

“Naw, he’s just looking for a fight.” The taller man climbs down his ladder, conveniently standing between you and Nona with the buckets of berries. He toys with a Pokeball at his waist. There’s two in all. “Say, kid, we’re a bit busy here as you can see. But since I’m such a nice bloke, how about we have a quick battle, one on one.” He releases a Skiploom, which flies out with a joyous cry and settles on the ladder in its trainer’s place.

“Ed, put that thang away, it’s giving me diabetes just looking at it.”

“She should be flattered. Her beauty is blinding.”

“Not as blinding as your face, I reckon.”

“Why, that would be my brilliant smile.”

“Or so he says.”

“Aha! You’ve got nothing to say. I should win an award.”

“How about a wooden spoon.”

Ed rolls his eyes, then turns to you. "So, kid? What do you say?"

It’s clear the grand entrance you had perhaps envisioned has been swept aside and dismissed, leaving you feeling rather deflated. The pair have chosen to pretend as if they’re doing nothing wrong. Not only that, they’ve made themselves an excuse to release an extra Pokemon to protect them. The thing is... you yourself don’t have any proof of their wrongdoing, and even if you did, who’s around to listen? Goodbattle Town is still an hour away. One thing’s for certain. You know what you heard and saw. Even moreso when you spy Nona the Claydol further back behind the man called Ed, levitating yet another two buckets with its Telekinesis, ready to whisk them away…

What will you do?
To Keith's surprise and irritation, his appearance didn't seem to have quiiiiite the impact he'd been hoping for. Rather than getting all defensive, telling him to get out if he knew what was good for him, or something to that effect, she shorter man spoke soothingly to Keith, lying about how this was their land, and that they were simply picking berries that they'd grown to ship them out to be sold. The older man then stepped between Keith and Nona, and claiming Keith to simply be a kid looking for a fight, sent out a tiny green Pokémon Keith only took as a further insult- a Skiploom.

Keith was pretty steamed right about now. Not only did they not seem to be taking him seriously, calling him a kid when he was friggin' twenty-five years old, but they seemed to think a Skiploom was all they'd need to defend themselves against him! Skiploom were notorious for being so lightweight that their Tackle attack served them little better than their Splash attack. And not only that, they seemed to be under the impression they were dealing with an idiot- Keith knew what he heard! They thought this little act was gonna fool him? But now wasn't the time to dwell on that, Keith knew. He knew Nona was about to Teleport away even more buckets of berries. And then, a plan came to Keith- a way to stop Nona, at least for the time being.

"Alright," Keith said to the men. "You guys want a battle? You got a battle. In fact, why don't you let me make the first move?" he added, producing a Poké Ball from his belt and tossing it casually into the air. "Norbert, come on out," he said with a small smirk.

The ball split open, unleashing a flash of light which formed itself into the Pokémon Keith referred to as Norbert. "HAAAAAXOOOOOOOOR!!!" bellowed Norbert- who was, in fact, a very big, very strong, Haxorus.

Keith smirked even more as Norbert roared loudly. Perhaps this would give the men an idea of who they were trying to mess with here. And then he opened his mouth to put his impromptu plan into action. "Norbert, use Taunt- on the Claydol!" he ordered, pointing at Nona. Yes, he thought, that would work nicely, at least for now- Pokémon under Taunt's influence would be too riled up to bother using any moves that didn't directly result in damage, meaning Nona would be too incensed to use Telekinesis or Teleport. "Then once it drops those buckets, let it taste your X-Scissor, and follow up with Aqua Tail! And don't think I've forgotten you," he added, turning to face the Skiploom before exchanging glances with the Weedle on his shoulder. "Think you got this one, Hermione?" he asked.

"Weedle, Weedle," the Hairy Bug Pokémon nodded before crawling down Keith and onto the ground, whereupon she assumed a fighting stance that Keith would have found humorous were he not aware of what Hermione was capable of.

And soon, these men would be aware of what Hermione was capable of, too. Keith would see to that. "Hermione, start off with String Shot, then stick Skiploom with a Gummi Bomb. Follow that up with an Ice Beam!" he exclaimed.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:14 AM   #250
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Telusian Fieldsplease reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:
Ed and Josh balk when they see the terrifying Haxorus, fully grown and roaring loudly. From your face it must be clear that there’s nothing lighthearted in the battle that’s about to unfold, unlike how Ed and Josh had been just now. “Hey hey hey,” Ed protests. “What the hell are you doing? I said a battle, not dinner!”

“‘Kid’, huh,” Josh says, his smile strained and slipping. “Looks like that kid’s travelled way further than you have.”

“Are we really going to debate my choice of words?” Ed turns to you. “I don’t know why you’re so angry but put the Haxorus away and let’s talk, alright? Nobody gets hurt, everybody wins.”

But you’ve already given your orders. Norbert Taunts the Claydol, vile Pokéspeak pouring out of his mouth in a language few can understand, but the Claydol understands well enough, and its hold over the buckets wavers. Success! ...or maybe not, when in a flash Nona grabs them again with the stronger Psychic, and launches them at your Haxorus! The first bucket slams Norbert across the face, almost bowling him over, and he roars again this time in pain before the second strikes! It’s a hit across the torso. Pecha Berries fly everywhere and as Norbert staggers for real, Ed runs in to salvage what’s left, risking his life in the process. No sooner has he grabbed the half-empty buckets than does Norbert recover, stomping over to the Claydol to give it a solid X-Scissor. The Claydol cries out in pain, no longer furious, and again when Norbert’s Aqua Tail lands, the startlingly accurate Haxorus that he is.

Josh finally intervenes. “Nona, use your Dazzling Gleam!”

The Claydol looses a burst of pink energy, Dazzling Norbert while injuring him further. Both Pokemon have suffered huge blows this round, while it’s clear Norbert has the upper hand, perhaps due to a hidden level advantage.

Meanwhile you’ve tasked Hermione with battling the errant Skiploom. The Weedle’s String Shot flies out with pinpoint accuracy and the Skiploom is well and truly ensnared, the light creature struggling like a balloon in a windstorm as it tries to break free, succeeding, but not before Hermione’s Gummi Bomb hurls into it with a messy splat.

“Oh all right, we’ll have a battle, you and me. But leave Nona out of this, alright? She’s a worker, not a fighter. Means she’s worth money to us farmers.”

Ed continues, “Skippy! Aerial Ace and Sleep Powder, make it quick.”

Skippy is clearly weighed down by the sticky mass clinging to her, but it doesn’t inhibit her mobility too much as she zooms in for an Aerial Ace. The hit strikes true and Hermione reels. Incited, she rears up for an Ice Beam! Poor Skiploom is left to cope with its double weakness as it skids away. Luckily for her, there’s no lasting ice to deal with. You wonder where the Sleep Powder went; it must’ve been blasted away by the Ice Beam.

Tackle the ground or somethang! Get that stuff off ya!”

Although it wouldn’t ordinarily have worked, the Ice Beam seems to have left the gluey Gummi Bomb hard and rather fragile. It smashes across the hard dirt and… doesn’t explode. Ed sighs with relief.

“Alright Skippy, keep your distance. Cotton Spore, then two Confusions.”

Nearby, it seems Josh has taken charge of Nona the Claydol. “I’m not cut out for this,” he sighs. “Alright Nona. Imprison the Aqua Tail, then Rock Tomb, then take the chance for a Cosmic Power.”

To you he shouts, “Come on boy, call off your Haxorus. If yer just looking for a fight, there’s Goodbattle Town just down the road. Let us lowly farmers make a living, eh?”

You suddenly realise your whole ‘charge-out-of-the-bushes-and-attack’ routine has made you appear more than a little demented.

What will you do?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records