Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Ghost pupper

Ghost pupper!

GHOST PUPPER *slams fists on table*
Old 05-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I think we'll be hearing about the Switch's version of Pokémon Bank. Here's what I want out of it;

-Free with Switch online subscription
-Connects to your 3DS version of Bank for one-way transfer from Gen 6/7 games
-Allows for transfer from GO, Let's Go Pikachu, and Let's Go Eevee.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #29
phoopes
Double Dragon

Something I heard mentioned was the last time there was a Pokemon press conference there was a new Mystery Dungeon game announced. Like I'm most likely already getting a switch (can't believe I've waited this long) for Fire Emblem and Sword and Shield (along with the usual suspects like BOTW, Mario Kart, etc.) but like another Mystery Dungeon game would turn the switch from a must-have into a MUST must-have for me
Old 05-27-2019, 10:49 AM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Something I heard mentioned was the last time there was a Pokemon press conference there was a new Mystery Dungeon game announced. Like I'm most likely already getting a switch (can't believe I've waited this long) for Fire Emblem and Sword and Shield (along with the usual suspects like BOTW, Mario Kart, etc.) but like another Mystery Dungeon game would turn the switch from a must-have into a MUST must-have for me
I thought the last Pokémon Press Conference is what announced Quest and Let's Go, not a new Mystery Dungeon.

Frankly, I'm less enthusiastic about Mystery Dungeon these days. Never completed Super Mystery Dungeon, just lost interest. Never took to how they changed how you recruit Pokémon. And spinoff Pokémon games just in general these days have been either mobile games or disturbingly close to same. Is it too much to ask to just make one payment and own the entire game, no in-game purchases?
Old 05-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #31
phoopes
Double Dragon

yeah MM I just looked it up and I can't really find anything about it, just took a YouTube comment I saw at face value lol

Something I'm hoping for/king of expecting are the box legendaries, final starter evolutions, and highlighting some places on the map. Like a feature on those stadium/colosseum looking things
Old 05-27-2019, 02:03 PM   #32
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
The rumours say there's going to be a Battle Frontier-like area and Galar is going to be a 4 year region instead of the 3 year cycle we all know and hate.

I'm betting on obnoxious Go integration making it into this game. I.e., being able to trade your Pokemon exclusively from Go.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:44 PM   #33
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Nah I reckon we'll get a lot on Bank and probably confirmation that the voucher shit will work for them, plus a couple of earlygame mons. Maybe legends at most.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:16 PM   #34
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Nah I reckon we'll get a lot on Bank and probably confirmation that the voucher shit will work for them, plus a couple of earlygame mons. Maybe legends at most.
Definitely think we can expect the version mascots soon. Even if not names, at least what they look like. The first proper S/M trailer showed us Solgaleo and Lunala even if they didn't name them (and their names had already leaked previously anyway, if memory serves).
Old 05-28-2019, 08:33 PM   #35
phoopes
Double Dragon

So no details on Sword and Shield (not surprising since I guess those will come at E3) but lots of other various and sundry stuff revealed. I'm going to hold my thoughts until I see a fully translated into English version of all the stuff except for one thing...

Spoiler: show
You KNOW I'm going to be rocking the shirt with the Magikarp design, that's fly as hell
Old 05-28-2019, 11:43 PM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, we did get some info that's relevant to SwSh at the very least- Pokémon Home, the Switch's successor to Pokémon Bank. Allows transfer in from Bank, GO, and Let's Go, thereby fina-friggin'-lly giving us official confirmation once and for all that GO and Let's Go stuff will be movable into traditional main series titles. Including the Shiny Snorlax I would've caught today in Let's Go Pikachu, except that terrible teal tub-o-lard couldn't stick around for just half a second so I could actually throw the Master Ball! Why, yes, I am saltier than a side of fries about that, however did you guess!
Old 05-28-2019, 11:56 PM   #37
Emi

Isn't the Magikarp design not happening because of the art contest thing, or am I mistaken?
Old 05-29-2019, 12:00 AM   #38
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Isn't the Magikarp design not happening because of the art contest thing, or am I mistaken?
Nah this is a separate thing. Here's the link to the press conference, you can see the collection of shirts right at like 31:22. The Magikarp design I was talking about is at the top
Old 05-30-2019, 10:28 PM   #39
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Well, we did get some info that's relevant to SwSh at the very least- Pokémon Home, the Switch's successor to Pokémon Bank. Allows transfer in from Bank, GO, and Let's Go, thereby fina-friggin'-lly giving us official confirmation once and for all that GO and Let's Go stuff will be movable into traditional main series titles.
Correction: GO and LGPE will be transferable to SS, but I don't think there will be much GO/LGPE transferring to the handhelds even if you have backward compatible Pokemon. Home to me spells the end of Bank, and there will be a grace period where everyone updates their Banked Pokemon to the Home Cloud, after which Bank will be discontinued. This will soft sever all times to the handheld era.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-31-2019, 01:09 AM   #40
Miror
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Correction: GO and LGPE will be transferable to SS, but I don't think there will be much GO/LGPE transferring to the handhelds even if you have backward compatible Pokemon. Home to me spells the end of Bank, and there will be a grace period where everyone updates their Banked Pokemon to the Home Cloud, after which Bank will be discontinued. This will soft sever all times to the handheld era.
I think by "traditional main series titles," Sword and Shield were what were being referred to and not the 3DS (the conference made it fairly clear that everything could transfer to Home but Home will only transfer to Sword and Shield). Since, you know, Sword and Shield are traditional main series titles.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:22 PM   #41
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Yeah, I was referring specifically to SwSh there, sorry for not being clearer on that. I thought they made it pretty clear Home wouldn't be able to transfer back into Bank, GO, or Let's Go, and that's about what I was expecting from the Switch's Bank equivalent even before it was announced in any case.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:09 PM   #42
phoopes
Double Dragon

Actually I didn't really think of that. With Pokemon Home being a thing they probably are going to discontinue Bank after a certain time (maybe not for awhile, but still). They're going to cut off 3DS support eventually and this seems like the replacement. Which means for now we're fine to still be able to transfer our precious childhood Gen 3 'Mons up to Sword and Shield (looking at you Torchy the Blaziken lol) but it won't always be that way. Like in a bit someone picking up the Gen 3 games for maybe the first time wouldn't be able to transfer their 'Mons all the way up due to the "soft sever" that would happen once Home takes over and Bank is discontinued. Which is kind of sad actually But I guess it was going to happen eventually.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:21 PM   #43
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Ooh... that's a pretty sad thought. I'd be so disheartened if I were to find any Shinies in earlier games and wouldn't be able to transfer them forward due to Bank shutting down. I really hope Bank sticks around. Or at the very least, I hope that if they discontinue Bank's servers, they give it one last update to make it store the Pokémon directly on the 3DS instead.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 PM   #44
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Dream World was shut down not long into Gen VI right? I remember that the whole thing was botched and led to stupid things like the Johto Beasts getting Inner Focus as the same hidden ability. Doing so permanently crippled a lot of the Gen V features that relied on it.

If history repeats, you'll only have a small window to transfer from the bank to Home.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-31-2019, 11:40 PM   #45
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

water absorb cune, lightning rod zapdos, and shadow tag chandy.

the good ol days of DW OU.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #46
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
water absorb cune, lightning rod zapdos, and shadow tag chandy.

the good ol days of DW OU.
This was still one of my favorite formats ever. Deo-Speed was still legal in OU (and after it got banned Deo-Defense was still legal) so I'd run a hyper offense team with that as my lead and abuse all the powerful attackers out there. Like, at that point Keldeo was still legal too lol. Good times.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:18 PM   #47
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Dream World was shut down not long into Gen VI right? I remember that the whole thing was botched and led to stupid things like the Johto Beasts getting Inner Focus as the same hidden ability. Doing so permanently crippled a lot of the Gen V features that relied on it.

If history repeats, you'll only have a small window to transfer from the bank to Home.
But they didn't cripple backwards compatibility, whereas shutting down Bank would. I should hope that by now they know exactly what sort of shitstorm from the bowels of hell they'd be in for if they cut off backwards compatibility like Ruby and Sapphire did. People would riot.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #48
Emi

I mean, they removed the GBA Port from the 3DS, which makes it a lot more difficult to transfer GBA Pokemon to any game because it still requires a normal DS, and that was met with pretty much little if any backlash. What'll happen is there will be a roughly 3-4 month grace period most likely where Bank Pokemon will be able to be transferred over to Home, and then they'll end Bank. Bank is inevitably going to end. They're continually shown that they will remove console support and servers and will eventually render the 3DS and its ilk obselete for any thing other than local play.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:05 PM   #49
phoopes
Double Dragon

I mean on the bright side people invented a workaround for Nintendo WFC for the DS and Wii. I'm sure something similar will happen this time around.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:19 AM   #50
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I mean, they removed the GBA Port from the 3DS, which makes it a lot more difficult to transfer GBA Pokemon to any game because it still requires a normal DS, and that was met with pretty much little if any backlash. What'll happen is there will be a roughly 3-4 month grace period most likely where Bank Pokemon will be able to be transferred over to Home, and then they'll end Bank. Bank is inevitably going to end. They're continually shown that they will remove console support and servers and will eventually render the 3DS and its ilk obselete for any thing other than local play.
Difficult- not impossible. There's a difference. By the time they started making types of DS that didn't have a GBA port, most people who cared about transferring up from Gen 3 already had a device what met that need, or else was still able to acquire one somehow. To this day, it's still possible, even if not the easiest of things to accomplish. But if they end Bank, every main series game from gens 3 through 7 other than Let's Go are cut off from SwSh and onward forever. When they announced Home- hell, when they first announced Bank, if memory serves- they made a point of assuring us that they know how important backwards compatibility is to us fans. It might become more difficult over the years due to discontinuing certain pieces of hardware, but I feel like they'd draw the line at outright stopping it at any point. We were pissed when Ruby and Sapphire pulled that and they know it.

If ever they discontinue Bank's online capabilities, they'll first convert it so it stores Pokémon directly on the 3DS or something, I'm willing to bet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News