UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Swoobat FB Q&A Thread

Hello everyone,

FB may still be very much in development, but in the interest of having a "FAQ"-style thread for members to ask questions, this thread has been developed.

Please note that, as of right now, a full list of rules has not been drafted. As items are finalized in the development thread, we will work towards an official rules list. Until then, please bear with us, as we may not have solid answers for every question, but this will hopefully change as we progress in the coming weeks!

Link to Rules & Guidelines.

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 10-12-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Might as well put this thread to good use. Just wanted to clarify something.

For the Springtime Event, are you allowed to go back to an egg after you move on, or is it no longer an option if you find another egg?
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
Might as well put this thread to good use. Just wanted to clarify something.

For the Springtime Event, are you allowed to go back to an egg after you move on, or is it no longer an option if you find another egg?
If you pass on an egg to get a new one, you cannot go back to the first egg.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #4
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
If you pass on an egg to get a new one, you cannot go back to the first egg.
That's what I thought, thanks for the quick response, Marion!
Old 05-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

Sorry, this is a super scrubby sort of question, but given that my member post is from ~gen 3 era, what do I do in terms of updating movesets? Are moves my team knew before still valid? Should I follow gen 7 movelists for everything else?

My team also doesn't have all their Natures assigned, and I don't think any of them were ever given Abilities... How much will these matter in FB: Now Under New Management? Can I just assign them myself at my leisure, or is there a deadline or some sort? Do I need to make a public post somewhere acknowledging their assignments/does a mod need to confirm anything?
AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
>Moveset
All Pokémon will gain moves they would have learnt from the gen7 level-up moveset. You do not lose previously learnt moves.

>Natures and Abilities.
You were free to declare this for a Pokémon whenever you felt like it and you can do ao now if you want to. You cannot however switch between natures and abilities at free will afterwards. The only exception to this is that members may now grant their Pokémon their HA as I think has been decided that they can be given to starter Pokémon and we want to relax the restrictions on this.

You do not need to link to these things any more. People hate linking, and you will only have to do this for your currency records and any transaction involving them.
As to how much they'll matter; mostly for battles I believe but other than that it's up to your updater how they let it influence. Feel free to be imaginative with them.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #7
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

That was super fast, thanks EAI! Don't worry, no intention of switching Natures/Abilities.

One follow up: I don't even know if this is the case with any of my team, but if my Pokémon could have learned a move in gen 4/5/6, and didn't because of my inactivity, is that move now "unlearnable" to them?
AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #8
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshsBabyLapras View Post
That was super fast, thanks EAI! Don't worry, no intention of switching Natures/Abilities.

One follow up: I don't even know if this is the case with any of my team, but if my Pokémon could have learned a move in gen 4/5/6, and didn't because of my inactivity, is that move now "unlearnable" to them?
Yes, you can. Others have been able to apply those moves over the past few years with each new generation, so you should be able to as well. Keep in mind, you can only apply moves they would have theoretically known now in those generations. When your Pokemon level up you can only use the Sun and Moon level-up moveset.

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-08-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So to clarify, we're now allowed to change our Pokémon's Abilities to their Hidden Abilities if we so choose?

On a similar note, what of Gengar? Will any pre-existing Gengar be allowed to keep Levitate or must every Gengar change its Ability to Cursed Body? Mine's going with Cursed Body either way, but I figured this was worth trying to clarify in any case.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:06 PM   #10
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
So to clarify, we're now allowed to change our Pokémon's Abilities to their Hidden Abilities if we so choose?

On a similar note, what of Gengar? Will any pre-existing Gengar be allowed to keep Levitate or must every Gengar change its Ability to Cursed Body? Mine's going with Cursed Body either way, but I figured this was worth trying to clarify in any case.
First; yes

Second; I can't vouch for what anyone else thinks but as far as I'm concerned Gengar's Cursed Body is an ability change, not an ability addition. For that reason I think Gengar's ability Levitate should be changed to Cursed Body, but I don't know how everyone else would feel about that change.
Scrap that. We've talked and you can do what you want. Gengar has had both abilities at one point so you get to choose either.

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-09-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #11
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
On the topic of Gengar I know when I asked Emi she said that all Gengars with Levitate would be Grandfathered to keep Levitate.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
On the topic of Gengar I know when I asked Emi she said that all Gengars with Levitate would be Grandfathered to keep Levitate.
I would agree with this perspective. Of the three of us, I'm probably the most liberal in that I would argue that all Pokemon should be allowed the choice of any ability that it learns in an official Generation of Pokemon... but perhaps that's excessive?
Old 05-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #13
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Okay, so I've got a couple questions regarding the Springtime Event. First, is it a BYOB (Bring Your Own Balls) type deal, or something else entirely?

Second, is there anything particularly special about the Rare Candies aside from being bittersweet chocolaty goodness?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #14
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Given that the Pokemart is not yet opened and we have a number of new members, assume that the Pokeball is provided.

They are simply rare candies with a festive description. There's no expiration date on them, either - however, the mods do not take any responsibility for any innard-vomiting that may occur from consuming very old chocolate.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:22 AM   #15
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Silly question here. Do posts made in event RP's (such as the egg hunt) count towards earning Pokédollars?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #16
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I've heard conflicting opinions. I will make a post in the Dev thread when I get home so we can get that settled and have an answer. Same for if the mods should collect updater rewards for that event.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I don't know whether it hasn't come up yet, or if it has and I missed it, but... now that we're getting Z-Crystals from the Springtime event, how do we go about getting Z-Rings?
Old 05-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #18
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Z-rings come with your Z-crystals. Our apologies for not specifying that in the event.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #19
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

No worries, thanks for the clarification, Marion.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #20
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

I may have missed this or something, but how's Oricorio going to be able to change forms? Are the different types of nectar going to be available to buy?
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #21
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
I may have missed this or something, but how's Oricorio going to be able to change forms? Are the different types of nectar going to be available to buy?
This issue has not been resolved yet - however, this may be a possible use for the Evolution Zone in discussion right now.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:25 AM   #22
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Can a Pokemon be in more than 1 Shop at once? For example, can I have a Pokemon in the Daycare Center and then have it go to the Move Tutor at the same time?

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:52 AM   #23
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Can a Pokemon be in more than 1 Shop at once? For example, can I have a Pokemon in the Daycare Center and then have it go to the Move Tutor at the same time?
Yes. A Pokemon can be in multiple shops at once, multiple zones at once, and in both shops and zones at once.

Question for mods and/or Raves about the wishlist thread. If you have multiple characters, are you allowed to separate the lists by character, as long as it follows the rules (in a single post and without prioritizing Pokemon/items)?
Old 05-21-2017, 08:25 AM   #24
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I know the subject's been discussed, and that it's the way pretty much everyone was leaning if I'm remembering right, but just to be sure before I start using the TMs I got, are the restrictions on TM compatibility officially removed?
Old 05-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #25
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I have quite a few Pokémon who ended up with new abilities in later generations (not Hidden abilities, just new second abilities). Would I be able to change my old Pokémon to pick these up?
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles