UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 07-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Transformers The Movie (**Spoilers Ahoy, Mateys**)

This movie is FUCKING AMAZING. I've got a few problems with it, like all films, and two major problems, but apart from that, this movie's great.

Minor Problems;
Too much focus on the human characters. Yeah, it's set on earth, but come on, it's a Transformers movie. People only want to see humans if Decepticons are slaughtering them. Which was the case sometimes. xd
The story itself is okay, but to be honest, they could've handled it better. >>;

Major problems; (I'll make these really small, so just quote/copy/whatever to read :O)
#1) Megatron was permanantly killed. The way in which he was killed, there isn't any coming back. And apparently, it's a trilogy. They really fucked up there.
#2) Jazz was also killed. And it was barely acknowledged. There was no "Jazz! NOOOO!!" scene, just a quick 4 second death scene and then an even quicker "We lost a great warrior today" after the battle. >< Fucking stupid, imo.

However, there was something really handled well in the film, and that is...STARSCREAM. =3 I'm not gonna elaborate on this, you'll realise why he was awesome when you see the film. And by awesome, I mean as a character, not as a design. >>;

So yeah, that's all from me for now. :O And for anybody in England where it's not due for a while yet, you can watch it online like me. :O I'll try and find the link. It's probably the best copy out there, slightly off centre, but still watchable.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Transformers The Movie (**Spoilers Ahoy, Mateys**)

*read everything but tiny-text*

Was it really that good? The movie honestly looks like shit. Then again, that's what we all said about Pirates of the Caribbean, too, as I recall.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Well, I'm probably a bit biased, considering I'm a Transformers nut. >>; But to be honest, even if you had no clue what Transformers was and just went to see it because it had big robots in, it'd still be enjoyable.

Also, Michael Bay's reputation didn't help with opinions beforehand. xd
Old 07-07-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

I liked Beast Wars but disliked Transformers the (various) series because of the "robots into vehicles" plot device (not as cool as "robots into giant insects/dinosaurs/mammals). However, I did like GaoGaiGar which is effectively Transformer's successor in Japan.

Will I like this movie?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Sylar
Cascade Badge

I don't know, really. In the film, there's only about 3 of the Transformers who rely on their vehicle modes to do stuff. The rest spend more time in Robot-form than Vehicle. Well, and then there's Frenzy, who transforms into a radio, and then later into a phone. xd

Oh, about Beast Wars though, the part of the film set in some other country, focuses on Scorponok. Probably as close to Beast Wars as the film gets, and to be honest, the part where Scorponok attacks is quite entertaining.

Also, this is kinda of random, but in my opinion, it's worth seeing the film just to see Ironhide kicking arse near the end.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #6

The movie was pretty good. Wasn't as good as i had wanted it, but still pretty damn good. Midnight premiere baby!

The whole s7 was pretty retarded though. >>;;

I agree with you on both of your problem things. I didn't care too much about 1, but 2 kinda pissed me off. It was so gay the way they did it. oh well.

Optimus Prime ftw.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Does anybody hump Megatron's gun causing Optimus Prime to go "WTF!?" and get fatally shot in the side-torso? [/Azrael-Transformers the Movie reference]
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Nope.

But Sam Witwicky (Shia) humps a statue on the side of a building towards the end. xd
Old 07-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

It's nice to know I'm not the only non-Transformers fan (although I didn't care for Beast Wars either). Honestly, I never got what was so cool about it beyond the gimmicky toys. (No offense to Transformers fans)
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #10
Arnold
Just call me sir

Joe, One word for your first spoiler: Galvatron, it's happened once it'll happen again, either that or starscream is coming back leader of the Decepticons (Finally) and kicking ass with a Big ass decepticon army where Unicon will eat them all up and create Galvatron

other than that it was a damned awsome Movie
Old 07-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #11
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Joe, One word for your first spoiler: Galvatron, it's happened once it'll happen again, either that or starscream is coming back leader of the Decepticons (Finally) and kicking ass with a Big ass decepticon army where Unicon will eat them all up and create Galvatron
Galvatron sucks. xd Plus, it brings back memories of a horrible movie where the awesomeness of Transformers was removed. ;-;
Old 02-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #12
9sholmes
Pokemon Trainer

I totally agree with you about Michael Bay putting to much attention on the humans and not enough on the Transformers. The Sam character should have died before the Transformers movie ended along with any character associated with him; sparking the beginning of a never ending Transformers battle on earth. However, no way is it interesting in battle to say NOOO!! Maybe the next Michael Bay Transformer movie might have a Crossover with the G. I Joe story or Headmaster story if they follow your advice about reducing human involvement.
9sholmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment