UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #10376
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
I was going to not evolve some of my pokemon, but Rhyperior and Magmortar are favourites of mine. I am, however, not evolving Shinx untill she gets to a high enough level, as well as many of my other Pokemon who I plan to get.

I need the stats first XD
On the top subject, I'm actually not planning on evolving my Gligar all that quickly so far.

And Treep, it's 1-on-1, at Kumo City something-or-other-that-I-can't-recall-offhand.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #10377
SP-Eevee
Soul Badge

Send a message via MSN to SP-Eevee
I'm impatient so I usually evolve mine right away unless they learn some useful move in the pre-evolution. Porygon I intend to hold off evolving (though that could be down to my lack of coinage) and Vulpix (which is down to the fact I need a Fire Stone)
Though for the likes of Swablu and Ponyta, as soon as they reach their level for evolution I'm just going to go straight ahead and doing so. Though if they happen to be in a zone and something epic happens to happen I might put off the evolution just for that.
B Grade Ref
71KOs 162 TPs -0 SPs
Spoiler: show
Debt
Kush: 4.25 SP
Dave: 0.25 SP

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

Party - PC

Claus; () lvl 100 Katherine; () lvl 18 Jun; () lvl 53
Cumulus; () lvl 50 Lucas; () lvl 14 Carmen; () lvl 8
Denny; () lvl 21 Akito; () lvl 18 Maya; () lvl 5
Pippi; () lvl 28 Matthew; () lvl 16 Agito; () lvl 3
Amber; () lvl 1

Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #10378
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'm in the same 'Evolve on sight' boat, though I'll hold off Aipom's evolution due to her past and fear of Ambipom. I might actually sans her evolution completely.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #10379
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
I'm ready for the 4-way. I think Emp is reffing.
I think I said I'd give it a go a few pages back, but I don't have the time :\

It depends how much I like the prevelution to be honest. Whilst I feel a Pokemon's character is undeveloped if it hasn't been showcased in all its evolution stages, if I dislike a Pokemon's base form I'll evolve it as soon as possible. It's not too bad since it doesn't feel like I've ever had a Horsea or Yanma in the first place since they evolved fairly early. I don't really want to evolve Piplup, Torchic, Corphish and Larvitar either. I would only ever evolve Croconaw in a campaign and if my team seemed developed.

Finished fairly early today, onto updates.

Also, Fishy I'm not doing your monday stuff since you're clearly online ._.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #10380
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
I'm not entirely sure on the whole thing of evolving or not, my starter will be fully evolved, as will everyone else if I can manage it, but if I don't find a Leaf Stone, then I'm perfectly fine with just an Exeggcute. But other than Paradise (said Exeggcute), I'd prefer to evolve most of my pokemon.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #10381
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
I just realised, coming second in the Arcade isn't that bad. In fact, I probably would have preferred coming second in the end. xD
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #10382
Mewsic Box!
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Mewsic Box!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymankg2 View Post
I just realised, coming second in the Arcade isn't that bad. In fact, I probably would have preferred coming second in the end. xD
That's what everyone aims for! XD
Old 08-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #10383
Raunchyfad
Boulder Badge

If you look at my team, you may notice that only my Seedot has evolved. I like to take things slow, and it's important that when my dudes DO finally evolve, there's some top-notch roleplaying included.

I do prefer lower-form pokémon, though. Even when I play the games, I'm usually having the best time when my starter pokémon is only on its second evolution. There's something about starting out and being a mediocre trainer that appeals to me most.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #10384
OrangeDonphan
Pokemon Trainer

Probopass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raunchyfad View Post
If you look at my team, you may notice that only my Seedot has evolved. I like to take things slow, and it's important that when my dudes DO finally evolve, there's some top-notch roleplaying included.

I do prefer lower-form pokémon, though. Even when I play the games, I'm usually having the best time when my starter pokémon is only on its second evolution. There's something about starting out and being a mediocre trainer that appeals to me most.

I aggree with you totally, I hate being the best trainer after the second gym...your pokemon get overpowered fast, then there is no skill involved to beating the game. Lol, I wonder how a Phanpy could use Icy Wind.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #10385
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I've no idea either.

I'll reply to our battle tomorrow.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #10386
Hayward
Ronin Harrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
I'm glad there's other people who are holding off on evolving their Pokemon. I mainly want to get to use each of mine in a few adventures prior to their evolutions, an exception existing for my starter, who I only plan on evolving under some very specific circumstances.
*hi-fives* Care to elaborate on those circumstances...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewsic Box! View Post
Ah, my apologies... ^^;;
Don't mention it ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewsic Box! View Post

Also is everyone ready for the 4-way battle? Who's reffing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
I think I said I'd give it a go a few pages back, but I don't have the time :\
Totally understandable. Thanks anyways, Emp. It was nice of you to offer. I'm ready for the 4-way, but summer vacation is over for me now. My first day of school was today. I'm also involved with athletics, so I'll be pretty busy as well and won't be around as much as I was the past two months. Probably never before 7:00 CST / 1:00 GMT.

pc | bag | cc

art by kiseki
Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #10387
Mewsic Box!
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Mewsic Box!
My first day of school is Thursday, I'm pretty excited for it.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #10388
psychopath
Boulder Badge

Guys I have an 89 on My College level class! I is so happy!!! DDDDDDDDD

Old 08-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #10389
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
*hi-fives* Care to elaborate on those circumstances...?
I'm actually not completely decided on when I'd evolve my starter, but it'll definitely be in an intense and/or emotional situation of some sort.

Last edited by Rakurai; 08-18-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #10390
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
I just realised, yesterday was Monday. I just wasted that Move Tutor Pass.

Why on earth did I think it was today? .-.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #10391
SP-Eevee
Soul Badge

If Tale and Psychopath post in their match soon I might be able to ref that 4-way match. (provided you don't find anyone else in the meantime) Sounds like it could be an interesting one and their match is just one round away from finishing, unless they do nothing for the round that is. ;P
B Grade Ref
71KOs 162 TPs -0 SPs
Debt

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

Party - PC

Amber; () lvl 1

Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #10392
Tale
Boulder Badge

There you go, Speevee, sorry I procrastinated so much. I'm in the middle of typing updates, and thought I'd push the battle along so you could possibly ref that foursome.

I wanted to give this topic a stab:

I take all my nicknames from philosophers. Mostly existentialists. I might move on to well known literature names soon, though, as I can only think of a few more philosophers...

Soren the Cacnea: From Soren Kierkegaard, a Danish philosopher who came up with the 'Leap of faith' theory around which Soren's personality is based. He was a Christian, but advocated the belief in God for yourself, and not because people told you to. He said that logic and philsophical arguments have so many flaws that we are repeatedly picking out over the ages, that the best course of action to take in order to lead a happy life is to take a 'leap of faith' and disregard the logic behind it.

Friedrich the Corphish: From Friedrich Nietzsche, a German philosopher who was incredibly elitist. He spoke of a future in which the few 'elite' would rule over the 'herd' because of their intellectual superiority - although it's all in the name of progressing humanity. He flouted religion and attempted to advocate the eventual overcoming of the morality that it had created, advocating a future in which the 'free spirits' (elites) would create their own morality and live life through experience and not through the doctrines of false religions and social institutions.

Sigmund the Murkrow: From Sigmund Frued, the German psychologist who believed in Nietzsche's philosophy. He's widely hated nowadays, because all his theories on the human mind seem to revolve around sexual desires and the impulses we subdue because of social acceptance (such as the male's desire to sleep with his mother, and the female's jealousy of the penis). Subsequently, I've made Sigmund difficult to understand, and incredibly peculiar.

Simone the Houndour: From Simone De Bouvoire, a famous French existentialist philosopher, who managed to rise above the male domination over philosophy and gain respect in her own right. She was passionate and incredibly independent. I'm pretty sure she constructed some famous feminist theories, but I'm not certain with her. I made Simone dark in personality, and the most independent member of the group.

Jean-Paul the Sneasel: From Jean-Paul Sartre, De Bouvoire's partner and very famous existentialist philosopher. He has some of the most inspiring theories on life which arise from the existentialist perspective, and denounces the typical association of existentialism with suicide and nihilism. He was incredibly intelligent (obviously), which is the personality trait I've stolen for Jean-Paul.

Hypatia the Eevee: From Hypatia of Alexandria, the earliest female philosopher I've encountered, but one I know little about. She was killed by a Christian mob because her philosophical teachings threatened their beliefs. She is apparently a philosophical matyr comparable to Socrates.

Hope that was interesting ;).

Hypatia
Soren Friedrich
Sigmund Jean-Paul
Simone

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #10393
SP-Eevee
Soul Badge

Ah, procrastination, something i'm extremely guility of at all times. :x Thanks for taking the time to post, i've been in a reffing mood lately and it looks like this'll be a close one. :3

It seems as PP's been DQ from his match against Emp which means I have a free slot. Which also means I can take on that match right away if it's alright with you guys?
B Grade Ref
71KOs 162 TPs -0 SPs
Debt

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

Party - PC

Amber; () lvl 1

Last edited by SP-Eevee; 08-18-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #10394
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-Eevee View Post
Ah, procrastination, something i'm extremely guility of at all times. :x Thanks for taking the time to post, i've been in a reffing mood lately and it looks like this'll be a close one. :3

It seems as PP's been DQ from his match against Emp which means I have a free slot. Which also means I can take on that match right away if it's alright with you guys?
You can take the 4-way, i'm cool with that :3
Old 08-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #10395
Emp
Volcano Badge

Updates are great when you get settled into them. I'm working my way through now, but I really need to cut down the length in the next batch. I've written a quick skeleton of each update and only Treep and Pikagod are set for small updates whilst Hayward's is medium sized. Mewsic's was way longer than it should have been, and Arc Angel? Her's looks to be one of my longest updates yet. Being one of my first updatees, I feel like a left way too many plot-holes in her adventure. I've worked through that now. Granted that wrapping up my mistakes will probably make for a huge jump in length since I have a lot of ground to cover in about 10-15 updates *Wants to finish some adventures*

And another Battle win, yey ^-^

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #10396
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I'm able to have another Battle with somebody now if anyone's interested. =3
Old 08-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #10397
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

I'm not sure which fossil to get when I get my PC upgrade. It's either out of;

All I know is, by the time my fossil team is completed, I'll have spent 3 million on the fossils themselves and about another million in TMs.

*Prays to get lucky this coming Monthly Stockpile.*
Old 08-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #10398
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Looking at your team, I'd suggest Kabutops. You don't have a Water Type, and they're cooler than Omastar anyway.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #10399
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

I'll have Milotic by the time I get those slots anyway, and I don't base my team on weakness'.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #10400
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

I wasn't basing on weakness, more on the fact it would allow you to do missions in water and such, but since you're getting Milotic I just say get whichever appeals at the time.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out