UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 04-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #1476
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
It's alright Talon - I had the exact same thought process when I read that.

Still slightly grim though.

inb4 eggs
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #1477
Toyo
hail

Sadly, Pidove gets no egg moves from either of those 'mon.

Although yay Pidove babies; Ash can have one Pidove friend for each of his Tauros!
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #1478
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I don't understand Loki's link, I got redirected to a password screen that's denying me entry. I tried codes like "muhammad", "praiseallah" and "death2america" but they're all wrong.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #1479
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I don't understand Loki's link, I got redirected to a password screen that's denying me entry. I tried codes like "muhammad", "praiseallah" and "death2america" but they're all wrong.
His name is Concept. It looks nothing like Loki. Or Raptor Jesus. Please fix your brain.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #1480
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
It was put on password protect at some time between when I replied and when you did. Someone will probably upload a mirror of it in due time, or maybe Dom will reverse his position and open it back up to the public. Regardless, I'm sure you'll be able to see some of what he showed. If you don't want to wait for that though, I can give you the brief summary below:

Spoiler: show
A London man's laptop was stolen in early February of this year. He had installed third party anti-theft tracking software on it, and after a month of complete silence, he finally heard back from his laptop the other day. It was no longer in London. It wasn't even in Europe. It was 3,000 miles away in Tehran, Iran.

The people whose hands it had fallen into looked (from the webcam, which he could totally turn on and spy on them from) like an average middle to upper middle class family. Dad. Mom. Daughter. Younger daughter. Grandma. The laptop was purchased for the family's eldest daughter.

Dom took some pictures of her and her family members. He also took some pictures of their home's interior. He also cloned some pictures of hers (by screen capturing, I guess) that she viewed on her own. A picture of her using high-power binoculars in a tall urban tower, for example. Another of her playing Jenga with her sister or friend.

~Fin~

That was it. It had like two updates ever (one last night as he created the Tumblr and one 6 hours before Concept shared the link in which he posted 95% of the material), around 8-10 pictures and some commentary text, usually a bit "cute, huggable smartass"y. Like one where she has a hoodie on and he calls her a Sith Lord. Or another where she's sitting in front of her dad and he jokes that she has a little man on top of her head.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #1481
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
His name is Concept. It looks nothing like Loki. Or Raptor Jesus. Please fix your brain.
Ouch. I get the Concept, I hope that clears up everything.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #1482
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Doppel, here's a news article about the laptop.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #1483
Mercutio
Banned

Honestly I hope that Unfezant gives them all bird flu and they die. Ash needs to stop catching the regional bird.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #1484
Sneaze
Mrow?

Ash needs to stop doing a lot of things. Especially catching 'mon that could potentially be cool and he only uses once or twice.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #1485
Mercutio
Banned

Searching for a joke to use in a Serebii reffing, I came across this sin against nature.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1486
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Searching for a joke to use in a Serebii reffing, I came across this sin against nature.
I didn't even remember that insect-shrimp-voodooshrunkenhead Muppet. Would've been perfectly fine keeping it that way.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #1487
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Doppel, here's a news article about the laptop.
Oh ho. Now Talon's in on the action!

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #1488
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Please tell me you actually checked the article last night successfully and then, upon rechecking it, discovered it was taken down. I'm going to be cross with you if this just now is the first time you've clicked it. ¬_¬
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #1489
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Please tell me you actually checked the article last night successfully and then, upon rechecking it, discovered it was taken down. I'm going to be cross with you if this just now is the first time you've clicked it. ¬_¬
No.

Yes.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #1490
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If you're up for it, an interesting editorial on the Super Mario Bros. movie. If it's too long for you to read, my two favorite parts are quoted below:

Quote:
By the time journalist Richard Stayton visited the film's North Carolina set (where Dinohattan had been built in a disused concrete factory) that summer to report what became an infamous L.A. Times "Calendar" cover story, the script was an ever-changing mass of revisions, with pages in every color of the rainbow. "The only page color missing is the original draft's," Stayton wrote. "No white pages remain." In fact, Jankel and Morton, Stayton observed, seemed to be "improvising the story as they inch along."

The cast was basically in revolt. The actors would shove each day's new pages aside unread. Hoskins and Leguizamo swilled scotch together between takes, leading to an on-set accident in which Leguizamo drunkenly crashed a truck and Hoskins broke his hand. By the time Stayton got there, the disgruntled performers had abandoned any effort to put on a happy face. When Stayton told Hopper the directors declined to speak to him for the story, the actor responded, "That's the only intelligent thing I've heard that they've really actually done."
Quote:
I had never won the game — not as a kid, not in my recent "research" — and once I got a dozen of my peers in a room, some of them actual gamers, I got it in my head that it was important that someone in the room rescue the princess before we put on the movie. Within a few minutes, the attention of the whole group was raptly focused on the TV. There was a lot of backseat Mario driving — everybody was shouting out suggestions, secret tips to shortcuts or hidden blocks or pipe tunnels where you could get a mushroom — but it was friendly, collaborative. When one player would lose all his lives, he'd hand the controller (I only got one in the eBay package, alas) over to the person next to him. It was like watching a big sports game, but more exciting — it was truly communal.

We didn't beat the game that night. We kept stalling out on the first or second stage of World 8, and eventually it started to get late and it was a Sunday and we're kind of old, so we put the movie on. As engaged as we all were when the game was being played — engaged with what was happening onscreen, engaged with one another — by about 20 minutes into the film the group had collectively done a 180. People started fiddling with their phones. People who didn't smoke went out back to have a smoke. But I had to sit there and watch the whole thing, because for whatever reason I had decided to ask for that job.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #1491
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So, I totally thought that this was a fake, a parody made by an amateur video editor, when I first clicked on it. Still thought so for the first 15 seconds. But as the commercial went on and I could hear no sound of audio artifacts from crudely overlaying the ABC Family narrator's voice over the video footage, I began to wonder: could this in fact be real? It's so ridiculous that I feel like it can't be real. And yet is it?

"He fights for family ... and lives for love."
Old 04-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #1492
Sneaze
Mrow?

That is in fact a legit commercial. ABC Family will do anything to try to make something seem more family oriented than it is. That way they can put it on the channel and people actually watch because it's popular, keeping the station afloat. They do it all the time.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #1493
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Unbelievable. I'm loving it. Reminds me of the fan parody trailer of The Shining, titled simply Shining.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #1494
Mercutio
Banned

*writes up post about how it is obviously fake*
*read Sneezey comment*
*adds to list of why living in America would be terrible*
Old 04-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1495
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
*writes up post about how it is obviously fake*
*read Sneezey comment*
*adds to list of why living in America would be terrible*
I know, right!? Doesn't it seem like it has to be fake? Unbelievable.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #1496
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Make fun of ABC Family all you want, but I live for their Harry Potter weekends.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #1497
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Dammit Tdos now I wish I had a TV I could get channels on/owned Harry Potter. Fuuuuu
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #1498
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Went to Imgur to try and upload something, saw this, figured I'd check it out, and while I'm not crazy about most of 'em (though I agree they really did a great job), the one of Belle fucking nailed it, goodness me.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #1499
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Wow. That is a great Belle cosplay. Rapunzel is off.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #1500
Sneaze
Mrow?

The Rapunzel one looks like some seriously poor photoshopping took place.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc