UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 08-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
Heather
Naga's Voice

Pokken "Not the main early 2016 release" according to Pokemon Company's J.C. Smith

Source article

The rundown: At 2015 VGCs, The Pokemon Company's J.C. Smith was asked if Pokken was the only thing scheduled to celebrate Pokemon's 20th. The answer was no. However, he could give no details as to what else was coming. We know of Mystery Dungeon, but what else is coming? Brace your wallets, folks. Pokemon is coming. Also, stay tuned to Nintendo World Report, as the end of the article states they will be interviewing J.C. on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
deoxys
Fog Badge

It's going to be Pokemon Z and I hope to god it's as interesting or more so than Black and White 2. Really don't want to journey through Kalos again right now, to be honest, unless it's an entirely different experience.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
It's going to be Pokemon Z and I hope to god it's as interesting or more so than Black and White 2. Really don't want to journey through Kalos again right now, to be honest, unless it's an entirely different experience.
Then you'd want something more along the lines of X2/Y2- sequels instead of third versions. Which wouldn't be that bad, really. You'd probably start in a different town, do the Gyms in a different order, that sort of thing.

Personally, I'd like to see Red/Green re-remakes, but realistically, I kinda get that the chances of that are a bit slim. Even if they'd make perfect sense for the 20th anniversary, to say nothing of the timing- OR/AS just came out, after all, and what came out after the original R/S? FR/LG. But yeah, another Kalos game is looking likely. Which may be for the best- I miss actually getting to pick my character's clothes. I hope we get more options in the next Kalos game, though- maybe even a cowboy hat. Oh, I'd like that!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
Pokken "Not the main early 2016 release" according to Pokemon Company's J.C. Smith
Quote:
It's going to be Pokemon Z
Quote:
CoroCoro has revealed that the Mega Evolution IV special will be the start of the next chapter in the Pokemon anime, subtitled Pokemon XY & Z.
So, with it all but confirmed now that we're going to be getting a Pokémon Z, this news story of Myles' takes on some added weight: light proof that we'll be getting Z in Spring 2016 rather than summer, fall, or later. Consequences for the fandom include:
  • start saving your pennies now, kids: 'cause you'll want to have that $40 on hand come March or April!
  • VGC 2016 could undergo a paradigm metagame shift from ORAS in the winter regionals to Z in the spring regionals; Worlds 2016 would also be one of the youngest metas in recent VGC world championship memory as it would have had less than six months to coalesce before the world's best are asked to take the stage and compete
  • VGC 2017 would most likely see a full, solid year of the same meta. This hasn't happened since BW2 came out in early Summer 2012 (JPN), and even then only for the Japanese market. International fans haven't seen a season-long meta since VGC 2012 (Fall 2011 thru Summer 2012) if I'm not mistaken.
  • If Z comes out in Spring 2016, and if Japan wants to see Gen 7 release in the autumn, then the choices are either Fall 2016 for Gen 7 -- which is far too rushed, giving Z only six months to be relevant -- or else Fall 2017 or later. Even if we reject the autumn preference and go for Japan's second favorite, the spring release, this would still mean Gen 7 isn't coming any sooner than Spring 2017. So go ahead and mark your calendars, guys: Spring 2017 at the soonest, Fall 2017 at the likeliest (imo), and possibly an even later date for Gen 7.
  • This in turn has consequences for the anime, which almost never desyncs from the video games' release dates. If Gen 7 isn't going to come out until (say) Spring 2017 at the soonest, then that means Ash & Co. will have to continue to their Gen 6 travels for an additional year and a half from where we are currently. Since Ash already has his sixth badge and is well on his way to getting his seventh -- they arrive in Anistar City on October 8 -- this means that the remaining year and six months will have to be filled with:
    • one remaining gym battle
    • the usual League stuff
    • the Alain & Lysandre side story, and any other ways in which they plan to bring XYZ's story from the video games into the television series
    • ???
    "???" could be anything from Decolora Adventure II to eight months of Johto filler (oh God no) to Battle Frontier II to Serena becoming the star for a bit and us focusing on the whole Tripokalon / Kalos Queen subplot. Who knows. Still: this is even assuming Gen 7 comes out Spring 2017. If it comes out Fall 2017, that adds an additional six months to the padding out ...
ORAS got a crapton of PR and spoilers leading up to its release. Fans later complained, quite vocally on forums and other social media sites, that Game Freak had gone and revealed too much and rendered ORAS an ultimately boring rehash of RuSa when, had they kept their mouths more shut, it could've been so much more. Do you think that explains why we're not hearing much about Z yet despite the proximity of its probable release? Or do you think they're just being slow and once they do decide to confirm Z is a thing then they're going to spoil every little change and difference inside of it to high heaven? Really hoping they learned their mistake from ORAS and they'll keep their mouths (mostly) shut these next six months. Don't reveal the new Champion (if there even is one), don't reveal new characters like Colress or Zinnia (LOL! good luck with that), don't reveal every single mega evolution ... just show us the pretty box art and talk more about Zygarde and Cobalion. Keep it at that. You don't need to show us any more than that. :x
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

please for the love of god give us another kalos dex VGC meta the genies are killing me
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #6
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

>VGC

As long as Thundurus, Kang, and Lando are banned, idrc what the meta is. They aren't hard to deal with, not by far, it's rather that they get hella irritating to face match after match. Personally I think a Primal Battle meta, or as jeri said, some sort of X region only dex would be good. Hoenn Dex has plenty of variety, and it'd be a nice way to start off my first year in masters.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

If we removed the genies (and arguably Mega Khan), vgc would be significantly more fun
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #8
Heather
Naga's Voice

Consider the fact that both finalists in VGC Masters had Kang and Lando-T. Ironically, I think Volcarona was one of the Pokemon that WASNT sermon both teams. To put it simply, the final pair had 4 min in common, meaning they could have mirror matched each other. In a genuinely fun meta, that doesn't happen. One thing I would certainly want to see is Chatot getting access to some SpAtk boosting move through non breeding methods for ones obtained in Gen 6. I have a Shiny one and even though it's just a random one from out of the wild, I would love to stick something like Work Up or Nasty Plot on it and let it Chatter/Hyper Voice away. In fact, Se Jun Pachirisu could find good use of Follow Me in allowing Chatot to boost/Chatter/set up a Sub without it getting instabroken. Highly impractical but hilarious results (a boosted Chatot screaming its opponents to hell as they slap themselves).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:10 PM   #9
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
In a genuinely fun meta, that doesn't happen.
Fun is entirely relative.

That would be one of the most skillful matches in the game though.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:52 AM   #10
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
Consider the fact that both finalists in VGC Masters had Kang and Lando-T. Ironically, I think Volcarona was one of the Pokemon that WASNT sermon both teams. To put it simply, the final pair had 4 min in common, meaning they could have mirror matched each other. In a genuinely fun meta, that doesn't happen. One thing I would certainly want to see is Chatot getting access to some SpAtk boosting move through non breeding methods for ones obtained in Gen 6. I have a Shiny one and even though it's just a random one from out of the wild, I would love to stick something like Work Up or Nasty Plot on it and let it Chatter/Hyper Voice away. In fact, Se Jun Pachirisu could find good use of Follow Me in allowing Chatot to boost/Chatter/set up a Sub without it getting instabroken. Highly impractical but hilarious results (a boosted Chatot screaming its opponents to hell as they slap themselves).
Chatot is too fragile. You can practically just OHKO it with anything.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:14 AM   #11
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

So shifting the topic back to Pokken:

When do you think Gamefreak will confirm their massive boner for Greninja and add him in?
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #12
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
When do you think Gamefreak will confirm their massive boner for Greninja and add him in?
Probably not until 0-3 months before the game is ready for physical retail release. He'll probably be either a Day 1 main roster member or else a Day 1 unlockable. (Not downloadable, but more like a Smash character who's been shallowly hidden away.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON