UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2019, 01:14 AM   #1
Marion Ette
Perpetual Masquerade
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,280
Togepi The Miscellaneous Ideas Thread

The purpose of this thread is to encourage the development and discussion of ideas that may not yet be ready for their own thread, or which may not coincide with the current topics under moderator consideration, so that they may be more fully developed when they are considered at a later time.

This is a place to test the waters in terms of community engagement and interest on new ideas, to ask for feedback, and to develop larger, more fully-formed proposals that can be presented in stand-alone threads.

Additionally, this thread also exists as a more free-form, less restricted area for those who would like to speak more generally about concepts and ideas that they would like to see tackled in FB. Speaking in such generalities and considering how the varied piece-parts of FB work in tandem - and how those processes can be improved or built upon - can help to identify specific improvements and projects which then can have their own thread.

Please note that the intent of this thread is not to present these ideas directly to the mods for immediate implementation and action, but to encourage brainstorming and concept development among the community. As such, please assume that no idea here will be directly implemented until such time as it has been sufficiently refined and placed in its own discussion thread.

As always, the expectation is for everyone to be constructive and respectful in their musings, suggestions, observations and ideas.

Also, I will do my best to archive the topics discussed here to make them easier to retrieve in the future.

Let's travel down this garden path, and see where it leads...

---

TOPICS ARCHIVE:

-None yet.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
Shuckle
Problematic Fave
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,199
Yes hi hello I feel that there is a distinct lack of both fizziness and bubbles in the FB economy. That is why I propose a new item in the form of Alka-Seltzer tablets. These can be consumed to relieve the tummyaches of people and pokemon who have eaten too much, which is a very common problem in the FB universe. They can also be fed to water type pokemon (or a super soaker) to launch a one-time blast of cleansing fizzy water.

I think we should start by giving me about three hundred of them, and then I will hand them out in times of need, or as badges of honor to players who demonstrate exceptional fizziness.

Vote for pinaclsaur, make bubbles fizzy again
__________________
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,820
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Unfortunately Shuckle, that idea is going to go about as well as your attempts to get some action in KH Mafia.
__________________
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
Shuckle
Problematic Fave
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,199
Wait'll you see my attempts to get some action in ME mafia though ;)
__________________
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:00 AM   #5
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 2,852
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Something tells me you'll be as fruitless as a bag of carrots.
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 6,177
So yesterday, the possibility of introducing LGPE aspects into FB was briefly touched upon, and looking back on that, it occurs to me that one aspect wasn't touched upon at all- the special sure-hit moves your starter gets in those games. For the uninitiated, the starter Pikachu and Eevee have, in addition to the variety of exclusive moves they can learn, access to what are essentially can't-miss variations of Return. They aren't learned in the normal sense- rather, in a battle, you might have a chance to be able to use it, only once. It's vaguely similar to a Z-Move in that regard, but you're not guaranteed to be able to use it every battle. The chance is increased if the starter has higher happiness, which is just as well, as it gets stronger with higher happiness as well. So how would we translate this into FB? I have an idea. Here are the major points.

1: Rather than directly importing the moves Pika Papow and Veevee Volley and just making this possible for people's Pikachu and Eevee, I feel like we could import more the overall mechanic.

2: Upon reaching a certain Bond threshold- maybe 30 or 40- your starter would have access to its sure-hit move. It wouldn't be too terribly customizeble- you could decide its name, but that's about it.

3: It must be a STAB move, but if your starter is dual-typed, you can choose which type it is. If your starter learns it before evolving and would change types upon evolving, you can only choose from the types it would have at whatever evolution stage you want it to stay at. If you change your mind and decide to evolve it after all, you'd need to change the move to reflect this- so if your starter was an Eevee and you had it have Veevee Volley, and then you decide you want it to evolve into Flareon, you can post somewhere (Bond Retreat? Move Tutor? Boutique?) to have it reworked into... I dunno, Flare Smash or whatever you'd want to call it. And if you use the reset thread to ditch your starter and get a new one, you'd just have to get the new starter's Bond up to get its own sure-hit move.

4: At the beginning of a zone battle, the updator would let you know right away if your starter would be able to use its sure-hit move (unless, of course, you've already established that your starter isn't in your party by that point). They'd be encouraged to make the odds of it being possible higher if the starter's Bond was higher.

5: Obviously, this would only be possible for your starter- like, your actual starter, not what you designate as starters for your other Trainer characters, so in my case, only my Weezing would get it, and not my Maractus or my Swoobat, even though they're Gavin and Terri's starters, respectively.


~~~~~

Also, just wanted to throw a quick idea out there for another Let's Go-related aspect that'll have to be talked about- namely, how to evolve Meltan. Of course, going too in-depth here will mean getting back on the subject of catching legendaries, and I'm pretty sure nobody's yet ready for us to reopen that can of Wurmple, but I'll just throw it here for the moment before I forget- evolution item. Whether it becomes available in the Department Store on rotation with the other evolution items is something that can be up for debate later on, but I'm thinking Meltan Candy Box. Basically a box of oddly metallic chocolates meant to emulate the buttload of Meltan Candy you need to evolve Meltan in GO (the only game in which Meltan can evolve thus far).
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #7
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 3,158
The Pika Papow And VeeVee Volley idea would honestly get me to care about Bond with my Starter again, so heya I'm here for it.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Mint Earhart
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #8
Prof.Enigma
Thunder Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 700
I think both of those would be awesome to incorporate into FB, aside from support I don't know what to say o n this exact topic
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles;
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:43 PM   #9
SpinyShell
Pokemon Trainer
 
SpinyShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 96
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if marks could possibly be implemented in Fizzy Bubbles? For the unaware, marks are essentially ribbons that can be found on wild Pokemon in SwSh (unfortunately I cannot link to Serebii's page on them because I haven't made enough posts).

Just spitballing, but here's a very rough idea on how they could be implemented:

1. Pokemon caught in Zones would have a chance to have a mark. The updater would decide whether the Pokemon has a mark, or could leave it to chance based upon in-game mark rarity.

2. At the end of an adventure, there's a chance that some or all of the Pokemon used in the adventure could earn a mark, also up to the updater's discretion. The behavior of the Pokemon, the Zone's environment/weather, and the time of day the adventure took place in could all influence what marks the Pokemon have a possibility of obtaining. For example, let's say someone adventures in the Winter's Wrath at night with a Sceptile whose very nervous due to the cold. It could possibly earn a Blizzard, Sleepy-Time, or Jittery mark at the end of the adventure (only one mark would be awarded per Pokemon).

3. Mark Spray could be purchased as an FC reward and would give the trainer the option to choose which mark they want to give to a specific Pokemon. There could also be something like a Mark Coin that would guarantee a Pokemon caught in a Zone would have a random mark, and would be used in the capture post (ex: [Trainer] used Pokeball 2/5 and Mark Coin 1/2). If the Pokemon wasn't caught, then maybe the Mark Coin could go unused.

Just curious what you guys might think.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:42 PM   #10
lilboocorsola
'Till we meet again
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the summer endroll
Posts: 5,307
Lil' Bluey

I do think Marks are a cute idea and I don't see why they couldn't be implemented if Zone Updators want to give them out. I don't know if we need to go so far as to have a Mark Spray/Coin since it's mostly just for aesthetics, but I'll leave that up to the mods' discretion.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:18 PM   #11
SpinyShell
Pokemon Trainer
 
SpinyShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
I don't know if we need to go so far as to have a Mark Spray/Coin since it's mostly just for aesthetics, but I'll leave that up to the mods' discretion.
Yeah. Now that I think about it (and perhaps I'm speaking out of turn here) marks probably wouldn't be desirable enough for most users to want to spend FC on them. Perhaps they could be available for purchase at the boutique or, alternatively, are only available through adventures?
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #12
Emp
Volcano Badge
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,014
I like the idea too - it would be a great distinguisher for zone captures compared to ones obtained through shops or other means. I have seen updaters state a Pokemon can be given a scar or birthmark in the boutique if there was a plot reason for it, which is sort of similar I guess.

I've also been thinking it would be cool if you could obtain something like a custom postcard / pin / embroidered badge for completing an adventure in a zone, more just as a momento/trophy than anything of value.
__________________


FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:15 PM   #13
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Voyager of the Stars
Posts: 3,375
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I would like marks to be a thing, tbh, but it def feels like something that would be delegated to the boutique. While it definitely has some nice RP potential, the games treat it more like a tag than anything else.

As for the pin idea Emp, I honesty really love it??? Idk it just kind of adds character and does feel like a sense of progress and development has been done for a character. It would also be a cool little thing to show off.
__________________


And there may come a day
Where you forget the faces, and voices
Of those you've met along the way

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #14
Slash
Silver LO
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,280
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Marks are kinda cool, yeah. I'd probably say updator's discretion, a Pokemon you encounter and catch might bear a mark. Since SpinyShell wasn't able to link it I'll go ahead and link it here. Definitely some nice ideas for character coming through these kinds of marks.

As far as a pin goes, it's another cool idea, though I'm a bit less keen on it. I don't have any strong objections to it or anything of the like, I'm just not sure what the general interest level would be if implemented, particularly after a bit of time has passed.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:10 PM   #15
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 6,177
So I was looking over the curry cooking proposal thread, and the notion of it increasing Contest stats came up. And, inevitably, this was followed by the reminder that some people don't care about Contest stats. And, like, as one of the people who confirms birthday gifts in the Calendar, this has been evident to me for a while- so many Birthday Poffins go completely unused because Contest stats are nothing to some people. I mean, I get it- Contests aren't currently a thing in FB, they haven't been for a while, and some people, even if we start them up again, still wouldn't be interested.

So now I get to thinking, what if we implemented a use for Contest stats that wasn't necessarily tied to Contests? I have something in mind here.
  • All moves in FB that don't already have Contest types will be assigned them. Those that do will use whichever Contest types they have as of ORAS, since I'm pretty sure some moves changed Contest type over the generations.
  • When a Pokémon's Contest stat gets maxed out, that Pokémon is eligible to be taught any one move of the corresponding Contest type for free at the Move Tutor (possible ineligible moves would include the Let's Go partner moves, FB Custom Moves, and possibly Shadow moves as well).
  • Moreover, a Pokémon with a maxed out Contest stat would be able to learn unnatural TMs and TRs of the corresponding Contest type, regardless of Bond level, and would also be able to learn unnatural MT moves of the corresponding Contest type for the normal price of 500.
  • Perhaps there could be an extra reward for maxing out all five Contest stats as well, such as learning an Advanced Move of the player's choice? Maybe even an FB Custom Move (minus the Bond-exclusive ones)? Maybe even make a new Custom Move exclusive to this mechanic?
Open to suggestions for changes on this, but this is the general gist of what I'm thinking- higher Contest stats giving the Pokémon more of an affinity for moves of that Contest type. I don't exactly want this stepping on Bond's toes too much here, but at the same time, I feel like what I'm suggesting makes sense somewhat.
__________________

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-16-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #16
lilboocorsola
'Till we meet again
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the summer endroll
Posts: 5,307
Lil' Bluey

Interesting proposal, MM. I don't think we'd need to go so far as to assign Contest types to new Moves since there's already a good existing variety and it'd be a lot of extra work, but I like the idea so far~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
  • When a Pokémon's Contest stat gets maxed out, that Pokémon is eligible to be taught any one move of the corresponding Contest type for free at the Move Tutor (possible ineligible moves would include the Let's Go partner moves, FB Custom Moves, and possibly Shadow moves as well).
Also might want to consider banning Legendary signature Moves although the selfish part of me would be for keeping them if it means I can finally teach Midna DARK VOID. *shot*
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #17
Sneaze
Diamonds 20% Off
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 6,088
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
So I was looking over the curry cooking proposal thread, and the notion of it increasing Contest stats came up. And, inevitably, this was followed by the reminder that some people don't care about Contest stats. And, like, as one of the people who confirms birthday gifts in the Calendar, this has been evident to me for a while- so many Birthday Poffins go completely unused because Contest stats are nothing to some people. I mean, I get it- Contests aren't currently a thing in FB, they haven't been for a while, and some people, even if we start them up again, still wouldn't be interested.

So now I get to thinking, what if we implemented a use for Contest stats that wasn't necessarily tied to Contests? I have something in mind here.
  • All moves in FB that don't already have Contest types will be assigned them. Those that do will use whichever Contest types they have as of ORAS, since I'm pretty sure some moves changed Contest type over the generations.
  • When a Pokémon's Contest stat gets maxed out, that Pokémon is eligible to be taught any one move of the corresponding Contest type for free at the Move Tutor (possible ineligible moves would include the Let's Go partner moves, FB Custom Moves, and possibly Shadow moves as well).
  • Moreover, a Pokémon with a maxed out Contest stat would be able to learn unnatural TMs and TRs of the corresponding Contest type, regardless of Bond level, and would also be able to learn unnatural MT moves of the corresponding Contest type for the normal price of 500.
  • Perhaps there could be an extra reward for maxing out all five Contest stats as well, such as learning an Advanced Move of the player's choice? Maybe even an FB Custom Move (minus the Bond-exclusive ones)? Maybe even make a new Custom Move exclusive to this mechanic?
Open to suggestions for changes on this, but this is the general gist of what I'm thinking- higher Contest stats giving the Pokémon more of an affinity for moves of that Contest type. I don't exactly want this stepping on Bond's toes too much here, but at the same time, I feel like what I'm suggesting makes sense somewhat.
While I agree that we need literally any use for contest stats, to say this is a bit much would be an understatement. Honestly even if you cut out everything down to just bullet point two existing, the fact that we are hashing out other ways to potentially gain contest stats, and the fact that they should have an actual use beyond this in the first place, means that gaining potentially a free five moves from just throwing some items at your Pokemon here and there is a bit much, given that said moves don't have to belong to a list like MT moves at all.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #18
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 6,177
Alright, so, it seems we're looking at restricting the free moves even further. Being perfectly honest, I saw it coming. I'll go more into some ideas of mine when I get home from work.
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:33 PM   #19
Sneaze
Diamonds 20% Off
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 6,088
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
It's less restricting free moves further and more preventing them from getting out of hand. At a certain point movepools may as well just literally be hackmons and I don't think anyone really wants that.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:42 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 6,177
I guess that makes sense, yeah. With that in mind, here's what I'm thinking now;
  • Instead of learning one free move corresponding with each maxed-out Contest stat, the free move instead comes when all Contest stats are maxed out, and can obviously be of any Contest type, so that way it's only one per Pokémon.
  • The free move cannot be a Shadow move, an FB Custom Move, a Let's Go partner move, or a move currently only learnable by legendary or Mythical Pokémon (with the possible exception of Heart Swap, Dark Void, and Seed Flare, if only because they were actually TMs in FB in the past, but if I'm in the minority in wanting to make these exceptions, I won't force the issue). Open to suggestions about further limitations.
  • My suggestion about allowing unnatural TMs/TRs and discounted unnatural MT moves corresponding to maxed-out Contest stats still stands, so there's still at least something for if you only want to max out certain Contest stats on a Pokémon. And this way, the only moves in FB that would need Contest types allocated to them (until Contests themselves return, anyways) are ones that were introduced in Gen 7 or 8 that can be taught via a TM or TR or as a MT move.
__________________
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:40 AM   #21
Emp
Volcano Badge
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,014
I think just one move outside of the pool of EM/MT/TM/SM moves has the potential to be really broken too. What if someone chooses Sketch, or Fishious Rend / Bolt Beak, or several of the other moves meant to be kept at limited distribution? I’d say most moves that haven’t already been distributed as a TM/TR/MT are supposed to be special and I agree with Sneaze that it sort of becomes like playing with an Action Replay. I know several members want as much freedom as possible when it comes to their Pokemon’s movesets but I’m more of the camp that they should be realistic and closer to what the games intended. In keeping them limited it also allows each Pokemon to have their own special role/niche, for example Tangrowth is more known for its utility than wide type coverage. Compared to old-FB you can already pretty much teach your Pokemon any sort of technique, including Shadow Moves (which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me as a reward for Bond) but there’s also a nice selection of moves still exclusive to certain Pokemon.

You also have to bear in mind that we're more working on a solution for the people who care about contest stats, all of a sudden making them as valuable / moreso than Bond when most of us haven’t even been bothering to log these stats for the past 10 years feels a bit unfair. It’s also another hurdle for newcomers in catching up with older players.

While if it was up to me I’d probably be inclined to keep contest stats as is for simplicity's sake I did have an idea in reviewing the thread on the effects of abilities in adventures which I’d like to put forward. This way there could be a small, tangible benefit to raising your contest stats without making it a requisite. These could be scaled up or scaled down but just thought I’d share a starting point:

Pokemon with a max Smart stat are more intelligent than their average species. They are capable of smarter feats and often able to improvise when a strategy doesn’t go right. They are less likely to succumb to mental manipulation and mind tricks.

Pokemon with a max Cute stat are more endearing and childlike. Moves that rely on a Pokemon’s cuteness, such as Charm and Covet, are more likely to succeed in adventures. However, they are also more likely to be singled out by predatory Pokemon.

Pokemon with max Beauty stats are better groomed than their average species, which often goes to their head. They are more likely to get their way through means of attraction with moves like Attract more effective and potent than usual. A Feebas with max beauty is capable of evolving into Milotic.

Pokemon with a max Tough stat are typically more physically inclined and rough around the edges. They are also more likely to intimidate their foes and less likely to succumb to intimidation tactics themselves.

Pokemon with max Coolness have an innate charisma that makes them popular with Pokemon and humans alike. Pokemon in the wild are more likely to follow their lead and they rarely embarrass themselves.
__________________


FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2


Last edited by Emp; 09-18-2020 at 04:48 AM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:14 AM   #22
lilboocorsola
'Till we meet again
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the summer endroll
Posts: 5,307
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
You also have to bear in mind that we're more working on a solution for the people who care about contest stats, all of a sudden making them as valuable / moreso than Bond when most of us haven’t even been bothering to log these stats for the past 10 years feels a bit unfair. It’s also another hurdle for newcomers in catching up with older players.
Honestly I'm fine with just leaving Contest stats as is for the same reason. Personally I don't require any extra perks or incentive to raise them and just enjoy the aesthetic flavor/preparing for the possible return of Contests. If people want to apply them to Adventures that's cool too but I feel it's a bit subjective/between the Updator and Updatee.

Anyway the main point atm is we're trying to make Curry more appealing I suppose, but I think the Level gains should suffice to offset for anyone who doesn't care about Contest stats at all, since Leveling Up is still pretty difficult/time-consuming in general - and that in itself provides more access to (natural) Moves to play with. We can continue talks over improving function of Contest stats in the future but for now I just want to start cooking already lmao.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:35 PM   #23
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Voyager of the Stars
Posts: 3,375
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
So, quick idea I've been thinking about. Since some people have been wanting certain Genderless mon, but don't have a Ditto, I wanted to propose a service to be added to the Hatchery. Effectively a Rent-a-Ditto. A Trainer an Rent a Ditto from the hatchery for a community agreed fee and one of their breeding slots, and they'll be able to use that to breed with someone else's Pokemon. Whoever rents the Ditto keeps the Pokemon. You can rent a ditto for yourself if you do want a duplicate of that mon. This service would specifically be just for Genderless Pokemon, but if the community wants it, it could be for any Pokemon.

Thoughts?
__________________


And there may come a day
Where you forget the faces, and voices
Of those you've met along the way

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:27 PM   #24
Pearl's Perap
Soul Badge
 
Pearl's Perap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
So, quick idea I've been thinking about. Since some people have been wanting certain Genderless mon, but don't have a Ditto, I wanted to propose a service to be added to the Hatchery. Effectively a Rent-a-Ditto. A Trainer an Rent a Ditto from the hatchery for a community agreed fee and one of their breeding slots, and they'll be able to use that to breed with someone else's Pokemon. Whoever rents the Ditto keeps the Pokemon. You can rent a ditto for yourself if you do want a duplicate of that mon. This service would specifically be just for Genderless Pokemon, but if the community wants it, it could be for any Pokemon.

Thoughts?
I quite like this idea as it could incentivise people who might not have compatible 'mon to partner up with another member of the community they may not have otherwise had that kind of interaction with. Adding a cost or having the Ditto rental require the use of more breeding slots sounds like a good plan, too.

~

Having planned to add a Porygon to my team for a while, the conversation around the topic of breeding genderless 'mon on Discord caught my eye and I thought I'd make a more formal comment on the matter here. Since we can already determine which parent the offspring comes from during a compatible breed with the use of an Incense, I believe an Incense (or two - stick with me) could open more doors for non-legendary 'genderless 'mon.

With all of the non-legendary genderless 'mon being assigned egg groups, they would still need a compatible mate - they'd just need to be exuding qualities of one of the genders for the sake of breeding with this compatible mate. This would mean, for example, a Klink could mate with a Golem of either gender if it was holding a:
Materna / Paterna Incense
Genderless non-legendary Pokémon holding the Materna / Paterna Incense give off a motherly / fatherly aura
Totally just spit-balling here and would love to hear people's thoughts!
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #25
Prof.Enigma
Thunder Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
I quite like this idea as it could incentivise people who might not have compatible 'mon to partner up with another member of the community they may not have otherwise had that kind of interaction with. Adding a cost or having the Ditto rental require the use of more breeding slots sounds like a good plan, too.

~

Having planned to add a Porygon to my team for a while, the conversation around the topic of breeding genderless 'mon on Discord caught my eye and I thought I'd make a more formal comment on the matter here. Since we can already determine which parent the offspring comes from during a compatible breed with the use of an Incense, I believe an Incense (or two - stick with me) could open more doors for non-legendary 'genderless 'mon.

With all of the non-legendary genderless 'mon being assigned egg groups, they would still need a compatible mate - they'd just need to be exuding qualities of one of the genders for the sake of breeding with this compatible mate. This would mean, for example, a Klink could mate with a Golem of either gender if it was holding a:
Materna / Paterna Incense
Genderless non-legendary Pokémon holding the Materna / Paterna Incense give off a motherly / fatherly aura
Totally just spit-balling here and would love to hear people's thoughts!
I like the Idea of both of these, and have nothing to add onto them at the current time
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles;
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.