UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 07-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott #BB16

With a fair bit of discussion on Big Brother in TO, I felt it was maybe necessary to create a Big Brother thread. Currently, in the US, Big Brother 16 is running. Now, I'm new to the Big Brother scene, but my house mates watch it, and I have been roped into it a bit. After finding out, to my surprise, that it wasn't utterly terrible, I grew to like it.

It's like Total Drama, only it's slightly more real. Discuss your favourite players, people you want to see team up, or folks you just want to die. Gush about Donny's mighty beard, laugh at Derrick's Kevin Bacon nose, and theorise about just what the fuck is wrong with Devin.

I'd ask that spoilers be kept in tabs for at least a week after the episode airs, because I'm not watching the episodes on TV, instead getting them a bit later with my housemates.

First topic of discussion is Donny's Beard.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

how do i watch this

is it available in a format i would be able to watch at my own leisure

it sounds interesting but i just don't know.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
Slash
Silver LO

You can torrent it. It's what some people which may or may not include myself do.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Broadcasts are Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday nights. CBS website has cams going 24/7. TVGuide Channel show 3 hours of live feed every night

I do the first all the time, the third occasionalky and never the second. I rely on the internet to fill me in on live feeds.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

BBUK master race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #6
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Binge watched the first 8 episodes after seeing posts in the TO and despite the show being over the top and incredibly fake, I'm still hooked. Stupid reality competition shows always get to me. However, I will say....

BRITTANY <3333333333333

ZANKIE <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
Old 07-13-2014, 04:39 AM   #7
Slash
Silver LO

Dewott

Quote:
BBUK master race.
Shut up, Meg

> Charm

One of us! One of us!

It is so hilariously, unbelievably over-the-top sometimes, this is true. Like (end of week 2 spoilers)
Spoiler: show
Pow-Pow going back and forth so many times to people on whether or not she threw the competition that she totally threw.

Somehow no-one knows Derrick is a cop. He talks like one, acts like one, and he has a pig nose. He looks like Wiggum without the blue hair and on a diet.

Devin talked about how he wanted to start playing with honesty and integrity, cries about it, says he's doing it for his daughter, and then proceeds to be even more dishonest and deceitful, all the while somehow happily convinced he has the moral high ground now. "Zach told me to put him up. I certainly didn't want to, it was totally him!" He betrays everyone, most notably Donny's beard. And that is unforgivable.

Are we really supposed to believe Zach is straight, or that he and Frankie haven't done the dirty already? Come on.

But it's so addicting. It's like a cross-section of the worst humanity has to offer, all put in one house with the world's most epic beard.

Also, for some reason I think/hope Donny might be gay. Maybe it's because no man takes that good care of his beard unless his boyfriend asks him to.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
It is so hilariously, unbelievably over-the-top sometimes, this is true. Like (end of week 2 spoilers)
Pow-Pow going back and forth so many times to people on whether or not she threw the competition that she totally threw.

Somehow no-one knows Derrick is a cop. He talks like one, acts like one, and he has a pig nose. He looks like Wiggum without the blue hair and on a diet.

Devin talked about how he wanted to start playing with honesty and integrity, cries about it, says he's doing it for his daughter, and then proceeds to be even more dishonest and deceitful, all the while somehow happily convinced he has the moral high ground now. "Zach told me to put him up. I certainly didn't want to, it was totally him!" He betrays everyone, most notably Donny's beard. And that is unforgivable.

Are we really supposed to believe Zach is straight, or that he and Frankie haven't done the dirty already? Come on.

But it's so addicting. It's like a cross-section of the worst humanity has to offer, all put in one house with the world's most epic beard.

Also, for some reason I think/hope Donny might be gay. Maybe it's because no man takes that good care of his beard unless his boyfriend asks him to.
Regardless of whether Pow-pow threw the comp. or not, she was going to lose anyway. She's just that bad at competitions.

I don't think Derrick being the only logically-minded and calm person in the house makes it enough of a giveaway to the rest of the house that he's a cop. His talking does sound cop-like I guess, but I feel it's due more to the side of him just being a rational person.

I feel bad for Devin's daughter when she grows up and sees her father acting like a complete tool on TV.

I'm pretty sure Zach is, at the very least, questioning his sexuality. Cozying up with Frankie to that extent is pretty suspicious... and kind of cute :3

I can't get over how hot Brittany is and I really can't believe that Cody is the only guy in the house that actually comments on her hotness. Like shit, are they all blind or do they just not want to go into milf territory?

I'm not sure about Donny. He's a sweetheart, but he's mentioned his girlfriend several times and I don't think beards like that are an uncommon sight in North Carolina... or at least in the area he's from.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
This is basically what I'm living on these days.

#zankiepls
Old 07-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #10
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Is American BB the same in that there's fuckloads of bullying from people ganging up against certain smaller cliques?
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Is American BB the same in that there's fuckloads of bullying from people ganging up against certain smaller cliques?
Haven't watched it in years. But as recently as 2011, I would say that the pattern of play tends to be Team 1, Team 2 (with little to no overlap), and drifters (as applicable). For example, young vs. old, jocks vs. nerds, Pair 1 & Pair 2 vs. Pair 3 & Pair 4, etc. There usually isn't any bullying. Just that when Team 1 is living the high life, Team 2 is scraping the bottom of the barrel and quite miserable, cross, unamused, etc. Players can become very loyal to their alliance mates and very nasty towards houseguests in the other alliance(s), but bullying? No, not as I can recall. Pretty sure that if you tried to do crap like that (e.g. turning the shower water cold, dumping their clothes in the pool, spreading ketchup in their bed, etc) that you'd be called to the diary room for punishment -- and possibly eviction from the house.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #12
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Wasn't referring to physical bullying and pranks, more towards that nastiness you described.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

In the game right now:

There's a massive 8 person alliance picking off "the Outsiders," as they're called, so it's super clique-y and obnoxious. Things probably aren't going to get interesting unless the minority group can pick up an HOH win and break off the majority.

Showmances keeping it entertaining, though. And Victoria's stupid stories. xd
Old 07-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #14
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Ok yeah, it's exactly the same then. Fun.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #15
Charminions
Your reality is mine

So disappointed that nasal-voiced Nicole is coming back. Zach or Hayden would've been way more interesting.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

My namesake left the game and I am heartbroken. But if he wasn't a fucking champ about the whole thing. Fuck Frankie.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

If helps, BBUK was a complete fix. As in, "the winner's agent owns the channel the show was on" fix.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #18
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
If helps, BBUK was a complete fix. As in, "the winner's agent owns the channel the show was on" fix.
Since when do channel owners double as agents? O_o
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #19
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

King.

BORKED

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment