Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #26
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Phoenix is main character again.

Thank Allah for that. This game may force me to get a 3DS. sigh

EDIT: Also, new female sidekick.

Last edited by Tyranidos; 09-05-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Tyranidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #27
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #28
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Disappointing to hear he has a new female partner but ...

(spoiler tagging since not everyone has played the fourth game yet)
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by the linked-to article at the top of Tdos' article
Ace Attorney 5 is set one year after the events of Ace Attorney 4 and sees Phoenix Wright return to being a lawyer. The game's first chapter involves an explosion at the courthouse.
It looks like Capcom is dedicated to retaining Ace Attorney 4 as canon rather than writing it off as an alternate universe future. I think 99% of fans when they first pick up the fourth Ace Attorney game are disappointed (to put it mildly ^^; ) that ten years have passed and Phoenix's career is in shambles, the man a drunken hobo shadow of his former self, etc.; but I also believe that 30% or so (and maybe more) of fans, by the end of the game, come to like what Capcom did with the story. I found myself among that 30%. Yes, it's obviously tragic to lose ten years of your life you can never get back ... but like, he didn't really lose them. He invested them. It was a bold, risky investment the consequences of which were (1) sniffing out one of the most corrupt prosecutors in the country and more importantly (2) reforming the legal system in Japan to include a trial by jury with common sense playing into verdicts rather than the strict old model of "if you don't have physical evidence then you don't have a case period." Personally, I loved that, and I loved that Phoenix was at the front and center of it. So I am cool with Capcom saying, "Ace Attorney 4 is canon, like it or not."

That stated, I am really surprised that Ace Attorney 5 is not a continuation from where Ace Attorney 3 left off. In fact, when I first wrote up this reply that was totally my assumption from reading Tdos' article. It wasn't until I went back looking for some more info that I clicked on the link at the top and discovered confirmation that the game takes place after Ace Attorney 4. That's pretty crazy. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright clearly demonstrates that Capcom isn't afraid to take us back to the past when Maya was still a teenager. But I guess Capcom decided that there wasn't enough canon space between the end of 3 and the beginning of 4 to allow for (as an example) three in-universe years' worth of courtroom cases to take place across three video games. So they were confronted with a dilemma: either throw Ace Attorney 4 out with the bathwater or else retain it and set Ace Attorney 5 after it. And they chose the latter.

For me, the news is bittersweet. I'm sure for most of you it's bitter that Ace Attorney 4 is canon and Ace Attorney 5 will be taking place after it. ^^; But I can't deny that I'm a little disappointed myself with some of the ramifications of this decision. Even if I personally enjoyed Ace Attorney 4, I too would have been okay with them writing it off as an alternate universe sort of thing. (It would have allowed me to choose to believe that it is the future for our Phoenix while it would have allowed those of you who hated Ace Attorney 4 to happily write it off as a bad fanfic.) And the primary reason I would have been okay with it ... is because Ace Attorney 4 seems to suggest that neither Maya, Pearl, nor Iris are in Phoenix's life at all. Which was one of the biggest blows to the gut Ace Attorney 4's story delivered. Depicting Phoenix as a loser depressed bachelor who dresses like a bum, is half-shaven, and still doesn't have a wife ten or more years after Game 3 basically screamed "Things didn't pan out with either Maya or Iris." Which is kerrazy. >_< Please one camp and you displease the other, sure, I understand that, but ... by having him wind up with neither, you ended up upsetting both camps, Capcom! ^^; And where's Pearl? She doesn't even visit? Ace Attorney 4 took place over the course of how many months? And she doesn't even swing by to say hello to Uncle Nick? C'mon, Capcom, that's crap and you know it. Totally wanted to see Timeskip Pearl.

Still, I'm excited to see what Capcom tries to do with the jury system. It'll be interesting to see how rigidly or how flexibly it's programmed. Will it be a linear path sort of thing where you have to persuade the juror the game is telling you to persuade at any given moment? Or will you be free to try and persuade any of the jurors at any point? Will a simple majority suffice or will you have to persuade all of the jurors such that a unanimous verdict is reached? I can definitely see one of the cases being one where a critical juror is killed in the middle of the trial. I'm sure Capcom won't be able to resist toying with that sort of story.

So for the reasons outlined above, while I am disappointed to hear that news, I respect it. If Capcom wishes to depict Maya returning to Kurain Village after the events of Ace Attorney 3 to resume her training as the next head of the Fey clan, that's fine by me just so long as she isn't out of the picture for good. Maya was never planning to become a lawyer in the first place so I'm okay with Feeny finding a protégée who will be his new sidekick while she's in training. If Mystic Maya isn't around though, that definitely suggests that Pearls won't be either. *sigh* Oh well: there's always cameos.

Although wait a second ... why the hell isn't Apollo Justice Phoenix's protégé!? Why would Phoenix need a new partner when he's already got Trucy (his ward) and Apollo? I wonder if the girl in yellow is really Phoenix's new partner or whether she's just someone who teams up with him for the introductory case. That could be it. 'Cause it just makes no sense whatsoever to decide on having Ace Attorney 5 be a sequel to Ace Attorney 4 but to then write Apollo and Trucy out of the picture.

Now that I realize it's still post-timeskip, I ...
  • am looking forward to seeing Trucy and Apollo again
  • am looking forward to seeing Timeskip Pearl (DAMN YOU, CAPCOM, YOU'D BETTER!)
  • am looking forward to seeing Timeskip Phoenix reach out to Timeskip Maya just so we as fans can find out what the status of their relationship was over the past ten years. Did Phoenix drop all contact with her? Did they stay in touch bunches but Game 4 just totally forgot to mention it? Is there any chemistry there?
  • am looking forward to seeing whether they address the love triangle from the end of Game 3 now that Phoenix is back in the driver's seat. Will laugh my ass off if they did in fact pair Iris up with the Butz. (Poor Muyo! ^^; )
  • am looking forward to the possibility of timeskip Edgeworth x Franziska material ... like a wedding ring? :O

There is one disappointing bit of information from Tdos' article though guys.
Quote:
Based off the reports we're reading from people who get Famitsu in advance, Shu Takumi is not fully involved with Ace Attorney 5, as he's busy on Layton vs Ace Attorney. The magazine lists Motohide Eshiro as producer, Takeshi Yamazaki as scenario director, and Noriyuki Iwadare on music.
Quoth the Wiki,
Quote:
Shu Takumi (巧 舟 Takumi Shū) is a Japanese video game developer working at Capcom who is the main developer of the core Ace Attorney series, serving as director and scriptwriter for each game. In addition, he provided the Japanese voice for Phoenix Wright throughout the series and composed the song "Guitar's Serenade," for the video game Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.
This is less a case of a Miyamoto-less Mario game and is more a case of a Kojima-less Metal Gear. You, uh, kinda can't count on Ace Attorney 5 to even feel like an Ace Attorney game when the man who was both the director and scriptwriter for each and every single one of the previous games is suddenly not involved with the project. The guy they hired to write the script for this game, a Mr. Yamazaki Takeshi, is the guy who apparently directed Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. While I enjoyed that game, it was definitely a decline from Ace Attorney 4 imo and of course it famously deviated from the Ace Attorney formula considerably. So I'm left wondering why in the blue blazes is Takumi prioritizing the The Flintstones Meet the Jetsons game and not what ostensibly is a main series game? It bodes extremely well for the crossover title that he and Capcom are taking it so seriously and want it to be a Phoenix Wright game fans will never forget ... but it bodes incredibly poorly for 5 that the man who has cradled this franchise every step of the way is barely even involved with it. ^^;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #29
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Good lord September has flown by. I was going to say "I wonder why we missed this trailer" when I saw it was from September 19th ... but then I noticed this thread had fallen back onto page 2 and hasn't been posted in for like three weeks. Coulda sworn it was just one week ago we were discussing this. Anyway ...

BORKED

Official video trailer for Ace Attorney 5.

Looks like this game is going to unrelentingly drill it into my head that Phoenix is on the right side of the courtroom when facing the judge instead of the left. Every time it came up in the earlier games (which was pretty rare), it always took me aback. Because of how they present Phoenix's side of the bench I always assumed we were facing the judge and Phoenix was on our left; likewise, I always assumed the prosecutor was on our right. It's so, so weird to me to think that whenever we see the two we're seeing them from the judge's perspective instead of seeing them (as makes sense to me) from the gallery's. But oh well! 'Cause it looks like we'll be doing quite a bit of fancy-schmancy 3D axis swivel camera tricks when we go from one side of the court to the other and it's going to make it perfectly clear that Phoenix is on the right side (when we're facing the judge) instead of the left.

The animations don't look too bad. Of course I miss the charm of the 2-D drawings from the previous four games (or six if you count the Miles Edgeworth Investigates series) but these 3-D dolls really do look a lot better than they might've.

Not really sure what the deal is with the new "press the witness" system. Guess none of us will until we actually have the game in our hands for ourselves and we can judge whether it's superior to or inferior to Psyche Locks and Apollo's magic bangle. It looks like our sidekick in this game is something of a profiler. She's shown telling Phoenix at 1m21s that when the defendant said the word "defense attorney" (and only then) she felt great anger from him.

At 1m39s they reveal the sidekick's name: Kokone. I don't recall if we knew it from the CoroCoro magazine scans yet or not.

EDIT: Was re-watching the trailer and paid closer to attention to the bit around 0m50s. It looks like they reveal Kokone's occupation, which is:

she's a fellow defense attorney. This kind of begs the question rather loudly why Phoenix is taking an 18-year old rookie defense attorney for a sidekick when he already has Apollo. ^_^; I figured the justification for passing over Apollo would be that Apollo needs to trek out on his own as a DA and do his own cases rather than being Mr. Wright's aide; but like, if they were just gonna give Phoenix a fellow defense attorney to be his assistant anyway, why not have kept the Boy Wonder around? ^^; I guess we'll find out once the game starts whether the legal firm is the offices of Wright & Justice or whether it's just the office of Phoenix Wright.

Speaking of which! In some of the previous games, we have gotten to play one case or part of one case as someone other than Phoenix. So like the part in PW3 where we play as Mia Fey. This makes me optimistically wonder: might we get a chance to play as Apollo Justice in one of the four to five cases? I would like that very much. :o Play as Phoenix in four of them and play as Apollo in one of them (assuming five cases total). I think it'd be cute, great fun. Apollo's sidekick is Trucy (which was more or less the case anyway in Apollo Justice) while Kokone is Phoenix's sidekick. Together they are partners in a law firm, the very best in Japan! In fact, they could really make it work well if they did something like this:
  • Case 1: Phoenix, stand-alone case
  • Case 2: Phoenix, stand-alone case
  • Case 3: Phoenix, a case which will have ramifications for Case 5
  • Case 4: Apollo, a case which will have ramifications for Case 5
  • Case 5: Phoenix: a case where the events of Cases 3 and 4 come together and reveal that there's something big going on
IMO that'd be a great way to let Phoenix be the star here that fans know and love but to also not abandon Apollo completely. Thoughts? (Please reply in labeled spoiler box text. Daisy and others still have yet to complete Ace Attorney 4.)

Last edited by Talon87; 09-24-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #30
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I think the main reason PW has a new female assistant instead of Apollo is simply:

Sausage fest.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #31
deoxys
Fog Badge

New images from CoroCoro.

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #32
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Someone tweeted the first picture to me earlier this morning. I was like, "Neuuuuuu, spoiler! D:" And then was like "Weeeeell ... you were probably gonna find out ANYWAY, Talon, I mean ... COME ON! ^^;"

I just hope that those bandages on his arms and over his eye are for decoration and/or are temporary. I'll be pissed if the project manager decided that to make Apollo relevant to the interests of his fans and his critics alike that they'd rob him of an eye. "It's his moe charm point! ... it works for girls, right? "

Glad to know for certain though that he will be in the game. It's looking like my theory about Phoenix Phoenix Phoenix Apollo Phoenix for the case order might be right on the money. We'll see, though! We'll see!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I'll be pissed if the project manager decided that to make Apollo relevant to the interests of his fans and his critics alike that they'd rob him of an eye. "It's his moe charm point! ... it works for girls, right? "

Separated at birth.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Fall 2013 for North America & Europe

3DS Digital Download ONLY.

No word on pricing yet but it'll prolly be lolworthy.

-.-

Welp, that's another series dead to me!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #35
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Fall 2013 for North America & Europe

3DS Digital Download ONLY.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. No way. I hate the idea of digital downloads for games. I don't want to lose my game if a) the console I installed it on dies and b) the company turns off the tap and says "If you want it again, pay up again. "

Yeah, this is an awful idea. Dunno what they're thinking. Hopefully they change their mind. Doubtful. They sure as hell didn't care when fans asked for Edgeworth 2, and we still don't have any indication that they've listened to us for Prof. Layton vs. Phoenix Wright either.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

BORKED

The latest trailer is out, and with it a whole bunch of confirmation about various character appearances, roles, and so forth. If you don't want any spoilers, then don't click. If you're excited to learn more about Ace Attorney 5, then click, click ahead!

TIMESKIP PEARL! Hoorah. Although we all knew this was going to happen. It had to happen. After the disappointment that was hers and Maya's absence from Ace Attorney 4, you just knew that they had to show up, even if only for a brief cameo or something. To that point, we still don't know what role Pearls will play here. She could just be an eye witness for one case, or she could be someone who tags along with Phoenix and Athena. Who knows.

Klavier Gavin is also confirmed for a return appearance. Again, we don't know in what capacity, other than that he's not the game's primary prosecutor.

Miles Edgeworth is confirmed for a return appearance. He appears to matter to the story, somewhat, yes, maybe? But again, he too is not the prosecutor.

So who is the new prosecutor? Well ... it's some new guy. ^^; He appears to be a former prosecutor who was convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison. For reasons that astonish even Phoenix Wright, this man is allowed to serve the court once more as a prosecutor despite still being a prisoner, still wearing his shackles and chains. He looks a bit too unrealistic, but then again, I thought the same thing about Godot and look how much he grew on all of us. So I'll not write the new guy off just yet. Let's just hope he's fun and interesting.

There appears to be a new detective on the force, and there's absolutely no sign of Dick Gumshoe. This has some fans speculating that Gumshoe has become the chief of police in the timeskipped universe. Who knows, though I'd be pretty surprised if that man were ever entrusted with that office. He's honest, sure, God bless 'im, but man if he isn't a bit of an oaf. ^^;

Still no sign of Ema Skye, but she's sure to show up given Apollo and ...

Trucy! \o/ I could've sworn we'd seen Trucy already, but judging from fans' comments apparently not? ^^; Well, either way, Trucy's back too. So yeah, this title promises to be as much a treat for fans of Ace Attorney 4 as for anyone else. They've just gotta have Ema. In fact ...

... maybe that's the plan for the teams? Maybe the teams will be Team Phoenix (Phoenix, Athena, Pearl) and Team Apollo (Apollo, Trucy, Ema). So you see Pearl in the Phoenix cases and you see Ema in the Apollo ones. *shrug* Who knows.

Still no sign of Mystic Maya. But maybe they're saving that one for once you play the game and discover her inclusion for yourself. Whether she's in Kurain Village or not, Phoenix has *got* to meet up with her at some point. Don't let us down!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #37
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

All I can say is this. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #38
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

This seems relevent:

Quote:
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/442...pment-schedule

"The reason we are releasing the game as digital only is not primarily due to a lack of retail support," he said in a recent interview. "One of the main reasons we went for a digital version is it wil be more convenient for the users. We felt that if someone will be interested in Dual Destinies they will want to get it right away, and if we offer a digital version, instead of going to a store however many miles away, they can just download it directly to their 3DS."
Oh so now its not because of retail support its because of convenience. OK.

Quote:
Eshiro added that if there if fans push hard for a physical release, Capcom will consider releasing a physical boxed version of Ace Attorney — Dual Destinies.
Another of Capcpoms infamous tests!

Pro-Tip: Capcom test results only ever end in more tests.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #39
Talon87
時の彼方へ

How exactly can fans ever hope to push hard enough for a physical release? Capcom ignores petitions and most fans would not purchase the same game twice just to own a physical copy. So it's only going to go one of two ways: either fans cave and buy the digital version, at which point Capcom happily offers a physical alternative but one which few fans still need/want; or else fans dig in their heels waiting for a physical release, and then Capcom says "Well we're not going to release a physical copy since the game's digital sales were so pisspoor as to prove us right that the Ace Attorney market in America is deader 'n dirt!"

How much would a digital copy sell for? $35-40 like most DS games? Or are they at least cheaper, like $15-20? If the latter, I'll probably end up doing that, because having a digital copy is better than having no copy at all. If the former though, then argghgjushasasioaioaiopasopa.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #40
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I'm not gonna cave. Physical or bust! Knowing Crapcom never cares about stuff like this I dunno if I'll do something like shooting 'em a mail or somethin. Even if they do hear peeps calling for a retail release they'll prolly change their story. Retail support? Nice pricing? Convenience? Less time between JP/Western release? I bet they can dig up a couple more things ta backtrack on later!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #41
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If you're serious about writing them, I can join with you. I'm normally way too lazy / apathetic for stuff like this, but sure, I can fire off a polite, brief letter to Capcom if I know where to send it (as in where it's most likely to be read and have an effect, not be tossed in the trash unopened).

As for caving, yeah, normally I'd dig in my heels for something like this and just be patient -- "I'm in no rush!" -- but there are a few factors in this situation that make it different for me:
  1. I'd like to not be spoiled on the game's story. I imagine I'll be spoiled on the game's story before this time next year. I just don't see it not happening. I have far too many friends (here and elsewhere) who play Phoenix Wright games, and one of them is bound to let something slip like "the wedding" or "Feeney's mom" or "Athena was the most surprising villain ever! :o" Something. Thus, I'd best play the game as soon as possible.
  2. With a digital-only release, once the digital well dries up and they take the game off of their sales servers (unlikely but you never know ...), that's it. No more game for you. It's different with physical copies for which there's always the resale market (eBay and the like) to fall back on if need be.
  3. Nintendo has a poor track record when it comes to bonus digital downloads for their non-main series games. For example, with Pokémon Conquest, they only offered the downloadable bonus missions up until last Christmas. If you didn't get them before the deadline, then too bad for you but you're never gonna get 'em. That's dumb. Well, we know that at least in Japan, this game plans to have DLC for people who pre-order. (Phoenix, Apollo, and Athena each get bonus suits.) While I'm not too fussed about bonus suits, it would be nice to have Phoenix's, which is his PW1-3 suit. More to the point though, I'd rather have a "100% complete" copy of my game than some "forever 99.9% complete but never 100% complete" copy of the game.
Admittedly, #2 and #3 on that list are a bit silly, but I listed them just because they are actual factors going through my mind. Really though, this is mostly about #1, the spoiler issue.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #42
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Nintendo has a poor track record when it comes to bonus digital downloads for their non-main series games. For example, with Pokémon Conquest, they only offered the downloadable bonus missions up until last Christmas. If you didn't get them before the deadline, then too bad for you but you're never gonna get 'em.
wat

I didn't even know that was a thing >.<;

As for the written letters, there's an easier route if we are ta believe Sven (don't believe his lies):

Quote:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...i2-tidbit?pg=4

In the days after we announced AA5 for the West being digital only, and the requests of others for a physical release, we mobilized our US team to put together possible options that may address the concerns.

As a part of that process, Eshiro-san and I have met mulitple times, including the morning where he gave the interview where he made the statement above. I was not quite ready to open the possibility to folks until we had a few more ducks in a row but Eschiro suggested he mention the potential in an an interview he was having that afternoon.

So, if you'd like to be heard, you can post on this thread (I'll leave it open), PM me on Capcom-Unity or hit up my twitter (@chrissvensson) as many folks already have. I need some additional ammo and these requests fit that need.

If things go well and demand is there, in a few weeks I may be able to present an option that puts the ball back in the fans' court (in "tennis" terms, not "of law" terms). I want to stress the word "may" so as to not misrepresent the situation or promise anything. We are trying. Again, timing and pricing would be at a disadvantage to the digital option as an assumption you should make.

On the AAI2 front, Eshiro is very much a man who could push make that happen so I'm glad who whoever asked that question, did so, but I've got nothing more I can add there. I feel the point above is valid.
Just gotta join the Crapcom message forums or twitters to pester him directly~
Old 06-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #43
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Twitter I can easily do. The forums sound less appealing as blegh digging up an old crap e-mail account to register on their crap corporate forums, but sure, I can do it. In any event, I think the compelling evidence for them would be the photo I would submit alongside my post/tweet: me holding my five physical copies of the five Ace Attorney games that have been released over here. Super compelling, well duh, of course not. But it beats the empty whining of the ROM kiddos with no real purchase history to back it up. If enough people do what I do -- if enough people send in pictures of their complete collections -- then maybe, maybe, that would make some sort of a difference.

Capcom: JACK THE PRICE UP OF THE DIGITAL VERSION TO $100 BECAUSE THESE SUCKERS'LL PAY ANYTHING FOR MORE PHOENIX!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #44
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

So apparently this game is released in three weeks and I did not know this.

TALON YOU HAVE FAILED ME.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #45
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

This game is coming out tomorrow. I didn't know it was going to be M-rated.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #46
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I am ready to go all "shut up and take my credit card info" on this tomorrow :3 Unfortunately, I'll be able to download it only next week, because fork you limited bandwidth -_-

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #47
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This game is probably my #1 reason right now for not rushing into purchasing a 3DS-generation device. I really hate that Nintendo's digital downloads are locked to the console rather than to the credit card that purchased them, an account holder's account, etc. I want to be sure that whatever console I am downloading Ace Attorney 5 to, that's the console I'll be owning "forever".
Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #48
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

*hyperventilates* I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW GUYS YOU CANNOT EVEN HANDLE ME
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #49
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Oh ya this game I'm not buying is out soon huh? Hope ta catch a good lp of it in the near future, or not. Kinda below even apathy levels here.

Quote:
This game is probably my #1 reason right now for not rushing into purchasing a 3DS-generation device. I really hate that Nintendo's digital downloads are locked to the console rather than to the credit card that purchased them, an account holder's account, etc. I want to be sure that whatever console I am downloading Ace Attorney 5 to, that's the console I'll be owning "forever".
Plus ya can only do a "System Transfer" 5 times so yes you better make sure the 3DS you get is the one ya want for keeps! An if their next handheld is BC well theres a transfer right there... which also has the benefit of making your download games no longer playable on the 3DS you sent 'em from lol. Nintendo isn't the reason I'm anti-download but they sure don't help any!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #50
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

I never plan on downloading games onto my 3DS until Nintendo makes the games tied to an account. I'm ok with it for a home console, but not a handheld.

EDIT: If anyone cares, the game is getting great reviews. But apparently the gameplay is much easier than before.

Last edited by Tyranidos; 10-24-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Tyranidos is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games