UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 10-19-2021, 11:57 PM   #51
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Welp, that was a miscalculation. Smack a shield with STORED POWER (20 BP) then. (Boosted by Twisted Spoon)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:49 AM   #52
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:07 PM   #53
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, then.

There comes a time in the lives of many, if not most, where they need to just stop for a second, take a step back, take a deep breath, and try and evaluate that which has just occurred. And for Keith, Willa, and Maribel Masters, that moment was right here and now. They had seen the Garbodor set up a barrier. They had seen this with their own eyes- they were all in agreement on this. And yet- and yet! Rubeus's Max Starfall, rather than hitting said shield, ended up hitting the Garbodor itself for positively piddly damage, complete with setting the battlefield up with a swirling Misty Terrain. And as if that weren't enough, this impact, in a cruel ironic twist, appeared to be the straw that broke the Numel's back, forcing Garbodor to erect an actual barrier upon being hit by the mysteriously mediocre Max Move.

"...What," the three Masterses said simultaneously, acting in unison to break what had been a prolonged stunned silence.

"FISK?!" Rubeus thundered disbelievinglly, his booming voice sounding just as bewildered as the humans. This told all present that it wasn't just the humans, either- he, too, had seen the shield Garbodor had supposedly set up.

"...OK, so, you guys saw that, though, right?" Keith said. "That Garbodor had definitely put up a shield."

"I kmow, Keith, I saw it, too," Willa nodded, sounding just as bewildered as her husband. "This... What... But how?"

"Maybe it played a trick on us somehow," Maribel suggested. "Garbodor do have some degree of psychic power, right, Dad?" she asked Keith.

"I... somewhat, yeah," Keith nodded. "Not a lot, but, like, comparable to what a Weezing can do, in some ways. Ariana does know Psychic..."

"And this is the first any of us have even known of Gigantamax Garbodor's existence," Willa reminded her husband. "It's entirely feasible Gigantamaxing grants Garbodor strange powers we cannot fathom."

"...Also true," Keith nodded again. He looked at the ground all around them- or rather, at what was mostly obscuring their view of it. "And hey- Misty Terrain," he shrugged. "Status conditions are always a concern when you're facing a Poison-type."

"STUN FISK," rumbled Rubeus in agreement. This, indeed, was the closest he had come to playing any sort of supporting role in this battle at all, which was ironic since that was his intention from the start.

"Then at least some good potentially came out of this," smiled Maribel.

Keith nodded, now smiling as well. "Indeed," he agreed. "All right- I think it's time we do our part and chip away at that shield," he added, for now Garbodor had put up an actual shield, one which others around them had already been chopping away at. "...for real, this time," he added sheepishly.

"I couldn't agree more," Willa said with a small smile as she took hold of her husband's hand, subsequently helping to erase the last of his sheepishness from his expression. The couple shared a quick kiss at this moment.

With that, the family whispered among themselves for a moment yet again, before turning to face the Gigantamax Garbodor once more. "USE! MAX!! MINDSTOOOOOORM!!!" they called out in unison.

OOC: Rubeus used Max Mindstorm (130 BP; base move is Psychic (90 BP))
Old 10-22-2021, 05:43 AM   #54
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Hex (130 BP)

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:55 AM   #55
Connor
Flashbacker

Raid Boss Gigantamax Garbodor
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 46%
Shields Up: 0
Raiders: Misty Terrain (4)
KOs: 1

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Gunk Shot (120 BP)
Leo, Raichu: 254 HP

Attack 2: Garbodor was fully paralysed!

Attack 3: Max Quake (130 BP)
MM, Stunfisk: 204 HP

Raid Challengers

Zelphon, Shadow Dragapult: 100 HP
Leo, Raichu: 254 HP
Yuki, Espeon: 500 HP [Twisted Spoon]
MM, Stunfisk: 204 HP [Dynamax, 1 rounds remaining]
Raves, Garchomp: 190 HP
grassyglide, Vivillon: 600 HP [Shadow Lance] [Recovered]
CCK, Mismagius: 400 HP
myahoo, Sableye: 600 HP

With their unfortunate miscalculation landing them in rather a pickle, the Raiders rally, each issuing the order to assail the castle. Shields are broken in quick succession, a look of desperation beginning to sink into the sunken eyes of Garbodor. As Stunfisk shatters two with a rousing Max Mindstorm, Dragapult finally rips down the last barrier, much to the dismay of the interloper. With a squelchy roar, he retaliates by smashing Raichu into a nearby tree, the immense Gunk Shot lifting the electric mouse clean off his feet. Further brutalisation is avoided by the skin of teeth as Garbodor is briefly locked up with spasming paralysis - but this moments reprieve is soon swept away as Stunfisk is beset by a tremoring Max Quake.

Dynamax initiative: MM, Stunfisk

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but up $500 may be collected for role played responses of equivalent words, per standard rules, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, 24th October to place your order.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:17 AM   #56
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Shadow End (120 BP)

Old 10-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #57
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Did somebody say recoil? Let's nuke it with a Volt Tackle (120 BP!)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #58
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Hurricane (110BP, Shadow Lance boosted crit rate)
Old 10-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #59
myahoo
Soul Badge

And right back to Assurance (60 BP, x2 for prior damage)!
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:07 AM   #60
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Drill Run (85 BP, high crit rate) to slap em for a chunk.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:20 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

What had happened in this moment had, for some time, been a bit of a hazy patch in the recollections of the Masterses' minds. Why, exactly, no one knows for sure. Maybe it was residual weirdness from Rubeus's max Mindstorm, which, while it obviously couldn't have its effect of setting up Psychic Terrain due to the fact that it was helping to break down the Gigantamax Garbodor's shield, still gave off more than a little strange power in its own right. Maybe it was a little leftover stunned disbelief at the fact that the Max Starfall was not, in fact, hitting a shield of any sort, and was instead hitting the literal mountain of garbage itself, the stunned disbelief that a misstep of such egregiousness was even possible for anyone to make, let along an entire family of observant and highly skilled Pokémon Trainers.

In any case, that may well be for the best, since nothing of too dire consequence had happened in this time. I mean, aside from everyone's collective efforts helping to take down the Gigantamax Garbodor's shield in its entirety- that was certainly something of consequence! But no- the next volley of attacks Garbodor had unleashed in retaliation had not been too devastating. True enough, the Raichu was slammed with a forceful Gunk Shot, but it didn't even end up poisoned. The Max Quake struck Rubeus for super effective damage, true enough, but the Normal Form Stunfisk was still Dynamaxed at this juncture, and so he took the hit reasonably well. And best of all, between those two attacks, Garbodor had clearly wanted to use yet another move, but the paralysis it was beplagued with chose that most opportune moment to rear its ugly head and stop whatever move it had planned before it could start!

"OK," exhaled Maribel. "It looks like we're in a pretty good position right now."

"Indeed," Willa nodded slowly in agreement. "The shield is down, as is its Defense. The Max Quake will have bolstered its Special Defense some, though, so we'll need to be cautious of that."

"For sure," Keith agreed. "Well, I don't think that'll be an obstacle we can't overcome," he stated. "All we need is a good physical Ground move."

"Indeed, yes," Willa nodded. "But... correct me if I am wrong, but Rubeus does not actually know how to use Earthquake, I believe?"

"No, no, you're correct," Keith nodded. "But Earthquake is hardly the only physical Ground move, now is it?"

"Well, yes, I suppose there's Dig and Stomping Tantrum," conceded Willa. "But if we're talking about a base move for a Max Move, the stronger the better... and if that's the case, would it not be more prudent for the base move of this one to be Earth Power?"

At this, Keith's grin widened. "You forget one thing, my dear," he said. "You haven't listed all of Rubeus's physical Ground moves, not by a long shot. I believe you've left one out- the very move that cleaved the entirety of Mt. Chaos in half, forming Justice Fissure, the very location where you caught Kommo-o, if I remember your story correctly?"

Willa's eyes widened. "...you mean that can-" she began.

"That can indeed," Keith nodded. "And it'll make for every bit as powerful a Max Move as Earthquake would."

With this all agreed upon, the Masterses turned back to face Garbodor. "USE! MAX!! QUAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!" they called out in unison.

OOC: Rubeus used Max Quake (130 BP; Base move is Fissure (OHKO BP))

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-03-2021 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:46 AM   #62
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
Old 10-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #63
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCreeperKid View Post
Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
What he said (Boosted by Twisted Spoon)
Old 10-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #64
Connor
Flashbacker

★★★★★

Health Gauge: 25%
Raiders: Misty Terrain (3)
KOs: 5

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Giga Impact (150 BP)
MM, Stunfisk: 0 HP

Attack 2: Sludge Wave (95 BP)
Zelphon, Dragapult: 0 HP
Leo, Raichu: 42 HP
Raves, Garchomp: 87
CCK, Mismagius: 0 HP

Attack 3: Max Quake (130 BP)
Leo, Raichu: 0 HP

Raid Challengers

Zelphon, Shadow Dragapult: 0 HP [Fainted]
Leo, Raichu: 0 HP [Fainted]
MM, Stunfisk: 0 HP [Fainted]
Raves, Garchomp: 87 HP
grassyglide, Vivillon: 600 HP [Shadow Lance]
CCK, Mismagius: 0 HP [Fainted]

Wind in their sails, the Raiders coalesce, looking for the final push which would put their adversary down. Only misfortune awaited them. Starting strong, Dragapult and Raichu both put their bodies on the line, rushing forwards to deliver explosive tackles which leave Garbodor reeling. These are quickly followed by similarly powerful blows, not least a Max Quake from Stunfisk. Then everything hits the fan. Garbodor swiftly ends Stunfisk with a Giga Impact, then turns on a group of others, a Sludge Wave leaving a barely conscious Raichu and Garchomp standing. As if to add insult to injury, Garbodor launches a Max Quake of his own, sending Raichu to meet his friends.

Dynamax initiative: Expired

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but up $500 may be collected for role played responses of equivalent words, per standard rules, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Wednesday, 27th October to place your order.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #65
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Cheering to heal Garchomp

Old 10-25-2021, 08:07 AM   #66
Lil'twick
Insanity

Also cheering the Garchomp

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #67
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Avenge them with a drill run (85 BP, high crit rate).
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #68
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Everyone was working together, combining their efforts, all in the attempt to finish the fight and finish it fast, with Rubeus in particular contributing a powerful Max Quake, using a friggin' OHKO move as the base move. It was, therefore, with no small amount of shock and surprise that everyone present realized that Garbodor was still friggin' standing at the end of all of this. And what was worse, Garbodor was now about to fight back.

The Giga Impact came first. A solid, powerful blow, so powerful it actually matched the strength of what its corresponding Max Strike would have achieved, and Keith must have jumped a foot in the air upon hearing the explosions from behind him. That Giga Impact had been, somehow, some way, sufficient to fell the gigantic Stunfisk, who now lay, normal sized and totally knocked out, on the ground.

"...Rubeus, return," Keith stated, holding out the Ground Ball and withdrawing the flat fish. Right away, he could feel it- Dynamax Energy rising up, swirling around the Ground Ball, working its gradual restorative magic on the ball's occupant. "I... wow," he murmured. "That was..."

"Indeed," Willa agreed, taking hold of her husband's free hand. "I thought Rubeus was doing well enough that a single blow wouldn't have knocked him out..."

"Don't forget, that Garbodor had been boosting its Attack power," Maribel reminded them. "And Giga Impact is no joke as it is, either."

"True," Keith conceded. "I- oh, geez!" he exclaimed as Garbodor then let loose its Sludge Wave. A powerful attack that crashed over four of the still-conscious Pokémon, and knocking half of them out! The Shadow Dragapult and the Mismagius both succumbed to the move, necessitating their respective withdrawals as well. And last came the Max Quake- the Raichu, who had been fortunate enough to hang on from the Sludge Wave, was not so fortunate this time, and in what could only be described as extreme overkill, the Electric-type was taken out as well.

"...WHAT!" Keith cried out, breaking the stunned silence at last. "How... I mean, are we even gonna..."

"Keith," Willa said firmly. "Yes. We will. Garbodor has been weakened immensely, so once all of our Pokémon are back in the fray, we can finish it off. Now, in the meantime, perhaps attempt to help heal that Garchomp?" she suggested. But even as she did so, Keith turned and looked just in time to see two other Trainers acting on the exact same idea. And Keith knew the deal- this bundled beam of Dynamax Energy, it would restore the Pokémon's hit points by half of the maximum. In other words, two of those on one Pokémon would heal it completely. He looked around, but upon consulting his Pokédex, he could see that all of the Pokémon involved in this battle were either totally unconscious or at full health. And Garbodor didn't have any more shields in it to put up, either.

"...OK," Keith sighed. "This... wow. There is... literally nothing I can do right now," he shrugged. "Guess we just... wait until Rubeus is healed."

"If that is all we can do... then I suppose, so be it," sighed Willa. "At least we can help in the final assault on Garbodor."

"True," Keith admitted with a small grin. "Though I do wish Rubeus would've gotten to play a more supporting role in this," he added. "That was my intention when bringing him, and we haven't gotten to heal anyone by so much as a single hit point. And I doubt that'll be the smart move when he's back in action anyway."

"Weren't you the one who taught me that a Trainer has to just roll with how a battle goes sometimes?" Maribel asked.

Keith had to chuckle at this one. "...OK, yeah, fair enough," he conceded. His own daughter won this one, and he knew it, and it made him so damn proud.

OOC: Cheering to... uh... to... protect the world from devastation?

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-25-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:24 PM   #69
myahoo
Soul Badge

Swapping over to Punishment (60 BP + (20 * 4 buffs))
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:15 PM   #70
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

The Sp.Def boosts suck, but I guess Hurricane (110 BP, Shadow Lance boosts crit rate)
Old 10-26-2021, 01:26 PM   #71
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Yikes. Guess it's back to the big guns. I know it's gross, but give it one more PSYCHIC FANGS (85 BP)! (Boosted by Twisted Spoon)
Old 10-28-2021, 05:11 AM   #72
Connor
Flashbacker

★★★★★

Health Gauge: 12%
Raiders: Misty Terrain (2), Sandstorm (4)
KOs: 6

Raider Healing Summary
Raves, Garchomp (Leo, Zelphon: Cheer): 600 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Gunk Shot (120 BP)
grassyglide, Vivillon: 254 HP

Attack 2: Max Rockfall (130 BP)
grassyglide, Vivillon: 0 HP

Attack 3: Giga Impact (150 BP)
Raves, Garchomp: 312 HP

Raid Challengers

Zelphon, Shadow Dragapult: 600 HP [Recovered]
Leo, Raichu: 600 HP [Recovered]
MM, Stunfisk: 500 HP [Recovered]
Raves, Garchomp: 312 HP
grassyglide, Vivillon: 0 HP [Shadow Lance] [Fainted]
CCK, Mismagius: 400 HP [Recovered]

With their numbers dramatically thinned, the standing Raiders muster an offensive, and though they do not fell the beast it is clear they bring him close. Garchomp falls back on tested methods, crashing into the viscous form of Garbodor with a Drill Run and cleaving toxic chunks of sludge from the bloated body. Espeon grimaces as they clamp their jaws shut over the foul stench, eyes watering as they deliver a Psychic Fangs. Sableye and Vivillon have slightly less messy jobs, simply striking with a Punishment and Hurricane respectively. Unfortunately for the butterfly, they are soon targeted emphatically. A Gunk Shot is weathered - albeit shakily - but the following Max Rockfall sends them to their ball for a second time. Garchomp has little time to process this horror as Garbodor lumbers towards him with terrifying momentum, the Giga Impact leaving the land shark reeling.

Dynamax initiative: Expired

• You have until Saturday, 30th October to place your order.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:13 AM   #73
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
Old 10-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #74
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Shadow End (120 BP)

Old 10-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #75
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Did somebody say recoil? Let's nuke it with a Volt Tackle (120 BP!)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League